• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Exactly! But Hudson is big too. Like I said, It's a toss up between the two. Each have all the credentials, now who will make it in Brawl? Oi! Wise! A word to the, well... Wise, you should replace Simon with Bomberman, Simon may be badarse but we've already got Snake and Bomberman has seen more action that that schmuck! Plus, I can't se any more moves for him other than his whip. He doesnt seem to have as good a chance as the others. (See my handy, color-coded, chart)
Yhea but Capcom is much bigger has much better games has been with Nintendo longer i mean they let Hudson make Mario party... but they let Capcom make a frigging Zelda game! but Belmont deserves the spot MUCH more than Bomberman.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I disagree. Simon would be a foriegn, unkonwn character to some, Bomberman is instantly recognisable, something people want in a character that represents a company.

In other news... Todays update rehashes the already discussed Peanut Pistols and Barrel Jetpack. Pretty self Explanitory. I was a little disapointed with the fact that too many moves are getting crammed with extras. Oh, Diddy's gun fire faster as you hold down, but if you hold down too long, it'll explode! And if one of the Peanut's open, you can eat the peanut! Waaay too much. I like the exploding pistol idea, but the eating the peanuts was a bit of a stretch. I also liked the idea of the Jetpack going out of control.

Looking back at the WarioWare stage, I don't know what Sakurai was talking about when he said: "For each challenge you clear, there is, of course, a reward." Does he men that you just stay alive, or do you get something for completing it, like your percentage increasing.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
True, true. Sakurai's love affair with gliding mingled with the them he placed in. RIDLEY FTW!

But speaking of tantalising hints to a character let's talk about the Animal Crossing 'thing' Stage + Item + Theme = Character. Obviously! An item? Even the Mario series hasn't gotten an item yet! A stage? What, in Melee, was the sign of a stage? A character rep! And I am confident that Brawl will follow that pattern. A Theme? Over half of the stages don't have a theme, what makes Smashville so special? A CHARACTER! A symbol? This is practical confirmation that AC gets a rep. COME ON. To say that AC won't get a rep is like saying Ridley won't be in Brawl. AC has more evidence supporting it's inclusion than Ridley, yet people embrace Ridley and downput Animal Crossing. Those who think that AC won't get a rep are in the point of denial.

'Nuff said. Or as Sakurai says:

Heroes always arrive late.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
wiseguy [and others] please tell me what you think of my list of charcters i think are in.
mushroom kingdom:
mario, luigi, bowser, peach, bowser jr.

yoshi series:
yoshi

warioware:
wario

dk series:
dk, diddy, king k. rool

F-zero:
captain falcon, black shadow [ maybe not but this series needs a villian ]

zelda series:
ganondorf [ completely new moveset obviously ], link, zelda, young link [ NOT WW LINK...well there was an ocarina of time music and he's a major part of the zelda series; you cant have link without y. link also vary his moves like luigi-mario] , vaati or skull kid [ one of the other actual villians in the series. one becomes playable while the other gets AT status ]

metroid:
samus/zamus, ridley

kirby series:
kirby, dedede, meta knight

classic characters:
ice climbers [ very origianl, sakurai wouldnt kill them hopefully ], mr. game and watch [ same as ice climbers ], pit

earthbound:
ness/lucas [ it's gonna be ness or lucas so i say if it's ness, have lucas as an alternate costume and vice versa ]

starfox series:
fox, falco [ make him less of a clone as luigi is to mario ], krystal, wolf [ try not to make him a clone ]

fire emblem series:
ike, marth [ he's origianl and a famous warlord so why trash him ], black knight

pokemon series:
pikachu, jigglypuff [ original 12 status ], mewtwo [ great character so his moves can be fixed up or completely remade ], pokemon trainer, blaziken [ good third-gen pokemon choice ]

new series:
captain olimar, some sort of aniaml crossing person

third-party:
snake, sonic, megaman

melee graveyard:
pichu, roy, dr. mario, sheik [ they suck, were a literal clone, or maybe a little to high tier....*cough* sheik *cough*

TOTAL- 43 characters, no clones

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
jimmysilverrims said:
Exactly! But Hudson is big too. Like I said, It's a toss up between the two. Each have all the credentials, now who will make it in Brawl? Oi! Wise! A word to the, well... Wise, you should replace Simon with Bomberman, Simon may be badarse but we've already got Snake and Bomberman has seen more action that that schmuck! Plus, I can't se any more moves for him other than his whip. He doesnt seem to have as good a chance as the others. (See my handy, color-coded, chart)
You should probably look at some Simon Belmont movesets made, or at least play a Castlevania game. Simon has more than enough stuff to make it into SSBB.

He also has an edge over other third party characters because Konami already accepted to put Snake in the game, meaning that the company is willing to cooperate with Nintendo for Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Where other companies stand in this matter is still unknown to us.

I disagree. Simon would be a foriegn, unkonwn character to some, Bomberman is instantly recognisable, something people want in a character that represents a company.
Honestly, he´s not any more foreign or unknown than Snake. Bomberman isn´t instantly recognizeable, either; certainly not on the level that Mario, Pacman or Sonic are.

AC has more evidence supporting it's inclusion than Ridley, yet people embrace Ridley and downput Animal Crossing. Those who think that AC won't get a rep are in the point of denial.
Indeed, I´d say that the chances of an Animal Crossing character being playable are higher than that of Ridley being playable. Honestly I wouldn´t be too surprised if Ridley wasn´t playable, although I´m well aware that I´m inciting the wrath of Legion by saying so.

Also Bajef8, Isaac comes from the Golden Sun franchise, not Fire Emblem. If they gave Star Fox four representatives I doubt that they would only give Fire Emblem two, but nice list otherwise.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Also Bajef8, Isaac comes from the Golden Sun franchise, not Fire Emblem. If they gave Star Fox four representatives I doubt that they would only give Fire Emblem two, but nice list otherwise.[/QUOTE]

my bad i fixed it.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Oh! And this thread´s character challenge was for forty characters, while yours had forty-three. Clones count as one third each though.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Bump for great justice!

That, and Metaknight was officially revealed today. I guess that he won't be unlockable...either that, or we're not just getting starters before the release date. That judgment call ought to be saved for Snake's official declaration, I suppose.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey guys! Having blown through my first playthough of Prime 3, I now have some free time. Let's see what you've been up to...

I just got Prime 3 this morning and have been playin it non stop. But it got me thinkin, wouldn't the other hunters make great brawlers?
It's an interesting idea. Spoiler:
I think the cyborg guy Ghor has the most potential, but that's just me. Hopefully, all three will make it as ATs.

That's just the problem. By the time brawl is released TP WON'T be the most recent and popular Zelda. Phantom hourglass will be released internationally and I don't need to tell you how much that will PWN also Tingles game will be released internationally by then. I really see no logic in adding a character like Midna, a character that is almost guarenteed to not return when they could add Tingle, a character with TWO of his own spin off games. While I'm at it I might as well point out that since Sakurai loves retros that it would make perfect sense for him to add in a retro Zelda character like Skull Kid (with mask) or possibly even Ralph.

I don't know much about Vaati so I couldn't respond to your points about him if I wanted to but you seriously aren't giving Tingle enough credit. Tingle has TWO games of his own one of which is soon to be international which is WAY more than Midna has (Oh wow she is the new helper character) so there really is no reason for her to be included before him. I would even go as far as saying that Tingle is the fourth mascot of Zelda right behind the triforce trio. Plus

Look at that bod. Who wouldn't want to play as such a manly creature?
True, TP won't be the most recent game in a few months. But the character roster won't be finalized after October, that was likely done eariler this year - when TP was still hot off the presses.

Gamespot always seems to rate games 0.5 points lower than other sites. Of course, they also have valid points as well. From what I've played of it I agree that, "Corruption's... conservative design sometimes seems like less of a sprawling Metroid adventure and more of a straightforward first-person shooter." It's fun and all, and it's sprinkled full of fun Metroidy elements, but the game is too segemented, so it doesn't feel as much like an adventure as Prime 1 or even 2.

I like Prime 1 the most so far (3rd favorite game of all time) because all the areas were interconnected so well, and the player often had to go back and forth through the different areas to progress through the game. In 2 and especially 3, you go to area A, collect various powerups, defeat the main boss for that area, then go on to the next area and repeat, infrequently returning to pick up a few missed powerups. It's just too straightforward. Beating an area and just moving on works fine in other games, but that's not what Metroid is about. In other Metroid games including Prime 1, the player would frequently have to travel to different areas to collect the next powerup, instead of spending a long time in just one area.

For example, in Prime 1, after beating the boss in Chozo Ruins to get the varia suit, the player had to then go through Magmoor to Phendrana to get the next one (boost ball) and then back to Tallon Overworld to get the space jump boots, then back to Phendrana again. There wasn't any specified goal to essentially "beat" one area then move on; the player progressed in that way because that is how the power ups are laid out.

I was dissappointed that Prime 2 was set up in a way that you go to Agon Wastes, get a bunch of powerups, beat the boss, then go to Torvus, get a bunch of powerups, beat the boss, then go to Sanctuary, get a bunch of powerups, beat the boss, then go on an uninspired fetch quest more or less as a reason to force the player to go back through previous areas. I was hoping that Prime 3 would go back to the design where the player frequently traveled back and forth through different areas to get the next powerups. Instead, the areas aren't even connected together anymore. It resulted in the game feeling like a sequence of short missions, rather than a cohesive adventure. The game is still fun, but it doesn't feel like an adventure anymore.

Not really. The problem with the hunters in both MP:H and MP3 is that they're all one-shot, replaceable characters with no real importance to the series as a whole. Also, there is nothing that sets any hunter in the games apart from any other. They more-or-less simply fill a gameplay or story need; they aren't fleshed out or developed in any way.
Having beaten all three games, I'll offer my opinion on the trilogy.

Prime 1 & 2 were superb adventure games with a lot of FPS action. On the other hand, Prime 3 is a suberb FPS action game with a lot of adventure elements. Rather than one monsterous planet to explore, you have several smaller locations that you travel to and from with your ship. The actual size of the game is about the same as Prime 1, but it's spread out over a whole solar system. It's just that now you use your ship to get around instead of elevators. The benefit of this is that the locations feel more focused and tightly designed. And the puzzles, powerups and artistic design are probably the best in the trilogy.

But the BEST part of Prime 3 is the controls. The advanced control scheme makes shooting and aiming infinitely more enjoyable than the previous Primes, making enemy encounters and boss battles alot more fun. Playing through on veteran, I found the game was a fun challenge and a total blast from start to finish. My hope is that the Hyper mode (which you unlock after beating the game) takes it up a notch.

My point: Prime 3 is in no way a 8.5. It maintains the lofty standards of the series - and exceeds them in some areas. Scoring this game less than a 9.5 is a crime against humanity.

This is a comment remix.

(on Zelda series)

Well, I'd be more approving of Midna if it didn't mean yet another Link. It'd just be weird if she were alone though, seeing as how she never is in Twilight Princess.
I faintly recall reading that you used to want her in her real form? That'd be cool, but highly improbable. But that's all conversation that's been had before, I'm sure.

Scientifically and objectively speaking, Vaati owns. Probably the greatest villian in a Nintendo game. Yeah, I said it. A Vaati-less Brawl is a fututre too bleak to contimplate. He MUST be in Brawl. He WILL be in Brawl! BLACK FREAKIN' VAATI FOR BRAWL!

I had to. I couldn't come up with anything else...

...maybe this... this is the feeling of defeat?
(*gets back up and brushes himself off*)

Would it be so wrong to have Wolflink in Brawl? It's technically the same character, of course, but he brings a very unique moveset to the table.

Oh, and how dare you use my own twisted logic against me!

---------
(on Lip)Found it! -click me- (same as "this site" link under Tingle conversation above)

I'm sure someone cooler could go in her place, but if we had a roster of purely cool characters, it'd be so much different than what is already confirmed anyway- this is about fun, and sickeningly cute seems to walk hand-in-hand with fun. Oh, how I wish we were actually designing this game so we could compromise with the characters that make us say "Urgh..." and remove both Lip and Tingle.

If she brought a really unique fighting style, people might actually start to like her.

(sigh)

That set of comments was really hard to organize and respond to.
With the presense of Pokemon in the roster, I say we have more than met our quota of non-cool characters.

(Joking! That was a joke.... mostly.)

A little comment about LoZ...

After watching the updates, it seems as if the LoZ portion of brawl is going to span their last several games. Link has been confirmed by the Dojo to be Twilight Princess updated in both the looks and moves departments. Zelda has been given her new TP look as well, but it doesn't seem likely that she has been given a moveset that has been updated TOO much and still appears heavily OoT based. (she appears to have many of the same moves, as well as no evidence of the rapier or other TP attacks) Also, as has already been stated, Eiji Aonuma had that conference where he hinted at Sheik being in SSBB, although it is controversial. Ganondorf has not been confirmed yet, but he is going to be in the game with an updated moveset, we just don't know what. The Link from Wind Waker is also heavily suspected to be in SSBB, which would give representation to not only Wind Waker, but the handhelds as well.

If this were to go as such, that means we would have TP, OoT, WW, and the handhelds represented. But, there is still another major Zelda game that hasn't been represented yet, Majora's Mask. If Sakurai intends on representing the zelda timeline, MM would need a rep. Since Ganondorf and WW Link, the characters we that have no hard evidence as to their moves, did not appear in MM, so there are only really two characters capable of representing MM, Skull Kid and Tingle. However, if Tingle were included, he would probably represent his own series as well as Wind Waker and handhelds. On top of this, we know Sakurai likes to include retro characters that he feels deserve respect. Skull Kid missed his chance at being part of Melee, but it seems to me that his chances of being included in Brawl just got kicked up a notch.

Doesn't anyone else notice this? I feel like I'm take crazy pills! But, perhaps, (actually probably) I'm just over-analyzing. Thoughts?
Sheik's CHARACTER MODEL is in Brawl. Whether he/she/it/potatoe is playable is another story.

I like your reasoning, and if it meant that Skull Kid made the cut - I'd be all for it (he's my favorite Zelda character, after all). It's also worth noting that the OoT remix music supports this theory.

Okay..............

Bowser Jr - Now I wouldn't absolutely hate it if he were in the game, i liked the little guy in Mario Kart. I won't be mad if he's in, I'll just be disappointed.

WW Link - The worst choice for a new character ever. Yes I played Wind Waker. Two of the same character is just a bad idea. I don't want him taking the place of a more unique character.

Munchlax - No.

Lucario - I just don't see the appeal of Lucario at all. He has no importance and is design is terrible. If he somehow gets into Brawl, perhaps he'll grow on me, but I'll hate him for taking a good spot.

Krystal - I really don't think she deserves it all. Especially if it means dumping Falco, the coolest Star Fox character by far. I also find her rather annoying. StarFox only needs 3 characters anyway.

Wolf - Same as Bowser Jr.. I won't be mad, just disappointed.

Black Knight - No, Fire Emblem doesn't need more than 2 characters, Ike and Marth. If he does make it in though, I can see myself liking him eventually.

Resetti - There will not be a playable Animal Crossing character. I guarantee it.

Mii - Really, the Mii is a perfect AT. Seeing the Mii fight would just be awkward, they already look like odd in Wii Sports.

Megaman - No, I'd rather have Bomberman.

Jigglypuff - Why remove a perfectly good character and add Munchlax?
Mewtwo - You remove him because he is low tier? That's completely ********. Hey Samus was low tier in SSB, they should get rid of her.
Falco - See my Krystal comment.
Mr. Game and Watch - An awesome and unique character. Removing him is almost as bad as removing the Ice Climbers.
Ice Climbers - The most unique character in the entire series and you want them out? Tsk tsk.
Marth - Again, there is no reason to remove a good character that represents his series well.
Ness - I actually don't think Ness will be removed in favor of Lucas. Sakurai needs to appeal to a worldwide audience, Ness is far more known, especially because of his appearances in the previous Smash games.

Okay good, just a killed a couple minutes.
Thanks for the input Conker. It's always good to hear some different points of view.

Technically, WW Link and TP are different individuals - so they aren't the same character. But if you do consider them as such, just look at Melee. That game had two Links and two Mario's. That tells me that Sakurai isn't totally against the idea. And with Phantom Hourglass the fastest selling game in the series (in Japan) WW Link's chances have never looked better.

Everything else, I think I've address in my first post, and we can agree to disagree.

I choose to take the 40 character challenge. (In no order at all.)
1.Mario
2.Link
3.Fox
4.DK
5.Yoshi
6.Pikachu
7.Samus & Zero Suit
8.Luigi
9.Peach
10.Zelda
11.Kirby
12.Meta Knight
13.Snake
14.Bowser
15.Ganondorf
16.Ike
20.PKMN Trainer
21.Jigglypuff
22.Marth
23.Lucas
24.Cap. Falcon
25.Ridley
26.Krystal
27.King DeDeDe
28.Diddy K
29.Baby Bowser
29 1/3.Dark Samus
29 2/3.Wolf
30.Wario
31. Midna & Wolf Link
32. Lucario
33.Megaman
34.Pit
35.Sonic
36.Tom Nook
37.Ice Climbers
38.Bomberman
39.Zant
40.Olimar

I would love to see other characters as well, (notably Issac, Bonk) but i'm just putting what I THINK, not what I WANT

Wahla.
Vali is 100% correct: transformations with their own movesets take just as long to program as other playable characters - and this challenge was basically made on the assumption that the Brawl team would only have time for 40.

But aside from going over the limit, you've got a good roster here. Zant would be awesome, if unlikely.

6/10

I'll take the "challenge" as well.

As far as I'm concerned, Zelda ans Sheik = 1 character, Samus and Zamus = 1 character, Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle = one character.
Vali explained it well enough, so I won't get into the transformation debate. It's a fine roster - with some interesting choices. Muddy the Mole and Sukapon would be huge surprises.

6.5/10

Yeah, i forgot Olimar. I wasn't thinking well at the time of the post. I'd say bonk won't get in as well, but he's a frikin caveman/baby/headbutter! But, olimar will replace him on the list. Zant was a pretty amazing boss fight, and i'd be down-hearted if he didn't make it. a bomb moveset would be cool for bomberman, (though a little bland.) and he'd be fun to play as. I'd say some animal crossing character will get in, and Nook is the most likely (I'd perfer K.K slider and Mr Resitti myself, but Nook is more likely.) there.
I'm a huge Nook fan, but how do you reconsile the fact that he is in the background of Smashville? Why would Sakurai reveal that screen if he had a playable moveset for the character in the works?

So you´re essentially going "MEGAMAN IS MUCH COOLER I MEAN HE HAS A SCARF BOMBERMAN IS JUST SOME GHEY LITTLE PUNY KID".

First, X (especially Command Mission X, god that game was bad) is indeed less recognizeable than Bomberman. The most well-known incarnation of Mega Man is the original Mega Man, the kid in blue with ridiculously large boots and a buster instead of a hand. Second, not even this character is high above Bomberman. If I ask someone whether they know Mega Man and they do, chances are they´ll know Bomberman as well. The inverse is true, too. Actually, I can´t think of anyone I know that is aware of the existence of one and not the other.

Besides, neither Mega Man or Bomberman are at the level of popularity than Mario or Pacman, or to an extent Sonic; characters that are known by people who were never really interested in videogames.

And furthermore, Snake is less known than Bomberman or Mega Man. So your argument is pretty much moot.

In other news, new list! It was originally thirty-five characters, but I added five more to comply with the rules of the challenge. Characters with asterisks (*) are unlockable.

SUPER MARIO
01. Mario (confirmed)
02. Luigi *
03. Peach (confirmed)
04. Bowser (confirmed)
05. Paper Mario *

YOSHI
06. Yoshi (confirmed)

DONKEY KONG
07. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
08. Diddy Kong (confirmed)

WARIOWARE
09. Wario (confirmed)

KID ICARUS
10. Pit (confirmed)

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
11. Link (confirmed)
12. Zelda (confirmed)
13. Ganondorf *
14. Kid Link (WW) *

METROID
15. Samus (confirmed)
16. Zero-Suit Samus (confirmed)
17. Ridley *

POKéMON
18. Pikachu (confirmed)
19. Pokémon Trainer - Squirtle (confirmed)
20. Pokémon Trainer - Ivysaur (confirmed)
21. Pokémon Trainer - Charizard (confirmed)
22. Gardevoir *
23. Munchlax *

F-ZERO
24. Captain Falcon

STAR FOX
25. Fox (confirmed)
26. Falco
27. Krystal *

ANIMAL CROSSING
28. Forest Villager (main character; customizeable appearance and gender)

FIRE EMBLEM
29. Ike
30. Marth
31. Soren *

PIKMIN
32. Captain Olimar *

KIRBY
33. Kirby (confirmed)
34. Meta Knight (confirmed)
35. King Dedede *

MOTHER / EARTHBOUND
36. Lucas

BALLOON FIGHT
37. Alice *

FOR THE FROG THE BELL TOLLS
38. Sablé & Richard *

METAL GEAR (THIRD PARTY - KONAMI)
39. Snake *

CASTLEVANIA (THIRD PARTY - KONAMI)
40. Simon Belmont *

Twenty-five starters and fifteen unlockable characters. Seems fine to me!
Sabre and Richard? I've never heard of their game. Was it made by Nintendo?

My biggest complaint is Alice. Come on! Balloon Fighter deserves the spot far more.

Paper Mario: I hope you're right. That character has a ton of potential.

8.5/10 This is one of the better I've seen in a while.

I'm getting scared everyday as I check the updates on when Captain Falcon will finally be announced.
I expect that Falcon will be revealed neext week. We've had 2 newcomers in a row, and it's time for a veteran.

How dandy for you. Now I have to explain yet again no matter if you think that they count as 1 character or not, you still need to include them as separate characters when predicting Brawl rosters. 40 characters isn't a limit based on "oo how pretty would the character select screen look?" it's based on production time and blatently ignoring what is essentially a little less than another character because they're a transformation is idiotic. A Brawl roster which had 17 transformations would take much longer to make and thus have to include fewer characters due to the increased time that those transformations will add. Saying that 40 characters or 40 characters and 17 transformations is the same thing is downright stupid. So again to reiterate, the 40 cap is there because that is what people think will be a reasonable amount of characters for Brawl and transformations need to be included in that estimate otherwise you're ignorantly ignoring a lot of time and effort on behalf of the Brawl team.

Let's take the Pokemon Trainer for an example:

Time to create models for all 3 Pokemon, create movesets for all 3 Pokemon, create pretty much everything else for Pokemon such as sounds, create PT model, create PT animations, create victory pose, character creation portrait, create single player things such as Break the Targets and a Unique Story Segment (possibly).

This is very rough of course, and the single player is expanded on enough to know exactly how much time is saved, but in order to create PT 3 movesets and 4 models need to created and animated but only 1 portrait and single player components need to be added in. So by counting PT as 1 character you're infact ignoring at least the additional movesets, models and sounds (not even counting the extra tweaking required to balance). A character with 2 transformations like the PT is practically an extra 2 characters work on top, and thus should be counted as 3 for the aforementioned reasons.
Listen to Vali, everyone. He's absolutely right.

Anyway PT is more like 2 character seeing as a few of his stuff (Story etc) will only be for 1 person so the work he saved from that would be put into creating another character.
AWESOME! With Batmen on our side, noone can stop us!

Alright. I've altered my roster a bit: (click here for original)

removed: Lip, Marth (:/), Mia, Mew, Ray 01.
added: Isaac, Takamaru, Mii, Micaiah.
thinking Zero-Suit Samus will have her own slot and not only be accessable via final smash.

- - - - - - - -

Mario: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Boswer Jr.
spinoffs: Wario, Yoshi

Zelda: Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link, Vaati

Pokemon: Pikachu, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer

Metroid: Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley

Kirby: Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede

Starfox: Fox, Falco, Krystal

DK: Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem: Ike, Micaiah

Other: Captain Falcon, Lucas, Olimar, Geno, Issac, Pit, Takamaru, Mii.

Third-party: Snake, Sonic, Megaman

- - - - - - - -
= 39 to 43, depending on how you want to count.
Good calls. This is a definite improvement. It's very close to perfect (even if it is over the limit)

8/10

i see that Bonk has left your prediction list, however Bomberman is still MIA.

xD

~Bomberman 4 Brawl~
You can blame Pokemon Trainer's 3 movesets for Bonk's demise. There was simply no room for him. I could definitely see Bomerman working - depending on whether Hudson actively pursued his inclusion in the game. I still can't see Sakurai or Nintendo going out of their way to include a Bomb thrower (even though I know he has the potential for some unique moves.)

when will Geno return to your list wiseguy
I'm seriously considering cutting one Pokemon (guess which one...) so that would open the door to Geno. Thoughts?

That doesn't sit right with me. B-man may be more iconic, but Belmont brings a far more unique presense and historical significance to the roster - to say nothing of the uniqueness of his fighting style. Brawl needs as many awesome characters as it can get.

wiseguy [and others] please tell me what you think of my list of charcters i think are in.
mushroom kingdom:
mario, luigi, bowser, peach, bowser jr.

yoshi series:
yoshi

warioware:
wario

dk series:
dk, diddy, king k. rool

F-zero:
captain falcon, black shadow [ maybe not but this series needs a villian ]

zelda series:
ganondorf [ completely new moveset obviously ], link, zelda, young link [ NOT WW LINK...well there was an ocarina of time music and he's a major part of the zelda series; you cant have link without y. link also vary his moves like luigi-mario] , vaati or skull kid [ one of the other actual villians in the series. one becomes playable while the other gets AT status ]

metroid:
samus/zamus, ridley

kirby series:
kirby, dedede, meta knight

classic characters:
ice climbers [ very origianl, sakurai wouldnt kill them hopefully ], mr. game and watch [ same as ice climbers ], pit

earthbound:
ness/lucas [ it's gonna be ness or lucas so i say if it's ness, have lucas as an alternate costume and vice versa ]

starfox series:
fox, falco [ make him less of a clone as luigi is to mario ], krystal, wolf [ try not to make him a clone ]

fire emblem series:
ike, marth [ he's origianl and a famous warlord so why trash him ], black knight

pokemon series:
pikachu, jigglypuff [ original 12 status ], mewtwo [ great character so his moves can be fixed up or completely remade ], pokemon trainer, blaziken [ good third-gen pokemon choice ]

new series:
captain olimar, some sort of aniaml crossing person

third-party:
snake, sonic, megaman

melee graveyard:
pichu, roy, dr. mario, sheik [ they suck, were a literal clone, or maybe a little to high tier....*cough* sheik *cough*

TOTAL- 43 characters, no clones
F-zero did need a villian and that villian was Goroh. I think the reason he wasn't included is because it was decided that there simply wasn't room for a second F-zero rep.

Wind Waker Link IS Young Link, making him the ideal replacement for the earlier model. And as the star of WW and PH, his signficance to the series is extremely high at present.

Aisde from going over the limit, this is a fairly solid roster. Good effort. 6.9/10

Heroes always arrive late.
nicely said that's what i thought.[/QUOTE]

Someone stick that quote on a t-shirt!

Bump for great justice!

That, and Metaknight was officially revealed today. I guess that he won't be unlockable...either that, or we're not just getting starters before the release date. That judgment call ought to be saved for Snake's official declaration, I suppose.
Thanks for the bump, Yoster.

I could see Meta as a starting character or unlockable. At this point, it's difficult to say what Sakurai has in mind.

**************************************​

As a side note, my University classes begin tommorow - so I'm afraid my Wall-of-paining days are over. As much as I like reading everyone's posts and rating everyone's rosters I just won't have the time with all my studies consuming my life.

However, the good news is that now that every post won't take me over an hour I'll try and post more frequently so you won't see be go MIA for days or weeks. I'll try and pop in at least once or twice a day to weigh in on the topic at hand assuming you fine folks are still willing to post here.

88 days until Brawl... and counting!

Vali

Smash Ace
Oh MP3? That's the reason for your slacking? At least some people get to play it I suppose ;(. Out of curiosity, is it your first year at uni and what are you studying?

Will miss the wall of pains though, they were your trademark. :x

Oh, and my new avatar freakin' rules.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
True, TP won't be the most recent game in a few months. But the character roster won't be finalized after October, that was likely done eariler this year - when TP was still hot off the presses.
The problem with this logic is that Sakurai and his team most likely knew about all of Nintendos future progects and when they will be released ahead of time. This means that they knew about Tingles game being released internationally probably before everyone else.

F-zero did need a villian and that villian was Goroh.
Oh for the love of..... GOROH WAS A RIVAL NOT A VILLAIN THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

I think the reason he wasn't included is because it was decided that there simply wasn't room for a second F-zero rep.
Or maybe the fanboys put Goroh on a high pedestal and made him seem more important than he really was. The same thing is happening with the Midna and the Falco fanboys. Just because a character is hyped up in the eyes of the fans doesn't mean anything toward what gets in the game. Have you ever considered that Goroh isn't playable because Sakurai doesn't give a **** if Falcon gets a rival? Maybe he wanted to put in a character who is actually important to the story of the F-Zero series instead of a character who just has a connection to Falcon. Seriously, I don't understand why people disregard the F-Zero storyline and just go with who is more famous. To do so is to have terrible logic and is idiotic.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously considering cutting one Pokemon (guess which one...) so that would open the door to Geno. Thoughts?
Thoughts? Bye bye Munchlax, hello Geno!

Thanks for the bump, Yoster.

I could see Meta as a starting character or unlockable. At this point, it's difficult to say what Sakurai has in mind.
Quite welcome :)

And yeah, no kidding about it being difficult to say that Sakurai has in mind. He seems to be insane in all the right ways...

As a side note, my University classes begin tommorow - so I'm afraid my Wall-of-paining days are over. As much as I like reading everyone's posts and rating everyone's rosters I just won't have the time with all my studies consuming my life.

However, the good news is that now that every post won't take me over an hour I'll try and post more frequently so you won't see be go MIA for days or weeks. I'll try and pop in at least once or twice a day to weigh in on the topic at hand assuming you fine folks are still willing to post here.

88 days until Brawl... and counting!
Good luck in college! Enjoy it, I sure fondly remember my college days...much Melee with friends was had :chuckle:

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Sabre and Richard? I've never heard of their game. Was it made by Nintendo?
Sable and Richard's game (whose name can be translated to) "For the Frog the Bell Tolls" was indeed made by Nintendo. It's a top down action RPG, that switched to 2D platforming for some areas, whose engine was later used to make Link's Awakening. Prince Richard even makes a cameo in LA. Apparently, it's a cult favourite in Japan as well as the ROM community.

Also, I finally bought Drill Dozer after a few months of deciding and, well, it's awesome. Probably the single most giddy-inducing game ever. Jill definately needs to appear in SSBB.

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Cut Munchlax and add Geno? Not very realistic, but I guess it´s nice idea.
I'd sure count Geno's chances of appearing higher than Munchlax's. I'd say a returner like Jiggs or Mewtwo, or the ever popular Lucario have much better chances than Munchlax, even.

I guess I just don't really see Munchlax as a Brawl character, but that's just my opinion.

Sable and Richard's game (whose name can be translated to) "For the Frog the Bell Tolls" was indeed made by Nintendo. It's a top down action RPG, that switched to 2D platforming for some areas, whose engine was later used to make Link's Awakening. Prince Richard even makes a cameo in LA. Apparently, it's a cult favourite in Japan as well as the ROM community.

Also, I finally bought Drill Dozer after a few months of deciding and, well, it's awesome. Probably the single most giddy-inducing game ever. Jill definately needs to appear in SSBB.
YES! More Jill converts! JILL FOR BRAWL!!!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Oh MP3? That's the reason for your slacking? At least some people get to play it I suppose ;(. Out of curiosity, is it your first year at uni and what are you studying?

Will miss the wall of pains though, they were your trademark. :x

Oh, and my new avatar freakin' rules.
Second year, actually. I'm taking a bachelor of arts and majoring in Political Science.

I feel bad for you dude. Prime 3 is a steller game. From what I hear, Bioshock was released in Europe close to it's North American release. Why can't Nintendo Europe get itself together?

Cool avitar. Where's it from?

The problem with this logic is that Sakurai and his team most likely knew about all of Nintendos future progects and when they will be released ahead of time. This means that they knew about Tingles game being released internationally probably before everyone else.
It's a fair argument (and I do think Tingle can a fair shot of stealing Midna's slot on the roster) but Tingle presents a unique problem: he's very importanat to the series, but very unpopular in North America. Of course, Sakurai is in charge - so he might choose Tingle anyway.

Oh for the love of..... GOROH WAS A RIVAL NOT A VILLAIN THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!
Sorry, I guess "antagonist" is more appropriate. So to recap: F-Zero needed an antagonist, and Goroh was it.

Or maybe the fanboys put Goroh on a high pedestal and made him seem more important than he really was. The same thing is happening with the Midna and the Falco fanboys. Just because a character is hyped up in the eyes of the fans doesn't mean anything toward what gets in the game. Have you ever considered that Goroh isn't playable because Sakurai doesn't give a **** if Falcon gets a rival? Maybe he wanted to put in a character who is actually important to the story of the F-Zero series instead of a character who just has a connection to Falcon. Seriously, I don't understand why people disregard the F-Zero storyline and just go with who is more famous. To do so is to have terrible logic and is idiotic.

I have considered the storyline Numa, becuase you remind me every chance you get! ;) I know that the popularity factor isn't everything, but I think completely disregarding it is a mistake as well. Jigglypuff, for example, got in Smash due mostly to being popular in Japan.

Being both popular AND relatively important in the F-Zero cannon (from what I understand) it seems to me that Goroh was the prime candidate for the second F-Zero rep. And the fact that he is a trophy could be an indication that there simply wasn't time to include a second rep for this underapreciated series.

I'm not saying that I'm definitely right, or even that I WANT to be right in this case (I think Pico would be neat) but I can't understand how you are so positive that Pico will make the cut. This is Sakuarai we're talking about. We can't be sure of ANYTHING.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Halo 3 can have it's glory, but only until December 3rd, when the Wii completely buries it and it's home system.

I don't need a 360, I'll let my friend (A Halo fan) take care of that. Then, if I ever feel like playing F.E.A.R (amazing game, scary as hell) or Halo Wars (even I admit it looks pretty good), I can just loiter at his house. But only if somehow I don't get Brawl.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why do you people even bother supporting Pico and Goroh anyway? because we all know there is only room for one other F-Zero pilot... who is even more important than Falcon... his name is...

Mr. Ead

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm glad you asked.

BECAUSE THEY GAVE PRIME 3 AN 8.5/10 - EVEN LOWER THAN THE 8.8 THEY GAVE TWILIGHT PRINCES!!! :mad::mad::mad:

And we hates them for it.... we hates them forever!!!!

*Ahem* So, yeah. Light your torches and sharpen those pitchforks - we're going to Gamespot HQ.
Gamespot sucks. Giving Majora's Mask a 8.0, Mario Kart 64 a 6.4, Super Mario Sunshine a 8.0, Twilight Princess a 8.8, and Prime 3 a 8.5. Gamespot needs to be shot, have Falcon knee them in the b***s, have Solid Snake slit their throat, and Link slash the crap out of them in the 10,000 foot fall! :laugh: *calms down* Seriously though, all those games rock. I've played Prime 3 like 3 hours, and it's already a 10/10 game in my mind. Beat MGS2....10/10 game, for sure! :) Anyways, Prime 3 has amazing graphics [very artistic, and cool comicbook like], and it's soundtrack is wat I wish TP's was. Seriously, TP is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 10 game. And they give Sould Calibur [good game] and Tony Hawk Pro Skater a 10/10. Shameless I SAY! :mad:

Sorry for my extended absense (again) but Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is pretty much consuming all my free time at the moment. Prime is my second favorite series (right after Smash) and so far, this one is the best yet. The graphics in Prime 3 are incredibly stunning and the control is tighter and more precise than any other FPS I have played. I love Twilight Princess, but Prime 3 kicks the tar out of that game.
That last line is LIES! NOthing beats Twilight Princess, nothing! Samus might have had a good early fight, but that King Bokoblin fight pwns the ever awsome Ridley pitfalling fight anyday. And btw, you forgot the awsome music. The music is the penical of the series, topping my old favorite Fusion, and crushing it. Only the classic Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Mario music beats it IMO.

By the way, I'm organizing a Nintendo fan rally. We're going to storm Gamespot HQ with torches and pitchforks. Who's with me?
I!!!! For king, country, Mario Kart 64, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, and Corruption, ATTACK!

Poor Gypsy. He hates the Prime trilogy too. I think he only likes Super Metroid.
It's time for a Revolver Ocelot like interogation. "This isn't the geniva [I know I spelled that wrong] convention."

There ya go. That's what it said in thre opening of WW. It fits with what happened in the ending of OoT, but not TP. In TP, Link wasn't even a boy.
Yes, but wat if it was a conspiracy. Sortal ike MGS2: Sons of Liberty. Wait, I spoiled it, o no, more spoilers. WHY ARE ALL 3 hours of cutscenes so good=??? Seriously, storywise that's the best Metal Gear game, ever. It was worth the $6. :grin: Heck, it's worth $60, just at a tenth the price!

And btw, the WW ending shows Link as a adult, since in the future they never saw him leave as a kid. It's either some famous painting or way he left in the past, or...just a cool picture.

Where dis it say in TP that Ganondorf was sealed away? He was defeated (impaled through the chest) and that's it. I suspect this is how Ganondorf died in the hyrule A- timeline, while his death in WW marked his demise in Hyrule B.
Well Nintendo confirmed TP to take place inbetween OOT and WW. Ganondorf has died 3/4 times. In ALTTP he dies. in TP he dies. In WW he dies. And in OoS and OoA in the secret ending he is revised, then dies. So he ***could*** go back to the dark world and the seal in which he came from, until WW. I'm guessing the sword strike is wat really limits his power in the opening of WW, not really the god's wishes. [hint: The sage incident]

To recap:

OoT(Past)>MM>TP

OoT(Future)>WW>PH
You forgot OoS and OoA, where Ganon is revised, and dies. In ALTTP he also dies, which could be the end of the timeline A, except for OoA or OoS of course.

Yeah, I guess.
Capcom did great work, by teaming with Nintendo making the best 2D LOZ in ALTTP [definitely a classic], and making OoS and OoA. Definite classics. In fact, all Zeldas are classics IMO, really.

Indeed. I heard about it recently in the Gametrailers.com retrospective. Nintendo should have shown more respect to the man behind one of their greatest franchises.
That was a good retrospective. Saw all 5. Now I need to see more of the Final Fantasy retorspective. Stopped at the whole FF8/9 part.

A nice fix of his vaccume and his M&L moveset would be good I think. I thought he was fine in Melee, but a 100% unique moveset designed from scratch is in order to justify Luigi’s return.
His return is justified enough in that Mario is the only more reconizable video game character. Period. He needs some M&L decloning, but a Vacuum Moveset seems kinda lame. Maybe as a item or final smash. <_<

Castelvania is a huge, legendary series man. If any series deserves a playable rep, it does.
But it fails in sales, along with Bomberman. They both wither in fear next to the Metal Gear, Sonic, and Megaman series, for sure.

Who ever said that a clone has to be the total inverse of the original. Look at Fox and Falco: they are essentially two fast fighters, with minor tweaks to set them apart. With Ike and BK, you can choose your flavor: heavy swordsman or ULTRA heavy swordsman.
Fox's dB: Great for hitting opponents down, and the fastest move in the game.
Falco's db: Great for juggling opponents, and mindgaming them into KO'ing them up.

Fox's nB: Great for lots of damage here and there.
Falco's nB: Great for spam to melee and grab comboing them.

Fox's dA: Great for KO's.
Falco's dA: Great for juggling and combos.

Fox's uA: Great for juggling and combos.
Falco's uA: Great for KO's.

Fox's dAir: THE BEST DAMAGE RACKER EVER! [it's super cheap]
Falco's dAir: Exellent meteor smash, and is a super Koing and for bouncing your opponent off the groud [as a combo] move.

See the diffrence=???

Tough break, Numa. Still, as ATs go, you’ve gotta admit that he’s the most awesome so far.
That's the SNES [fake] Andross. Andross would hae never been playable, but the N64 [real] Andross could very well be a boss. Hopefully. :)

Ah, that takes me back. I wasted many an hour of my life played SF64. Amazing game. I’m currently debating whether it’s worth ten bucks to purchase again on virtual console…
*cough* SMRPG, ALTTP. ;)

And for Legolastom, it's all about Captain Falcon going solo, unless Pico or Blood Falcon join him. Deathborne is unworthy, and Black Shadow is a wimp. Black Shadow sucking should go down in the Bible. Seriously. :laugh:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yes, but wat if it was a conspiracy. Sortal ike MGS2: Sons of Liberty. Wait, I spoiled it, o no, more spoilers. WHY ARE ALL 3 hours of cutscenes so good=??? Seriously, storywise that's the best Metal Gear game, ever. It was worth the $6. :grin: Heck, it's worth $60, just at a tenth the price!
See the underlined text.

Sorry, Johnknight, but I totally disagree with this. I thought MGS2's storyline was absolutely horrid. It's one thing to make a story labyrinthine and politically charged; it's another thing to make it so convoluted and far-fetched that it gets mired in the clockwork that it has fabricated. I mean, seriously, Vamp being a vampire just because he thinks he's one? (Spoilers here)
The founding fathers of the United States actually being "alive" in the sense that they have amassed some sort of psychic consciousness?
Bleh. However, the ending was fantastic and left an indelible mark in my colored history of video gaming. It's kinda like my feelings towards Hostel and its ending: I didn't like the rest of the movie (primarily because I'm a pansy-*** and the psychology behind it disturbed me on a level that I'd rather not get into) but the ending was just appropriate and (in my opinion) riveting. I literally said in the theatre, loud enough for everyone around me to hear, that "That mother****er deserved it." Of course, I didn't say that at the end of MGS2 (or have such hostile feelings towards any of the characters)---but, I was actually emotional enough to pontificate over it for a long time.

I'm not knocking MGS2 completely. In terms of gameplay, it's a marvel. For that alone, it deserves a 10/10. I just didn't find the story as good as MGS1.

Smooth Criminal

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
See the underlined text.

Sorry, Johnknight, but I totally disagree with this. I thought MGS2's storyline was absolutely horrid. It's one thing to make a story labyrinthine and politically charged; it's another thing to make it so convoluted and far-fetched that it gets mired in the clockwork that it has fabricated. I mean, seriously, Vamp being a vampire just because he thinks he's one? (Spoilers here)
The founding fathers of the United States actually being "alive" in the sense that they have amassed some sort of psychic consciousness?
Bleh. However, the ending was fantastic and left an indelible mark in my colored history of video gaming. It's kinda like my feelings towards Hostel and its ending: I didn't like the rest of the movie (primarily because I'm a pansy-*** and the psychology behind it disturbed me on a level that I'd rather not get into) but the ending was just appropriate and (in my opinion) riveting. I literally said in the theatre, loud enough for everyone around me to hear, that "That mother****er deserved it." Of course, I didn't say that at the end of MGS2 (or have such hostile feelings towards any of the characters)---but, I was actually emotional enough to pontificate over it for a long time.

I'm not knocking MGS2 completely. In terms of gameplay, it's a marvel. For that alone, it deserves a 10/10. I just didn't find the story as good as MGS1.

Smooth Criminal
Well I say make watever type of story you like. I can lay my flag down, and watch a good story unfold, that is sheer genius. Plus you overlooked the begining, stating it was all fake, and never has or will happen. It showed political corruption, and how far left and right winged people can cause corruption, and how radicalism is bad. IDK, I guess I like political aspects of stuff, since that kinda stuff amuses me. It had a good story, with a mindtwisting part with Raiden. Explains how he is wat he is in MGS4...a f***ing awsome NINJA! :)

But the whole story was great, showing how when political idealolgies of extremism collide [the Patriots and the terrorists], along with the peace keepers, thing get messy. It was very political [but never really took a left or right side per se], and it showed how extremism is bad, all while telling a amazing psychological thriller [with the whole Patriot Raiden deal]. It also had a amazing ending, that was truely one of the best in gaming, from after the final fight, to "What the Hell?" XD Great game storywise, gameplaywise, music wise, etc. etc. etc. I liked MGS3's gameplay more, but this is my favorite MGS in story....until MGS4 pwns all of them! :)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
They will be in the game, but no one said they were PLAYABLE. Anyways, FLUDD as Mario's dB, Pokémon Stadium 2...whoa. I guess Luigi's and Mario's n Z or something is now their tornado, and Luigi will have his vacuum as a dB or something. I'm a feeling Luigi.

-Mama Mia! XD

-Johnknight1

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Mario gets FLUDD.
I'd say this is very good for Bowser Jr.'s chances, which have been falling in the estimation of many for some reason. Sakurai is putting great emphasis on Sunshine, thus its main villain may be included.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes, Mario gets FLUDD.
I'd say this is very good for Bowser Jr.'s chances, which have been falling in the estimation of many for some reason. Sakurai is putting great emphasis on Sunshine, thus its main villain may be included.
Very good reasoning! :) Anyways, I see a heavy Sunshine empasises, while Galaxy, SMB3, and SMW2 should definitely be sorta in the game, along with NEW SMB. Maybe even SMRPG [Geno] hopefully! :) Kinda like Zelda and TP at the current moment. We're bound to see a 2nd biggest game impact soon. Will it be NEW SMB, or Galaxy=??? *the suspense* :)

I'm out, catch ya all later.

-Johnknight1! :)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I've only got a sec, but here's my two cents:

Pokemon Stadium 2: Cool stuff! I wasn't really looking forward to playing in the same old stage anyway. The flying configuration sounds as if it will make blood boil in some purist camps.

FLOOD: Awesome! I'm a Mario main (well, a Doc main. Same differance...) so it's great to see the character get a cool new attack. I wonder which of his standard attacks will be replaced with the tornado...?

I say this definately increases the chances of Luigi getting an all new moveset, hopefully involving the Vaccume in some fashion.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
It's a fair argument (and I do think Tingle can a fair shot of stealing Midna's slot on the roster) but Tingle presents a unique problem: he's very importanat to the series, but very unpopular in North America. Of course, Sakurai is in charge - so he might choose Tingle anyway.
Tingle isn't unpopular in North America. He has steadily been gaining popularity everywhere in the world ever since his game was released.

Sorry, I guess "antagonist" is more appropriate. So to recap: F-Zero needed an antagonist, and Goroh was it.
So there is no one else in the F-Zero series who could be a suitable antagonist? Not Pico, not Black Shadow and not even Deathborne?

I have considered the storyline Numa, becuase you remind me every chance you get! ;) I know that the popularity factor isn't everything, but I think completely disregarding it is a mistake as well. Jigglypuff, for example, got in Smash due mostly to being popular in Japan.
The problem with that analogy is that Sakurai said himself he doesn't care about popular characters and since this smash is his last one he is trying to make this smash the way he wants to and not the way the Nintendo execs want.

Being both popular AND relatively important in the F-Zero cannon (from what I understand) it seems to me that Goroh was the prime candidate for the second F-Zero rep.
Goroh is COMPLETELY unimportant to the F-Zero canon. The only reason people think that is because Goroh is Falcons rival, but in reality simply having a relation to the main character doesn't warrant a spot in smash as a playable. I'd bet ALOT the only reason Goroh was included at all was because of his original four status.

And the fact that he is a trophy could be an indication that there simply wasn't time to include a second rep for this underapreciated series.
You need to stop assuming the worst about brawl every time something happens. They have all of the code from melee which means all of the returning characters who will retain the majority of their moveset will take less time than even a clone and they have a huge team that has been working their butts off to make this game so don't go off about them not having enough time to include two F-Zero reps.

I'm not saying that I'm definitely right, or even that I WANT to be right in this case (I think Pico would be neat) but I can't understand how you are so positive that Pico will make the cut. This is Sakuarai we're talking about. We can't be sure of ANYTHING.
I don't see how you can say to me we can't be sure of anything when in the face of evidence you say Shiek won't return.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Hmmmm.....

F.L.U.D.D. Mario....

Hmmmmm..................

Okay, I like it. Ranged weapon with great knockback = great edge guarding. It also establishes a much better difference between Mario and Luigi.

If Luigi is going to use the vacumm, it had better be as a Final Smash.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo did not confirm WW to be between OOT and TP Johnknight. They confirmed the exact opposite, that they're in split timelines. But anyway...

The F.L.U.D.D looks awesome, but I am interested about what's gonna be removed for Mario Tornado. Cause I love that move. My bet's on the Down Aerial, since they were quite similar. Though it could be a possible Down A, I suppose.

As for PS2, I'm loving Flying Mode, super-jumps for everybody! This has the potential for chaos. I love it far too much. And Ice Mode reminds me of the insane fun that can be had on Soul Caliber II with the Ice Stage and infinite health, so I expect I can have some fun there. Ground looks yawnable. I wanted earthquakes and/or fissures, **** it. Fissures!

I wonder what electric type is gonna be like. Perhaps random lightning strikes? Which get attracted to metal characters? That'd be fun. Unlikely, but fun.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
hey, this article says that ganondorf and sheik are coming back.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=14154

think they might be assist trophies? i think sheik will be, but ganondorf should come back as a character.
Observe the bold font...

I've only got a sec, but here's my two cents:

Pokemon Stadium 2: Cool stuff! I wasn't really looking forward to playing in the same old stage anyway. The flying configuration sounds as if it will make blood boil in some purist camps.
I have reason to believe that Pokemon Stadium:Melee will be returning as a "past stage".

Not saying that's confirmed, but I think the odds are high if you're gonna call your new stage "Pokemon stadium 2", and not "Pokemon Stadium".

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I never thought i would put "PS2" and favorite in the same sentence but PS2 might be one of my favorite stages again.

Top Bottom