• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
But it doesn't have to be Metroid for the analogy to work. If Diddy were deconfirmed K.Rool's chances would not increase. If Ganaondorf were deconfirmed, Vaati's chances would not increase either. Similarly, I take Goroh's absence as a bad sign for other F-Zero characters in general since he appeared to be the obvious choice (to me, at least.)

O_o

Dude...

That horrid spelling of the Great King of Evil, Ganondorf, isn't even worth a Gannon-ban.

However, I will slap your wrist.

:smack!:

Bad wiseguy!

In regards to F-Zero: What about Jody Summer? Sakurai has wanted more female characters, and while not as popular as Goroh, I think she has a fanbase (my g irlfriend certainly likes using her in the game. Has since the 64 for sure, possibly even on SNES, if she was there). Thoughts? Flames?

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow, Wiseguy...why do you even try with the Pokemon? It seems you change them every other day. Just put M2 and Jiggs back up there and get it over with. You know they're coming back.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In regards to F-Zero: What about Jody Summer? Sakurai has wanted more female characters, and while not as popular as Goroh, I think she has a fanbase (my g irlfriend certainly likes using her in the game. Has since the 64 for sure, possibly even on SNES, if she was there). Thoughts? Flames?
The Sakurai wanting more females thing has been basically debunked. He never really said that, more so that Brawl lacks females. Be that as it is, it's still likely that being a female helps, it's just not as important as people say.

And the problem with Jody is that she also has no moves or abilities to say anything about. Maybe she could be some type of clone of ZSS, but I doubt it. Her importance isn't that much, and she didn't appear in the original F-Zero for the SNES.

Goroh really was the best pick. =/

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The Sakurai wanting more females thing has been basically debunked. He never really said that, more so that Brawl lacks females. Be that as it is, it's still likely that being a female helps, it's just not as important as people say.

And the problem with Jody is that she also has no moves or abilities to say anything about. Maybe she could be some type of clone of ZSS, but I doubt it. Her importance isn't that much, and she didn't appear in the original F-Zero for the SNES.

Goroh really was the best pick. =/
Yeah, Goroh really was the best option.

As for abilities and moves;

Before F-zero for the cube, or hell, even SSB, who was to say what moves Falcon had?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Even more pokeball ideas...

Luxray - Thunder Bite - Luxray locks on to one character and chases them down, not dissappearing until he hits his foe, but not doing damage to others. When he hits, the foe is paralyze for a small amount of time in addition to damage. If he runs off the edge or the foe dies, Luxray dissappears.

Suicune - Surf - Suicune comes out and calls a MASSIVE wave of large(Think Squirtle's waterfall, only WAAAY bigger) water. This only does a little damage and knockback, but does not effect the player and has a "dragging" effect(Dragging characters with the wave for a bit).

Seaking - Horn Drill - Seaking flops around like Goldeen, dealing a massive 30% damage with low knockback.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Dragonite: Outrage:homes in onto a target and bashes them about the screen(normally the person winning)

or
Draco Meteor:Meteors comes crashing down from the sky either dragonite will have this or P/D legs will have this

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Yeah, Goroh really was the best option.

As for abilities and moves;

Before F-zero for the cube, or hell, even SSB, who was to say what moves Falcon had?
None, and that's basically the basis of the argument that anyone can have a moveset. The problem though is that even if its possible, it is still a con if you have nothing. Falcon had a design, and was the main character. Thus, he all that effort was put into him. Jody Summers, and Black Shadow need that same type of effort, but due to their status in the series, and its current lack of support, chances are low. Goroh had a even higher status though than those two, and his samurai abilities (he also knows sumo if GX counts) could have given him a moveset. He was perfect for the second character spot. He's not in though. Thus, F-Zero's not getting anymore. v_v

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I don't really have time to read 200 some odd pages..but I read your first page.
I like your predictions very much. I don't actually consider Pokemon trainer 4 characters though. More like 3 if anything. Since the Trainer doesn't actually fight.
I also think Mewtwo and Jigglypuff should be on there. If anything Mewtwo would be the one replaced, not jiggs. I'd expect a 3rd generation (GBA series) Pokemon along with a fourth gen (DS Series). So someone like Blaziken. Thats me though. I know you aren't into Pokémon, and thats cool. But I am a pokémaniac. I play everyday when I don't have papers or stuff to do for school. So I do think I have some insight. This is of course your prediction thread, so you call the shots, but thats just my two cents.

I have never played an Earthbound game. I look forward to the day when it comes on the Virtual Console. I don't think they'd replace Ness. I think they may add Lucas, but I don't think they'd replace anyone from the first game (Super Smash Bros.). I think they also may add Paula. I've done some research into Earthbound and found that she was the one with the real Psychic power, not Ness.

Also what about Black Shadow from F Zero? Especially since Samurai Goroh is out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
None, and that's basically the basis of the argument that anyone can have a moveset. The problem though is that even if its possible, it is still a con if you have nothing. Falcon had a design, and was the main character. Thus, he all that effort was put into him. Jody Summers, and Black Shadow need that same type of effort, but due to their status in the series, and its current lack of support, chances are low. Goroh had a even higher status though than those two, and his samurai abilities (he also knows sumo if GX counts) could have given him a moveset. He was perfect for the second character spot. He's not in though. Thus, F-Zero's not getting anymore. v_v
I see your point. Win: You.

Though I'd still like to see a rep, and I'll silently support Jody Summers in my quiet corner of the universe, and mourn your loss F-Zero fans.

Though honestly, and I'm being honest; I never liked Goroh. :equips flame shield: Just something about him I didn't like. But don't think I cheered or anything when was confirmed for an AT. Just cause I didn't like him didn't mean I didn't want him as a playable.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Metroid also has plenty of characters, such as the numerous bounty hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.
Those guys are minor characters who's only purpose is to either help or hinder samus. My point still stands that metroid doesn't have alot of IMPORTANT characters to fall back on if Ridley is deconfirmed.

But it doesn't have to be Metroid for the analogy to work. If Diddy were deconfirmed K.Rool's chances would not increase.
Considering Diddy IS confirmed to be playable.

If Ganaondorf were deconfirmed, Vaati's chances would not increase either.
You want me to quote the interview that basically confirms him and Shiek are in the game?

Similarly, I take Goroh's absence as a bad sign for other F-Zero characters in general since he appeared to be the obvious choice (to me, at least.)
So what? because what smashboards (which consists of a whoping ONE PERCENT of the smash community) thought was the obvious choice was deconfirmed means there won't be a second rep at all? Thats stupid logic especially since Pokemon trainer was considered one of the most unlikely ideas before his confirmation.

Diddy Kong and Ike are examples of Sakurai seemingly having the same logic as his fans.
Pokemon trainer says hi.

But I agree: we have no way of knowing either way. All any of us can do is make the best guess possible with the information we have. I guess we just see things differently.
I guess we do.

Hmmm... that sounds about right. But is Pico really more important to the series than Goroh? They're both memebers of the original four, so they've appeared in all the same games.
Original four status + Storyline importance (great crash) + unique moveset potential (his home planet is death wind so poisonous gas based moveset anyone?)= more important than overweight samurai who's only claim to fame is annoying Falcon.

I'll go ahead and post my pokemon suggestions.

Staraptor- close combat- chooses one random player and just beats the living $h!t out of them.

Mesprit- Teleports next to a random player and kisses them on the cheek which temporarily stuns them and for the rest of the match they will have an emotionless face.

Luxray- Thunder fang- bites one random player and shocks them through his fangs leaving them paralyzed for a few seconds after being hit.

Slaking- Yawn- Sits there and yawns in a sleepy way which puts every character on the stage asleep including the one who called it.

Poliwrath- Body slam- Body slams an opponent doing some good damage and if you are unlucky enough he will paralyze you.

I'll probably think of some more later.

Vali

Smash Ace

You want me to quote the interview that basically confirms him and Shiek are in the game?
I think you completely missed the point. I think he was saying that one character being deconfirmed doesn't raise the chances of another one, and so just because someone like Goroh won't be playable doesn't increase the chances of another F-Zero rep such as Black Shadow or Pico. So even if Diddy is confirmed or deconfirmed, K. Rool's chances would be exactly the same.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Well with Munchlax now confirmed as a pokeball, anyone think that Jiggs has a chance of a comeback?
If anything the with Munchlax being confirmed as a pokeball it gives more reason to think that Lucario will be included in Brawl. Munchlax was the only pokemon the could of stood in his way.

Well Jiggypuff seems to have a strong fanbase in Japan still so that could warrant her stay.

-Knight

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
I don't see why Jigglypuff would be thrown out.. even if we don't see a character intro update for her on the site. Because, I strongly believe that Jiggs will be a secret character like in the last 2 games, and I don't think the roster we have seen so far is an unlockable one. I believe that the fighters we've seen thus far are all starters.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
So what? because what smashboards (which consists of a whoping ONE PERCENT of the smash community) thought was the obvious choice was deconfirmed means there won't be a second rep at all? Thats stupid logic especially since Pokemon trainer was considered one of the most unlikely ideas before his confirmation.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
LOL^^
Wiseguy, you really need to stop being a pokehater. Seriously, I at least expected you to replace Munchlax with another prediction when he was deconfirmed, but you just left it that way and continued to count the Pokemon Trainer as 3 characters(Which I think is odd, he only takes up one character slot on the screen, doesn't he? Face the fact that Pokemon presentation will most likely increase.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah, and with Munchlax gone this may mean that Sakurai isn't fixated on cute Pokemon. Pichu. That are poular in Japan. Pichu. And thusly are pokeballed. Pichu.
What about Squirtle and just look at that Ivysaur?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
only 3 pokemon characters= epic amounts of phale.
getting rid of jiggs and mewtwo= even more epic phailure.
saying simon belmont has a higher chance then megaman= godly amounts of phale

and to think I thought your list was honorable at first *sets down tea, shakes head, and walks off into the sunset.*

(but seriously, put back jiggs and mewtwo, and this list is okay ;) )

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yhea don't double post and don't just bump XS

But where is JK1...
RIGHT HERE!

Sorry JK1, but I think we'll have to call you the victor in this quote war (which I think has been going on for about as long as this thread has existed...) as I'm too worn out to respond to all of your points. Here's a couple quick replies:

Gamespot: 100% agreed. They suck big time.

Twilight Princess vs. Corruption: As much as I love Twilight Princess, Corruption has it beat. Being designed from the ground up for the Wii, the controls give the game a far more "next gen" feel as they are probably the best controls in FPS history. Both feature incredible boss battles, but the bosses in Corruption (particularly the one's late in the game) offer a much greater challenge. And yeah, the music is pretty mind blowing.

Zelda timeline: I'm not sure we can resolve this one, my friend. It might be best if we agreed to disagree.
Yes, GameSpot's ratings are horrible. End of story.

Both are good games, but watever. And same goes for the timeline, except we're talking about 14 diffrent games! :laugh:

On a side note, I got unlazy enough to reserve Super Mario Galaxy, the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, and SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL!

And you almost won the quote war Wiseguy. Almost. :p

More like a AWSOME BOSS BATTLE! :)

Sure thing! Here's my first 3 Pokeball predictions:

1) Sqidward

Descirption: The Squidward Pokeball emerges and bruises the player's ego with a sacastic comment and a look that says "Were you born stupid or is it an art you perfected to annoy me?"

2) Jack Bauer

Desciption: The dreaded Jack Bauer Pokeball strikes fear into the hearts of all Smashers. Bauer emerges, and proceeds to use his advanced interogation techniques on the first character he sees. Not only does it take out all the character's stock, but it has a 50% chance of making the player die in real life.

3) Where's Waldo?

Desciption: One of the more annoying Pokeballs, Waldo hides and in the stage background and causes the player to go mad searching more his stupid smiling face, striped shirt and stocking cap. Curse you Waldo!!!!
HAHA, Waldo was my favorite 3rd gen Pokémon, as well as Jack Bauer was my favorite 2nd gen Pokémon. Squidward was obviously the least popular 2nd gne Pokémon.

But seriously, BLASTOISE! :009: He should have that special Blastoise only move from Fire Red and Leaf Green. That'd be sweet, and the perfect way to return: REVAMPED! :)

HA! I avoided Sakurai's fiendish trap by removing Munchlax two days ago. Nice try Mr. Smash Bros, but I'm too fast for ya!
HAHA, way to avoid that one=nice! XD Now to cut Simon Belmont, and add Mewtwo. ;)

And Squirtle and Ivysaur is deh pwnz, not cute. Definitely. :)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Moar Pokeball Predictions!
Wailord-Replaces Snorlax. Does the same thing, except completely unavoidable due to being a massive whale. :chuckle:
Castform-Weather Change-Uses either Hail, Sunny Day, or Rain Dance randomly.
Hail does incremental 5% damage to every Brawler that isn't the one who released Castform. Sunny Day raises everyone's attack power, and Rain Dance makes the ground slippery, and disables all fire based attacks. Weather effects last 1 minute, or until a Final Smash is performed, whichever happens first.
Piplup-Brine-Sea water engulfs the stage for a few seconds, causing major damage.
Chimchar-Flame Wheel-A wheel of fire flies around the stage, doing damage to any who come in contact with it.
Turtwig-Leaf Storm-Sharp leaves fly everywhere, doing great damage.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Aha, so Munchlax isn´t playable after all. Can´t say it saddens me.

It does call for a new character list, however! With B-moves and Final Smashes, too!

SUPER MARIO BROS.

01. Mario (confirmed)
B - Fireball
Up B - Super Jump Punch
Side B - Cape Twirl
Down B - FLUDD
Final Smash - Mario Finale

02. Luigi (unlockable)
B - Fireball
Up B - Super Jump / Fire Punch
Side B - Green Missile
Down B - Poltergust 3000
Final Smash - Luigi Finale

03. Peach (confirmed)
B - Counter
Up B - Parasol Boost
Side B - Peach Bomber
Down B - Pluck
Final Smash - Castle Stars

04. Bowser (confirmed)
B - Fire Breath
Up B - Whirling Fortress
Side B - Koopa Klaw
Down B - Bowser Bomb
Final Smash - Transformation: Giga Bowser

05. Geno (unlockable)
B - Geno Rockets
Up B - Geno Beam
Side B - Geno Whirl
Down B - Geno Gatling Gun
Final Smash - Geno Flash

YOSHI

06. Yoshi (confirmed)
B - Egg Lay
Up B - Egg Throw
Side B - Egg Roll
Down B - Yoshi Bomb
Final Smash - Super Dragon

DONKEY KONG

07. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
B - Wind-up Punch
Up B - Spinning Kong
Side B - Headbutt
Down B - Ground Pound
Final Smash - Konga Beat

08. Diddy Kong (confirmed)
B - Peanut Popguns
Up B - Rocketbarrel Boost
Side B - Chimpy Charge
Down B - Orange Grenade
Final Smash - Diddy Solo

WARIOWARE

08. Wario (confirmed)
B - Wario Crunch
Up B - Wario Balloon
Side B - Wario Chopper
Down B - Wario Waft
Final Smash - Wario Challenge

KID ICARUS

09. Pit (confirmed)
B - Palutena Arrow
Up B - Wings of Icarus
Side B - Mallet
Down B - Protective Crystals
Final Smash - Palutena´s Army

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

10. Link (confirmed)
B - Hero´s Bow
Up B - Spin Attack
Side B - Gale Boomerang
Down B - Bomb
Final Smash - Triforce Slash

11. Zelda (confirmed)
B - Light Bow
Up B - Farore´s Wind
Side B - Din´s Fire
Down B - Nayru´s Love
Final Smash - Triforce Spell

12. Ganondorf (unlockable)
B - Dark Orb
Up B - Grasshopper
Side B - Gerudo Edge
Down B - Sand Dragon
Final Smash - Transformation: Ganon

13. Kid Link (toon-shaded) (unlockable)
B - Wind Jar
Up B - Deku Leaf
Side B - Cane of Pacci
Down B - Grappling Hook
Final Smash - Four Sword Strike

KIRBY

14. Kirby (confirmed)
B - Copy
Up B - Final Cutter
Side B - Mallet Swing
Down B - Block
Final Smash - Cook

15. Meta Knight (confirmed)
B - Meta Twister
Up B - Shuttle Loop
Side B - Triple Dash
Down B - Vanishing Cape
Final Smash - Halberd Onslaught

16. King Dedede (unlockable)
B - Chew
Up B - Inflate
Side B - Mallet Rush
Down B - Hurl
Final Smash - Dark Matter

POKéMON

17. Pikachu (confirmed)
B - Thundershock
Up B - Agility
Side B - Skull Bash
Down B - Thunder
Final Smash - Volt Tackle

18. Pokémon Trainer´s Squirtle (confirmed)
B - Bubble
Up B - Waterfall
Side B - Withdraw
Down B - Pokémon Change
Final Smash - Giga Impact

19. Pokémon Trainer´s Ivysaur (confirmed)
B - Bullet Seed
Up B - Vine Whip
Side B - Leech Seed
Down B - Pokémon Change

20. Pokémon Trainer´s Charizard (confirmed)
B - Flamethrower
Up B - Seismic Toss
Side B - Rock Smash
Down B - Pokémon Change

21. Gardevoir (unlockable)
B - Energy Ball
Up B - Teleport
Side B - Magical Leaf
Down B - Safeguard
Final Smash - Future Sight

22. Jigglypuff (unlockable)
B - Rollout
Up B - Sing
Side B - Pound
Down B - Rest
Final Smash - Hyper Voice

F-ZERO

23. Captain Falcon
B - Falcon Punch
Up B - Falcon Dive
Side B - Raptor Boost
Down B - Falcon Kick
Final Smash - Racing Strip

METROID

24. Samus (confirmed)
B - Charge Shot
Up B - Screw Attack
Side B - Missile
Down B - Bomb
Final Smash - Zero Laser

25. Zero-Suit Samus (confirmed)
B - Paralyzer
Up B - Plasma Whip
Side B - Tangle
Down B - Switch Mode
Final Smash - Chozo Light

26. Ridley (unlockable)
B - Fireball
Up B - Hover
Side B - Ice Missile
Down B - Plasma Beam
Final Smash - Meta Beam

ANIMAL CROSSING

27. Forest Villager (main character, customizeable appearance/gender)
B - Golden Shovel
Up B - Bottled Message
Side B - Bug-catching Net
Down B - Furniture Sale
Final Smash - UFO

STAR FOX

28. Fox (confirmed)
B - Blaster
Up B - Fire Fox
Side B - Fox Illusion
Down B - Reflector
Final Smash - Command Strike

29. Falco (unlockable)
B - Cannon
Up B - Firebird
Side B - Halcyon Beam
Down B - Deflector
Final Smash - Assault Strike

30. Krystal (unlockable)
B - Flame Shot
Up B - Staff Boost
Side B - Freeze
Down B - Shockwave
Final Smash - Kratoa Summon

PIKMIN

31. Captain Olimar (unlockable)
B - Plant
Up B - Pikmin Push
Side B - Order
Down B - Pluck Out
Final Smash - Pikmin Parade

FIRE EMBLEM

32. Marth
B - Shield Breaker
Up B - Dolphin Slash
Side B - Dancing Blade
Down B - Parry
Final Smash - Ambush

33. Ike (confirmed)
B - Eruption
Up B - Aether
Side B - Rolling Slash
Down B - Counter
Final Smash - Mercenaries

34. Micaiah (unlockable)
B - Lightning
Up B - Take Flight
Side B - Yune
Down B - Purge
Final Smash - Goddess of Dawn

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND

35. Lucas
B - PK Ground
Up B - PK Lightning
Side B - PK Fire
Down B - Psycho Counter
Final Smash - PK LOVE

36. Masked Man (unlockable)
B - Buster
Up B - Steel Glide
Side B - PSI Rush
Down B - Thunderstrike
Final Smash - PK LOVE

BALLOON FIGHT

37. Balloon Fighter (unlockable)
B - Pump
Up B - Up & Away
Side B - Balloon Bomb
Down B - Detach
Final Smash - Balloon Fight

MACH RIDER

38. Mach Rider (unlockable)
--ON BIKE--
B - Shot
Up B - Wheelie
Side B - Spike Ball
Down B - Hop Off
--ON FOOT--
B - Shot
Up B - Throttle Kick
Side B - Oil Drum
Down B - Ride
Final Smash - Road Rage

METAL GEAR

39. Snake (confirmed) (unlockable) (Third Party - Konami)
B - Claymore / Detonate
Up B - Reverse Rocket
Side B - Nikita
Down B - RPG
Final Smash - Metal Gear

SONIC

40. Sonic the Hedgehog (unlockable) (Third Party - SEGA)
B - Spin Dash
Up B - Ring Toss
Side B - Homing Strike
Down B - Bounce
Final Smash - Super Sonic

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
My Ryu Hayabusa Move Set rate if you will

Stats:
Jump: 4/5
Speed: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Strength: 2/5
Fall Speed: 2/5
Attack Speed: 5/5
Grab Range: 2/5

A Button attacks:
A:Vertical downwards slash with weapon.
AA: Vertical upwards slash with weapon.
AAA: Stab at opponent's midrift with weapon.
> A: Steps forward with a powerful diagonal slash.
^ A: Makes a X slash above him with weapon.
Down A: Does a hand stand spinning kick.

Smash Attacks:
> Smash: Art of Flame Wheels- Ryu becomes enveloped with flames and makes a powerful forward attack, high lag with very high knockback and power.
Down Smash: Art of the Ice Storm- Ryu forms ice all around him that freezes opponent's. No knockback, low damage, makes opponents immobile and slightly slower once broken free.
^ Smash: Art of the Inazuma- Ryu stabs his weapon up if it hits the opponent brings a strong lightning bolt down to hit them. Decent knockback and damage, good for setting up combos.

Air Attacks:
Nair: Forward attack with weapon.
Dair: Spins weapon below. (( Doesn't work with War Hammer instead he swings it.))
Fair: Aerial roundhouse kick.
Bair: Kicks backwards with leg. Similar to Sheik's, but with less reach.
Uair: Grabs opponent's foot and throws them to the ground. Spiking move with low reach.

B Attacks:
B: Throw weapon- Ryu will normally throw shuriken at a very fast rate, if you charge it once, he instead throws two shuriken at a time. Half the speed, double the power.

> B: Assaulter- Ryu flashes appearing on the other side of the opponent slashing them twice during the passing. Similar to Fox Illusion, but faster with more start up lag.

^ B: Flash Jump- Ryu shoots up seemingly teleporting with his weapon hitting objects in the way leaving a trail of leaves behind him. Low damage and knockback high range.

Down B: Weapon Swap- Ryu changes which ninja weapon he is using.
Dragon Sword: Default weapon Ryu uses, fast attacks with mediocre damage.
Nunchaku: Extremely fast attacks(( Faster than Metaknight's)) with very low damage.(( Takes 3 hits to get 1%)) Very easy to combo with.
War Hammer: Very Slow Attacks, that are very powerful, Ryu is slowed down immensely when carrying this large weapon.

Jump
Single: Straight forward upwards jump.
Double: Jumps once more into a flip.

Grabs:
Jab: Ryu stabs them with a small dagger.
Fthrow: Ryu throws them in the air( Very low though.) and kicks them away. Pretty good knock back, decent damage.
Uthrow: Ryu throws them into the air and launches multiple shuriken at them. Very low knock back, low damage.
Dthrow: Slams them on the ground and stabs them with the small dagger.
Bthrow: Wraps his arms around them and suplexes them into the ground.

Final Smash:
Only works on one opponent, but there movement freezes. The screen flashes completely white 20 times back to back to back, each flash taking about 1 milisecond. At the end it shows Ryu turn his back to the opponent and sheathe his weapon, then a bunch of hit marks are shown on the opponent. No knock back, very high damage.

Taunt:
Ryu turns his back and says "Pathetic."

Win Poses:
1: He makes a ninja like hand sign and disappears in a whirlwind of leaves.
2: Swings his sword around in a flashy manner and then sheathes it.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gets Ryu's face mask and has a small sword strapped to his back.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Well Ike was (IS) my favorite FE character so that franchise is (Semi) secure for me...

Just need Black Knight.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Looks like Lynn is trophified. Not too surprising, given how unpopular the GBA games are in Japan. Let's hope a certain knight in black armour is on the agenda...

By the way, I updated the Pokeball (now spelled correctly) section again. Let me know if I missed anyone.

I don't really have time to read 200 some odd pages..but I read your first page.
I like your predictions very much. I don't actually consider Pokemon trainer 4 characters though. More like 3 if anything. Since the Trainer doesn't actually fight.
I also think Mewtwo and Jigglypuff should be on there. If anything Mewtwo would be the one replaced, not jiggs. I'd expect a 3rd generation (GBA series) Pokemon along with a fourth gen (DS Series). So someone like Blaziken. Thats me though. I know you aren't into Pokémon, and thats cool. But I am a pokémaniac. I play everyday when I don't have papers or stuff to do for school. So I do think I have some insight. This is of course your prediction thread, so you call the shots, but thats just my two cents.

I have never played an Earthbound game. I look forward to the day when it comes on the Virtual Console. I don't think they'd replace Ness. I think they may add Lucas, but I don't think they'd replace anyone from the first game (Super Smash Bros.). I think they also may add Paula. I've done some research into Earthbound and found that she was the one with the real Psychic power, not Ness.

Also what about Black Shadow from F Zero? Especially since Samurai Goroh is out.
I don't think I ever said PT counting for 4... but I do think 3 movesets means that he counts for 3 characters. Maybe I'm biased in this regard (I know a few who think so...;))but I think more than 5 character movesets would be overboard - even for a series as popular as Pokemon.

However, I appreciate the input guys (I know a couple of you have brought this up...) so I'll consider perhaps adjusting my Pokemon predictions in the future.

Earthbound: I agree it could go either way, but I have a hard time imagining the series getting two reps with F-Zero getting only one (so it appears.)

Which brings me to Black Shadow. Frankly, I still think that Goroh would have been included if a second F-Zero slot were on the table. For my reasoning, glance at the last few pages for the continuing saga of my debate with Numa Dude.

Anyway, thanks for the input Tyrannotaur. It's always good to hear some intellegent points of view.

Those guys are minor characters who's only purpose is to either help or hinder samus. My point still stands that metroid doesn't have alot of IMPORTANT characters to fall back on if Ridley is deconfirmed.
There aren't many, but Dark Samus qualifiies. But that is besides the point. Ridley is the logical choice for the second Metroid rep, and if he were deconfirmed it would be an indication that no further Metroid characters would appear. Not that Dark Samus or some irrelivant hunter would take the spot.

The same logic goes for Goroh. As Falcon's rival and one of the original four, he seemed to be the obvious choice for the second F-Zero character. With him gone, I think it more likely that there is no second F-Zero character. (Just to restate my point for Tyrannotaur and others).

Vali explained this well in his post. I was speaking hypothetically.

Again, hypothetical.

I'm not speaking for all of Smashboards, but myself. To me, it just doesn't add up. That's not to say Sakurai doesn't have something in mind that will prove me wrong (PT is an example) but I doubt it.

Pokemon trainer says hi.
Hi Pokemon trainer. Trained any good Pokemon lately?

Seriosuly though, PT proves that Sakurai doesn't ALWAYS go with the commonly held assumptions of Smashers. Diddy and Ike prove that he somestimes does.

Original four status + Storyline importance (great crash) + unique moveset potential (his home planet is death wind so poisonous gas based moveset anyone?)= more important than overweight samurai who's only claim to fame is annoying Falcon.
It seems to me that they are pretty much equal, storywise. If I understand this correctly, in GX Pico was involved in the crash that created Blood Falcon while Goroh "annoyed" Falcon by challenging him to that one-on-one race in the falling rocks level (which is as far as I got in the GX story mode...)

In terms of unique moveset potential, I'm not sure how much it matters. They made an entirely imagined moveset for Falcon, they could do the same for Goroh or Pico if they had wanted.

I also think that being the main rival to Captain Flacon counts for something, since he is very much the star of the franchise.

Aha, so Munchlax isn´t playable after all. Can´t say it saddens me.

It does call for a new character list, however! With B-moves and Final Smashes, too!

SUPER MARIO BROS.

01. Mario (confirmed)
B - Fireball
Up B - Super Jump Punch
Side B - Cape Twirl
Down B - FLUDD
Final Smash - Mario Finale

02. Luigi (unlockable)
B - Fireball
Up B - Super Jump / Fire Punch
Side B - Green Missile
Down B - Poltergust 3000
Final Smash - Luigi Finale

03. Peach (confirmed)
B - Counter
Up B - Parasol Boost
Side B - Peach Bomber
Down B - Pluck
Final Smash - Castle Stars

04. Bowser (confirmed)
B - Fire Breath
Up B - Whirling Fortress
Side B - Koopa Klaw
Down B - Bowser Bomb
Final Smash - Transformation: Giga Bowser

05. Geno (unlockable)
B - Geno Rockets
Up B - Geno Beam
Side B - Geno Whirl
Down B - Geno Gatling Gun
Final Smash - Geno Flash

YOSHI

06. Yoshi (confirmed)
B - Egg Lay
Up B - Egg Throw
Side B - Egg Roll
Down B - Yoshi Bomb
Final Smash - Super Dragon

DONKEY KONG

07. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
B - Wind-up Punch
Up B - Spinning Kong
Side B - Headbutt
Down B - Ground Pound
Final Smash - Konga Beat

08. Diddy Kong (confirmed)
B - Peanut Popguns
Up B - Rocketbarrel Boost
Side B - Chimpy Charge
Down B - Orange Grenade
Final Smash - Diddy Solo

WARIOWARE

08. Wario (confirmed)
B - Wario Crunch
Up B - Wario Balloon
Side B - Wario Chopper
Down B - Wario Waft
Final Smash - Wario Challenge

KID ICARUS

09. Pit (confirmed)
B - Palutena Arrow
Up B - Wings of Icarus
Side B - Mallet
Down B - Protective Crystals
Final Smash - Palutena´s Army

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

10. Link (confirmed)
B - Hero´s Bow
Up B - Spin Attack
Side B - Gale Boomerang
Down B - Bomb
Final Smash - Triforce Slash

11. Zelda (confirmed)
B - Light Bow
Up B - Farore´s Wind
Side B - Din´s Fire
Down B - Nayru´s Love
Final Smash - Triforce Spell

12. Ganondorf (unlockable)
B - Dark Orb
Up B - Grasshopper
Side B - Gerudo Edge
Down B - Sand Dragon
Final Smash - Transformation: Ganon

13. Kid Link (toon-shaded) (unlockable)
B - Wind Jar
Up B - Deku Leaf
Side B - Cane of Pacci
Down B - Grappling Hook
Final Smash - Four Sword Strike

KIRBY

14. Kirby (confirmed)
B - Copy
Up B - Final Cutter
Side B - Mallet Swing
Down B - Block
Final Smash - Cook

15. Meta Knight (confirmed)
B - Meta Twister
Up B - Shuttle Loop
Side B - Triple Dash
Down B - Vanishing Cape
Final Smash - Halberd Onslaught

16. King Dedede (unlockable)
B - Chew
Up B - Inflate
Side B - Mallet Rush
Down B - Hurl
Final Smash - Dark Matter

POKéMON

17. Pikachu (confirmed)
B - Thundershock
Up B - Agility
Side B - Skull Bash
Down B - Thunder
Final Smash - Volt Tackle

18. Pokémon Trainer´s Squirtle (confirmed)
B - Bubble
Up B - Waterfall
Side B - Withdraw
Down B - Pokémon Change

19. Pokémon Trainer´s Ivysaur (confirmed)
B - Bullet Seed
Up B - Vine Whip
Side B - Leech Seed
Down B - Pokémon Change

20. Pokémon Trainer´s Charizard (confirmed)
B - Flamethrower
Up B - Seismic Toss
Side B - Rock Smash
Down B - Pokémon Change

21. Gardevoir (unlockable)
B - Energy Ball
Up B - Teleport
Side B - Magical Leaf
Down B - Safeguard
Final Smash - Future Sight

22. Jigglypuff (unlockable)
B - Rollout
Up B - Sing
Side B - Pound
Down B - Rest
Final Smash - Hyper Voice

F-ZERO

23. Captain Falcon
B - Falcon Punch
Up B - Falcon Dive
Side B - Raptor Boost
Down B - Falcon Kick
Final Smash - Racing Strip

METROID

24. Samus (confirmed)
B - Charge Shot
Up B - Screw Attack
Side B - Missile
Down B - Bomb
Final Smash - Zero Laser

25. Zero-Suit Samus (confirmed)
B - Paralyzer
Up B - Plasma Whip
Side B - Tangle
Down B - Switch Mode
Final Smash - Chozo Light

26. Ridley (unlockable)
B - Fireball
Up B - Hover
Side B - Ice Missile
Down B - Plasma Beam
Final Smash - Meta Beam

ANIMAL CROSSING

27. Forest Villager (main character, customizeable appearance/gender)
B - Golden Shovel
Up B - Bottled Message
Side B - Bug-catching Net
Down B - Furniture Sale
Final Smash - UFO

STAR FOX

28. Fox (confirmed)
B - Blaster
Up B - Fire Fox
Side B - Fox Illusion
Down B - Reflector
Final Smash - Command Strike

29. Falco (unlockable)
B - Cannon
Up B - Firebird
Side B - Halcyon Beam
Down B - Deflector
Final Smash - Assault Strike

30. Krystal (unlockable)
B - Flame Shot
Up B - Staff Boost
Side B - Freeze
Down B - Shockwave
Final Smash - Kratoa Summon

PIKMIN

31. Captain Olimar (unlockable)
B - Plant
Up B - Pikmin Push
Side B - Order
Down B - Pluck Out
Final Smash - Pikmin Parade

FIRE EMBLEM

32. Marth
B - Shield Breaker
Up B - Dolphin Slash
Side B - Dancing Blade
Down B - Parry
Final Smash - Ambush

33. Ike (confirmed)
B - Eruption
Up B - Aether
Side B - Rolling Slash
Down B - Counter
Final Smash - Mercenaries

34. Micaiah (unlockable)
B - Lightning
Up B - Take Flight
Side B - Yune
Down B - Purge
Final Smash - Goddess of Dawn

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND

35. Lucas
B - PK Ground
Up B - PK Lightning
Side B - PK Fire
Down B - Psycho Counter
Final Smash - PK LOVE

36. Masked Man (unlockable)
B - Buster
Up B - Steel Glide
Side B - PSI Rush
Down B - Thunderstrike
Final Smash - PK LOVE

BALLOON FIGHT

37. Balloon Fighter (unlockable)
B - Pump
Up B - Up & Away
Side B - Balloon Bomb
Down B - Detach
Final Smash - Balloon Fight

MACH RIDER

38. Mach Rider (unlockable)
--ON BIKE--
B - Shot
Up B - Wheelie
Side B - Spike Ball
Down B - Hop Off
--ON FOOT--
B - Shot
Up B - Throttle Kick
Side B - Oil Drum
Down B - Ride
Final Smash - Road Rage

METAL GEAR

39. Snake (confirmed) (unlockable) (Third Party - Konami)
B - Claymore / Detonate
Up B - Reverse Rocket
Side B - Nikita
Down B - RPG
Final Smash - Metal Gear

SONIC

40. Sonic the Hedgehog (unlockable) (Third Party - SEGA)
B - Spin Dash
Up B - Ring Toss
Side B - Homing Strike
Down B - Bounce
Final Smash - Super Sonic
Good grief, you clearly put some work into that! Great choices and logical movesest all around. Question: don't you think it might be awkward having AC villagers as both background characters in Smashville and a playable character?

Otherwise, this is a totally great roster. Bonus points for the cool movesets.

9.5/10

Stats:
Jump: 4/5
Speed: 5/5
Weight: 3/5
Strength: 2/5
Fall Speed: 2/5
Attack Speed: 5/5
Grab Range: 2/5

A Button attacks:
A:Vertical downwards slash with weapon.
AA: Vertical upwards slash with weapon.
AAA: Stab at opponent's midrift with weapon.
> A: Steps forward with a powerful diagonal slash.
^ A: Makes a X slash above him with weapon.
Down A: Does a hand stand spinning kick.

Smash Attacks:
> Smash: Art of Flame Wheels- Ryu becomes enveloped with flames and makes a powerful forward attack, high lag with very high knockback and power.
Down Smash: Art of the Ice Storm- Ryu forms ice all around him that freezes opponent's. No knockback, low damage, makes opponents immobile and slightly slower once broken free.
^ Smash: Art of the Inazuma- Ryu stabs his weapon up if it hits the opponent brings a strong lightning bolt down to hit them. Decent knockback and damage, good for setting up combos.

Air Attacks:
Nair: Forward attack with weapon.
Dair: Spins weapon below. (( Doesn't work with War Hammer instead he swings it.))
Fair: Aerial roundhouse kick.
Bair: Kicks backwards with leg. Similar to Sheik's, but with less reach.
Uair: Grabs opponent's foot and throws them to the ground. Spiking move with low reach.

B Attacks:
B: Throw weapon- Ryu will normally throw shuriken at a very fast rate, if you charge it once, he instead throws two shuriken at a time. Half the speed, double the power.

> B: Assaulter- Ryu flashes appearing on the other side of the opponent slashing them twice during the passing. Similar to Fox Illusion, but faster with more start up lag.

^ B: Flash Jump- Ryu shoots up seemingly teleporting with his weapon hitting objects in the way leaving a trail of leaves behind him. Low damage and knockback high range.

Down B: Weapon Swap- Ryu changes which ninja weapon he is using.
Dragon Sword: Default weapon Ryu uses, fast attacks with mediocre damage.
Nunchaku: Extremely fast attacks(( Faster than Metaknight's)) with very low damage.(( Takes 3 hits to get 1%)) Very easy to combo with.
War Hammer: Very Slow Attacks, that are very powerful, Ryu is slowed down immensely when carrying this large weapon.

Jump
Single: Straight forward upwards jump.
Double: Jumps once more into a flip.

Grabs:
Jab: Ryu stabs them with a small dagger.
Fthrow: Ryu throws them in the air( Very low though.) and kicks them away. Pretty good knock back, decent damage.
Uthrow: Ryu throws them into the air and launches multiple shuriken at them. Very low knock back, low damage.
Dthrow: Slams them on the ground and stabs them with the small dagger.
Bthrow: Wraps his arms around them and suplexes them into the ground.

Final Smash:
Only works on one opponent, but there movement freezes. The screen flashes completely white 20 times back to back to back, each flash taking about 1 milisecond. At the end it shows Ryu turn his back to the opponent and sheathe his weapon, then a bunch of hit marks are shown on the opponent. No knock back, very high damage.

Taunt:
Ryu turns his back and says "Pathetic."

Win Poses:
1: He makes a ninja like hand sign and disappears in a whirlwind of leaves.
2: Swings his sword around in a flashy manner and then sheathes it.

Kirby Hat:
Kirby gets Ryu's face mask and has a small sword strapped to his back.
That moveset is very well done, and certainly makes me want to see him as a playable character. Make it happen Sakurai!

I love the idea of a character who can switch weapons on the fly (hopefully Zamus does something similar.)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Lyn is gone...

Good news for the Michiah supporters as the only (female) competition has just been eliminated.

Michiah's all-but-guaranteed now.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Female light mage from Radiant Dawn, the upcoming (already released in Japan) FE game.

Though I wouldn't really say she's all but confirmed, but she does have a significant obstacle out of the way (admittedly so do other potential sword using FE characters, such as a certain Monty Python character).

Top Bottom