• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I like Peach's new voice and just about everything else improved like the removal of her butt bomb attack >.< and her more DSish style. (I loved Super Princess Peach)

Edit: To Rockin: Who would win in a tennis match, Kirby or Peach?
Definitly Peach. One minute she hits with a tennis

The moment Kirby hits it, she spike it down with her Frying Pan

GG.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Definitly Peach. One minute she hits with a tennis

The moment Kirby hits it, she spike it down with her Frying Pan

GG.
Well Kirby can fly, but he is kind of short (8inches tall? Is that right? well then lets pretend hes Smash Bros size), very light (the racket is probably heavier), pretty slow (no legs), stubby arms... eh.

He can suck up stuff so maybe he can suck a tennis ball and become one? >.< bad idea. Swallowing a person might give him powers but im not sure thats legal. <(-,-<)

Well Kirby has spirit and that all that matters.

her bomb bomb isn't removed, it's just improved :p
Haha her bomb bomb? well it was called peach bomber, but w/o the explosion brawl peaches side B would probably have a different name for it, actually peach bomber could still work as name. I like the new side B, faster and more useful.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I missed this thread. So I'll repost my other post here:
After watching a few videos, I've noticed that Peach has been improved in certain areas.

* Her turnips have gotten bigger (at least if we are to believe one of the pictures on Smash Dojo)
* Her Back-throw has gotten better (at least if we are to believe this picture). Notice how Mario is flying off with his back to Peach. Maybe that's just that start of the animation, but you never know.
* Peach's Side B (Peach Bomber) has gotten better. As can be seen here (at the very start of the movie), Peach's Side B is slightly faster on startup and extremely faster on cooldown (almost no cooldown, as Peach was able to do Nair almost immediately afterwards). She also barely bounces back from it, so maybe it'll be easier to Peach Bomb now (or maybe it'll be altogether impossible?)?
* She's still got her Float (or as Smash Dojo puts it, "Floating Jumps"). We can only hope this means she'll still have Float Cancel.

The Bad News:
* With the increase in freeze frames, her Dsmash will be next to useless now. No one will CC it anymore, or if they do, they'll have the longest reaction time to let go of the CC!
* As can be seen in the above video, her F-tilt is infinitely easier to DI since it's got huge freeze frames on it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, and I almost forgot:
* Peach's Up + B is better now. Her parasol extend more from her body than before once it's out (meaning it'll be harder to hit Peach when she's recovering from below or the side). I haven't frame-by-framed it to see if it extends more during the startup animation, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For the big turnips in that picture, she could have gotten a Super Mushroom, picked a turnip...then shrunk again without throwing it. The Turnips remain big when she does that.

Or Randomly she could pick a Giant turnip but have regular turnips as well...Like how in the game Mario Bros 2 there are Giant Turnips that can be picked

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
For the big turnips in that picture, she could have gotten a Super Mushroom, picked a turnip...then shrunk again without throwing it. The Turnips remain big when she does that.

Or Randomly she could pick a Giant turnip but have regular turnips as well...Like how in the game Mario Bros 2 there are Giant Turnips that can be picked
It's slightly bigger, not Giant Mushroom big. So it's obviously either a new random turnip or they're all that big this time around.

Firekid2

Smash Apprentice
Is anyone here going to E for All? According to some impressions, peach has been nerfed...

BrianM

Smash Journeyman

She has the worst final smash yet in my opinion.

she looks really possessed here.

Seriously putting people to sleep just to heal? What if you haven't gotten any damage? USELESS!
Umm, ypu do realize that you can do other things besides run around and eat stuff? You can do whatever the hell you want while they're asleep. Charge a smash attack, initiate chain grabs, throw them off, etc.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
So sad. Peach's FS shouldve started up with that frame with the flowers and then into a senbonzakura ;_;

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I missed this thread. So I'll repost my other post here:
After watching a few videos, I've noticed that Peach has been improved in certain areas.

* Her turnips have gotten bigger (at least if we are to believe one of the pictures on Smash Dojo)
* Her Back-throw has gotten better (at least if we are to believe this picture). Notice how Mario is flying off with his back to Peach. Maybe that's just that start of the animation, but you never know.
* Peach's Side B (Peach Bomber) has gotten better. As can be seen here (at the very start of the movie), Peach's Side B is slightly faster on startup and extremely faster on cooldown (almost no cooldown, as Peach was able to do Nair almost immediately afterwards). She also barely bounces back from it, so maybe it'll be easier to Peach Bomb now (or maybe it'll be altogether impossible?)?
* She's still got her Float (or as Smash Dojo puts it, "Floating Jumps"). We can only hope this means she'll still have Float Cancel.

The Bad News:
* With the increase in freeze frames, her Dsmash will be next to useless now. No one will CC it anymore, or if they do, they'll have the longest reaction time to let go of the CC!
* As can be seen in the above video, her F-tilt is infinitely easier to DI since it's got huge freeze frames on it.
Okay, first.

OMG! Yuna! I missed you posting in the Peach section <3. We gotta come together and make that Peach FAQs for Melee (even though it's almost over). I got like 75% completed.

Okay, second. What do you mean her Dsmash will be next to useless? Can you explain a bit more?

Oh, and I almost forgot:
* Peach's Up + B is better now. Her parasol extend more from her body than before once it's out (meaning it'll be harder to hit Peach when she's recovering from below or the side). I haven't frame-by-framed it to see if it extends more during the startup animation, though.
Yeah, the umbrella is more wider, but the pole that connects to the umbrella is longer now, so she could still be hit by moves like Falco's Dair I think.

TYhat can't happen. It's been proven facts on last week's update that Peach's turnips are indeed bigger.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/images/various07/various07_071012c-l.jpg

Notice the pickup animation.

Did any of these people actually know how to float? I have yet to see a Brawl-video featuring someone who floats.
Pretty much, because they sucked. I gotta ask Gimpyfish about that though. He went to E for All

its ok, nice presentation, what do you think w ould have made a better FS?
If it wasn't all cute-like and more destructive like Peach's raining bombs of terror from Super Mario RPG. I'm not much fond of a FS with her PMS going out of control >>

It seems her FS gots lots of range though. I thought people only get caught if you're on the same floor level as her, but it seems it stretches far, even on platforms.

enemies are screwed on small stages. Instant deep sleep. FTL>>

Elysium

Smash Lord
Case file 8352-73
"The Peach Massacre"
The Princess of Mushroom Kingdom allegedly was told by her long lover (super) Mario to shut her mouth and do the dishes. Hours later Mario was killed in his sleep, allegedly beat to death by golf club. Mario's long time rival Wario, who was staying over at the castle was also beat to death. When questioned about the mysterious deaths of Mario and Wario, Princess Peach stated "I don't do the ****in dishes." Due to lack of evidence, the case got a mis-trial and the Princess walked free.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Case file 8352-73
"The Peach Massacre"
The Princess of Mushroom Kingdom allegedly was told by her long lover (super) Mario to shut her mouth and do the dishes. Hours later Mario was killed in his sleep, allegedly beat to death by golf club. Mario's long time rival Wario, who was staying over at the castle was also beat to death. When questioned about the mysterious deaths of Mario and Wario, Princess Peach stated "I don't do the ****in dishes." Due to lack of evidence, the case got a mis-trial and the Princess walked free.
LAWLs

People, check this site out if you havn't seen it. Gimyfish tells us a report about Brawl and such.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Main point speaking, the status of her Dsmash has been confirmed: it's been nerfed. bad.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Man I love all the one liners on the boards. :laugh:

This is what every man fears while they sleep....

Peach for the bedtime kill!!!!
Hahah, I'm so glad that someone else found that picture as humorous as I did! :laugh: I mean, look where she's swinging...

LAWLs

People, check this site out if you havn't seen it. Gimyfish tells us a report about Brawl and such.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121329

Main point speaking, the status of her Dsmash has been confirmed: it's been nerfed. bad.
:cry:

I feel so cold...so numb...my world is slipping away, through my fingers....

(Hahah, okay, it's not that bad, nor is it unexpected. Shame, though!)

ugg1020

Smash Cadet
Nooo Dsmash Nerfed!!!

I'm very depressed to hear this. It seems like in brawl all of the godly and amazing (cheap)characters and tactics are being balanced. Well at least I hope that her entire character is not nerfed completely.

MeleeMaster1

Smash Rookie
I have seen some videos of Peach and she still looks to be a great character besides her Down Smash having a little less range

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm very depressed to hear this. It seems like in brawl all of the godly and amazing (cheap)characters and tactics are being balanced. Well at least I hope that her entire character is not nerfed completely.
Nah, it's just the Dsmash. Here's the report.

peach
her dsmash sucks
still have turnip variation
can at LEAST pull beam swords
peach can still float at ground level and all that jazz, shes still fairly good but her dsmash sucks a lot
seems like her final smash is ONLY the singing one where everyone falls asleep, it puts delicious peaches all over the stage for her to heal with but you can wake up pretty fast and eat some yourself lol
EDIT: and YAY! we get our own section. Now I don't have to ****ing keep bumping this topic and **** lol

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I was at E For All today and I played as Peach for the majority of my stay there. I had no problems with her! While I did notice the game was a lot slower than Melee, shes still the same loveable princess IMO. I found myself not using the turnips as much as I did in Melee though. Her Side B is deathly now. Great range, huge hitbox and quick to recover with it.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Ooooo, we got some updates that might cheer up you Dsmash whores

PEACH.
alright so peaches dsmash is worse, HOWEVER, peach herself is freaking ****.
Peach's dash attack is changed so it hits twice now, has similar priotity to in melee, but also sets up in a fassion like sheik's ftilt does. its really really good. peach can combo like crazy, one of the best characters i'd say (behind mario and metaknight at least from the level of gameplay we are at now XD)
ALSO, theres a new feature in this game. you can grab items while doing airials. now at first, this might not seem like a big deal. but peach can throw a turnip, do a fair, and grab the turnip MID FAIR to have it ready to be thrown again, oh yeah, did we mention? float canceling is still in.
Peach has combos. oh yeah, peach's forward throw? you know how its really good in melee? well its BETTER in brawl, it kills at lower percent than most moves we saw, its easier to ko with this than with link's up b thats for sure haha
her over b also has a substantial buff, in addition to being able to over b sweetspot with peach, its quick to activate and its not particularly laggy.
Peach can still pull stitch faces and all other variations of turnips, also she can pull mr saturn and the incredibly overpowered new beam swords. (also, neal pulled two stitchfaces in a row, how cool is neal?)

oh also, her up b, when you fast fall it its not nearly as fast, but when you are actually floating you fall even slower, so its sort of a trade off *shrug*
Definitly promising. The fact that she can combo is freaking good ^^

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I'm excited about the new Peach.
But hopefully her DSmash isn't nerfed as much the E4All people are saying.
I mean, it's a demo, things can change right?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm excited about the new Peach.
But hopefully her DSmash isn't nerfed as much the E4All people are saying.
I mean, it's a demo, things can change right?
Yes, but for what? the better, or the worse?

Really, I don't see why people's giving a big huff about the Dsmash. Yes, it's powerful, but it shouldn't be the only thing you should rely on >>

darkshy

Smash Ace
I would say then that her main source of kill would be her arials then. Better yet it would be awesome if they change her downsmash to a more damagin attack w/ less knockback?

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
peach is gonna be a complete boss in this game. nerfed d smash or not. she will be dominating the competition once more. I love her final smash. some people dont like it for whatever reason but it's different and seems to me useful.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't care that her Dsmash is nerfed. I love playing with her and I rarely use it. It seems now that its less knockback and less damage. To me, thats even better. I hate when I Dsmash and they fly away. I'm more of an arial peach, but a nerfed Dsmash sounds good to continue comboing the opponent.

brdy_

Smash Lord
Her Up-B looks like it has more initial vertical distance, so her near-ledge recovery game seems to have somewhat of a substantial improvement (since Bomber can sweetspot).

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
here comes an awesomely stupid (albeit valid?) question for the E for All attendees: Will we be able to still upskirt Peach like in Melee's Pause screen when done right? lol

Elysium

Smash Lord
here comes an awesomely stupid (albeit valid?) question for the E for All attendees: Will we be able to still upskirt Peach like in Melee's Pause screen when done right? lol
.... hmmm I doubt anyone who went to E4All had time/wanted to check that out. You might want to check out 4chan and see if they did, since they are more into that. But since the character models are reworked and all that, i'm sure you still can.... sadly...

Alexandr

Smash Rookie
what the hell is "4chan"? is that a website? forums?
I investigated and it seemes that site is down mayeb for good. so yeah im in the dark here lol, I cant turn to those guys to ask that lol.

Elysium

Smash Lord
4chan *was* a imageboard/forum where people posted all kinds of pictures, where you might have been able to find something like that. I didn't know the site was down though.

Anyway I just heard why Dr. Mario isn't going to be in Brawl. Supposedly Dr. Mario went up to Peach during the development period of Brawl and this is what ensued.

Dr. Mario: "Hey Peach, I have a question for you."
Peach: "ok?"
Dr. Mario: "Do you have any clone in you?"
Peach: "No...."
Dr. Mario: "Would you like to?"
Peach: *Beats Dr. Mario to death with a frying pan*

Who woulda thunk that Peach would be responsible for Dr. Mario not making the cut in Brawl? lol and yes I ripped that off of Austin Powers.

Top Bottom