• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Elysium

Smash Lord
Got something that's on my mind.

Now, is everyone happy with the changes of Peach? Is there something that should've been improved or added with Peach?
So you've got Peach on your....... ummm mind?

Yeah i'm happy with it. Won't know for sure until I play though. Oh and i'm glad someone else is helping keep the thread alive since I haven't been on much.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
For unrelated reasons, I got one of the best Peach related convos ever

RockinTH: when did this relationship started?
RockinTH: with Bowser and Peach?
Gimpyfish62: it was before the first game he kidnapped her at
Gimpyfish62: it was a secret for a while
Gimpyfish62: before that
Gimpyfish62: then miyamoto just threw it into the public
Gimpyfish62: how rude
Gimpyfish62: scandal in the castle
RockinTH: lol
RockinTH: and as a result, they put Mario into play as they transfer him from the Jump Man game?
Gimpyfish62: well mario and peach have almost always been an icon
Gimpyfish62: they still are to this day
Gimpyfish62: one of the most *cough*sucessful relationships in gaming
RockinTH: sooo true lol
Gimpyfish62: but it's pretty obvious wahts going on
RockinTH: so why is Peach still hanging with Bowser then?
Gimpyfish62: well, peach and bowser are actually MARRIED now
Gimpyfish62: they never got divorced
Gimpyfish62: it was an assumed end and it was assumed to be a fake marriage
Gimpyfish62: i bet bowser and peach set up that whole thing with count bleck (they didn't know it would bring upon the end of the world though)
Gimpyfish62: then - as usual
Gimpyfish62: mario comes to "save" peach
Gimpyfish62: and after he saves her he doesn't even think twice
Gimpyfish62: bowser through the game makes references to them being married, i think it makes peach uncomfortable in front of mario
Gimpyfish62: because she always sides with him
Gimpyfish62: i mean the public eye is on them
RockinTH: I havn't played the game, but there was reference of them getting married
Gimpyfish62: oh they definitely were married
RockinTH: still sweet though lol

Gimpyfish makes the best convos XD

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
hahahaha where do you think bowser jr came from? lol
about the FS, it doesn't do damage right...some earlier said it clocked in 40% damage...
it just puts you to sleep doesn't it? you hafta go do the hurting?

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
about the FS, it doesn't do damage right...some earlier said it clocked in 40% damage...
lol xd
no it does no damage at all. only puts the ones around you to sleep. and the closer they are the longer they sleep :DD

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Far from a loser, and besides he started the one with gimpy, but I normally start one and then I get corrected. Rockin is very knowledgeable in the subject, but no one compares to the wisdom of "The Gimpy". :laugh:
Rockin is far from a......

I cant believe what I am reading here.........................

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
lol, How come we always come up with interesting side stories for Peach? have you noticed that?
It's mostly because we're either bored or are just very curious. Not to mention we wanna give reasons as to what happen with Peach (like, how the heck she went from red head in the First two super mario games (and tv shows) and then suddenly become a blond games after?). But it's mostly boredum lol

Well, it does damage, but not as much. the effect stretches from one end of the stage to the other, and anyone on the ground or platforms will be damaged and gone to sleep. After damaging them, you get several to lots of Peachs, where you could either recover from them, or kill your opponents first, THEN recover.

Rockin is far from a......

I cant believe what I am reading here.........................
Oh shush you. I can be knolegable sometimes. I'm not a complete idiot or else I wouldn't know how to turn on the gamecube.

Elysium, don't worry about Dark Pch. He's a friend of mine and we actually live in the same state. Where I'm from...I guess you can say I'm sorta the 'village idiot' because I fall into mindgames easily or I just 'act' dumb at times. But yeah, this is all play around.

so yeah, just think of it like...Cort and Xif friendship XD

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
oh really? i haven't watched that many new brawl vids, and i rarely ever see peach getting a smash ball...
so wow, it actually puts damage on first, that's helpful
and your knowledge of peach and other randomness astounds me

Elysium

Smash Lord
It's mostly because we're either bored or are just very curious. Not to mention we wanna give reasons as to what happen with Peach (like, how the heck she went from red head in the First two super mario games (and tv shows) and then suddenly become a blond games after?). But it's mostly boredum lol
Yeah, whats the theory on that one?
And I kinda guessed you guys knew each other... it's my psychic turnip powers. :laugh:

Kiseki

Smash Cadet
I read somewheren that Peach's new 'Peach Bomber' attack will be cosmetically enhanced. I've seen the videos of when it was used, the explosion now results in hearts, but it also said that if the attack connects, it will freeze the opponent.

I haven't seen that that yet, maybe it'll only freeze if the opponents are at high percentages.

Can anyone help me confirm this????

~Concerned Peach player. lolz.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I read somewheren that Peach's new 'Peach Bomber' attack will be cosmetically enhanced. I've seen the videos of when it was used, the explosion now results in hearts, but it also said that if the attack connects, it will freeze the opponent.

I haven't seen that that yet, maybe it'll only freeze if the opponents are at high percentages.

Can anyone help me confirm this????

~Concerned Peach player. lolz.
No, it doesn't freeze them. At all

Peach's Peach Bomb has improved a lot. It has everything it lacked. It activates fast, goes far, and has little lag. As far as power, I think it's the same.

Yeah, Peach Bomber is now a spike.
You got a vid of this? I highly doubt it's a spike. >>

Yeah, whats the theory on that one?
And I kinda guessed you guys knew each other... it's my psychic turnip powers. :laugh:
Well apparantly, it wasn't much of the style in the mid 1990's. They decided to make her a blond because it gave her the 'bimbo' look. Mostly, it was because she looked better in it.

And it's the classic 'damsel in distress' thing

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Sure Rockin. Make me wonder things about you now........

And this is the reason why I use the color Of Peach like the one in my sig. Its the Best. And she is no longer a blonde. She officially became hispanic. And since I'm his hispanic and her skin Color got Dark Hence my name Dark.Pch (Peach) it goes perfect with me. Too good.

ANBUmax

Smash Cadet
Ima pretty noobish peach player so could someone tell me if her turnips kan damage more then the normal ones? not the stichfach of course. but sometimes it seems as if they KO easier then others.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer

And this is the reason why I use the color Of Peach like the one in my sig. Its the Best. And she is no longer a blonde. She officially became hispanic. And since I'm his hispanic and her skin Color got Dark Hence my name Dark.Pch (Peach) it goes perfect with me. Too good.
You and I both know that she's a immigrant. Nuff said :p

Ima pretty noobish peach player so could someone tell me if her turnips kan damage more then the normal ones? not the stichfach of course. but sometimes it seems as if they KO easier then others.
Hard to tell, really. Gotta ask Neadlt or something, because only he will know. What we do know is that they're bigger then the ones in Melee, so it'll be easier to hit them with.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info02.html

When peach hits Pit with the bomber he's does not fly up, but flies to the side and downward. It's kind of like a spike of some sort.
Remember, spikes are something that points you down, not to the side. Also, you can't cancel or recover from a spike unless you hit a wall and tech it. I don't think it's a meteor either, but in any case, there were some changes to it. Maybe instead of letting them fly up, they get pushed forward to the side, like real physics.

he's right, thought that could have been PC Chris or Umbreon Mow-type WT(edited) style of DI. It might actually serve as...kind of a spike. That "Ha-cha!!" was a little weird, though.
It's a new voice actress. I asked Kirby Kid (the guy that does most of the logic on the blog) and he said it could be Peach's japanese voice actress (since they are doing the japanese game first)

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Remember, spikes are something that points you down, not to the side. Also, you can't cancel or recover from a spike unless you hit a wall and tech it. I don't think it's a meteor either, but in any case, there were some changes to it. Maybe instead of letting them fly up, they get pushed forward to the side, like real physics.
What your explaining is a Meteor Smash. You know Fox's Shine Spike It doesn't point you down but diagonal and pushes you from the stage while stunning you. Sheik F-air knocks you away from the board and pushes you downward making it difficult to return. Also Links hurricane spin, off the edge if your hit by it (Anyone) You'll be sent flying diagonal off the edge with no hope of return. We call these moves spikes because they're not exactly meteors, but a different kind.

We some times call meteors spikes, but that's just force of habit, and because were use to it..

But none the less the new Peach bomber is a spike of some sort.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
What your explaining is a Meteor Smash. You know Fox's Shine Spike It doesn't point you down but diagonal and pushes you from the stage while stunning you. Sheik F-air knocks you away from the board and pushes you downward making it difficult to return. Also Links hurricane spin, off the edge if your hit by it (Anyone) You'll be sent flying diagonal off the edge with no hope of return. We call these moves spikes because they're not exactly meteors, but a different kind.

We some times call meteors spikes, but that's just force of habit, and because were use to it..

But none the less the new Peach bomber is a spike of some sort.
Right Right, how noobish of me :p

But yeah, it's just I like Melee's effect somewhat better because it shot them up and I would get them with a aerial move after, but that's just me. lol

But if it's some sort of spike, then coolies. I just hope she doesn't get anymore broken then that lol

chef-hado

Smash Cadet
if the side b really ejects the player that much, peach got super buffed in this game...guess that's a good thing for all of us here XD
i donno much about anything, but i personally believe it's still more to do w/ di, maybe the physics make the character go outward after the hit, but i think you can probably di up

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Has anyone...

Noticed that Peach has so far gotten the least change move wise?

I mean...Mario has gotten F.L.U.U.D. ...Link has gotten an improved boomberange...I'm pretty sure Pikachu and Kirby is getting new moves.

Why not Peach? =/

Drake3

Smash Ace
Only Mario got a new move. The rest got alterations to their original moves. The biggest one for Peach I think, is her *** explosion.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Only Mario got a new move. The rest got alterations to their original moves. The biggest one for Peach I think, is her *** explosion.
yeah, but compared to it it's minor. Like changing a flash light from yellow to red. I just want some kind of obvious alteration from Peach.

I guess we can count the bigger turnips as a alter :p

Elysium

Smash Lord
Noticed that Peach has so far gotten the least change move wise?

I mean...Mario has gotten F.L.U.U.D. ...Link has gotten an improved boomberange...I'm pretty sure Pikachu and Kirby is getting new moves.

Why not Peach? =/
A lot of the characters got minor improvements move wise. Link got a slightly new feature to her Boomerang, and a speed buff. Peach got an improved Forward-B and enlarged turnips (and the ability to catch mid-move). Yoshi..... well.... poor Yoshi. :laugh:

Elysium

Smash Lord
Too bad she lost. But she was up against Ridley (aka The Rapist) and all those questionable snake fans *limp wrist*, so she really didn't have much of a chance. It's all good though, just wait till brawl comes out.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
An announcement about the update

I'm pretty sure all of ya saw, but there was a update about the Smart Bomb (which I first thought was a upgraded Bom-omb) and training mode, but I wanna talk about bombs in general

It seems that the bombs are sometimes duds, and I mean all bombs in general. The Bom-omb is a bomb...

Peach can pull out these things from 1 out of 300. Now we're gonna have to worry about the chances of it being pulled out AND it being a dud or not. >>

Yeah, this is a ***** for Peach players for the 'that was close' win, but at least the Beam sword is still sexy. ^^;;

What do ya think of this news?

EDIT: I've recently been corrected by Kirby Kid. He said the Smart Bombs and certain pokemons will have duds.

That still doesn't excuse the Bom-ombs for being duds...as they are 'bombs' >>

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
if the side b really ejects the player that much, peach got super buffed in this game...guess that's a good thing for all of us here XD
i donno much about anything, but i personally believe it's still more to do w/ di, maybe the physics make the character go outward after the hit, but i think you can probably di up
The side b seems like a very reliable recovery now. If you look at the pink peach at 50 secs you can see she covers alot of horizontal distance (she would've covered more if she pressed it a little faster). http://youtube.com/watch?v=z_XYgqvsovc

Top Bottom