• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Arteen

Smash Lord
That would put a smile on my face. But it seems like alot od trouble just to add another swordfighter moveset. They aren't exactly in short supply.
Ooh, ooh, I have an idea! Maybe her down-B could transform her into a ninja! Wouldn't you just love that?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Ooh, ooh, I have an idea! Maybe her down-B could transform her into a ninja! Wouldn't you just love that?
Hell yes. [/sarcasm]

I actually wouldn't mind Shiek returning, because she's actually a unique (though overpowered) character.

BTW, what's wrong with having a couple of swordsmen. Ike should have shown you guys just how different swordsmen could be.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Anyone else who shares my theory that we will only get one more newcomer between now and release? Looking at the character section and how long we have waited for a new character it could make sense...

Sakurai could be opting for 3 rows of newcomers and 3 rows of veterans to leave us with until the game comes out. And if you notice, all the veterans released so far have been starters in the game they were introduced (meaning Falcon/Ness dont count because of unlockable in 64), so it also would make sense to have only them by release. I dont know, just something I can see happening because of how long he is making us wait for a character...

A side theory is that this last newcomer will be another third party character, something like Megaman. Dunno what to think about his chances though...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hell yes. [/sarcasm]

I actually wouldn't mind Shiek returning, because she's actually a unique (though overpowered) character.

BTW, what's wrong with having a couple of swordsmen. Ike should have shown you guys just how different swordsmen could be.
I don't mind swordfighters, as long they bring something unique to the table, like all the one's revealed thus far have.

Anyone else who shares my theory that we will only get one more newcomer between now and release? Looking at the character section and how long we have waited for a new character it could make sense...

Sakurai could be opting for 3 rows of newcomers and 3 rows of veterans to leave us with until the game comes out. And if you notice, all the veterans released so far have been starters in the game they were introduced (meaning Falcon/Ness dont count because of unlockable in 64), so it also would make sense to have only them by release. I dont know, just something I can see happening because of how long he is making us wait for a character...

A side theory is that this last newcomer will be another third party character, something like Megaman. Dunno what to think about his chances though...
According to Saumerai Panda's translation thread, Sakurai was planning on announcing all the characters prior to release (release in Japan, I assume) because everyone will find out the roster anyway. So, no, I think we'll see more character updates until January.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Well, one thing about todays update: Fox's "dark Fox" color swap doesn't really look like Wolf. I know. I know. People have been saying it for weeks now, but I was reserving judgement on the matter until I could see a clear, focused picture. Low and behold, his colors don't coincide with Wolf's.

And on the topic of Sakurai's journal and the revealing of characters: Technically, he said that he'd reveal them, but he didn't say when he would be doing so. Like a lot of others, I was under the impression that he was going to reveal them all before release, but after reading through his writings again, I'm thinking that he might wait until post-release to let all of the cats out of the bag.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You mean like on Memorial Day? A holiday that is not only celebrated in America but ALSO in Japan?

Wow, what a super awesome update we got on that day >_>
Memorial day isn't exactly a HUGE holiday like Thanksgiving is it? ZOMG SOME PEOPLE GET A DAY OFF OF WORK!1!1

Wanna bet?
I love how it's always my posts people don't read all the way.

I have a gut feeling we will get something big on thanksgiving. Of course we got an IC stage on Halloween so maybe not.
Reading is good for you. Try it one day.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
We have a golden Bowser already (gold/platinum shell and gold armbands), haha. Bling Bling Bowser, anyone?

I'd be most interested to see a 'dark/evil' Captain Falcon . . .

. . . or a gold Sonic . . . oh wait.
Haha, more like the Tails alt.

Sonic's alts should be the other characters in his series.

Red:Knuckles
Yellow:Tails
Green: that green guy
Purple: that purple guy
Black+Red: that emo guy

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
well we do already have a grey falcon. How about dark ice climbers? imagine how scary it would be to see two possesed eskimos with giant hammers.
Really, I have difficulty imagining two ******* in parka's being horror inspiring, no matter what, but that's just me.

Well, well, well. Costumes, eh? Well, I have been pining for something like this for some time (How many pages back is beyond me) but I was thouroughly dissapointed with the lack of real changes in costume. The most drastic alteration in costume was Zelda's original suit or possibly Dark Link, why are there no alternate character costumes? C'mon, no Wolf? Although this gives a new hope for the Wolf fans, it gives me a bad feeling about the possibilities of more extravagant suits (Big Boss/Old Snake-Snake, Mr. L-Luigi etc.) However, this makes for a fairly mediocre update.

Is it too much to ask for say, Olimar, or Ridley, or Midna, or WW Link, or... GAH! Why are you holding back Sakurai, WHY!? Yes, I know about the whole "Pushed back release date" thing, but honestly, some characters we know will get in, we just need one little update confirming it.

By the way, if anyone went to E for All, just out of curiosity, did it show a number of slots shownon the screen? Just to give a rough idea of what we'll be looking at in *sigh* 2008.

Oh and Wisey, the new list is... questionable. I realize the logic behind the AC support (Popular game, born to America on the GC, has 2 items, a song, and a stage) but are you honestly suggesting that due to one stage you're going to put A FLOATING HEAD on your list? That's just insane! I also see the inclusion of one Takamaru. WHAT!? Who is this person!? Like I have said many a time THE POLL MEANS LITTLE, honestly, the poll was just an: A. Publicity stunt, to make people excitied about the character possibilities and/or B. Consumer research. (BEcause in the end, it's the ones at the bottom [The one's people don't want that they'll look at.]) Honestly, do you think that a poll will totally alter the roster? Honestly, it was just a small poll, most likely it played a very, very small part in the decisions. I mean, just because, say, Geno gets high on the poll, but do you really think that that Nintendo will go to Square, fork over a crap load of dough for one character who was in one game made years ago as a secondary character who few recognise. It's the reason that they don't make new episodes of Star Trek. Loads of fans may love it, but it's just not profitable, so re-runs are what pays the bills. Same with the characters. You may love old inkcell animation, but more and more animated films are CG, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Same with the characters.

Speaking of the above mentioned Geno, I've noticed that he's still on the list. Why? I mean honestly, I would give you all of the money I have and mail it to you along with my dignity if Geno somehow gets in as a PC in Brawl. I'm dead serious. On another note, I've also noticed that Sheik's still there too I'd say Et tu, Brutus, but its just way too obvious for me to put out. The irony is nearly palpable, you turn from "I'd like to see Sheik in a lonely grave" to "Sheik's probably in", but I digress. There are enough ways for Sheik to not get in as much as her/she/it/potato to not get in, so I'll leave it as is.

Now that my little rant is finished I'll ask: "Am I the only one worried about the Waddle Dee move being dangerously similar to Olimar's possible moves?"

That's all.

'Nuff said.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Really, I have difficulty imagining two ******* in parka's being horror inspiring, no matter what, but that's just me.
To each his own. I'd find that frightening.

Well, well, well. Costumes, eh? Well, I have been pining for something like this for some time (How many pages back is beyond me) but I was thouroughly dissapointed with the lack of real changes in costume. The most drastic alteration in costume was Zelda's original suit or possibly Dark Link, why are there no alternate character costumes? C'mon, no Wolf? Although this gives a new hope for the Wolf fans, it gives me a bad feeling about the possibilities of more extravagant suits (Big Boss/Old Snake-Snake, Mr. L-Luigi etc.) However, this makes for a fairly mediocre update.
I totally agree. It's disappointing that there were no alternate costumes included, but alternate costumes and alternate colors are totally different animals. For all we know, they could be stored away for another update in the distant future.

Is it too much to ask for say, Olimar, or Ridley, or Midna, or WW Link, or... GAH! Why are you holding back Sakurai, WHY!? Yes, I know about the whole "Pushed back release date" thing, but honestly, some characters we know will get in, we just need one little update confirming it.
To Sakurai? Apparently, yes, it is too much to ask. But tell me, if you know these characters are going to be in, why are you so desperate for a confirmation?

By the way, if anyone went to E for All, just out of curiosity, did it show a number of slots shownon the screen? Just to give a rough idea of what we'll be looking at in *sigh* 2008.
I've seen videos of the select screen. It seems as though it was editted so that players were only shown an amount of spots that doesn't exceed the amount of characters updated on the Dojo, if that. It might have only featured enough spots for the characters that were made playable at the time.

Oh and Wisey, the new list is... questionable. I realize the logic behind the AC support (Popular game, born to America on the GC, has 2 items, a song, and a stage) but are you honestly suggesting that due to one stage you're going to put A FLOATING HEAD on your list? That's just insane! I also see the inclusion of one Takamaru. WHAT!? Who is this person!? Like I have said many a time THE POLL MEANS LITTLE, honestly, the poll was just an: A. Publicity stunt, to make people excitied about the character possibilities and/or B. Consumer research. (BEcause in the end, it's the ones at the bottom [The one's people don't want that they'll look at.]) Honestly, do you think that a poll will totally alter the roster? Honestly, it was just a small poll, most likely it played a very, very small part in the decisions.
I agree with you as far as Wise's list is concerned, but you put down the poll with utmost, and generally unfound, confidence. Judging by the newcomers we've seen thus far, the power of the poll is hard to deny. Now, before you start with the whole "Pokemon Trainer says 'Hai!?!?!!!'" nonsense, Red did score just behind Mewtwo on the Melee polls. It's very possible that Sakurai had initially planned to put Red in Melee but decided against it due to a lack of development time. All-in-all, I'd keep an eye on that poll if I were you, because that has been (so far) our most accurate reference to the new characters we've been getting.

I mean, just because, say, Geno gets high on the poll, but do you really think that that Nintendo will go to Square, fork over a crap load of dough for one character who was in one game made years ago as a secondary character who few recognise. It's the reason that they don't make new episodes of Star Trek. Loads of fans may love it, but it's just not profitable, so re-runs are what pays the bills. Same with the characters. You may love old inkcell animation, but more and more animated films are CG, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Same with the characters.
While I love your analogies, one of them doesn't really fit the argument, and the other actually plays against your point.

1) Re-runs are what pay the bills. Old characters are what pay the bills. Fans want nostalgia. They want old-school. They want something that reminds them of why they fell in love with video games. Geno does that. Master Chief does not.

2) Your 'animation' analogy does nothing to explain why the majority of characters in Smash Bros are from age-old franchises.

Speaking of the above mentioned Geno, I've noticed that he's still on the list. Why? I mean honestly, I would give you all of the money I have and mail it to you along with my dignity if Geno somehow gets in as a PC in Brawl. I'm dead serious. On another note, I've also noticed that Sheik's still there too I'd say Et tu, Brutus, but its just way too obvious for me to put out. The irony is nearly palpable, you turn from "I'd like to see Sheik in a lonely grave" to "Sheik's probably in", but I digress. There are enough ways for Sheik to not get in as much as her/she/it/potato to not get in, so I'll leave it as is.
Well, to keep this as short as possible, Geno's chances are no better or worse than Sheik's. Why nitpick?

Now that my little rant is finished I'll ask: "Am I the only one worried about the Waddle Dee move being dangerously similar to Olimar's possible moves?"
No more than someone would be concerned for Marth because Ike is in. Seriously, this isn't a Lucas vs. Ness situation. There's enough to draw off of to where Olimar can be his own character. Dedede chucking a Waddle Dee isn't going to change that.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
To each his own. I'd find that frightening.
So would I.

I totally agree. It's disappointing that there were no alternate costumes included, but alternate costumes and alternate colors are totally different animals. For all we know, they could be stored away for another update in the distant future.
Sakurai did call them color changes, not costumes. So real alternate costumes are still possible.

To Sakurai? Apparently, yes, it is too much to ask. But tell me, if you know these characters are going to be in, why are you so desperate for a confirmation?
I don't know about Numa, but I need certain characters confirmed so I can finally relax. If I actually get Brawl only to find out THEN, while playing it, that Ridley or Olimar AREN'T playable, my spleen would rupture through pure frustration, run for president of the United States, win, and then get the U.S. into war with Iran.

Well, to keep this as short as possible, Geno's chances are no better or worse than Sheik's. Why nitpick?
I dunno. Geno's fate rests on Squares desire to be represented by him. Can Square Enix really resist the temptation to cash in with a major, iconic character?
It seems to me that Geno's biggest strength is that it's just crazy enough to work.

No more than someone would be concerned for Marth because Ike is in. Seriously, this isn't a Lucas vs. Ness situation. There's enough to draw off of to where Olimar can be his own character. Dedede chucking a Waddle Dee isn't going to change that.
Agreed. Although I'd say that even Lucas and Ness isn't a Lucas vs. Ness situation, since even then Lucas has every standard move as unique to himself.
Plenty of anassuming characters in Melee share moves; it doesn't mean anything.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that everyone thinks that K. Rool's not getting in?! The DK series is the 4th-most money making series that Nintendo has, and Kirby, which is obviously lower, has three playable characters. Why, then, would DK not get three characters?

Edit: I didn't clarify that K. Rool is also the third most important character in the series by far. Dixie, who is probably the fourth most important, has only been in three games, while K. Rool has been in seven.

And I'm sorry, but Dr. Kawashima originated outside of video games, so he probably won't get in. It'd be cool if he got in though, though NOT before K. Rool.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
K. Rool is a horrible character though, who's basically a standard Bowser rip off. His main power is to throw his crown and play dress up. =/

Donkey Kong only needed Diddy to give it a good balance, in opposition to Kirby's three. Plus, Kirby is Sakurai's own series. Additionally, King Dedede was the most requested character, unlike K. Rool. (I'm also fairly sure that DK is lower than 4th by now)

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
I think K.Rool will be in brawl.
Mario=Bowser
Link=Ganondorf
Kirby=King Dedede
Pikachu=Mewtwo
Samus=Ridley

And DK needs his villian to be in brawl.
DK=K.Rool

K.ROOL FOR BRAWL!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Exactly that, confirmation. You see, perhaps I used the wrong word, I'm extremely confident that the characters will get in, so much that not conirming them is mocking me.

I agree with you as far as Wise's list is concerned, but you put down the poll with utmost, and generally unfound, confidence. Judging by the newcomers we've seen thus far, the power of the poll is hard to deny. Now, before you start with the whole "Pokemon Trainer says 'Hai!?!?!!!'" nonsense, Red did score just behind Mewtwo on the Melee polls. It's very possible that Sakurai had initially planned to put Red in Melee but decided against it due to a lack of development time. All-in-all, I'd keep an eye on that poll if I were you, because that has been (so far) our most accurate reference to the new characters we've been getting.
So far, yes, but as far as polls have gone in 'interactive' things such as these have turned out to be very, very low. Hey, I may be way off base, maybe I'm spot on, I'm no psychic, I'm just projecting at what might happen.

While I love your analogies, one of them doesn't really fit the argument, and the other actually plays against your point.

1) Re-runs are what pay the bills. Old characters are what pay the bills. Fans want nostalgia. They want old-school. They want something that reminds them of why they fell in love with video games. Geno does that. Master Chief does not.

2) Your 'animation' analogy does nothing to explain why the majority of characters in Smash Bros are from age-old franchises.
1) Again, maybe you didn't understand me, the episodes themselves are equal to characters. Re-runs are the equivallent of characters from the last smash bros game. Fans may want nostalgia, but not all. Think about the people who don't like these retro characters, it's a smaller horizon, and thusly, less fans. Add that to the fact that they'd have to pay major moolah to get Geno in when a small fraction recognise him, let alone know him are considerably small.

2) The retro-ness is kept, but the graphics, moves, heck, even style is changed, sometimes drastically. Same with the CG movies, they keep the animation, just putting it in 3-D, with a more modern flare. Listen, if half the customers don't know who Geno is than it's a mistake for a spot when they could rather have a character that is known by all (Like Olimar or Ridley etc.)

I agree. Both Geno and Sheik have incredibly slim chances, so we agree on that.

Phew, thanks, I was a little worried there. Now onto Oystie's comments:

OysterMeister said:
I don't know about Numa, but I need certain characters confirmed so I can finally relax. If I actually get Brawl only to find out THEN, while playing it, that Ridley or Olimar AREN'T playable, my spleen would rupture through pure frustration, run for president of the United States, win, and then get the U.S. into war with Iran.
Right behind you, except I'd use my evil plan I came up with that involves shhutting down the internet, dominating Russia, destroying worldwide communication, and making a clone army.

I dunno. Geno's fate rests on Squares desire to be represented by him. Can Square Enix really resist the temptation to cash in with a major, iconic character?
It seems to me that Geno's biggest strength is that it's just crazy enough to work.
Yeah, but don't you think that if Square wanted iconic-ness they'd use, say Cloud or Black Mage or something more, well, iconic.

Well, I guess that's

'Nuff said.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Yay! This thread has been brought back to it's classic walls of text!

Exactly that, confirmation. You see, perhaps I used the wrong word, I'm extremely confident that the characters will get in, so much that not conirming them is mocking me.
I understand. My bad.

So far, yes, but as far as polls have gone in 'interactive' things such as these have turned out to be very, very low. Hey, I may be way off base, maybe I'm spot on, I'm no psychic, I'm just projecting at what might happen.
Fair enough. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, hopes, and beliefs. ;)

1) Again, maybe you didn't understand me, the episodes themselves are equal to characters. Re-runs are the equivallent of characters from the last smash bros game. Fans may want nostalgia, but not all. Think about the people who don't like these retro characters, it's a smaller horizon, and thusly, less fans. Add that to the fact that they'd have to pay major moolah to get Geno in when a small fraction recognise him, let alone know him are considerably small.
Surely, but there are plenty of other characters in Smash Bros that would have never made it had 'popularity' been a big issue. Ice Climbers, Roy, and Doctor Mario (I know he's just Mario, but you have to admit that his inclusion was out of left field)?

Besides, fans that don't like nostalgia are getting plenty of new material.

2) The retro-ness is kept, but the graphics, moves, heck, even style is changed, sometimes drastically. Same with the CG movies, they keep the animation, just putting it in 3-D, with a more modern flare. Listen, if half the customers don't know who Geno is than it's a mistake for a spot when they could rather have a character that is known by all (Like Olimar or Ridley etc.)
But, with his game being released on the VC, customers have the potential to find out who he is. It's an open window for money to just fly out . . . and right into a Nintendo office building.

I agree. Both Geno and Sheik have incredibly slim chances, so we agree on that.
That's an opinion that I'll choose to ignore.

Phew, thanks, I was a little worried there.
Anytime. :chuckle:

Yeah, but don't you think that if Square wanted iconic-ness they'd use, say Cloud or Black Mage or something more, well, iconic.
It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice. It's not Square's choice.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
K. Rool is a horrible character though, who's basically a standard Bowser rip off. His main power is to throw his crown and play dress up. =/

Donkey Kong only needed Diddy to give it a good balance, in opposition to Kirby's three. Plus, Kirby is Sakurai's own series. Additionally, King Dedede was the most requested character, unlike K. Rool. (I'm also fairly sure that DK is lower than 4th by now)
The horrible character comment and balance comment are definetly opinionated. And about Kirby being Sakurai's own series, I've actually read that Sakurai is supposed to be a pretty humble person about putting his people into games, so he'll probably be more lenient about putting in characters from other games.

Also, although King Dedede was requested more in Sakurai's poll, K. Rool still got two votes, unlike many other characters that have made it in the past.

About the sales figures, the only ones I could find so far stated Donkey Kong as selling about the same amount of units as Legend of Zelda. Of course, they aren't exactly the newest sales figures, so I'm going to have to check more on that.

Overall, the arguements you made are not enough to keep K. Rool out of Brawl, considering he would add a badguy, a heavy-weight, and could have an interesting moveset. Heck, the fact that he could even have a moveset completely from his games (i.e. Not made up) gives him some reason to be in.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yay! This thread has been brought back to it's classic walls of text!
Ah, takes me back to the land of yore, when short quips were analyzed and repremanded and good conversations span far and wide. Ah, reminicing... Wait! Enough senility! To the quotes!

Surely, but there are plenty of other characters in Smash Bros that would have never made it had 'popularity' been a big issue. Ice Climbers, Roy, and Doctor Mario (I know he's just Mario, but you have to admit that his inclusion was out of left field)?

Exactly what I'm saying. Populairity means little if their going to pitch in "could've never seen it coming" or "WTF" characters than it just shows that, although the poll probably has some effect on the roster, it really boils down to Sakurai, *sigh* the fate of the roster lies in the hands of a man who will mindgame with us until we go nuts and become kleptopaths! I mean... forget what I just said!

And don't call me Shirley.

But, with his game being released on the VC, customers have the potential to find out who he is. It's an open window for money to just fly out . . . and right into a Nintendo office building.
Yeah, I think Sakurai's little "It's on the Virtual Console right now, you might want to check it out" kinda showed their intentions.

That's an opinion that I'll choose to ignore.
That's okay, hey, I'm not trying to sway anyone, just stating facts and giving my opinion.

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't really worry, I mean, Olimar's so likely that no one would be surprised if he was the next update.

It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice. It's not entirely Square's choice.
There's a more corporately correct version. Nintendo has quite a bit of say so, but Geno's owned by Square, trademark and all, so if Nintendo want's him they still need permission from Square, but Nintendo can definitely persuade them.

Meh, it seems this rant is dwindling.

'Nuff said.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
Krystal has better chances, since Sakurai has a predeliction for Women in his game. ZSS isan example. but... Sakurai's only Female character demonstrates that he wants the more... beautiful women in his game. while I'm not saying that I think krystal is beatiful.... i'll stop here... draw some conlusions.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess tomorrow we'll get another secret character, it's just about time. If it doesn't, then it'll be friday, I can't picture this week without a secret character coming out, that would be abusing.
I can. It seems like the updates are put in an order that will send the audience into higher highs and lower lows. I kind've agree that tomorrow or Friday may be a character, but I can totally see the updates knocking our expectations into the dirt, spitting on them, making us stop having high hopes, and then, once we're used to the stagnant supply of bland updates, giving us another massive surge of awesome deliciousness.
They've already done this, what... two, three times now?

Random positive reinforcement will keep you coming back for more.

So, my advice: expect to be eating some dirt. If you're already groveling, maybe that means it's already time to pick you back up.
Capt. oh capt where for art thou capt?

but seriously i need falcon to be confirmed soon
dirt. a deconfirm. the crushing of dreams. Grovel. Grovel so they can see us groveling and give us the deliciousness! eat the dirt! Stop hoping!
I said these things, what... two weeks ago? And we were already nearing the drought then?
I'm actually kinda surprised at this point. I've already said this offline a few times, but tonight is the night. It's been too long. Friday's post has to be it.

Or it doesn't- I don't stand by that if it's wrong. But if it's right, I'm a psychic and need to be praised.

Seriously though, I've gotten so bored with the posts I've stopped checking them daily. I might just stop altogether. For the sake of their hype they can't be letting this happen...

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace

Well, this is slightly bizzare, we say this yesterday and the next day guess who gets in as an AT? A japanese only character who no one in America would know of if it weren't for... you guessed it, Virtual console. Even Sakurai tips his hand by saying:

Sakurai said:
This title is currently available via the Virtual Console.
Well, looks like the VC characters are definitely being seriously considered, getting in to Brawl simply because of their VC use, however, Sakurai also said:

Sakurai said:
He rivals just about any main character. There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!
As you can see, he does take the 'user's' ideas into account, but quite clearly, they can't do miracles. I wouldn't be surprised to see say, Baloon Fighter in as an AT, seeing as Lil' Mac got in too. Although some characters who are third party retro characters who were only in one game that wasn't even his own game have the retro, third party, and estranged barriers to break through, so his chances are... particularly slim.

Yet I digress, so I'll merely wish you all a happy Thanksgiving, and I give thanks for the fact that Brawl will come out on Decemb- oh, wait.

'Nuff said.

Top Bottom