• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Not putting yourself in danger is basically the same as not fighting at all, so stop gloating.
Man, this is unusually harsh for me -so I apologize- but it's true.

Had you posted the original without changes maybe I'd be more impressed.

After all, you didn't list characters you didn't think would be in, which makes you easier to prove wrong way faster, and you simply added Ike and Pokemon Trainer when they were revealed, somehow not counting this as being disproven?
Jeez, I'm just messing with Wiseguy. I'm not trying to come off as an *******. I also didn't know that this list was so simliar to yours (not that it matters?). :\
Here's my original list, with more detail than provided.

Besides, I color-coded it to show what my original list used to be. Everything white, blue, and orange was on my original list. Everything green and yellow is new.

I added Krystal because of a discussion following my original post, where I admitted that she has a better chance than I thought.

I can't make predictions for specific FE characters since I don't know the series, so all that I expected is some character to take up Marth's movesset, and another FE character. I recently decided that FE will have 3 reps, not 2.

I also became more lax on whether Ness or Lucas will make it in, although I still think Mother will get only 1 rep. I also became more lax on Pokemon after not predicting PT.

I did get more specific for StarFox, believing Falco will make it in, but not Wolf. Same as believing Isaac will make it in instead of Felix.

The other 14 character groups are still specific and did not change. Essentially, if a character pops up on one of those lists that I didn't predict, I will be most certainly wrong in that aspect. Happy?

Hey, it's not like Wiseguy (or others) hasn't changed his list repeatedly too. I think you guys are taking this too seriously. It's just for fun, and some of us are messing with Wiseguy for not predicting ICs. I'm certain that Wiseguy is going to poke fun at all the Sheik supporters when he/she/it/mashedpotatoes appears as an AT or otherwise instead of as Zelda's down-B. I think that a few people here are going to be forced to use a few atrocious signatures depending on if Sheik is in or not, as a bet on the issue.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, go easy on Wiseguy.
I'll be the first to admit that I've been patiently waiting for Sakurai to set him straight on one or two points for a while now, but being mean like this can take all the fun out of gloating.

Besides, his reasoning wasn't completely backwards. Wiseguy accused the Ice Climbers of being obscure and unimportant characters, and the truth is that they are. I'd never even heard of the Ice Climbers before Brawl, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that regard. His only fault was in assuming that this was enough to kick them out of Brawl once they'd already gotten into Melee, and that's not any kind of massive fault in logic, now is it?

And he's still got plenty of predictions that can come through. Bowser Jr., Olimar, Ridley, Dedede, Ray, Simon Belmont... Lets wait for more than just one slip up before we start chucking rocks, hmm?

Personaly, I plan to start getting mean once Marth and Sheik are confirmed and Black Knight finds himself as an AT. But that's just me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
....that would be awesome. Who doesn't want to see a disco-dancing dragon?
THE YMCA EVERYBODY-DOESN'T-WANT-TO-SEE-A-DISCO-DANCING-DRAGON-AT-THE YMCA...

Enough of my shenanigans (Note: Lol) lets all hope for Captain falcon next week...

One second... if wind waker is in do you think he would be a newcomer... or be counted as a overhauled young link?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
lol ^ Jonhknight1
Thank you!
Banjo&K and Bub&Bob for 3rd Party WOOT WOOT! jk lol
seriously though, I don't think there was a soul that prdicted IVYSAUR??!?!?! the official wtf character to date?

I'm digging the vibe here, anything is possible and now everyone knows it. Good to see.

1. I was directed to more proof backing up G&W too, if anyone's interested who hasn't heard. The G&W in melee isn't actually Mr.G&W! o_O It's just the generic civilian. G&W looks cooler and has eyes and other details etc... So that quote "Kirbys appearance changes the least" or what ev' doesn't discount the 2D black outline.

2. ICs kind of brought this game to another level with melee. It was like WHOA! A fighting game with a DUO?!? They seem to be going in all directions with every possibility here. Tripple transformations/duos/weapon changes/copying abilities/weird techniques. (How many fighting games have crawling?) Next we'll see Olimar and Staffy!
The mid-air jumping makes the game though.

3. Smooth Criminal - That's a good idea. (if that's what you were implying). Everyone should make lists of why characters shouldn't be in. No more "This character is better" either because that could be said for anyone.

P.S. Retro is so totally rad right now. BalloonF, LilMac, MRider = far out...lol

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
XD Waddle dee for Brawl!

But about your 3rd party character WG i would say that Mega Man is more likely than Simon Belmont because giving one third party 2 characters in what is arguably their biggest and most hyped game ever isn't going to bode well for their future relation ship with Capcom seeing as they have had such a good one in the past.
I wasn't trying to raise a 3rd party arguement [and you know that, and I know you know that], I was just saying some people are being flat out jerks to Wiseguy. I know some of you are joking, and poking fun at him [like me], but some of you are just blowing it out of proportion [not directed at anyone in particular]. And it's getting old...

As for 3rd party, I believe if Sega doesn't put Sonic in Brawl, otherwise this will happen [click here btw]. Ya, those stupid f***ing Sony fanboys should drown themselves the same way they drown puppies, those mother f***ers, them. They don't give a f*** about people who have a PC, or 360=they're just selfish f***ing b*****s. And I'm glad Capcom has shunned them, since they're just stupid fanboys who will die in 10 years [from going crazy because Sony goes out of business, and finding out Killzone 5 sucks like the last 4. :laugh:]. Seriously, all fanboys need to burn in hell! :p No one gives a f*** about wat system it's on, and who made it, as long as it's good. Seriously, Capcom has better relations with Nintendo, and all Sony fanboys who signed this suck. [Oh OJ! :laugh:]

Anyways, I think something WORSE will happen to Sega if they don't put Sonic in Brawl. However, it won't be fanboys, but very [or seemingly] devote fans to Sega, Nintendo [nothing wrong with fans, it's just extremist fanboys=IDC if Brawl was to go on the PSP, 360, or PS3. I am not a fanboy! :p], Sonic, and other Nintendo series [especially smash] will be upset. So, they'll boycott Sega, but worse. They'll get more then 12,125 signatures of that stupid petition, thye'll get a lot more. Definitely. Bad things would happen in the business world to Sega, since pretty much millions of people want him in Brawl. Plus, it'd be perfect promotion, and there is no way anyone at Sega can pass it up. Unless they enjoy failing, like they have in recent memory. :laugh:

....that would be awesome. Who doesn't want to see a disco-dancing dragon?
Seriously, I've always wanted to see the other side of everyone's favorite dragon. Also, he's not just eats Pokémon for food, kills bounty hunters for fun, and watches srubs, but he's actually a disco master. True facts.

:laugh:

He also does a bit of hip hop on the side, and is known to be the godfather of techno! :grin:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
****ING SONY ****ING FANBOYS AND THEIR HYPOCRITICAL IGNORANCE.
STUPID DOG ****ING ARROGANT *******S!!!!!!!!!
"The console that made you successful" WTF!!!!???? AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH

But any ****ing ways i just ****ing quoted you for the first ****ing bit i wasn't ****ing referring to ****ing you on the third ****ing party ****ing bit.

AAAAHHHHHHHHH ****ING HHHHHHEEEEEELLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
10) Mewtwo

http://www.geocities.com/kayka_2000/Poke/psymewtwo.jpg
I'm told that in the Pokemon universe, Mewtwo is quite powerful. I'd be more inclined to believe that if he wasn't below Pichu on the tier list.

On Sakurai's Poll: N/A

Comments: And so, Mewtwo once again regains his post in my “characters cut” list. No matter. In my heart, he never really left.

The game’s called “Super Smash Bros Brawl”. Not “Super Smash Bros Melee 2”. If you think there won’t be dramatic changes to the playable roster, I suspect that you will be sorely disappointed.
Super Smash Brothers Melee is a different title then Super Smash Bros (64) and it had all the original characters in it. This is in fact a sequel to Melee and I disagree with your statement.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Super smash bros 64 = Only the very best got in.
Super smash bros melee = Only the very best get kicked out?

Of course the 64 crew wouldn't get kicked out but ones from the melee crew could easily go without that much of a fuss.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Um, Wiseguy? ADD IC'S TO THE CONFIRMED LIST ALREADY! IT'S ALREADY BEEN A ****ING DAY!
Sorry about that. It's just you're really starting to irk me.
By the way, Wind Waker Link won't be in. Is the current Link called "Twilight Princess Link"? Can you imagine the announcer saying, "This match's winner is... Wind Waker Link!"? I didn't think so.
Also, I demand that you add at least one more pokemon character to the list. Read my awesome Magikarp moveset here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116693 That or add Gardevoir/ Plusle+Minun to the list.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
unless they squirm around so much and JUST WONT DIE!!!!!!! *coughdiddycough*

Pichu Roy Doc and I don't see why anyone else should go. the clones can be decloned and YL transfered to CS in the process. Melee is full of important characters for the most part so additions are the real concern. They could have a roster of 50 and someone will be disappointed because their chars won't be in. If it's the case because they lose an PC to an altern costume, they can live with it.

I don't see many cuts being made. These "not all of the characters will return" characters are (probably) refering to the characters that don't really have their own spot in the Nintendo world/ssb. We could have lived without Pichu we could have lived if Mario had that Fair and we could've lived without a bad Marth. If THEY could go back and change something in melee (that involved the roster) they would take out what was unnecissary...Pichu, Doc and Roy. (they may have second-thought Roy because he did have fairly large changes from Marth, but nothing worth keeping)

that's it really

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Um, Wiseguy? ADD IC'S TO THE CONFIRMED LIST ALREADY! IT'S ALREADY BEEN A ****ING DAY!
By the way, Wind Waker Link won't be in. Is the current Link called "Twilight Princess Link"? Can you imagine the announcer saying, "This match's winner is... Wind Waker Link!"? I didn't think so.
Also, I demand that you add at least one more pokemon character to the list. Read my awesome Magikarp moveset here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=116693 That or add Gardevoir/ Plusle+Minun to the list.
The person wont be able to say on of WW Links POSSIBLE names!? I must bow down to your superior logic and admit defeat seeing as you obviously are the smartest person here.

And add another Pokemon? yhea what a great idea! /Sarcasm

(And actually Mister Game and watch is longer than Wind waker Link).

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I also didn't know that this list was so simliar to yours (not that it matters?). :\
Our lists are similar because they're highly logical, so no, it doesn't matter if they're the same.
Hey, it's not like Wiseguy (or others) hasn't changed his list repeatedly too.
Changing the list isn't the issue. Having the possibility of reading the logic that came right after my roster without a mention/citation was what got me- I didn't know you didn't read it since it was posted so recently.
Here's my original list, with more detail than provided.
Seeing that it has no edits on it, and with the logic around the characters you did not add does make this list more impressive. I think your new one is better, but it's the additional thought that counts in making this the relic of some good predictions.
I can't make predictions for specific FE characters since I don't know the series
Oh, neither can I, but I try. :) Just takes some research.
Essentially, if a character pops up on one of those lists that I didn't predict, I will be most certainly wrong in that aspect. Happy?
Yes. And therefore your list has been proven wrong and you and Wiseguy are in the same boat.
Jeez, I'm just messing with Wiseguy. I'm not trying to come off as an *******.
I think you guys are taking this too seriously. It's just for fun, and some of us are messing with Wiseguy for not predicting ICs. I'm certain that Wiseguy is going to poke fun at all the Sheik supporters when he/she/it/mashedpotatoes appears as an AT or otherwise instead of as Zelda's down-B.
I think maybe it was the hypocrisy that irritated people the most. Had you come out and said "hahhah! Ice climberz are in! you suckorz" or something else dumb and shallow, most of us would have simply ignored you. But you gloated, saying that a list that has been proven wrong hasn't, thus making yourself a very large target.

My guess is Wiseguy will have fun and gloat if Sheik is out, but that's because he's been standing in front of a hell of a lot of people who think he's wrong and have voiced this. I doubt anyone bashed you for thinking Ice Climbers will be back- quite simply not that many people expected it. People expect Sheik to return. Wiseguy is standing off against them. If he, as one person, wins against the crowd, I think that's good cause to gloat. It's the difference between fighting people who don't care one way or another, and fighting people who do.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I wasn't saying it was long, I was saying it would sound stupid to actually include the name of a game before the name of a character that's already in.
And, OMG! Pokemon representation might actually increase! I might die from the shock that Sakurai knows that many people who will play this game actually like pokemon games! Honestly, a popular series might have four characters like it did in the last game? The nerve of that guy!

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Actually, so far as Pokemon goes, I'm going to go on the record and predict that we aren't getting any new representatives, only returning ones.
Mewtwo and Jiggs return, and if popular opinion wins out Pichu is cut. That gives us six fully playable movesets in Brawl (Poke trainer's three plus Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Pikachu), three of which are brand-spanking new, and quite frankly I think that's good enough.

I don't care how popular Pokemon is, I think three new characters should be good enough for any franchise.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, sorry. I thought he said "3 characters should be enough for any series." My eyes skipped over the "new"

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Actually, so far as Pokemon goes, I'm going to go on the record and predict that we aren't getting any new representatives, only returning ones.
Mewtwo and Jiggs return, and if popular opinion wins out Pichu is cut. That gives us six fully playable movesets in Brawl (Poke trainer's three plus Mewtwo, Jiggs, and Pikachu), three of which are brand-spanking new, and quite frankly I think that's good enough.

I don't care how popular Pokemon is, I think three new characters should be good enough for any franchise.
I agree. The only thing holding me back is that ALL the Pokemon representatives would be from the first game. The three new characters we're getting are like, older than dirt.

Not that dirt isn't awesome...

Man, I'm psyched about Trainer. I really wanted to play as Bulbasaur, and Ivy is close enough.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
For Wind Waker Link's name, he'll just be named Young Link, decloned [completely, somewat, or minimally], and redo in size, weight, stats, and other things. And saying aany character won't be in the game is falt out dumb. There are like 1,000 characters with a 0.000001% chance, and WW Link is quite frankley a shoe in character. Pls c'mon Game and Watch as a playable character=??? It's Mr. Game and Watch to you, buddy! XD Also, Consider this:

1.The sales of WW and PH alone are going to outsell most the series repped in Brawl. That means WW Link is more important to Nintendo then a lot of characters, since $$$ is wat business is all about.

2.He'd be a neat decloning add, being the first cel-shaded character [possibly], having a original moveset, etc.

3.He is Miyamoto's and Anouma's favorite Link, and Anouma's favorite Zelda character [I'm not even going to say who Miyamoto's favorite Zelda character is].

4.Not just are his games popular, but he is a very reconizable character, outside of being Link.

5.He's the most unique of any of the Links. They all have the same attack pattern [even FS Link=just 4 of them/Zelda II Link could only stab forward, swordplant, and use his upstab]. Almost all of Wind Waker Link's attacks in the Wind Waker are original, minus the spin attack [though he had the still original hurrican spin], the A button reaction commands [which TP Link jacked], and the forward leap slash. Everything else is completely original.

6.He has argueably the most original items [though I think ALTTP Link has a more original arsenal]. He could use the grapple hook, hookshot [which would be original now, somewat], magic armor [TP Link jacks everything], Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, the Wind Waker itself, that one mask thing, etc. He has 1 or so more original items as well I think. <_<

7.Because I say so! :grin: C'mon, I had to say that one! :laugh:

And are you people actually doubting Lucario=??? Check it's sales=it's already passed FR/LG, about to pass R/S/E, along with S/G/C, and probably B/R/Y/G in the future. Plus it's only been out like around half a year. Seriously, the Pokémon series will probably outsell MArio in the next 10 years, if not the next 5. It was not just the #1 looked up word on the internet, but it's sales are just below 40 million short of Mario, the #1 selling franchise of all time=it's the #2 best selling series of all-time. If anything, it deserves as many, if not more reps then Zelda, and that's coming from a Zelda-holic! :laugh:

4 Pokémon characters in Brawl would be a bloody waste, seriously. I mean, c'mon...one Pokémon game alone outsells 70% of the series repped in Brawl, and that will probably have at least 3 reps in Brawl. That is why Lucario is likely to replace Pichu, due to amazing popularity, being the first rea SOLE icon of a Pokémon generation, since Pikachu in the 1st gen of Pokémon [though some argue Pichu in the 2nd gen, but I strongly disagree]. Plus it's got a strong fanbase, prop-Brawl fanbase, etc. all around the world! :laugh:

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
You know, I could kinda see the NiGHTS character being a 3rd-party choice...
just a thought before I try to pass out again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love your awesomeness JohnKnight. So what is Miyamoto's favorite link character?
TINGLE I think... Told you you didn't want to hear=proof that Miyamoto is crazy. I'm afraid that many of you just lost major respect for him! :laugh:

And I'm just trying to spread the super awsome word that Wind Waker Link is Super Awsome! :)

You know, I could kinda see the NiGHTS character being a 3rd-party choice...
just a thought before I try to pass out again.
Anything could happen, really. Well except 4th party characters, like Master chief, Banjo-Kazooie [cool, but impossible], Conker, and Ratchet&Clank.

Still, NiGHts is made by Sega, and shouldn't they use their mascot, their icon, and their best selling series manin character Sonic=??? Still, you never do quite know, now do you=??? I'm never willing to cross something 100% off, unless it's beyond ridiculous. Because after all, it is Sakurai we're talking about. We all remeber that his updates are like this following emotion. PSYCHO! XD :psycho:

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
TINGLE I think... Told you you didn't want to hear=proof that Miyamoto is crazy. I'm afraid that many of you just lost major respect for him! :laugh:

And I'm just trying to spread the super awsome word that Wind Waker Link is Super Awsome! :)
Yeah anyone should see that WW link is a duh for brawl. He just makes since. In my research I've placed him with the highs and definites (currently 34 on probable roster thread click link below), but he's also on Wiseguys board so my rambling is pointless.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't agree with Wiseguy with many of his suggestions but I completely support this thread and anti flaming. If your going to flame Wiseguy or anyone then suck and leave this thread haters.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
on a different subject, since mario has got a new down be, what do people think luigi's new down be will be?

(and now i'm scarred of miyamuto. especially after what you wrote about links uncle in omneox johnknight1 :joyful: )

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea WW Link for brawl his FS could triforce back slash XD he would do what he did to Ganondorf at the end of WW to the closest player.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I agree. The only thing holding me back is that ALL the Pokemon representatives would be from the first game. The three new characters we're getting are like, older than dirt.
Same here. Although I expect Mewtwo and Jiggly to return, I expect that there will be another playable Pokemon from after the first generation. 7 is a lot of representatives, but considering how the game seems to be focusing on the present as much as the past (Twilight Princess designs and moves, FLUDD, etc), I'd be surprised if we didn't get another, more modern Pokemon. I don't really care what Pokemon it is (lucario or otherwise), but I think there will be another.

By the way, Wiseguy, do you still think that there will be 5 third-party reps? That seems unreasonable to me. I don't think Nintendo wants that large a chunk of the playable roster to be non-Nintendo.

Also, do you still think Resetti will be in? If I were Sakurai, and I wanted to choose a fitting rep for the Animal Crossing series, it would be a human, Nook, or Totakeke. Why would I choose the far less important Resetti over them? It would be like expecting Luigi to be playable if Mario wasn't. I think it's far more likely that there will be no playable Animal Crossing character.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Yeah anyone should see that WW link is a duh for brawl. He just makes since. In my research I've placed him with the highs and definites (currently 34 on probable roster thread click link below), but he's also on Wiseguys board so my rambling is pointless..
I'm not so sure that The Wind Waker Link is such a shoo-in. Mainly due to the fact that The Wind Waker's art style, with its emphasis on flat, cartoony colors and chibi-ish characters (note: I love this art style, so please don't call me a hater, as that is far from the truth), would not fit very well with Brawl's art style, which is leaning heavily toward the detailed and realistic (cases in point: Mario, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong). I myself would rather put a vote in for a Young Link from Majora's Mask, utilizing the Transformation Masks in a cycle akin to Pokemon Trainer, among other de-cloning techniques; such a change would help to de-clone Young Link, give him something really unique to work with, and includes the possibility of Fierce Deity Link, perhaps as a Final Smash.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm not so sure that The Wind Waker Link is such a shoo-in. Mainly due to the fact that The Wind Waker's art style, with its emphasis on flat, cartoony colors and chibi-ish characters (note: I love this art style, so please don't call me a hater, as that is far from the truth), would not fit very well with Brawl's art style, which is leaning heavily toward the detailed and realistic (cases in point: Mario, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong). I myself would rather put a vote in for a Young Link from Majora's Mask, utilizing the Transformation Masks in a cycle akin to Pokemon Trainer, among other de-cloning techniques; such a change would help to de-clone Young Link, give him something really unique to work with, and includes the possibility of Fierce Deity Link, perhaps as a Final Smash.
So you telling me that Mr. G&W the most unique character in the SSBM won't be in Brawl because his art style doesn't meld with the others. For gods sake in Melee what other character/stages/anything matched Mr.G&W besides Flatzone? I mean if Melee can have a character that doesn't "meld" with the art styles Brawl can have WW Link.

-Knight

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Ok, I'm redoing my list since the past confirmations have made it obsolete. This list will focus more on buffing up existing franchises than adding new ones.

Mario (6)
1) Mario
2) Luigi
3) Bowser
4) Peach
5) Bowser Jr.
6) Paper Mario

Donkey Kong (3)
7) Donkey Kong
8) Diddy Kong
9) King K. Rool

Starfox (2)
10) Fox
11) Krystal

Kirby (3)
12) Kirby
13) Meta Knight
14) King Dedede

Zelda (4)
15) Link
16) Zelda
17) Ganon(dorf)
18) Young Link (WW Style) LINK CLONE

Pokemon (6/8)
19) Pikachu
20-22) Pokemon Trainer
23) Mewtwo
24) Jigglypuff
25) Ditto (AKA the random button: doesn't count toward 40 moveset limit)
26) Gardevoir (Zelda clone)

Metroid (3)
27) Samus
28) Zero Suit Samus
29) Ridley

Fire Emblem (2)
30) Ike
31) Black Knight (Ike clone)

Retro (3)
32) Pit
33) Ice Climbers
34) Game & Watch

New Franchise Representation (3)
35) Captain Olimar (Pikmin)
36) Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
37) Wario

Old Franchise Representation. (3)
38) Yoshi
39) Captain Falcon
40) Lucas

3rd Party (3)
41) Snake
42) Megaman
43) Sonic

Summary:
1) 43 Characters. 39 Originals + 3 Clones(1) + 1 Ditto (0)
2) 40 Characters on character select screen.
3) 18 veterans; 25 Newcomers

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Same here. Although I expect Mewtwo and Jiggly to return, I expect that there will be another playable Pokemon from after the first generation. 7 is a lot of representatives, but considering how the game seems to be focusing on the present as much as the past (Twilight Princess designs and moves, FLUDD, etc), I'd be surprised if we didn't get another, more modern Pokemon. I don't really care what Pokemon it is (lucario or otherwise), but I think there will be another.
See, I'm not so sure Sakurai cares about having a newer-gen Pokemon rep. After all, he can do all the next-gen he wants with Pokeballs, so newer characters aren't really needed in that respect. Just look at Melee. An entire second generation of Pokemon to pull from, and Sakurai uses it to make lots of pokeballs and one poorly-thought-out clone, while he draws a new character from the first gen.
And so far, Sakurai seems to be doing the same thing in Brawl that he did in Melee. We've got three new characters from the first gen, and almost all of the major competition from the later generations such as Deoxys and Munchlax have been Pokeballed.

I've also heard it said that Sakurai needs to rep the later pokemon generations so that Nintendo can make wet, sloppy love with itself and increase the sales of Brawl and Diamond/Pearl through the magic of synergy. But I don't buy this argument. Brawl is a guaranteed best-seller, and Diamond/Pearl already are best-sellers. I doubt Lucario's (or any fourth gen's) appearance in Brawl would be enough to effect sales in any way worth caring about.

So like I said, it looks like we won't be getting anymore new pokemon reps, just returning one.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Bowser Jr. as a Bowser clone? He's never fought like Bowser at all, and has the pottential to be unique. And while I hate the idea of K. Rool getting in, he's also not the type to be a DK clone. (And why do people still think a generic pokemon like Gardevoir will be in?)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I don't think Wiseguy can just replace anyone now, as he's also got to add people like G&W due to him being basically confirmed, I'd think it would be better if he got rid of the Balloon Fighter, because quite frankly, the ICs beat him last time, and they probably beat him again. >_>

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
So you telling me that Mr. G&W the most unique character in the SSBM won't be in Brawl because his art style doesn't meld with the others. For gods sake in Melee what other character/stages/anything matched Mr.G&W besides Flatzone? I mean if Melee can have a character that doesn't "meld" with the art styles Brawl can have WW Link.

-Knight
Ugh, never mind. I have since changed my opinion, alright? That is, I no longer think that the art style works against him. Though I would still rather see Young link with Masks.

Top Bottom