• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Probably going to get back into Competitive Pokemon TCG

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Luxray GL LV. X
Promocroak

Azelf RH
2 Uxie RH
2 Garchomp C Lv.X SV
1 Garchomp C Regional
1 Garchomp C RH
2 Crobat G RH
1 Luxray GL RH
1 Staraptor FB RH
1 Staraptor FB RH

1 Ambipom G RH
1 Toxicroak G RH
1 Skuntank G RH
1 Honchkrow G RH
1 Roserade GL RH
1 Drifblim FB RH
1 Chatot G RH
1 Lucario GL RH

1 Unown Q RH
3 Smeargle UD RH
3 Sableye SF RH

1 Smeargle UD
1 Sableye SF
1 Giratina PL-9 RH
1 Unown R RH
1 Mesprit LV.X
1 Umbreon Prime
1 Crobat G
1 Jumpluff RH
1 Jumpluff
2 Vileplume UD
4 Phanphy HS RH
2 Hoppip HS RH
1 Drifblim GB
1 Luxray GL

2 Cyrus's Conspiracy RH
2 Pokemon Collector RH
2 Broken Time-Space RH
5 Pokemon Communication

3 Energy Gain RH
3 Energy Gain
2 Poketurn RH
2 Poketurn
4 Power Spray RH
2 Power Spray
2 SP Radar RH

2 Twins RH
1 Seeker RH
1 Seeker
2 Judge RH
2 Aaron's Collection RH
1 Palmer's Contribution RH
2 Cyrus's Initiative RH
1 VS Seeker RH
2 Expert Belt RH
4 Super Scoop Up RH
4 Pokedex 910's RH
1 Alph Lithograph UD
3 Professor Oak's New Theory

3 Double Colorless Energy RH
3 Warp Energy RH
4 Special Darkness Energy RH
2 Basic Darkness Energy 2008 LP
3 Basic Darkness Energy PR
3 Electric Energy HP
3 Psychic Energy HP
1 Fire Energy HP
2 Fire Energy PR
2 Electric Energy PR
2 Psychic Energy PR
2 Fighting Energy PR
2 Water Energy PR
5 Grass Energy PR
1 Basic Metal Energy PR
2 Basic Metal Energy 2008 LP
3 Fighting Energy 2003 LP

+ a stack of negligable RH cards, and various good trainers/supporters/stadiums/pokemon lines.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
wow trading card game was so amazing and fun when it first came out. Sadly all the cards i have arent allowed anymore... i think. I have the very first pack... jungle... fossil... gold silver... team rocket. Super old stuff. I got some newer cards and it looks like they changed the game a bit. What cards are legal now? Its understandable they banned old cards because i had an extremely broken deck revolving around wigglytuff. Plus i had four cards called pokemon march which allowed you to get a benched pokemon powering up do the wave.

Good times ;.;

colorless 4 life. Do they still have double colorless energy? That was too good. Colorless energy gold berry healed 30 hp too ****

Tamoo

Smash Master
Oh trust me, if you think wigglytuff was broken, you should check out the new jumpluff ;)
Does the same thing as do the wave, but for one energy, and also counts your opponents pokemon in play, and has free retreat o.o
legal pokemon cards right now are anything Majestic Dawn and on, and anything that's been reprinted from old sets.
And yeah double colorless has been reprinted, hate that card cos of garchomp and ambipom lol :urg:

ruby: wow that's quite a collection

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Just skimming through this, and I noticed it was mentioned that cards older than a certain printing date are banned.

Why is this?

Tamoo

Smash Master
Basically, cards go through rotation to freshen up the metagame, cycle out old staples, and ultimately, to generate sales.

At the end of the day, this is a money making machine

There is an unlimited format that allows all cards from all sets but its not really that popular, the modified series is where it's at.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I used to have the best TCG deck ever, with 2 different cards.

4 of these guys:

And 56 of these:

Cheap as hell.

EDIT: Ah, CRASHiC beat me to it. :'(
Doesn't work. EVERY deck in base/fossil/jungle should be prepared for this and carry one (or more) gambler in their deck. If you notice your opponent is stalling, basically stop playing and wait until your hand has 20 to 30 something cards in it. Play gambler, and shuffle your entire hand back into your deck. Now you have more cards in your deck than that Mewtwo stall deck. gg

And yeah. The computers in the GB TCG even know how to beat Mewtwo Stall.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Not guna lie, Pokemon tcg was so much..boring than I thought. I spent 200 on collecting, though. The card artwork is insane, but the game is meh.

D

Deleted member

anyone who likes to win @ the pokemon tcg, go to walmart and buy this;

By far the dumbest deck I've seen in a long time.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
You were probably really bad, then.
No, I mean the scheme. I was dumb and thought you'd run 3~4 sets of evolved Pokemon and it'd play out like a Pokemon battle. But the concept of running 1 major Prime set with a trainer card shutdown Pokemon, etc, seems really boring to me.

But that's just my opinion =/

Tamoo

Smash Master
and enjoy wasting all your money on non playable pokemon cards lol

I find gyarados frustrating to play as at times, maybe my deck build just isn't good enough :/

Ohh yeah and ruby i took your advice in the end and went straight machamp, it def is better than donchamp although i may add a 1-1 line in the future although i find dropping rainbow energies helps more than enough in powering up prime.

And desperately trying to form a competitive dusknoir deck, as i love it's level x but the only thing i can think of atm consists of 3 lines of lvx pokemon which may be hard to pull out lol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Ooooh, 2010 world champs decks are out?
I must grab Yuta's LuxChomp.

Gyrados is legit. Especially now with Triumphant's cards to fill the void Felicity's did.

Made a Straight Machamp deck yesterday for my gf. Still need to grab real Machamp Primes and Uxies.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Pokemon is the best, cheapest and most fun card game I've played. I really do have a good time with it, playing, deck building, it's just all good, plus its pokemon, full of awesome little creatures, who wouldn't love it? . YGO is just crazy and broken, really is but I can see why people enjoy it. Magic is one of the best but its like playing some hardcore card game, could never get into it myself

Pokemon is not the only game to go through rotations. Magic does regularly also.

Saw some of your smash game recently ruby to and spent like 15 mins thinking where have I seen this guys name before.

D

Deleted member

gyarados was one of the weaker decks of that format.

if you think that's dumb, you're really out of it.
me and my friends all went out and bought up a bunch of those decks. it was like gengar gyarados garchomp jumpluff and gardevoir. we played it pretty hardcore over the past week. the gyarados deck just shitstomps the other 4 pretty bad.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Even though I never got to build it, I think Jumpluff was my favourite of the 2009 format.

Check this out:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ytkh9NhmCOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ytkh9NhmCOE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think this is a great deck. Straight forward stomping decks are my favourite. Great for beginners to learn the game too.

Top Bottom