• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Hey, he breathes!

I'm curious as to what is going to change this time around. It's not like Sakurai has thrown any bones at us lately.

*POUTS.*

Smooth Criminal

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
not sure if anyone here has beaten fire emblem radiant dawn, but it made me emo at the end. But it was a beastly game and Micaiah is amazing. She should definetly be in Brawl. If she gets in, i think i will main with her next to jigglypuff, pokemon trainer and Ridley. Depending on whether the three that ive said actually get in. Pokemon trainer is going to be one interesting character to play as.

Anyway, monday is another day to see if another character is revealed. Hopefully someone will be revealed soon. i'm getting tired of waiting. and i can't ait to see Wiseguy's revisions. Hopefully, he'll keep my favorite guys on there and make me happy. :) Well i've got a computer project to accomplish so i shall return alter. Sayonara Brawl people!

~Shadow Plusle

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
6) Bonk

Comments: Bonk is a frickin’ caveman who defeats his enemies by smashing them with his massive cranium! How can he NOT be in Brawl?!?

In addition to being the radest retro character this side of Earthworm Jim, Bonk was
Turbographix-16 mascot in the fiercely competitive 16-bit console wars – making him the third pillar in the legendary Mario-Sonic-Bonk rivalry.

[/SIZE]
I noticed on last week's Virtual Console update they really drove home the fact that Mario, Sonic and Bonk, (who all appeared in games that week,) were all "big-name mascots" by their own words. Not that the Virtual Console people necessarily have any Brawl influence/knowledge, it could possibly be an insight into how Nintendo thinks about the third party characters.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I noticed on last week's Virtual Console update they really drove home the fact that Mario, Sonic and Bonk, (who all appeared in games that week,) were all "big-name mascots" by their own words. Not that the Virtual Console people necessarily have any Brawl influence/knowledge, it could possibly be an insight into how Nintendo thinks about the third party characters.
I'd rather Megaman as he's actually cool.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
off topic=awsome song not so good animation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8ye...C736EB38&index=23&playnext=6&playnext_from=PL

on topic: i believe K rool should be playable.1. he is mainly the only reconisable villian from Dk series
2. he isnt a villian who is over sized eg bowser or Ridley.this makes it easyier to work from.
3. if kirby has three reps and metroid(3rd one ridley)earthbound(lucas,cluas and still possibly ness(i dont think) Dk series should have three reps too.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
DK deserves 3 reps as much as Kirby does...and DKs 3rd rep i hope to god isn't another Monkey, but K. rool.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
DK deserves 3 reps as much as Kirby does...and DKs 3rd rep i hope to god isn't another Monkey, but K. rool.
I Hate it when people try to compare metroid-mother-DK-etc To kirby's situation, Once again he was being biased over the series HE Created.
However K Rool maybe...Just as long as claus get's on here.

y3nia659

Smash Ace
I like it so far, I disagree with some like the big head or WWLink but it's pretty fair/unique and cool compared to other predictions.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Boo ya! New prediction list complete. Please take the time to read it, as it's 99% new writings. I'll look forward to you guys pointing out the flaws in my logic as well as my fany grammatical errors.

I'll try and pop in on a regular basis, but no promises (this is exam time).

-WG

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I'm liking the new predictions. Very witty, although there are a few typos, the funniest of which is calling Sakurai 'Samurai' at one point.

The only points I really differ on are:
1)Marth. I won't ask you to change your ways, but when he's finally confirmed I'm going to chuckle at your expense.

2)Ness. Personally, I've said from the beginning that all original movesets would return and I'm sticking to that.
I won't try to convince you that Ness will return, but I will try to convince you that Lucas and Ness don't share their movesets. Because they don't.

3)Dark Samus. I think she's got a pretty good shot at making it as a clone. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say this is your best list yet.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Kudos Wiseguy, I like the way you've gone about your choices by being realistic rather then optimistic. :)

JPW

Smash Ace
I still reckon FE should still have 2 reps. Ike and Marth wouldn't be too bad in my view. I would love to see Miciah to help advertise Radaint Dawn as europeans and aussies still don't have it!!:mad: so it be good on our behalf. Also for a series to go from 2 reps to 1 would be an insult to a growing franchise in the worldwide perspective... word has to get out about this series Ike can't do it all on his own. Also Ike was a shoe in from day one in my view.

And what do you mean Nintendo have given up on F-zero? Who told you this.
Where's Falcon when you need him it's time to punch some crap into the f-zero haters. Especially the idiots who never bough F-zero GX.... you all suck. Best looking game on the cube besides Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 3.

Also Starfox should have at least 3 reps. I know that Starfox Adventures sux to my standards, but Krystal would be a great addition and that Staff is totally different. So that should put her through. But also Falco deserves another chance. And could be given a reasonable moveset.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
lol, in your second post you put samurai instead of sakurai.

i think you have fairly accurate predictions for the no fun version, but when you expand... i see more obscure/retro and villian nintendo characters over third party. (sukapon, wolf) maybe more. clause was in my line of thought too.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I've loved watching this list grow since Diddy was confirmed, and now that it's reached its penultimate stage, I'm happy with the results. You've done a lot of work on this thread, so this is an excellent way to end it.

The Originality Set seems to be the most probable in my vision.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
This list still sucks.

1. You still refuse to put Marth on. I don't care why you hate the high tier characters but Marth is coming back so get over it.

2. K.Rool will be in the game no matter what the stupid haters say.

3. You still refuse to add a villain from F-Zero.

4. You still claim to that idiotic belief that Midna was the main character of TP? I can destroy that idea in one simple sentence. Link was the one chosen to save hyrule, the light spirits even said so.

I'd say more but I got to get to class.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm liking the new predictions. Very witty, although there are a few typos, the funniest of which is calling Sakurai 'Samurai' at one point.

The only points I really differ on are:
1)Marth. I won't ask you to change your ways, but when he's finally confirmed I'm going to chuckle at your expense.

2)Ness. Personally, I've said from the beginning that all original movesets would return and I'm sticking to that.
I won't try to convince you that Ness will return, but I will try to convince you that Lucas and Ness don't share their movesets. Because they don't.

3)Dark Samus. I think she's got a pretty good shot at making it as a clone. At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

Overall, on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd say this is your best list yet.
"Samerai" typo fixed.

1) Indeed.

2) Well, they do share several moves in common - you must admit. In my mind, the differences between them are a result of attempting to make him suck less.

3) I am pro-clone, but the fact that Goroh is an AT does not bode well for clones in Brawl in my view. I saw him as the PERFECT candidat for a Falcon clone.

nice list. Glad to see your support for Ridley still exsists.
I have to say i dont disagree with any of that list and it is highly probable.
As from a fans view Wheres Dark Samus?he deserves to get in!
I consider myself a fan of Dark Samus and would love to see the character make it. But will those crazy Japanese see things the same way? They're the ones who insist on using the outdated Super Metroid Chozo suit instead of the far superior Metroid Prime version.

Erm dude Sonic is in brawl, better update the first post.
Thanks. Fixed.

Kudos Wiseguy, I like the way you've gone about your choices by being realistic rather then optimistic. :)
*Tips hat*

I still reckon FE should still have 2 reps. Ike and Marth wouldn't be too bad in my view. I would love to see Miciah to help advertise Radaint Dawn as europeans and aussies still don't have it!!:mad: so it be good on our behalf. Also for a series to go from 2 reps to 1 would be an insult to a growing franchise in the worldwide perspective... word has to get out about this series Ike can't do it all on his own. Also Ike was a shoe in from day one in my view.

And what do you mean Nintendo have given up on F-zero? Who told you this.
Where's Falcon when you need him it's time to punch some crap into the f-zero haters. Especially the idiots who never bough F-zero GX.... you all suck. Best looking game on the cube besides Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 3.

Also Starfox should have at least 3 reps. I know that Starfox Adventures sux to my standards, but Krystal would be a great addition and that Staff is totally different. So that should put her through. But also Falco deserves another chance. And could be given a reasonable moveset.
As a huge FE fan, I'm hoping for a second rep for the series. But for my first list, I was trying to keep all the series to their bare minimum. Hopefully my pessimism is unwarrented.

The reason I think Nintendo has abandoned F-Zero is the simple reason that its been so log since they announced or even talked about a new game. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Metroid, Star Fox, Donkey Kong and even Fire Emblem have all seen a revival on the DS or Wii. But no love for the best racing series in existance. Not cool.

Starfoc having three reps seems to be the consensus. But objectively speaking, I think 2 is not unreasonable. People still love the series, but its been a while since a SF game set the world on fire with awesome (the last was SF64). And while everyone loves Falco, gameplay wise I'm not sure he is that essential of an addition.

lol, in your second post you put samurai instead of sakurai.

i think you have fairly accurate predictions for the no fun version, but when you expand... i see more obscure/retro and villian nintendo characters over third party. (sukapon, wolf) maybe more. clause was in my line of thought too.
Sukupon stands a great shot (I only had so many slots avaialble) but I'm no longer too keen on Wolf's chances. Unless there are clones, in which case he is a given.

I've loved watching this list grow since Diddy was confirmed, and now that it's reached its penultimate stage, I'm happy with the results. You've done a lot of work on this thread, so this is an excellent way to end it.

The Originality Set seems to be the most probable in my vision.
:)

This list still sucks.

1. You still refuse to put Marth on. I don't care why you hate the high tier characters but Marth is coming back so get over it.

2. K.Rool will be in the game no matter what the stupid haters say.

3. You still refuse to add a villain from F-Zero.

4. You still claim to that idiotic belief that Midna was the main character of TP? I can destroy that idea in one simple sentence. Link was the one chosen to save hyrule, the light spirits even said so.

I'd say more but I got to get to class.
1) Not if Takamaru has anything to say about it...

2) Maybe. He is third in line as a DK rep. Whether the series gets three reps, however, is open to debate.

3) Let's face facts Numa: if a F-Zero villain gets in, it will be Black Shadow. Are you going to tell me that the lamest, most generic villian in the known universe should be put in Brawl just to add representation to the F-Zero franchise? I could come up with a list of another 40 characters who deserve a spot on the roster more.

4) Oh yeah? Well what what if I take that sentence and conveniently set it aside? In that case, my argument stands.

Farewell, folks. This exam isnt going to study for itself.

-WG

Top Bottom