• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Chidosengan- you took my Micaiah SSBB signature thingie!
Awesome man. :) I didn't even realize you could do that at first and I was like "did I create something that looks almost exactly like something that already existed?" Hah.
(I thought I had to post the location for people to use it.)

Also, if any of you steal my uber-retarted ones, I might crack my head against a wall.
They're meant to be horrendously stupid. It's satire of the ridiculous support lists. So please only support Micaiah.

And Isaac now that I've adopted his icon-thingie. (What are those called?)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They did the same for all the other characters.

Seriously, there's a LOT of characters they've made up moves for.

Peach (in Melee, before any other game she was in), Zelda (never fought, not really), Ice Climbers (a lot of their moves anyway), Game and Watch, the pokemon (proving pokemon shouldn't be limited to only four moves ;)), Captain Falcon; The list goes on.

The only one that's similar in any regard though is Captain Falcon, as both him and the BF has the same potential for moves, which are technically none. The others took moves from their games, and while some broke their own game's rules, or borrowed from other characters, they were still all from the game.

Falcon and Balloon Fighter only have their image really to go off from. The Ice Climbers were the same thing. But the ICs and CF had potential attributes that could make making moves easy for them, while Balloon Fighter noticeably does not. He floats up and down using balloons. Now Sakurai has used unconventional weaponry before, but a balloon is just too much here. It's not a combat item, and since BF would have to change much to far from his original design to warrant anything else, he can’t get the same treatment as say Pit. Plus there is the topper that Sakurai specifically stated in the Melee site that he didn't put in BF because he just didn't have moves. It's true that he can create a moveset for those who don't have attacks but he can't do it just from scratch. There needs to be a solid base.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Well I predicted the Ice Climber's return myself, and I'm glad they did.

However, some things just can't be predicted... like Pokemon Trainer.
PT was a joke...until he was included and they made him cool

Were they really actually going to be playable in Melee? I've heard this rumor so many times, but I don't recall ever seeing evidence for the claim.
Have you played melee? IC's are in it o_O wtf...

I'm glad this IC hating has stopped. Now we need some more painfull debates over with (Ness vs Lucas/Sheik/Falco vs Wolf/Midna"WLink?"/G&W/FE chars...
Oh...my

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Aw.. come on. Give him a break.

One can't be right with all of their character predictions. Sakurai is way too unpredictable.
he...i had charizard on my list orignally, and i excluded deoxys and gorah. and munchlax. and lyn. and i put ike and diddy, but those are shoe ins. i also have yl, pichu, and doc being the only characters cut.

and pieman, why is the balloon not a good weapon? G@W uses a parachute.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
My poor, poor list has taken quite a beating. Who's next? G&W? Marth? Or even (*shudders*) Sheik?
Haha, yeah, that would be horrible. Marth? Game and Watch? How many more unique and fun characters have to return before Sakurai's horrible bloodlust is sated?

Well, I suppose Ness, Mewtwo, and Jigglypuff. Keep an eye out for those guys. Or at least for Ness, those others may be unlockable hidden characters again.

My list requires a MAJOR revision, no doubt about it. Maybe this time I'll have more luck.

Congrats to eveyone who saw this one coming. I was clearly mistaken. BIG time.
Aw man, I was looking forward to gloating about being right about the Ice Clmbers, and now you've spoiled it by being such a good sport about the whole thing.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The only one that's similar in any regard though is Captain Falcon, as both him and the BF has the same potential for moves, which are technically none. The others took moves from their games, and while some broke their own game's rules, or borrowed from other characters, they were still all from the game.

Falcon and Balloon Fighter only have their image really to go off from. The Ice Climbers were the same thing. But the ICs and CF had potential attributes that could make making moves easy for them, while Balloon Fighter noticeably does not. He floats up and down using balloons. Now Sakurai has used unconventional weaponry before, but a balloon is just too much here. It's not a combat item, and since BF would have to change much to far from his original design to warrant anything else, he can’t get the same treatment as say Pit. Plus there is the topper that Sakurai specifically stated in the Melee site that he didn't put in BF because he just didn't have moves. It's true that he can create a moveset for those who don't have attacks but he can't do it just from scratch. There needs to be a solid base.
Touche. I think there could still be potential (I really can care less if Baloon Fighter is there or not. Never really like BF that much), but if there isn't a base, you're right. Not much can be done.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'd better just post my list.
Mario:
1. Mario (1)
2. Bowser (1)
3. Peach (1)
4. Luigi (1)
5. Bowser Jr. (1)
6. Paper Mario (1)

LoZ:
1. Link (1)
2. Zelda (1)
3. Ganondorf (1)
4. WW Link (1)
5. Wolf Link/Midna (1)

Pokemon:
1. Pikachu (1)
2. Pokemon Trainer (3)
3. Jigglypuff (1)
4. Meowth (1)
5. Lucario (1)

Star Fox:
1. Fox (1)
2. Krystal (1)
3. Wolf (1/3)

Metroid:
1. Samus (1)
2. ZSS (1)
3. Ridley (1)

Kirby:
1. Kirby (1)
2. Metaknight (1)
3. King Dedede (1)

Fire Emblem:
1. Ike (1)
2. Black Knight (1/3)

Earthbound:
1. Lucas (NESS CLONE, 1/3)

DK:
1. Donkey Kong (1)
2. Diddy Kong (1)

F-Zero:
1. Captain Falcon (1)

Yoshi:
1. Yoshi (1)

WarioWare:
1. Wario (1)

Kid Icarus:
1. Pit (1)

Pikmin:
1. Captain Olimar (1)

Ice Climbers:
1. Nana&Popo (1)

Balloon Fighter:
1. Balloon Fighter (1)

Sonic:
1. Sonic (1)

Metal Gear:
1. Solid Snake (1)

That's my 40 right now. I was going to axe Midna, but it just felt wrong. I wanted to put in another Fire Emblem character, but I had no room, as I will predict Paper Mario right up until the day he's deconfirmed (let us hope that day never comes).
Since Lucas will have basically the same moveset as Ness, he's considered a clone here.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
he...i had charizard on my list orignally, and i excluded deoxys and gorah. and munchlax. and lyn. and i put ike and diddy, but those are shoe ins. i also have yl, pichu, and doc being the only characters cut.
Good on ya, I had Charizard too *salutes*
the only difference between our predictions is I cut Roy too. And YL moved to CSL right?
I never liked deoxys or munchs chances and there are probably better than lyn but she would've been nice. Ike and Diddy were on my list *checks sig* yep.

Who's gorah?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I have a personal dislike of Megaman, and own both Paper Mario 2 and Super Paper Mario.
I guess you could say I'm a little biased.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Good on ya, I had Charizard too *salutes*
the only difference between our predictions is I cut Roy too. And YL moved to CSL right?
I never liked deoxys or munchs chances and there are probably better than lyn but she would've been nice. Ike and Diddy were on my list *checks sig* yep.

Who's gorah?
i cut roy, and NO Cell shaded/WW LINK. i hate having 2 of the same characters, hence the removal of doc and yl. (they were fillers anyway) i also dislike bowser jr, but i have to admit his chances are starting to look good. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105100
check it out, post if you like.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
i cut roy, and NO Cell shaded/WW LINK. i hate having 2 of the same characters, hence the removal of doc and yl. (they were fillers anyway) i also dislike bowser jr, but i have to admit his chances are starting to look good. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=105100
check it out, post if you like.
O yhea two people who live in two different dimensions with different personalities are exactly the same...

O no wait they both wear a green hat so they MUST be the exact same person.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
1.) Mario
2.) Pikachu
3.) Kirby
4.) Link
5.) Wario
6.) Pit
7.) Meta-Knight
8.) Samus/Zamus
9.) Fox
10.) Solid Snake
11.) Yoshi
12.) Donkey Kong
13.) Ness
14.) Capt. Falcon
15.) Zelda
16.) Peach
17.) Luigi
18.) Bowser
19.) Jigglypuff
20.) Marth
21.) Mewtwo
22.) Ice Climbers
23.) Ganondorf
24.) Zant
25.) Falco
26.) Wolf
27.) Megaman
28.) Sonic
29.) Mr. Game & Watch
30.) Midna
31.) Toad
32.) Paper Mario
33.) Geno
34.) Diddy Kong
35.) Ridley
36.) Mii

Really, I don't see there being more than 3 Pokemon representatives. Third parties being Geno, Megaman, and Sonic seems pretty standard as they are the frontrunners. I'm still not too keen on Ridley, but it's the closest thing to a Samus rival there is. I also highly doubt there'd be a Wolf Link or Celshaded Link or whatever. Also, I've seen rosters upwards of fifty characters. I just honestly don't see that happening. Removals are Pichu, Doc, Roy, and Young Link. Again, not exactly a dream roster as I want them all back (Okay, maybe not Young Link), but this looks about as realistic as I'm seeing it. MAYBE one other Pokemon, but as I don't know them that well, I can't add one.

EDIT: Justification for Paper Mario: I don't really care one way or the other if Paper Mario is in there, but Paper Mario Wii looks to be a huge release for the Wii, so I think it would only be natural for Nintendo to want to throw him in.
Well... I justify my January predictions by saying that I allowed room for PT, totally believed G&W and IC would be back, and called Diddy. Ike? Yeah. Screw that, I would not have seen that coming. No offense, Wiseguy, but this list did better than yours.

If I were to edit it now, I'd stick with my four eliminations, and kick Paper Mario, Zant, Toad and Geno. I dunno what I was smoking. I'd say Zant and Paper Mario would be ATs (Back in my day we didn't HAVE ATs.). I'm really tempted to replace Ness with Lucas, but I remember that article,

http://www.nintendorevolution.ca/07...id_icarus_and_earthbound_games_still_possible

that hinted that Ness was in. But Mii is staying! And I'll call Dedede as well. Thank you, Wiseguy. I agree at least with that prediction.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
That never hinted that Ness was in really just Miyamoto never denied it.
Exactly. Knowing how Sakurai mindgames, I take an absense of denial as a confirmation. Unless he expected us to receive it that way, in which case he could totally out mindgame many people. But I don't think that's how it is. I think absense of denial is semi-confirmation.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Chidosengan- you took my Micaiah SSBB signature thingie!
Awesome man. :) I didn't even realize you could do that at first and I was like "did I create something that looks almost exactly like something that already existed?" Hah.
(I thought I had to post the location for people to use it.)

Also, if any of you steal my uber-retarted ones, I might crack my head against a wall.
They're meant to be horrendously stupid. It's satire of the ridiculous support lists. So please only support Micaiah.

And Issac now that I've adopted his icon-thingie. (What are those called?)
Of course I took your Icon-thingie, it's the only Micaiah one I could find in the internet (literally, I searched), let alone I don't know how to make my own :(. I support Micaiah, just wished she had more chances and support.

Micaiah, Ray, and Isaac for Brawl!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Exactly. Knowing how Sakurai mindgames, I take an absense of denial as a confirmation. Unless he expected us to receive it that way, in which case he could totally out mindgame many people. But I don't think that's how it is. I think absense of denial is semi-confirmation.
I wouldn't say that... What would be true mindgaming is actually putting in Ness, since most people (not me... XD), are convinced that he's not returning.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
1. Issac or Isaac, it's spelt differently on your sig than post.

2. I'd like Lucas and Claus but Ness deserves it too, 3 reps please *SAKURAI!*

3. I want to see a Ray MS.

4. Micaiah has to be in.

5. I can't load that page samusrules o_O?

6. You can't have Snake, Sonic, Megaman and Geno, only 3 so yeah, you need to update that.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Smashboards is being a butthole again for me.

Well, Technically wasn't it it Pico's CAR that crashed? Then isn't it actually the car that deserves the credit?
Oh dear god...... Who drove the car?

And just to be clear: this was in F-Zero GX, right?
It was revealed that this happened in GX but chronologically it happened around the time of the first game.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Isaac is the true spelling. I have no idea why it's spelled wrong in the signature thing, but it seems to be a common mispelling for some reason. -_-

I'm a bit too lazy to go and make a new one with it spelled right, lol.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Well I predicted the Ice Climber's return myself, and I'm glad they did.

However, some things just can't be predicted... like Pokemon Trainer.
I said I could see Red working. I wasn't sure exactly how, but I said I could see it. Plus, there are plenty of people who wanted Charizard, Squirtle, and/or some form of Bulbasaur, but the idea was that none of the starters could be included without the others, which was true. The three-in-one character, no one saw coming, true, but that Red working as a character was foreseen.

and pieman, why is the balloon not a good weapon? G@W uses a parachute.
Pokemon are hard to predict since there are so many of them, but I did have M2 and Jiggs returning and Deoxys, Munchlax, and Lyn out. Goroh I had in originally, but that was because, at the time, I thought he was the most likely FZ character, but that is yet to be seen if Falcon will be solo.

I had Pichu, Doc, and Roy as the only ones cut, and possibly YL.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Actually, the person who mentioned Sakurai saying Balloon Fighter cant fight is right. In the Japanese Melee site, it says that Ice Climbers fought a few other retros for a place in Melee. Balloon Fighter was one of them, and I believe Mach Rider or Little Mac was another. Sakurai and co. ruled that Balloon Fighter couldnt do much without his balloons, and I forgot the reasoning for the other retro(s). Someone translated this, so it would be cool if someone could again for the sake of everyone here.

So yeah, Balloon Fighter is indeed unlikely in my eyes, and he was never in the Melee Beta for anyone who is wondering...

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Isaac is the true spelling. I have no idea why it's spelled wrong in the signature thing, but it seems to be a common mispelling for some reason. -_-

I'm a bit too lazy to go and make a new one with it spelled right, lol.
I altered the spelling of it, so feel free to take it from me.

-------------------------------------------

Alright, with this roster, I've set aside my dreams and based it purely on prediction:
Mario: (4)
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Boswer Jr.

Mario spinoffs: (2)
Wario, Yoshi

Zelda: (5)
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link, Vaati

Pokemon: (6)
Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff

Metroid: (3)
Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley

Kirby: (3)
Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede

Starfox: (3)
Fox, Falco, Krystal

Donkey Kong: (2)
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem: (3)
Ike, Micaiah, Marth

Other: (4)
Captain Falcon, Ness/Lucas, Olimar, Geno, Issac, Mii.

Retro: (3)
Pit, Takamaru, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch

Third-party: (2)
Snake, Sonic, Megaman

= 40

Okay, the only character that is more a "hopeful" than a prediction is Micaiah, but I thought she had a better chance over Geno (only a hardcore fanbase and for them it would be too good to be true), Mii (tacky and might complicate character selection a little), Megaman (lost to new generations), Vaati (eh...), Bowser Jr. (overpopulation of Mario universe and too common due to a rumor), or an additional Pokemon (Mewtwo).
There was a hefty amount of pessimism used to create this, which, in my pessimistic state, makes it seem much more likely than any roster I've posted before.

Anyway, as the game gets closer to being released, the amount we can predict is dwindling.
As it stands right now, half the roster is set in stone. I advise future roster posters to color code their predictions so they are faster to read. No one really wants to read the whole Mario series every time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Incidentally, no one will want to read the following, so don't. SKIM IT:
Confirmed characters:
Veterans: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ice Climbers (12)

Newcomers: Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake (8, if you are counting Pokemon Trainer as 3- 10)

Non-confirmed veterans: Doctor Mario, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Ness, Young Link, Pichu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Roy, and Sheik. (14)

Out of those, who will return: Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, and Ness (/Lucas). These four are practically indisputable.

Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, and Sheik all have unique move sets, which gives them a pretty good chance at returning.

Falco and Young Link are disputable due to non-unique move sets, but are still loved by many.

That cuts Doctor Mario (to become alt costume), Pichu, and Roy (alt costume), which nearly everyone will agree on.

Ganondorf and Young Link will be completely recreated. Falco might be. Ness might be replaced with Lucas, but would likely not have a drastic set change due to it already being so unique.

Therefore, my prediction of returning veterans: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ice Climbers, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Ness (/Lucas), Young Link (/WW Link), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, and Sheik (23)

add in the newcomers: Mario, Link, Kirby, Pikachu, Fox, Samus, Zelda, Bowser, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Peach, Ice Climbers, Luigi, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Falco, Ness (/Lucas), Young Link (/WW Link), Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, Sheik, Pit, Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Ike, Pokemon Trainer, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight, Snake (31 (or 33=Trainer))

which really only leaves us with 7-9 spots for characters to predict. Unless you're going to predict less returning veterans.

The rabid fans of various franchises most commonly pick: Sonic, Lucario, Ridley, King Dedede, Krystal, Olimar, and Isaac.

Personally I cannot see Pokemon having Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario, so I think either Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, or Lucario will not be in.
I'm guessing Mewtwo.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Pokemon are hard to predict since there are so many of them, but I did have M2 and Jiggs returning and Deoxys, Munchlax, and Lyn out. Goroh I had in originally, but that was because, at the time, I thought he was the most likely FZ character, but that is yet to be seen if Falcon will be solo.

I had Pichu, Doc, and Roy as the only ones cut, and possibly YL.
i see we agree on many fronts then. although i was just putting down what seemed logical to me, and that was before getting influenced by the boards. although, i have switched marth and roy, now roy getting cut. that was from this thread here. and i added the black knight.

cloudz

Smash Journeyman
Comments: Same deal. The Ice Climbers may have been important back in the day and they brought originality to the Smash Bros roster, but it is time to move on. A new line up of obscure-but-cool characters (like Pit and Olimar) should and will take their place.

wrongg!!!!!

DJ Napps

Smash Journeyman
3) Ice Climbers:
http://dorando.emuverse.com/images/ice-climber_02.png
The real reason there hasn't been a new Ice Climbers game: the once happy couple
are wrapped up in a messy divorce.

Comments: Same deal. The Ice Climbers may have been important back in the day and they brought originality to the Smash Bros roster, but it is time to move on. A new line up of obscure-but-cool characters (like Pit and Olimar) should and will take their place.
Tee-hee.

So sorry my dude, this one wasnt in your favor.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
1. The Ice Climbers are full of what you call "coolness", I don't know why you'd want them to leave. And if Pit and Olimar (Pits retro too though, I'm sure you mean new to ssb) are cool too, then they will be included too. Maybe we should stop hoping for Ridley because he might take Isaacs spot? At least that's a similar senario, Ridley's old and unique. Who needs cool characters though o_0

2. Baloon Fighter not being able to fight? I'd like very much indeed to see the quote that Saki or whoever made about this case. And what the hell would Baloon Fighter fight with his baloons for? It's not like he doesn't have hands and feet! How about headbutting? Everyone does it! Super Smash Bros involves lots of "air combat" and what does BF do best? Oh yeah...fights in the air. How about giving Jiggs some competition up there? BF and Pit vs Jiggs and MK. Retro vs Modern! If you don't like BF for some reason, just say it, cause he deserves it and can be in just as much as the next!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm, it seems like lately that I've been accused of not liking the character that I am arguing against. I merely just realize that they are not going to get in is all. Sakurai stated that he thinks that Balloon Fighter can't fight in the Ice Climber profile of the Japanese Melee site. But really, you need more than headbutts and flapping arms to get in, you should know that full well. If there's one out there, show me a good moveset for the guy and maybe I'll reconsider.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I could actually see the Balloon Fighter to be really unique. His fighting shouldn't be a problem, as he's able to have the normal kicks and punches. His B could be the usage of a pea-shooter that shoots rapidly, his Up+B would obviously being able to float up in the air similar to Jigglypuff and Kirby, except being able to kinda glide down like Meta-Knight or slowly ascend down unlike Kirby and Jigglypuff. And maybe Sakurai could make some aspect to him that makes him unique, like, for example, say characters have the ability to pop his balloons if they hit them (which wouldn't always happen if you hit him, you'd have to probably jump up and hit them specifically), but doing so could make him angry as he can't fly anyone, so he goes on a berserk rampage (basically a high stat boost) for a while 'til some machine in his backpack that holds the balloons slowly blows up two balloons for him to use again, making him happy and content now.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Stuff in that tinted colour are purely ClarkJables
The rest I erased and rerote. Balloon Static was Ball Lighting and quite a bit different but I like this way better. MS curtisy of Jabes

Balloon fighter moveset-

stats-
weight- 3/5
power- 2.5/5
speed- 3.5/5
defense- 3.5/5

jump- balloon fighter has 6 large floating jumps (as large as Jiggs first float, each can be short hopped in mid-air though) after 1 standard jump.

B moves-

B- Balloon Static
- Basically this works as sort of an air mine. When summoned it remains stationary in the air until an opponent approaches Zeldas Narus Love range), it then homes in on said opponent and does not stop following him until it makes contact. When it makes contact it does 8-10% damage and does medium knockback. If caught with the edge of it bursting. only 3% and stuned. 2 Balloons are allowed on the field at the same time.

B>- Human Cannon
- Curls up in a ball and pops the bottom of his balloons at once. He sins in a ball far forward. It he is on the ground, he will roll a ways before he gets back up.

BV- Fish of doom, balloon fighter throws a large fish onto the stage. the fish then flops around, causing knockup similar to DK's VB, and doing 5% damage to anyone who lands on the fish. the fish stays on the arena until knocked off. the fish can be knocked off by repeatadly throwing items or projectiles at it, it has the same weight as bowser.

Ball Blast
- Pumps a Balloon while holding it. Can direct where he wants it to be around him. He can run as he holds it infront of him and can jump only once (no floating). It explodes when released or he can charge it to explode for 2 seconds. He with be pushed back alot when it explodes but this move has no lag and is good for starting combos at low % and KOing at high %. The balloon becomes as large as him and has a large hitbox when fully charged.

B^- Earlier I would have said Triple Dash lol. Seriously, that would be perfect or something like it. Now possibly...an irradict release of air and he flies rapidly smacking everything. lol

A moves-
for the majority of balloon fighters a moves he uses something he calls " the pin". it is a silver stick sharpened at the end resembling a simple spear. it is the size of a yard stick. this is of course in proportion to BF's size. i will post them more in detail later

Arteen

Smash Lord
Let's take a look at my list from 06-01-2007, now updated!
Additions are in yellow
Removals are in orange
Confirms are in light blue
Confirms/Additions are in light green

(4) Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

(1) Yoshi Series
Yoshi

(1) Wario Series
Wario

(2) Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

(5) Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
+Shiek
Ganondorf
WW Link

(2) (3) Starfox Series
Fox
Falco or Wolf
Krystal

(4) (7) Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario or other Pokemon
PT's Charizard
+Squirtle
+Ivysaur

(2) (3) Fire Emblem Series
Marth or Marth-esque character
Some other FE character
Ike

(3) Metroid Series
Samus
+Zamus
Ridley

(1) F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon

(1) Earthbound
Ness or Lucas

(1) Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

(1) Game & Watch Series
Mr. Game & Watch

(3) Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

(1) Kid Icarus Series
Pit

(1) Pikmin Series
Captain Olimar

(1) Golden Sun Series
Isaac or Felix

(1) Other
Mii

(3) Third-Party Series
Solid Snake
Megaman
Sonic

My roster is still basically the same, but it now comes out at 42 characters (counting transformations, ignoring the clone rule) and 39 slots. I added Pokemon Trainer; I added Ike and updated my FE rep count from 2 to 3; I added Krystal; I'm more lax on allowing Lucas over Ness; I clarified that I solely expect Isaac, instead of Isaac or Felix; I clarified that I solely expect Falco, instead of Falco or Wolf; I was lax on the Pokemon and just expect another Pokemon to appear alongside the others, be it Lucario or any other.

Other than not predicting Pokemon Trainer, my roster hasn't been disproven yet! Say, Wiseguy, how has yours fared? ;)

Conker1

Smash Ace
Aw.. come on. Give him a break.

One can't be right with all of their character predictions. Sakurai is way too unpredictable.
I've supported everyone that's been confirmed.

Check the 4th page of the original Pokemon Trainer topic, I supported him too.

I'm sure I won't be completely correct, but it isn't hard to guess that the Ice Climbers were returning and that Munchlax wasn't going to be playable.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
WiseGuy predictions are lame.

His predictions on characters that he got right are really predictable, anyone could predict the ones he got right. He was completely wrong on the Ice Climbers because he really hasnt done much research. It'd be a waste to get rid of an original moveset.

"Comments: Same deal. The Ice Climbers may have been important back in the day and they brought originality to the Smash Bros roster, but it is time to move on. A new line up of obscure-but-cool characters (like Pit and Olimar) should and will take their place."

The problem i have with the statement above is that you stated it as a fact. The Ice Climbers were important back in the day and it'd be a poor choice for Sakarai not to include retro characters which have made Nintendo what it is today.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Let's take a look at my list from 06-01-2007, now updated!
Additions are in yellow
Removals are in orange
Confirms are in light blue
Confirms/Additions are in light green

(4) Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser

(1) Yoshi Series
Yoshi

(1) Wario Series
Wario

(2) Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

(5) Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
+Shiek
Ganondorf
WW Link

(2) (3) Starfox Series
Fox
Falco or Wolf
Krystal

(4) (7) Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario or other Pokemon
PT's Charizard
+Squirtle
+Ivysaur

(2) (3) Fire Emblem Series
Marth or Marth-esque character
Some other FE character
Ike

(3) Metroid Series
Samus
+Zamus
Ridley

(1) F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon

(1) Earthbound
Ness or Lucas

(1) Ice Climber
Ice Climbers

(1) Game & Watch Series
Mr. Game & Watch

(3) Kirby Series
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

(1) Kid Icarus Series
Pit

(1) Pikmin Series
Captain Olimar

(1) Golden Sun Series
Isaac or Felix

(1) Other
Mii

(3) Third-Party Series
Solid Snake
Megaman
Sonic

My roster is still basically the same, but it now comes out at 42 characters (counting transformations, ignoring the clone rule) and 39 slots. I added Pokemon Trainer; I added Ike and updated my FE rep count from 2 to 3; I added Krystal; I'm more lax on allowing Lucas over Ness; I clarified that I solely expect Isaac, instead of Isaac or Felix; I clarified that I solely expect Falco, instead of Falco or Wolf; I was lax on the Pokemon and just expect another Pokemon to appear alongside the others, be it Lucario or any other.

Other than not predicting Pokemon Trainer, my roster hasn't been disproven yet! Say, Wiseguy, how has yours fared? ;)
Which is exactly like my list, with the addition of Mii, Megaman, and Mewtwo, which makes it 43 characters. Mine does not have those three making it 40 (because I cut them to make it 40).
Really- you could have just added to mine. It was only on the page before.
You may have posted this beforehand, but the alterations you made made it more or less exactly the same.

Which I suppose means we agree.

In the post I linked, I made a point of how for sane people there are only around 7-9 characters to really predict. Then I listed them.
I think I basically pinned it, except Micaiah. So if you're going to predict a roster that you want to prove your awesomeness by, you're going to have to make more solid choices rather than flimsy addendums. There simply aren't that many possibilities left, which will only make you win due to loopholes. So solidify it a bit, then you can really be put to the test. That's what Wiseguy's been doing, which is why he's been wrong. Not putting yourself in danger is basically the same as not fighting at all, so stop gloating.
Man, this is unusually harsh for me -so I apologize- but it's true.

Had you posted the original without changes maybe I'd be more impressed.

After all, you didn't list characters you didn't think would be in, which makes you easier to prove wrong way faster, and you simply added Ike and Pokemon Trainer when they were revealed, somehow not counting this as being disproven? You cannot prove the nonexistence of something- (unless as an AT) until the game is out, so if you're allowed to add when you want and you aren't listing your doubts, you have an unfair advantage.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
His predictions on characters that he got right are really predictable, anyone could predict the ones he got right. He was completely wrong on the Ice Climbers because he really hasnt done much research. It'd be a waste to get rid of an original moveset.

"Comments: Same deal. The Ice Climbers may have been important back in the day and they brought originality to the Smash Bros roster, but it is time to move on. A new line up of obscure-but-cool characters (like Pit and Olimar) should and will take their place."

The problem i have with the statement above is that you stated it as a fact. The Ice Climbers were important back in the day and it'd be a poor choice for Sakarai not to include retro characters which have made Nintendo what it is today.
Well, it ain't like he's rubbing it in anybody's face. Unless you misconstrue Wiseguy's confirmation comments as snide, snooty, and patronizing....then you're just being sensitive.

And his comment about the Ice Climbers...? Hell, I was under that exact same impression until Nana and Popo were smiling happily at me through my compy's monitor. I loved the Ice Climbers (they were my second main in Melee) but I also felt that they were just so obscure and out there that Sakurai and Company would omit them for the third installment of the Smash franchise. I mean, check it: Sakurai himself mentioned that he wanted throw in characters that appeal to a broader audience and are more mainstream, not just characters that would appeal to a handful and a particular niche. The Ice Climbers are not exactly what you would call mainstream, DarkKry4 (and even your research could vouch for that fact). Even avid gamers (like myself) weren't aware of their existence up until Melee.

Oh. And about this:

DarkKry4 said:
WiseGuy predictions are lame.
Yes. And you expected Pokemon Trainer to be playable too, right? I'm sure you predicted that one. Look, it's just speculation on all of our parts. Rather than phrase it like this, try and be a little more eloquent. Okay? Start giving reasons as to why his character list is so predictable.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seriously, stop being idiots, solely because you got one character prediction right. No one gives a f*** if you're right or wrong. Stop insulting Wiseguy, and stop being smart a** know it alls. Seriously, none of you saw Pokémon Trainer coming in the way it was [anyone who says they saw it EXACTLY THAT WAY is lying], so shut your traps. There is really no difrrence between some of you and some of the spammers and flammers on Nsider forums, now is there=??? So....SHUT UP, stop bragging, and stop being so full of yourselves. As far as we know, Waddle Dees will be in Brawl, while King Dedede won't be in Brawl, Sonic, Megaman, and Geno won't be the 3rd party characters=they'll be some obscure characters most of us never heard of, and Ridley's final smash will be based off something from Dance Dance Revolution.

:laugh:

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Seriously, stop being idiots, solely because you got one character prediction right. No one gives a f*** if you're right or wrong. Stop insulting Wiseguy, and stop being smart a** know it alls. Seriously, none of you saw Pokémon Trainer coming in the way it was [anyone who says they saw it EXACTLY THAT WAY is lying], so shut your traps. There is really no difrrence between some of you and some of the spammers and flammers on Nsider forums, now is there=??? So....SHUT UP, stop bragging, and stop being so full of yourselves. As far as we know, Waddle Dees will be in Brawl, while King Dedede won't be in Brawl, Sonic, Megaman, and Geno won't be the 3rd party characters=they'll be some obscure characters most of us never heard of, and Ridley's final smash will be based off something from Dance Dance Revolution.

:laugh:
XD Waddle dee for Brawl!

But about your 3rd party character WG i would say that Mega Man is more likely than Simon Belmont because giving one third party 2 characters in what is arguably their biggest and most hyped game ever isn't going to bode well for their future relation ship with Capcom seeing as they have had such a good one in the past.

Top Bottom