• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Zhilo

Smash Apprentice
Meh, regardless of that article, I still don't think sheick is come back playable. These guys are making thier interpretation of what was said. Just because it was cuoted that the models were made and are being tweaked for use in brawl, it doesn't automatically mean they will be playable. For all we know, Sheick could be an AT. Still needs an articulated model, but not for character purposes.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Alright, another double update! YAE! :)

Edit; F*** double updates, TRIPLE UPDATE! OPA!!!!

Nintendo did not confirm WW to be between OOT and TP Johnknight. They confirmed the exact opposite, that they're in split timelines. But anyway...
OOT is the split obviously. And I never said WW was inbetween OOT and TP, but rather TP inbetween OOT [earlier], and WW [later]. ;)

Hey JonhKnight not to be rude but i suggest reading as many threads as you can on this forums http://www.thehylia.com/forums/the-book-of-mudora-b29.0/ when you have come back and then we can talk about the time line ; )

(He he TP was between WW and OOT... *sigh*)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN1BF65WjI

And your link was wierd Legolastom, could you try redoing it please [since I think the Hylia is one of the greatest Zelda sites out there]. :)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Alright, another double update! YAE! :)

Edit; F*** double updates, TRIPLE UPDATE! OPA!!!!

OOT is the split obviously. And I never said WW was inbetween OOT and TP, but rather TP inbetween OOT [earlier], and WW [later]. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXN1BF65WjI

And your link was wierd Legolastom, could you try redoing it please [since I think the Hylia is one of the greatest Zelda sites out there]. :)
Ok here is the deal TP is between OOT and WW... but in a different dimension so it doesn't really matter.

And just go to the www.thehylia.com/forums and go to "The Book of Mudora" thats where all the timelines and proof n such is.

(Very interesting actually and it could help you clear a lot of things up).

And yhea Zentendo and The Hylia FTW!! (Zentendos a bit... lacking though).

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
BUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!

But seriously, how about the latest updates? It gives us a bit of an inside look at Brawl, not just it's music. For instance, they apparently have an options section and the picture of the stage is painted on Brawl style. I like th idea of CDs and having music from other games. The Smashinng Composers thread must be having a ball with this one!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Regi is a wimp fopr the first hour he is out of his PokeBall all it takes is a simple kick and he is dead!

(He would make a stage / Pokeball though)

Yhea a stage! fighting on RegiGigas's back!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think all the Regis are quite lame. As are Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. I'm very much against the idea of ridiculously powerful pokemon, in the manner of controlling all of time, space or the universe. The legendaries have begun to really bite in terms of their characters/backstory. Stats are fine, but not the actual characters... D/P is pretty fun so far though, despite the ****y Legendaries.

For pokeballs? Jigglypuff! Doing its sing move. Cause I kind of hope she'll be out, given the three-in-one Pokemon Trainer. I want Tropius, cause it's awesome, but I doubt it'll appear. Oh, and I also wanna see Sableye or Spiritomb. Not sure what they'd do, but they're vaguely notable for being the only pokemon without any weaknesses, so I'd like to see one of them.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm trying to tone down my wall of pains (I hardly have the time anymore) but here's a mini wall. Thanks to Ferro and Jimmysilvers for bumping the thread.

Gamespot sucks. Giving Majora's Mask a 8.0, Mario Kart 64 a 6.4, Super Mario Sunshine a 8.0, Twilight Princess a 8.8, and Prime 3 a 8.5. Gamespot needs to be shot, have Falcon knee them in the b***s, have Solid Snake slit their throat, and Link slash the crap out of them in the 10,000 foot fall! :laugh: *calms down* Seriously though, all those games rock. I've played Prime 3 like 3 hours, and it's already a 10/10 game in my mind. Beat MGS2....10/10 game, for sure! :) Anyways, Prime 3 has amazing graphics [very artistic, and cool comicbook like], and it's soundtrack is wat I wish TP's was. Seriously, TP is a 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 out of 10 game. And they give Sould Calibur [good game] and Tony Hawk Pro Skater a 10/10. Shameless I SAY! :mad:

That last line is LIES! NOthing beats Twilight Princess, nothing! Samus might have had a good early fight, but that King Bokoblin fight pwns the ever awsome Ridley pitfalling fight anyday. And btw, you forgot the awsome music. The music is the penical of the series, topping my old favorite Fusion, and crushing it. Only the classic Zelda, Donkey Kong, and Mario music beats it IMO.

I!!!! For king, country, Mario Kart 64, Majora's Mask, Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, and Corruption, ATTACK!

It's time for a Revolver Ocelot like interogation. "This isn't the geniva [I know I spelled that wrong] convention."

Yes, but wat if it was a conspiracy. Sortal ike MGS2: Sons of Liberty. Wait, I spoiled it, o no, more spoilers. WHY ARE ALL 3 hours of cutscenes so good=??? Seriously, storywise that's the best Metal Gear game, ever. It was worth the $6. :grin: Heck, it's worth $60, just at a tenth the price!

And btw, the WW ending shows Link as a adult, since in the future they never saw him leave as a kid. It's either some famous painting or way he left in the past, or...just a cool picture.

Well Nintendo confirmed TP to take place inbetween OOT and WW. Ganondorf has died 3/4 times. In ALTTP he dies. in TP he dies. In WW he dies. And in OoS and OoA in the secret ending he is revised, then dies. So he ***could*** go back to the dark world and the seal in which he came from, until WW. I'm guessing the sword strike is wat really limits his power in the opening of WW, not really the god's wishes. [hint: The sage incident]

You forgot OoS and OoA, where Ganon is revised, and dies. In ALTTP he also dies, which could be the end of the timeline A, except for OoA or OoS of course.

Capcom did great work, by teaming with Nintendo making the best 2D LOZ in ALTTP [definitely a classic], and making OoS and OoA. Definite classics. In fact, all Zeldas are classics IMO, really.

That was a good retrospective. Saw all 5. Now I need to see more of the Final Fantasy retorspective. Stopped at the whole FF8/9 part.

His return is justified enough in that Mario is the only more reconizable video game character. Period. He needs some M&L decloning, but a Vacuum Moveset seems kinda lame. Maybe as a item or final smash. <_<

But it fails in sales, along with Bomberman. They both wither in fear next to the Metal Gear, Sonic, and Megaman series, for sure.

Fox's dB: Great for hitting opponents down, and the fastest move in the game.
Falco's db: Great for juggling opponents, and mindgaming them into KO'ing them up.

Fox's nB: Great for lots of damage here and there.
Falco's nB: Great for spam to melee and grab comboing them.

Fox's dA: Great for KO's.
Falco's dA: Great for juggling and combos.

Fox's uA: Great for juggling and combos.
Falco's uA: Great for KO's.

Fox's dAir: THE BEST DAMAGE RACKER EVER! [it's super cheap]
Falco's dAir: Exellent meteor smash, and is a super Koing and for bouncing your opponent off the groud [as a combo] move.

See the diffrence=???

That's the SNES [fake] Andross. Andross would hae never been playable, but the N64 [real] Andross could very well be a boss. Hopefully. :)

*cough* SMRPG, ALTTP. ;)

And for Legolastom, it's all about Captain Falcon going solo, unless Pico or Blood Falcon join him. Deathborne is unworthy, and Black Shadow is a wimp. Black Shadow sucking should go down in the Bible. Seriously. :laugh:
Sorry JK1, but I think we'll have to call you the victor in this quote war (which I think has been going on for about as long as this thread has existed...) as I'm too worn out to respond to all of your points. Here's a couple quick replies:

Gamespot: 100% agreed. They suck big time.

Twilight Princess vs. Corruption: As much as I love Twilight Princess, Corruption has it beat. Being designed from the ground up for the Wii, the controls give the game a far more "next gen" feel as they are probably the best controls in FPS history. Both feature incredible boss battles, but the bosses in Corruption (particularly the one's late in the game) offer a much greater challenge. And yeah, the music is pretty mind blowing.

Zelda timeline: I'm not sure we can resolve this one, my friend. It might be best if we agreed to disagree.

Tingle isn't unpopular in North America. He has steadily been gaining popularity everywhere in the world ever since his game was released.
Perhaps, but North America is a key market for Nintendo so it could go either way.

So there is no one else in the F-Zero series who could be a suitable antagonist? Not Pico, not Black Shadow and not even Deathborne?
They would be suitable, but just I can't see any of them being chosen over Goroh.

The problem with that analogy is that Sakurai said himself he doesn't care about popular characters and since this smash is his last one he is trying to make this smash the way he wants to and not the way the Nintendo execs want.
I've not heard that one before. Could you provide a quote please?

Goroh is COMPLETELY unimportant to the F-Zero canon. The only reason people think that is because Goroh is Falcons rival, but in reality simply having a relation to the main character doesn't warrant a spot in smash as a playable. I'd bet ALOT the only reason Goroh was included at all was because of his original four status.
Being part of the F-zero series (a rival to Falcon, nonetheless) and one of the origianl four gives him SOME importance to the F-Zero canon, surely.

You need to stop assuming the worst about brawl every time something happens. They have all of the code from melee which means all of the returning characters who will retain the majority of their moveset will take less time than even a clone and they have a huge team that has been working their butts off to make this game so don't go off about them not having enough time to include two F-Zero reps.
You might be right, and I'll be the first to congradulate you if it turns out you are correct. However, I still anticipate a smallish roster (35-40) in Brawl with more balanced characters and a greater emphasis on different modes like the subspace emisary. I don't see that as "assuming the worst", just being cautously realistic.

QUOTE=Numa Dude;2862655]
I don't see how you can say to me we can't be sure of anything when in the face of evidence you say Shiek won't return. [/QUOTE]

Touche' :)

I have reason to believe that Pokemon Stadium:Melee will be returning as a "past stage".

Not saying that's confirmed, but I think the odds are high if you're gonna call your new stage "Pokemon stadium 2", and not "Pokemon Stadium".
Interesting point. There must be a reason that Battlefield isn't called Battlefield 2.

wiseguy can you at least bumpmy roster predictions up to a 7. 6.9 is so close and i'll feel like i'm awesome.
If it'll make you feel better...

7/10.1 ;)

REGIGIGAS DEMANDS A POKEBALL POKEMON PREDICTION LIST!
Sure thing! Here's my first 3 Pokeball predictions:

1) Sqidward

Descirption: The Squidward Pokeball emerges and bruises the player's ego with a sacastic comment and a look that says "Were you born stupid or is it an art you perfected to annoy me?"

2) Jack Bauer

Desciption: The dreaded Jack Bauer Pokeball strikes fear into the hearts of all Smashers. Bauer emerges, and proceeds to use his advanced interogation techniques on the first character he sees. Not only does it take out all the character's stock, but it has a 50% chance of making the player die in real life.

3) Where's Waldo?

Desciption: One of the more annoying Pokeballs, Waldo hides and in the stage background and causes the player to go mad searching more his stupid smiling face, striped shirt and stocking cap. Curse you Waldo!!!!

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Time for a fun round of "Sakurai-san Says!!"

#201-210: Sakurai says in response to an email asking only for well-known characters (like Mario, Link, etc.) to appear in SSBB, "Asking only for popular characters to appear in Smash...doesn't get me excited"
Typical ambiguous answer. :/ (I believe this being Mr. Sakurai's/the last SSB game is merely hearsay as is the part about him going against the Nintendo executives. <_<)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Even though I love Pokemon, those are the best Pokeball suggestions I've seen.
Lol, Waldo...

How about you field suggestions, and post 'em up?

Got a couple:
Regice-Icy Wind-Sends a blast of cold wind acros the stage. The wind blows for about ten seconds, before abating.
Regirock-Ancientpower-Regirock shoots out a blast of glowing rocks.
Registeel-Metal Claw-Rapidly lunges forward, and slashes.
Regigigas-Comes out only after all three Regis have come out of Pokeballs within a battle.
Jumps up and down, squashing fighters under its feet.
Kyogre-Freezing?-Kyogre sits on the stage, and is exceptionally cold, freezing everyone who touches it.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only pokemon that I am convinced will appear in Brawl as a poke'ball is: Porygon-Z...

I mean his last 2 forms have been in Smash 64 and Melee...I think Porygon-Z will logically be in Brawl...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Perhaps, but North America is a key market for Nintendo so it could go either way.
We'll just have to wait and see won't we.

They would be suitable, but just I can't see any of them being chosen over Goroh.
The only reason you say that is because Goroh was overhyped in the eyes of the fans. Instead of being a fanboy and acting like Goroh was the only possible second F-Zero rep why don't you think for a few minutes about why Goroh wasn't chosen like I did and come to your own conclusion that isn't just assuming the worst.

Devastlian already did.:)

Being part of the F-zero series (a rival to Falcon, nonetheless) and one of the origianl four gives him SOME importance to the F-Zero canon, surely.
Obviously only enough to be an assist trophy and not playable.

You might be right, and I'll be the first to congradulate you if it turns out you are correct. However, I still anticipate a smallish roster (35-40) in Brawl with more balanced characters and a greater emphasis on different modes like the subspace emisary. I don't see that as "assuming the worst", just being cautously realistic.
Dude, I made a 40 character roster with 2 F-Zero reps so it's defenitley possible for it to happen. Maybe if you didn't cram so many obscure retro and third party characters in to your roster you would have enough room for one too.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Time for a fun round of "Sakurai-san Says!!"

Typical ambiguous answer. :/ (I believe this being Mr. Sakurai's/the last SSB game is merely hearsay as is the part about him going against the Nintendo executives. <_<)
Personally, I think that quote is pretty flimsy to jump to the conclusion that Sakurai doesn't consider the popularity of a character at all. It's not the ONLY factor, certainly, (importance in their series of origin, originality of their moveset, etc. are also important) but I suspect that it will still factor into his decision.

Even though I love Pokemon, those are the best Pokeball suggestions I've seen.
Lol, Waldo...

How about you field suggestions, and post 'em up?

Got a couple:
Regice-Icy Wind-Sends a blast of cold wind acros the stage. The wind blows for about ten seconds, before abating.
Regirock-Ancientpower-Regirock shoots out a blast of glowing rocks.
Registeel-Metal Claw-Rapidly lunges forward, and slashes.
Regigigas-Comes out only after all three Regis have come out of Pokeballs within a battle.
Jumps up and down, squashing fighters under its feet.
Kyogre-Freezing?-Kyogre sits on the stage, and is exceptionally cold, freezing everyone who touches it.
Glad you liked them, but I agree: you guys should probably suggest the Pokemon. I'll post these post haiste.

The only reason you say that is because Goroh was overhyped in the eyes of the fans. Instead of being a fanboy and acting like Goroh was the only possible second F-Zero rep why don't you think for a few minutes about why Goroh wasn't chosen like I did and come to your own conclusion that isn't just assuming the worst.
Well, it's like this Numa. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that tommorow Ridley was confirmed to be a non-playable boss character or Assist Trophy. After I finished weaping bitterly, I would probably come to the conclusion that Samus will once again be the only Metroid rep. Sure, I could hold onto hope and say "this totally increases Dark Samus' chances!" but I would probably just be kidding myself. Becuase if a second Metroid character were to make the cut, Ridley would the logical choice.

When I originally made my list, I considered two things:

1) "Will there be a second F-Zero rep?" and 2) "If there is, who would it be?"

Becuase I'm a fan of the series, I decided to aire on the side of optimism and predict a second rep. I then concluded that Goroh was the logical choice for the second rep, since he is Falcon's rival, one of the original four, the most popular character (besides Falcon) and was featured in the Melee intro movie (so Sakurai at least knows who he is). It's not that I thought he was the ONLY choice, but he was certainly the BEST choice, objectively speaking.

The reason I believe Goroh was not included is there is only going to be one character from the series: Falcon. It was always a possibility, and since the logical choice for a second F-Zero rep is an AT it's now looking more likely.

Obviously only enough to be an assist trophy and not playable.
Obviously. Which is why I don't like the chances of other, less known characters in the series.

Dude, I made a 40 character roster with 2 F-Zero reps so it's defenitley possible for it to happen. Maybe if you didn't cram so many obscure retro and third party characters in to your roster you would have enough room for one too.
I agree. It deifintiely is possible. But it is also possible that it won't happen. I just think that the second possibility is more likely.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Well, it's like this Numa. Let's say, for the sake of argument, that tommorow Ridley was confirmed to be a non-playable boss character or Assist Trophy. After I finished weaping bitterly, I would probably come to the conclusion that Samus will once again be the only Metroid rep. Sure, I could hold onto hope and say "this totally increases Dark Samus' chances!" but I would probably just be kidding myself. Becuase if a second Metroid character were to make the cut, Ridley would the logical choice.

When I originally made my list, I considered two things:

1) "Will there be a second F-Zero rep?" and 2) "If there is, who would it be?"

Becuase I'm a fan of the series, I decided to aire on the side of optimism and predict a second rep. I then concluded that Goroh was the logical choice for the second rep, since he is Falcon's rival, one of the original four, the most popular character (besides Falcon) and was featured in the Melee intro movie (so Sakurai at least knows who he is). It's not that I thought he was the ONLY choice, but he was certainly the BEST choice, objectively speaking.

The reason I believe Goroh was not included is there is only going to be one character from the series: Falcon. It was always a possibility, and since the logical choice for a second F-Zero rep is an AT it's now looking more likely.
That Ridley analogy is terrible. Metroid is a series with almost no characters besides Samus and villains like Ridley who could be playable while F-Zero has characters up the @$$. You can't compare them because if one F-Zero character is deconfirmed they have like fourty other possible characters while Metroid only has a small few.

Since when has Sakurai followed the same logic as the fans? You may have deduced that Goroh was the best possible second rep but that doesn't mean Sakurai did as well. For all we know Dr. Stewart will be the second F-Zero rep. We have no way of knowing what Sakurai thinks about who would be the best F-Zero character after Falcon so there is no reason to think that after the fan favorite was deconfirmed it means everyone else from F-Zero was deconfirmed.

Obviously. Which is why I don't like the chances of other, less known characters in the series.
It doesn't matter one bit who is more well known. All that matters is how important that character is in their series of origin, everything else like popularity and moveset potential are just bonuses that could possibly put them above other equaly important characters.

I agree. It deifintiely is possible. But it is also possible that it won't happen. I just think that the second possibility is more likely.
We are going to have to agree to disagree then.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Some pokeball ideas.

Articuno - Sheer Cold - Articuno comes out, then flies above the screen, freezing the arena. For a short amount of time, the entire field is covered in ice, reducing traction ala-Icicle Mountain.

Togekiss - Air Slash - Togekiss comes out and begins making bombing runs at the stage, brushing just above it, sending wind-slices foward(Think: Fury Cutter). Togekiss does this three times.

Bagon - Headbutt - Like Hitmonlee from Smash 64.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, you can't always be right.

I just hope Wiseguy's predictions about Jigglypuff and Mewtwo no longer being playable aren't right as well.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
HA! I avoided Sakurai's fiendish trap by removing Munchlax two days ago. Nice try Mr. Smash Bros, but I'm too fast for ya!

That Ridley analogy is terrible. Metroid is a series with almost no characters besides Samus and villains like Ridley who could be playable while F-Zero has characters up the @$$. You can't compare them because if one F-Zero character is deconfirmed they have like fourty other possible characters while Metroid only has a small few.
Metroid also has plenty of characters, such as the numerous bounty hunters from Metroid Prime: Hunters and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

But it doesn't have to be Metroid for the analogy to work. If Diddy were deconfirmed K.Rool's chances would not increase. If Ganaondorf were deconfirmed, Vaati's chances would not increase either. Similarly, I take Goroh's absence as a bad sign for other F-Zero characters in general since he appeared to be the obvious choice (to me, at least.)

Since when has Sakurai followed the same logic as the fans? You may have deduced that Goroh was the best possible second rep but that doesn't mean Sakurai did as well. For all we know Dr. Stewart will be the second F-Zero rep. We have no way of knowing what Sakurai thinks about who would be the best F-Zero character after Falcon so there is no reason to think that after the fan favorite was deconfirmed it means everyone else from F-Zero was deconfirmed.
Diddy Kong and Ike are examples of Sakurai seemingly having the same logic as his fans.

But I agree: we have no way of knowing either way. All any of us can do is make the best guess possible with the information we have. I guess we just see things differently.

It doesn't matter one bit who is more well known. All that matters is how important that character is in their series of origin, everything else like popularity and moveset potential are just bonuses that could possibly put them above other equaly important characters.
Hmmm... that sounds about right. But is Pico really more important to the series than Goroh? They're both memebers of the original four, so they've appeared in all the same games.

We are going to have to agree to disagree then.
Fair enough. I guess we'll find out one way or another in the coming months.

Some pokeball ideas.

Articuno - Sheer Cold - Articuno comes out, then flies above the screen, freezing the arena. For a short amount of time, the entire field is covered in ice, reducing traction ala-Icicle Mountain.

Togekiss - Air Slash - Togekiss comes out and begins making bombing runs at the stage, brushing just above it, sending wind-slices foward(Think: Fury Cutter). Togekiss does this three times.

Bagon - Headbutt - Like Hitmonlee from Smash 64.
Cool. I just posted it.

Thank all that is god and holy! Munchlax is merely pokeballed! Huzzah!

But, did anyone look at the item he ate? That's right! Lip's Stick is back in Brawl.
Good eye. I didn't even notice.

Actually, Wise replaced Munchlax with Geno last week, so he's still in the clear.
You're studying for that test, right bro?

Top Bottom