• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Princess Peach in Brawl

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
Man, just reading the few first pages of this thread makes me want to get Super Princess Peach. Too bad I only have money for one DS game, and I want Phantom Hourglass too.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Man, just reading the few first pages of this thread makes me want to get Super Princess Peach. Too bad I only have money for one DS game, and I want Phantom Hourglass too.
Best get Phantom Hour Glass. You're not missing too much from the game :p

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
i am soo excited for Peach to come back! I love her and she looks so much better in this game. I want to see her FS!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I hope they increase the chances of pulling Stitch face turnips =]
I actually like how it is. It gives more surprise to your opponents. I want them to add different effects to the turnips. Or maybe pull out more items like a 'POW' item or something lol

Hey guys, if you like Peach recolors, check this out. You might want it as your sig :p

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=118607

LieutenantSerg

Smash Lord
I actually like how it is. It gives more surprise to your opponents. I want them to add different effects to the turnips. Or maybe pull out more items like a 'POW' item or something lol

Hey guys, if you like Peach recolors, check this out. You might want it as your sig :p

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=118607
Hmm different effects would be cool also maybe should could pull out a different item, like replacing the bomb-omb with something else.

Peach Recolors FTW!! good find.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614

I'm so keeping white Peach as my main.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
In order for her to be "Wife Peach" she would need to gain some weight and instead of throwing turnips, she would throw dishes.... or something like that. :laugh:
But she has the frying pan! A Symbolysm of a wife. Also, throwing turnips is lighter then dishes, so more spamming power. And Brawl's turnips are bigger, so Mario's gonna wish she threw dishes :p

Also have two black eyes, symbolising she's been told twice and should shut up!

I'm kidding of course.
Bleh, you gotta be kidding. Peach is very tough. I doubt Mario wants to physically hurt her. Remeber, women gets revenge like no body's business.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Also have two black eyes, symbolising she's been told twice and should shut up!

I'm kidding of course.
Bleh, you gotta be kidding. Peach is very tough. I doubt Mario wants to physically hurt her. Remeber, women gets revenge like no body's business.
See, we failed to mention that Mario was laying on the ground broken and bleeding due to the assault of the frying pan after she got the two black eyes. :laugh:

Elysium

Smash Lord
I apologize for the double post but this is big news. From the looks of the conference vid on the Dojo it seems that the peach bomber (forward b) has returned. It's in the first couple seconds of the vid if you want visual comfirmation....

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Seems that the Peach Bomber has a whole new visual effect, what with that giant heart that shows up there.

And I have no idea what Peach and Bowser were doing. It looked like Bowser was on a edge, but he wasn't...so strange.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed from what I saw:
New Side-B mechanics (its the same, but new effect and hits opponents horizontally. Yay!) Also, does it seem faster to you?
Ftilt
Where is the Fsmash confirmed?

Did anyone see what I only hope to be MK's Fsmash (hopefully not his dash attack)? Its long and powerful around 20%!
It seems he is a damage charatcer, I don't see many pics of him killing, he just racks up tons of damage on people. He may potentially have a lot of lag it his moves miss. At least his Fsmash for certain...(seriously scary smash!) O.o;

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't let me edit my post sooo....

Her singing thing in the clip could be her FS (she wasn't glowing), but it seems like the video was just showing off taunts. Bowser's taunt is weird...Ike's was awesome though.
I like this one better than her melee was too. Maybe her taunt is joy, and affects those close to her? XP

Sorta like a luigi's taunt affecting people

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
It seems so, but I like the new graphics anyway. I'm hoping the more will be more useable now.
I'd like to imagine a MK &PEach team:
MK does damage and gets them off the stage, Peach floats off and wastes them! Oh! And if Peach can actually use the Side-B now, and it hits horizontally, then woo!, she will be so complete! I hope her Side-B gets more priority now though...=/
I don't really care about the Dsmash, I don't use it too much in case it is nerfed.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, first....something important

SONIC IS IN BRAWL! SONIC IS IN BRAWL!

I'm sorry, no offense to any Peach players, but if there wasn't an update of Peach's moves today, I wouldn't -care- because SONIC IS IN BRAAAAAAWL!! ^_^

And Super Sonic is gonna raaaaaaape! <3

Now...back to business

-----

Okay, yes, the Peach Bomber is there. And yes, it's different, but in a good and positive way. It's faster and has less lag then before, and you go -farther-. That's enough to make me happy. Now, the effect of it is different. There's no explosion. >> I believe this is a good thing, since this is for everyone, especially the kids. I'm pretty sure Nintendo had some complaints about the issue, how it's offensive to women and maybe how their kids asked them "Why did Peach's butt blew up?" and such. This is a major improvement. The name might be changed to 'Peach Power' or something.

As related to the 'Joy' one, that could be her Joy, but I doubt it. The Joy mode was when Peach could fly in a 'tornado' of sorts by spinning around. But, they could've changed it in some way or a pokemon of the sort made them sing and act funny. It can't be a Final Smash (I really hope not. Usually Peach's specials are cute or somewhat useless, except in Mario RPG for the SNES).

Also, did anyone noticed her voice sounded different? Almost...Daisy-ish? O.o

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Peach has gotten a new voice actress since Melee, so that would explain the new voice.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Her Joy vibe might also be there, too, unless she and Bowser were affected by something in the ending.
Good call! That makes a lot of sense, actually.

Seems that the Peach Bomber has a whole new visual effect, what with that giant heart that shows up there.

And I have no idea what Peach and Bowser were doing. It looked like Bowser was on a edge, but he wasn't...so strange.
Yeah, a flurry of hearts not unlike those in Mario Power Tennis and Mario Superstar Baseball.

Confirmed from what I saw:
New Side-B mechanics (its the same, but new effect and hits opponents horizontally. Yay!) Also, does it seem faster to you?
Ftilt
Where is the Fsmash confirmed?
FSmash:

No explosion from the Peach Bomber anymore? Did Peach lost her explosives?
It's an explosion--of hearts! :love:

Okay, yes, the Peach Bomber is there. And yes, it's different, but in a good and positive way. It's faster and has less lag then before, and you go -farther-. That's enough to make me happy. Now, the effect of it is different. There's no explosion. >> I believe this is a good thing, since this is for everyone, especially the kids. I'm pretty sure Nintendo had some complaints about the issue, how it's offensive to women and maybe how their kids asked them "Why did Peach's butt blew up?" and such. This is a major improvement. The name might be changed to 'Peach Power' or something.

As related to the 'Joy' one, that could be her Joy, but I doubt it. The Joy mode was when Peach could fly in a 'tornado' of sorts by spinning around. But, they could've changed it in some way or a pokemon of the sort made them sing and act funny. It can't be a Final Smash (I really hope not. Usually Peach's specials are cute or somewhat useless, except in Mario RPG for the SNES).
I agree: the changes are for the better. It's faster AND (more importantly) it travels further. Even better is that the knockback is at a low horizontal angle, much better for KOs than the original! Maybe the Peach Bomber will be usable this time around.

Even the possibility of that being her FS makes me excited. I just want some information! It wouldn't quite fit the intent and ability in SPP, but it would be fun to see nonetheless. I'd like to see Rage and Sadness , too.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Did anyone see what I only hope to be MK's Fsmash (hopefully not his dash attack)? Its long and powerful around 20%!
It seems he is a damage charatcer, I don't see many pics of him killing, he just racks up tons of damage on people. He may potentially have a lot of lag it his moves miss. At least his Fsmash for certain...(seriously scary smash!) O.o;
I think MK has anything but lag. The guy does jabs faster then -any- of the other jabs (like Fox, Link, Capt. Falcon, etc)

Also, I checked it and it seems that it's his ftilt B, which seriously kicks major *** XD.

Peach has gotten a new voice actress since Melee, so that would explain the new voice.
Yeah, I did research on that. So far, the new Voice actress, Nicole Mill came up in 2005. Though she only voiced in Mario Strikers and Mario and Luigi: Partners in time. Still, it sounds a bit -different-

Aeris - I actually liked the Peach Bomb in Melee. There was more surprise to it since people rarely used it. :p

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Also of note: Peach Bomber did 16% to Pit. How does that compare? I don't have any frame of reference at the moment.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I think MK has anything but lag. The guy does jabs faster then -any- of the other jabs (like Fox, Link, Capt. Falcon, etc)

Also, I checked it and it seems that it's his ftilt B, which seriously kicks major *** XD.

Yeah, I did research on that. So far, the new Voice actress, Nicole Mill came up in 2005. Though she only voiced in Mario Strikers and Mario and Luigi: Partners in time. Still, it sounds a bit -different-

Aeris - I actually liked the Peach Bomb in Melee. There was more surprise to it since people rarely used it. :p

I mean that MK will go through his attacks, and if he misses, he will have punishable time while he is performing them for a character to atack.
If his Side-B misses, and it does that chain of attacks, then he will be punished for missing the character.
I didn't mean actual lag. I meant longer attacks that, if missed, can have negative consequences.

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
Also of note: Peach Bomber did 16% to Pit. How does that compare? I don't have any frame of reference at the moment.
It is still 16%, Pit went from 61% to 77% in the video.
I'm loving this move right now! We can punish those gliders, or the post-lag of Up-B for characters!
>=D !

burningduck

Smash Rookie
sooo over all the craziness of her bomber being less laggy has anyone mentioned the fact that we still have the nair. thats what made her fun again. i mean downsmash is probbaly still gonna be in there and broken cuz nintendo has to make her fun and broken SHES PEACH. but in the newest video she does the bomber and on the way down she throws out a nair. THANK GOD

pyrimadines

Smash Apprentice
I didn't see the nair, but I'm ecstatic about it! Yes! I love that move, bair and fair. Those moves make up my consecutive hits. I too don't have combos! XD
Hoping for continuation of float-canceling though *crosses fingers*

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
sooo over all the craziness of her bomber being less laggy has anyone mentioned the fact that we still have the nair. thats what made her fun again. i mean downsmash is probbaly still gonna be in there and broken cuz nintendo has to make her fun and broken SHES PEACH. but in the newest video she does the bomber and on the way down she throws out a nair. THANK GOD
Well, we've already seen the NAir in one of the WarioWare screenshots. But I'm not so sure...isn't she performing a standard airdodge on the way down? :confused:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Yay, Peach Bomber looks good ^_^ Her voice actress is definitely Nicole Mills... Too bad, Leslie Swan (Super Mario 64, Mario Kart 64, Super Paper Mario) would have been much better. Anyway, today's been an AWESOME day for Nintendo fans.

The dancing... Here are my theories:
1. Its her new down b move! Makes people dance and look stupid. I had an idea of that when i came up a moveset for mime jr.
2. a pokemon forced them to do it. but hopefully not cause then it might be mime jr. and he should totally be a playable character.
3. Mime Jr. was above them and using teeter dance... (I wish! D: )
4. That's bowser's new b down move (rofl)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I think in Melee it did about 20% or over. Not sure, but I think I remember doing more power. 16% isn't really bad though.

I'm sorry to say, but in Brawl, Peach is gonna lose the title as 'broken character' even if the Dsmash comes back in full force. If anyone's interested why, let me know.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I apologize for the double post but this is big news. From the looks of the conference vid on the Dojo it seems that the peach bomber (forward b) has returned. It's in the first couple seconds of the vid if you want visual comfirmation....
_____Well, you beat me to it :(. I thought I was one of the only ones to notice that! Peach has already been confirmed, and she is not as popular as some. AND it was on the release video of sonic, geez I thought no one else would look at her.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I think in Melee it did about 20% or over. Not sure, but I think I remember doing more power. 16% isn't really bad though.

I'm sorry to say, but in Brawl, Peach is gonna lose the title as 'broken character' even if the Dsmash comes back in full force. If anyone's interested why, let me know.

Lets see, If I double post with a quote, it should merge my posts? That happened last time =\

So, I am interested, and I am sure others are, so don't pm me, tell me right here on the forums...

you wanted that response didn't you >.>

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alrightz! Time to explain!

Okay, me and my friend, Samochan was talking about the characters, mostly sonic. If you at the Sonic vid where he grabs DK, look at the distance of it. Sure, it's not really a sign of brokeness, but I thought it'd be good to mention.

Also, Sonic seems like he could punish rolls, as shown when Mario tried to roll towards Sonic. That's gonna be a bit of a nuitsence (sp?).

The sonic Spin looks like it can ride the floor and ceiling. Pretty cool. It could save him if he falls to the ground.

Now, what happens if his spin attack is chargable and he does it on the edge? In past sonic games, when he charges up and a enemy comes close, I'm pretty sure enemies get killed. Someone say 'Broken Edgehog?' :p

Sonic could be the new Captain Falcon and he seems just as fast as Fox.

Zero Suit Samus seems like she can jump high, yet isn't a fast faller. She's pretty fast on the ground. Also, if her blaster could stun people on the ground, can they be stunned in the air too? Her moves look like she gots a lot of priority. The whip looks strong and both her side and Up B can be used as tether recovery.

She's pretty has a really good balance of a fighter. Definitly the new Shiek.

One way or the other, one of those two characters are gonna steal her title =/

Top Bottom