• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, he can probably edit out the characters he doesn't want to show and put them right in there. Otherwise that could be our final roster, which we know can't be correct. Also there are icons missing there that we know about. =/
True, but there's also room to scroll up on that screenshot...so there are (presumably) icons above the ones we can see.

Also, a big w00t in general for online Brawl (been busy and off the boards since Thursday)!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
It's not nessicarily rubbish...

Considering how complex incoorperating it into a game like Smash Brothers is, I'd say it's pretty good.

Unlike in a shooter (Halo 2) or an MMORPG (WoW) where you have HP that you have to maintain, a split second of lag in this game would ruin Smash Brothers because most "serious" players depend entirely way too much on precise timing for their fancy combos and what-not.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
It's not nessicarily rubbish...

Considering how complex incoorperating it into a game like Smash Brothers is, I'd say it's pretty good.

Unlike in a shooter (Halo 2) or an MMORPG (WoW) where you have HP that you have to maintain, a split second of lag in this game would ruin Smash Brothers because most "serious" players depend entirely way too much on precise timing for their fancy combos and what-not.
Quoted for truth. Did you guys ever play DoA or Fight Night Round 3 online? Welcome to Lag City, let me tell you... :(

Legolastom

Smash Hero
O yhea... maybe its custom avatars? and maybe some leader board of some sort... or maybe you just upload your scores onto the web...

What i would really like to see is online SE co-op XD... o_0

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

C'mon dear thread, let you not be empty, rejoice! For Wi-Fi is confirmed for Brawl! I imagine that Wisey's doing his 'happy dance' right now.

Finally, after weeks of mindgaming, Sakurai belts out with the spectacular Wi-Fi capabilities. I mean, we all saw it coming, but hey, it's better than "You Must Recover!" But not only does this show Wi-Fi, but it also shows that there is going to be ANOTHER Franchise that we haven't seen yet! (Notice how Sakurai conveniently scrolled down just a littel bit so that we only saw a select few icons?) Which means that Olimar (With the Pikmin Franchise Symbol) and Sonic (With iss Franchise) may be well on the way.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1. Why!?
2. Why are people opposed to Mii's anyway they could basically represent one of the biggest revolutions in Nintendo's history...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
All their Wii sports and Wii play games could be used to gather move sets... Cows,tanks,tennis,baseball,gold, boxing,bowling, ping pong, shooting, lazer hockey, ,fishing rods... and they could use Wii motes XD of they get in i think they would be the most unique character.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
1. Why!?
2. Why are people opposed to Mii's anyway they could basically represent one of the biggest revolutions in Nintendo's history...
1) Because of the way they were just shown in this update. No, it in no way deconfirms them but to me it just made them seem unlikely as playable at this point.
2) You either love or hate the idea of Miis in Brawl

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Mii's are most likely not going to be playable
I disagree. Not just are they original, but they Mii/Wii series is selling like crazy. In case you don't know the stats, the two best selling Wii games are Wii Sports [although it's packaged with the Wii everywhere but Japan, in Japan it is there best-selling gmae], and Wii Play. The Wii series has already sold over 10 million units, making it more important to Nintendo [in terms of $] then a lot of the series repped in Brawl.

In fact, the only Nintendo series to sell better are Metroid [Metroid outsells the Wii series by less than 200,000 units], Nintendogs, Donkey Kong, the Legend of Zelda, Pokémon, and Mario. Thus if Sakurai is aiming for non-gamers, as he's shown, he'll add Miis as PCs. Plus in terms of sales, they're more important to Nintendo then let's say...Ike, Fox, and Meta Knight. Plus, c'mon, they'd be sweet. King Leonidas vs. Kratos vs. Rocky Balboa vs. Satan. Place your bets now! :chuckle:

Edit: I have a source to prove it [though it is wiki! XD]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_selling_game

Edit 2: Online's explamation will be upgraded. Look at game modes, and then next to Adventure Mode is "Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection". Seriously, we've only seen the begining of the new Advanced Techs, Adventure Mode, Character Roster, and Online options! :)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
mii's are awesome. yeah. and they have a good chance, for reasons stated above. they'll only be the start of characters so new and amazing that they havn't even been thought of yet.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
to me, Mii's are not a bad idea.

but i only think it would work if no matter what the height/weight of Mii was, as soon as they are imported into brawl, they all have the same stats and movesets

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Before the Subspace Emissary was revealed, I thought Mii's would make a funny new "team", like the Polygons and Wireframes of old. And at the end you must do battle with your favorite Mii, the Wii-ified version of yourself! Oh one can dream...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

but i only think it would work if no matter what the height/weight of Mii was, as soon as they are imported into brawl, they all have the same stats and movesets
In Wii Sport's Boxing, when you box, you're heights and weight are the same if I'm not mistaken. Stats, weight, and hieght will all be the same with Miis, definitely. Seriously, battle of the parodies.

Peppy Hare [DO A MOTHER F***ING BARREL ROLL!] vs. Caboose [red vs. blue] vs. Nappa [WAt 9,000!?!?!] vs. Vegeta [IT'S OVER 9,000!!!]. Best match, EVER! :laugh:

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed something... in the screenshot with all avatars, you see the Ice Climbers... maybe THATS why Sakurai waited so long on revealing Wi-Fi =P
He waited until now because it's the 100th update.
All their Wii sports and Wii play games could be used to gather move sets... Cows,tanks,tennis,baseball,gold, boxing,bowling, ping pong, shooting, lazer hockey, ,fishing rods... and they could use Wii motes XD of they get in i think they would be the most unique character.
Yes. :)

Really? I think the only way they'd work well would be for the height and weight to be taken into account. It's the only user-friendly way to make the Miis customizable- a move set editor would be ridiculous.
Not having custom Miis would be really bland. Your frail grandmother and your fat uncle totally shouldn't fight exactly the same. I'm sure if Nintendo wanted to they could come up with an algorithm that allows this simple customization.

Still don't quite know if I see it happening, but the fact Miis are in Brawl on at least one screenshot now seems to improve their chances.
Unless you think Sakurai wouldn't have shown us that because it's a spoiler... I mean, hell. It could be and all we'd do is argue about it anyway. If it's a spoiler, it's safe in this instance.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Whoa, Wiseguy! I totally almost forgot to come by to day and give you a hard time about the Miis as avatars...

Why don't you listen to me?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Does that mean Miis won't be playable grim=??? No, that just means you can use yourself and your Miis as your avatar. It means nothing for there chances at all IMO. Hopefully. >_<

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does that mean Miis won't be playable grim=??? No, that just means you can use yourself and your Miis as your avatar. It means nothing for there chances at all IMO. Hopefully. >_<
Sakurai didn't slip, and they don't have the same background as the PC's icons...

hojiky

Smash Cadet
well i don't know about everyone else, but i'm still waiting to see who wiseguy's going to replace with the newly confirmed ice climbers.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Yeah, and they're going to take Tom out of the background whenever you play as him, too. Give me a break. You're fooling yourself if you think Miis are really going to be playable.

Because you're arrogant and people don't like to listen to arrogant people?
If I come across as arrogant it's only because I've been right over and over again when I've said things all along and people refused to see the light. And fyi, I've been around here a while. I've come by and said "Hey Wiseguy, did you think about adding ____?" or expressed my disagreement with some other choice of his. He wouldn't listen to reason; so he had to wait for Sakurai to disprove it, showing I was correct. Sorry that I use logic to come up with sensible predictions.

Actually, I'm not...that's what this thread is here for, to come by and poke fun at Wiseguy whenever another character prediction of his gets deconfirmed...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Miis are akward and fairly boring. Me fighting Mario, that would really ruin a good game.
What are they gonna do? box? How about little Mac? Golf? Peach?
They're an icon. They wouldn't show the icon of a character when it's not confirmed. And why would the have a dozen Mii icons up there? If they were going to hint at something, why not Docs Altern Mario look. Save files might be saved to your Miis (like Corruption and so many other games...hence more freind codes) Who doesn't want more save files or friends codes?
I really don't want to have a battle and fight some bobble-head short pale imitation of my mom when it's really some pro chick living in Australia.
Customizable you say? How about Smashkid? A generic AC char that uses bees, a shovel, a rod, lamps and those little totemy guys and the million other things from that game.
The Miis give nothing special but more of a variety in looks to the game. They can **** off!
Smashkid and Little Mac FTW!

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
I am not particularly amazed. I don't think Wolf, Midna and Wolf Link, Mii, Black Knight, or Balloon Fighter have much of a chance. You are axing way too many characters. I honestly don't think Lucas will replace Ness. The only reason he was going to in melee was for advertising, the same way Roy was added. They won't axe a lot of the characters you said. Marth is the original FE hero so he's staying. I'd say if they even add a third rep, it will be Sigurd. I think there will be more pokemon reps than 3. Pikachu, Jiggs, Trainer, Mewtwo, and Meowth I would think. Meowth was intended for both the original SSB and Melee so i'm sure they have a moveset for him so why not put him in? Lucario is iffy, especially seeing how Sakurai knows that everyone besides big pokemon fans favor the first generation. Falco is a better representative than Wolf. 3 dog like characters is too much. Have 2 foxes and a bird to switch it up. There is no reason to replace Falco with Wolf. Falco is more popular than wolf, especially because he was in Melee. I really don't think Mii will be a playable character. There is no reason to add such an insignificant character to the roster. Midna and Wolf Link is really one of my least favorite character suggestions on any roster. They were in one game. And even with that game, you played as regular Link more than Wolf Link. It would not make any sense at all to have Midna and Wolf Link be playable just because they are new. I think Midna will be an assist trophy but that's it. I am really indifferent about Bowser Jr. I cannot make up my mind on him. I wouldn't expect to see Balloon fighter, either. We have so many retro characters as it is. Also, I would add K Rool. if Starfox gets 3 reps than so should Donkey Kong, and the best third rep for the DK franchise is King K Rool. I wouldn't count him out, just yet.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
dam, last night i thought up a good final smash for a mii, (inspired by legolastom's post last page), but Grim just had to go and make me realize that mii's were already avatars. i didn't pay attention to that before. (not really blaming you grim, more like thanking you). now, i see one of 2 things happening. mii's not showing up on the site anymore, or this week they get updated as a character. its been almost 4 weeks since the last new character, and i don't see mii's as unlockable. sigh, might as well post my final smash idea.

<MII TANK>

The mii glows in a mysterious aurora, and suddenly, a giant tank (1.5x taller than snake, twice as wide as bowser) appeares. the mii automatically hops in. the tank cannot move, is invincible, and you can angle the cannon in any direction using the control stick. you can fire shots that go very fast, (fully charged links arrow), have high knockback (greenshell) and do around 20% damage. after about 30-45 seconds, the tank dissapears, and the mii comes back with 10% damage per shot, or there is a certain amount of shots and a longer time limit. (with no damage) if the mii shoots too many shots too fast, the tank overheats, and either doesn't fire for a few seconds or explodes (either work) the explosion being like a bullet bill in princess peaches castle, instantly killing the mii. the shots also richoshay twice.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Eh, K. Rool seems like a good character, but I can't see DK's franchise getting Two new characters when they went through two games with only one character for the franchise. I think that Krystal has a better chance than Wolf just a smidge for the uniqueness factor, and I agree with the choices he has to be axed. (Ask anyone and they'll agree with the disclusion of Pichu and the Doc.) some of them seem a little stretched (Mr. Game and Watch, where art thou?) but some cut's need to be made in order to have some of the a$$ kickers of the fantastic into Brawl.

Wolf Link has a sporting chance, he being the 'hook' for TP. Brawl, as we have stated, is being very TP centric and don't be surprised if you see Wolf Link in the game. With Quadrepeds added into Brawl's cooking pot of awsomeosity I think that WL has much more than just a sporting chance. I feel the same way about Bowser Jr. It seems almost inevitable that we'd get another Mario rep to replace the Doc. Again, to Baloon Fighter. He was going to be in Melee and with Pit and the Ice Climbers confirmed it shows that Sakurai hasn't forgotten the retro characters.

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey guys, I'm trying to update my list but the stupid servers have gone to a crawl. Hang on a sec...

EDIT: I've got half of it up. Still waiting to edit the next post.

Anyway, while I think Miis are an excenet idea for Brawl - I must agree with Grim.

Notice how all the playable characters have a thin line around their pick? The Mii avitars lack this - suggesting that they aren't playable. A shame, really. :(

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Do not give up faith, Wise, wise guy. Anything s possible in the world of smash this peice of evidence shouldn't downhearten you. Live and prosper, look to the Nookians for enlightenment. Never give up, trust your instincts.

Quoting Peppy aside. Todays update (as I predicted) was once again meh-worthy. I expect this to either continue for the rest of he week, or Sakurai will wow us with something on Friday. My money isn't betting on the latter, but only time will tell.

To the Miis, perhaps there is no blue light around it's edge to not confuse people on the Mii's color (Green shirt for green, Pink for pink, for those who didn't notice.)

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Do not give up faith, Wise, wise guy. Anything s possible in the world of smash this peice of evidence shouldn't downhearten you. Live and prosper, look to the Nookians for enlightenment. Never give up, trust your instincts.
I've not given up hope entirely, but things aren't looking so hot.

I still can't update! Curse the influx of homeless Nsiders! I must go to class soon, but I vow to finish the update soon

Top Bottom