• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prof. Oak's Lab: The Q&A Thread - USE THIS

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
God I'd love to apply for Pokemon Researcher, but I know I wouldn't be of any use as my competitive knowledge is limited really...

Anyways, what does even Jirachi do in HG/SS anyways?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Gives you a course on the Pokewalker.

Thats it
Wow really? Talk about a waste of an event pokemon...

I like the pokewalker, but I don't like it THAT much...

btw, does anybody know if there will be more event pokemon for HG/SS in the future? And if so, are they free or do you pay for them?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I still haven't applied for the poke-Researcher title yet.
Then go apply!

God I'd love to apply for Pokemon Researcher, but I know I wouldn't be of any use as my competitive knowledge is limited really...
As long as you have competitive knowledge, you have the right to apply as a Researcher. Although Umbreon's been out, apply anyways. I've already asked Chibo to look into it. Perhaps he'll get access and become the new head in place of Umbreon's departure.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Then go apply!

As long as you have competitive knowledge, you have the right to apply as a Researcher. Although Umbreon's been out, apply anyways. I've already asked Chibo to look into it. Perhaps he'll get access and become the new head in place of Umbreon's departure.

-Terywj
Really? Well since I have competitive knowledge, then I guess I'll go get to apply... its good practice for me AND I like the colorful name ^^... but thats not the main reason why I'd like to apply though...

Again, does anybody know if there is gonna be a future SS/HG event?

And if so, are event pokemon free? Sorry if I sound n00bish, but I have never gotten an event pokemon before because when I got sapphire, it was towards the end of gen 3 and I never owned a DS during the main gen 4 games...

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Why wouldn't there be more events in the future?

And if so, are event pokemon free? Sorry if I sound n00bish, but I have never gotten an event pokemon before because when I got sapphire, it was towards the end of gen 3 and I never owned a DS during the main gen 4 games...
Event pokemon and items are free. All you do is download it from wherever it's being givenaway from.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

I'd assume so. There are a few events that have happened already in Japan, but due to our lack of actually having the games released yet, they haven't released the events in the US yet either. For instance, the Lati@s event.

And yeah, it's free. You basically just "download" it via mystery gift.

EDIT: Dang it, ninja'd.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
N00b question alert!
How do you apply for the researcher thing? comment on someones profile asking to join? Go to a certain page
I am very confused:confused:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What WouW just said.

Also, I know I already got a good amount of support but I want throw it out here in case anyways.

Q: How many people would be interested in participating in / supporting a Battle Of The Week?

It would start after the Mixed Bags Tourney, to givw a clear run of things.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I think its a good idea... I'll probably never get my battle into one of those. I am just TOO prone to fails (unless its so fail that it HAS to be BotW)... but I'd still like to see one anyways

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No no no, in BOTW members nominate 3 people who they want to see battle (excluding themselves) and the top 10 choices will be polled on. The winner of that poll is the first battler. Then the remaining 9 are polled on again to determine the second battler. Those two battlers will then discuss (in-thread) when they will stage the match. Then everyone watches!

After Week 1, I'll be opening the tiers up, so there can be NU, Ubers, mixed, etc.

-Terywj

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So I was therefore still explaining something wrong. At least tell me what it was so I can fix it when the actual thread goes up, man.

xD

-Terywj

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
I'll support it (like I already said in the other thread) but don't want to be a battler until I get a better computer and can use Shoddy.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I think the real problem would be making sure that the two people with the most votes are actually willing to battle. We don't have a large enough pool of battlers to really make it work, there's only a few good players that people would want to watch anyway.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well it's all for the enjoyment factor. We have plenty of people, nominations are just cut down to the top 6.
I'll probabyl change that if it ends up being too high of a number.

-Terywj

SilentVerse

Smash Journeyman
Well, since I got the Pokemon Researcher title recently, I thought I should ask this:

Q: Should I attempt to revamp some of the old strategies in the Pokemon Research forum? It's so dead right now...

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Honestly, don't bother. Nobody ever uses those anyways. There is Smogon afer all and the Researcher title is more of a sign that you're a major contributor to the events which go on in the Pokemon Center.

-Terywj

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Pokemon Reaseacher Titles should be given to real contributors of the PC, like Terywj on EVERYTHING, and then for other people that have assisted SmashCAP and other projects.

Just IMO.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Pokemon Reaseacher Titles should be given to real contributors of the PC, like Terywj on EVERYTHING, and then for other people that have assisted SmashCAP and other projects.

Just IMO.
I had a long post regarding this topic in the thread you created, but then when I went to post it the thread was closed. Not going to write it all up again though, because I'm too lazy right now.

But basically, if you don't do relatively in-depth research on either the artistic or competitive front of Pokemon, or don't contribute much to the PC, then you don't really deserve it at all.

Pretty sad that I just wrote up the short version, and it's still kinda long.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Look if a project comes up, Ill contribute, but since nothing's come up and I just noticed just today that I got the title, Ill just contribute when it pops up...

btw, by artistic do you mean sprites? Because if then.... yeah....

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Thats for Chibo and Spire to decide when the Researcher Reform happens.

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
Hey idk if this is the right place but i need some help with moves and stargey for a team.

Pokemon

PolygonZ
Bonzorng
Drapion
Swampert
Dusknoir
Magnezone

Main idea is to use trickroom and use light screen for something elese but haven't gotton that far so.... any ideas/ suggestions? critcisum recommend.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Right place. He's not asking us to a rate a full team. He just wants us to give him direction and ideas on what to do with his team based on the concept he has proposed.

I'm in a hurry now, but if I get the chance to later I can give you some options as to what to do with it. The fun thing about using Trick Room is that you get to use a lot of powerhouses from lower tiers that are mainly unviable just because of their Speed (such as Marowak, for instance).

Top Bottom