• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nice. Buy FYI, you should still be able to use your Up-B in your Final Smash, as Power Mega-Man had the flight capabilities as well.

I like, but I don't understand the(I believe) D-Smash that well.

I especially like the taunt.
Think mewtwo's d-smash.

I haven't played 6 in a while, I thought you only wore one or the other. I need to research that a little more.

@O D I N: Nice moveset you got there. Where's the Mega Kick from Mega Man 8 and Mega Man and Bass though? You included X's shoryuken/dragon punch from X1, so why not?
Didn't get that far in Mega Man 8. Youtube link mayhaps?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yhea he is really getting on mine to.

Gotta try and make a nice come back poster... for when i get my new computer.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
ODIN, fantastic moveset! You know what might make it interesting, though? Apply weapon energy to the copied specials: once a character's special is copied, it can only be used a certain amount of times. It'll bring more strategy to the moveset, methinks.

I think I might be thinking of the other Mega-Man combo with Rush. I'll go look it up...
Yeah, you're thinking of the Super Adaptor from MM7. Cheers!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Not so much Yoster's Wiseguy 40 character challenge take 3, consider it version 2.0 remixed. I got the itch to switch a few characters around after some thought and research, and I like the results. I'd consider this list to be just as likely as the original version 2.0, actually. Still 39 originals and 3 clones in all.

If you're wondering who the heck I am and why I'm wasting your time, remember that you don't have to read anything more ;)

If you're only interested in the changes, here they are in short:
- WW Link out, Four Swords Link in (yes, it makes a difference :p).
- Midna w/Wolf Link out, Vaati in (more villains = good).
- Jigglypuff out, Lucario in (my predictions needed at least 1 non-first gen Pokemon)..
- Ness out, Lucas in (heard some buzz that this was pretty likely, plus it opens the door for...)
- The Maked Man (SPOILER aka
Claus
) in, Balloon Fighter out (sorry BF, sad to see you go, but I gotta follow the Wiseguy challenge rules while paying attention to my own crazy choices).

Beside each character's name is a likelyhood of their return:
Confirmed
Excellent
Good
Fair
Poor

Super Mario
-----------
1. Mario - Confirmed (1)
2. Luigi - Excellent (1)
3. Princess Peach - Confirmed (1)
4. Bowser- Confirmed (1)
5. Geno - Good (1)
Yeah yeah, I know Geno is technically a thrid party character, but hey, he was created specifically for the Mario universe, and as far as I'm concerned he can do double duty filling Mario's 5th spot and taking a third party spot.

The Legend of Zelda
-------------------

6. Link (Twilight Princess) - Confirmed (1)
7. Link (Four Swords) - Excellent (1/3)
This seems to be the best way to go as a replacement for Young Link in my book, as I am in the minority who absolutely loved WW's artistic style. Seeing as that style was carried over to a few more LoZ games, it stands out as the primary "other Link" design. Using items from the Minish Cap and the Four Swords games opens up great move Luigifying possibilites, as well as a possible multi-Link Final Smash.
8. Princess Zelda - Confirmed (1)
9. Gannondorf - Excellent (1)
10. Vaati - Fair (1)
The only LoZ villain to appear multiple times other than Gannondorf, Vaati would be a fine fifth LoZ rep. Not only that, but he'd complement the cartoony Four Swords (OK OK, WW) Link. Plus, he'd have wholly unique moveset. I'd like to see his Dark Matter-esque form as his Final Smash, personally.

Pokémon
-------

11. Pikachu - Confirmed (1)
12. Lucario - Excellent (1)
So, in the interest of not having the entire Pokemon roster filled with first gen Pokemon, I've added the fan favorite Lucario as Jigglypuff's replacement. Lucario has the potential to be a very fun character, plus he's popular ATM, which doesn't hurt his chances.
13. Mewtwo - Good (1)
14-16. Pokemon Trainer - Confirmed (3)

Donkey Kong
-----------

17. Donkey Kong - Confirmed (1)
18. Diddy Kong - Confirmed (1)
19. King K. Rool - Fair (1)

Starfox
-------

20. Fox McCloud - Confirmed (1)
21. Krystal - Excellent (1)
22. Wolf O'Donnell - Good (1/3)
In the interest of adding villains to the Brawl roster, I've included fan favorite Wolf over Falco. In order to play by Wiseguy's rules, we'll call Wolf a clone for now.

Kirby
-----

23. Kirby - Confirmed (1)
24. Metaknight - Confirmed (1)
25. King Dedede - Excellent (1)

Metroid
-------

26-27. Samus/Zamus - Confirmed (2)
28. Ridley - Excellent (1)

F-Zero
------

29. Captain Falcon - Excellent (1)

Fire Emblem
-----------

30. Ike - Confirmed (1)
31. The Black Knight - Fair (1/3)
Given my lack of knowledge about the FE series I can't say much, but SSB needs more villains. I'll call BK an Ike clone and move on.

Mother/Earthbound
-----------------

32. Lucas - Excellent (1)
After doing some studying on the Mother series, I've decided that my remix roster could stand some Mother 3 representation. Starting obviously, with Lucas. Really, he could just be Ness with a different skin so far as Brawl is concerned. However, personally my main reason for ditching Ness for Lucas was...
33. The Masked Man, aka (SPOILER)
Claus
- Good (1)
This guy's character design is just plain awesome, and after realizing his importance to the Mother 3 story, I'm completely convinced that he should be in Brawl. Thunder sword + cybernetic arm cannon + jetpack = WIN.

Yoshi
-----

34. Yoshi - Confirmed (1)

Wario
-----

35. Wario - Confirmed (1)

Misc. Nintendo
--------------

36. Pit - Confirmed (1)
37. Captain Olimar - Good (1)
Heck, I just want to see how this could be pulled off at this point.
38. Issac - Fair (1)
Ah, the Golden Sun games were quite solid RPGs, and the Djinni system opens up all sorts of move possibilities for Issac. I'd expect to see swordplay mixed with plenty of earth magic.
39. Ray Mk II - Poor (1)
Given the number of games in the Custom Robo series, I'm betting that Brawl will see a rep. Any iteration of the Ray series Custom Robos would be great IMHO, and it has so many weapons to choose from that a unique moveset is the way to go.
40. Jill - Poor (1)
I'm still sticking to my guns on this one. Drill Dozer's heroine deserves a chance IMHO, and I think Sakurai's just crazy enough to put her in the roster. Though I may have used up my crazy card when I predicted the Pokemon Trainer...

Third Party
-----------

41. Solid Snake - Confirmed (1)
42. Sonic the Hedgehog - Excellent (1)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
XS The ones you took out and the ones you replaced them with... sorry no good at all.

(And add Mega man to that).

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You haven't responded to me on the zelda dimension forums yet.
I know, I know... with classes and work, I've not had a whole lot of time for the internet. I've worked a bit on that Midna thread argument, but that's it. I'll respond to you by tommorow at the latest so help me!

OBJECTION!

I've always wanted to do that.:). The great crash is an incredibly signifigant event in the storyline while the falling rocks level as you described it was just some filler level with no real storyline signifigance.
Ah, but does being involved in a significant event make the character Pico so much more important? It sounds to me that Pico was just a means to introduce Blood Falcon (who was created a result of said crash, right?). So perhaps Pico as a character isn't as important as the event he triggered... Blood Falcon.

They very well could have, but because Pico has someplace other than the anime to draw moves from, (as I said before his home planet is deathwind which means he could have a poisonous gas based moveset) I think his moveset would be much more unique than one that was just made up.
Personally, I prefer the original F-Zero movesets that follow neither ryhmn nor reason. Falcon's moveset, more example, has nothing to do with his game - so the Smash team just focused on making it awesome. If Pico got in, I'd like to see them take a similar route.

Falcon has rivals up the *** ranging from well known ones like Goroh and black shadow to less known ones like Michael Chain and Zoda. Just because he is the most well known rival doesn't make him the most important.
He's the only rival who is also one of the original four, so there is that...

Pokeball Ideas:

Delibird -> Present: Delibird throws two presents, then flies away. Present can either be consumable items which heal you(like eggs, 60%chance), consumable items which do 1-2% damage instead of healing (30% chance), or can be bombs that picked up and thrown at opponents(10%). You won't know until you open them!

Misdreavus -> Pain Split: Misdreavus appears, glows, and then vanishes. All damage is then added up,and devided equally between all players.

Palkia -> Spacial Rend: Palkia shreds a giant hole in the dimensions, then flies away.(I'm talking big, since Palkia is a legendary and all) If a player falls into the hole, they will disappear, then reappear in a random place on the stage. The hole vanishes after a while, though.

Dialga -> Roar of Time: Dialga lets out a loud roar, and you get to watch time rewind, as the match is reset to how it was 10 seconds ago. The actual time in time matches is not affected.

Swellow -> Fly: Swellow flies out of it's Pokeball, then purches itself on any random platform(or just on the ground). You can then jump out swellow's back and fly around through the air. You can jump off with B, speed up with A, and you can control the the general movement of Swellow with the control stick. Swellow flies off screen after 20 seconds, regardless of whether you're still on its back, so be careful!

Dodrio -> Tri-Attack: Dodrio takes one giant leap in the air before falling off stage. (Think Hitmonlee or Scizor). If you get hit by its body or feet, you will recieve minor damage. However, getting hit with one of its three beaks causes high damage and has a 20% of causing one of the following effects:

Freeze (Frozen in a block of ice)
Burn (Luigi's Up-B effect)
Paralyze (Permanent stun. No DI, no second jump, no third jump: nothing until you touch the ground)

I think Isaac would be an awesome addition to brawl. I have an Isaac moveset floating around this thread somewhere..... :( Wiseguy? Would be so kind as to post in on page one, along with the other fine Isaac movesets that were made?
I'd be happy to. Could you tell me what page it's on?

Yes, I have Wolf as a clone on my list...

But I REALLY want Wolf to have a unique, Assault and power based moveset.

So I bring to you...

MY WOLF MOVESET!
Wow! Very well done, sir. I too think that a clone is probably more likely - but that moveset sounds like it would be a blast to play as! (I loved the weapons in Assault.)

However, I think it's worth noting that the reliance on explosives and other heavy artilery could clash with Snake's moveset. So I think we could see some some completely unique moves made for the character - ala Fox and Falcon in Smash 64.

Anyway, I put this in page one, since I'm alcking one for Wolf.

{Megaman moveset}\
I don't know Megaman form Bomberman, but I like some of your ideas - particularily the copying ability. It goes a long ways in making him different from Samus.

Also, that ones on the first page as well.

Wiseguy, I officially love you (not in a gay way) for putting Geno back on the list I think he really deserves it.
No prob. We're overdue for a new retro character so maybe we'll see Geno in this week's character update.

Superb! You've got all the essentials, some nice surprises (Mask Boy and Jill in particular) and, most importantly, Olimar and the Black Knight!

My only qualm is your decision to go with Vaati over Midna, but I can still see the value in including him.

At the risk of being inconsistent (I can't remember what score I gave you last time... :dizzy:) I'll go with a 9.5.

A GENERAL NOTE TO EVERYONE:

If you have a moveset you want on Page 1 (preferably for a character on my list) please let me know. I've seem some great movesets lately, and I think all of them should be on display for posterity. Just give me the page number it's on (or repost it) and I'll try and get around to it ASAP.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
XS The ones you took out and the ones you replaced them with... sorry no good at all.

(And add Mega man to that).
Yeah, I'm not sure which list I like better, honestly. Or which one is more likely in reality :laugh: That's why I called it a remix, I suppose. Both are good, just pick the flavor you like!

And yeah, I'd love to add Mega Man, but that'd put me over the limit, and I'm not willing to sack another Nintendo character (for the sake of Wiseguy's challenge, anyhow). But really, I'd flip out if the Blue Bomber made it into Brawl...Mega Man has been my hero almost as long as Mario has :chuckle: I'd love to support him in the official thread, but it's suffering from a rampaging n00b right now...

Superb! You've got all the essentials, some nice surprises (Mask Boy and Jill in particular) and, most importantly, Olimar and the Black Knight!

My only qualm is your decision to go with Vaati over Midna, but I can still see the value in including him.

At the risk of being inconsistent (I can't remember what score I gave you last time... :dizzy:) I'll go with a 9.5.
Thanks Wiseguy, I always like getting feedback from you and the other regulars in this thread. But like I said to Legolastorm, it's really a remix of my previous prediction; I think the substitutions I made are both equally possible.

Now let's hope Sakurai managed to fit in more than 40 characters so he's not in the same conundrum!

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think if Geno is in, and his rights belong to square, another square character will join him. Just my opinion.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Hello, hello, hello! Well, todays update was... Unique. I like the idea that now you'reable to customise the type of 'Brawl' but, I was just thinking as I looked at the stats rightnext to curry was 'Reflect' Is Fox's Reflector now an item? Perhaps just an addition to the Special Brawl. I presume the 'Clear' next to 'Metal' meant either Invisible or No Effect. This actually confirms a lot of items. Metal Box, Bunny Hood, Both Mushrooms, it goes on and on. I fear that my prediction that after three weeks of awesomeitude we have been cursed with three weeks of 'mehness'

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I know, I know... with classes and work, I've not had a whole lot of time for the internet. I've worked a bit on that Midna thread argument, but that's it. I'll respond to you by tommorow at the latest so help me!
Just make sure the argument is good. I want a challenge.

Ah, but does being involved in a significant event make the character Pico so much more important? It sounds to me that Pico was just a means to introduce Blood Falcon (who was created a result of said crash, right?). So perhaps Pico as a character isn't as important as the event he triggered... Blood Falcon.
I don't get what you are saying here. If a character triggers an event than of course that character is just as important as that event. Also Blood Falcon was not the only thing that happened in that crash. F-Zero was shut down for four years while they made it safer for the pilots and Mighty Gazzele may or may not have been made into a cyborg because of it.

Personally, I prefer the original F-Zero movesets that follow neither ryhmn nor reason. Falcon's moveset, more example, has nothing to do with his game - so the Smash team just focused on making it awesome. If Pico got in, I'd like to see them take a similar route.
But having a character that uses poison would be cool.

He's the only rival who is also one of the original four, so there is that..
Obviously him being in the original four was the only thing making him more important than the other rivals but he still only got in as an AT.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Brawl is now complete!!! this was the last thing i was worried about, my crazy character (charizard) is in, the gamecube controller is available, and now you can change your stamina! sakurai is GOD!!!!!1!111!1one

this game shall last centuries, as special brawl is customizable. i once suggested that you would be able to combine 2 modes, like metal giant melee, but this takes it a leap farther. i shall be addicted for years.

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Yeah, my guess is that "Reflect" is a permanent Franklin Badge. But really, Fox's Reflector and the Franklin Badge do the exact same thing.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
That was pretty much what I had assumed; however, I do wonder what other sorts of "status" items like the Curry will be available. It looks like the mushrooms are classified as their own catagory, so I can't help but think about what other crazy stuff is attainable through there.

From looking on the screens (particularly the last one, if I recall correctly), is that Knuckle Joe in the picture? It's pretty pixelated, but I can't really make it out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
From looking on the screens (particularly the last one, if I recall correctly), is that Knuckle Joe in the picture? It's pretty pixelated, but I can't really make it out.
It is. No hope of an AT being playable, seeing as how he's not "curry powered".

Not to mention it was already said that AT's won't be playable... >_>

EDIT: Random thought.... Giant Melee with Bowser grabbing the Smash Ball...... O_O

Copperpot

Smash Ace
It is. No hope of an AT being playable, seeing as how he's not "curry powered".

Not to mention it was already said that AT's won't be playable... >_>
Well, I know he wouldn't be playable. I was just making sure it was him. ;)

EDIT: Random thought.... Giant Melee with Bowser grabbing the Smash Ball...... O_O
This was actually one of the first thoughts that popped into my head . . . could Bowser Star KO himself by growing so big that he crosses the KO barrier at the top of the stage?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
This mode is great but i always wanted more non-Item effects (Like the gravity and stamina) but Giant,fire,metal,stamina,low gravity,Bunny hood matches FTW! (And speed on fast!).

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
This was actually one of the first thoughts that popped into my head . . . could Bowser Star KO himself by growing so big that he crosses the KO barrier at the top of the stage?
I don't think so. If it's the same as Melee, you have to actually be hit to get Star KOed. That did happen in Smash 64 however, so only time will tell which system Sakurai will use.

Heck, we don't even know if Star KOes are in Brawl at the moment. They haven't shown yet in the updates or in the trailers...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I don't think so. If it's the same as Melee, you have to actually be hit to get Star KOed. That did happen in Smash 64 however, so only time will tell which system Sakurai will use.

Heck, we don't even know if Star KOes are in Brawl at the moment. They haven't shown yet in the updates or in the trailers...
I have reason to believe that they will return. It's been in both games, and I believe in a "How to play" they said knock your opponent in either direction.

Very first "How to play" post, actually. :)

IllidR

Smash Champion

Didn't Mario get star KOed in the Subspace Emissary video with Petey. Although i realize this isn't gameplay it still shows.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Ah, I remember some good times Star KO'ing my friends in "Tiny Melee." The shrunken screams the characters let out as they get belted in the horizon is just plain priceless, especially Link's, Samus', and Kirby's.

Like Odin had already covered, there really isn't a reason to not have them. They're quite possibly the best (point-wise) and funniest way to take someone down.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Didn't Mario get star KOed in the Subspace Emissary video with Petey. Although i realize this isn't gameplay it still shows.
Actually, I think he did. Thanks. :)

Ah, I remember some good times Star KO'ing my friends in "Tiny Melee." The shrunken screams the characters let out as they get belted in the horizon is just plain priceless, especially Link's, Samus', and Kirby's.

Like Odin had already covered, there really isn't a reason to not have them. They're quite possibly the best (point-wise) and funniest way to take someone down.
;) Thank you, sir. I enjoy a good Star KO myself.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Actually, I think he did. Thanks. :)

;) Thank you, sir. I enjoy a good Star KO myself.
So do I. And yes, I remember it said we could get KOed off all 4 sides of the screen. But in actual gameplay, we're yet to see a Star KO. We have seen characters get KOed off the top of the screen, but there was no Star KO, just the usual KO death effect. I think Star KOes will return as well though. We'll just have to see I guess...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
So do I. And yes, I remember it said we could get KOed off all 4 sides of the screen. But in actual gameplay, we're yet to see a Star KO. We have seen characters get KOed off the top of the screen, but there was no Star KO, just the usual KO effect. I think Star KOes will return as well though. We'll just have to see I guess...
Where have we seen KO's off the top? Which trailers specificly?

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Nintendo World trailer, I believe...
:watches trailer on Zune:

Within the first 10-15 seconds (if not less), we see in the fight between Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu, two characters fly towards the top of the screen, killed by a flash KO.

This doesn't deconfirm star KO's though. As was said from the Petey trailer, Mario is 'Star KO'd'. It's possible that at the time of Nintendo World, their build for the game didn't feature the Star KO for technical reasons (rendering, time, animation perhaps).

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot on whether or not Star KO's will be back at this point.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
:watches trailer on Zune:

Within the first 10-15 seconds (if not less), we see in the fight between Mario, Kirby, Link and Pikachu, two characters fly towards the top of the screen, killed by a flash KO.

This doesn't deconfirm star KO's though. As was said from the Petey trailer, Mario is 'Star KO'd'. It's possible that at the time of Nintendo World, their build for the game didn't feature the Star KO for technical reasons (rendering, time, animation perhaps).

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot on whether or not Star KO's will be back at this point.
I completely agree. They probably hadn't implemented them by then. I'm just saying that so far, other than in the Petey vid, there is no confirmation of Star KOes. Just trying to show the facts here...

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I completely agree. They probably hadn't implemented them by then. I'm just saying that so far, other than in the Petey vid, there is no confirmation of Star KOes. Just trying to show the facts here...
That's cool. ;) I was just trying to show some facts to. Logic and research is win my friend. I was just adding my two cents/findings on the matter. :)

Lok

Smash Cadet
But wait, can the Subspace Army even pick up items? I mean, in all the screen shots on the second+ Adventure Mode post I have yet to see them holding an item. Plus, that looked more like a cannon ball than a Star KO.

I'm not denying that they could be in, they were one of my favorite items, just that we've yet to see one in a screen shot/movie.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
But wait, can the Subspace Army even pick up items? I mean, in all the screen shots on the second+ Adventure Mode post I have yet to see them holding an item. Plus, that looked more like a cannon ball than a Star KO.

I'm not denying that they could be in, they were one of my favorite items, just that we've yet to see one in a screen shot/movie.
:confused:

You're gonna have to help me out here buddy. I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Top Bottom