• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Holy Crap.

Just Holy F$%@N' Crap

The ICE CLIMBERS!?

Wisey, You're getting hit from left to right. Perhaps You shold Say: Prepare To Possibly be Amazed and Astounded: Wiseguy's Brawl Predictions: We're Right 45% of the Time!

But Seriously, ICE CLIMBERS!? What's next, Pichu!? Sakurai, you are a senile old man. Although I liked them in Melee, why are they back!? It Astounds me! Looks like You'll have to change your list again I pity you, but most of all, I pity the person who had to be replaced by Ice Climbers. Sakurai, If Olimar is being replaced by these chumps, I'll MURDERLISE YOU!! I'LL SOCK 'IM!! I'LL TAKE MY COPY OF BRAWL AND USE IT AS AMMO FOR THE BULLETS I'LL SHOOT AT 'IM!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Holy Crap.

Just Holy F$%@N' Crap

The ICE CLIMBERS!?

Wisey, You're getting hit from left to right. Perhaps You shold Say: Prepare To Possibly be Amazed and Astounded: Wiseguy's Brawl Predictions: We're Right 45% of the Time!

But Seriously, ICE CLIMBERS!? What's next, Pichu!? Sakurai, you are a senile old man. Although I liked them in Melee, why are they back!? It Astounds me! Looks like You'll have to change your list again I pity you, but most of all, I pity the person who had to be replaced by Ice Climbers. Sakurai, If Olimar is being replaced by these chumps, I'll MURDERLISE YOU!! I'LL SOCK 'IM!! I'LL TAKE MY COPY OF BRAWL AND USE IT AS AMMO FOR THE BULLETS I'LL SHOOT AT 'IM!!!

'Nuff said.
Why would Olimer be replaced by the Ice Climbers when they are a returning Vet?

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I predict over 40, no more than 50. Remember the odd "Nintendo Fun Fact-Sheet" that showed up on the nintendrone blog during E3?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/#cmts

Well, everything it says on there has been shown to be correct - see for yourselves regarding MP 3: Corruption for example! Also, it said there would be many control options for Brawl, and this was on May 20th, before smashbros.com showed this off!
I am not sure whether all that will be true (after all, anything not out of Dojo is suspect for me, I'm jaded like that), but I saw a lot of nice things there. Having character intros again would be awesome. Let's hope the guy is right.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Oh dear, Wiseguy. Not only have the Ice Climbers been confirmed but according to the icon theory, there's a spot between Fire Emblem and Ice Climbers that's a perfect fit for G&W too.

I hope for your sake Shiek isn't the next character to be confirmed.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wiseguy, I love coming by and telling you that your list is again wrong and that you should have listened to me...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
My poor, poor list has taken quite a beating. Who's next? G&W? Marth? Or even (*shudders*) Sheik?

My list requires a MAJOR revision, no doubt about it. Maybe this time I'll have more luck.

Congrats to eveyone who saw this one coming. I was clearly mistaken. BIG time.

Also, I've included links to Odin's and Chidosengan's movesets as well as the three Ridley ones.

I don't get what you are saying here. If a character triggers an event than of course that character is just as important as that event. Also Blood Falcon was not the only thing that happened in that crash. F-Zero was shut down for four years while they made it safer for the pilots and Mighty Gazzele may or may not have been made into a cyborg because of it.
Well, Technically wasn't it it Pico's CAR that crashed? Then isn't it actually the car that deserves the credit?

And just to be clear: this was in F-Zero GX, right?

Wiseguy, this is the rundown of your roster idea:

While obviously our lists conflict here and there, I've realized a much bigger problem for both of our lists. Mathematically a roster 40 characters big seems perfectly doable. You take the characters from Melee (26), subtract the characters from SSB64 (12), and get the amount they added: 14. Add that to Melee's roster and we have 40 easy, and with the larger development team they can probably even do away with most clones and still get away with 40.
The roster size isn't the problem: the amount of newcomers both of us want might be.
Highlighted in your roster are all the new, original characters you want: 25. Add your clones and you want 28 new characters. (I took it for granted Lucas would be just like Ness).

My roster was in the same predicament:

That's 26 newcomers in my roster.
I think in our desires to trim the fat and make Brawl a different game than Melee, we booted too many characters in exchange for new ones. Unfortunately I don't think the numbers favor as many as 40 characters if we're going to kick so many out or completely revise them (Ganondorf and WW Link).
We may have come up with a couple of awesome rosters, but for the sake of reality, I think we should either narrow down the characters or replace some of our desired characters with veterans.
Right now I have 16-17 Veterans returning. You have 15. Don't you think that's a bit low?

...not to mention that 5 third-party characters is probably pushing it.
And please don't correct the spelling for Meatknight- it's too funny.
Yesterday, I would have disagreed. Today... I think you're proabably onto something. I think ICs are a clear indication that we're going to see more newcomers than we previously thought.

AT any rate, I'll give your suggestion some thought as I rework my list.

Wiseguy.. I'm intriqued as to who this Meatknight is.. do tell.
I predict over 40, no more than 50. Remember the odd "Nintendo Fun Fact-Sheet" that showed up on the nintendrone blog during E3?

http://nintendrone.blog.com/1780019/#cmts

Well, everything it says on there has been shown to be correct - see for yourselves regarding MP 3: Corruption for example! Also, it said there would be many control options for Brawl, and this was on May 20th, before smashbros.com showed this off!
That sourse says that motion controls won't be used. This is flase, since you can use the Wii controller to play the game. That pretty much destroys it's credibility.

LinkGadra

Smash Apprentice
That sourse says that motion controls won't be used. This is flase, since you can use the Wii controller to play the game. That pretty much destroys it's credibility.
You can use the Wii-motes without motion control. Just look at the large number of NES/TurboGraphix/Genesis games on the VC. Even Mario Party has games where you don't use the motion control aspect of the Wii-mote.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My poor, poor list has taken quite a beating. Who's next? G&W? Marth? Or even (*shudders*) Sheik?

My list requires a MAJOR revision, no doubt about it. Maybe this time I'll have more luck.

Congrats to eveyone who saw this one coming. I was clearly mistaken. BIG time.

Also, I've included links to Odin's and Chidosengan's movesets as well as the three Ridley ones.

Well, Technically wasn't it it Pico's CAR that crashed? Then isn't it actually the car that deserves the credit?

And just to be clear: this was in F-Zero GX, right?

Yesterday, I would have disagreed. Today... I think you're proabably onto something. I think ICs are a clear indication that we're going to see more newcomers than we previously thought.

AT any rate, I'll give your suggestion some thought as I rework my list.

Yes, the Wii controller can be used...but NOT the motion controls

Anyway....GAME & WATCH is practically confirmed!!! ...according to the icon theory...which has yet to be wrong

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sweet! The most unique characters from Melee are back! The doubters are wrong! This was a nice end to "deconfirmation week." So much for the "they're not important so it's time to move on" theory, eh?

I still stand by my claim that all unique movesets will return, and that includes Sheik, G&W, Mewtwo, Jiggly, Falcon and Marth/clone. I do expect all of them to return. It's a risky proposition, but it's not like Wiseguy's getting them right either. ;)

You can use the Wii-motes without motion control.
I think it's likely that minimal use of motion controls will be used in the Wiimote-only setup. I don't think there is any way to implement movement, jumping,, A/B attacks, shielding, and grabbing with only buttons without it feeling impractical and inefficient. Still, I'm glad motion-control isn't being outright forced. Not every game needs waggle control.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Today's update WAS a deconfirmation: a deconfirmation of that tired rumor that Ridley, Celda Link, and (someone else) were replacing Ice Climbers, G&W, and (someone else). =)

I think Sakurai needs to stop updating for Wiseguy's sake. :ohwell: List revision time = Sukapon!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Holy Crap.

Just Holy F$%@N' Crap

The ICE CLIMBERS!?

'Nuff said.
I hate how people assume that Pichu will be returning because of this... Pichu was a useless filler character! Ice Climbers where obviously NOT filler characters!

Pichu and Ice Climbers can not be compared! They're deserving of the spot.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I hate how people assume that Pichu will be returning because of this... Pichu was a useless filler character! Ice Climbers where obviously NOT filler characters!

Pichu and Ice Climbers can not be compared! They're deserving of the spot.
yeah, the clones were all rushed in which would explain their non parallel placng lack of question block and cheep apearances (comon when would Sakurai ever think of Pichu as a character?). This game iobviously has had more time and hasn't needed the rush feel Melee had. Good post Andrew14j

the grim lizard

Smash Master
...well, sorry Wisey, but it looks like Sakurai is determined to prove your list wrong no matter what :laugh:. At this rate, expect Marth and Falco as the next character updates.
And M2...:p

Wow. I didn't see today's update coming at all...

I mean WOW.

I'm still in awe about it. I mean... wow.... They look great though! ^ ^

Do you think this alters the chances of Baloon fighter or any other retro NES character?
I did. I said that ICs were the only veteran character yet to be confirmed who have never been unlockable. It was only a matter of time.

I don't think it alters BF's chances, because there is no such thing as chances. I always said I thought there'd be plenty of retros because Sakurai liked him. Wiseguy's the one who said he thought there'd be like one or two.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'd think that we'd get one more retro character (Sans G&W who is also basically confirmed) but I doubt it will be Balloon Fighter. Despite his name, he's not a fighter, and even with a redesign, everything would pretty much have to be made up for him.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
And M2...:p
That would be nice. I want Mewtwo back, and I want him to be made of ownage and pure destruction, as one of the most powerful and ruthless pokémon deserves to be. Hell, we're talking a guy who blew up a top-security lab with a thought simply because he was annoyed. I'd say asking for him to not be completely useless isn't much! Please?

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The problem with the list is that most of the characters you think are out, arent backed up by anything except your own personal opinion.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'd think that we'd get one more retro character (Sans G&W who is also basically confirmed) but I doubt it will be Balloon Fighter. Despite his name, he's not a fighter, and even with a redesign, everything would pretty much have to be made up for him.
They did the same for all the other characters.

Seriously, there's a LOT of characters they've made up moves for.

Peach (in Melee, before any other game she was in), Zelda (never fought, not really), Ice Climbers (a lot of their moves anyway), Game and Watch, the pokemon (proving pokemon shouldn't be limited to only four moves ;)), Captain Falcon; The list goes on.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
^And can u quote the part where is says there wil be MOTION CONTROLS, as opposed to only using the buttons on the Wiimote and nunchuck.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Wow... I didn't notice the that Starfox icon was there... Weird. Meh, it's probably a minor mistake.

Oh and btw, Wiseguy, time for some major editing! Hahaha! :laugh:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, this is one of the biggest character updates in terms of fallout. Only Pokemon Trainer could be said to be more earth-shattering. Well, unless you count Snake.
Anyhoo, Mr. Game and Watch is looking more likely, but I think this may help Balloon Fighter, who has always been a strong retro candidate. So, from now on, Balloon Fighter will be on my roster. I think WolfLink/Midna will have to come off. :(

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I think in our desires to trim the fat and make Brawl a different game than Melee, we booted too many characters in exchange for new ones. Unfortunately I don't think the numbers favor as many as 40 characters if we're going to kick so many out or completely revise them (Ganondorf and WW Link).
We may have come up with a couple of awesome rosters, but for the sake of reality, I think we should either narrow down the characters or replace some of our desired characters with veterans.
Yess! Point swiftly proven! :)

Conker1

Smash Ace
You really need to give up on this whole character list Wiseguy. How many revisions are you gonna have to make?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Am I missing something? Because I don't see how Mr. Game and Watch is "basically confirmed".

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
You really need to give up on this whole character list Wiseguy. How many revisions are you gonna have to make?
NOOOOO!
DO NOT WANT!
This place is the only place for completely reasonable Brawl character discussion. With the Ridley thread full of spam, the Krystal thread full of furries, the Pokemon thread mostly B/L vs. Everyone else/a pointless metagame discussion, and a mod embargo on posting rosters as seperate threads, this thread is a haven, sanctuary from the madness.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
What I don't understand is why Baloon Fighter was ever OUT of anyones list? That's just dumb. Well, even dumber was excluding the IC's lol
They were already a starter for one, like c'mon

To my list, I've added Claus from Mother series. I just found out what significance he has, I'll have to remove someone now though. (BTW my roster is 48)
I may have to remove Ness, but I'm thinking I'll remove Midna as well. Tough choices!
"mid-bottom pg 241 just incase anyones interested)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Aw.. come on. Give him a break.

One can't be right with all of their character predictions. Sakurai is way too unpredictable.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Aw.. come on. Give him a break.

One can't be right with all of their character predictions. Sakurai is way too unpredictable.
That's funny because...so far, every major change Wiseguy has had to make, I've predicted or at least suggested as possible/likely. Yeah...way too unpredictable...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's funny because...so far, every major change Wiseguy has had to make, I've predicted or at least suggested as possible/likely. Yeah...way too unpredictable...
Well I predicted the Ice Climber's return myself, and I'm glad they did.

However, some things just can't be predicted... like Pokemon Trainer.

Arteen

Smash Lord
What I don't understand is why Baloon Fighter was ever OUT of anyones list? That's just dumb. Well, even dumber was excluding the IC's lol
They were already a starter for one, like c'mon
Were they really actually going to be playable in Melee? I've heard this rumor so many times, but I don't recall ever seeing evidence for the claim.

Top Bottom