• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think K. Rool should been higher, been holding onto this for awhile but, here you go.

K. Rool is the main antagonist in DK games. Very exciting right? Well, the way I see it, DK is very underrepresented, and we are in need of villains at the same time. From DKC to DK64, K. Rool has appeared in MANY different forms, giving him ALOT of chances to have a very unique moveset. The forms include: Baron K. Roolenstein, Kaptain K. Rool, King Krusha K. Rool, and of course, King K. Rool. His most popular costume being the Kaptain K. Rool, if he had his musket, he'd be the only heavyweight with an aimable projectile. He has many opportunies throughout his forms, such as the helicopter on Baron K. Roolenstein for recovery, the boxing gloves for smash attacks, the signature crown toss; he'd undeniably be a fun character to play if all his personas where included.

Crazy to think he'll be added? I don't believe so. Kirby, DK, and Mother have all been neglected characters and attention for both the prequel of Smash Bros. and the sequel. Kirby has gotten two characters, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, while Mother seems to be getting a ton of attention also. DK is a leading franchise on the Nintendo, so it wouldn't be too unfair to ask for one more character, mind you a villain which we need more of. We also don't exactly have a ton of heavy-weights. Sakurai seems to be paying attention to games he left out, (SNES games predominatly) which is where he gets King Dedede, and Meta Knight from (On a side note, Geno's been discussed also, yet another game on the SNES). DKC was a very popular game on the SNES, and K. Rool was the villain in every one of them. K. Rool has alot to bring to the table, and a theory has been sparking up on the K. Rool boards lately. Bowser attacks Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, but the question is, why would he want their bananas? Maybe he realizes he cannot beat Mario, and he and K. Rool switched enemies just this time around. When you think about it, this isn't too impossible.

To sum it all up, with a unique moveset, villain, a humorous character indeed, he could be a very nice addition to the roster. I leave it in your hands to take what I've just said into consideration, and maybe get him higher up on the list of likelihood. You never know, most of the facts (some speculation I understand) stated have proved he's the most likely candidate, if DK were to get a new rep. Very pleased with your list so far btw, yes my only complaint is K. Rool.
I love you.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Okay, you're really starting to sound like an idiot.

You claim that Geno being in one game is a reason to keep him out, and than you turn around and say that Midna will make it in over him... Oh wait... Midna's only been in one game as well! :o

Besides, I think you're forgetting a certain character that made it into Melee that was only in one game: Sheik. Yes, OOT was and is still a VERY popular game, but SMRPG is pretty popular as well. Quit denying it.
Talk to me about it when SMRPG gets a "Game of the Century" award, then I'll concede that it's equivalent to Sheik, and besides, Midna has something Geno can never have: Relevance. Brawl is going in an Twilight Princess direction, and Nintendo has shown no interest in Squares affairs whatsoever concerning Brawl, let alone Geno. Midna is also in an incredible popular, and recent game that was made by Nintendo, all things that hinder Geno, so look at all the facts before jumping to conclusions, okay Bassy?

'Nuff said.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this has been said but it seems king dedede standard special move is Inhale, based on todays update (Kirby: Special Moves) as many people pointed out, kirby is inhaleing with dedede's hat, which means that Wiseguy might of been a tiny bit right with the dedede being kirby clone thing. and we might see snake dedede. not likely but. we still might.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
First off, it's impossible to discount popularity when discussing Geno. Video game history is littered with one-shot dead characters like him; Geno's popularity is the only thing keeping him afloat.

That said, there is something in his popularity. Geno has managed quite a following, and that's an amazing feat among so many people so many years after his single appearance, especially considering that appearance was in the shadow of such stars as Mario, Peach, and Bowser. That fact can't be denied.

Still, as even the Geno fans will admit, Square no longer cares about Geno. Now, thus far all third party characters have been greeted with an amazing amount of fanfare. And for good reason, Brawl is a guaranteed triple-A title that will provide what is essentialy the highest-quality free advertising for years to come. It seems odd to me that Square would be willing to give all that attention to a character who's currently, you know, dead.
It seems more likely that Square would opt for a higher-profile character to fight in their name.
Although I could see Geno getting in as a second Square character (billed as a Mario character, possibly), I can't see why Square would lend him to Brawl as their only character.

Also, I don't know if anyone picked this up, but...

Kirby has Dedede's hat here. Meaning that this isn't Kirby's copy ability, this is Dedede's neutral special move! Looks like Dedede will indeed get his long-suspected inhale ability. Awesome.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
First off, it's impossible to discount popularity when discussing Geno. Video game history is littered with one-shot dead characters like him; Geno's popularity is the only thing keeping him afloat.

That said, there is something in his popularity. Geno has managed quite a following, and that's an amazing feat among so many people so many years after his single appearance, especially considering that appearance was in the shadow of such stars as Mario, Peach, and Bowser. That fact can't be denied.

Still, as even the Geno fans will admit, Square no longer cares about Geno. Now, thus far all third party characters have been greeted with an amazing amount of fanfare. And for good reason, Brawl is a guaranteed triple-A title that will provide what is essentialy the highest-quality free advertising for years to come. It seems odd to me that Square would be willing to give all that attention to a character who's currently, you know, dead.
It seems more likely that Square would opt for a higher-profile character to fight in their name.
Although I could see Geno getting in as a second Square character (billed as a Mario character, possibly), I can't see why Square would lend him to Brawl as their only character.
Wow, that was really intelligent, and very non-bais. Even more neutral than I take it. I applaud you.

Kirby has Dedede's hat here. Meaning that this isn't Kirby's copy ability, this is Dedede's neutral special move! Looks like Dedede will indeed get his long-suspected inhale ability. Awesome.
Uh, jeez. Man. This was something I actually didn't want. Having DeDeDe a Kirby clone? How uncreative, and how not his character. I'm not really sure on this, however we cannot really take this as full evidence, for all we know Kirby could now have the ability to switch between the person's ability and his own "Inhale" ability, just so that he can instantly switch from DeDeDe to say, Mario. We'll just have to wait to see what's really going on.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Yes, but as you can quite clearly tell, my mildly ignorant compadre, is that both of those people are from popular franchises and have appeared in multiple games. Geno, unlike the aftermentioned characters has only appeared in one, as a character that piggybacked on the sucess of Mario in his RPG. Geno is most definitely not nearly as popular as any of those characters, nor as ingrained in those character's developments. Geno was in only one game, which people bought for MArio, not the secondary character that was in it. Luigi got in because he was with Mario for the long haul and is an important number two character, a companion to Mario in nearly every game. Krystal is being considered because she is an interesting character who is a love interest for a character who, you guessed it, has a series. Geno on the other hand didn't stick around in any other Mario games and had virtually no effect on Mario's development as a character. Luigi and Krystal are considered because they actually deserve it.
My mildly ignorant compadre eh? And I can't keep my emotions out of a debate?

And I suppose Krystal being Fox's love throughout the series and helps him develop ensures her a spot in Brawl? Am I obliged to see Dixie Kong then?

Luigi... is a sidekick. Face it, you just can't get around it. Nintendo just can't go around throwing Geno in every Mario sport/spinoff there is, his storyline is very deep, and I just can't see him shooting hoops with Birdo and Yoshi. Besides, they don't feel the need to split the profits EVERY game with Square-Enix to put him in a game.

Mario is a popular franchise, and that's what Geno fits into. Nice try though.

It's not that they hate him, it's just that they see him as he is: An old character that was only vaugely popular, and that was back in his prime. Now he's merely a character that some fans are clammoring for, but not nessicarily the most benificial. As I have said, when it comes to Brawl, it needs to be big, particulary if your going to make an exchange with another company, and if Nintendo anxd Square are making a deal, wouldn't both want a more popular, more recent character, like Cloud? I mean, Square sees that if SSBB fans see Cloud and become FF fans, making them more money. Nintendo sees Cloud fans coming to buy Brawl. It'd be win-win. Not so mch with Geno, as fr both sides he won't make them much money, as both companies have stopped producing the only game he's in.
Yeah because Final Fantasy fans really want to see badass Cloud fighting alongside Pikachu to save Mushroom Kingdom. Both companies have stopped producing the games, because they would have to use a joint effort to get him in. Square and Nintendo, as mentioned, are on harsh terms, they just can't go throwing Geno into games. They are only now recooperating from that argument. By the way, if you haven't noticed, Cloud had a worthless 3 minute cameo as a boss in Kingdom Hearts CoM, don't even bring cameos up.

But, quite obviously it didn't become that, and in fact, became the sucessor in Mario RPGs, with a more relevant storyline that's more true to the original Mario style. And guess what? People adored it. That's why Geno's a no body. He had his moment in the spotlight, but was moved over in order for the better Paper Mario to come in. Face it, Geno, like Bladerunner, may have a cult following and may get a renewed version (VC) but it will only enjoyed by watching the original, and that's the vastly most probable outcome. I know Geno was popular, but honestly, he's not Smash Bros. material, this is a game billed for the best of the best, and Geno, sadly isn't exactly in his prime.
Game & Watch isn't in his prime, and neither is Pit, or the Ice Climbers. Smash Bros. helps revive interest in characters, seeing as Game & Watch or the Ice Climbers weren't nearly as known before they hit the shelves on a Smash Bros. game.

Woah! A cameo as an inanimate object in the backgroud that looked like Geno! Boy was I wrong! Looks like he's making a HUGE comeback! Heck, he outshined MArio in that game!

Oh wait, he didn't. A simple cameo is nothing. HE got a cameo in the game as, as I see it, a final salute. Nintendo saying: "Yeah, he was in a Mario RPG, but we don't really want to bring him back, so let's just put him in for fun." Take nothing more out of it, and stop looking so deep into something as trivial as him being in the background!
When speaking of cameos in a sarcastic tone, think about Cloud and his three minutes on a Nintendo console.

I already knew that. I've played the game. Geno was an important character. Was is the keyword there. If Nintendo thought that Geno could play such a huge part, why name it Super MARIO RPG? Listen, Geno was a one time character who was in one game as a simple MacGuffin device to chug the story along, not the main character. No matter how many people will scream and throw tantrums, Geno didn't make all that big an impact. Obviously Nintendo found Mario RPG to be a one time thing, seing as they never made any sequels and most certainly never had another game with Geno beng important again.

Geno was simply a character, who was in one game, made over a decade ago, by Square, as a secondary character. Don't you think that if Nintendo really wanted to ressurect Geno's forgotten and much trampled on corpse by now?
Nintendo CAN'T do it by themselves. Geno was a joint creation between SE and Nintendo, and Nintendo just can't throw him into every game, even if they wanted to.

First off: What makes you think Banjo has less of a chance than Geno? Banjo has his own series, populairity galore (His first game outsold SM64 in 1999), and is the main character of a recent game series. Can't say all of that about Geno, as all Geno has that Banjo doesn't is Sakurai's mild interest, and that's just one, tiny little thing. Banjo had a game that had better graphics (at the time) that anything out there without even usig an extention pak. And seeing as Banjo has had two GBA and DS games and Rare has three total, I guess thaat Rare's really friendly with Nintendo in comparison to what you're suggesting for Geno. Geno has absolutely no better chance than Banjo. If not less of a chance, so perhaps you might think about the entire picture before, as you would say "Laughing too hard".
Rareware absolutely BETRAYED Nintendo, their home company by selling out to Microsoft. Yes, the same people who created DK games, and Banjo games, just turned their backs on Rareware. They are pretty much at war at this point in time, don't count your lucky stars when it comes to seeing him in Brawl.

Pardon me, but you do not know my age, and thusly cannot speak for me on how old I am, thank you very much. For that matter may I remind you that there are tons upon tons of games that have done "well" in Japan that have been forgotten. The fact that it sold a reasonable amout doesn't mean that Geno is popular, as most people had bought it because it was a Mario RPG, two things that interested people. I have played the game, for your infoermation and liked it, but just because I like a game (unlike what some people believe) does not assure that it will have a representative in the game.
Well, I don't want you to cry about me assuming your age, so I'm sorry. Geno was actually the most favored character in the Mario RPG, some people even liked him more than MARIO himself.

Sorry I didn't have time to elaborate on all the answers and further explain, but you'll get over it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Talk to me about it when SMRPG gets a "Game of the Century" award, then I'll concede that it's equivalent to Sheik, and besides, Midna has something Geno can never have: Relevance. Brawl is going in an Twilight Princess direction, and Nintendo has shown no interest in Squares affairs whatsoever concerning Brawl, let alone Geno. Midna is also in an incredible popular, and recent game that was made by Nintendo, all things that hinder Geno, so look at all the facts before jumping to conclusions, okay Bassy?

'Nuff said.
Shut up with your " 'Nuff said" That's not an original saying. What it means in your posts is "I have nothing better to say, so I'll stick this in and make it look like I'm right."

Midna is no more relevant to the Zelda series than Geno is to the Mario series. They have both only appeared in one game. They're both popular. Seriously. Geno is a popular character. Can you not tell?

and seriously enough with your "recent game" crap. If Geno interests Sakurai that's all that matters. I wll not say he's a shoe-in character, but I can say he has more of a chance than you think.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
You need to get your head out of your ***, Mr. know it all. :ohwell:

Midna is no more relevant to the Zelda series than Geno is to the Mario series. They have both only appeared in one game. They're both popular. Seriously. Geno is a popular character. Can you not tell?

and seriously enough with your "recent game" crap. If Geno interests Sakurai that's all that matters.
Not to mention the "recent game" crap doesn't apply to retro characters, which Geno sorta is.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I was infatuated with your Part 2B Character List, to the point where I wouldn't mind if Bowser Jr. was in for it. That's kind of saying a lot but I really hope you're as correct as I hope you are.

BTW, I also loved the little side jokes. Sheik being a potato and the Captain Falcon picture. All made me laugh.
I applaud you, Wiseguy. :]]]

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Ok, Geno doesn't have much of a chance. Banjo doesn't have much of a chance. Dedede has to have a sucking power cause that's what he does, but he doesn't copy. The sucking animation Kirby does is different when he has the hat. It's Dededes power, not Kirbys, and it's plenty different.

Edit: Nuff said everytime is like saying imadumbdumb everytime lol

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Rareware absolutely BETRAYED Nintendo, their home company by selling out to Microsoft. Yes, the same people who created DK games, and Banjo games, just turned their backs on Rareware. They are pretty much at war at this point in time, don't count your lucky stars when it comes to seeing him in Brawl.
Speaking of ignorant, Nintendo sold its' holdings in RARE to Microsoft. If anything, Nintendo betrayed RARE.

cccck

Smash Journeyman

look at the post right over yours. I just said that...

GameandWatchGuru

Smash Rookie
May I just add in here that I find it absolutely hilarious that so many people get so incredibly riled up by these debates, when ultimately our constant, inane, recycled arguments will ultimately mean nothing. The game will, in the end, be awesome, and we will all buy it, even if Midna, Geno, K. Rool or any of the others aren't in it.

*bows out*

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
My mildly ignorant compadre eh? And I can't keep my emotions out of a debate?
When one is mildly ignorant of the facts, yes I will call them on it, but I am sorry for letting my fellings into it, calling you my compadre was wrong.

And I suppose Krystal being Fox's love throughout the series and helps him develop ensures her a spot in Brawl? Am I obliged to see Dixie Kong then?
If Dixie was the important love interest to Donkey Knog, yes, but she wasn't and isn't nearly as individual as Krystal, let's face it: Dixie's just Diddy with diffrent hair and clothes.

Luigi... is a sidekick. Face it, you just can't get around it. Nintendo just can't go around throwing Geno in every Mario sport/spinoff there is, his storyline is very deep, and I just can't see him shooting hoops with Birdo and Yoshi. Besides, they don't feel the need to split the profits EVERY game with Square-Enix to put him in a game.
He's not just a sidekick, he's the definitive sidekick. Him and Mario are like a package deal. You don't get one without the other (Well, most ofthe time) Both Luigi and MArio are synonomous with each other, Geno, however isn't as heavily related with Mario as Luigi is, and thusly can be left out without much regret.

Mario is a popular franchise, and that's what Geno fits into. Nice try though.
I think you mean fit into, as in past tense, as Geno hasn't played any part in the story of any other Mario game besides that one, single, old game. Nice try though.

Yeah because Final Fantasy fans really want to see badass Cloud fighting alongside Pikachu to save Mushroom Kingdom. Both companies have stopped producing the games, because they would have to use a joint effort to get him in. Square and Nintendo, as mentioned, are on harsh terms, they just can't go throwing Geno into games. They are only now recooperating from that argument. By the way, if you haven't noticed, Cloud had a worthless 3 minute cameo as a boss in Kingdom Hearts CoM, don't even bring cameos up.
Yeah, and like anyone would wnat to see the badass Snake, Link, or Ike fighting them either... oh wait, they did. Listen, Smash Bros. doesn't want to just be "for the kids" especially when it comes down to character diversity. Smash Bros wants to be and is a fighting game made and designed for the hardcore gamer.

As for the cameo thing I was just throwing Cloud out there as an exaple of somene from Square who's waaay more popular and beneficial than Geno, I coul've said the Black Mage or even Moogle and it would've been the same thing.

Honestly, I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why either Square or Nintendo would chose the less known, less popular, less recent Geno over a more marketable character like the Black Mage or Cloud. It simply is bad business sense, why have a dried up, old, trodden on peice of gum stuck on the sidewalk that barely anyone wants let alone remembers when you could have a nice juicy, flavorful steak that everybody loves, made by a four star resteraunt?

Game & Watch isn't in his prime, and neither is Pit, or the Ice Climbers. Smash Bros. helps revive interest in characters, seeing as Game & Watch or the Ice Climbers weren't nearly as known before they hit the shelves on a Smash Bros. game.
You see, Nintendo can do that because they own the characters and thusly didn't have to spent money to get them in. With Geno, however, they have to really pay for it and thusly would want something that will make the expense very worthwhile, Geno isn't really the best choice out there compared to the fresher, better nown characters that they could get instead.

Besides, GaW got in Melee because he's what started Nintendo, he's the guy who began Nintendo, the first of a new age, and if any retro character deserved that spot, it was him.

When speaking of cameos in a sarcastic tone, think about Cloud and his three minutes on a Nintendo console.
You really don't need to be repetitive, personally I couldn't care if Cloud get's in, all I'm saying is that there's a crapload more profitable Square characters that Nintendo could pick from rather than Geno, and anyway, I don't count handheld games as consoles anyway, personally when it comes down to the handheld maket it comes to Nintendo or nothing, so there really isn't much diversity there.

Nintendo CAN'T do it by themselves. Geno was a joint creation between SE and Nintendo, and Nintendo just can't throw him into every game, even if they wanted to.
Of course they can't just throw Geno into any game they wnated to, least of all Brawl, they'd need to do a lot of extensive confrences with Square, which currently, there is absolutely no evidence of, and besides, if Nintendo ever were going to go u to Square and ask for a representative, don't you think that Square would rather have a character that they could profit off of instead of Geno, who wouldn't give Square any new money, as they've stopped making the only game Geno's in.

Who betrayed whom? Last I checked it was Nintendo who sold Rare to Microsoft, but nonetheless, you have a point, I personally don't see it happening, but you're missing the point. Geno's chances are hugely over estimated, as his chances are rivaled by that of Banjo, a character that nobody roots for.

Well, I don't want you to cry about me assuming your age, so I'm sorry. Geno was actually the most favored character in the Mario RPG, some people even liked him more than MARIO himself.
Still need to throw in that little barb? Honestly, I expect you to probably be just as old as I am. I liked Geno, he was a nice character, but there are tons of good characters (Saria, Toadsworth, May, Gloopy) that really didn't strike me as a character that would definitely get the honor to fight alongside the greatest heroes of all time. He just struck me as a good character, but just a character.

Sorry I didn't have time to elaborate on all the answers and further explain, but you'll get over it.
Sigh, you take your own sloth at not being able to fully answer questions and make it turn on me, as if I'd be broken up about it. This is in the sam, cruel, callous vein that the comment "Well, I don't want you to cry" spouted from. IF you need to make such snide barbs at people, maybe you need to take a look at your own emotional securities and stop criticising others about it.

'Nuff said.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Shut up with your " 'Nuff said" That's not an original saying. What it means in your posts is "I have nothing better to say, so I'll stick this in and make it look like I'm right."
Actually, my riled up musician, 'nuff siad is the abbreviated form of "enough said" mean that I have said enough and that I believe that I have effectively gotten my point across, unfortunately, some of the people who hear this do not fully comprehend the meaning of what I just said and simply focus on the ending two words and then mudsling, much like what you are doing right now.

Well, Midna may be the Zelda equivallent to Geno, but she isn't owned by Square, is recent and, last time I checked more popular than the largely unheard of Geno.

and seriously enough with your "recent game" crap. If Geno interests Sakurai that's all that matters. I wll not say he's a shoe-in character, but I can say he has more of a chance than you think.
It's not crap, as you so aptly put it, it is fact, a fact that most likely will prevent your precious Geno from getting in Brawl. There are a small number of characters that are retro, and there are a small number of characters that are third party, and there are a small number of characters that are secondary characters, and there are a small number of characters that have only been in one game, but when you put all of those small, small factions together you get something that's insanely smaller of a chance than even conceivable. Sure, ther could be a secondary retro character, and I bet that there could be a secondary retro character that's only been in one game, but having a secondary retro character that's third party? Nigh impossible. If there's only going to be a small handful of third party characters, what makes anyone think that Geno's more deserving that the exponentially more popular characters like Megaman or Bomberman? Heck, what makes him any more deserving than another Square character like the Black Mage or Moogle?

Then, we have Sakurai mentioning something. That probably broaden's Geno's chances a little, but not much. Sakurai can love Geno to the point that he gets a full body geno tattoo and changes his name to Geno (which by the way, is probably what it would take for Geno to be supremely likely) he still couldn't get him in because when it comes to inter-company relations it's out of his hands, all he can do is ask. If Square says, "No, Geno's too old, and not proffitable" than them's the breaks. Ultimately, all of Nintendo can nly make half the decision, and Sakurai himself has even less power. Sakurai's whim goes far below the company's needs on the importance list.

'Nuff said.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I don't think there's been any evidence of any talks with any other third-party company. I don't see there being any less of chance of them approaching SE for a character than Capcom or Bandai Namco.

Also, the source the Game & Watch systems being popular is Mr. Game & Watch's first trophy. I can't find where I read it was more popular in Japan than NA but the trophy still lists an undeniably large number.

The source for a lot of people wanting Pit in SSBM...that's just from my remembering Smash Boards and GameFAQs back before it was released. The GFs threads are probably all wiped by now but you can search Pit in the SSBM SWF archives.

Also, I forget if it was this thread, but I remember people saying Tingle being a trophy and being shown before the game's out deconfirms him...here ya go: http://cube.ign.com/articles/097/097715p1.html

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
May I just add in here that I find it absolutely hilarious that so many people get so incredibly riled up by these debates, when ultimately our constant, inane, recycled arguments will ultimately mean nothing. The game will, in the end, be awesome, and we will all buy it, even if Midna, Geno, K. Rool or any of the others aren't in it.

*bows out*
Amen, brotha. Amen. :)

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Uh, jeez. Man. This was something I actually didn't want. Having DeDeDe a Kirby clone? How uncreative, and how not his character. I'm not really sure on this, however we cannot really take this as full evidence, for all we know Kirby could now have the ability to switch between the person's ability and his own "Inhale" ability, just so that he can instantly switch from DeDeDe to say, Mario. We'll just have to wait to see what's really going on.
What? This doesn't mean Dedede is a Kirby clone, this is Dedede's 'inhale' ability. He sucks in things and then spits them out at high speeds. It's one of his signature moves.

look at the post right over yours. I just said that...
Yeah, I know. You must've posted it while I was still typing mine. But I didn't really feel like going to the trouble of editing my post. Besides, I like the picture.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Actually, my riled up musician, 'nuff siad is the abbreviated form of "enough said" mean that I have said enough and that I believe that I have effectively gotten my point across, unfortunately, some of the people who hear this do not fully comprehend the meaning of what I just said and simply focus on the ending two words and then mudsling, much like what you are doing right now.
I focused on the rest of what you said. If that isn't obvious enough.

You really need to stop saying it. It makes you sound idiotic and arrogant. :ohwell:

Well, Midna may be the Zelda equivallent to Geno, but she isn't owned by Square, is recent and, last time I checked more popular than the largely unheard of Geno.
Largely unheard of? and again what does "recent" have to do with anything? I think you forget that being old doesn't stop a character from being in the Smash series.

It's not crap, as you so aptly put it, it is fact, a fact that most likely will prevent your precious Geno from getting in Brawl. There are a small number of characters that are retro, and there are a small number of characters that are third party, and there are a small number of characters that are secondary characters, and there are a small number of characters that have only been in one game, but when you put all of those small, small factions together you get something that's insanely smaller of a chance than even conceivable. Sure, ther could be a secondary retro character, and I bet that there could be a secondary retro character that's only been in one game, but having a secondary retro character that's third party? Nigh impossible. If there's only going to be a small handful of third party characters, what makes anyone think that Geno's more deserving that the exponentially more popular characters like Megaman or Bomberman? Heck, what makes him any more deserving than another Square character like the Black Mage or Moogle?
Honestly, I don't care if Geno makes it in or not. I'm not the biggest Geno supporter in the world.

I just have to wonder is this classification of "retro" did the fans make it up? I've never heard Sakurai ever say any characters are retro. If that's true, than I don't think we can say what's retro (to Sakurai) and what's not.

Then, we have Sakurai mentioning something. That probably broaden's Geno's chances a little, but not much. Sakurai can love Geno to the point that he gets a full body geno tattoo and changes his name to Geno (which by the way, is probably what it would take for Geno to be supremely likely) he still couldn't get him in because when it comes to inter-company relations it's out of his hands, all he can do is ask. If Square says, "No, Geno's too old, and not proffitable" than them's the breaks. Ultimately, all of Nintendo can nly make half the decision, and Sakurai himself has even less power. Sakurai's whim goes far below the company's needs on the importance list.
You see I don't really understand why you're arguing this. You're acting like it's a fact and WILL happen. You don't know this. We do know that Square and Nintendo have had issues in the past, but who's to say that if Nintendo went there and asked for the rights to use Geno they'd say for sure "he's too old and not profitable." How do you know that? Tell me.

'Nuff said.
Not exactly.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
does anyone else love the snake kirby hat as much as i do? Kirby with a beard is just plain hilarious.
And the cartoony version of the grenade? Priceless! But hey, do you have Waluigi underlined and in bold because he got deconfirmed or not, because if not you'd better update that. Not to be snide, it's just that I don't want you to be seen as ignoring the fact.

Speaking of which, looks like Sakurai's back to being merciless with the decomfirmations.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
About Geno: I think the strongest point against him is one that has been brought up multiple times. Square simply has no incentive to lend Geno to Nintendo. It doesn't improve their sales any. Which means that Nintendo would have to pay Square a decent amount of money for it to be worth it for Square.

Which brings me to the other point: While the people at Nintendo are gamers too (and thus they might be Geno fans too - what goes into Brawl isn't solely profit motivated, I expect them to add things simply because they like them), Geno simply isn't worth paying much for, since he simply isn't a selling point. The only selling point he would be would be to promote Super Mario RPG on the virtual console. If Square was nice enough to just let Nintendo use Geno for a nominal fee, then sure, I could see him being the only Square character. But Square would probably want to push for something more beneficial to them.

Now, this doesn't mean I discount his chances. What I think is relevant to Sakurai's comment that he thinks of Geno as a 1st party character (and thus, I assume, as a Mario character). If Square-Enix had a representative in the game, they would want a bigger name character, or one that represented one of their series. That would mean one of the Final Fantasy general characters (Moogle, Chocobo, Black Mage), a Dragon Quest character (don't know much about it, sorry), or something else, like Sora. They would want to get advertising. However, if they had a representative, I don't think they would be opposed to simply letting Nintendo add Geno as well. And since Sakurai doesn't think of Geno as much as a 3rd party character, he wouldn't necessarily be considered to be competing for a "3rd party slot".

By which I mean, that adding Geno and a Square-Enix representative wouldn't be seen as giving Square two representatives, so much as adding another Mario rep and a Square rep. So basically... if Geno is in Brawl, I would somewhat surprised if there wasn't another Square character also in Brawl. Because it simply doesn't make much business sense for Square to let them put in Geno on his own.
Bowser attacks Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong, but the question is, why would he want their bananas? Maybe he realizes he cannot beat Mario, and he and K. Rool switched enemies just this time around. When you think about it, this isn't too impossible.
Classic sitcom scenario! Switch places. They've used with villains in TV shows before, too, I think.

I can see it now:

K Rool and Bowser are talking, when the convo turns to their respective nemeses.

K Rool: I can't believe that you can't defeat that fat plumber.
Bowser: What are you talking about? Mario is impossible to beat, he shoots fire and jumps rilly rilly high and stomps on my head. *rubs his head* And like you have room to talk, you can't even deal with a dumb ape and his monkey friends.
K Rool: Hey, Donkey Kong is big and brawny! At least he is a formidable opponent - Mario is tiny compared to you!
Bowser: Well, if you think Mario's so easy to defeat, I'd like to see you do it!
K Rool: In that case, I'd like to see you beat Donkey Kong!
Bowser: Deal!
K Rool: Deal!
May I just add in here that I find it absolutely hilarious that so many people get so incredibly riled up by these debates, when ultimately our constant, inane, recycled arguments will ultimately mean nothing.
I agree that the game is gonna be great regardless, and our arguments will mean nothing (especially at this point in the game - there was a chance, however slight, that earlier in the development cycle that they might've been interested in what people on the internets were saying).

But some people just enjoy discussing the possibilities, and even arguing. Such as myself.

But then again, I don't get riled up...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
About Geno: I think the strongest point against him is one that has been brought up multiple times. Square simply has no incentive to lend Geno to Nintendo. It doesn't improve their sales any. Which means that Nintendo would have to pay Square a decent amount of money for it to be worth it for Square.

Which brings me to the other point: While the people at Nintendo are gamers too (and thus they might be Geno fans too - what goes into Brawl isn't solely profit motivated, I expect them to add things simply because they like them), Geno simply isn't worth paying much for, since he simply isn't a selling point. The only selling point he would be would be to promote Super Mario RPG on the virtual console. If Square was nice enough to just let Nintendo use Geno for a nominal fee, then sure, I could see him being the only Square character. But Square would probably want to push for something more beneficial to them.

Now, this doesn't mean I discount his chances. What I think is relevant to Sakurai's comment that he thinks of Geno as a 1st party character (and thus, I assume, as a Mario character). If Square-Enix had a representative in the game, they would want a bigger name character, or one that represented one of their series. That would mean one of the Final Fantasy general characters (Moogle, Chocobo, Black Mage), a Dragon Quest character (don't know much about it, sorry), or something else, like Sora. They would want to get advertising. However, if they had a representative, I don't think they would be opposed to simply letting Nintendo add Geno as well. And since Sakurai doesn't think of Geno as much as a 3rd party character, he wouldn't necessarily be considered to be competing for a "3rd party slot".

By which I mean, that adding Geno and a Square-Enix representative wouldn't be seen as giving Square two representatives, so much as adding another Mario rep and a Square rep. So basically... if Geno is in Brawl, I would somewhat surprised if there wasn't another Square character also in Brawl. Because it simply doesn't make much business sense for Square to let them put in Geno on his own.
Classic sitcom scenario! Switch places. They've used with villains in TV shows before, too, I think.

I can see it now:

K Rool and Bowser are talking, when the convo turns to their respective nemeses.

K Rool: I can't believe that you can't defeat that fat plumber.
Bowser: What are you talking about? Mario is impossible to beat, he shoots fire and jumps rilly rilly high and stomps on my head. *rubs his head* And like you have room to talk, you can't even deal with a dumb ape and his monkey friends.
K Rool: Hey, Donkey Kong is big and brawny! At least he is a formidable opponent - Mario is tiny compared to you!
Bowser: Well, if you think Mario's so easy to defeat, I'd like to see you do it!
K Rool: In that case, I'd like to see you beat Donkey Kong!
Bowser: Deal!
K Rool: Deal!
I agree that the game is gonna be great regardless, and our arguments will mean nothing (especially at this point in the game - there was a chance, however slight, that earlier in the development cycle that they might've been interested in what people on the internets were saying).

But some people just enjoy discussing the possibilities, and even arguing. Such as myself.

But then again, I don't get riled up...
May I say that I have been waiting for practically four hours at my computor and decide to hit refresh and out of anything I expected for someone to say, I never expected this. Someone who is able to see it the way that it should universally be seen: With cold, hard, facts. Amazing how you were able to say exactly what I said in such a logical way.

You, my friend, know how to handle a forum, getting in, expressing your opinion, but doing it in a handled way in the right spirit: for simple discussion and debate.

Yet as you have said, Brawl is going to do great, I think that it will not only surpass Galaxy as the best opening sales but also being... dare I say it? THE HALO-KILLER!!

Speaking of Halo, did anyone even notice that Bunjie's now a second party company? Do I smell the Cheif being in Smash Bros. 4? Anything's possible!

To the Rool getting in. I'd like to see it happen. DK had missed out on the multiple character love for quite awhile. However, with DK already getting Diddy I can't see it being rediculosly probable, but there is a definite possibility, and I like those odds.

'Nuff said.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Speaking of Halo, did anyone even notice that Bunjie's now a second party company? Do I smell the Cheif being in Smash Bros. 4? Anything's possible!
Not unless he gets a game on a Nintendo system it isn't. Basic prerequisite for 3rd-party candidates and all that.

Zevox

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yet as you have said, Brawl is going to do great, I think that it will not only surpass Galaxy as the best opening sales but also being... dare I say it? THE HALO-KILLER!!

Super Mario Galaxy is already on its way to catching Halo 3 in sales. It sold 1.12 million copies last month, over 3 times as many copies as halo 3. I can only imagine what kind of beast brawl is going to be like on the market.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
You, my friend, know how to handle a forum, getting in, expressing your opinion, but doing it in a handled way in the right spirit: for simple discussion and debate.
Thanks.
Speaking of Halo, did anyone even notice that Bunjie's now a second party company?
Bungie being a second party does not free them to do projects on whatever console they like. They are still beholden to Microsoft because Microsoft still partially owns them. So it is doubtful that they'll be providing content for the Big N just yet (aside from content on the DS).

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
Bungie being a second party does not free them to do projects on whatever console they like. They are still beholden to Microsoft because Microsoft still partially owns them. So it is doubtful that they'll be providing content for the Big N just yet (aside from content on the DS).
Microsoft owns absolutely nothing of Bungie right now, they're 3rd party. However, they've said that they will continue only making games for the 360 anyway, so it hardly matters.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I don't think he hated Ness, I just think he felt Lucas was a better choice for Brawl. Whether or not Marth returns will similarly depend on what he decides is best for the game. I just happen to disagree with most people on what he will decide, in this case.
"I'm going to be a bias and totally love Mother 3 Since i helped work on it"
Again WG For all we know Ninten could've been in instead of ness but apparently y characters, Marth is the most popular lord IN JAPAN WERE SAKURAI IS MAKING THE GAME With a remake and is highly important to the series, Sure there's a small possibility that he get's dropped but there's also a small possibility that Claus joins the brawl under the DS Icon while Dr.Lobe goes under the Warioware icon and Luigi is in as an Assist with captain falcon :laugh:.

About Tak, I'm not suggesting they give him an unoriginal moveset as he could probably do alot with the Japanese swordfighting style. What I am suggesting is that they might make him a speedy, comboable fighter so as to appeal to the former Marth players.
Your idea is this basically:
Sakurai:Since i'm going to use my ignorant bias despite knowing that marth has a new DS Game and Marth is the most popular lord in japan were FE Is mostly there i'm going to give my third-most favorite character that i must LOVE And KNOW What moves to give different from him instead and piss off a bunch of my fans by giving takamaru marth's moveset with some tweaks and making ike really slow JUST To piss them off.
Staff Member:But can't you just keep Marth since Fire Emblem is huge to nintendo And We gave it Two reesenitives the last time around? Sure we have time! Let's please more fans by giving Takamaru an original moveset and bringing marth back.

Sakurai:
Option A:Bring marth back and add takamaru.
Option B:a total bias with no logic in the choice so i can give a 20 Years old retro character who is hardly similar to marth and DOESEN'T EVEN USE THOSE MOVES His moveset.

What is more logical? Apparently there are more factors playing in the situation, Again they both come from different series and are not alike, That's like saying "Claus WWLink Sora and Marth are all alike, Only one can be in brawl ,_,!" But we all know how sora uses magic, Claus uses his thundersword with many spells (I Can go on...) WWLink uses different items from link and Marth an agile sword wielder, It just doesen't work, Heck sakurai might not even think of that crazy idea.

Yeah, I think we've noth said our peace on this topic, so perhaps we should agree to disagree. If it turns out that you are rigth and I am just being stuborn in the face of defeat, you have my permission to rub it in my face come Marth's confirmation. Peace.
Ok then, Peace, We for sure have to do this again sometime :laugh:(But with another topic.) Also i will for sure rub it...If sukapon marth and michiah all get in then i have a lot of rubbing to do there :laugh:.

There is a difference between what is likely and what I think will happen. Maybe characters that been revealed thus far have seemed like pretty insane and unlikely additions. And, personally, the only roster predictions I find completely unbelievable are the ones devoid of any surpises. And seeing Tak and Miciah make the cut over Marth would definitely qualify as a surpsise.
You mean like how you had samurai goroh before claus on the list as i noticed from previous pages and forgot G&W Even through he was the root of nintendo :laugh:? Look what happened thar...You did predict most characters so far (At least all besides PT.) So gewd job, As for tak and michiah making it in over marth @_@.

I'm saying you should also add another FE Rep to your roster because it's very unlikely that it decreases, Think about it...The franchise got even MORE Popular With everything so we are likely to see a second rep.

Anyhow to the geno debate AGAIN Sakurai has highly listened to his polls and so whoever likes gets in as he listens to his fans, His importance and everything else is debateable and whatnot but...AND JIMMY STOP WITH THE FREAKING "NUFF SAID" +_+.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well, the only reason we really argue, is to pass time because we're bored, and prove points. Hey, it passes time until Brawl like a charm. :p

Reguardless of Geno, or any other character for that matter getting in, it's still going to be a great game.

Hopefully Wiseguy got my note about K. Rool, because I think he has more of a shot than he gives him credit for.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, the only reason we really argue, is to pass time because we're bored, and prove points. Hey, it passes time until Brawl like a charm. :p

Reguardless of Geno, or any other character for that matter getting in, it's still going to be a great game.

Hopefully Wiseguy got my note about K. Rool, because I think he has more of a shot than he gives him credit for.
@Deviantan and Jimmy, If your going to try and debate geno then go PM Fatmanonice and wake him up, I'm sure he'd be happy to own all these answers better then any of us would.

Well i guess so we do pass time, To end this i will just say that geno is not a shoo-in and he doesen't have an incredibley high or low chance, But he has a good one, Apparently he is a good icon to rep square enix since the others are more "Generic" And many want him (Cough 2ndonsakurai's polls cough.) The thing with Paper Mario is that they might not see him as another character (Remember, Young link both appeared on the melee and the brawl polls AND Was in melee and Vivian got on the polls before Paper Mario.) Any other third-party's (For instance one like sora.) DOES NOT AFFECT HIS INCLUSION, Also whose to say that Paper mario AND Geno can't be in? One to rep the old and one to rep the new, That's only one more then melee, Not much of a hassle, The character is cheap and could be a fun retro for sakurai to bring back like he has done with many others to get popularity and help the SMRPG Sequel sales (If there really is one like they have been talking about.) So he's a cheap character that many people want and that sakurai has shown interest in that people tend to like a bit who has little competition at achieving playable, I Don't see what's the problem, Also sakurai said he would be first-party if he was added soif someone like Sora was in then that would also help geno because then geno could be included to.

Goodnight.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Well said.

And yes, Fatmanonice would give you twice the debate any of us could. The boy knows his facts, try PMing him if that's what your looking for.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well said.

And yes, Fatmanonice would give you twice the debate any of us could. The boy knows his facts, try PMing him if that's what your looking for.

Indeed, He's probably the smartest geno supporter i've ever seen.
Oh and once i PM Debated him on how Claus could easily get in while Black Shadow is left behind...Boy that was funny :laugh: I Actualy debate with him quite a bit but since he hasn't been able to be on Nsider2 And due to the power hungry mods, By fatmanonice...:(.
It stinks; Really for me, Not being able to talk with a good friend that much...Then again he is hardly ever on.

Wow debating Takes up a long time :p, Now why can't these geno supporters rant about hhis idea of marth replacing takamaru :mad:? XD.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Microsoft owns absolutely nothing of Bungie right now, they're 3rd party. However, they've said that they will continue only making games for the 360 anyway, so it hardly matters.
Eh? I checked the Wikipedia article before I posted... has that changed since October?

Anywho, a note on Geno: As I said, I would be somewhat surprised if he got in the game as Square's only representative. However, I would also be somewhat surprised if Square had a representative and Geno wasn't in the game.

Top Bottom