• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Elysium

Smash Lord
Todays update was awesome! If I hear anyone *****ing about this awersome update, I shall kill you.
:laugh: Thats awesome. I might sig that.
Meh. The last awesome update was stage builder in my humble opinion. Today's was kinda cool and all, but it didn't blow me away.

However, I can only assume that after three fairly lame-ish weeks that Monday will fairly earthshattering. Meaning: either Ridley or Olimar Krystal.
There you go Wise, you made a typo before but I fixed it. ;)

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wise didn't comment about my roster. T_T
You made a roster? I've kinda been swamped this week.*Looks back a couple pages*

So you did. Better late than never.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH Stupid Radiant Dawn final boss being all hard and stuff. I need to take out all this pent up aggresion...... I know, I'll make a 40 character roster and get into a heated debate with people who dissagree.

Mario Series: 4

Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser

comments: The idea of reps fails. Mario only needs these characters.

Zelda series: 4

Link
Zelda/Shiek
Ganondorf

comments: Same with Mario. reps fail and Zelda only need these characters

Fire Emblem: 2

Ike
Marth

comments: Micaiah PWNS but is too new.

D.K: 3

D.K
Diddy
K.Rool

comments: K.Rool is awesome and deserves to be playable and I'll take down anyone who don't agree.

Kirby: 3

Kirby
Meta
DeDeDe

comment: Just a gut feeling I have..

F-zero: 2

Falcon
Villain

comments: Pico, Deathborne or Black Shadow for the villain? It doesn't matter who as long as one of them is playable.

Pokemon: 5

Pikachu
Mewtwo
Trainer (squrtle, ivysaur, charizard)

comments: David Hayter did not reveal Jiggs and Lucario is an overrated cracker.

Metroid: 3

Samus/Zamus
Ridley

comments: I don't really care about Ridley but with music and a stage taken from his battles it's obvious he will be in the game SOMEHOW and as playable there won't be any riots of fanboys.

Star Fox: 3

Fox
Krystal
Wolf

comments: IT IS NOT A WOLF COSTUME FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! ANYONE WHO SAYS IT IS DESERVES TO BE ***** BY A LARGE MAN WITH TWO WEBBED FEET! FOX DOES NOT TURN GRAY WITH THE COSTUME AND EVEN IF IT IS A WOLF COSTUME MARIO HAS A LUIGI COSTUME SO STFU YOU NOOBS BEFORE I BEAT YOU ALL WITH A GIANT GUN SHAPED LIKE A BANANA!

Wherever the hell Lucas comes from: 2

Lucas
Who ever the hell this claus guy is

comments: Why the **** not?

Wario: 1

If I need to say it I'll smack you right in the face

comments: Fat characters FTW.

Yoshi: 1

comments: Must...........resist urge to............make perverted comments

Third party: 3

Snake
Sonic
Geno

comments: This game is for NINTENDO all stars. You people need to stop overdoing it with the third partys.

Others:4

Pit
IC'S
2 others?

comments: Look what you can do when you don't overcrowd big franchises with characters they don't need like Midna and Lucario. Extra spots that can be taken up with retros and smaller franchises.
I dunno Numa. The Zelda series hasn't exactly become LESS popular since Melee, so why would Sakurai reduce the number of playable characters? I mean, you gave the Mario series 5 (including Geno) and Pokemon 5 (if you count the 3 Trainer movesets) so I say throw at least one other Zelda character in there. Perhaps WW Link or Mid- ... er I mean Malo. Yeah, that's right.

Malo: hyrulian child or alien lifeform?

Also, I noticed that you've changed from a hardline "Pico is a shoe-in" to a more reasonable "Pico or some other F-Zero character" stance. I approve. ;)

For other Retro characters, I'd go with Takamaru and Sukupon. Lucas proved that Sakurai has zero chalms with Japanese only series in Brawl.

All in all, I like. 8.5/10

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Oh I agree with you, but I'm betting that the majority of the people on the board will be complaining about the absence of a character in 3+ weeks and all that. It could have always been worse than what we got.
Figuring that there's about 35-40 characters, and there's 60 weekdays left until Brawl...that's at least 60 more updates, and since we already have 23 characters that's at least 12 more updates for characters.

60+ updates left, so if we don't get a character every week, so what?

People seriously need to stop worrying. There's plenty of time left to reveal everything. Sheesh...

Elysium

Smash Lord
Figuring that there's about 35-40 characters, and there's 60 weekdays left until Brawl...that's at least 60 more updates, and since we already have 23 characters that's at least 12 more updates for characters.

People seriously need to stop worrying. There's plenty of time left to reveal everything. Sheesh...
Seriously QFT!
It's like people think the game comes out next week and we only have like half the roster. Chill people chill.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
You made a roster? I've kinda been swamped this week.*Looks back a couple pages*

So you did. Better late than never.

I dunno Numa. The Zelda series hasn't exactly become LESS popular since Melee, so why would Sakurai reduce the number of playable characters? I mean, you gave the Mario series 5 (including Geno) and Pokemon 5 (if you count the 3 Trainer movesets) so I say throw at least one other Zelda character in there. Perhaps WW Link or Mid- ... er I mean Malo. Yeah, that's right.

Malo: hyrulian child or alien lifeform?

Also, I noticed that you've changed from a hardline "Pico is a shoe-in" to a more reasonable "Pico or some other F-Zero character" stance. I approve. ;)

For other Retro characters, I'd go with Takamaru and Sukupon. Lucas proved that Sakurai has zero chalms with Japanese only series in Brawl.

All in all, I like. 8.5/10
You completely missed the point I was trying to prove. The idea of a series getting characters sinply because it's big is stupid. Someone like Midna should not be added because she is from Zelda. She is not special and should be judged on her merits as a character like everyone else. This is why I made that thread. Small franchises should get their important characters before big franchises get their extra characters.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman

Well, assuming that Sakurai IS going to reveal every character AND that he's going to do it slowly over the course of those 60 updates, that would mean he'd have to reveal one of those 12 characters every five updates, which is exactly one character a week.
So those people who DO expect Sakurai to reveal everything at a steady pace have some reason to start panicking.

But I highly doubt Sakurai is going to do that, as staggeringly awesome as a new character every week would be. I mean, some characters have to be kept secret, right? That's half the fun of unlocking them.

And Numa: I half agree with you. I do believe that major characters from minor series should have the advantage over minor characters from major series. But it could be argued that some yet-to-be-included Zelda characters ARE major. Perhaps not Midna, but the new, cartoony Young Link, for example, is pretty close to starting his own series-within-a-series.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
wiseguy u started off good with your daily predictions but now they seem a little off track. But hey no one expected 3 weeks without a new character!!!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
You completely missed the point I was trying to prove. The idea of a series getting characters sinply because it's big is stupid. Someone like Midna should not be added because she is from Zelda. She is not special and should be judged on her merits as a character like everyone else. This is why I made that thread. Small franchises should get their important characters before big franchises get their extra characters.
It's not that the Zelda series is "big". It's that it is by far Nintendo's most universally lovedand and critically aclaimed franchise. That counts for something. I'm not saying you must throw in a ton of additional Zelda characters in Brawl, but it seems crazy to REDUCE the number of reps.

Anyway, why does WW Link not qualify as an important characters? Phantom Hourglass is kind of popular. By that I mean it's the fastest selling Zelda ever.

@swim2007, sadly real life has a nasty habit of getting in the way of updating my thread regularily anymore. Hopefully that will change after exams.

Chepe

Smash Lord
lol people in denial about Hayter revealing Jiggs. In fact he did, here is the interview:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vmxj-cly1Dk

Watch at 2:51 and pay attention to the question and answer. He did this interview after doing all the English Snake recordings which included a codec for each character, which means he KNOWS ALL THE CHARACTERS IN BRAWL. Which means, he made a codec for JIGGLYPUFF. Which means, Jigglypuff IS IN BRAWL.

Dont you take her off your list, Wisey. ;)

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
It's not that the Zelda series is "big". It's that it is by far Nintendo's most universally lovedand and critically aclaimed franchise. That counts for something. I'm not saying you must throw in a ton of additional Zelda characters in Brawl, but it seems crazy to REDUCE the number of reps.
You missed my point AGAIN. SAKURAI IS NOT USING A REP SYSTEM! The idea that the franchises are having characters added and denied because of size or acclaim is idiotic and has no basis. Important characters should be added before smaller characters PERIOD!

Anyway, why does WW Link not qualify as an important characters? Phantom Hourglass is kind of popular. By that I mean it's the fastest selling Zelda ever.
STOP CALLING HIM WIND WAKER LINK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

The names Young Link or Cell shaded Link are acceptible but WW was not the only game with cell shaded graphics so stop acting like he is the ONLY cell shaded Link. Anyway the reason I did not add him was because I wanted to stay under the fourty character limit. I still think he can make it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
And they were never anywhere near good to begin with.

@ Numa - Settle down a bit, eh? It annoys me when people use that term for that character too, but just pointing out the foolishness of it won't get people to stop doing it, especially since its so widespread. Oh, and for the rep system, I'd like to point out Melee, which clearly indicates just such a situation (Mario and Zelda got the most reps, followed by Pokèmon, followed by Star Fox and Fire Emblem, followed by everything else). And, although its a smaller and more arguable sample, the original also had Mario and Pokèmon as the only two-character series.

Zevox

Devastlian

Smash Lord
Ya...but, even at four representatives, Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon would probably still have more than we could hope for for a good majority of the other franchises. I'd rather see additions to neglected franchises than the big ones get more-than-everybody-else-plus-one just because it had that many in the last game no matter what the extra characters' degrees of throwawayability are. Dr. Mario's removal wouldn't really create that much of a void beyond "OH NOES REP-1".

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Hmm seems like a pretty interesting and arguable list. I won't go into the details right now, because I'm tired, but I'll edit this post.

Arteen

Smash Lord
STOP CALLING HIM WIND WAKER LINK FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

The names Young Link or Cell shaded Link are acceptible but WW was not the only game with cell shaded graphics so stop acting like he is the ONLY cell shaded Link. Anyway the reason I did not add him was because I wanted to stay under the fourty character limit. I still think he can make it.
It's the art style for Link introduced in Wind Waker. Therefore, Wind Waker-style Link, or WW Link for short. There's nothing wrong with that. Deal with it.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
And they were never anywhere near good to begin with.

@ Numa - Settle down a bit, eh? It annoys me when people use that term for that character too, but just pointing out the foolishness of it won't get people to stop doing it, especially since its so widespread. Oh, and for the rep system, I'd like to point out Melee, which clearly indicates just such a situation (Mario and Zelda got the most reps, followed by Pokèmon, followed by Star Fox and Fire Emblem, followed by everything else). And, although its a smaller and more arguable sample, the original also had Mario and Pokèmon as the only two-character series.

Zevox
Is brawl melee? Are Nintendo execs pulling rank and screwing up Sakurai's vision this time? The anwser to both these questions is no, hence there will be no rep system for brawl.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
comments: Micaiah PWNS but is too new.
Exactly, and most Micaiah haters DON'T EVEN REALIZE THIS. They're too busy trying to counter the supposed rabidness of Micaiah fanboys by declaring "LOL BUT TEH SIGURD AND THE JUDGRAL ARC, TELLIUS IS REPRESENTED ENOUGH" business, which I feel doesn't matter. Now that I think about it, I feel the same way about Midna.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
I'll still call him Wind Waker Link, cause that is the Link that appears in 2 games, and he shouldn't use items from the Minish Cap or Four Swords Adventures when they're different characters.
The term WW Link counts for all the games he was in, which is why he will be called young link, like from melee, and I don't see why you think he wont use any moves from other games, maby using the four sword too become the four links could be his final smash

PS - I don't see anything wrong with calling him WW for now, because it gets your point arcross that you expect him to be the new Young Link, not saying he will acualy be called that.

Alex Tcp

Smash Journeyman
The only thing wrong with this list is that you went and said PREPARE TO BE AMAZED !! !! ! !, and yet any one could gone and did what you did, because you just listed the popular ones, I mean did anyone really guess that the Ice Climbers or Game & Watch would be in melee, and I'm sure Brawl will have some like that too (Pit), so just try too come up with something and don't worry about being wrong. :)

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
Yeah, but the typical argument is to not use or unlock them (if they are unlockable). A character getting in shouldn't prevent anyone from buying the game

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Wiseguy I want you to anwser this question truthfully. If the character you wanted most got in would you mind the character you hate most getting in?
Well, the only character I truly hate is Sheik - and I've resined myself to his/her/its/potatoe's return months ago. But yes, if my favorite got in (OLIMAR!) I would be content with whatever the final roster looked like.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
It's not a matter of picking that character or not, it's having that character there for, what? 6, 7 years and thinking that he got the spot of a character you wanted.
Yeah but you have to realize that you win some and you lose some. If your favorite doesn't get in you can't be angry about it forever, because you'll still have a great game with plenty of others to choose from. Not everyone can get in, and if the character you hate got in, there's obviously a reason and I guess you'd just have to live with it. Basically, there's no reason to cry over spilled milk.

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
Seems like a pretty reasonable list to me. The brain age guy and animal crossing villager.... I don't know, but they are entirely possible. Pretty good list.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Wiseguy I want you to anwser this question truthfully. If the character you wanted most got in would you mind the character you hate most getting in?
Midna, Krystal, and Micaiah all confirmed in exchange for Tingle confirmed...

I'd take it. Any one of those three would be worth the troll.

Top Bottom