• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahem...

Never once did I say he didn't have a chance. I was a supporter of Trainer way bake, for Pete's sake, I know crazy chances. I was simply stating that I do not like Tingle. I still think there are more important or impacting characters that could get in over him, but he does of course have a chance.

I'm a Skull Kid supporter, by the way.
I want Skull Kid but not over Tingle Vagrant.

Please, tell me how other characters could get in over him. Note that if Pico is in(example), that will not hurt Tingles chances the least bit. Only from his franchise.(really, how would a Starfox character affect Tingle?) I do notice you say he has a chance but really, who in the franchise will get in over him?

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Vaati. Zant. Midna. Wolf Link. They're all viable, as they're all important to their storylines, and all have successful games to their names.

Not to say Tingle doesn't, because to deny his popularity in Japan would be a fool's errand. However, throughout the games, as far as I can recall, Tingle doesn't have much of an impact, really. You could generally replace him with any generic cartographer with a generic background and be fine. Of course, it's been many a year since I last played MM and OoT, so I could be forgetting something.

However, Skull Kid has just as much worthiness as Tingle. He was the major player in MM. And you can't argue that his time has passed, because Tingle wasn't in TP either. Yeah, he was in WW, I think, but I still don't see him as incredibly major.

To be honest, I think any of the characters I've mentioned have at least as much chance as Tingle. But I'm biased cause I dislike him, and going by your sig, you're probably biased because you like him, whether you're aware of it or not.

Like I said though, with PT in the ranks, all bets are off.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Vaati. Zant. Midna. Wolf Link. They're all viable, as they're all important to their storylines, and all have successful games to their names.

Not to say Tingle doesn't, because to deny his popularity in Japan would be a fool's errand. However, throughout the games, as far as I can recall, Tingle doesn't have much of an impact, really. You could generally replace him with any generic cartographer with a generic background and be fine. Of course, it's been many a year since I last played MM and OoT, so I could be forgetting something.

However, Skull Kid has just as much worthiness as Tingle. He was the major player in MM. And you can't argue that his time has passed, because Tingle wasn't in TP either. Yeah, he was in WW, I think, but I still don't see him as incredibly major.

To be honest, I think any of the characters I've mentioned have at least as much chance as Tingle. But I'm biased cause I dislike him, and going by your sig, you're probably biased because you like him, whether you're aware of it or not.

Like I said though, with PT in the ranks, all bets are off.
Note that I am not saying the below don't have a chance!

Wolf Link was really not important at all. He didn't need to be in the game for the story. Tingle can easily get over him.

Midna was a protagonist in one game that was recent. Skull Kid was the Antagonist around Melee. He wasn't in and his role seemed bigger than Midna's to me.

Zant, not saying he can't be in cause I actually would like him in but I don't think so.

Vaati is the only exception that I can possibly see come in over Tingle.

You are correct that his fan-base in Japan is great but you must see that his fan-base is increasing here as well. You can deny it, but it surely is slowly.

Tingles impact in Majora's Mask was least from minor if you think about it. Obliviously not major, but not minor. He soled the maps to you that were necassary for your traveling needs[Song of Soaring]and it was his debut.

Wind Waker was a far from minor role. You can argue but you would be wrong. I don't think I need to explain this for everyone knows.

His Minish Cap(I believe) with force Gems and stuff was not really big but that is also a GBA game. Same goes for the rest of the GBA's. He does have minor role in those.

Twilight Princess. Note the fact that everyone knows Tingle was not in but, what people refuse to see or notice is that Purlo is Tingles spin-off character.

Purlo- http://www.puissance-zelda.com/actualite/imgs/2007/01/tingle-tp/1.jpg
Tingle- http://www.zeldaelements.net/games_main/6/artwork/tingle3.jpg

You can easily see the resemblence and it was said from Miyamoto(I think)that that would be somewhat of Tingle's realistic look. Knowing he had a spin-off means they still care for him.(I don't have a Link to the article...I looked but can't find it so don't ask.)

The Skull Kid. I just proved Tingle was at least somewhat in Twilight Princess and so was Skull Kid. I want Skull Kid too, don't get me wrong but one game doesn't get you the cut also since his game, Majora's Mask was Melee era somewhat lowers his chances.
Also take to note that Tingle has been in every Zelda game since Majora's Mask(wasn't in Ocarina Vagrant)up to Twilight(as a spin-off character in that)and he has a really good chance to be in Phantom Hourglass.

Though you admit you are biased against Tingle and imply I am biased for no Tingle, I wouldn't say I am fully biased to a point. I just want people to realize the opputunity that they won't except cause they are biased to him, mainly cause of looks. If Tingle looked like...let us say a Goron, everyone would love him if you see where I am going.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I already made teh moveset for him and my Waluigi one...I have to start my Dampe the gravekeeper and Postman one later on.
That would be the best taunt by the way!;)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...Tingle is a wildcard with me. While I don't particularly want him in, there's no way I can deny his chances. Although he hasn't played a important part in the story, he's shown up in almost every LoZ game since he was first shown, and even got his own game. In all, I think that his chances depend on how much this game is geared to Americans rather than any other country. If he's so hated that he gets taken out of TP, then the same could happen here. Then again the game is made in Japan where he is apparently popular.

It's really the one thing I can't predict at all.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
But eh, I suppose I'm really holding out for lots of original characters. Then again, I don't generally notice some of the clones being quite similar, like Luigi or Ganondorf. As long as they're not Pichu or Doc-like.
I can't fault you on your Ganondorf or clone support, but this is a pet peeve of mine and so I have to say it:

Luigi is not a clone of Mario in Melee.

The place to look is the animations. All true clones are created to save on the time it takes to create an orihginal character. So what takes the most time? Not moveset design; any single person on the forum working alone can make one of those pretty quickly, so a team of developers could probably make even better time than that. Not modeling, since if it really did take that much effort to model we wouldn't have the different clone models in the first place. I'd say it's animations, since they're needed before any balancing or implementing work can be done and there's a TON of them.
So a clone will be most easily recognized by it's animations, which will for the most part be shared with the original character as a way to save time.
Luigi's moves, even the ones that work similarly to Mario's, have different animations. Meaning no time was saved during his creation, which means that he can't be a clone.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@ Pieman- Tingle may in fact become much more popular. His new game, Tingles Rosy Colored Rupee Land is coming from Japan to Europe and that may mean a U.S. release. In the trailer, it shows two girls kissing Tingle and he smiles and, well, that proves he ain't gay(no one said it, I was just informing).

Also note that Tingle has had TWO of his own titles...not one.
He wasn't so hated that he got knocked out of Twilight Princess. Please tell me where you got that. If you read on the last page or above, he got a spin-off character Purlo meaning they still care about him. That is claimed to be somewhat of a realistic look of him.

No one can say he can't be in Brawl. I made a moveset(so don't use that) and I am almost positive he will be in. As a playable character, that is my hopes and it is possible but most eye's are going toward Assist Trophy which you can't deny that can be highly possible.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I can't make comment on WW, since I never got much of a chance to play much of it before I had to return the console to its owner. So I dunno how much of a role Tingle plays there.

Anyway, to bring up a couple of points you mentioned... I would only accept Wolf Link with Midna as a character. I don't want Wolf Link seperate, nor really Midna alone. They're just such a symbol of TP that I figured they stooda good chance, since Midna was important [at least up to the point I've completed to, haven't finished the game, but I know all about her curse and her true form and all that].

Zant I was merely throwing out there. I'm none too fond of him, since I wanted more Ganondorf in TP. And from the accounts I've heard, there's not enough, cause of Zant. But eh. As for Tingle, there's no denying the number of occurances, but I just feel that storywise he simply never had the impact that Skull Kid managed. And yeah, his time has passed, but I'd prefer a somewhat important character from the past to appear rather than a somewhat minor recurring character. Again, that's just me. I understand that Tingle probably has equal chances with Skull Kid, if not perhaps slightly better due to recency, but... **** it if a Skull Kid moveset wouldn't be awesome. When it's not 4:30 am though, I'll track down some Tingle movesets to read.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
An interesting point about the aerial combat. But I have a response to that. If you're going to make a character float around with a balloon and fight, well... Balloon Fighter perhaps? This gives me less reason to accept Tingle, since a sizable portion of his suitable combat moves could be used to rep another series worthy of attention. And free up a slot in Zelda for Vaati, Skull Kid, Wolf/Midna, WW Link, whatever pleases you.

Now, if clones were looking to be a big part of it, and we had Balloon Fighter, Tingle could make a decent Luigified clone of BF.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
^^^
There's also a Kirby sticker.

In the Sticker Mode notebook, I mean. So that doesn't rule out the Baloon Fighter as a PC idea.

And he is in fact updated, since, you know, he originally exists in but 2 dimensions, and now he's...well, he's been given a Z-axis.

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Tingle is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl seems to be all about Twilight Princess. Right now I´m predicting that Ganondorf and Midna (possibly on Wolf Link, in light of the introduction of the quadrupedal Ivysaur) will be the ones to accompany Link and Zelda. However, if Sakurai decides to up the number of characters from the franchise to five to match the number in SSBM, he might either bring Sheik back into the fray or look outside of Twilight Princess, where characters such as Wind Waker Link, Vaati and Tingle lie waiting. By no means is it impossible (lulz Pokémon Trainer), but I wouldn´t put money on it.

I had actually thought about how Balloon Fighter and Tingle would both use balloons to float in the battlefield. But since Sakurai seems to be against clones, if Balloon Fighter is confirmed I don´t expect Tingle to make it in. Similarly, if Tingle is confirmed you can wave goodbye to Balloon Fighter. Unless they managed to give them separate movesets, which is also a possibility, but idunno.

Anyways, here´s a new character roster now that we know Sakurai isn´t as predictable as one would think.

WARNING: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Goddess of Dawn and MOTHER3 spoilers.

SUPER MARIO BROS.
01. Mario (confirmed)
02. Luigi
03. Peach (confirmed)
04. Bowser (confirmed)
05. Bowser Jr.
06. Geno

YOSHI
07. Yoshi (confirmed)

DONKEY KONG
08. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
09. Diddy Kong

KID ICARUS
10. Pit (confirmed)
11. Eggplant Wizard

WARIOWARE
12. Wario (confirmed)

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
13. Link (confirmed)
14. Zelda (confirmed)
15. Ganondorf
16. Wind Waker Link (shading adjusted to suit SSBB atmosphere)

POKÉMON
17. Pikachu (confirmed)
18. Meowth
19-21. Pokémon Trainer w/Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard (confirmed)

METROID
22. Samus (confirmed)
23. Zero-Suit Samus (confirmed)
24. Ridley

KIRBY
25. Kirby (confirmed)
26. Meta Knight (confirmed)
27. King Dedede

F-ZERO
28. Captain Falcon

STAR FOX
29. Fox (confirmed)
30. Falco
31. Krystal

FIRE EMBLEM
32. Marth
33. Ike (confirmed)
34. Zelgius (the Black Knight sans heavy armor)

EARTHBOUND // MOTHER
35. Lucas
36. Masked Boy (Claus with cyborg features)

PIKMIN
37. Captain Olimar

ANIMAL CROSSING
38. Forest Villager (main player character of AC; customizeable appearance/gender)

METAL GEAR (THIRD PARTY - KONAMI)
39. Snake (confirmed)

SONIC (THIRD PARTY - SEGA)
40. Sonic the Hedgehog

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The thing about Tingle is that Super Smash Bros. Brawl seems to be all about Twilight Princess. Right now I´m predicting that Ganondorf and Midna (possibly on Wolf Link, in light of the introduction of the quadrupedal Ivysaur) will be the ones to accompany Link and Zelda. However, if Sakurai decides to up the number of characters from the franchise to five to match the number in SSBM, he might either bring Sheik back into the fray or look outside of Twilight Princess, where characters such as Wind Waker Link, Vaati and Tingle lie waiting. By no means is it impossible (lulz Pokémon Trainer), but I wouldn´t put money on it.

I had actually thought about how Balloon Fighter and Tingle would both use balloons to float in the battlefield. But since Sakurai seems to be against clones, if Balloon Fighter is confirmed I don´t expect Tingle to make it in. Similarly, if Tingle is confirmed you can wave goodbye to Balloon Fighter. Unless they managed to give them separate movesets, which is also a possibility, but idunno.
My response to this is Kirby and Jigglypuff. While not quite the same, they recover the same way in their jumps; They're practically baloons, and even then, they're different.

Tingle could float, much like peach and her second jump, while Baloon fighter could flap his arms for multiple jumps, a la Kirby.

Just saying it's possible, without getting rid of one or the other.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Tingle is not Balloon Fighter in any way!

Just because Tingle had a Balloon Fighting game gives you guys the idea of a clone. First off, I would say that Tingle has more chance then Balloon Fighter to get in. I personally despise Balloon Fighter, but then again, that is just me. Please, give me a link to stupid Balloon Fighter moveset..I have never seen one. I heard he has a needle, can punch and kick. I don't think that is enough for Brawl.

Please tell me how this is a clone of a nameless fighter. Also critiques would be fine as well.;)

Tingle Moveset-

Physical Standards
Roll speed- 3 out of 5[give or take]
Weight- 3.5 out of 5[muscle weighs more than fat you know]
Speed- 2.5 out of 5[don't know how he runs so this seems fair]
Power- 3.5 out of 5[seems reasonable for my standard below]
Fall Speed- 3 3/4ths out of 5[...do I need say..?]

Standard Attacks
A- Jab(2%)
AA- Jab Jab(2%-4%)
AAA-Jab Jab Headbutt(2%-4%-6%)
Over A- Paintbrush strike(8%)
Down A- Use his map like G@W panel thing(12%)
Up A- Headbutts them up(8%)
Running A- Jumps on stomach and slides with his P.Brush out for a hit(6%)

Special Moves(B)
B- Charges Paintbrush(optional)like and Breaks Sheild like Marths Sheild Breaker(non-charged 7% :: Fully charged 32%)
Over B- Slashes P.Brush like Over A but Shoots Paint out(8%)
Up B- Balloon Recovery that can be popped after 3 seconds of use. Allows manueverability like Pits Wings of Icarus
Down B- Pulls out Rupees to throw at people. (Damage depending on what kind of Rupee you pick)

Recovery-
First Jump- Height of Fox's or a little lower
Second Jump- Like Fox's
Up B Jump- His balloon(damages them if they hit him)

Smash Attacks-
Over Smash- Paintbrush Strike like Links in 64(non-charged 15% :: Fully charged is 30%)
Down Smash- Double Side attack like Marth or Links(non-charged 14% :: fully charged is 26%)
Up Smash- Takes Paintbrush and swirls around while using it. Inside of it does most.(damage pending on where the brush hits)

Aerial attacks-
Fair- Pulls out map in front of himself(8%)
Nair- A jumping kick like Fox's(7%)
Dair- Sticks his P.Brush down for a Meteor or Spike(13%)
Bair- Takes map with one hand and hits them with it(8%)

Final Smash-
Name- ???(haven't thought of it)
What he does- Goes onto his cloud(from his knew DS game)and takes out his sword and you slash enemies or just one in a cinamatec scene. If not cinamatec, you manuever it like Volt Tackle(except not as fast) and go and slash people. Cinamatec can be him flying towards you at high speeds and then keeps slashing you like Links.

Taunt-
Dance and Words- Tingle does his infamous dance and words of twirling around and saying Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

Grabs-
Grab attacks- Headbutts him
Grab Throw in his direction- A Strike with Sword(7%)
Grab Throw opposite direction- Throws him back then throws his map like a boomerang for a hit(6%)
Grab Throw Down- Stabs them with his sword(11%)
Grab Throw Up- Throws like Jiggs does(8%)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yes, Tingle has a definite chance of getting in so much that I have made a list of Probability Chart, color coded for your convenience.

Link
Zelda
Gannondorf
Midna & Wolf Link
WW Link
Midna
Tingle
Skull Kid
Y Link (Returning)
Vaati

Red: Confirmed
Dark Orange: Almost Definite
Orange: Probable
Yellow: Possible
Light Orange: Unlikely
Light Yellow: Deeply Unlikely

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yes, Tingle has a definite chance of getting in so much that I have made a list of Probability Chart, color coded for your convenience.

Link
Zelda
Gannondorf
Midna & Wolf Link
WW Link
Midna
Tingle
Skull Kid
Y Link (Returning)
Vaati

Ahem...

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

Three in one day (One was a double kill)... that's a new record for me.

Google Gannon-banned. Learn. And be happy. ;)

As for your list, good list. :) Nicely done. Though I'm surprised Zant isn't on that list (not trying to start stuff, just saying). :)

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
Yes, Eggplant Wizard. He´d be sexy.

Also Creo, please don´t take it personally. I like Tingle and if he made it into SSBB I´d be very glad. I think he definitely has potential to be a completely original character, even if Balloon Fighter (or Alice) makes it in as well. I was just observing that the balloon-using aspect of them was a tad similar.

I´d prefer him to use stuff from Tingle´s Rosy Rupeeland, though. Like his sword, bombs and multiple other items other than Rupees. Oh, and his bodyguards! That would be sweet. See, the Tingle from all other Legend of Zelda games has a balloon and draws maps, which I don´t think is enough for Brawl either.

Gigabyte

Smash Cadet
I must say, this is a very well thought out and smartt list. You obviously put alot of time into making it!
But, though it is good, I do have two things:
1. About removing Geno from your roster...
While he is fairly obscure, and not very recognisable, is it necessarily fair to do so simply on those factors? As far as I know their are tons of people who would love to see him in Brawl. Mind you, i'm not saying you should base all of your predictions on what fans want, but asking you to consider ALL factors before making them.
And 2...
Is there any particular reason you decided to make Dark Samus an Assist Trophy rather than a full-fledged playable character?
Other than that, nice job. It was a good read.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Ahem...

GANNON-BANNED!!!!

Three in one day (One was a double kill)... that's a new record for me.

Google Gannon-banned. Learn. And be happy. ;)

As for your list, good list. :) Nicely done. Though I'm surprised Zant isn't on that list (not trying to start stuff, just saying). :)
O D I N, Ganon is ONE FRIGGIN N! I hate when people do that...it has been one N for like 15 years now..jeez.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O D I N, Ganon is ONE FRIGGIN N! I hate when people do that...it has been one N for like 15 years now..jeez.
Dude... I KNOW.

Google Gannon-Banned. I am the BIGGEST effing supporter of one "N" In Ganon/Ganondorf.. Don't correct me on that, @#$%!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!! :laugh:

Seriously, I know. >_>

Hell, I'll just post the link...

http://www.gannon-banned.com/

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
If BS was in, he'd be a Falcon clone in some form, I'm sure. Yes, I realize there is a good chance Falcon would be solo.
And I suppose I can admit it's possible that Black Shadow might appear as a Falcon clone. Still, with Goroh gone, I would almost prefer someone like Pico (if for no other reason than it would make Numa the happiest guy in the world.)

In truth, I've actually never played any of the games Vaati was in. I've played every single Zelda game except those three games. Odd, huh? But, I just figure there will be 5 reps. I know three for sure, but the other two I just took a stab at. I really don't care either way if Vaati is in or not. Personally, the only preferred Zelda character I'd like to see playable is Skull Kid. I didn't include him, though because of his low chances.
Very few people have played Four Sword Adventures, as it wasn't much fun unless you have four GBAs and four link cables.

As for Skull Kid, he's my all time favoritre Zelda character. I would LOVE to see him make the cut, but chances are he's an AT.

She wasn't that important, and she isn't that important in the grand scheme of things. And for sure I'd hate to see her included with Wolf Link, and I just think she'd be far too lame on her own. If they were going to use her again down the road, maybe. Most people just say her because "Oh, TP is recent, and clearly they're going the TP route...sooo, include Midna!!" I'd rather see someone who's been around longer than a year.
I dunno, most of the game's plot invovled Midna's quest to defeat Zant and rescue the Twilight Relm. It might even be arged that she, and not Link, is the protagonist of the quest.

So far, most of the Zelda content in Brawl is from Twilight Princess. Whether that trend continues remains to be seen.

As I said, I just hate to even suggest him because of my distaste for him. While I did go out of my way to set him free and to do the whole GBA connection and everything, he's just become more and more...fruity. If he was more normal like that mini-game version of him (supposedly) and less of a...wanna be fairy or whatever, I'd feel better about him. I think they also need to show that he has some significance to the series than "Guy who dressed up in green tights and who overcharges you for maps"...
True enough. The only reason I might like to see him included is because he would be a blast to beat up.

Fair enough point at the end, but...I'm still against them. There are too many better characters than [generic moveset...*insert custom face here*] I do enjoy playing baseball with Darth Vader, Zoidberg, and Johnny Bravo but just not Brawl...
Fine. We can agree to disagree on that point. Just don’t be too shocked if you find yourself fighting Johnny Bravo in your first Brawl tournament.

I'm thinking there will be at least three. I mean, he basically included three in Melee (G&W, ICs, and Doc). I have five, but...I could easily see at least three. But I'm betting we'll see even a ton more in as ATs (such as today).
Doc is a stretch, since he's part of an established franchise and was essentially created because it was an easy way of increasing the roster size. Three isn’t an unreasonable number, though.

Oh, I don't doubt that. Finding creative and unexpected characters like PT are what make this so great. I just mean people who include characters like Paper Mario and K. Rool. Compared to the far number of more interesting and more likely characters out there...those hold very low chances.

(Don't say that Red had low chances, too, because I actually thought he had some chance, too. And besides, no one saw coming the inclusion of the three starters as one character...Basically, unless characters get completely changed or overhauled from what we expect, they have little to no chance. As people predict/hope/wish for them, they are very unlikely.)
No arguments here.

Hehe, thanks. ^^ I wish I could be as sure about the whole Pokemon roster, because I could never guess an entire character list. I'm pretty positive that Munchlax won't be a playable character though. In all honesty Jigglypuff is more likely to leave before Mewtwo. I recall an event in SSBM that had you face off against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf and Mewtwo. The big three of Nintendo, Mario, Zelda and Pokemon. Mewtwo may not be a recurring character, but he is still very popular. After all of those votes to get Mewtwo in Melee, I don't think they would just throw him away, even if it was for Lucario.

Jigglypuff on the other hand, needs to worry. She definitely isn't as popular as she used to be (hell, she doesn't even appear against after finally finding a Pokemon that didn't fall asleep to her song) and all she has is the fanbase that doesn't want her to go. It all depends on if Sakurai likes her, but I'm willing to bet that she will stay.

So that just leaves any new remaining slots. Lucario has popularity for sure, and Gardevoir did appear on the list, although it was only mentioned once. With Red being a 3 in 1, I can really see only one more Pokemon character, and that is Lucario.
Thanks for the input Yukiwarashi. I’ll take your criticisms into consideration.

When I first saw the very first rendering of this, to be honest, I hated it and disagree'd with most of your predictions. Now, looking at all the editing you've done to it, I only see one or two things I would argue with you about. (Namely having four third parties when Sakurai said two or three, and also Midna/WolfLink and ROB's inclusions are semi-debatable, but not unlikely) The rest looks great! Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the compliment, SSB.

My Character list

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Peach
Paper Mario

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Young Link (Cel-Shaded)

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer

Kirby Series
Kirby
Metaknight

Metroid Series
Samus/ZSS
Ridley

Starfox Series
Fox
Falco
Krystal

Donkey Kong Series
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong

Fire Emblem Series
Ike
Black Knight
Sigurd

Other Nintendo Series
Yoshi
Wario
Lucas
Tom Nook
Captain Falcon

Retro
Pit
Balloon Fighter
Mr. Game and Watch

3rd Party
Snake
Sonic
Megaman

Total: 37+4 Transformations
I’m not sure how likely Paper Mario and Tom Nook are, but I agree that they would be awesome additions. But… what’s this?!?! No Captain Olimar? For shame, sir, for shame.

7.9/10

Since the other post is like already a whole page back... I'll re-post it.

Between the ATs, the transformation characters, and the multipule movesets for characters...my list is all but destroyed. Time to face-lift the sucker.

De Lupe's Modified Character List:​
The number next to the title indicates the slots on the roster, NOT the total number of characters from that franchise. (i.e. Zelda/Shiek = two characters but one slot.)

Red = Confirmed
Yellow = Likely Addition
Green = Interchangable

Mario series (6):
Mario - No explination needed.
Bowser - No explination needed.
Luigi - No explination needed.
Peach - No explination needed.
Bowser Jr. - His recent activity shows that Nintendo is taking interest in him.
Toad - The final member of Mario's eight star characters, he's been there from the start (just like Luigi, Mario, Peach, and Bowser) and deserves to be recognized for it.
Waluigi - What better way for him to leave his "filler" title behind than to be created anew in Brawl? He is a blank canvas and Sakurai is the painter.

Legend of Zelda series (5):
Link - No explination needed.
Zelda/Shiek - Until Shiek is "deconfirmed", (s)he stays put.
Ganondorf - No explination needed.
Midna (preferably with Wolf Link) - Whether she has Wolf Link or not, the star of Twilight Princess will be a great addition.
Vaati - As the second most reoccuring villian in Zelda, he's earned it. Vaati can easily represent the "Celda" side of the franchise.
Tingle - As obsurd as he may be, the Japan fanbase he has is not something to ignore.
WW Link - Just as Vaati, he can easily represent the "Celda" side of the franchise.

Pokemon series (4):
Trainer - He may be three movesets in one, but he's still only one slot on the roster.
Pikachu - No explination needed.
Jigglypuff - No explination needed.
Mewtwo - Best choice for a villian, there is no reason to remove him.
Lucario - Loved by many, he represents the newest generation.

Star Fox series (4):
Fox - No explination needed.
Krystal - No explination needed.
Wolf - No explination needed.
Falco - No explination needed.

I see no reason why all four shouldn't appear. With the exception of Andross, these are the only important ones in the franchise.

Kirby series (3):
Kirby - No explination needed.
Metaknight - No explination needed.
King DeDeDe - No explination needed.

Metroid series (3):
Samus/ZSS - Once she's unlocked, I believe that ZSS will be selectable by holding "A" when the fight starts. This makes her a seperate character, but still only one character slot on the roster.
Ridley - No explination needed.

Fire Emblem series (3):
Ike - No explination needed.
Marth - No explination needed.
Micaiah - In a franchise that is overly-dominated by sword Lords, a Lady (female Lord) lightning mage is guaranteed to be a great character to represent FE 10.
The Black Knight - Most reoccuring villian in the FE world. Easily an Ike clone or possibly even a unique character.
Hector - Axe based combat is very appealing.
Sigurd - Fan favorite.

Donkey Kong (2):
Donkey Kong - No explination needed.
Diddy Kong - No explination needed.

Third Party (3):
Solid Snake - No explination needed.
Sonic the Hedgehog - No explination needed.
Other - There are so many possible candidates here that there is no possible way of claiming one has a better chance than another.

Misc. (10-12):
Wario
Yoshi
Pit
Captain Olimar
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers
Captain Falcon
Ness
Stafy, Ray 01, Andy, Tom Nook, Mach Rider, Little Mac, Lip, Etc. - Just like with the Third-Parties, there are so many possible candidates that it's impossible to say who will and who won't.

Couple things I might want to address:

1) I'm over the forty limit for WiseGuy's challenge but that's just because I can't honestly limit it to only forty. If you want to rate it, then rate it as is...I'm not pulling anyone off.

2) I kept K. Rool off the list because I believe that (even though Sakurai wants more villians) he just won't make the cut. Something in my gut is telling me to ignore the crocodile.

3) This list contains a roster of 43 to 45 possible characters. This is where I believe it will fall.
[/QUOTE]

It’s a solid roster, to be sure. Very thorough and well thought out. I see that you’ve cleverly accounted for just about every possibility, which is kinda like betting on every horse in a race. ;)

True, I suppose, but Midna also happened to appear in the most plot-heavy of all the Zelda games. Up until the recent TP, the Zelda franchise has been kinda infamous for loose plotlines. But the characters, though shallow, have always been memorable. Remember Marin from awakening?
The point is, Vaati may not be as well developed as Midna, but so far as the series goes, he's more developed than most, and he's plenty memorable.
More developed than MOST perhaps, but (in my opinion) not Midna. Sure, this is because Twilight Princess is the most plot-heavy of the Zeldas – but it’s simply the way it is.

That's true, but most of Vaati's games were on handheld systems (and the one on the console was just based on an earlier handheld effort). Can you name one handheld Zelda effort that was better recieved than a console Zelda game?
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass on DS is the fastest selling Zelda game in Japan. Ever.

BOOM! Headshot!

E3 would have been the time to do a lot of things that Nintendo didn't do. But their focus was on the casual crowd, so the wii fit board got all the attention and Metroid, Galaxy, and Brawl (especially Brawl) all took a back seat. E3 would have been a great time to reveal things like the Subspace Emissary, or perhaps Donkey Kong, who was revealed on the Brawl site during the event but never made it to the show. But they weren't. So I wouldn't use lack of E3 coverage as an argument. Remember: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Sonic (and online) are still possible.
I sure hope you’re right… ESPECIALLY about the online.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but shouldn't you need more than one game to be a franchise?
Well, no matter, how about this: of all the Miyamoto created SERIES, Pikmin is the least poplular and successful by a large margin.

Don't get me wrong, I love Pikmin (a LOT). I'm just saying that context must be used when making a statement. Pikmin may be the least popular, but only when grouped with larger and older powerhouse franchises. Similarly, Four swords may be the worst of the Zelda series, but that's only because it took so many dang systems and wires to play it. It's not like Four swords is a BAD game, like those Cdi abortions.
I’m not saying it’s bad, but the fact that it was so expensive to get up and running is a HUGE fault. And a game’s popularity does play a factor in whether it’s characters are deemed worthy of a place in Brawl.

I don't see the problem. In MC Vaati is imprisoned, in FS he's released by Ganon. Seems to me like he just sent a long, long time being trapped.
Most people consider Four Sword a direct sequel to Minish Cap, with the same Link and Zelda – though I suppose (like most of th4e Zelda series) it’s debatable.

But wouldn't you agree that two monkeys working together have greater potential to make a unique moveset than one monkey solo?

Besides, there's no reason Diddy can't have a jetpack AND Dixie. Either she gets her own, or helicopters her hair to keep up.
Yes, but unique and good are not the same thing. I (like most Diddy fans) think it would be more true to the character (and more enjoyable for the player) if Diddy were solo. Dixie can wait her turn like everyone else.

how do u insert your own sigs cause i got my own sig to show instead of what i got?
It’s a bit tricky, because you have to post it on a website like imageshack and post the url in your sig. I would talk to someone in the Artwork Emporium.

Please don't say you thought it was Zelda II. Only OOT, tLOZ, and maybe MM sold better. Plus it's so hard most people can't beat it. Hate it due to lack of skill, PATHETIC! I love that GAME, BTW! ;) Reinvented side scrolling, and CREATED THE ACTION-RPG GENRE AS WE KNOW IT! :) Four Swords was okay, but it definitely was the worst and least liked.
Never played Zelda II, ironically enough. By gaming began with the N64. That’s what’s so great about virtual console: the chance to reacquaint myself with the old classics. I’m slogging my way through the original Zelda, in between playing RE4 and Paper Mario 64.

He's always liked retro characters.

SSB64:
1.Ness

SSBM:
1.Dr. Mario [last game was right before SSB64].
2.Shiek [to some degree=last game was before SSb64 I believe].
3.Ice Climbers
4.Ness [again! :) WAS SUPPOSE TO BE LUCAS]
5.Mr. Game and Watch
6.Marth
Sheik is a stretch… and if you only count the Melee characters who don’t represent established series you are left with ICs and G&W.

We'll see about as many retros as newer characters. Sakurai wants to balance the old with the new, it's only fair=to please the classic gamers and the newer gamers! =D

I'm positive that all three Pokemon have a unique moveset. Like it or not, PT likely took three times as much develoment time as any other newcomer...

Charizard: Give it flamethrower [nB], blast burn [final smash], fire blast [<b>], fly [jump], and fire spin [dB]. The fill the A attacks with pysical attacks ripped off Bowser. That is whay I see happening [which is sorta why I doubt K Rool now].

Ivysaur: Razor Leaf [<B>], Earthquake [dB], Vine Whip [nB], and a vinewhip grab thing as a jump [or solarbeam jump]. Then rip moves off Wolf Link.

Squirtle: Bubble[beam] [nB], Rollout [<B>], Water Gun [uB], and Iron Tail/TAil Whip [dB]/ The rest is a Jiggs/Pikas rip off. HA, maybe Sakurai made them clones! HA, 1 character spot!
Clones? I doubt it, dude. Sorry.

Because the game was planned for a international release, but then Nintendo was being a dumb a**, and screwed us over, and made it come out...IN JAPAN ONLY! :mad: Having Lucas in as a Ness replacement would be a kick to the b**** to us EarthBound fans. We've been beat down enough, and that would cause a HUGE FANBASE ISSUE...maybe even a major boycott [not promoting boycotting btw]. But having just Ness would keep us content [for a while]. Having both would overjoy us, and make us feel loved...for once [since EarthBound's release]!

Reggie won't crack, even after thousands of e-mails a week about it, he avoids it. He says he has more important ordeals and things to do. What about pleasing one of Nintendo's fanbase=??? Nintendo needs to get their priorities straight in that matter, because they're as messed up as Sony in that matter! :laugh:
If Earthbound is the most downloaded VC game, then maybe Nintendo will start taking the series seriously outside Japan. Here’s hoping….

Seriously, I made a vid of the two trailers, and all the Brawl updates until like 28 days ago, and someone asked me if there would be a GCN port of Brawl! WTF???

Anyways...I added a few extra characters than I predict, so ya. Don't hate me for adding characters. *breaks out singing hallejuah after someone said Ness and Mewtwo have no chance of returning* My Brawl Character Predictions!
Great vid. Very well put together.

Yep, but I'm not going to ruin wat I found out. It's not stuff in the game, it's just stuff I got from super MGS fanboy sites that I conclude is probably right [and is pretty cool=makes sense]. BTW, here is 2 video links to footage of actual gameplay demos of MGS4 [it's all in Japanese sadly].

MGS4 Demo Run Part 1

MGS4 Demo Run Part 2
Wow. That game looks so great it almost makes the PS3 worth buying. Almost…

Anyway, let’s hear those MGS theories. Keep in mind, I havn’t played MGS2. (I don’t care about spoilers. With so many games coming out on Wii and DS, I doubt if I’ll ever have time to play it.)

Falco>Wolf O'Donell>Dark Samus>K. Rool. That goes popularity wise, and according to my opinion! =D

Clones....and copies. It would be a waste of three characters in one for all of them to be original moveset characters, so I suspect they're all at least semi-clones. That and I see them [all] having some variations of being copies in them as well!
How would it be a waist? Sakurai probably sat down and decided that they had time to create X number of movesets for Pokemon characters. And so, to do something different, they tied three movesets into one character. That’s a very origin and cool concept, in my view.

NAh, that would be dumb, and enrage Nintendo's fastest growing fanbase. Something tells me the day that Pokemon outsells Mario is less than a decade away. It's bound to happen with the series' at it's all-time peak!
Having SIX playable characters (one more than Melee) would enrage Pokemon fans?

IMO, the Zelda timeline

Minish Cap
<>
Ocarina of Time
Two Whole Diffrent Hyrules/timelines Occure, with Link in his time, and no Link in the future
< >
< >
< >
< >
Majora's Mask >
< Twilight Princess
Link's Awakening >
< > [a future Twilight Princess sequaul=???]
the Legend Of Zelda >
< the Wind Waker
Four Swords >
< >
Four Swords Adventures>
< >
Zelda II >
< Phantom Hourglass
< >
< >
A Link to the Past N/A
< >
< >
< >
Oracles of Ages/Oracles of Seasons [I don't know which goes where]

Verdict: Minish Cap explains how Link gets his cap, and talks about King Gustoff, the Hero of Men, not the Hero of Twlight, Time, or Winds. VAtti steals the Petit Sword [that King Gustoff used to save and create Hyrule], and Link has to put it back together. But it has limited powers, and Link deals with it. He puts it back together, beats Vatti, and then it randomly gets the power of 4...permantely [somehow].

Then in OOT Ganondorf first sticks in his big nose, and gets his a** beat. Anomua actually confirmed the two timeling theory. Majora's Mask follows OOT, and begins with Link looking for Navi, then he winds up saving Termania, as well as the world. But Link left Hyrule after a certain time, while G'dorf was still alive. He left to Termania for Navi's help to re-defeat G'dorf. Then after MM, Link tries to return to Hyrule, via the sea.

This results in Link's Awakening. After leaving the island, and losing all his gear, Link returns to Hyrule with nothing, and finds a wooden shield. He then meets up with Impa, who explains that Ganon[dorf] took over Hyrule, and has the Trifforce of Power, and captured Zelda. But it turns out Zelda took here Trifforce of Wisdom, but split into 8, and hide it in 8 dugeons. This marks the original LOZ. After defeating Ganon, Link follow Zelda to this sacred grove area that is disturbing her=the sight of the Four Sword. She takes him to it, Vatti kindnaps her, knocks Link out, and then several fairies wake Link up, and he pulls out the Four Swords.

Then Link fights through Forest, Ice[/Water], and Fire and Lava, and finally reaches Vatti's sky palace. Link defeats Vatti, and everone is happy. Then a few months later, darkness sweeps Hyrule. [begining of FSA] And then a enemy known as "Shadow Link" appears before Link. Desperate to fight, Link pulls out the Four Swords to fight back. Then Vatti knocks out Link, kindnapps Zelda along with the 6 [other] sages, yadiee, yadiee, yadiee. The 4 Link's fight together [with Navi], and save the 6 sages, recieve the power of the past 4 swords knights, and save Zelda.

He travels to the top of Vatti's tower [again!], defeats the last of the Shadow Links and destroys the thing that was creating them. Then they fight and defeat Vatti, but it turns out he was Ganon's b**** [like Aghamin and Zant], and then Vatti's death resurrects Ganon. Ganon also steals a mystic trident from Vatti or his Palace, and uses it later in ALTTP. With the Sage's help, Zelda uses her magic with Links sword skills to defeat Ganon. The reason why I put FS and FSA inbetwenn tLOZ and Zelda II is because of a few things.

First off, a fairy similar to Navi is in that game. It talks the same way, acts the same way, so it's probably Navi [same voice=FSA]. 2nd off...EPONA, lon lon ranch, and the dude who owns Lon Lon ranch, his daughter [maybe that one guy who works for him] are in the GAME! So I conclude FS and FSA take place inbetween tLOZ and Zelda II. Then sometime after all that, Link heads to the northern part of Hyrule [he's an adult now btw...or he's the same age as in TP, or a bit younger]. He then finds some mystical new sword [never says wat it is, but I conclude it's probably the Master Sword].

He then finds that since basically no one was alive in Southern Hyrule [where tLOZ takes place], that everyone lives in Northern Hyrule. He reaches the North Castle, and discovers another Zelda, the original Zelda. It turns out Zelda II is the only Zelda with the real "Legend of Zelda" [too ironic]! Turns out Zelda discovers the Trifforce and Sacred Realm, the corrupter of men's minds. She refuses to tell anyone where it is. Her brother, being greedy got a wizard, and tortured her to talk. She kept refusing, and the wizard attacked her so bad, he died. But she was put into a neverending rest, until a hero with the Trifforce of Courage and the rest of the Trifforce came to save her.

Her brother now realizing wat happened, had her kept in the North Castle, and ordered all future female heirs to the throne be named Zelda. This is the official backstory to Zelda II actually! So then, Link has to collect 6 thingies, via 6 dugeons, and go to Hyrule Palace or something like that I believe [Sacred, maybe]. But Ganon's minions are stronger than ever, and must defeat and sacrifice Link in order to revive Ganon, since all that remains of him is his ashes. Link gets the 6 sacred crystals, and heads off to Hyrule Palace, which is located on the top of Spectle Rock, the highest and most dangerous point on Death Mountain, where Ganon's greatest remaining minions dwell [probably since they are hard as hell itself].

Anyways, Link defeats the Thunderbeast there, and then he reaches the room where the Trifforce of Courage is kept. Then some random dwarf guy takes it, and goes to the back of the next room. Link chases him, but then Link's shadow rises, and Link must fight DARK LINK! Link defeats Dark Link [easiest boss ever], and then he catches up with the dwarf guy, who gives him the Trifforce of Courage. Link returns to the Northern Castle, assembles the Trifforce, and we all know the 1 wish per whole Trifforce deal. Zelda regains consciousness, yadiee, yadiee, yadiee.

Then lets carry down Hyrule Timeline A. A Link to the Past. Aghmin takes out the King and Queen of Hyrule with his magic [after allying with them], and then kidnaps the descendants [all daughters] of the Seven Sages. He sends all of them to the Dark World, the alternate world of the light world. The last remaining was Zelda, she telepathically calls Link to save her, Link's uncle dies and gives Link his shield and sword. Link saves her, then he takes her to a secret place, and then goes, has to find a sage, who tells him he has to find three pendents, then pull the Master Sword out of it's resting place. Link does that, gets the Master Sword, gets a telepathic message from Zelda Aghamin kidnappered her [again], etc.

Link then sees Zelda get warped to the Dark World, fights Aghamin, beats Aghamin, and finds out Aghamin is Ganon's b****. Then before Link gives Aghamin the final blow, Aghamin sends him to the Dark World. Then Link sves the Sages' daughters, saves Zelda, and fight's Aghamin in Ganon's castle, and kills him. Then he fights and kills Ganon on the Temple of the Four Swords with the Four Swords [in the GBA version], and I guess uses that to defeat Ganon, or does some wierd thing where he combines the Master Sword and Four Swords. That part always confuses me. Anyways, then Link enters the Trifforce Chamber, wishes for everyone who was killed by Ganon and Aghamin and their minions back to life [very DBZ like], and yippe everyone is happy.

Then in Hyrule B, TP happens. And then after TP, G'dorf somehow comes back, tries taking over Hyrule, but then Hyrule is flooded by order of the God's. The few people who lived via mountains had their descendants fill the many islands, and the legend of Ganondorf was lost on all islands but Link's Island. Then afterr WW, Phantom Hourglass takes place, yadiee, yadiee, yadiee. Now there is Oracles of Ages/Seasons. This strongly supports multiple timelines, since they take place at the EXACT SAME TIME, but Link takes diffrent routes in the begining. Blah blah blah, Link defeats the two enemies, Ganon resurrected, beats Ganon, saves the world. Ya, that's all I got! [that's a lot!]

That is a very enjoyable read. However, I must poke a hole in your theory - more specifically the Hurule A timeline. I believe it actually goes like this:

OoT>MM>TP

In this timeline, Link is transported back in time by Zelda at the conclusion of OoT to live out his childhood. Link travels to Termania in search of Navi, and the events of MM ensue.

But what became of Ganondorf, you ask? This is explained in Twilight Princess. He attempted to conquer Hyrule in Link’s absence, but was captured by the seven sages – who attempted to kill him with Sage’s Sword (appropriately named). However, rather than dying – Ganondorf was somehow given the blessing of the goddess (in the form of the triforce of power) and was able to break free of his chains and kill one of the sages. He was then sent to the Twilight Relm, and the rest is history.

The Hyrule B timeline goes like this: OoT>WW>PH

After Ganondorf is defeated in the future timeline of OoT, he swears that he will break free and take vengeance on the descendants of Link and Zelda. As the opening scene of WW explains, he does – but is trapped again when the gods imprison him (and all of hyrule) under a massive flood. Years later, the events of WW unfold. And PH follows that.

Those games are the only ones that fit together very well, in my view. MC>FS>FSA seem like a single, self contained story about the same Link and Zelda. LoZ>ZII could fit virtually anywhere, since the story is very simple. ALttP>LA definitely follow OoT, but when is anyone’s guess. I think you are right about OoA/OoS supporting multiple timelines.

Anyway, that’s how I see it.

But at least Jiggs is decently popular here. If we go by Japan, *GASP* PICHU WILL RETURN! PICHU IS STILL POPULAR AND LOVED! DO YOU WANT THAT TO HAPPEN=??? Japan loves Pichu, it makes constant anime apperances, and so on. Don't listen to Japan, it's a evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil, evil place! Did I mention....EVIL! :p
I agree. Any place that doesn’t love Twilight Princess or Metroid Prime MUST be pure evil.

Miis! Miis! Miis! Miis! You compared them to equivelence as a PT once Wiseguy...lol! XD

[Long Post/] :p
Miis. Are. Not. From. The. Animal. Crossing. Series. Period.

I read the updated list,and I think you might be right about munchlax and Lucario. I mean,I like Jigglypuff,but the first gens have enough reps as it is,and Lucario replacing Mewtwo would cover it up too. Come on,we DON'T need 7 pokemon characters! Don't get me wrong,I hate Munchlax(and most other pokemon) with a passion,but cute seels,and Munchlax might replace the Jiggeranut as "The cute secondary pokemon in a Smash Bros game"

Also,whoever mentioned Diddy and Dixie as a team:You are insane.That will(hopefully) not happen,because it would ruin Diddy.(unless they make the duo completely awesome,which I doubt)

I went to the Megaman thread and mentioned Simon Belmont has a better chance him,and I got insaneky flamed for it! I am crazy or right?

Also,go ROB and Miis for Brawl!
You sir, rock! Don’t ever leave this thread.

I made an estimate a while back that newcomers or additional veterans would come in the same order as the main veterans from their respective series. Thus far, this theory has held true, except Pit got skipped. But he is a newcomer, so there.

Anyway, if this holds true, the next newcomers will be as follows:

-Metaknight
-Falco
-Ridley
-Diddy Kong
-Marth or another FE newcomer (since the series already has multiple reps)

Rinse and repeat.

This is a little out on a limb, but it's going strong so far.
I think we will see another character in tonight’s update. Last week, we saw 2 items and the week before we saw 2 stages. 2 characters this week makes a twisted kind of sense, following last weeks total lack of characters. Or maybe I’m just going nuts from trying to find patterns where none exist…

My thoughts:

-Luigi (maybe with a vacuum cleaner)
-Metakinght
-Olimar
-Peach
-Ridley
-Midna (with WolfLink)
-Diddy Kong
-Ganondorf (probably with his sword)
-Captain Falcon
-Lucas

Ummm have you ever thought of replacing Munchlax with Mime Jr. in your list? They're both pre-release pokemon that are popular in japan. Mime Jr. is also still in the anime as part of team rocket... Mime Jr. would add a whole new flavor to the game! He could be a really good character in the game...

I mean look at some of his moves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtyztNf18Fw
Forcing people to dance is great!

Anywho there's also the fact that Mime Jr. is like much more aesthetically appealing than Munchlax...

Anywayz...

I've created a moveset for Mime Jr.

B- Mimic- Copies last used neutral b move and keeps it until he loses a life.

Over B- Barrier- Mime Jr. creates a barrier in front of himself that can take up to 10% damage. It goes away when it takes 10% damage or if it stays on the field for more than 15 seconds. No more than one can be on the field at once

Up B- Baton Pass- Mime Jr. throws a baton upwards and if it hits someone they swap places. Has great distance and almost no lag but if it doesn't hit anyone Mime Jr. won't come back.

Down B- Teeter Dance- Mime Jr. starts dancing oddly and music notes fly off of him. If a music note hits you your controls will be reversed and if you try to use a move you will receive damage like pichu. This lasts for 5 seconds. Also this gets rid of flowers on you like by the lipstick and gooey bombs.

Final Smash- Trick Room
Everyone swaps position and they get their speed halved and weight doubled. This move lasts 10 seconds. Mime Jr. can move normally and rack up damage. While everyone is slow Mime Jr's attacks do twice as much damage as they normally would, though still retain the same knockback.

So yeah i hope you take my suggestion into consideration
Perhaps I’ll just replace Munchlax with “any one of the millions of disgustingly cute Pokemans”.

If you like the idea, then good for you. Personally…

Observation: I now know what it feels like to be a newcomer to this thread. These walls of text, for the first time...they scare me.
You think LOOKING at them is scary, try responding to them. XD

Funnily enough, I don't agree with either of the former two additions. The only reason I included the tag team was because of Sakurai's excitement over the idea. I think Diddy would be much better suited to play as a solo character, but one cannot deny Sakurai's reaction to the prospect of this duo.

As far as Sheik goes, I could take or leave her. I figure that she's probably back because of the Aonuma interview about her character design in the TP style, but we cannot say for sure.

Seriously, I would cry big happy tears if Skapon made it into Brawl on the playable roster. :grin: I'm so glad that you recognize that funny little guy.
Urgh. For once, I hope Sakurai avoids his creative instincts and just makes a solid, conventional moveset for Diddy. No gimmicks or innovations. I love uniqueness… but only to a point.

I’m usually against Japanese only characters, but after seeing footage on his game on Youtube, I can’t help but respect Skapon.

Amen! The less Pokemon, the better. Wiseguy, I like all of your list, except for Munchlax. I mean, seriously. C'mon. Even in the games he's the character you don't use. If you think he's the new jigglypuff in Japan, then you are mistaken. He has left the series. Doesn't that signify that he's no longer popular? I can only see someone like Lucario making the cut, I'm sick and tired of the 'cutsy' Pokemon they have out. Let's see someone who actually looks like he could beat up Snake.
I’m seriously considering axing Munchlax. Serval people have said that he isn’t that popular in Japan, and that was the only reason I thought he stood a shot…

:laugh::laugh:Beat up Snake? That's a good one... Snake only gets beaten up when he's at a severe disadvantage and has been pretty much rendered optionless. And by then it's torture really.

Seriously though, I agree. No Munchlax. I'm even considering removing Jigglypuff from my list to include WW Link. because as much as I don't really like him, I think he deserves a spot and Pokemon currently has more reps than Mario in my list. By removing Jiggly, I would make the big three have five reps each. I'm just not sure as to what people would think of that. WW Link or Jigglypuff? In or out?

Oh yeah, my list is like... a page back. Maybe two or so.
WWLink! It’s not even close. The majority of Zelda games have starred a “Young Link” of some kind. Isn’t that more important than a generic puff ball?

I will now NOT take the forty-character challenge, because it's no fun.

LIST OF FURY!:
Mario series:
1. Mario (confirmed)
2. Bowser (confirmed)
3. Peach (confirmed)
4. Luigi (They wouldn't cut him.)
5. Bowser Jr. (MOAR VILLAINS! Paintbrush wielder ftw)
6. Paper Mario

Pokemon Series
7. Pikachu (confirmed)
8. Pokemon Trainer (confirmed :confused:)
9. Jigglypuff (I just can't imagine Smash without the PUFF.)
10. Lucario (Mandatory inclusion on this list, because my Lucario plushie will kill me if I don't)
11. Gardevoir or Mewtwo

LoZ
12. Link (confirmed)
13. Zelda (confirmed)
14. WW Link (necessary, and obvious)
15. Midna/Wolf Link (because TP is insanely popular)
16. Ganondorf (DURRRRGHHH...)

StarFox
17. Fox (confirmed)
18. Falco (popular, and awesome)
19. Wolf (Fox's consistent antagonist)
20. Krystal (fanservice to the furries :p)

Kirby
21. Kirby (confirmed)
22. Metaknight (confirmed)
23. King Dedede (Because)

Fire Emblem
24. Ike (confirmed)
25. Marth
26. Black Knight

Metroid
27. Samus/ZSS (confirmed)
28. Ridley

DK
29. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
30. Diddy Kong

F-Zero
31. Captain Falcon

Earthbound
32. Ness

WarioWare
33. Wario (confirmed)

Kid Icarus
34. Pit (confirmed)

Yoshi
35. Yoshi (confirmed)

Pikmin
36. Captain Olimar

Animal Crossing
37. Tom Nook or Resetti

Ice Climbers
38. Nana & Popo

Metal Gear
39. Solid Snake

Sonic
40. Sonic the Hedgehog

Castlevania
41. Simon Belmont (much cooler than Megaman)

Bomberman
42. Bomberman (AW.... CUTE!)

MY LiST IS Teh Awesome.
Oh, and why include the Ice Climbers? Because they're my favorite, that's why. :p
As lists go, this one is indeed Teh Awesome. (42 characters would be pretty much perfect… not counting PT’s 3 characters).

I'm going to take the fourty character challenge again this time taking Pokemon trainer into account.

Mario series: 5

Mario
Luigi ( mario clone)
Peach
Bowser
Toad OR Bowser Jr.

Reasons: This one still hasn't changed.

Zelda series: 6

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Cell shaded Y.Link (Link clone)
Ganondorf
Tingle

Reasons: This one hasn't changed either.

Pokemon: 5

Pikachu
Pokemon trainer (Squirtle,Ivysaur,Charizard)
Mewtwo

Reasons: Sorry Jigglypuff fans but she won't be making an appearance this time around.

D.K: 3

D.K
Diddy
K.Rool ( Bowser clone)

Reasons: This one is basically the same as my last one too.

Metroid: 3

Samus/Zamus
Ridley

Reasons: Say bye-bye Dark Samus.

F-Zero: 2

Captain Falcon
Pico (Takes Ganon's old moveset)

Reasons: Nothing short of an update on the Dojo can change my mind on this.

Wario series: 1

Wario

Reasons: Still the same.

Yoshi series: 1

Yoshi

Reasons: Nothing about this one has changed.

Star Fox: 3

Fox
Andross
Krystal

Reasons: If they can take the time to make PT THREE CHARACTERS IN ONE, then they can certanly take the time to give Andross a body.

Fire Emblem: 3

Marth
Ike
Black Knight (clone)

Reasons: Still exactly the same.

Retro: 3

Pit
2 others

Reasons: Nothing different here.

New franchises: 2

AC character
Olimar

Reasons: Everything is the same here as well.

Kirby series: 3

Kirby
Meta
DeDeDe

Reasons: Still the same.

3rd party: 3

Sonic
Snake
Geno

Reasons: No differences here.

Earthbound: 1

Ness

Reasons: Still exactly the same.

If I counted right that is 44 characters with 5 clones which is just under fourty.
Technically, that's 40 and 2/3. But whatever.

PT made sense, given his place in the Pokemon games. Andross with a body? That would be including a playable character who has never appeared in a Starfox game. I doubt it will happen, personally.

8.5/10

By the way Numa, if ever you decide to include Midna on one of your lists, I'll give you 11/10.

TINGLE WILL BE IN BRAWL YOU'LL SEE! Hey who are the guys with the giant needle? Hey get away from me. I'M NOT CRAZY, NO!!!!!!!!!
:laugh:

Hey Wiseguy I couldn't resist to think Simon Belmont enters in this group!
My thoughts exactly.

That reminds me there is a balloon fighter sticker seen in the sticker update, and he doesnt look updated at all. I don't know if that means anything, just pointing it out
Lamest. Update. Ever.

Anyways, here´s a new character roster now that we know Sakurai isn´t as predictable as one would think.

WARNING: Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance/Goddess of Dawn and MOTHER3 spoilers.

SUPER MARIO BROS.
01. Mario (confirmed)
02. Luigi
03. Peach (confirmed)
04. Bowser (confirmed)
05. Bowser Jr.
06. Geno

YOSHI
07. Yoshi (confirmed)

DONKEY KONG
08. Donkey Kong (confirmed)
09. Diddy Kong

KID ICARUS
10. Pit (confirmed)
11. Eggplant Wizard

WARIOWARE
12. Wario (confirmed)

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA
13. Link (confirmed)
14. Zelda (confirmed)
15. Ganondorf
16. Wind Waker Link (shading adjusted to suit SSBB atmosphere)

POKÉMON
17. Pikachu (confirmed)
18. Meowth
19-21. Pokémon Trainer w/Squirtle, Ivysaur & Charizard (confirmed)

METROID
22. Samus (confirmed)
23. Zero-Suit Samus (confirmed)
24. Ridley

KIRBY
25. Kirby (confirmed)
26. Meta Knight (confirmed)
27. King Dedede

F-ZERO
28. Captain Falcon

STAR FOX
29. Fox (confirmed)
30. Falco
31. Krystal

FIRE EMBLEM
32. Marth
33. Ike (confirmed)
34. SPOILER:
Zelgius (the Black Knight sans heavy armor)

EARTHBOUND // MOTHER
35. Lucas
36. Masked Boy (Claus with cyborg features)

PIKMIN
37. Captain Olimar

ANIMAL CROSSING
38. Forest Villager (main player character of AC; customizeable appearance/gender)

METAL GEAR (THIRD PARTY - KONAMI)
39. Snake (confirmed)

SONIC (THIRD PARTY - SEGA)
40. Sonic the Hedgehog
Please cover up spoilers.

No to Zelgius. There are enough blue haired swordfighters to include. The idea of Black Knight without his armour is shameful and forbidden.

(Must... resist.... urge.... to give -1/10.....)

Otherwise, it's a solid list. Eggplant Wizard seems like an AT to me, but his inclusion as a PC is just crazy enough to be slightly possible.

7.5/10

Just because Tingle had a Balloon Fighting game gives you guys the idea of a clone. First off, I would say that Tingle has more chance then Balloon Fighter to get in. I personally despise Balloon Fighter, but then again, that is just me. Please, give me a link to stupid Balloon Fighter moveset..I have never seen one. I heard he has a needle, can punch and kick. I don't think that is enough for Brawl.

Please tell me how this is a clone of a nameless fighter. Also critiques would be fine as well.;)

Tingle Moveset-

Physical Standards
Roll speed- 3 out of 5[give or take]
Weight- 3.5 out of 5[muscle weighs more than fat you know]
Speed- 2.5 out of 5[don't know how he runs so this seems fair]
Power- 3.5 out of 5[seems reasonable for my standard below]
Fall Speed- 3 3/4ths out of 5[...do I need say..?]

Standard Attacks
A- Jab(2%)
AA- Jab Jab(2%-4%)
AAA-Jab Jab Headbutt(2%-4%-6%)
Over A- Paintbrush strike(8%)
Down A- Use his map like G@W panel thing(12%)
Up A- Headbutts them up(8%)
Running A- Jumps on stomach and slides with his P.Brush out for a hit(6%)

Special Moves(B)
B- Charges Paintbrush(optional)like and Breaks Sheild like Marths Sheild Breaker(non-charged 7% :: Fully charged 32%)
Over B- Slashes P.Brush like Over A but Shoots Paint out(8%)
Up B- Balloon Recovery that can be popped after 3 seconds of use. Allows manueverability like Pits Wings of Icarus
Down B- Pulls out Rupees to throw at people. (Damage depending on what kind of Rupee you pick)

Recovery-
First Jump- Height of Fox's or a little lower
Second Jump- Like Fox's
Up B Jump- His balloon(damages them if they hit him)

Smash Attacks-
Over Smash- Paintbrush Strike like Links in 64(non-charged 15% :: Fully charged is 30%)
Down Smash- Double Side attack like Marth or Links(non-charged 14% :: fully charged is 26%)
Up Smash- Takes Paintbrush and swirls around while using it. Inside of it does most.(damage pending on where the brush hits)

Aerial attacks-
Fair- Pulls out map in front of himself(8%)
Nair- A jumping kick like Fox's(7%)
Dair- Sticks his P.Brush down for a Meteor or Spike(13%)
Bair- Takes map with one hand and hits them with it(8%)

Final Smash-
Name- ???(haven't thought of it)
What he does- Goes onto his cloud(from his knew DS game)and takes out his sword and you slash enemies or just one in a cinamatec scene. If not cinamatec, you manuever it like Volt Tackle(except not as fast) and go and slash people. Cinamatec can be him flying towards you at high speeds and then keeps slashing you like Links.

Taunt-
Dance and Words- Tingle does his infamous dance and words of twirling around and saying Tingle, Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah!

Grabs-
Grab attacks- Headbutts him
Grab Throw in his direction- A Strike with Sword(7%)
Grab Throw opposite direction- Throws him back then throws his map like a boomerang for a hit(6%)
Grab Throw Down- Stabs them with his sword(11%)
Grab Throw Up- Throws like Jiggs does(8%)
I agree that Tingle could be very unique and different from BF, but chances are only one will be included in my opinion.

I must say, this is a very well thought out and smartt list. You obviously put alot of time into making it!
But, though it is good, I do have two things:
1. About removing Geno from your roster...
While he is fairly obscure, and not very recognisable, is it necessarily fair to do so simply on those factors? As far as I know their are tons of people who would love to see him in Brawl. Mind you, i'm not saying you should base all of your predictions on what fans want, but asking you to consider ALL factors before making them.
And 2...
Is there any particular reason you decided to make Dark Samus an Assist Trophy rather than a full-fledged playable character?
Other than that, nice job. It was a good read.
I knoe Geno would please all the SMRPG fans out there, but I think it's worth asking: would we even consider him if nt for his appearance on Sakurai's poll? Maybe Sakurai really is hell bent on including this awesome and obscure character, but if there are fewer than 40 characters I think he'll just be an AT.

Still, I could be wrong. PROVE ME WRONG SAKURAI!!!

I'm a huge fan of DS, but I always consider her (it?) more of a potential Samus clone. Since Goroh (the prime candidate for the role of Falcon's new clone) was trophified, I expect a similar fate will befall Samus' nemesis.

Dude... I KNOW.

Google Gannon-Banned. I am the BIGGEST effing supporter of one "N" In Ganon/Ganondorf.. Don't correct me on that, @#$%!!!!!!11!!!!11!!!! :laugh:

Seriously, I know. >_>

One word: awesome!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Yep. Forgot Zant, who I'm a supporter of. Now for your updated Zelda Characters for Brawl Deacon chart, color coded for your convenience

Link
Zelda

Gannondorf
Midna & Wolf Link
WW Link

Zant
Midna
Tingle

Skull Kid
Y Link (Returning)

Vaati

P.S: It has already been said by the President of Nintendo that TP takes place decades before Wind Waker. Here's a video that explains it (Comes in 2 parts)

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZrOMC6htCw&mode=related&search=

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oHsJMqU7TE&mode=related&search=

Snakz

Smash Ace
I like you list Wiseguy, and seems we share a similar hate for the broken Sheik, i HATE it when friends play as her/him/whatever the f*ck it's supposed to be

Although i'd like to know your reasoning behind why you think Geno wont be in, he tied for second on the poll, has a large fanbase like you aready said. Sure he's not very important to the mario series, and has only REALLY shown in two games. All im sayin is do you have other easons behind Geno's predicted non-appearance, cause your prediction, no offense, seemed very shallow

As you can tell im a huge Geno supporter, i'd like to be enraged :p, but you've shown your appreciation for Geno, so i respect your opinion.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Dude... I KNOW.

Seriously, I know. >_>

Hey, O D I N... you don't know the list that well, remember? You missed 11 of the 12 Gannon-Bannable offences in that passage I placed in your thread.

I love the Gannon Ban though. Such fun.

Top Bottom