• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project BlazBrawl Consoliditation Topic. - Project Ragna has resumed, Tager Next.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I've just got an simple idea

if you are going to do Hakumen, just use that Zero sideB dash for his airdash, just not with the same range

RylanRD1

Smash Cadet
Bump

I felt like contributing to this somehow, so I thought about it and...

...I think it looks pretty good, what do you think? I'll be removing the light from the eyes, fix the shoes, and make the rest of the arms and maybe the ears white, but that's for later.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
I just want to let every one know that I am working on Jin again, this time he's better than ever! I have started from square one once again and have taken only some of his best moves, eliminated some ridiculous ones and added much better ones, and I must warn people from this moment that I will do my best to make Jin just that, Jin. I am not making an Ice version of Marth that stole Jins moves, so please no complaints, as he will most likely, in the final version, be miles away from how Marth feels, expect the update soon

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Sup Marth175, you should use Peach's dtilt
also use that 2D move, with Marth's dtilt, and make that pillar of ice appear like sorta far away

also up b should be an upwards ice car

just some suggestions.

I personally can't think of any possible ways to really improve my character all that much except some minor changes which i'm too lazy to work on atm lulululul

I really need to work on some sort of trap projectile.

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
lol tried that Peach dtilt idea but Marth takes Peachs model shape, funny but unless theres some way to fix this, i think it'll have to pass

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Jin in the new BB arcade version has a counter move that acts like Hakumen's (same name) but it freezes (no follow up possible barring a change before release).

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Im about ready to announce the changes made to Jin. For starters I made Jin a lot more challenging to use, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, with this comes a whole bunch of new surprises.

Changes for 5.0:

Basic Changes:
-Changed almost all of his animations
-Heavier
-150% slower running speed than his counterparts
-No more ridiculous freezing moves
-Freezing attacks were not removed, but have a 1/4 chance of actually freezing an opponent
-Certain specials like Neutral B have 100% freeze chance
-Ice Car has longer distance coverage though not by much
-Jin attacks are now faster, weak in damage but strong knock back.

New Animation changes:
-Bair is now Links Bair
-Nair is Ikes Nair
-Dair is Ikes Dair

Advanced Changes:
-Remixes now require harder timed button presses, not just leave (button) pressed
-Landing lag can be amazingly reduced by pressing shield button upon landing, this requires exact timing beginning as soon as the landing animation actually starts. This new addition is very difficult to pull off and may require practice. If succesfully pulled off the Brawl announcer will say "WOW! Incredible!" this is a mimic to BlazBlue's announcers "Rapid"

These are only some of the changes, more details when released.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
The announcer shouldn't say stuff so much, imo

Anyway, how are his Drive moves coming along because Drive moves are my favorite!

Marth175

Smash Apprentice
Dont worry the move that triggers the voice is pretty hard to pull of so it shouldnt be heard much, and the drives are coming along pretty good, right now Im working on fixing ice car a bit, some minor tweaks have made a world of difference to the move, at least to me

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Alright I tried working on Rachel some more and couldn't do anything!

If Eldiran wanted to make Rachel that would be great! ._.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Eldrian is busy enough as is and plus I'm sure all of us are willing to help you any way we can.

The announcer is cute but I don't think we need him in the game, even if it's hard to pull off.
Plus anyone who masters it (someone would EVENTUALLY) would be incredibly aggravating.

Thank you so much for all your hard work. I'm pumped!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm probably starting over.
With SubRoutines!
blah
and wind effects
in like a looong time.

If what I had today worked, I probably would have released it before Kirk/Marth bwahaha.

._.

Anyways, I'm also pumped for the other characters.

Rachel, notsomuch seeing as I cannot do anything with any sort of pressure projectile or lingering hitbox... Turnip spam isn't what I'm looking for, and the ingame items are too powerful.

Tobi_goodboy

Smash Rookie
*been lurking here since i made my account earlier today*

(trying and failing miserably at helping) would basing the silpheed off of the bumper item's effects be possible?

also, for tager *WAAAAAY later, i suspect* you could set up his tager buster/GETB as bowser's >B into kirby's ^grab

edit: im a little late to the party, but would this help anyone or is everyone already using it (or something better):
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861&page=1

Zephron

Smash Ace
If something is better than BrawlBox, PLEASE let me know. Lawl.

I have BrawlBox, fer sure. 'Tis pwnage.

Thanks for posting and Idk if we can do the bumper effect. That'd be cool though.
Also you're helping just be posting =)

Tobi_goodboy

Smash Rookie
honestly, i cant wait to see some videos of the current character versions, espescially for characters other than ragna and jin (they're amazing, so lets see some other characters--even if they arent quite finished--though from what ive read some of the newer versionas arent even workable yet due to various issues *sympathies go to tsukiyomi and delxdoom*)...

i'd also love to help but three things are stopping me:

-my computer is crap. srsly.
-i know nothing of anything in-depth game stuff other than playing games, and...
-i dont own a wii and my computer cant handle the emulator for it (yes there is one) :'(

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I feel sorry for Tsu because Litchi is workable, but just needs LOAD of precision and wayyy too much work that I would be comfortable in.

Rachel just doesn't feasibly have anything, lol. I might start with some normals animations and then I'll try adding silpheed or pumpkin, since I have a pretty good idea of what i could do with the pumpkin but it hasn't worked so far.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
It's not the animations that are hard to program for Litchi and Rachel, it's the difficulty of adding a workable staff, or Rachel projectiles that are akin to C4, Waddle Doos, or ... a flying pumpkin which cannot be ported.......

Pitaya

Smash Rookie
I've been following this for some time, and I just want to make some notes for Rachel, since she's far and away my favorite character in Blazblue (and for obvious reasons, really want to see something awesome with her).

I remember hearing somewhere that Toad can't be texture hacked, yet at least. I presume this is still true, but whenever it does, it should be pretty easy to fake a Gii. I don't know if her umbrella can be or not either, I imagine by the different color that it can...think you can make it look like Nago's umbrella form? I know you're not really paying much attention to looks right now, still working on the more complicated moveset dynamics, but just something to keep in mind.

My two fighting games of choice are Brawl and Blazblue, and I've already made "movesets" for something like this. Rather or not some of these are feasible, I'm not sure. For example, I see you've already gotten a decent idea with the Silpheed; can that affect items, too? I like the Gooey Bomb serving as the Tiny Lobelia, but do you think it's possible to shoot it automatically, with wind affecting it in some way? C4 would work to make Sword Iris fit, but I think you should go more for look as opposed to authentic affect, at least until the tools allow for it. Waddle Doo definitely works for George XIII and a PK Thunder shot for Impish Gypsophila (the pumpkin), but obviously, the current tools don't allow.

I do have a Final Smash idea, though. I assume her Up Smash "lightning" can spawn elsewhere, right? My suggestion is to make a wave of them, going from Rachel onwards the way she's facing, similar to Unlimited Rachel's Sword Iris. Doesn't require Tiny Lobelia rods, and it just goes 4 bolts in a straight line. Of course, for a Final Smash, this would probably spawn the entire end of the stage in her direction. On that note, can the Up Smash "lightning" be manipulated to strike particular items, too? In this case, spawned Gooey Bombs. I'm pretty sure this is stretching it, but it sounds good on paper.

If anyone working on a Blazblue character wants moveset ideas, rather for completion or balance, refining, whatever, I'll be happy to help. I check this thread every other day or so. I'll try to keep in mind system limitations...I have no experience with moveset editing, barely having played around with texture editing. So I'm a little new to it, needless to say.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Toad's model is a far cry from Gil. It'll look like a red blob with a mushroom shaped head. Eh. And I don't think you can even texture hack him yet.

People would prolly figure it out though.

As for the umbrella, I tried that but the face would be on there 6 times. Creating a nasty look IMO. Won't work either. Sorry!

Thanks for posting. That final smash idea is really cool!

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I've been following this for some time, and I just want to make some notes for Rachel, since she's far and away my favorite character in Blazblue (and for obvious reasons, really want to see something awesome with her).

I remember hearing somewhere that Toad can't be texture hacked, yet at least. I presume this is still true, but whenever it does, it should be pretty easy to fake a Gii. I don't know if her umbrella can be or not either, I imagine by the different color that it can...think you can make it look like Nago's umbrella form? I know you're not really paying much attention to looks right now, still working on the more complicated moveset dynamics, but just something to keep in mind.

My two fighting games of choice are Brawl and Blazblue, and I've already made "movesets" for something like this. Rather or not some of these are feasible, I'm not sure. For example, I see you've already gotten a decent idea with the Silpheed; can that affect items, too? I like the Gooey Bomb serving as the Tiny Lobelia, but do you think it's possible to shoot it automatically, with wind affecting it in some way? C4 would work to make Sword Iris fit, but I think you should go more for look as opposed to authentic affect, at least until the tools allow for it. Waddle Doo definitely works for George XIII and a PK Thunder shot for Impish Gypsophila (the pumpkin), but obviously, the current tools don't allow.

I do have a Final Smash idea, though. I assume her Up Smash "lightning" can spawn elsewhere, right? My suggestion is to make a wave of them, going from Rachel onwards the way she's facing, similar to Unlimited Rachel's Sword Iris. Doesn't require Tiny Lobelia rods, and it just goes 4 bolts in a straight line. Of course, for a Final Smash, this would probably spawn the entire end of the stage in her direction. On that note, can the Up Smash "lightning" be manipulated to strike particular items, too? In this case, spawned Gooey Bombs. I'm pretty sure this is stretching it, but it sounds good on paper.

If anyone working on a Blazblue character wants moveset ideas, rather for completion or balance, refining, whatever, I'll be happy to help. I check this thread every other day or so. I'll try to keep in mind system limitations...I have no experience with moveset editing, barely having played around with texture editing. So I'm a little new to it, needless to say.
Yeah bro

Seeing as I normally don't play with Final Smashes, I wasn't gonna be too worried about the FS since it would require a bit more programming than I was worried about.

Lightning to hit a place in front of you is actually a neat idea, to hit a gooey bomb? Interesting, but I can only hit a specific place from Peach, OR hit everything (including PEOPLE AND the item)

The main reason why I don't like the gooey bomb is that it kills too early :(

Some more ideas for Jin
JumpB for backwards roll animation
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkNmJ77DbM8
ice effect on dair at 4:42
could be used for ice car or other moves
yeah?
:D

Tobi_goodboy

Smash Rookie
actually, if you cant get the silpheed to affect items, then you could set up the pumpkin like zeldas fireball or link's boomerang (i like the latter idea as you excecute the move and select the direction of the launch, similar to the silpheed pumpkin in BB)

or maybe even the soccer ball... you could have her attack spawn a soccer ball and use a quick follow-up attack in the same animation (like captain falcon's homerun bat excecute) to send it flying.

edit: though, the soccer ball may be a tad too devastating (close range i've seen it 1shot a 0% lucario, mario, and zelda...rio)

Pitaya

Smash Rookie
If that's the case, what about when charging Rachel's Up-Smash lightning, you can tilt to the left or the right, causing the lightning to hit in front of or behind Rachel, depending on how you tilt. Similar to how some characters strike slightly up or down when using Forward Smashes similarly.

Also, is Bang going to be Captain Falcon or Sheik? I've seen a "Shishigami Sheik" moveset, but no texture. I take it Tager is going to be Ganondorf...any progress there?

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
actually, if you cant get the silpheed to affect items, then you could set up the pumpkin like zeldas fireball or link's boomerang (i like the latter idea as you excecute the move and select the direction of the launch, similar to the silpheed pumpkin in BB)

or maybe even the soccer ball... you could have her attack spawn a soccer ball and use a quick follow-up attack in the same animation (like captain falcon's homerun bat excecute) to send it flying.

edit: though, the soccer ball may be a tad too devastating (close range i've seen it 1shot a 0% lucario, mario, and zelda...rio)
I really hate spawning the universal items. All of them are overpowered.

@Usmash lightning.
1. Seeing as it was really more of a BB Lily move, never really came to mind in the first place.
2. It's possible, but i'd rather make a "ranged" lightning move her fsmash now that I come to think of it. Maybe even a wave ;D

Tobi_goodboy

Smash Rookie
so, on the topic of taokaka--are you going to set up a majority of tao's B attacks as variants of lucario's dash (with damage if it runs into something)?

the <B --where she hops back a good ways and springs forward at the opponent--would be iteresting to see.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
I'm definitely thinking about how to implement Tager and Taokaka and Rachel and stuff.

Yeah.

I have an EPIC idea for Jin's Up smash, lol

bajisci

Smash Ace
Sorry if it was mentioned but you should just make jins dtilt what his side taunt is in the video :D

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'd help, but there's no need for any textures yet, and Ryko and the crew must be busy or something and can't do the PSA's.

I'll try contacting him.

Thanks for bumping =)

Top Bottom