• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I dunno, I rather liked today's update. Yesm we all knew about this trophy from the Brawl demo impressions, but COME ON! Sin and Punishment is just too rad to not get a warm and fuzzy feeling to see it honoured in this way.

By the way: download Sin and Punishment. It's maybe the best game on Wii. No joke.

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
I said these things, what... two weeks ago? And we were already nearing the drought then?
I'm actually kinda surprised at this point. I've already said this offline a few times, but tonight is the night. It's been too long. Friday's post has to be it.

Or it doesn't- I don't stand by that if it's wrong. But if it's right, I'm a psychic and need to be praised.

Seriously though, I've gotten so bored with the posts I've stopped checking them daily. I might just stop altogether. For the sake of their hype they can't be letting this happen...
What is with everyone complaining about the updates? You should be glad you're getting daily updates at all, not whining about them. And besides, we ARE getting a variety of updates; AT's, stages, Game Modes, and more! You guys have to stop whining about not getting character updates and just be glad for what you're getting. Geez!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
What is with everyone complaining about the updates? You should be glad you're getting daily updates at all, not whining about them. And besides, we ARE getting a variety of updates; AT's, stages, Game Modes, and more! You guys have to stop whining about not getting character updates and just be glad for what you're getting. Geez!
The salesman is right. It could be worse, we could be getting another "You Must Recover!" or worse. We should be happy that we're getting all of this information, even if most of it is fairly dry.

Though I'm not saying that I wouldn't really, really, really like a new character update, because I really want that.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I remember when Brawl was first announced. There was a six month wait... and then we got that second gameplay trailer, which revealed (surprise, surprise) Fox.
Now that was some bad times right there. I would've been happy to get a napkin Sakurai had drooled on back then. Now, we get something new five days out of seven.

Besides, that color update was pretty cool. Black and white Zelda looks awesome.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
True, true. Though it is human nature to complain, the fact that we're getting daily unpdates at all is pretty awesome.

Also, can I have some insurance? ;)

Tonight WILL be a new character. It's a fact. My guess is that it will be Olimar, Ridley or Geno. But who? WHO?!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I wouldn't bet too much money on that, Wiseguy.

The Ice Climber's Final Smash was the character update of the week. What'll we get tonight? I don't know, but I know it won't be worth staying up for.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Tonight WILL be a new character. It's a fact. My guess is that it will be Olimar, Ridley or Geno. But who? WHO?!
Yeah, I really have to agree that it will be character day tomorrow, and it will be Geno. Why? So

A) I can be very happy and wake up smiling. :laugh:
B) The Official Geno Thread, and McFox, can dance and sing and have parties.
C) All the haters can finally shut up.

The Ice Climber's Final Smash was the character update of the week. What'll we get tonight? I don't know, but I know it won't be worth staying up for.
I'm pretty sure there can be more than one.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Of course there could be, but I just doubt it.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
True, true. Though it is human nature to complain, the fact that we're getting daily unpdates at all is pretty awesome.

Also, can I have some insurance? ;)

Not Geno. Olimar, hopefully, Ridley, possibly, and I reiterate: Not Geno.

I'll bet by life that it won't be Geno, heck, I'll through in all the money I own, heck, all the stuff I own! Geno has a 0.01*-10^9999999999999999999% chance of getting in Brawl, and that's being optimistic.

I mean honestly, if Nintendo is going to go to Square and fork out the dough for a character, why choose Geno over someone more important, like say Cloud, Sora, or the Black Mage? Now berfore some people jump to "He'd be cheaper than those characters" Let me say this: Do you really think that any company let alone Square would have a smaller price when they could have a bigger one? I mean c'mon!

To that: Geno is a practically unknown character, been in onlyone game that wasn't even his that he was a secondary character in that was made years ago. Would Nintendo really fork over all of that money just for some character that one small cult following remembers? I mean honestly, if we're going to have another third party character, let's be realistic: It'll probably be Bomberman, Megaman, or Simon Belmont. The chances for the estranged Geno are near zip. Face it. He's a has-been, even if Nintendo felt like Geno would be a good character it doesn't change the fact that PRACTICALLY NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS! if Nintendo is going to get another third party character don't you think the'd want more bang for their buck? Why buy a chicken nugget when you can get a roast turkey for the same price, if not less?

'Nuff said.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I wouldn't bet too much money on that, Wiseguy.

Maybe, but remember, Sonic's and Bowser's weeks had two character updates as well. So it would be silly to say it won't be just one character update.. However, I'll take your word of not staying up.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, edit's messed up.

Uchiha.Sanosuke said:
Yeah, I really have to agree that it will be character day tomorrow, and it will be Geno. Why? So

A) I can be very happy and wake up smiling.
B) The Official Geno Thread, and McFox, can dance and sing and have parties.
C) All the haters can finally shut up.
C'mon man, I've already given resons that Geno will most likely not get in Brawl, so I won't repeat myself, but honestly, can you show a little decorum and stop being so ignorant of fact? Giving selfish "facts" that are simply based on your wants and opinions is a waste of good space on this thread that could rather be used for intelligent discussion. At least I had the nobility to be able to tell the truth and give objective facts. Such as: I never, never said Geno wouldn't get in, I merely said that his chances are slim to practically zero, and I came to that conclusion on fact. If you want to make your opinions stated that's fine, heck, that's what a thread's for, but if you want to be taken seriously then put real facts to support your claim, if not you'll just be some regular old nut with a crazy dream, but if you use real information then you'll be credited with having a real point.

Listen, I'm sorry if I seem to be taking this too seriously, but I'm just way too sick and tired of all of this "Pro-Geno" stuff, when, if you put real logic to it, it turns out to be a simple pipe dream with very little basis besides the simple "He did well in the poll" statement, and I have said before: You can wish upon a star all you want, but it won't change anything. Half of the characters on the poll were rediculous, obviously slapped on for Sakurai's entertainment, like James Bond.

I'm just tired of people mistaking hope for fact and I'm here to sort out the crap.

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Not Geno. Olimar, hopefully, Ridley, possibly, and I reiterate: Not Geno.

I'll bet by life that it won't be Geno, heck, I'll through in all the money I own, heck, all the stuff I own! Geno has a 0.01*-10^9999999999999999999% chance of getting in Brawl, and that's being optimistic.

I mean honestly, if Nintendo is going to go to Square and fork out the dough for a character, why choose Geno over someone more important, like say Cloud, Sora, or the Black Mage? Now berfore some people jump to "He'd be cheaper than those characters" Let me say this: Do you really think that any company let alone Square would have a smaller price when they could have a bigger one? I mean c'mon!

To that: Geno is a practically unknown character, been in onlyone game that wasn't even his that he was a secondary character in that was made years ago. Would Nintendo really fork over all of that money just for some character that one small cult following remembers? I mean honestly, if we're going to have another third party character, let's be realistic: It'll probably be Bomberman, Megaman, or Simon Belmont. The chances for the estranged Geno are near zip. Face it. He's a has-been, even if Nintendo felt like Geno would be a good character it doesn't change the fact that PRACTICALLY NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS! if Nintendo is going to get another third party character don't you think the'd want more bang for their buck? Why buy a chicken nugget when you can get a roast turkey for the same price, if not less?

'Nuff said.
I'm saving that quote, just on the off chance that Geno IS revealed tonight! ;)

Insurance Salesman

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for the double post, edit's messed up.

C'mon man, I've already given resons that Geno will most likely not get in Brawl, so I won't repeat myself, but honestly, can you show a little decorum and stop being so ignorant of fact? Giving selfish "facts" that are simply based on your wants and opinions is a waste of good space on this thread that could rather be used for intelligent discussion. At least I had the nobility to be able to tell the truth and give objective facts. Such as: I never, never said Geno wouldn't get in, I merely said that his chances are slim to practically zero, and I came to that conclusion on fact. If you want to make your opinions stated that's fine, heck, that's what a thread's for, but if you want to be taken seriously then put real facts to support your claim, if not you'll just be some regular old nut with a crazy dream, but if you use real information then you'll be credited with having a real point.

Listen, I'm sorry if I seem to be taking this too seriously, but I'm just way too sick and tired of all of this "Pro-Geno" stuff, when, if you put real logic to it, it turns out to be a simple pipe dream with very little basis besides the simple "He did well in the poll" statement, and I have said before: You can wish upon a star all you want, but it won't change anything. Half of the characters on the poll were rediculous, obviously slapped on for Sakurai's entertainment, like James Bond.

I'm just tired of people mistaking hope for fact and I'm here to sort out the crap.

'Nuff said.
Actually, I agree with you. I don't believe some random Mario character from ten years ago should get in just because some people want him to. That's just stupid.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Actually, I agree with you. I don't believe some random Mario character from ten years ago should get in just because some people want him to. That's just stupid.
AH, but think of the reason WHY they want Geno in Brawl. True, he lacks importance as both a Mario and a Square rep - but he has a distinct personality and he would make an incredibly unique addition to the roster. I certainly wouldn't rule him out.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Wiseguy said:
I'm saving that quote, just on the off chance that Geno IS revealed tonight!
Yeah? Well I'l have both you know... Wait, that's it? I rant and you simply agree me? Woah. Uh... I'm at a lack of words. I made a good point and it got across.

Huh.

... Now I'm bored.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
CANCEL THAT! I've got a breaking newscast:

Wiseguy said:
AH, but think of the reason WHY they want Geno in Brawl. True, he lacks importance as both a Mario and a Square rep - but he has a distinct personality and he would make an incredibly unique addition to the roster. I certainly wouldn't rule him out.
I would. Sparkling personas does not a good chance make. I know tons of characters with all of the personality and pizazze that would make them an AWESOME addition to Brawl, but sadly, video games aren't made that way. Video games are focused on profit above all else, and if it's unlikely that they'll get in than they probably won't. Jade, Master Cheif, Sora, Rayman, all interesting characters with endless possibilities, but sadly, litle to no chance. All of those characters are interesting, why not slap them on the list rather than Geno? At least Rayman isn't a retro faux pas and has been in more than one game with Nintendo, why not replace Geno with him is personality is what you're going with?

As I said, it all boils down to profit, and if it don't get the dough, it's gotta go.

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
CANCEL THAT! I've got a breaking newscast:

I would. Sparkling personas does not a good chance make. I know tons of characters with all of the personality and pizazze that would make them an AWESOME addition to Brawl, but sadly, video games aren't made that way. Video games are focused on profit above all else, and if it's unlikely that they'll get in than they probably won't. Jade, Master Cheif, Sora, Rayman, all interesting characters with endless possibilities, but sadly, litle to no chance. All of those characters are interesting, why not slap them on the list rather than Geno? At least Rayman isn't a retro faux pas and has been in more than one game with Nintendo, why not replace Geno with him is personality is what you're going with?

As I said, it all boils down to profit, and if it don't get the dough, it's gotta go.

'Nuff said.
AH, but remember: Sakurai is not one of the suits devising ways of increasing Nintendo's bottom line. Sakurai is an artist who's concern is making the best game possible, and if including an obscure-yet-cool character like Geno fits into his vision of the best game possible, it will happen.

Take Ice Climbers for example: an obscure set of characters from an NES game that noone cares about, and hardley anyone had heard of. But they were an unique concept for a playable character, and they got in. Don't be shocked if something similar happens with Geno.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
AH, but remember: Sakurai is not one of the suits devising ways of increasing Nintendo's bottom line. Sakurai is an artist who's concern is making the best game possible, and if including an obscure-yet-cool character like Geno fits into his vision of the best game possible, it will happen.

Take Ice Climbers for example: an obscure set of characters from an NES game that noone cares about, and hardley anyone had heard of. But they were an unique concept for a playable character, and they got in. Don't be shocked if something similar happens with Geno.
AH, Sakurai may be an artist, but he's not stupid. I can realize how much hell that Nintendo must have went through to get Sonic in. You see, these third party characters are like ingredients to a pie, but the guys who supplied the ingredients want half the pie. Same with the games. Putting your character in a game would usually mean that you'd get rights and profits to the game, but having to share that with another company? Mayhem! Why would anyone want to heckle with Square for rights to your own game in order to get a character that just doesn't put out as much as say Megaman or Bomberman.

Like I've said before. There's no real, concrete reason that makes Geno better than say, Megaman or Bomberman. All of them are unique and full of pinache, but Geno is way les known, is less iconic, and really had his short glimpse in the spotlight long ago. If you put Geno in than I see no reason not to slap on Rayman or Banjo, all of them have been on a Nintendo console in a video game and are third party, but the main diffrence is that Rayman and Banjo are well known, Rayman being in a new, well-selling game (Raving Rabbids) and one being the third best selling game on the N64 (Behind Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time, surprisingly beating Super Mario 64) in 1999.

So why have Geno? Theres nothing that makes him any better than others that you don't put on your list. However, there are tons of reasons to not have him on the list, most of wich I have pointed out. If you look at this from an objective position and look at all of the facts you'll clearly see that Geno has one of the slimmest chances I've ever seen for a character that so many people keep hope in. To those people I say: If you look at the facts you will see that Geno's chances of getting inBrawl are about as slim as Pichu's return, and that's really saying something.

Oh, and Dr. K doesn't really have a good chance either, neither does Takamaru, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

'Nuff said, and Happy Thanksgiving.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
AH, Sakurai may be an artist, but he's not stupid. I can realize how much hell that Nintendo must have went through to get Sonic in. You see, these third party characters are like ingredients to a pie, but the guys who supplied the ingredients want half the pie. Same with the games. Putting your character in a game would usually mean that you'd get rights and profits to the game, but having to share that with another company? Mayhem! Why would anyone want to heckle with Square for rights to your own game in order to get a character that just doesn't put out as much as say Megaman or Bomberman.
I'll buy what you're selling, Jimmy, if you can prove that Sega got a slive of the Brawl pie for including Sonic. My perspective is that they likely let Nintendo include Soinc in their game because they were premitted to include Mario in one of THEIR games:

Just like they let Square Enix make their own Mario game:

So, with Square and Nintendo being so chummy, I seriously doubt that they were without the rights to a dead, forgotten character like Geno. Unlike Mega and Bomber, Geno isn't exactly a valuable character. His rights could likely be obtained far easier than a character ho actually matters. The fact that they allowed Nintendo to put Geno in Mario: Superstar Saga (without demanding a slice of that pie) is proof of this.

Like I've said before. There's no real, concrete reason that makes Geno better than say, Megaman or Bomberman. All of them are unique and full of pinache, but Geno is way les known, is less iconic, and really had his short glimpse in the spotlight long ago. If you put Geno in than I see no reason not to slap on Rayman or Banjo, all of them have been on a Nintendo console in a video game and are third party, but the main diffrence is that Rayman and Banjo are well known, Rayman being in a new, well-selling game (Raving Rabbids) and one being the third best selling game on the N64 (Behind Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time, surprisingly beating Super Mario 64) in 1999.

So why have Geno? Theres nothing that makes him any better than others that you don't put on your list. However, there are tons of reasons to not have him on the list, most of wich I have pointed out. If you look at this from an objective position and look at all of the facts you'll clearly see that Geno has one of the slimmest chances I've ever seen for a character that so many people keep hope in. To those people I say: If you look at the facts you will see that Geno's chances of getting inBrawl are about as slim as Pichu's return, and that's really saying something.
There is only one reason why Sakurai would include Geno: if he wanted to. Geno isn't significant at all to gaming and he lacks any real fanbase (outside the SWF community) so his only hope is if Sakurai includes him on a whim as a WTF character. Will he do that? Who knows - certainly not me. But it IS a possibility.

Oh, and Dr. K doesn't really have a good chance either, neither does Takamaru, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

'Nuff said, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Crazy Yanks, celebrating Thanksgiving in the middle of Novemeber...

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
hey wise if mario basketball is gonna work the same way as m&s at the olymipics then it would make more sense have black mage in brawl then geno.
I wouldn't be surprised. It depends on which one Sakurai deems worthy.

You typed that like the game isn't out yet. That game has been out for about 1-3 years..
Mario Basketball? That came out exactly one year ago.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
You know, that is a comparison I didn't think about.

I caught the "Let's trade a Mario appearance for a Sonic one." a few months ago.

But the "Let's trade a Square appearance for a Mario one." completely escaped me. And what even makes it plausible is the fact that the Mario game in question was released after Brawl was announced.

I'm still neutral on Geno's inclusion (not enough evidence either way to make a logical conclusion), but I can see how this might sway someone.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Si, in honor of Thanksgiving, I am thankful for the updates at all.

"Complaining" and "whining" is human nature though. We've been conditioned with character updates every week and a half or so. We're nearing a month without one now though.
(sigh) Wouldn't it be nice if we didn't expect these things though, and we could always be happy about them... life would all in all be better really, without expectations caused by conditioning.
I'm totally offended you claim I was "whining", but there's probably no way to say that without whining about it. :)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz! Lucas's Final Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaash! Not A Character!!!!!!!! They Still Have Stovepipe Dk!!!!

...on the subject of random characters, HERE'S 1 that won't get in...Mahatma Gandhi from Civ 4.
My ears, they burn with the n00bieness that is emminating from this quote, but it does make a valid point.

Gandi wouldn't et in because of the name being exactly like the more famous pacifist, Mahatma Gandhi, and it could cause some legal issues, besides, I'm not for who won't be in Brawl, I'm for fixing this list and pruning it of the near impossible.

Speaking of which, guess who just got confirmed it's Gen- Oh, wait. It wasn't Geno. I can't say I'm surprised, his chances are so low that his possibility of getting in is equal to that of Banjo, if not less. I kid you not.

If you're not going to remove him from the list, at least fix his chances to "Near Impossible".

Wiseguy said:
I'll buy what you're selling, Jimmy, if you can prove that Sega got a slive of the Brawl pie for including Sonic. My perspective is that they likely let Nintendo include Soinc in their game because they were premitted to include Mario in one of THEIR games:

Just like they let Square Enix make their own Mario game:

So, with Square and Nintendo being so chummy, I seriously doubt that they were without the rights to a dead, forgotten character like Geno. Unlike Mega and Bomber, Geno isn't exactly a valuable character. His rights could likely be obtained far easier than a character ho actually matters. The fact that they allowed Nintendo to put Geno in Mario: Superstar Saga (without demanding a slice of that pie) is proof of this.
Chummy? One deal does not chummy make. Honestly, does Diddy Kong Racing DS, Banjo Pilot, or Gruntie's Revenge mean that Rare, despite working for Microsoft, is still chummy with Nintendo? Possibly, but that doesn't mean that Banjo's getting in Brawl. Listen, Handheld games are Nintendo's turf, let's face it, the PSP is not the best handhaled out there, and if you wanted to make a game on there you'd practically have to go through all the work to make a console game with less profit. So nearly everyone makes one of the Nintendo handhelds. Yeah, there could have been a FF for the PSP, I mean, Sony owns Square, right? But clearly Square ssaw it easier to just leech off of some Mario game, slap on some FF characters and watch the money roll in.

Besides, if Square was in a Mario game, don't you think that Square would want Mario in a Square game, not the other way around?

But seriously, even if on the offhand chance that Nintendo does talk to Square, then wouldn't you think that they'd want to give a more modern, popular character?I mean, if people see Geno they get interested and go get SMRPG, most likely from the VC. If they put in, say, Cloud people get interested and go buy the FF series, which means much more profit to both Nintendo and Square. Look at it this way: Someone sees an IGN report on SSBB. They hear about Geno. Most people will say "Who the heck's that?", but if somewone more popular got the spot like say Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Cloud, the Black Mage, Moogle, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, or Banjo then the person says "Woah! I need to get that game!"

Not putting Geno in just saves and gets more money for Nintendo.

There is only one reason why Sakurai would include Geno: if he wanted to. Geno isn't significant at all to gaming and he lacks any real fanbase (outside the SWF community) so his only hope is if Sakurai includes him on a whim as a WTF character. Will he do that? Who knows - certainly not me. But it IS a possibility.
As one wise man once told me: "It doesn't matter how much the wind blows, the mountain will never bow." Sakurai may be in head of the corporation, but he has the higher-upss that will tell him what to do and what not to do especially when it'd come down to transactions with other companies. He also has a budjet and good common sense. He knows that if he tries to get Geno he wastes more money with a lower payoff. So what does he do? He choses not to put Geno in! I don't see why people think that Sakurai is in love with Geno beyond reason? Sakurai put him on the poll. So what? He also put Banjo, James Bond, and Waluigi on the list. Is hwe in love with them too?

Until I see rock hard evidence that Geno would be a better choice than a more profitable character, than I'm not changing my mind.

You're right, there is a possibility. Then again, it's a possibility that Master Cheif will get in. There's also a possibility that Sakurai will inexplicably burst into flames just as he's updating the site. There's also a possibility that the entire roster will be comprised of Pichu. All of these possibilities are really, really, really, really unlikely, however they're still possible.

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Chummy? One deal does not chummy make. Honestly, does Diddy Kong Racing DS, Banjo Pilot, or Gruntie's Revenge mean that Rare, despite working for Microsoft, is still chummy with Nintendo? Possibly, but that doesn't mean that Banjo's getting in Brawl. Listen, Handheld games are Nintendo's turf, let's face it, the PSP is not the best handhaled out there, and if you wanted to make a game on there you'd practically have to go through all the work to make a console game with less profit. So nearly everyone makes one of the Nintendo handhelds. Yeah, there could have been a FF for the PSP, I mean, Sony owns Square, right? But clearly Square ssaw it easier to just leech off of some Mario game, slap on some FF characters and watch the money roll in.
Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy. Sony does NOT own Square. Not even a little. They make games for both systems. In fact, lately, they have been making a lot MORE games for Nintendo systems than square systems.

Do you know what Squares most popular, most profitable franchise in Japan is? Final Fantasy? Kingdom Hearts? No, it's Dragon Quest. In Japan, that series is like Halo 3, GTA and Smash Bros combined. It's their biggest money maker. And since the PS1 days, it's always come out for Playsation consoles. Know what system the next instalment of the DQ franchise is coming to? Not the PS3 (which everyone expected) but the DS! Sony has been pulling it's hair out ever since, having lost one of it's biggest third party franchises to Nintendo.

Combine this with all the Square games coming to Wii and DS and it's pretty clear that the two companies are tight.

Besides, if Square was in a Mario game, don't you think that Square would want Mario in a Square game, not the other way around?
Mario Basketball is a Square game. It was made by Square. And it has mario in in (in additon to Final Fantasy characters). Am I missing something?

But seriously, even if on the offhand chance that Nintendo does talk to Square, then wouldn't you think that they'd want to give a more modern, popular character?I mean, if people see Geno they get interested and go get SMRPG, most likely from the VC. If they put in, say, Cloud people get interested and go buy the FF series, which means much more profit to both Nintendo and Square. Look at it this way: Someone sees an IGN report on SSBB. They hear about Geno. Most people will say "Who the heck's that?", but if somewone more popular got the spot like say Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, Cloud, the Black Mage, Moogle, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, or Banjo then the person says "Woah! I need to get that game!"

Not putting Geno in just saves and gets more money for Nintendo.
You see, while a character like Cloud is actually worth something (and by "something" I mean alot of money) Geno is the 3rd party equiviliant of gum on the sidewalk. No one cares about Geno currently, not Square and certainly not Nintendo. He's a dead character.

For that reason, it would be cake for Sakurai to get his hands on the rights to the character IF he wanted to. The makers of Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga were given permission to include the character in their game, and I doubt they had to give their first bron children to Square.

As one wise man once told me: "It doesn't matter how much the wind blows, the mountain will never bow." Sakurai may be in head of the corporation, but he has the higher-upss that will tell him what to do and what not to do especially when it'd come down to transactions with other companies. He also has a budjet and good common sense. He knows that if he tries to get Geno he wastes more money with a lower payoff. So what does he do? He choses not to put Geno in! I don't see why people think that Sakurai is in love with Geno beyond reason? Sakurai put him on the poll. So what? He also put Banjo, James Bond, and Waluigi on the list. Is hwe in love with them too?

Until I see rock hard evidence that Geno would be a better choice than a more profitable character, than I'm not changing my mind.

You're right, there is a possibility. Then again, it's a possibility that Master Cheif will get in. There's also a possibility that Sakurai will inexplicably burst into flames just as he's updating the site. There's also a possibility that the entire roster will be comprised of Pichu. All of these possibilities are really, really, really, really unlikely, however they're still possible.

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said.
Sakurai is not the head of a corporation, he the head of a game studio. That means he has considerable power over what goes into the game, but his primary concern isn't profit - it's quality. Hense, unless his bosses have something personal against Geno, he can and will include him if he wants to. Not because he's well known (becuase he isn't) but because he may find the character itself appealing (much like he did with the Ice Climbers).

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
This list is still lacking claus D: ? Sakurai has finally pinned the final nail in the coffin with PK Starstorm (Which was pretty much one of the LAST Attacks that ness or any other pk user for the matter could take.) And he has lots of interest in putting Claus onto the roster and likes Mother 3 more (+ Everything else i have mentioned earlier.) This list is STILL Lacking him D: Anyhow still a nice list through :p But you need to add claus , Let me say it again:
You NEED To add claus :p.

Top Bottom