• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

User33

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that the Black Knight will be an Ike clone. Especially the Aether move, there is no way that the BK would get that move.

Wreked

Smash Lord
A clone doesn't have to be an exact copy of every move that player has user33.

I would have never guessed that ganondorf could do some of falcon's moves, look what happened.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
1. Majora's Mask Link>Wind Waker Link
I loved Wind Waker, but calling that Link "Young Link" doesn't make any sense. Why would Link be incredibly realistic while Young Link is incredibly cartoony? I'm sure some first-time players would go, WTF?
2. Bowser Jr. has a paintbrush. Does Bowser have a paintbrush? I DON'T THINK SO!
3. Gardevoir rocks, and so would Magikarp: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116693

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
By the way, Wiseguy, do you still think that there will be 5 third-party reps? That seems unreasonable to me. I don't think Nintendo wants that large a chunk of the playable roster to be non-Nintendo.
Agreed. Ever read this?:
#31-40: Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters. Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before. And to literally translate the last sentence (keep in mind this is in reference to the characters from other companies): "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"

Sakurai said it as a question, so it could still change. But now we at least have a ballpark of how many non-Nintendo chars will be added.
Link: translation of Sakurai's comments and responses to fans on the pre-updated Japanese Smash Bros site

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Because it's the only Pokemon that got a mention on Sakurai's poll. Sure, this was before the 4th gen, but still...
Gardevoir would be cool. But now that there is Gallade, her chances have weakened. Lucario or Darkrai seem to have better chances of making it in.

My dream would be to see Gengar in it though. :094:

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I really don't understand why everyone wants Bowser Jr. in. He is LAME. He should not be in Brawl, the series has enough reps, give his spot to a Fire Emblem character. OR Slippy Toad.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Correction: IT'S OVER 9000!!!

But down to Pokemon. Here's What I think:

TORTERRA: Like Venasaur, but without the booty shaking

SHINX: Shines her shiny coat, dazing the player

RAMPARDOS: Charges across the stage, dissappearing at the end

DITTO: This was planned for Melee, but never happened. Makes a copy of your character and for a short time fights alongside you using only A attacks, and no smashes.

VESPIQUEN: Works like Beedril in SSB64

ELECTRIVIRE: Is Surrounded in a shine-esque bubble of electricity while flailing it's wire-like appendages

That's all I got, besides that Mirror one that could reflect attacks/projectiles.

'Nuff said

Oh and yeah, Bowser Jr. may be overkill for the Mario series, but remember, Nintendo is in love with that fat itallian. They are going to but in at least one new Mario character just to say, thanks for all the good times, old friend. And if they are going to put in a new Mario char, let it be Bowser Jr.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any Pokemon list that doesn't have Porygon-Z isn't following logic and = auto fail

Bajef8

Smash Ace
wiseguy needs to fix the ice climbers spot on the list. it bothers me that they aren't on confirmed yet since i called them being in.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Psycho, you're crazy.
For Pokeball ideas, I suggest looking through the movesets of certain Pokemon here.
Another cool idea for a PokeBall:
Vespiquen-Attack Command-Sends out a swarm of Combee, which fly around on the stage for a while, damaging any who touch them.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Pokéball Pokémon: Blastoise :009:

Move: OWNED!!!! Whoever summons him out of a Pokéball has the screen covered in OWNED!, and for 15 seconds Blastoise pwns everyone, using Hydro Cannon, Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Mega Kick, Mega Punch, Rapid Spin, and many other f***ing awsome moves. Blastoise's Pokéball appearance might make Pokéballs tourney legal, because he rocks, and everyone fears what he'll do if Pokéballs aren't used when playing Brawl. He simply OWNS!!! them! :laugh:

^ Best Pokéball Pokémon idea ever! :laugh: Blastoise FTW=glad Squirtle is playable! :009:

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Because it's the only Pokemon that got a mention on Sakurai's poll. Sure, this was before the 4th gen, but still...
There's also the whole Jigglypuff factor: a completely generic pokémon appeared in the game because it was brutally popular in Japan - pretty much the reason Wisey added Munchlax to his list at first too.

But mostly, it's just wishful thinking. I do realize Garde is going to be nothing more than a pokéball, but hey, we all are allowed to have at least one ilogical character choice, no? :laugh:

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
There's also the whole Jigglypuff factor: a completely generic pokémon appeared in the game because it was brutally popular in Japan - pretty much the reason Wisey added Munchlax to his list at first too.

But mostly, it's just wishful thinking. I do realize Garde is going to be nothing more than a pokéball, but hey, we all are allowed to have at least one ilogical character choice, no? :laugh:
Some people abuse the privilage though...

My only wish for a Pokemon character is (and forever will remain) Hitmonlee! Dude got skills!

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Some people abuse the privilage though...

My only wish for a Pokemon character is (and forever will remain) Hitmonlee! Dude got skills!
And this coming from a guy with a "Mr L for Brawl" button? :p Talk about absolute improbability...

Nah, joking. You're right, of course. When people start suggesting Magikarp, we might have gone just a tad too far :laugh:.

Anyway, given Wisey's pokephobia, I'm thinking he's going to snap when he sees these last pages of his thread almost being a monographic on pokémon chars. Of course, that is not going to make me change ways. Or at least, not without benefits for me. Wiseguy, put Mewtwo back in that roster and we'll leave you alone! :evil:

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Na na na na na na na na na na na na Bumpman!!!

But catchy theme aside, Today's update, the Golden Hammer makes me think that Sakurai's holding back the good stuff after the three characters with another 'meh' week. I mean, c'mon, the GOLDEN hammer? Oh, Sakurai, that's so Animal Crossing. Or maybe Goldeneye. Just generally gold stuff is in EVERY video game to signify that it's a really special and powerful item. Whatever. Chalk up another item (and returning item!)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
When i first saw golden hammer i thought it meant the Golden axe game and i was jut thinking "WTF!? Of all the character Sega would pu-... o wait" XD

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Na na na na na na na na na na na na Bumpman!!!

But catchy theme aside, Today's update, the Golden Hammer makes me think that Sakurai's holding back the good stuff after the three characters with another 'meh' week. I mean, c'mon, the GOLDEN hammer? Oh, Sakurai, that's so Animal Crossing. Or maybe Goldeneye. Just generally gold stuff is in EVERY video game to signify that it's a really special and powerful item. Whatever. Chalk up another item (and returning item!)
Actually, the Golden Hammer is, apparently, from a relatively unknown Mario game called Wrecking Crew for the NES. I did not know about this till today! Sakurai is truly reaching into the retro with this game...

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=117083
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Fznmp6wFFhQ

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Huh, so, been away for a week. Some interesting updates. It appears that my only reason for excluding the Ice Climbers, the mechanics of the Footstool Jump, is not an issue, and they're back in. Cool. Though it does mean making some adjustments to my list.

Golden Hammer's pretty cool as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Huh, so, been away for a week. Some interesting updates. It appears that my only reason for excluding the Ice Climbers, the mechanics of the Footstool Jump, is not an issue, and they're back in. Cool. Though it does mean making some adjustments to my list.

Golden Hammer's pretty cool as well.
Why would the footstool jump prevent them?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I was just not sure if the second one would be able to jump as high as the first, due to the characte3r being stepped on in midair having fallen somewhat further by the time of the second character, or having moved in a direction left or right enough that the second character misses.

vinternet

Smash Cadet
I was just not sure if the second one would be able to jump as high as the first, due to the characte3r being stepped on in midair having fallen somewhat further by the time of the second character, or having moved in a direction left or right enough that the second character misses.
That's answerable in two ways (and neither is proven/disproven by the screenshot we saw).

1. Nana misses the head of the victim, and falls along with them, but hey, at least you managed to recover with Popo (and maybe you pulled off an Up + B before Nana died).

or

2. Nana does an automatic midair jump right after you footstool jump, just as a means of compensating for the problem you stated.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I've actually wanted Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan as PC's. ^ ^;; Though returning as pokeballs is fine too.
I would love Hitmonlee or Hitmonchan to be playable characters. I just don't think they have a chance of being PCs. Then again, you can never be sure with Sakurai, and Hitmonchan would be a perfect fit for this game...

@jimmysilverrims: So much for a 'meh' week. Wi-fi FTW!

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I think that's a little harsh, Numa Dude. Wiseguy was just concerned, like many others, that Brawl wasn't going to have online capabilities, and he was just trying to get people's attention. Of course, the thread has now served its purpose, but it wasn't stupid.

I agree though, Wiseguy needs to come back with his revised character list. It's going to be interesting to see what changes he made...

Arteen

Smash Lord
Random thought. Does anyone think that the character/percentage icons in-game seem to be rather large and opaque? It seems unnecessary to have both the large character icon and the transparent "world" icon side-by-side. I don't see why they have the opaque character icon there. It seems like a waste of space. Also, it looks like the background color is based on player number in FFA (e.g. red behind Mario for player 1, blue behind Yoshi for player 2, etc.). How would this work for team colors? In a game with four Ikes, it's not immediately obvious which % is which. All of the opaque icons would look nearly the same because I don't expect Ike's hair to change with his costume. Yes, the background color, "world" icon, and "name triangle" would be color-coded, but what catches the eye first is the character icon, which would look nearly the same for all players.

They probably have it all worked out, but right now it bothers me. (Just get rid of the character icon!) It makes that huge lower chunk of the screen useless.

EDIT: There seems to be a thread for some of this discussion already.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
He knows that...

He hasn't updated it since BEFORE the Ice Climber update.

And this coming from a guy with a "Mr L for Brawl" button? :p Talk about absolute improbability...
I never said I wasn't one of the ones who abusive the privilage, did I? Because if I did, then I lied...

Between Hitmonlee, Mr. L, and Nephenee I can't choose which one has the best chance to make it without actually making it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, he can probably edit out the characters he doesn't want to show and put them right in there. Otherwise that could be our final roster, which we know can't be correct. Also there are icons missing there that we know about. =/

Top Bottom