• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Tatanga kidnapped Daisy in Super Mario Land for Game Boy. He returned again as one of Wario's henchmen in Super Mario Land 2. i think that was 1992....he hasn't been heard from since.
Sounds he's definitely Assist Trophy material. I have fond memories of Mario Land 2, but I don't remember him at all...

ANOTHER final smash? Seriously, when will this madness end? Just give us a newcomer!

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm all for Tatanga as an AT. I have fond memories of SML2 as well. That game was awesome. I just could never beat the game though; I could always make it to Wario's castle, but I would always die there. :(

As for today's update, it's probably the best one we've gotten in a while, even though it isn't much. I'm hoping for a character confirmation this week. My bet is on a veteran, specifically Captain Falcon or Sheik.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
People around here may think that America is the center of the universe, it seems. Are you forgetting that Smash Bros Brawl will be released on Japan on 24th January? We should have every newcomer posted by then. And that makes 47 update days, not 60+. And, seeing how things are going, I don't expect Sakurai to raise the newcomers update rythm, so chances are that we're not to see a lot more of them.

Updates lately are sucking as much as they could.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
People around here may think that America is the center of the universe, it seems. Are you forgetting that Smash Bros Brawl will be released on Japan on 24th January? We should have every newcomer posted by then. And that makes 47 update days, not 60+. And, seeing how things are going, I don't expect Sakurai to raise the newcomers update rythm, so chances are that we're not to see a lot more of them.

And I think that you guys are forgetting that Sakurai doesn't have to release all of the characters before the game comes out. He could simply release all the characters the day after the game comes out, or close to that like he did with melee.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Tatanga? The thought of the name drives my mind to a certain Pokemon character. Well, never mind that then.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
Just think though, Sakurai is getting all the boring crap out of the way to make room for the earth-shattering stuff!! I mean, once you see an update, thats it, you dont have to ever expect it again. So yeah, today's update wasnt all THAT hot, but the only other Ice Climbers info we can expect from him are special moves, and maybe even music for their stage and thats it. No more Ice Climbers stuff. Then onto what we really want to see...

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I think Sakurai isn't giving us a a new character update because he knows we are complaining about not having any in a couple weeks. Just you wait and see, when everyone in the world gives up hope he will surprise us with a huge update like playable Happy mask salesman.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Still kind of annoyed at the lack of new characters. if there isnt a new character by thanksgiving, it will be one whole month without a new character. oh, the suspense is KILLING me.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
he was the boss of the space zone.
he was in SML2 as space zone boss, AND was the final final boss on super mario land.
Some old games are sweet. Yes, probably an AT, though I won't give up hope...
Oh yes, he is my profile picture...wish he could be my avatar, but, oh well...
Ridley rox!
:eek:I remember now! I hate that guy. No matter how hard I tried, I could never beat that boss. Maybe if he were a Subspace Emisary boss, I could finally get mey revenge...

I think Sakurai isn't giving us a a new character update because he knows we are complaining about not having any in a couple weeks. Just you wait and see, when everyone in the world gives up hope he will surprise us with a huge update like playable Happy mask salesman.
Here is the Smash Boards Community on that day:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :chuckle: < Numa Dude

http://youtube.com/watch?v=29g57XTYgLE

Arteen

Smash Lord
Today's update was awesome. It confirmed an item we already knew about, a Pokemon that would obviously return, and a mode that's still exactly the same as the previous game. Awesome.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
At least these updates aren't as bad as they could be - the E4All information gathered by Smashboards crack team has barely appeared on there, and I'd say there's a lot of people out there who don't know about Gimpyfish's huge thread of info awesomeness; at least Sakurai's been avoiding updating any information that's been recorded (witnessed) in the demo...

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Today's update was awesome. It confirmed an item we already knew about, a Pokemon that would obviously return, and a mode that's still exactly the same as the previous game. Awesome.
Well, at least it was a double update, so we didn't waste two days on it. Also, it proves we may still get double updates, so Sakurai can't be stalling for time that badly.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
http://nsider2.com/forums/claus-support-threadand33-t54395.html&p=640759#entry640759
If that doesen't convince you to put claus then i'm not sure what will (It's my huge claus support thread.) Anyhow i REALLY Think you should put claus on , He's very likely at this point <______<.
Defenses..... weakening.... urge to edit list.... rising.....

Imagine Ridley is announced tomorrow!

xD

But yeah we need a character update soon.
That would be beyond awesome. Ridley would still make a SUPERB addition to Brawl. Even if some sof his fans can get a bit.... enthusiastic at times. :ohwell: Let's just leave it at that.

The sarcasm is strong with this one... ;)

Hmmmmm...
What if the he/she/it/potato didn't return, instead she transformed into Tetra?
Another idea-Shiek could be replaced by Impa, w/ same moveset and a new down special...
What do you think?
Zelda transforming into a different person is just awkward, no matter how you slice it. But I 100% support any kind of Sheik replacement. They make her transform into Tingle, for all I care. Just axe the potatoe.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day, is a traditional North American holiday to give thanks at the conclusion of the harvest season. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November in the United States and on the second Monday of October in Canada.

The earliest Thanksgiving events were held in the British Colonies, at present day Berkeley Plantation in Virginia in 1619 and at Plymouth in present day Massachusetts in 1621.

Am I missing something? I don't know of any Japanese connection to Thanksgiving.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
how bout for zelda's down b just a move set change? like she pulls her sowrd thing out of no where?
That would put a smile on my face. But it seems like alot od trouble just to add another swordfighter moveset. They aren't exactly in short supply..

Sakurai isn't an idiot. He most defenitley knows of at least the existence of one of the biggest American holidays and that would be the perfect time to reveal something big since most people will be off from work/school.
Sure. I don't disagree. I'm was just asking about Japan & Thanksgiving because I was curious. Honestly, that's all.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Everyone always says "I have a gut feeling we are getting a big announcement on ____" and when I say "No we aren't they don't recognize that over in Japan" the people just go "Well, Sakurai isn't stupid. He recognized American Holidays."

Big freaking deal. America isn't the top of the entire world. English is only one of the languages that he updates the site in, so why would he release something big on Thanksgiving? Seriously.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Everyone always says "I have a gut feeling we are getting a big announcement on ____" and when I say "No we aren't they don't recognize that over in Japan" the people just go "Well, Sakurai isn't stupid. He recognized American Holidays."

Big freaking deal. America isn't the top of the entire world. English is only one of the languages that he updates the site in, so why would he release something big on Thanksgiving? Seriously.
Maybe because of the HUGE amount of people that will be off of school/work?

Top Bottom