• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
well, if its a character update, I do hope its Krystal. Ridley would be the only acceptable consolation if its not Krystal. I actually hope the next character update isn't a veteran, I think its more exciting to see newcomers...

at this point, I would be disappointed to see another lame item update or a how to play one. You notice that none of the veterans who were previously clones in Melee have been revealed for Brawl? i wonder if that means that those characters are being worked on the most...

Arteen

Smash Lord
You notice that none of the veterans who were previously clones in Melee have been revealed for Brawl? i wonder if that means that those characters are being worked on the most...
I think it's more that only veterans who were always starters have been revealed so far. We haven't gotten one previously unlockable veteran yet (including Captain Falcon). Clones all just happened to be unlockable too.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Radiant Dawn and let me tell you all right now. It PWNS harder than a party where Chuck Norris and Mr.T get drunk and make out. A little advice for anyone planning to get this game. Nolan+Hand axe=instant pain for the enemy.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

wiseguy here is another one(not my pic)
That rocks all kinds of awesome! Good find. I may have been wrong about last night, but I'd be shocked if we didn't see a newcomer this week.

I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Radiant Dawn and let me tell you all right now. It PWNS harder than a party where Chuck Norris and Mr.T get drunk and make out. A little advice for anyone planning to get this game. Nolan+Hand axe=instant pain for the enemy.
Sweet! I love PoR so its great to hear that the sequel owns just as much. I'm looking forward to this game more than Galaxy.

EDIT: Oh yeah. Gray Fox is the greatest AT of all time.

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess tomorrow we'll get another secret character, it's just about time. If it doesn't, then it'll be friday, I can't picture this week without a secret character coming out, that would be abusing.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
i'm sorry but with more and more character updates that proved you wrong wiseguy, i'm thinking your list is going to the dogs. your list changes faster than the weather in south bend indiana. i probably agree with half of your list now.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Where did he say there was gonna be 40 characters?
I believe 40 was the number that Sakurai wanted in Brawl. Now with the Perfection program underway, it's not unreasonable imo
i'm sorry but with more and more character updates that proved you wrong wiseguy, i'm thinking your list is going to the dogs. your list changes faster than the weather in south bend indiana. i probably agree with half of your list now.
His list isn't bad.... there are just some..... Oddities that need to be taken care of.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Forget the 40 characters thing: if Sakurai plans on releasing all of the characters before the game comes out (very likely, he already ruined Sonic and Snake, two big names that you'd think he wouldn't tell us if he were keeping some characters secrets), he needs to have more character updates, fast. Especially since the crowd seems to want an average of 35-50 players in this game.

How cool would it be to have a character update week? For 5 straight days, all Sakurai does is announce a new character? That'd make my life.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
I believe 40 was the number that Sakurai wanted in Brawl. Now with the Perfection program underway, it's not unreasonable imo

His list isn't bad.... there are just some..... Oddities that need to be taken care of.
yeah i know, but his always changes and right now it has a lot of characters who probably won't make it. what bugged me about his first list was no ice climbers and they're in. he also had little mac as being a character. WTF? and now little mac is an AT. his list bugs me. i guarantee it will change again in a month or so. he should just stick with his opinion (which i disagree with) and stop changing so much.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Forget the 40 characters thing: if Sakurai plans on releasing all of the characters before the game comes out (very likely, he already ruined Sonic and Snake, two big names that you'd think he wouldn't tell us if he were keeping some characters secrets)...
If anything, I'd expect Sakurai/Nintendo to announce all of the guest characters beforehand. Third-party companies would want their characters acknowledged before the game's initial release. Besides, the relevant third party companies would necessarily have to be acknowledged (for copyright reasons) that they contributed to the game, so we would more-or-less know who's in from that.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess tomorrow we'll get another secret character, it's just about time. If it doesn't, then it'll be friday, I can't picture this week without a secret character coming out, that would be abusing.
I can. It seems like the updates are put in an order that will send the audience into higher highs and lower lows. I kind've agree that tomorrow or Friday may be a character, but I can totally see the updates knocking our expectations into the dirt, spitting on them, making us stop having high hopes, and then, once we're used to the stagnant supply of bland updates, giving us another massive surge of awesome deliciousness.
They've already done this, what... two, three times now?

Random positive reinforcement will keep you coming back for more.

So, my advice: expect to be eating some dirt. If you're already groveling, maybe that means it's already time to pick you back up.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
:( Man... Gray Fox as an AT depresses me. I mean, I saw it coming... but then Sakurai had to be a douche and say, "Makes you want him to be a playable character, doesn't it?" :mad: D-bag...
Urge.... to kill... Sakurai.... RISING....
Stay thy wrath, mighty Odin. At least until Ridley is revealed in the next day or two.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes wonder about that character updates...
I'm unsure if Sakurai really intends to reveal every character. Or at least, if he intends to release every character steadily one at a time between now and February. I'm thinking he might just reveal the roster in one big chunk within a day or two of the release date, like he did with Melee.
Still, I agree that we're way overdue for a character update, or at least a veteran confirmation, and Sakurai already blew his music update, item update, how-to-play update, and subspace emissary update for the week, so odds are good we'll get something good before the week is out.

Personally, I kinda want to see Lucas' moves. It's been way too long with only a few images and a magazine picture of him holding a snake to go off of.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
personally, i think now that were getting the grey fox as an assist trophy means nothing for other third party assist trophies. its not like sakurai had to strike a bargain here, he's doing Kojima a favor. and i think it would be a wast if he struggled to get the rights, to say, tails, and then demoted him to assist trophy. i think that they're either going to be playable or not included, Metal Gear breaking the rule for previously stated reasons.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Well, considering there's also a metal gear stage and metal gear music, I'd say that Sakurai probably got rights to the Metal gear series as a whole, rather than on a character by character basis. So I assume Grey Fox came with the Metal Gear property, and Sakurai didn't have to special order him.
I'd assume this is the case for the other third party characters as well. Rather than get the rights for Sonic, and then the rights to music from the sonic series, and then the rights to a setting in the sonic series to create a stage, Sakurai probably was given the rights to the series as a whole.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry to bring up Marth again, but seriously, add him.

If Ike was supposed to be Marth's replacement, Sakurai would have gone right out and stated it like with Lucas.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I sometimes wonder about that character updates...

Personally, I kinda want to see Lucas' moves. It's been way too long with only a few images and a magazine picture of him holding a snake to go off of.
Psychic!!
Quick, someone capture Oystermeister and force him to tell me
when
I'll be loved. :/

Probably no one else will think that's funny
but that's because you don't know that I'm... um... something else.
Satan.

(shrug) might as well tell. no one would believe me even if I told them and said no one will believe me even if I told them and said no one would believe me even if I told them and said no one would believe. fools.

[Actually I'm just self-deprecating.]
[This was a stupid comment. I know.]

Capt. oh capt where for art thou capt?

but seriously i need falcon to be confirmed soon
dirt. a deconfirm. the crushing of dreams. Grovel. Grovel so they can see us groveling and give us the deliciousness! eat the dirt! Stop hoping!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm sorry to bring up Marth again, but seriously, add him.

If Ike was supposed to be Marth's replacement, Sakurai would have gone right out and stated it like with Lucas.
Beleive it or not, I have been considering it. But with Takamaru still having a decent shot of appearing as a Marth replacement there is still a chance of a Ness-style deconfirmation.

*Moment of silence in memory of the fallen PK master*

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

FE radiant dawn is hard as hell! I'm stuck on a mission where you have to defend for FIFTEEN TURNS THEN DEFEAT A FREAKING BOSS! The fact that I'm ridiculously outnumbered doesn't help.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

FE radiant dawn is hard as hell! I'm stuck on a mission where you have to defend for FIFTEEN TURNS THEN DEFEAT A FREAKING BOSS! The fact that I'm ridiculously outnumbered doesn't help.
In any Fire Emblem game....you are always outnumbered.:(

replay the chapter if one of your units die...IT IS FREAKING HARD ****!!:mad:

Zevox

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Based on what the rest of us are seeing, they did a little switch with the difficulties in bringing Radiant Dawn to the US. Our easy is the Japanese normal mode, out normal the Japanese hard, and our hard the Japanese maniac. They cut the Japnese easy mode out entirely. So yeah, its going to be a difficult game if you go above easy difficulty.

Zevox

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Based on what the rest of us are seeing, they did a little switch with the difficulties in bringing Radiant Dawn to the US. Our easy is the Japanese normal mode, out normal the Japanese hard, and our hard the Japanese maniac. They cut the Japnese easy mode out entirely. So yeah, its going to be a difficult game if you go above easy difficulty.

Zevox
Yay. We finally get to play a FE game that is relatively hard. Although on Hard (Japanese maniac) they allow all of your units to promote to 3rd tier and remove the premotion item requirment.:)

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
So long Ness indeed. It's sad to see him go, being that he was a part of the original 12. But his memory will live on in our hearts. Ness will not be forgotten.

Top Bottom