• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I'm trying to update my list but the stupid servers have gone to a crawl. Hang on a sec...

EDIT: I've got half of it up. Still waiting to edit the next post.

Anyway, while I think Miis are an excenet idea for Brawl - I must agree with Grim.

Notice how all the playable characters have a thin line around their pick? The Mii avitars lack this - suggesting that they aren't playable. A shame, really. :(

That prooves nothing.

Thats like saying that since the Miis have no border then they will be icons, just like Yoshi's Egg or a Pokeball since they have no borders either.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
That prooves nothing.

Thats like saying that since the Miis have no border then they will be icons, just like Yoshi's Egg or a Pokeball since they have no borders either.
It doesn't prove anything, but it strongly suggests that they won't, and no, they won't be smash icons, just avatars representing a player in the online mode...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
C'mon, when you make outlandish and offensive types of remarks it sullens the good name of Mii fans. Try actually giving out some actually evidence helping out the Mii's chances of getting in (Like I mentioned before, the border might be gone because of the backround being that Mii's favorite color.)

'Nuff said.

Bane

Smash Journeyman
C'mon, when you make outlandish and offensive types of remarks it sullens the good name of Mii fans. Try actually giving out some actually evidence helping out the Mii's chances of getting in (Like I mentioned before, the border might be gone because of the backround being that Mii's favorite color.)

'Nuff said.
or maybe a thin one pixel border could not possibly contain the awseomeness that is a Mii...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
True dat.

Wiseguy. FOR SHAME! Sheik? And you have the indignation to still wear that sig? I am appalled sir, APPALLED! Well, maybe that's a little over the top, but c'mon! Exchanging either WW Link or WL for Sheik?! This list is looking like a tower of jenga, pulling one block out every time Sakurai deconfirms/confirms someone makes me feel a little less trust in this list. The only thing that you have stuck to in all of your years is that you shall put Sheik in the grave where she/he/it/potatoe belongs and take a crap on it, but in stead you dig up Sheik's crap-ridden corpse, prop it up on your list and put either WW Link or WL on the chopping block? FOR SHAME!

'Nuff said!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
AND you continue to cast down the Ice Climbers! How much effort does it take to post a name, picture, funny remark, status, and comment?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I don't think he's finished yet. If you notice, he actually has Geno on there twice, and the final count hasn't been hanged.

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
I don't think Sheik will be in Brawl. Yeah, there's the Twilight Princess/OoT argument, and also the "not important" argument. I think Sheik will be part of Zelda's Final Smash, if not an Assist Trophy. After all, Zelda's one of the few characters whose special moves and Final Smash haven't been revealed on the DOJO. Maybe Sakurai's trying to hide something...?

But, I guess if you're going to include Sheik as a playable character, at least make Zamus a Sheik clone or something because, as seen in the trailers, Zero Suit Samus is really similar to Sheik. Both normal attacks (Sheiks Upsmash and I think Up Air have been seen being used by ZSS), and body figure(They both look about the same size/shape). Plus Sakurai seems to be implying that ZSS will be "weaker and lighter". Sheik was supposed to be the same way in Melee...

Special Moves are different, but there has to be SOMETHING different between clones, I guess. Plus, they could just change up Sheik's whip to become an Up B Tether Recovery.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
After the climbers... im sure now that all the other characters will return!.

Maybe shik wil be separated form zelda to create another slot... but sheik will be abck too....

Bajef8

Smash Ace
AND you continue to cast down the Ice Climbers! How much effort does it take to post a name, picture, funny remark, status, and comment?
thank you for saying something!! i have been waiting for wiseguy to post them for ages after they were released. i love the ice climbers and find it insulting to ice climber fans that he isn't putting ANYTHING up for them at all. i mean they're still in his graveyard.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm so glad to see Jigglypuff and Mewtwo back on your list. Can't wait to see your next revisions!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
ANNNNDD...... DONE! I've finally finished my updated character predictions. I'm sure some of you will disagree with some of the changes, so let me know how I can improve them. I'll try and respond to criticisms tommorow.

Don't worry about the stage & Pokeball predictions. They are just down temporarilly so I can tidey things up a bit.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Im happy that u came to ur senses about Jiggs and M2 but like i said, i think ur kidding yourself if u think that Nintendos second best selling franchise isn't even getting more reps than in melee. And no, pkmn trainer doesn't count as three reps. Sure it probably took longer to make than other characters but that doesnt mean hes repping the franchise three times as much.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I like this list. The last list reaked of "uhhhh no." I'm happy to see this new list. Nice Wiseguy. and for that one dudes update above yeah that's what he's saying.

I don't see why the pokemon or mario franchise has to get a new addition everytime a smash game is made. In smash 5 mario and pokes wil have 7 reps each andthe otherr franchises will lose reps on account. Yeah that makes complete sense.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes! Isaac is on your main roster now... Awesome! ^_^

...but seriously, where's Sonic? o_O

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well, the only thing I have to say is that I think that the character list will actually go a bit over 40... how much, dunno. Obviously not over 50, so... but you're playing with what you assume, better to underpredict than overpredict.

Nice to see Sukapon in there, and Miis out... I'm not holding out for Sheik yet though.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It took you long enough to finally get Isaac on the list. :)

Anyways, the only serious issues I have with your list are Geno, Suikupon, Belmont, and only two guest 3rd-party characters (ignoring Geno since he is a Mario character and barely even represents a single game, and certainly doesn't represent a franchise). I don't think Suikupon and Geno have that big of a shot, especially Geno. Suikapon is Japan-only and Geno's just a supporting character from an old Mario game.

Also, I think that there will be three 3rd-party characters, no more and no less. Your logic for including Simon is that Konami is willing to lend its characters, but how fair would it be if the special Brawl guest characters were all Konami? I'm thinking Brawl will be "Nintendo's all-star cast alongside a few guest characters," not "Nintendo's all-star cast alongside two favorites from Konami," if you get what I'm trying to say.

Also, I'm still under the impression that all unique movesets will return, so I feel that Marth will return or someone will take his moveset.

If this were a 40 character slot challenge instead of a 40 unique character challenge, who would you add?

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
It's better, but... seriously?

There are 43 characters on your list, not 40.
Note that you have Geno in the final count twice. (I didn't count him twice though)

You still think there will be 5 third-party characters?
(If you take it down to 2, you'll have a 40 character list.)

Other than that, I don't strongly disagree with any of it. I have my preferences of course and I'd still argue with you on the Wolf/Falco, WW Link/Midna debates and such, but it's pretty fair.

I think this list is pretty tentative right now though, as there are too many "OR" slots.

Also, I'd place my bet on Takamaru over Sukapon. He got more votes on the poll and is another retro character Sakurai would have the chance to bring new life to.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
better yes, but this...

1. Geno will not make it over MM and Sonic, neither will Simon. Bowser Jr. could take Genos spot in the Mario place and Simon can open 1 of those 40 slots for Falco and Wolf to both fit.

2. PT doesn't count as three. Lucario can be the "5th" Poke rep. He's got enough support and fame.

3. BK and Micaiah will take Marths place? Wasn't Marth THE FIRST! Marth could easily overthrow them, especially considering he was already in melee. Micaiah can take the other open slot from PTs excess 2.

4. Sonic is on the bottom when you count them but you don't mention him in the first place. Why?

5. Kirby and MEATKnight? lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
better yes, but this...

1. Geno will not make it over MM and Sonic, neither will Simon. Bowser Jr. could take Genos spot in the Mario place and Simon can open 1 of those 40 slots for Falco and Wolf to both fit.

2. PT doesn't count as three. Lucario can be the "5th" Poke rep. He's got enough support and fame.

3. BK and Micaiah will take Marths place? Wasn't Marth THE FIRST! Marth could easily overthrow them, especially considering he was already in melee. Micaiah can take the other open slot from PTs excess 2.

4. Sonic is on the bottom when you count them but you don't mention him in the first place. Why?

5. Kirby and MEATKnight? lol
Hell if Geno won't make it over Megaman...look at Geno and Megaman on the polls

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Those polls might as well not exist. Almost irrelevant really. I'm sure they were just to see how much support characters like Sheik had and it was cameod under that shinanigans.

6. CSLink over Midna.

7. (I know you're limiting yourself to 40 and this is out of the question but...) RETRO is sooooo in right now :laugh: !

Arteen

Smash Lord
better yes, but this...

1) Why would StarFox get more than 3 reps? I don't really think it deserves it.
2) Yes he does. Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard count as individual characters.
4) Wiseguy didn't properly edit that portion I think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1) Why would StarFox get more than 3 reps? I don't really think it deserves it.
2) Yes he does. Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard count as individual characters.
4) Wiseguy didn't properly edit that portion I think.
They don't count as more than 1 rep...though they are different characters

Bane

Smash Journeyman
Those polls might as well not exist. Almost irrelevant really. I'm sure they were just to see how much support characters like Sheik had and it was cameod under that shinanigans.
Actually melee characters weren't on the poll, nothing to de with sheik, it was for newcomers.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only part that was worth reading :)
You're right, I correct myself. Falco can leave if he feels, go Claus!
Uhh....NO! Claus is only in Mother 3 for 1 chapter, and at the end of the game. THE VERY END. Falco's been part of the SF series since the begining, while Wolf joined at SF64, and Krystal in Star Fox: Barventures [okay...compared to SF64, but it was a good game, just not great]. There is no chance Falco is leaving really. He's just too popular. Good thing we won't see minimally important characters. Like Claus. >_< Never mess with the characters I use in Melee=3 confirmed [Fox,Link, and Peach]...c'mon Roy and Falco...well Falco is going to be in the game. :p

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I just finished reading your updated list Wiseguy, and I'm very impressed. This is a much better and more unbiased list, which I think was the main problem with your previous attempt. The only real qualms I have with that list are Geno (would be awesome, but I think Bowser Jr. is more likely), Black Knight (again, awesome character, but more likely to be a boss unfortunately), Sukapon (just not sure if he could work in Smash Bros) and Simon Belmont (Simon instead of Sonic?!? What were you thinking?!?). I also think it'll be Falcon instead of Wolf, and Isaac may not make it in, but if he does, no complaints from me. I'd also like to advocate a replacement for Sukapon: Lolo!

Personally, I see Lolo as the new "WTF?" character for Brawl. He's a retro character and the main hero of his own franchise, the Adventures of Lolo/Eggerland series, which actually spanned quite a few titles, all of which were made by HAL labs, the makers of Kirby, and many of which were on Nintendo consoles. Since then, Sakurai has proven to be a fan of the series, with enemies from the games (The Skulls and the Rockies) appearing in Kirby titles. Lolo himself has also appeared in Kirby games (as Lololo), along with his damsel in distress, Lala (as Lalala), as a pair of bosses. I don't know whether he'd appear as part of a duo with Lala or on his own, but regardless, I personally think he has a good shot of making the roster, and he'd certainly have enough moves to make a decent moveset...

But all in all, amazing roster...

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Why did you take out Lucario? Even though Jigglypuff has senority, Lucario may just be the one to kick him out.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Thank u, at least somebody understands
Why do people insist that he's only 1 character? It took 3 times as long, 3 times the effort, 3 times the design effort, etc etc. Logically, if you were told "We have the time and money to design 40 characters" which is more likely, that you have time for the process of doing everything except stick them on the character screen, ending up with, say 35 regular characters, and the other 5 are transformations, like Zamus, Shiek, and PT, or that you have enough time to design 40 characters who each sport 3 movesets and 3 character designs, resulting in 120 characters effectively? If the second one seems ridiculous to you, then my point is proven, and PT counts as 3 characters.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Mornin'folks. I have an hour or so to kill, so I'll explain some of my decisions:

Geno over Bowser Jr? This is a tricky call, since I still think Bowser Jr. is still a logical choice for a playable character. However, in order to accomidate the flood of returning characters (stupid Ice Climbers...) I had to limit the big 3 (Mario, Zelda and Pokemon) to the same number of character slots as in Melee. I went with Geno, because Sakurai has mentioned the character numerous times and he seems to bring more uniqueness to the roster.

Sheik: *Glares at Samusrules93*

Why no Lucario?: Because Pokemon Trainer has unique 3 movesets, that's why. 6 unique characters is a big improvement over the 3 characters and 1 clone in Melee. The return of Jiggs and Mewtwo is a bad omen for Lucario and any more Pokemon newcomers.

Mii is cut?: Sad, but true. In the Wi-Fi update, the Mii icons lacked the thin line around their squares that all the playable characters have. Why would Sakurai reveal this if he was planning Miis as a playable character as well?

Why all the **OR** slots? Shut up. That's why.

Sonic? SONIC?! WHERE'S SONIC?!?!: Ah, the controversy. Here's the deal: if you accept that A) there is only going to be around 40 playable characters and B) Characters like Sheik and Game & Watch are returning, then that doesn't leave a ton of room for 3rd party newcomers. In fact, when Sakurai's only confirmed quote on the matter is "maybe 1 or 2 more" you have to wonder if perhaps Sakurai isn't even interested in seeking out more characters outside the Nintendo camp. And frankly, I would have expected to hear SOMETHING by now about Sonic or Megaman (at E3 or on of the other recent game shows) if they were being made as playable characters.

Ultimately, I went with 2 more 3rd parties: Geno (a character that Square could care less about and would likely be very easy to get the rights for) and Simon Belmont, who is owned by Konami like Snake. Unlike Sonic or Megaman (who's inclusion would require negotiating with 2 separate companies: Sega and Capcom) Konami has already demonstrated that they are open to including their characters in Brawl. It's not ideal (I would like to to reps from all the major Japanese game publishers) from I think it's not unrealistic. I'll elaborate on this more in my updated "runner up" list.

Anywho, that's all for now. Keep the comments coming.

On a completely unrelated matter, check out the sheer awesomeness that is my new favorite upcoming non-Brawl for the Wii: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/3242.html

Top Bottom