• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sorry, man. I didn't know if that was just like a spacer (like if Metal Mario was already taken as a name).

I'll be sure to keep that in mind though, Metal~Mario.

-Terywj

Riddle

Smash Lord
Counter isn't a very good move. Snorlax is pretty ideal if you really must have a fighting lure with counter. However a good fighting lure is something like SCarfed Tyranitar with Earthquake for Infernape/Lucario. You're still beaten by a healthy machamp but you will always kill the two mentioned unless they're scarfed.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Stages work like this:

Original Stat Number X ((S+2)/2), where S=the number of stages raised.

For Agility, S=+2 (raises by two stages) so......

((2+2)/2)
(4/2)

So the original stat is multiplied by two, or doubled.

Quick Chart for S:

+1 stage=3/2
+2 stages=2
+3 stages=5/2
+4 stages=3
+5 stages=7/2
+6 stages=4

-1 stage=2/3
-2 stages=1/2
-3 stages=2/5
-4 stages=1/3
-5 stages=2/7
-6 stages=1/4

Just multiply the original stat number by whichever number correlates to the number of stages raised or lowered. Also, obviously +0 means the stat remains unchanged.

Hope that helps!
Alright! So long-story short...

That would mean that using agility, would give a Kingler 150 points to his speed, because his base stat is 75. If so... ... ...

It counters a Garchomp that doesn't have Focus Sash!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Jeez.

Last question.

I plan on putting Focus Sash on Kingler, just in case it bumps uglies with Garchomp, what I'm going to raise Kingler to take out.

Crab Hammer is good for the STAB, but how would Flail be if Kingler had 1 HP left? Coupled with his sick power?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Water+Normal gives good coverage, but I see that you're mixing tiers so yeah.

You can setup a Sub+Liechi Berry too. Nothing is better than a +1 Attack with +2/4 Speed on Kingler.

-Terywj

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hmmm... Not bad. I'll hafta see. Just gotta decide on the moveset asides,

- Agility
- Crab Hammer
- Flail

Hmm... Maybe an Ice Move? Or dare I risk it using Sword Dance? Who knows. If it had better HP, I'd so put Sword Dance on in a heartbeat.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Ninja'd by jwyreT on the SubLiechi idea.

You could also go in reverse: Sub Salac with Swords Dance.

Ya'know, if speed isn't a concern.

EDIT: Go with Rock Slide or X-Scissor.

Flinching + dead Flying Types=win.

Dead Grass types=more win.

You decide.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I'd suggest X-Scissor given the prominence of Tangrowth and the like.

Flying-types (Swellow, Altaria namely) are still hit nicely by Flail / Return.

Although I realized again that you would play againt any Pokemon, regardless of tiers.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Does anybody know how the mechanics of the Safari Zone in Johto work?

I'm trying to catch a Larvitar, but it seems to keep running away from me... anybody tell me how the whole "How many muds do you throw till it runs" things or something?

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Does anybody know how the mechanics of the Safari Zone in Johto work?

I'm trying to catch a Larvitar, but it seems to keep running away from me... anybody tell me how the whole "How many muds do you throw till it runs" things or something?
I'm pretty sure it's all random chance, just like it's always been. You could throw 20 Muds at a Larvitar, and there's still a chance that it won't run away even after all that, though of course, it's very slim. It'd be a cinch to catch though.

My suggestion is to just spam balls as soon as you see one, because you're more likely to catch one if you have multiple shots at it (i.e. not Mudding it usually means it stays longer, meaning more chances to throw balls) than you are Mudding it and praying it doesn't run away, then praying the ball works, and if it doesn't and he runs, praying to find another one.

I'm assuming Larvitar is rare btw (like my Misdreavus). If it isn't, Mud to your heart's content, because you'll probably find another one soon anyway. :p

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yes it is. I've only encountered like 5 or so out of the 50 I've fought.

And I just caught a Lickitung there... finally I went through about 40 of those before I got one XD

EDIT: nevermind my question, I just got a larvitar XD

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
gligar->kingler pass.

best NU pass combo ever? both have hyper cutter, and kingler resists water/ice while gligar is immune to electric and neutral to grass.

Kantō

Smash Champion
i have a question about the yellow forest pokewalker event. i know that its release its april 1st-30th.
is this event available at gamestop? or do u just download it from your home wifi connection?

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
It's downloaded from wifi.

On serebii, the events are separated by whether they are for "wifi" where you only need the game and internet connection or "outside" where you have to go to a store (GameStop, Toys-R-Us, etc.) or an official tournament.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'd suggest X-Scissor given the prominence of Tangrowth and the like.

Flying-types (Swellow, Altaria namely) are still hit nicely by Flail / Return.

Although I realized again that you would play againt any Pokemon, regardless of tiers.

-Terywj
Yeah. I'd like to be smart about it, but again, tiers don't mean that big of a difference to me. S'why I've stuck with Charizard for so long as my favorite, even with others like Infernape/Heatran/Blaziken out there.

Kantō

Smash Champion
It's downloaded from wifi.

On serebii, the events are separated by whether they are for "wifi" where you only need the game and internet connection or "outside" where you have to go to a store (GameStop, Toys-R-Us, etc.) or an official tournament.
thanks much:chuckle:

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Yeah. I'd like to be smart about it, but again, tiers don't mean that big of a difference to me. S'why I've stuck with Charizard for so long as my favorite, even with others like Infernape/Heatran/Blaziken out there.
You can still be smart with charizard, lol

He has what things he can do that none of the OU fire types/starters can do, but of course he's well known for them (Blaze subsalac drum, etc.). Mix it up with a DD set for variety and you basically have a mixmence without stab on dragon. that's also x4 weak to stealth rock. >_>

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wait, Gamestop has wi fi?

Well I could JUST got to my friends house since he does have wi fi XD.

Anyways, has the shiny rate for pokemon increased in HG/SS?

It seems like everyone I see has a shiny (My friend even has a shiny Sudowoodo.... seriously, you only find that thing like once in the game and he got it in his first try :mad:)

Mewter

Smash Master
It's not cheating per se.
More like taking advantage of the game's mechanics in a sly fashion.

Top Bottom