• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I could actually get this update from work today, and I am very (VERY) impressed. My only question is this:

Sakurai states that the story moves along using small movie cutscenes, but in the cutscene he shows, there are four playable characters present (not to mention the screenshot of Link with Yoshi). This leads me to wonder if the story mode is going to be multiplayer co-op?

Edit: I understand that these are just cutscenes, and the screenshots don't show any playable content with multiple characters present. Still, it makes me very curious.
That's a really intriguing idea, actually. Being able to play this cool looking new single player mode in co-op would be fantastic!

Man, it's been a great week for updates!

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
King DeDeDe

Newcomer:King DeDeDe

Statistics
Jump:2/5:King DeDeDe isnt much of a jumper and only has two jumps.The first one is quite high though the second one is much shorter by far.

Size:5/5:King DeDeDe is biggest character though not the tallest,as of his bulcky appearance

Weight:5/5:Face it.He has a huge hammer and muscles.He is heavier than DK but not Bowser.

Speed:2/5:A steady run that can be avoided easily.

Agility:4/5:This large character can dodge easily as well as turn.

Strenght:5/5:King DeDeDe only attacks with his hammer but with his extra muscles a mighty full smash can be devastating.He takes the lead with strongest character known.

Recovery:3/5:King DeDeDe has a good recovery but only at a good angle.Once DeDeDe jumps another 'jump' can be activated.When DeDeDe does this he increase mass and turns in to a gaint floating 'ball' he will bouce several times once on solid ground or even off of a wall.The effect of being under DeDeDe while he is in float form will cruch the user for little damage.

Fall Speed:4/5:As of his weight he has a very fast fall rate only in float mode is he the lightest chararter(this means wind items can blow him away)

Comboability:2/5:DeDeDe isnt about combos though he can use some if used right.

Throw:5/5:DeDeDe can throw very far and effectivley.

Ground attacks.

Neutral A Combo

Name: Hammer Swing
Damage: Low/Mod
Knockback: Low/Mod
Lag: High
Range: Low
Duration: Long
Hits: 2
Effect: Stunned towards ground

Description:A very slow move though if hit by the second swing the enemy will be forced into the ground.May be mistoke for a smash attack.

Up Tilt

Name: Uppercut
Damage: Mod
Knockback: High
Lag: Mod
Duration: Short
Hits: 1
Effect: None

Description:A simple upper cut from the hammer.The further away the more effective.

Forward Tilt

Name: HammerHead
Damage: High
Lag: Low

Description:A powerful push of the hammers head.This move will only knock oppenents forwards(i mean only forward)

Down Tilt

Name: Shinner
Damage: Low
Knockback: Very Low
Lag: None

Description:DeDeDe uses his short legs and quickly jabs the enemies shin.

Dash Attack

Name: Falling Through
Knockback: None
Range: High
Effect:Stunned into ground

Description:DeDeDe runs at his speed the forcefully trips up.If DeDeDe lands onto opponenet they will be crushed into gorund.

Forward Smash

Name: Devastating Whack's'
Range: Short
Duration: Long(depending on charge time)
Hits: 5

Description:DeDeDe raises his hammer above his head,charges, and slams his hammer towards the ground mutliple times.The longer the charge the more hits there are and each one is stronger.

Up Smash

Name: Backflip
Knockback: Really High
Lag: Really High
Range: Long

Description:DeDeDe lifts his body upwards and jerks his foot towards the ememy kicking the upwards.Though in result of using this DeDeDe falls backwards.

Down Smash

Name: 3-D
Knockback: N/A
Duration: Moderate
Effect: Stuns

Description:DeDeDe swings his hammer horizonetaly making enemeis be pushing into the
3-D world were they are stunned for 2 seconds and pushed back inot the 2-D world.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial

Name: Blob
Knockback: Low
Lag: Very Low

Description:DeDeDe inflates himself for a split second any enemies around him at the time are bounced back.

Forward Aerial

Name: Collapse
Range: Mod
Duration: High
Effect: Stun

Description:DeDeDe falls straight to the ground and flattens anyone he lands on.

Backward Aerial

Name: Somersault
Damage: Moderate
Duration: Mod

Description:DeDeDe does a somersualt in midair with his hammer out(similar to kirbys but only 1 swing)

Up Aerial

Name: Clomp
Lag: Moderate
Duration: LOng

Description:DeDeDe slams his hands together either creating a shockwave or crushing opponents.

Down Aerial

Name: Hammers down
Duration: Very Long

Description:put hammer between legs and forces it onto enemies(like Links Down aerial)

Speacil attacks

Neutral B

Name: Suck-up
Knockback: Mod
Range: Very Long

Description:DeDeDe sucks up the opponent giving him 180 degrees to choose to spit them out.When fired out the enemy is in the shape of a star.Multiple enemies can be sucked up at a time.

Up B

Name: Flap
Damage: N/A
Range: N/A
Duration:Mod
Hits: N/A

Description:DeDeDe flaps his arms very fast giving him a slight boost upwards.Can be used to recover or escape.

Forward B

Name: Maximum Power
Damage: Uber Uber Uber Uber High
Knockback: Uber Uber Uber Uber High
Lag: Uber Uber Uber Uber Uber LOng
Effect: Stun(on DeDeDe)

Description:The opponent is hit with a powerful swing of DeDeDes hammer if hit it is guaranteed KO.Though takes 5 seconds to use.

Down B

Name: Star Stomps
Range: Mod/High
Effect: Knockback

Description:DeDeDe jumps into the air a falls with great speed when landing he cruches his opponenst into the ground beneath him/Anyone beside him will be kocked Back by the force of the fall.

Final Smash

Name: Stars r us
Damage: Very High
Knockback: Very High
Lag: N/A
Duration: Very Long (between 10-15 seconds)
Hits: Multiple

Description:DeDeDes eyes light up and the orange aura appears round him.He lifts the star rod from his pocket chants abit then a horde of about 125 warp stars appear crashing towards the stage.During this stage DeDeDe is invincible

Misc

Grab Attack

Name: Heeds
Damage: Very Low
Duration: Very Short

Description:Simply headbutts the target.

Forward Throw

Name: Ruthless toss
Lag: Short

Description:Hurls the enmy forwards.If enemy makes contact with other enemys they also get knocked back.

Backward Throw

Name: Crushing slam

Description:Hurls the enemy backwards but towards the gound.

Down Throw

Name: Fippin Big One
Damage: Uber High
Lag: Verry High

Description:Slams the enemy to the ground the WHACKS them with his hammer causing them to be stunned in the gorund.

Up Throw

Name: Mystic Throw

Description:DeDeDe throws the opponent upwards.As thid happens an auar appears around the enemy.

Taunt:DeDeDe flings his hammer into air,catches it and winks towards the screen.

Sheild:DeDeDe uses his hammer to parry of attacks.

Winning Pose 1:DeDeDe floats around like a ballon the defleats and whizzez around the screen.

Winning Pose 2:DeDeDe Leans on his hammer but toples over.

Winning Pose 3:DeDeDe swings his hamme rtowards the ground make in the screen shake but the a headlight falls on top of him.

Kirby Hat

Costumes:DeDeDes costumes dont differ much apart from colours suited to the team.

Stages:Fountains of dreams.

Appears again but his time the water flow of the fountain either (will always)slows down oppenents or shoots weak burst of water simialr to falcos gun.Warp stars will sometimes come crashing in with kirby enemys on them.

This the profile on King DeDeDe i hope u like it...

Viroxor

Smash Ace
No worries. Odin will take care of that for you:
I guess I am resistant to all kinds of torture. Looks like we'll never be rid of my Falco fandom. As if we need to be rid of my Falco fandom. As a matter of fact, everyone should conform and join the Falco fandom.

This week on "I Love Lombardi":
Falco: Katt, get you scraggly *beep* in here and make me supper!
Katt: Yes, sir.
Falco: Where's the others?
*Fox, Slippy, and and Krystal enter wearing maids' outfits*
Falco: Clean my floor, lazy slobs.
Fox, Slippy and Krystal: Yes, sir, Mr. Lombardi, sir.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Viroxor said:
Okay...

So anyway, I have a few questions, which are posed to everyone:

1. The Subspace Emissary: are we still ticked that there's no online confirmation yet?

2. Are Sheik and Ganondorf really confirmed? http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/03/two-new-characters-for-smash-bros/

3. Has ANYTHING of note gone down in the last two days? I've been kept busy by work and the beginnings of a move, so I don't have all the time in the world for SWF anymore...

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
Popping in for a quick supposition.

Now that we're in the midst of this whole 'universes colliding' theme, supposedly, has anyone rethought the chances of characters that travel between worlds? Maybe even third party ones? C'mon, it IS called Subspace Emissary here.

What about Klonoa? Or maybe even the dreaded 'S' word.

...Ends with 'ora?'?

Maybe this subspace stuff is the reason why Snake is appearing in Brawl, storyline-wise. Maybe an inter-dimensional traveler will appear to right it. Or they might even BE the emissary here.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Man my number of posts have really dwindled. I've almost been reduced to a lurker. Anyway I'm going to take the fourty character challenge again this time adding clones.

Mario series: 5

Mario
Luigi ( mario clone)
Peach
Bowser
Toad OR Bowser Jr.

Reasons: I still think it can go either way for Toad and Bowser Jr. However if Jr. gets in brawl I doubt a shadow mario transformation.

Zelda series: 6

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Cell shaded Y.Link (Link clone)
Ganondorf
Tingle

Reasons: Although I would preffer Skull Kid with Tingles recent game coming to Europe and possibly America his chances are very high.

Pokemon: 4

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Reasons: **** you Sakurai. How dare you pokeballify Deoxys.

D.K: 3

D.K
Diddy
K.Rool ( Bowser clone)

Reasons: Say what you want about him but K.Rool has better chances than most people give him credit for.

Metroid:4

Samus/Zamus
Ridley
Dark Samus ( Just for the sake of being different a Mewtwo clone)

Reasons: Although I love the prime games I don't particularly care for the actual characters of Metroid. Even so it would take an idiot to deny Ridley and DS have good chances.

F-Zero: 2

Captain Falcon
Pico (Takes Ganon's old moveset)

Reasons: I believe I've ranted about F-Zero enough on this thread.

Wario series: 1

Wario

Reasons: This is Wario's first smash outing so I doubt he would bring a friend with him this time.

Yoshi series: 1

Yoshi

Reasons: Is there really anyone else that could rep this series? Not that it's big enough for two reps anyway.

Star Fox: 3

Fox
Wolf
Krystal

Reasons: Sorry fan boys no Falco for you. SF doesn't deserve four reps and it barely deserves three so either except that your precious high tier bird won't be in or go cry to your moms about how unfair the world is.

Fire Emblem: 3

Marth
Ike
Black Knight (clone)

Reasons: Marth is the first lord so he isn't going anywhere. Ike is confirmed so yeah and the Black Knight is Ike's rival and could easily be a luigi style clone of Ike.

Retro: 3

Pit
2 others

Reasons: I don't really want to get into this one. Outside Pit I could see any two other retros making it.

New franchises: 2

AC character
Olimar

Reasons: AC is deffinetly getting a rep with an item stage AND Symbol. As much as I don't like Pikmin with rumors of a third installment and the first two doing very well Olimar has a very good chance

Kirby series: 3

Kirby
Meta
DeDeDe

Reasons: Do I really have to explain myself on this one?

3rd party

Sonic
Snake
Geno

Reasons: I used to just think after Sonic and Snake the third third party character could be anyone but I've finally decided to just say Geno.

Earthbound: 1

Ness

Reasons: I know nothing of this franchise but from what I hear it's not that big so one character should be enough.

That comes to a grand total of 44 characters with 6 clones which if I did my math right is exactly fourty.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wheres Gooey in the Predictions? He has a better chance then Dedede... You can actually play as him in Kirby's dream land 3. And his debut is in kirbys dream land 2 which is really old. A year younger than Dedede. Kirby could be better than kirby@!@!@! God he needs to be in the prediction... He's a trophy is melee...
I dunno Kirby, Meta and Dx3 form a trifecta of awesomeness. DO we really need a fourth Kirby character?

Newcomer:King DeDeDe

Statistics
Jump:2/5:King DeDeDe isnt much of a jumper and only has two jumps.The first one is quite high though the second one is much shorter by far.

Size:5/5:King DeDeDe is biggest character though not the tallest,as of his bulcky appearance

Weight:5/5:Face it.He has a huge hammer and muscles.He is heavier than DK but not Bowser.

Speed:2/5:A steady run that can be avoided easily.

Agility:4/5:This large character can dodge easily as well as turn.

Strenght:5/5:King DeDeDe only attacks with his hammer but with his extra muscles a mighty full smash can be devastating.He takes the lead with strongest character known.

Recovery:3/5:King DeDeDe has a good recovery but only at a good angle.Once DeDeDe jumps another 'jump' can be activated.When DeDeDe does this he increase mass and turns in to a gaint floating 'ball' he will bouce several times once on solid ground or even off of a wall.The effect of being under DeDeDe while he is in float form will cruch the user for little damage.

Fall Speed:4/5:As of his weight he has a very fast fall rate only in float mode is he the lightest chararter(this means wind items can blow him away)

Comboability:2/5:DeDeDe isnt about combos though he can use some if used right.

Throw:5/5:DeDeDe can throw very far and effectivley.

Ground attacks.

Neutral A Combo

Name: Hammer Swing
Damage: Low/Mod
Knockback: Low/Mod
Hits: 2
Effect: Stunned towards ground

Description:A very slow move though if hit by the second swing the enemy will be forced into the ground.May be mistoke for a smash attack.

Up Tilt

Name: Uppercut

Description:A simple upper cut from the hammer.The further away the more effective.

Forward Tilt

Name: HammerHead

Description:A powerful push of the hammers head.This move will only knock oppenents forwards(i mean only forward)

Down Tilt

Name: Shinner
Lag: None

Description:DeDeDe uses his short legs and quickly jabs the enemies shin.

Dash Attack

Name: Falling Through
Knockback: None
Effect:Stunned into ground

Description:DeDeDe runs at his speed the forcefully trips up.If DeDeDe lands onto opponenet they will be crushed into gorund.

Forward Smash

Name: Devastating Whack's'
Duration: Long(depending on charge time)
Hits: 5

Description:DeDeDe raises his hammer above his head,charges, and slams his hammer towards the ground mutliple times.The longer the charge the more hits there are and each one is stronger.

Up Smash

Name: Backflip
Knockback: Really High
Lag: Really High

Description:DeDeDe lifts his body upwards and jerks his foot towards the ememy kicking the upwards.Though in result of using this DeDeDe falls backwards.

Down Smash

Name: 3-D
Effect: Stuns

Description:DeDeDe swings his hammer horizonetaly making enemeis be pushing into the
3-D world were they are stunned for 2 seconds and pushed back inot the 2-D world.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial

Name: Blob

Description:DeDeDe inflates himself for a split second any enemies around him at the time are bounced back.

Forward Aerial

Name: Collapse
Range: Mod
Duration: High

Description:DeDeDe falls straight to the ground and flattens anyone he lands on.

Backward Aerial

Name: Somersault
Damage: Moderate
Duration: Mod

Description:DeDeDe does a somersualt in midair with his hammer out(similar to kirbys but only 1 swing)

Up Aerial

Name: Clomp
Duration: LOng

Description:DeDeDe slams his hands together either creating a shockwave or crushing opponents.

Down Aerial

Name: Hammers down

Description:put hammer between legs and forces it onto enemies(like Links Down aerial)

Speacil attacks

Neutral B

Name: Suck-up
Knockback: Mod

Description:DeDeDe sucks up the opponent giving him 180 degrees to choose to spit them out.When fired out the enemy is in the shape of a star.Multiple enemies can be sucked up at a time.

Up B

Name: Flap
Damage: N/A
Duration:Mod
Hits: N/A

Description:DeDeDe flaps his arms very fast giving him a slight boost upwards.Can be used to recover or escape.

Forward B

Name: Maximum Power
Damage: Uber Uber Uber Uber High
Knockback: Uber Uber Uber Uber High
Lag: Uber Uber Uber Uber Uber LOng
Effect: Stun(on DeDeDe)

Description:The opponent is hit with a powerful swing of DeDeDes hammer if hit it is guaranteed KO.Though takes 5 seconds to use.

Down B

Name: Star Stomps
Range: Mod/High
Effect: Knockback

Description:DeDeDe jumps into the air a falls with great speed when landing he cruches his opponenst into the ground beneath him/Anyone beside him will be kocked Back by the force of the fall.

Final Smash

Name: Stars r us
Knockback: Very High
Duration: Very Long (between 10-15 seconds)
Hits: Multiple

Description:DeDeDes eyes light up and the orange aura appears round him.He lifts the star rod from his pocket chants abit then a horde of about 125 warp stars appear crashing towards the stage.During this stage DeDeDe is invincible

Misc

Grab Attack

Name: Heeds
Damage: Very Low
Duration: Very Short

Description:Simply headbutts the target.

Forward Throw

Name: Ruthless toss
Lag: Short

Description:Hurls the enmy forwards.If enemy makes contact with other enemys they also get knocked back.

Backward Throw

Name: Crushing slam

Description:Hurls the enemy backwards but towards the gound.

Down Throw

Name: Fippin Big One
Damage: Uber High
Lag: Verry High

Description:Slams the enemy to the ground the WHACKS them with his hammer causing them to be stunned in the gorund.

Up Throw

Name: Mystic Throw

Description:DeDeDe throws the opponent upwards.As thid happens an auar appears around the enemy.

Taunt:DeDeDe flings his hammer into air,catches it and winks towards the screen.

Sheild:DeDeDe uses his hammer to parry of attacks.

Winning Pose 1:DeDeDe floats around like a ballon the defleats and whizzez around the screen.

Winning Pose 2:DeDeDe Leans on his hammer but toples over.

Winning Pose 3:DeDeDe swings his hamme rtowards the ground make in the screen shake but the a headlight falls on top of him.

Kirby Hat

Costumes:DeDeDes costumes dont differ much apart from colours suited to the team.

Stages:Fountains of dreams.

Appears again but his time the water flow of the fountain either (will always)slows down oppenents or shoots weak burst of water simialr to falcos gun.Warp stars will sometimes come crashing in with kirby enemys on them.

This the profile on King DeDeDe i hope u like it...
If Sakurai wanted to save some time, he could probably design a moveset with what you've written. My gosh, you even figured out the lag and damage for each move...

That moveset is very thorough, and seems perfect for Dx3.

I have a feeling that Dx3 is going to popular character choice.

I guess I am resistant to all kinds of torture. Looks like we'll never be rid of my Falco fandom. As if we need to be rid of my Falco fandom. As a matter of fact, everyone should conform and join the Falco fandom.

I guess we now know the premise of the next Starfox...

Okay...

So anyway, I have a few questions, which are posed to everyone:

1. The Subspace Emissary: are we still ticked that there's no online confirmation yet?

2. Are Sheik and Ganondorf really confirmed? http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/08/03/two-new-characters-for-smash-bros/

3. Has ANYTHING of note gone down in the last two days? I've been kept busy by work and the beginnings of a move, so I don't have all the time in the world for SWF anymore...
1) http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=109475

2) NO! No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sheik is not confirmed. All we know is that Aouma designed a Sheik character model. This could have been for an Assist Trophy, or because Sakurai was considering making Sheik playable. We have no clue whether Sheik is a playable character. My sincere hope is that he/she/it/potatoe isn't.

(By the way, Samusrules93 and myself have a bet going. If Zelda's down-B is anything BUT Sheik, he has to use a Windwaker Link sig for an entire month. If Sheik is confirmed, I have to use a Sheik sig for a month.)

3) Nothing astronomical. We discussed Marth's future (again) and touched on the Sheik/Ganondorf rumor.

Moving sucks. What a hassel...

Sorry. Not in any way amazed. In fact, I gotta got bored.

I know some actual facts.
Seriously Sakurai, stop visiting this thread. You already know who is in Brawl, so obviously you can't be impressed.

Popping in for a quick supposition.

Now that we're in the midst of this whole 'universes colliding' theme, supposedly, has anyone rethought the chances of characters that travel between worlds? Maybe even third party ones? C'mon, it IS called Subspace Emissary here.

What about Klonoa? Or maybe even the dreaded 'S' word.

...Ends with 'ora?'?

Maybe this subspace stuff is the reason why Snake is appearing in Brawl, storyline-wise. Maybe an inter-dimensional traveler will appear to right it. Or they might even BE the emissary here.
I had Sora on my list for a long while, but everyone have me grief about it. Still, I think his chances are better than most people realize.

EDIT: Just missed you Numa. Hold on a sec.

Man my number of posts have really dwindled. I've almost been reduced to a lurker. Anyway I'm going to take the fourty character challenge again this time adding clones.

Mario series: 5

Mario
Luigi ( mario clone)
Peach
Bowser
Toad OR Bowser Jr.

Reasons: I still think it can go either way for Toad and Bowser Jr. However if Jr. gets in brawl I doubt a shadow mario transformation.

Zelda series: 6

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Cell shaded Y.Link (Link clone)
Ganondorf
Tingle

Reasons: Although I would preffer Skull Kid with Tingles recent game coming to Europe and possibly America his chances are very high.

Pokemon: 4

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario

Reasons: **** you Sakurai. How dare you pokeballify Deoxys.

D.K: 3

D.K
Diddy
K.Rool ( Bowser clone)

Reasons: Say what you want about him but K.Rool has better chances than most people give him credit for.

Metroid:4

Samus/Zamus
Ridley
Dark Samus ( Just for the sake of being different a Mewtwo clone)

Reasons: Although I love the prime games I don't particularly care for the actual characters of Metroid. Even so it would take an idiot to deny Ridley and DS have good chances.

F-Zero: 2

Captain Falcon
Pico (Takes Ganon's old moveset)

Reasons: I believe I've ranted about F-Zero enough on this thread.

Wario series: 1

Wario

Reasons: This is Wario's first smash outing so I doubt he would bring a friend with him this time.

Yoshi series: 1

Yoshi

Reasons: Is there really anyone else that could rep this series? Not that it's big enough for two reps anyway.

Star Fox: 3

Fox
Wolf
Krystal

Reasons: Sorry fan boys no Falco for you. SF doesn't deserve four reps and it barely deserves three so either except that your precious high tier bird won't be in or go cry to your moms about how unfair the world is.

Fire Emblem: 3

Marth
Ike
Black Knight (clone)

Reasons: Marth is the first lord so he isn't going anywhere. Ike is confirmed so yeah and the Black Knight is Ike's rival and could easily be a luigi style clone of Ike.

Retro: 3

Pit
2 others

Reasons: I don't really want to get into this one. Outside Pit I could see any two other retros making it.

New franchises: 2

AC character
Olimar

Reasons: AC is deffinetly getting a rep with an item stage AND Symbol. As much as I don't like Pikmin with rumors of a third installment and the first two doing very well Olimar has a very good chance

Kirby series: 3

Kirby
Meta
DeDeDe

Reasons: Do I really have to explain myself on this one?

3rd party

Sonic
Snake
Geno

Reasons: I used to just think after Sonic and Snake the third third party character could be anyone but I've finally decided to just say Geno.

Earthbound: 1

Ness

Reasons: I know nothing of this franchise but from what I hear it's not that big so one character should be enough.

That comes to a grand total of 44 characters with 6 clones which if I did my math right is exactly fourty.
Sheik? Say it aint so Numa. :(

Actually, I'm rather liking it. You've met the 40 character limit 38 originals (including transformations) + 6 clones. You've also got all the basics (including Olimar and Black knight. Yay!). Honestly, I'm not crazy about Pico's chances - but I'd love to see a second F-sero rep (who isn't Balck Shadow) so I'll keep my fingers crossed. I still think Midna will appear, but if any other character could steal her spot it would be Tingle.

9/10. I might have a few quibbles, but this roster could definitely work. Good job.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yay for another list with Marth.

Sorry I didn't realize that clones weren't even half of a character. XD
Black Knight deserves to be more than 1/3 of a character don't you think?

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Third Party Runners Up:​

1) Banjo & Kazooie

Comments:
Vaseline said:
What do you think about Banjo-Kazooie? I know I'm not the only one that would like to see these two in action.
What I think is that he would be an awesome and welcome addition, but is all but impossible. In any divorce, it's always the kids who suffer most - and the tragic break up between Nintendo and Rare is no excepetion. Nintendo left with the rights to the Donkey Kong franchise and it's characters, and Rare left with the Banjo Kazooie, Perfect Dark and Conker franchises to make games for Microsoft. And with the next B&K game coming exclusively to the 360, I would highly doubt that the Borg- er... "Mircrosoft" would want to want their characters franternising with the enemy on Wii.

It's a shame, because B&K would totally fill the vacant bear-and-bird-tagteam niche in the Brawl roster.

2) ***reserved***

3) Sora:

Fun fact: the Kingdom Hearts games have sold more than 10 million copies. Hard to
imagine that many ten year old girls play videogames.

Comments: I have never played a Kingdom Hearts game, nor do I have any great desire to do so. I am, however, in favor of putting Sora in Brawl because it would be the equivalent of a stake in the heart of Sony. Imagine, if you will, the millions of
Square Enix nuts who would purchase Wiis just for the chance to play as their precious Sora. It might be enough to convince Square to bring the next Kingdom Hearts game exclusively on the Wii, thus facilitating Nintendo's complete dominance of the console industry.

I wouldn't even have considered putting Sora on this list if it wasn't for the fact
that he appeared on Sakurai poll. True, he might be just another joke character suggestion, but I'm not too sure. Some have said that Sora can't appear in Brawl because Disney has dual ownership of the character. However, the scores of crappy Disney licensed games on the GBA and DS suggest that Nintendo has a solid working relationship with that company as well. And really, don't crappy games deserve some representation for once? (Don't answer that.)

5) Black Mage

Comments: I thought I had a pretty good thing going with Geno representing Old Square Enix and Sora representing New Square Enix - but if only one SE characters makes the cut, I would argue that Black Mage has the best shot. In addition to being the most awesome and iconic of the characters in Final Fantasy I, Black Mage has popped again and again as a class in games like the imensely popular FFIII - not to mention cameos in recent games like Chocobo Tails and Mario Hoops: 3 on 3.

Simply put, Brawl needs another magic user besides Zelda. Yeah, yeah I know I've been a strong supporter of Miciaiah in the past - but now that Zelda is swordless and likely using light magic, I'm changing my prediction. Black Mage could have a great moveset with Fire, Ice and Thunder magic and the ability to wack foes with his staff.

6) Bonk

Comments: Bonk is a frickin’ caveman who defeats his enemies by smashing them with his massive cranium! How can he NOT be in Brawl?!?

In addition to being the radest retro character this side of Earthworm Jim, Bonk was
Turbographix-16 mascot in the fiercely competitive 16-bit console wars – making him the third pillar in the legendary Mario-Sonic-Bonk rivalry. More importantly, his games have been given a second life on Nintendo’s virtual console – fulfilling the essential requirement of appearing on a Nintendo platform.

Tragically, Bonk may not get put in Brawl – and if you are one of the people who want to see Bomerman represent Hudson, you are part of the problem. I’ve got nothing against the B-man, but objectively and scientifically speaking Bonk is a far more unique and compelling character than some generic dude who throws bombs. Let's hope Hudson and Nintendo agree and give Bonk a proper rival as a Brawl character.

6) Jade

Comments: Are you one of those people who saw Beyond Good and Evil on sale for $5 in a bargain bin again and again and yet never purchased it? If so, then you my friend SUCK! Don't feel too bad - one was one of those people too. But when I finally
purchased the game, I discovered what is one of the most brilliant and inventive
Zelda-style adventure games around. But as cool as the game is, the protagonist Jade is even more so. Rather than follow the tired convention of including female videogame characters who act like total dipsticks, Jade is genuinely interesting and likeable character in here own right.

Jade could have a great staff-based moveset and stun foes with her trademark camera.

Unfortunately, with her game selling abysmally and the staff wielding Krystal a sure
thing there is roughly a zero percent chance of Jade appearing in Brawl - unless
Sakurai is a huge BG&E fan.

7) Viewtiful Joe

Comments: There is really no character so well suited for Smash Bros as the one and
only Viewtiful Joe. The character has an iconic appearance, a repitoir of flashy rock-em sock-em fighting moves and a ultra-cheesy catch phrase. Also, the character debuted on the Gamecube - so he has as much of a connection to Nintendo as a Capcom character can. In theory, Joe seems like a no-brainer for Brawl.

However, things are not so simple. Following the release of Viewtiful Joe 1&2, the
series enjoyed wide spread critical acclaim and modest commercial success - until
Capcom drove the franchise into the ground with with the very poor sequel
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble, which soiled Joe's good name and signaled the end of the series. Sadly, with the Viewtiful franchise seemingly extinct and Megaman still living large as Capcom's mascot, it seems highly doubtful that Joe will be ressurected for Brawl. A crying shame, that.

8) Ryu Hayabusa

Ryu wants to know where you stand on the Pirate vs. Ninja debate.

On Sakurai's poll: No

Comments: Hey, don't look at me like that, I'm deadly serious. Before the star of the
legendary Ninja Giaden series became a poster boy for the Xbox and PS3, Ryu was the star of the popular and critically acclaimed Ninja Giaden trilogy for the NES. ...Or so I'm told. Although I've heard nothing but glowing recommendations for the series, I've never owned a platform with a Giaden game. However, that will soon change with the imminent release of Ninja Giaden DS (which is generating a surprising amount of positive buzz for its unique use of the stylus).

It seems to me that if any Tecmo representative deserves to make it into Brawl, it's
Ryu. I suspect that some of you Nintendo purists will turn up your noses at the
prospect of a Dead or Alive character fighting alongside Mario and Link. To these
people I say: get over yourself! Brawl is about honoring great videogame characters,
and Ryu fits that description to a T.

9) Lloyd Irving

Comments: The Gamecube's library wasn't exactly fertile ground for great RPGs, but
Tales of Symphonia is a notable exception. In what was considered at the time to be the pinnacle of the Tales series, this game introduced a massive world, a lengthy and
compelling story, a decent sized cast of memorable characters - and best of all: a
highly addictive real time battle system that allowed four players to customize their
character to their liking and fight side by side. In short, even if you think that RPGs
aren't your thing, this is the game that will change your mind.

The game's hero, Lloyd, is the kind of character that seems like a fantastic match for
Smash Bros. With his flashy, over the top attacks and dual samurai swords add up to a character that would fit in perfectly with the smash gang. Unfortunately, as Namco reps go, he lags far behind Pacman and his absense from Sakurai's poll means that we have no idea if he was ever even considered for a spot on the roster. Throw in the fact that there isn't exactly a lack of swordfighters in the game and Lloyd's chances are less than ideal, sadly.

10) King Trode

Comments: Alright, alright. King Trode is not going to happen. The fact that his only
game appearance was Dragon Quest VIII (a PS2 exclusive) means that he won’t make it into Brawl under any circumstances.

However, this doesn’t change the fact that King Trode would be perfect for Brawl! For you bozos who haven’t played DQ8, Trode was once a normal King – until an evil jester encased his entire kingdom in magical thorns, turned him into a monster and his daughter into a horse. Luckily for him, his loyal guard (the player) survives and
bizarre trio embark on an epic quest to break the jester’s curse. Not to spoil
anything, but the game is easily the greatest traditional RPG ever (EAT IT FINAL
FANTASY!) thanks in no small part to Trode’s memorable and hilarious personality.
Unfortunately, Trode is limited to offering advice and creating items with his alchemy
pot so he isn’t a playable character.

So what makes Trode Brawl worthy? Well, he is also the perfect representative for the Dragon Quest franchise – which is huge in a little country called Japan. Besides, Trode is just about the greatest character in any RPG ever. What’s that? You disagree? TOO BAD!

KING TRODE FOR BRAWL!

12) Kalas

Chances: Not Impossible

Comments: Alright! Who here loves Baten Kaitos?

*Crickets chirping*

Yeah, that's what I thought. For those who don't know, Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean and its prequel Baten Kaitos Origins are two of the finest RPGs on the Gamecube. Set in an excessively weird world (even by RPG standards) where islands float in the sky, people have wings and objects can be stored in cards called "magnus" the series doesn't quite have the fan base of a Tales or Final Fantasy game. The first game combined a generic save-the-world-from-ancient-evil storyline with stunning pre-rendered graphics, unintentionally hilarious voice acting and a surprisingly addictive card based battle system that feels is best described as high speed solitaire. Origins, set years before the original, had a far superior storyline but had a far more simplistic battle system. Made by Monolith Studios (makers of the Xenosaga series) the first game was published by Namco and the second by Nintendo. Recently, Nintendo purchased something like 80% of Monolith, so hopefully we see the series continued on the DS or Wii.

Kalas was the main character in the original game, and the biggest dope in RPG history. You can tell that Monolith tried to make him seem like the game's "bad boy" but he winds up coming across as pretty stupid (example: when informed near the beginning of the game that the world would end without his assistance, he responds will the immortal line: "So what? What does that have to do with me?" Yeeeaaahhhh.) In battles, Kalas can fly with the use of his wings (one of which is robotic) and attack with his sword and dagger.

As much as I would love to see Kalas in Brawl as a representative of the Baten Kaitos
series, it doesn't seem very likely. Kalas is just too similar to characters like Pit
and Ike to make a unique enough addition to the roster. Still, it would bring joy to
myself, and the other three Baten Kaitos fans, to see Baten Kaitos get some recognition
for once.

15) Crash Bandicoot

Comments: This was character was suggested by Demon Kirby. (Remember: anyone can make a character suggestion, PM me and I'll post it here.) I know zip about Crash and I don't particularily like his chances, but neverthe less, here he is.

Demon Kirby said:
Crash Bandicoot was formerly the mascot for the Playstation, but since his departure from Naughty Dog, he has become a purely third party character, with games for the Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft systems. Crash's third game was declared one of the best platformers ever. And recently has come out with a new game and a new model:

Old Crash's look:

Also, with his new game, he has received a wide variety of new attacks, such as roundhouse kicks and punches. He also received a new ability in his newest game that would make a perfect Final Smash.

16) Travis Touchdown

Comments: Please, please, please read visit this thread: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=119498

17) Luneth

Comments:

Numa Dude said:
Luneth the protagonist of final fantasy III.

I think Luneth should get in brawl because by allowing him to be in it would increase good relations with square and because he would have a very cool moveset if they gave him a bunch of abilitys from the different classes in the game. I currently have a moveset in the works but it isn't finished yet. Sadly while he would PWN there is little reason to believe he would actually be chosen. Geno is the most likely square character to be included and since he already has ties with Mario that just makes him even more likely.
18) Spyro

Comments:
Sabrewulf238 said:
Ok well, Spyro has been primarily a sony charecter but latly theres been nothing on any sony console but there is going to be a game for the wii called The Eternal Night, which while not being an astounding game it's supposed to be a decent game (Relying on my games mag for this). In my opinion Spyro games have been on par with Sonic games in terms of quality...perhaps a bit better even....

Moveset:

B Right/Left - Running Headbutt - Stampedes in the direction knocking foes out of the way and causing damage.

B Up - Takes flight and is able to glide.

B Down - Slam - Slams tail at foes.

B - Changes from fire breath to ice breath every 5 seconds.

Final Smash - Comet Headbutt - Speeds all around the stage with a Fiery headbutt much stronger then the normal one.

(I know this isn't a great summary but I'm in a bit of a hurry, hope that helps :) )
GodzillaSmasher said:
Don't worry. This isn't Godzilla related :p

I've got a 3rd party character for your opinion. Remember Spyro?

I even made a possible moveset.

Standard Special Attack- Fire Breath: Spyro shoots a short range fire blast in front of him.

Down Special Attack- Head Bash: Spyro jumps up, does a flip, and slams his horns on the ground.

Side Special Attack- Charge: Spyro charges forward, ramming anyone in his wake. You can also turn, and Charge in the other direction.

Up Special Attack- Hover: Spyro quickly flaps his wings, and gains a little altitude. If he hits someone, and will use his pointed tail to ram off of them.

Final Smash- PowerUp: Well, he has the smash ball. Now what? He looks, attacks, and moves the same and.....wait......HOLY MOLY! All of his Special Attacks are uber!

Fire Breath--> Super Flame: A giant fireball of searing heat shoots forward, nonstop, destroying anything it it's path.

Head Bash--> Earth Shake: When Spyro's head slams the ground, a small earthquake results.

Charge--> Super Charge: Ultra powerful nearly one hit kill move. However, be careful where you step. You may be a little too fast....

Hover--> Super Flight: Spyro flys higher upward, in a corkscrew motion, and rams straight through anything.

19) Earthworm Jim

Comments:

leprechaunlink727 said:
He's a thousand times less ridiculous then most of the runners up, I made a failed support thread a while back. It basically contains all of my arguments for his brawl appearance, but also acknowledges he had zero chance to begin with.

I don't know if you ever played his games, but he's a great character. The franchise died with his mediocre N64 game, and is still struggling to be ressurected despite numerous attempts by various publishers. However, I firmly beieve that had Brawl been released on the SNES, with EWJ2 fresh in people's minds, he would have been a shoe-in third party character.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
I've already got a hideous WW Link sig, but SR might require your services in designing a Sheik sig. Just don't put too much work into it, because it will NEVER be used. Because Sheik is NOT in Brawl.
I wish I had your conviction, man. It must be good to live without the constant fear of having to suffer him/her/it/potato for another six years. I myself cannot get that confident. How do you manage? I want some of whatever you use for it, to ease my mind out of the thought that Ridley or Midna might actually not make it for some reason or another *shudder*. It keeps me up at night sometimes...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Drascin, if you could make a hideous shiek sig saying wiseguy got owned, i would appreciate it.

whoops, i missed your post ODIN. make it as bad as possible, and if Drascin makes one too, whichever is worse is what i'll put up.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Drascin, if you could make a hideous shiek sig saying wiseguy got owned, i would appreciate it.
Uhhh? *looks confused* Me? But I have no idea as to how to use a graphic editor! And I'm actually a bit anti-Sheik!

No, seriously, just out of curiosity, why did you adress that to me? Especially after my last post when I mentioned I'd like to share Wisey's conviction that Sheik's not coming back? Do I really explain myself that badly that what I say comes across backwards? :ohwell:. Crap. And now that I was thinking I was starting to get the hang of this accursed language...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You know what I'll take that bet too. If Shiek isn't in brawl I'll use a Midna sig for a month.
Cool. And once Midna is confirmed you'll have plenty of images to choose from.

Someone call a psychiatrist, because Wiseguy's in denial! ;)
I wish I had your conviction, man. It must be good to live without the constant fear of having to suffer him/her/it/potato for another six years. I myself cannot get that confident. How do you manage? I want some of whatever you use for it, to ease my mind out of the thought that Ridley or Midna might actually not make it for some reason or another *shudder*. It keeps me up at night sometimes...
Someone must keep the faith alive! I really, really think that the interview that "confirmed" Sheik has confused the fact that TP Zelda transforming into Sheik MAKES NO SENSE. I think we aren't seeing the big picture yet, but I'm positive that Sakurai's solution is not to have OoT Sheik as a transformation for a TP character.

ODIN would be happy to help you out.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
You know what I'll take that bet too. If Shiek isn't in brawl I'll use a Midna sig for a month.
Someone call a psychiatrist, because Wiseguy's in denial! ;)
XD

whoops, i missed your post ODIN. make it as bad as possible, and if Drascin makes one too, whichever is worse is what i'll put up.
ODIN would be happy to help you out.
Just remember when I win you have to use a sig of my choosing for a month.
Place your bets! PLACE YOUR BETS!

Since I'm the resident sig maker, I'll be taking applications here. ;)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Whatsza happening over here? hey?...

And if you want a... "bad as possible" sig ask l33t marth to make it.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Whatsza happening over here? hey?...

And if you want a... "bad as possible" sig ask l33t marth to make it.
2) NO! No, no, no, no, NOOOOOOOOOO!!! Sheik is not confirmed. All we know is that Aouma designed a Sheik character model. This could have been for an Assist Trophy, or because Sakurai was considering making Sheik playable. We have no clue whether Sheik is a playable character. My sincere hope is that he/she/it/potatoe isn't.

(By the way, Samusrules93 and myself have a bet going. If Zelda's down-B is anything BUT Sheik, he has to use a Windwaker Link sig for an entire month. If Sheik is confirmed, I have to use a Sheik sig for a month.)
Thar ya go..................

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Someone must keep the faith alive! I really, really think that the interview that "confirmed" Sheik has confused the fact that TP Zelda transforming into Sheik MAKES NO SENSE. I think we aren't seeing the big picture yet, but I'm positive that Sakurai's solution is not to have OoT Sheik as a transformation for a TP character.
Hang on a second Wiseguy! Why are we automatically assuming that if Shiek is in, it's as a Zelda transformation? For all we know, she could be a separate character or an AT.

But that's if she IS in. I for one do not think that this latest interview has confirmed Shiek at all. On contrary, it's simply raised her and Ganondorf's chances. After all, if this interview is real (and it seems to me to be genuine), we now know that a Shiek and Ganondorf model was created for Brawl. What we don't know is for what purpose those character models are for. While everybody seems to agree Ganondorf is a shoe-in, Shiek's fate is less certain. However, you must see that now, much as you dislike the character, her chances have increased.

And before you throw the "Sakurai seems to be only using material from Twilight Princess, so Shiek must be out" argument at me, that's not true at all. Sakurai IS using some material from OoT as well, specifically the OoT remix, and that suggests to me we're also going to get a stage based on OoT as well: that music does not fit the Bridge of Eldin well at all IMO. Since Sakurai is clearly NOT just using material from TP for the Zelda franchise, this also means that Shiek could still return, as a playable representative of Ocarina of Time, just as how Link & Zelda (and we assume Ganondorf) will represent Twilight Princess due to their designs. However, my personal opinion is that if she does return, it'll be as a hidden character, separate from Zelda entirely, and she may get a much-needed revamp.

And finally, why so much hate towards Shiek, Wiseguy? Yes, she's overpowered, and yes, she's extremely cheap in the wrong hands, but hard as it may be to believe there are Shiek players who are pretty darn good without being cheap or relying too much on her overpowering traits. She's by no means my favourite character in Melee either, and I hardly ever use her myself, but your blind hatred of her is starting to worry me. Are you seriously telling me that if Shiek returns as a separate playable character in Brawl, is redesigned and gets her moves toned down a bit, you still won't touch her with a 10ft bargepole just because she was so overpowered in Melee? Look at Kirby and Ness. Many thought they were overpowered in SSB64, and lo and behold, Sakurai toned them down (although he did so too much, making them too weaker than before). I predict that the same thing will happen in Brawl to Fox, Marth and Shiek (if the latter 2 are in).

Oh, and BTW, are you going to update Peach's profile now that yesterday's update confirmed her? Or are you going to wait until Monday, when we'll probably get her bio anyway?:)

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sheik as a PC... Is she important enough to be considered for that? i mean she has only apeared in one game (Not including SSBM).

But Links uncle was on the poll so... maybe he is getting in...

XD

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Open bet offer!

ZOMG! All these bets and I never crashed the party. I have to say, I do think Sheik will be in! I am not with Wiseguy on this one. I would gladly make a bet but to most of you, Tingle sigs are bad enough lol. I actually like my sig. If anyone wants to make a bet with me an a bad sig that I wouldn't like then it is a deal. If I win, your sig will be of my choicing. You know the rules..you lose you get the sig for a month.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
It IS worth mentioning that if Sheik is cut, they WOULD want to honor a previous character with at least a trophy. So I mean, it's obvious she's going to HAVE to at least appear somehow.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!

I need to just add if it has not been said that once these bets are in and done, EVERYONE has to post the signature given to them to see in every single post. Meaning, every post you make must have a signature. If this doesn't happen, these bets will all be pointless. If this wasn't mentioned, you guys are lucky I just placed my bet in a above post! I am still avaliable as well!

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
ATTENTION EVERYONE!!!!!!

I need to just add if it has not been said that once these bets are in and done, EVERYONE has to post the signature given to them to see in every single post. Meaning, every post you make must have a signature. If this doesn't happen, these bets will all be pointless. If this wasn't mentioned, you guys are lucky I just placed my bet in a above post! I am still avaliable as well!
Unless the topic says no sigs. You kinda have to follow that. ;)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Man, you've got too much faith in the whole Zelda timeline. Come on people, am I the only one who sees the Zelda franchise as a series of the same characters in different stories? It's why TP Zelda can use Oot magic and not break a sweat. Zelda isn't Final Fantasy, the characters repeat in more than just name alone.
Besides, we don't know for sure if they truly ARE wholly (and only) TP inpired characters yet. When Link is seen useing the gale boomerang, or Ganondorf is seen with a glowing scar in his chest, THEN we'll know for sure, and not a moment before.

I somehow doubt that we would see Marth as an AT, but it would be hilarious no doubt.
Almost as funny as seeing Midna as an AT or Sheik as a returning character, I'm sure. Ok, well, maybe not quite as funny, but pretty close.

And I too have been really excited since this update. Every time Sakurai reveals the tiniest piece of info, I think to myself "Microsoft and Sony could merge, release the PS360 with holo-deck style virtual reality - and Nintendo would still OWN!" Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to redefine awesome!
I know. Did you see those things Metaknight was fighting? Squids in centurion helmets dual-wielding swords! What's up with THAT?!

It may have been easier just to include Marth's, but since Ike HAD to be included - they may have designed a new moveset for him and thought: why bother spending even more time including a very similar, old moveset?

Or they may have drastically tweaked Marth's moveset (like they did with Luigi's for Melee) and assigned to to Ike instead.
Assuming that Ike and Marth fight similarly at all, which brings me to...

I think we should wait until we have something other than still screenshots before determining how Ike moves... ;)
You're right of course. But we should also hold off on determining how similar Ike's moveset is to Marth's until we have more than still screenshots to go off of, as long as we're holding off on judgment.
But you can tell a fair amount about someone by looking at them.
For example: Marth's center of gravity is his hips. This allows his shoulders (and thus his sword arm) to get just a little bit farther from himself than normal, which helps him in his tipper-centric moveset. Of course, it also makes him look like a pansy; weight centered in the hips is very feminine. Marth moves like a girl.
Now, I haven't seen Ike move, no, but just look at the stills of him. His center of gravity seems to be his shoulders (more like Link), which is the more masculine way to hold yourself. It also would theoretically allow some significantly more powerful blows.

None of this means anything until we get to see some moveset, but it is food for thought.

I can't say I'm all that excited about the story mode, but if it has co-op that would be totally sick! Maybe online co-op? Probably not, but I can dream...
Man, I've been pulling for co-op single player (even though it sounds like an oxymoron) since day one. What's cooler than Ganondorf saving the world? Ganondorf and RIDLEY saving the world, that's what.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
How come Metaknight appears to be such a bad guy in the update? His ship is seen dropping those minion things on Mario and Kirby, AND is seen in another screenshot firing at an Arwing, which we ASSUME is piloted by Fox. I figured we'd see Bowser or someone as a more major bad guy.

Anyway, I'm still eagerly awaiting the Monday update, but I won't be able to cherish it for long, because of band camp. How fun.

DonkeySmasher

Smash Ace
typing on wii so my usual spacing for long wordwalls will be absent
may your eyes be spared:(
anyway this update may now change some lists due to possible character roles
it's now harder to see retro characters find a role in a complex plot with character development
of course the subspace emissary can only use the starting roster which can solve this problem

Top Bottom