• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Mewter

Smash Master
Yes, I know....

As for abusing it, I would provide a link, but I don't know how to do that.

Cuz I'm a noob and stuff.
I wasn't trying to be informative.
Just justifying it since "cheating" didn't seem like the right word choice, imo.

Continue with your discussion. :laugh:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I have A question about breeding pokemon with exclusive heart gold/soul silver moves.

In this scenario say I bred water spout onto a squirtle. If I transfer the egg to pearl and hatch it there will it still have water spout or does it only work if you hatch on heart gold/soul silver?

Kantō

Smash Champion
i dont know cu what would happen if u battled one and they did that move it would still work right?

Mewter

Smash Master
i dont know cu what would happen if u battled one and they did that move it would still work right?
Of course.

@SNO:
It would probably hatch with Water Spout then, but can you even trade eggs to DP?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Of course.

@SNO:
It would probably hatch with Water Spout then, but can you even trade eggs to DP?
yep you can. All my money and macho braces ect are there so i want to raise them there. Thanks.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
This is an unrelated and dumb question, but:

Why isn't Mail (trick-blocking) implemented in Shoddy? Think of all the possibilities that could come from that :)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
The thing is, that would actually be a big deal if it was done though.

You could be anti-anti meta and run a Mail lead to mess with trickscarf leads, your crocune/tomb has imminuty to trick, you can guard your blissey in ubers, etc. There's a lot of potential for a relatively small amount of coding to add some flavor to the metagame. Some other unusual, situational items like Power Herb could also have nice uses if they were ever programmed in...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Can anybody tell me an easy way to beat the Voltorb Flip Game?

I've found countless tuts with no avail. I really need an Ice Beam and a Thunder Bolt, but for an hour, all I've won is 111 coins :mad:

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Isn't it just minesweeper or something?

Just look up a minesweeper guide

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Isn't it just minesweeper or something?
It's only similar in that if you find a Voltorb (mine), you lose.

It's more like Picross. And Minesweeper is a lot easier.

My suggestion: make use of the memo feature.

Obvious tips: Any row/column that adds up to 5, mark each tile in that row/column with both a 1 and a Voltorb. Also, if there are any without a Voltorb, just flip them all anyway (even if they're mostly/all 1s)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is an unrelated and dumb question, but:

Why isn't Mail (trick-blocking) implemented in Shoddy? Think of all the possibilities that could come from that :)
Shoddy 2 has higher priority than upgrading Shoddy.

lol, Shoddy 2

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
A:

Metal~Mario used Present!
Metal~Mario gave Terywj a Present!
Terywj restored 40% of its HP (and recieved HG!)!

JK, unfortunately. But still, be patient.

I want it but don't have the money (and probably won't have anytime within the next year). You don't see me complaining....

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Okay i am trying to rng in soulsilver.
And the tutorial on smogon makes no sense AT ALL.
I cant understand what the Muk they are trying to say.

Things I already have.
Id
SId

Things I dont have
Seed (whatever that is)
Time
Pretty much anything else >.<
someone try to help.
And this is for hgss so no coinflip/freindship checker bullcrap

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've been trying to RNG myself recently (not like it's going well), but I'm pretty sure HGSS RNG is different from DPPT, since apparently, HGSS doesn't have a consistent delay and stuff. To answer your questions though:

-Seed: Basically, the combination of numbers that tell the RNG reporter what the IV's of the Pokemon you're going to get are. It is created by how long you took to press Continue on the start screen, and by you're delay. More importantly, with a good Seed, you should be able to get the IV's you want.
-Time: The time you have to hit to get the IV's and such that you want. It literally has to be down to the seconds.
-Delay: Is about 60x the the number of seconds it takes from the a soft reset to the time you press continue.
-Frame: The number of frames that you want to hit in order to get the IV's that you want. A journal flip to a page where you captured a pokemon increases the frame by two, and every wandering pokemon you have still out increases the frame by one each.

Yeah, I hope I simplified it enough for you. If you still don't get it, well, I'll see if I can help more.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Well, I've been trying to RNG myself recently (not like it's going well), but I'm pretty sure HGSS RNG is different from DPPT, since apparently, HGSS doesn't have a consistent delay and stuff. To answer your questions though:

-Seed: Basically, the combination of numbers that tell the RNG reporter what types of Pokemon you're going to get. It is created by how long you took to press Continue on the start screen, and by you're delay.
-Time: The time you have to hit to get the IV's and such that you want. It literally has to be down to the seconds.
-Delay: Is about 60x the the number of seconds it takes from the a soft reset to the time you press continue.
-Frame: The number of frames that you want to hit in order to get the IV's that you want. A journal flip to a page where you captured a pokemon increases the frame by two, and every wandering pokemon you have still out increases the frame by one each.

Yeah, I hope I simplified it enough for you. If you still don't get it, well, I'll see if I can help more.
Well that made it like 10x easier :)
But im still a little confused :/
When you input your id and sid into the Rng reporter, what comes next.
I am trying to find a walkthrough-eque tutorial, NOT going well :ohwell:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
... how the bloody hell are you supposed to record the time that it took you to press continue?

And what the hell is time? I don't get that, and frames.... I don't get that either

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
After you input those things, you have to find you're seed. Go to a place where you can catch a level 50 or higher Pokemon, save, and catch one. Then, go to the RNG Reporter and select the seed finder. Go to "find initial seed by stat", input the stats, the pokemon, and whatever you have to fill out there, and voila, you should have your seed.

@Roacherman: Okay, when you press continue on the screen, the time you press A on the screen is what you have to input into the find initial seed by stat part of the RNG reporter. This doesn't have to be to the second. It isn't that hard really; just memorize it before you catch a Pokemon, as I've found it should take less than a minute to do so.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
... how the bloody hell are you supposed to record the time that it took you to press continue?

And what the hell is time? I don't get that, and frames.... I don't get that either
Using a timer, duh.
And by fram (im guessing) he means how many times a sprite changes position (which is a lot, considering the pokemon that follows you -__-
Edit: Where the muk am i gonna find a lv50 or higher in ss 0.0

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Using a timer, duh.
And by fram (im guessing) he means how many times a sprite changes position (which is a lot, considering the pokemon that follows you -__-
Easily the best method to getting the frame you want is by flipping the journal to a page where you caught a pokemon on, as that advances the frame by 2. A turn, or a step advances the frame by one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I was GOING to use an AR to help me find my secret ID and my seed and stuff like that so I can RNG a shiyn starter but the AR didn't work so I guess whatevers.

There goes my one chance ever at learning RNG LOL

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
@ UltiMario: Did you reset the AR by pressing A+B and Start and Select on the menu screen? I was having the same issues, but I managed to reset it and get my SID by that way.

@Charmander's editted post: Mt. Silver Mountainside maybe? That's what it says on Serebii.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I was GOING to use an AR to help me find my secret ID and my seed and stuff like that so I can RNG a shiyn starter but the AR didn't work so I guess whatevers.

There goes my one chance ever at learning RNG LOL
You COULD use the code that finds the sid for you
Like I did
i still havent beaten blaine yet >;(

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
It's probably going to be easier if you finished the game first, so do that before anything else.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Man I just looked at rng just to see... it's really cryptic, but meh, I've never liked abusing game mechanics since I played mmos and saw everyone doing it. Though I have to say, didn't know it was so complex O_o

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
No the AR is just plain broken lol

I have a working one but I can't find it. My bother probably lost it, he used the AR on his platinum a lot and he lost his plat so he probably lost the AR with it lol

Kole

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where exactly to get TM36 Sludge Bomb (HG/SS)? I know Route 43 but I can't find it there.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Did we ever figure out what that truck was for way back in RGY?

Top Bottom