• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My guess is around 35. Hopefully we'll see as many as 40.
I say around 45, maybe 1 or 2 more/less. Never would have guessed you'd say so low Wiseguy! :( With the whole HAL Laboratory, Eiji Aonuma and his team [plus Cero] are working on it, all of Nintendo is backing it up, Hideo Kojima and a few members of his team, Shigeru Miyamoto and a few members of his team, Monster [or was it Monsters=???], Ape [the peeps who help make the 1st 2, plus the EarthBound series], Game Freak, etc.

Makes sense.
Plus, c'mon how was that not a "BANG! HEADSHOT!" moment=??? If it was Marth, there wouldn't be as many "zomgs, zomgs, zomgs". Plus, it pleases a gignatic fanbase.

Diddy does make sense. My character update predictions:

1) Captain Falcon

2) Diddy Kong

3) Olimar

4) ????
As of now: 1.Peach. 2.Meta Knight [still hope]. 3.G'dorf. 4.Diddy Kong. 5.Shiek or Capt. Falcon [with all three of his knees]. 6.Ness.

If Marth isn't cut, then why wasn't he revealed before Ike? Marth is the veteran, so conventional logic would indicate that he would be revealed first.
"BANG HEADSHOT!" and mindgames, son moment! :laugh: Now would Marth make that big of a spark, NO! Ike, it made a nuclear eplosion in Korea. It's pleased fnabases, and will be getting HUGE publicity.

Why make a new moveset? Becuase Marth's moveset was unbalanced. And besides, whi says Ike's moveset will be completely new? Perhaps they just reworked the Marth/Roy moveset and put a unique spin on it with some new sword slashes.
As was Fox's, and he's returning. Same with Kirby, and he was modded [and made useless]. As was Pikachu, and he returned[and was much weaker]. Tiers in SSB64 and SSB Melee don't matter in Brawl, it's a whole diffrent ballgame. Heck, Mewtwo will probably return, and he's at the tip bottom of the tiers. Just expect changes, and really Marth wasn't that bad. He was just too quick, and really only REAL good on a pro skill level.

And it looks totally diffrent...kinda reminds me of Link with the Biggorn Sword. No way do I see Marth's moveset being reflected very much in Ike in Brawl, they are nothing alike, other then looks. Marth is fast and quick, Ike is well fast and strong, but not as fast in attacking.

Besides, Ike looks VERY similar to Marth. Not only in hair colour, but in stature, outfit and facial features.

Jiggs and Kirby.

Marth and Ike are clearly nowhere as near as close in relations as Jiggs and Kirby. For one, they both suck things [lol! XD]. 2. They're entirely Pink. 3. They both are small. 4. They are both about the same height and weight in SSB64 and Melee. 5. They both are totally unrealistic, and hey are both probably cel-shaded [Kirby for sure].

If they use Marth's newer look, he would look a lot more unlike Ike. Marth=Light blue hair+light blue suit+ light blue eyese+ blue and red cape. Ike=dark blue hair+dark blue suit+brown cape [sorta reminds me of Bass]+dark blue eyes. not the biggest diffrence, but they are easily diffrence. The look point is now deemed irrelevant. :grin:

BTW, how does Roy look like a girl=??? He sorta looks like my friend, lol! [minus the headband, those headbands make them all look like cross-dressers] If it weren't for those headbands, Marth would look a lot less like a female [in which you can tell by his agressive sword style he's a dude], and if Roy didn't have that headband [which is somewat okay, though he should lose it, like Fox lost his retarted headgear], they'd look somewat normal. Minus the stupid looking blue hair, hate blue hair. :laugh:

It's too early to tell, but I would imagine that Ike will be a mish-mash off both Marth and Roy's characteristics.
While he has strength unlike either of them, he's using a double-handed sword! If you were to compare the three, Ike would be the slowest if they were all in Brawl. His moveset is too original to be based off them, and fanbases would be pretty upset if he was a "semi-clone". If anything, if G'dorf gets a sword like Ike, he'd be more a clone off him, and Ike's moveset seems more like wat Link's would be if he never had a sheild. BTW, how is BK more important and Brawl spot worthy than Marth=??? No one deserves the 2nd spot FE more than Marth, no one.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
To me, it just seems like these updates are getting bigger and bigger. This update basically expanded on the one from like what, a couple of weeks ago? Also, we basically got two characters confirmed this week, a newcomer and a returning character.

Just Peachy...

Not to mention talks about Sheik designs being worked on. No, that doesn't confirm Sheik, but I must say her chances have to increased, why, because they were asked to work on designs. If they didn't want Sheik in, why would they want to redesign them? Either way, how Sheik returns if she does is left up in the air, so Sakurai can mind game us, again.

For some reason, I feel like my above paragraph doesn't come off as very logical. I guess I need some counter arguments to feel like I'm thinking logical again.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Shiek's confirmed to be in Brawl, along with G'dorf. But that doesn't mean she's playable. ;)

And since no one here is stupid and doubts G'dorf, it goes without being said he's playable, PERIOD! I'll bet Super Mario Galaxy G'dorf will be a PC in Brawl...that way I get 2 games for free this year! :)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
It doesn't 100% confirm Shiek or Ganondorf, it just says that they have submitted designs to Sakurai, and doesn't mean he has actually used them. Granted there is little doubt that Ganondorf is getting in, and it does seem to suggest that Shiek has a decent chance of returning, but I won't say either is 100% safe till Sakurai says so.

Though I get the feeling that Sakurai will be having a little word with Aonuma, that's probably not the kind of thing he wants leaked out.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Leaked out? Wouldn't he be very careful about what he said regarding Brawl? It's not like saying they submitted designs for Ganondorf and Sheik is some massive surprise that no one saw coming. It's not like he said something like... "we helped design Midna to get in Brawl". Personally, I think it's about time this never ending Sheik argument took a new turn.

On the other hand, since he sent a design for Sheik rather then say something like "we feel that Sheik has no place being in Brawl due to the TP nature of the other Zelda characters". As already mention, this doesn't confirm Sheik. This also doesn't say how Sheik will return if she does.

Chibirobo

Smash Ace
GUYS WAIT! I though of somthing about the Sheik rumors: what if because this is TP Zelda Sheik might be her final smash.(probably not,but you never know) and Ridley fans rejoice; Ridley will most defientely be in Samus's storyline,and you might even unlock him by beating him as Samus!

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Leaked out? Wouldn't he be very careful about what he said regarding Brawl? It's not like saying they submitted designs for Ganondorf and Sheik is some massive surprise that no one saw coming
Doesn't change the fact that Sakurai probably wants to reveal everything in his own way, and even if Gannondorf and Shiek were characters in melee that were likely to return, they are still unconfirmed so any outside information regarding their status in brawl is probably unwanted by Sakurai. If he was going to be careful regarding brawl, he would've simply said 'I'm not at liberty to say anything on the matter' or something along those lines.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Well you have to say, it definately increases her Shiek's chances of returning.
And if they didn't cut an unimportant character like her, then what does that say about Marth

Also, I've got a new opinion on the castle stage.

I think that the castle stage confirmed two very important things for Marth's cause that keeps his chances alive.

1. Since it's confirmed that it is not "Ike's Stage" then there is a very high chance that Ike will not be the only FE representative.
2. Since the stage is not from any particular FE (rather than being confirmed as the Daein or even Begnion castle, that means that we will likely get reps from different games in the series. That could mean getting a rep from the upcomming FE10 (which would allow the Black Knight to still get in) or a rep from all the way back to FE1 (which would allow Marth, Sigurd, Lyndis, Hector, Marth) to get in.

Note that this raises the chances for every FE Lord, but Marth's chances where already higher than all the others to start with. How many FE lords can really compete with Marth. Granted that The Black Knight's chances are also increased if Sakurai decides that FE9 and FE10 should count as different worlds

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i'm not logical? :sad:

http://gameinformer.com/News/Story/200708/N07.0802.1741.54921.htm
and wiseguy, if this is a trusted source, shiek is confirmed.
Confirmed, but not confirmed as a playable character. We'll just have to wait and see, though I think the source is reliable. Why would the biggest gaming magazine in the world lie to us=??? It's a legit article, but it never said Shiek was PLAYABLE!

However, G'dorf isn't debateble, he's in. However, IMO Shiek is now more than likely in! YIPEE! :)

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Wow, I could actually get this update from work today, and I am very (VERY) impressed. My only question is this:

Sakurai states that the story moves along using small movie cutscenes, but in the cutscene he shows, there are four playable characters present (not to mention the screenshot of Link with Yoshi). This leads me to wonder if the story mode is going to be multiplayer co-op?

Edit: I understand that these are just cutscenes, and the screenshots don't show any playable content with multiple characters present. Still, it makes me very curious.

Arteen

Smash Lord
On Sheik, my thinking is that if the SSBB team was just going to have her as an AT, they would just use her OoT/Melee look. There wouldn't need to be much of a reason or need to update her look any more than that. If they're going through the effort of updating her look, that strongly implies that she's getting updated and is receiving a TP makeover, and all that work would make sense if she is a playable character. This doesn't prove anything, but it makes Sheik seem more likely as a playable character.

Smile Guy

Smash Apprentice
Yeh but Hammer Joe and Dr. Wright were given completely new looks and they're just ATs. Just throwing in that point...

And yes, there might be other Fire Emblem characters but that doesn't mean it's Marth. The fact is, is that Ike and Marth looks so unbelievably similar to a Fire Emblem outsider (like me) that it would just be weird and a waste to have them both in Brawl. I'm completely with Wiseguy on this one: Ike is replacing Marth AND Roy and a female representative from Fire Emblem will be added aaaaand.... the Black Knight!

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, Smile, Marth wasn't put in the game for "Fire Emblem outsiders" like yourself. Marth was in the game for the fans, you know, the ones that would actually care if he came back or not. I wouldn't vouch for booting a solid character and adding others if you have very little knowledge about the series in general.

Not to sound hostile or anything. It just seems like your saying this to blatantly aggravate some of the Marth fans around here, and I won't have any of my boys harmed. :D

Wasserman

Smash Rookie
Confirmed, but not confirmed as a playable character. We'll just have to wait and see, though I think the source is reliable. Why would the biggest gaming magazine in the world lie to us=??? It's a legit article, but it never said Shiek was PLAYABLE!

However, G'dorf isn't debateble, he's in. However, IMO Shiek is now more than likely in! YIPEE! :)

Man you really need to stop saying things like "This guy is BASICALLY CONFIRMED" or "He is in, it is NOT DEBATABLE!" because none of that is true. Unless something appears on the blog and says the character is confirmed, and is not a trophy, then they are NOT confirmed. It is really that simple.

You can say "This character is probably going to be in", but not a lot more then that.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
There's always the off-chance that Marth is still a "secret" character. I guess unlockable would be a better term but there you have it.

Also, and an interesting possible wrench to throw in the proceedings, what may be happening is that Ike was chosen as a starter for FE due to his international fanbase and double recent game status (plus he's kind of an advertisement for GoD in the US). However, assuming they decide to do 3 Fire Emblem characters, which is entirely possible considering its 10 game (soon to be 4 international) roster, what's to say Marth won't be included as the Japanese favourite? I would imagine that they'd pick one of the old-school FE people and a GBA FE character honestly; after all, what better way to add one of the disliked in Japan FE characters than placate them with their favourite FE character overall? Marth is almost a shoe-in for old-school, though apparently Sigurd has a chance as well. However...
That's certainly a possibility. However: I would argue against the notion that Ike represents non-Japanese Fire Emblem only, and therefore a Japanese favorite is needed. Ike is popular in Japan as well, as is made evident by his string showing at the poll - so he represents ALL Fire Emblem fans.

Yeah, that's definitely true. I wonder if that makes Sigurd a more likely candidate...
It may at that. From what I hear, Sigurd was supposed to be included in Melee instead of Roy. He was also nominated on Sakurai's poll, for what that's worth.

Black Knight style teleport powder perhaps?
Hmmm... maybe. Something similar, no doubt.

That OR he's just messing with us again. He sure likes to do that.
He sure does...

Dang, I was hoping for Marth as an AT for today's update. I probably would have laughed a bit too hard. Still, better than being kept in the dark?
I somehow doubt that we would see Marth as an AT, but it would be hilarious no doubt.

Compared to Ike, Marth looks even more completely gay with a Tiara whereas Ike has that BAD@$$ Headband on. Plus I am guranteed that Ike's stance and taunt will be way better than Marths. Ike is just more Bad@$$. Nothing to Marth, I used to main him for like a day or two but you guy's know it.

PS- Ikes hair style reminds me of Roy.
Ike owns. There is no disputing this fact.

Here's a list of who has been introduced and when:

May
Week One: Link, Mario, Pit

June
Week Two: None
Week Three: Pikachu, Kirby
Week Four: Fox, Samus
Week Five: Wario
Week Six: Zelda

July
Week Seven: Bowser
Week Eight: Donkey Kong
Week Nine: Zero Suit Samus
Week Ten: Yoshi

August
Week Eleven: Ike
Week Twelve: ?
Week Thirteen: ?
Week Fourteen: ?
Week Fifteen: ?

So far there has been no discernable pattern regarding the newcomers (thanks a lot for messing it up, Ike!), aside from one of the '06 Trailer Five being announced each month, currently on the interval of one every four weeks. Maybe we'll get MK in two weeks' time...
... most likely Peach next week.

As for a pattern, the only one I see is that the starting characters are possibly being revealed first.

:

W00W Tolkien Did know Ganon's Final Smash!
:laugh:

It's weird, but ever since the Ike update, I've had a reestablished sense of giddy-ness about me. Seriously, if Brawl sees much more fantastic content, I'm not going to know what to do with myself come December 3rd.

I mean, how many characters can a single person possibly main? I'm going on three already, and we very-well may only know less than half the roster at this point. Ratio-wise, the unlockable characters to starters in Melee was roughly 1.1:1. If this stays somewhat consistent in Brawl (and even moreso if Sakurai ups the amount of starters on the roster), we'll be looking at somewhere between 12-20 hidden characters.

Okay, let's look at the (supposed) starters announced so far:

-Mario
-Link
-Bowser
-Pit
-Samus
-Kirby
-Pikachu
-Yoshi
-DK
-Fox
-Ike
-Wario
-Zelda

That's larger than the starter list was for Melee, already. Now, who else is most likely going to be a starter?

-Peach
-Captain Falcon
-Ness or Lucas

That brings the starter list up to at least fifteen. So, going by the ratio from Melee, we can expect a roster of at least 31-32 characters at this point; however, I'm a firm believer of the fact that Sakurai (now that he has the time) is going to up this ratio a bit in order to give the roster more diversity. This leads us to a roster that will actually be pretty close to Wiseguy's projected forty character list, unless Sakurai keeps giving bio after bio and boons this theory.
That's a very well reasoned argument. For my money we'll see Peach (duh!) and Falcon as starters as well and one other new series rep (Olimar, anyone?). I suspect that the Earthbound rep will most likely be unlockable this time.

And I too have been really excited since this update. Every time Sakurai reveals the tiniest piece of info, I think to myself "Microsoft and Sony could merge, release the PS360 with holo-deck style virtual reality - and Nintendo would still OWN!" Super Smash Bros Brawl is going to redefine awesome!

The more, the merrier!

I feel the same way about Ike. Something about him sent a spark through me, that made me REALLY excited for this game...

And... seeing that sword... makes... me want... to have... :gulp:... Ganondorf... haveaswordTHEREISAIDIT!!!

:runs away:
I never thought I'd see the day....

Welcome to the winning side Odin!

Man this topic moves fast. Last time I posted here this topic was like a little less then 2/3 the size it is now.

I don't see how Ike de-confirmed Marth. As for the "why wasn't Marth shown first?" argument, well there could be a number of answers to that. Who says Sakurai had to show what we believe to be the most important character to a series first? I strongly believe we, as a community, act like we know far more then what we really do. In case it hasn't been noticed for awhile now, Sakurai likes to mind game us. Just when we think we have it all figured out, he goes and pulls a fast one. How many people thought the castle was related to FE: PoR before today's update? We may figure out some stuff, but that doesn't mean we have everything figured out.

The way I see it at this point, there seems to be a lack of solid proof for Marth's status of returning or not.
I agree, it's still undetermined as to whether Marth will return. But the fact that all the other main series had their main character revealed first (Mario for the Mario franchise, Link for the Zelda fanchise, etc.) should raise some eyebrows.

I still don't think Marth will return. He was in one FE game 17 years ago and he was only in SSBM to boost sales of the newer FEs.
I agree. Marth served his purpose, now hopefully we'll see some new FE character get a chance to shine.

The thing is is that a lot of people like him now, and they would be very disappointed if he didn't return.
At first, yes they would. But frankly, they'll get over. I imagine there will be aspects of the final roster that mnay of us will disagree with, but after Brawl is released we'll be too happy to nitpick.

Yes, people have been correct about that castle being a FE stage, I thought the same thing was well. On the other hand, not quite correct about it being from FE: PoR.

Actually, Marth was in two FE games, the first and the third one. As for boosting sales of future FE games (actually, just one, the sixth one), I guess you got Roy mistaken for that.

Also, why is date much of an argument? Before retro characters get brought up, how do we know Sakurai won't think the same for non-retro characters?
Well, when it comes to longrunning franchises like Zelda - the more recent games tend to be the ones represented. This is why we saw Sheik instead of Aginham.

I want new FE character for brawl
Your wish has been granted:

Do not be ashamed! Ganon had a zwiehander in Melee's victory pose screen, and had a sword in Twilight Princess, so it would only make sense! I fully support a bladed Ganon!
The only reason I might want a swordless Ganon is that it might help Black Knight's chances. Still, I think Ganondorf's would be different enough that they can both be included - given Ganny's repitoir of magical attacks.

The predictions in this thread (excluding Wiseguy's predictions themselves) have become increasingly more sensible since Ike's announcement. Was there something really important there that I missed.

To Wiseguy: I wasn't insulting your list, I just said some of the other predictions were a little out there at first. I still want Falco back, though. It would take a Chinese water torture to purge me of that.
No worries. Odin will take care of that for you:

:drip:

:drip:

:p
Possibly. But then, conventional logic also dictates that Sakurai would've revealed other non-newcomer starters before Ike (where's the earthbound or F-Zero rep?) So it's possible that Sakurai isn't following conventional wisdom, either just because he's unconventional or because he likes to keep the fans on their toes.

Of course, it's also possible that Marth isn't the Fire Emblem starter. He might be unlockable, just like in Melee. Perhaps Ike is the FE starter, since as a recent and world-wide lord he'd have better recognition?

So that's two options right there. Either Ike is the starter this time around, or Sakurai is crazy. Or quite possibly both.
I personally think it makes sense to reveal a Fire Emblem starter before a Earthbound or F-Zero rep. The Fire emblem series has grown in popularity since Melee, while F-Zero is still niche as ever and there has yet to be another international Mother game.

Is Marth unlockable? Maybe.

Is Sakurai insane? Most definitely. (And thank goodness!)

Now, I'm no game designer, but I know enough of them to know that, between asset creation and asset balancing, it's far, FAR, almost incomparably far easier to balance something that already exists than to create something new, or even something only slightly different. So I KNOW they wouldn't replace Marth's moveset for balancing reasons alone. I mean, if Sakurai is cutting characters to save time for new movsets, why on earth would he waste time re-creating what he already has?
It may have been easier just to include Marth's, but since Ike HAD to be included - they may have designed a new moveset for him and thought: why bother spending even more time including a very similar, old moveset?

Or they may have drastically tweaked Marth's moveset (like they did with Luigi's for Melee) and assigned to to Ike instead.

It's not what they LOOK like, it's how they move. From what little I can see of him, Ike seems to move all wrong to be like Marth. He carries himself wrong.
I think we should wait until we have something other than still screenshots before determining how Ike moves... ;)

Oh pleasepleaseplease let there be a dragon.
Yeah, a dragon would be perfect.

I don't think "they look alike" is a very valid argument.

I mean, look at Mario and Luigi!
I see your point, but the thing is that Ike didin't HAVE to look so much like Marth. His Goddess of Dawn form is much older looking, and looks much more disimilar. Heck, TP Zelda's blond highlights were removed to make her look less like Peach (I assume).

It's pretty unusual for two none-clones to look as similar as Ike and Marth. Tha's all I'm saying.

Look at Kirby and Jigglypuff.
That's not the best comparison, since they aren't from the same franchise. If you had two Pink, round Pokemon in Melee (say, Chansey and Jiggs) then people would assume that Pink puff balls are a larger part of the franchise than they actually are just like how everyone would flasely assume that Fire Emblem is all about blue haired swordfighters if only Marth and Ike represented the series.

...Okay, I hate to be the bringer of bad news, Wisey, but I feel I should take this into your attention, as the president f the Sheik Haters club.

Recently, it was brought to my attention that, in this interview, Aonuma says this:

...so, while it doesn't confirm him/her/it/potatom, it looks like Sheik's chances kinda skyrocketed, if the SSB team were already given a working design and model. Sorry to be the herald of bad news, man.
Urgh.... I saw this in the General Brawl Discussion last night. I almost vomited.

Then I read this, and is cheered me up slightly:

Slow down, kids. Let's assume this is true, as it is from a reputable source, but recall that Aonuma talked about submitting those character designs. I'm sure someone had to submit a design for the Balloon Fighter for Melee; that doesn't mean it made the final cut. Sakurai undoubtedly began with a large pool of designs, probably more than one per character, and narrowed and refined the list from there, as Aonuma mentioned. Taking into account translation, this tells us little about character inclusion, but much about NCL's involvement with Sora.
It's also possible that in the course of the interview, "Sheik" was confused for "Zelda".

Still, I'm very worried that this bodes poorly for Anti-Sheikers. If Sheik is in Brawl...

No. That thought is far too repulsive to even contimplate. Sheik will NOT be in Brawl as a playable character. I won't conceed defeat until Sakurai confirms Sheik in an update.

Peach!

(lengthens post)
Peach in Smash Bros? Who woulda thunk it?

I say around 45, maybe 1 or 2 more/less. Never would have guessed you'd say so low Wiseguy! :( With the whole HAL Laboratory, Eiji Aonuma and his team [plus Cero] are working on it, all of Nintendo is backing it up, Hideo Kojima and a few members of his team, Shigeru Miyamoto and a few members of his team, Monster [or was it Monsters=???], Ape [the peeps who help make the 1st 2, plus the EarthBound series], Game Freak, etc.
Yeah, but after seeing the Assist Trophy, my thought was that the team is going for a smaller roster of playable characters with a TON of runnersup in the form of ATs. One advantage to this is that the roster could potentially be as balanced as Smash 64.

Still, I'm obviously hoping for as many playable charaters as possible.

As of now: 1.Peach. 2.Meta Knight [still hope]. 3.G'dorf. 4.Diddy Kong. 5.Shiek or Capt. Falcon [with all three of his knees]. 6.Ness.
Sheik... *shudders at the thought*

"BANG HEADSHOT!" and mindgames, son moment! :laugh: Now would Marth make that big of a spark, NO! Ike, it made a nuclear eplosion in Korea. It's pleased fnabases, and will be getting HUGE publicity.
Maaayyybbbbeee.

As was Fox's, and he's returning. Same with Kirby, and he was modded [and made useless]. As was Pikachu, and he returned[and was much weaker]. Tiers in SSB64 and SSB Melee don't matter in Brawl, it's a whole diffrent ballgame. Heck, Mewtwo will probably return, and he's at the tip bottom of the tiers. Just expect changes, and really Marth wasn't that bad. He was just too quick, and really only REAL good on a pro skill level.

And it looks totally diffrent...kinda reminds me of Link with the Biggorn Sword. No way do I see Marth's moveset being reflected very much in Ike in Brawl, they are nothing alike, other then looks. Marth is fast and quick, Ike is well fast and strong, but not as fast in attacking.
Fox was obviously unbalanced as well, but his worthiness can't be questioned. He's still the main character of HIS franchise.

Jiggs and Kirby.

Marth and Ike are clearly nowhere as near as close in relations as Jiggs and Kirby. For one, they both suck things [lol! XD]. 2. They're entirely Pink. 3. They both are small. 4. They are both about the same height and weight in SSB64 and Melee. 5. They both are totally unrealistic, and hey are both probably cel-shaded [Kirby for sure].

If they use Marth's newer look, he would look a lot more unlike Ike. Marth=Light blue hair+light blue suit+ light blue eyese+ blue and red cape. Ike=dark blue hair+dark blue suit+brown cape [sorta reminds me of Bass]+dark blue eyes. not the biggest diffrence, but they are easily diffrence. The look point is now deemed irrelevant. :grin:

BTW, how does Roy look like a girl=??? He sorta looks like my friend, lol! [minus the headband, those headbands make them all look like cross-dressers] If it weren't for those headbands, Marth would look a lot less like a female [in which you can tell by his agressive sword style he's a dude], and if Roy didn't have that headband [which is somewat okay, though he should lose it, like Fox lost his retarted headgear], they'd look somewat normal. Minus the stupid looking blue hair, hate blue hair. :laugh:
Kirby literally sucks. Jiggs just.... sucks.

Anyway, Ike and Marth are far more similar. Jiggs had ears and a dopey expression to set her apart from Kirby. Ike looks to be just a cooler version of Marth - with a tweaked colour scheme.

I'll grant you that Roy is far less girly than Marth. But that purple cape doesn't help...

While he has strength unlike either of them, he's using a double-handed sword! If you were to compare the three, Ike would be the slowest if they were all in Brawl. His moveset is too original to be based off them, and fanbases would be pretty upset if he was a "semi-clone". If anything, if G'dorf gets a sword like Ike, he'd be more a clone off him, and Ike's moveset seems more like wat Link's would be if he never had a sheild. BTW, how is BK more important and Brawl spot worthy than Marth=??? No one deserves the 2nd spot FE more than Marth, no one.
Until we see a video of Ike in action, I think it's premature to judge how similar or disimilar he controls.

Black Knight deserves a spot for the same reason as Ganondorf: he's the main villian in his frnachise. That, and he's awesom.

Patience, SR. Until Sheik is officially confirmed on the Dojo site or an official announcement, out bet is still on.

Well you have to say, it definately increases her Shiek's chances of returning.
And if they didn't cut an unimportant character like her, then what does that say about Marth

Also, I've got a new opinion on the castle stage.

I think that the castle stage confirmed two very important things for Marth's cause that keeps his chances alive.

1. Since it's confirmed that it is not "Ike's Stage" then there is a very high chance that Ike will not be the only FE representative.
2. Since the stage is not from any particular FE (rather than being confirmed as the Daein or even Begnion castle, that means that we will likely get reps from different games in the series. That could mean getting a rep from the upcomming FE10 (which would allow the Black Knight to still get in) or a rep from all the way back to FE1 (which would allow Marth, Sigurd, Lyndis, Hector, Marth) to get in.

Note that this raises the chances for every FE Lord, but Marth's chances where already higher than all the others to start with. How many FE lords can really compete with Marth. Granted that The Black Knight's chances are also increased if Sakurai decides that FE9 and FE10 should count as different worlds
I agree about the FE stage. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Ike won't be the only FE character.

Wow, I could actually get this update from work today, and I am very (VERY) impressed. My only question is this:

Sakurai states that the story moves along using small movie cutscenes, but in the cutscene he shows, there are four playable characters present (not to mention the screenshot of Link with Yoshi). This leads me to wonder if the story mode is going to be multiplayer co-op?

Edit: I understand that these are just cutscenes, and the screenshots don't show any playable content with multiple characters present. Still, it makes me very curious.
I can't say I'm all that excited about the story mode, but if it has co-op that would be totally sick! Maybe online co-op? Probably not, but I can dream...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So, Wasserman, you're going to sit there and tell us that Ganondorf isn't going to be in the game?

Look at Peach. She's on the site, but there isn't anything there that says "Peach is confirmed!!"

Yeah, she's basically in.
Thanky you. I'll bet G'dorf is playable, hell, I'll bet my copy of SSBM he's playable. Now for his moves...

And Shiek, I'm leaning more towards in then out as of now.

At first, yes they would. But frankly, they'll get over. I imagine there will be aspects of the final roster that mnay of us will disagree with, but after Brawl is released we'll be too happy to nitpick.
Screwing over basically a third of your buyers is bad bussiness. And that is just Japan pro-Marth people, add in everyone else, and I'd say it's at least a 4 to 1, 4 being wants him to return, 1 who don't/undecieded.

I think we should wait until we have something other than still screenshots before determining how Ike moves... ;)
Judgin from his FE appearance, he'll be a heavy swinger, with a few quick attacks I suppose. Maybe a few speed attacks, but I generally see him attacking heavier. I mean, since when did someone with a two-handed sword attack fast=???

Urgh.... I saw this in the General Brawl Discussion last night. I almost vomited.
The mudkip spam that the one scrub [I said it] posted=??? I'm not going into details...o Shiek. That isn't that half of the crap that went on. I also now hate a movie I've never saw before in my life [fight club].

It's also possible that in the course of the interview, "Sheik" was confused for "Zelda".

Still, I'm very worried that this bodes poorly for Anti-Sheikers. If Sheik is in Brawl...

No. That thought is far too repulsive to even contimplate. Sheik will NOT be in Brawl as a playable character. I won't conceed defeat until Sakurai confirms Sheik in an update.
C'mon, it's not THAT bad. Tiers can be changed, and Samus gives us hope in a good way, and Kirby brings tears to our eyes. Let us pray it's a mid tier change, not some useless character change. And no way Shiek was mistaken for Zelda, he should know the diffrence.

Yeah, but after seeing the Assist Trophy, my thought was that the team is going for a smaller roster of playable characters with a TON of runnersup in the form of ATs. One advantage to this is that the roster could potentially be as balanced as Smash 64.

Still, I'm obviously hoping for as many playable charaters as possible.
Meah, we'll rarely use them, so wat's the use. All you do is design them, and make one [or two for Knuckle Joe] moves. DONE! If they care about us real smashers, Pokeball Pokemon and AT's will be done by a speciail division, while the best work on the real characters, vs. the unplayable, overpowered, and rarely used amongst average smashers AT's.

Sheik... *shudders at the thought*
Imagine Shiek mid tier...happy=???

Maaayyybbbbeee.
If you were to ask 100 pro-Marth and Ike [extremists even] who they would want to see first, Ike would take the majority. Seeing a fresh face is so much better than seeing a returning veteran, though seeing a returning veteran is still neat. Wiseguy, think of your favorite unconfirmed veteran, and think of the character you desire most for Brawl. Who do you want to see first=??? See, I want to see WW Link, Diddy Kong, or Megaman far before Falco, and I bet same goes for you and [insert here], and [insert here....I'm guessing Olimar].

Fox was obviously unbalanced as well, but his worthiness can't be questioned. He's still the main character of HIS franchise.
Marth is the most important character, along with Ike. If one doesn't make it, expect angry fanbases. Honestly, there were quite a bit of fanbase issues when Diddy Kong wasn't in Melee, I can just imagine it getting hieghtened in Brawl. A LOT.

Kirby literally sucks. Jiggs just.... sucks.
Not in smash, Jiggs has a pretty intresting, neat, not overpowered, and original moveset.

Anyway, Ike and Marth are far more similar. Jiggs had ears and a dopey expression to set her apart from Kirby. Ike looks to be just a cooler version of Marth - with a tweaked colour scheme.

I'll grant you that Roy is far less girly than Marth. But that purple cape doesn't help...
It isn't that big of deal they look alike, that is what I am trying to say.

Actually, the cape is originally blue [and red on the inside], funny fact. I actually don't like Ike's cape in Brawl, it kinda looks bland in my eyes. They definitely need to grpahically update that, it looks sorta stale in one of those shots. Hopefully it's not recent gameplay. :)

Until we see a video of Ike in action, I think it's premature to judge how similar or disimilar he controls.
His shots thusfar are original, by a good margin. I'd say his air attack looks like Link's sAair. Just looking at the early concept controls, we don't know until we know, but if it keeps going this way, we'll have a purely original character. Which is good, even if Roy and Marth are cut, I want him to be a full on original character, like all other originals. Clones, however....

Black Knight deserves a spot for the same reason as Ganondorf: he's the main villian in his frnachise. That, and he's awesom.
But over Marth=??? Marth is the original hero, a icon, and the most important character in the series. Besides, his roll is bigger than Black Knight's, bt a very good margin. And Marth's pretty awsome too [minus the tiara....that should go, like Fox's weak head gear]. Marth's post-Melee look looks a lot better, hopefully the designers aim for changes in the character model. And of course tier balance, without the Kirby-ized hig tier characters.

Patience, SR. Until Sheik is officially confirmed on the Dojo site or an official announcement, out bet is still on.
LOL! Looks like Samusrules only gets one sig...MINE! WW Link FTW! :) Don't make me post my reasoning, plus Eiji Aonuma loves Wind Waker Link, more than any other Link! :) Why else would he make him in a sequal=??? Other then that totally sequalable ending, and more money on the money system=the DS! :laugh:

I agree about the FE stage. I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Ike won't be the only FE character.
It's a universal stage, so I'm guessing we'll get a character outside of FE PoR and GoD. Marth or Roy, anyone=???

I can't say I'm all that excited about the story mode, but if it has co-op that would be totally sick! Maybe online co-op? Probably not, but I can dream...
Online co-op, hey Wiseguy, I'd totally do that! Partners=??? [WW Link+Olimar=spamming pwnage! :)] Anyways, the real story looks cool, it has a actual story. ZSS looks like she's about to face Ridley, Pit is talking to the person who he's a bodyguard of/for [to protect her from Medusa], Link and Yoshi teaming, and get attacked in wat I believe is a area near the Bridge of Eldin [the part of Hyrule Field around it]], etc.

Hopefully it has a harder level of difficulty, I want CPUs that could actually stand a chance versus me. That would be neat, especially if they used advance techs and stuff! :) Looks like we're getting the story mode I dreamed of, like the SM Sunshine stage I dreamed of. *Goes to dreaming of MM, WW Link, and Diddy Kong in Brawl* Must, try, HARDER! :laugh:

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Why'd I even come here? 10 foot long posts ftl...I guess you gotta be in it all together or block out an afternoon to read it all...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

GameInformer said:
GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.

It's from Game Informer. It's trusted. I'd say that's good enough reason for me. Kinda excited to see what Sheik is gonna look like. Same for Ganondorf, though I'm sure it's gonna be TP Ganondorf. But if it's something more badass, awesome.

Anyway, today's update confirmed a couple of things...

1) Zelda's Up+B is back. Woot (for Zelda players, like my friend, Elana/Gameangel64).

2)

Unless this is a screenshot of the opening movie, I have reason to believe Adventure mode will be story based around each character, much like Soul Calibur. Can anyone confirm who the green lady is? I'm assuming it's from Kid Icarus. :shrug:

3)

Peach is back. Don't give me that "We don't know for sure" crap. She's back. >>

And Mario is gonna perform the "ripping your heart out" from your chest manuever like in Indiana Jones:Temple of Doom.

4)

It would appear that these block-head guys are mimics. Note how he charges when Samus is charging. Not saying he'll mimic EVERY move, but they're sharing the same moves. Or, maybe they'll work like Kirby, copying B-moves.

5) Us Mindgame-ers, who have been mindgaming in Melee for a while now... are getting Mindgame'd left and right. :urg:

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't change the fact that Sakurai probably wants to reveal everything in his own way...
Isn't the very fact that someone other then Sakurai gave Brawl info disproves that right there? If Sakurai wanted to spill all the beans, wouldn't he have told others working on the game not to say anything?

...and even if Gannondorf and Shiek were characters in melee that were likely to return, they are still unconfirmed so any outside information regarding their status in brawl is probably unwanted by Sakurai.
Like I said, I do agree that neither Ganondorf nor Sheik are confirmed, unlike the conclusions some people jump to. Still, the fact that someone who is working to some degree with Sakurai and giving out minor information (considering characters, not actually confirming them) does lead me to believe that Sakurai not being the only one saying anything about Brawl.

If he was going to be careful regarding brawl, he would've simply said 'I'm not at liberty to say anything on the matter' or something along those lines.
Exactly. The very fact he didn't say something along those lines could mean Sakurai didn't wanted him to stay mute about the matter.

Actually, the article doesn't confirm either of them to be in, only submitting designs. It never said Ganondorf was playable either. Why isn't Ganondorf debatable, but Sheik is? To me, this just sounds like plain bias.

Regarding Ike, can't we say for sure he won't be a total clone? Should we can argue what moves he may share in common with Marth from Melee, if any at all, but the update when Ike was first shown clearly said he had an unique move to him. I believe that rules out the "total clone" theory anyone may have came up with.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually, the article doesn't confirm either of them to be in, only submitting designs. It never said Ganondorf was playable either. Why isn't Ganondorf debatable, but Sheik is? To me, this just sounds like plain bias.

Regarding Ike, can't we say for sure he won't be a total clone? Should we can argue what moves he may share in common with Marth from Melee, if any at all, but the update when Ike was first shown clearly said he had an unique move to him. I believe that rules out the "total clone" theory anyone may have came up with.
Biased=??? It's going to happen, it just matters when. Honestly, ther aren't 20 more important characters to Nintendo, so why should he leave=??? It's not biased, it's written in the Bible that Ganondorf, Luigi, and Capt. Falcon are going to return. It's almost not even debateable, unless you want to bet against me. ;)

@ O D I N
That is the lady Pit is a bodyguard for. Don't know her name, but someone knew all about her/that game, and posted about it on the Official Brawl Info thread. ;)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

ZOMGZOMGZOMG.

PEACHY!

*valley girl wink*

...Er, um, huzzah for Peach.

*manly grunt of assent*

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
Dude, Mario looks like he knows 36 flavours of martial arts in that pic. Zelda looks pretty serious business, as does Peach. And Kirby just doesn't appear to have a clue about what's going on.

Of course, that could be because Metaknight is ****** the arena with creatures.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Wheres Gooey in the Predictions? He has a better chance then Dedede... You can actually play as him in Kirby's dream land 3. And his debut is in kirbys dream land 2 which is really old. A year younger than Dedede. Kirby could be better than kirby@!@!@! God he needs to be in the prediction... He's a trophy is melee...

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Biased=??? It's going to happen, it just matters when. Honestly, ther aren't 20 more important characters to Nintendo, so why should he leave=??? It's not biased, it's written in the Bible that Ganondorf, Luigi, and Capt. Falcon are going to return. It's almost not even debateable, unless you want to bet against me. ;)
Just because we say it's gonna happen doesn't mean it will, no matter how sure we believe it will. I said bias because you act like Ganondorf is a shoe in while Sheik isn't. Heck, I too believe Ganondorf will show up sooner or later, but just because I'm so sure of it doesn't mean it will happen. I never said he would leave or rather, not return. However, there is not really anything for me to debate about why Ganondorf won't return, so I guess we won't be making any bets huh?

On the other hand, it seems to be a debate about the designs for Ganondorf and Sheik being accepted. Based on looking through the article again (here)...

GI: Have you been consulted at all for the usage of Link or Sheik or Ganondorf for Smash Bros. Brawl?

Aonuma: I’ve been working with Sakurai for a very long time with this new Smash Bros., because the Wii came out and when discussion for a new Smash Bros. took place nobody could think of anyone other than Sakurai working on it. He was kind of the default, and I was very happy to hear that he would be working on it. Actually, my designers did work on the designs for Sheik and Link and Ganondorf. So they submitted the initial designs, and so it would fit in the Smash Bros. Brawl environment, they’ve had to tweak some of the designs. But Sakurai has brought those altered designs to NCL. We’re working very closely with the team of Smash Bros. Brawl to make sure the characters look their best.
Doesn't sound like the designs were rejected to me, not after the time they spent twisting their designs to fit in Brawl. The original designs doesn't sound like they got in, but it sounds like altered designs are in.

However, I can't stress enough this doesn't confirm neither Ganondorf nor Sheik. It also doesn't say how they will get in the game besides altered designs.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Isn't the very fact that someone other then Sakurai gave Brawl info disproves that right there? If Sakurai wanted to spill all the beans, wouldn't he have told others working on the game not to say anything?

Like I said, I do agree that neither Ganondorf nor Sheik are confirmed, unlike the conclusions some people jump to. Still, the fact that someone who is working to some degree with Sakurai and giving out minor information (considering characters, not actually confirming them) does lead me to believe that Sakurai not being the only one saying anything about Brawl.

Exactly. The very fact he didn't say something along those lines could mean Sakurai didn't wanted him to stay mute about the matter.
You're probably right. It just seems a little off that someone not that connected to the development of brawl should really be saying something like this regarding returning characters. Still, as a matter of principle, I'm still regarding both unconfirmed as of yet, as it needs Sakurai's official word of approval first. The only characters that have been regarded this week as far as I'm concerned are Ike and Peach.
L
As for the mystery Green haired lady, that would be Palutena, the Goddess of Light from Kid Icarus, which is why she's talking o Pit, probably informing him of the events.

Ben the ultimate

Smash Apprentice
Sheik has been Confirmed to be in the but it' s really a rumor so you might be wrong about Sheik being dropped same with Ganondorf.

Peach has also been Confirmed to be in the game go to Smash Bros. Dojo if you did not see it.

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Is there a full moon tonight? For some reason, I'm having the hardest time finding intelligent conversation on this board today . . .

With exception to most of the people in this thread, of course. ^_^
Ike happened...

Maybe now he can use his skills he learned from his game to clean up this mess.

While milking (from the Lon Lon Ranch) the Sheik subject for all it's worth, is it just me or does that article imply they spent a bit of time designing the Zelda characters for Brawl? Why go through that trouble for characters they don't plan on putting in the game at all? Doesn't that at the very least suggest both Ganondorf and Sheik are the game? Note I said in the game, not anything else regarding their status. I rather not take something out of context and think it means more then what it really does. Which is also the same reason Peach hasn't been 100% confirmed, but everything seems to favor her being playable more so then not.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Sorry, Odin, that post wasn't directed at you. I was referring to the hundreds of other posts in other topics that imply that the poster who wrote them wasn't using both halves of their brain at the time.

RB, I find it even more unbelievable that they spent so much time designing characters for Brawl that they had inevitably ripped from their respective games anyways.

Hmmm, we need a design for Link, guys.

*Ponders for three days*

Hey, I've got an idea . . . yeah! Let's use the design he had in the game that was just released!

That doesn't sound like an awful lot of work to me. If Ganondorf shows up in all of his Twilight Princess glory, I can only assume that they did anything BUT invest a lot of time in their design for Brawl. After all, the design was already done. They just had to copy it over.

I also mentioned this in another thread, but isn't the absense of Zelda's down-B a bit coincedental? Obviously, Sakurai would want to reveal Sheik before showing Zelda's full moveset (granted that Sheik's in).

RBinator

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, Odin, that post wasn't directed at you. I was referring to the hundreds of other posts in other topics that imply that the poster who wrote them wasn't using both halves of their brain at the time.

RB, I find it even more unbelievable that they spent so much time designing characters for Brawl that they had inevitably ripped from their respective games anyways.

Hmmm, we need a design for Link, guys.

*Ponders for three days*

Hey, I've got an idea . . . yeah! Let's use the design he had in the game that was just released!

That doesn't sound like an awful lot of work to me. If Ganondorf shows up in all of his Twilight Princess glory, I can only assume that they did anything BUT invest a lot of time in their design for Brawl. After all, the design was already done. They just had to copy it over.

I also mentioned this in another thread, but isn't the absense of Zelda's down-B a bit coincedental? Obviously, Sakurai would want to reveal Sheik before showing Zelda's full moveset (granted that Sheik's in).
Actually, I think that's strange too since so far, both Link and Zelda look almost just alike their TP counterparts. I could understand that for Sheik who wasn't in TP, but not the other three. However, that article made it sound different otherwise. Zelda's B move is also missing, but I don't see the logic in the developers randomly changing that while keeping the other two OoT spells intact. Down + B is still left in the air. Heck, both the B moves we saw Zelda use so far was in teasers, not counting that screenshot where it wasn't perfectly clear Din's Fire was being used.

Let's not forget Sakurai's amazing mind games, who could have passed them down to those who are working on Brawl. It's like they want these theories to keep going and expanding with clear proof of some things and hints of others. :urg:

Top Bottom