• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
watch the video man. david hayter is asked which character he wants to pummel "FROM BRAWL" and he says pikachu or jigglypuff. even mario.
Once again, this might have simply been presumption. I honestly presume Jiggs is going to be in, and yeah, I'd like to pummel him in Brawl too, but confirmation this does not make.

KingDedede

Smash Rookie
If Snake is to have a codec conversation for every or most characters in the game, then the voice actor would probably know some of the characters through the work he's done. Of course it's possible that not every character has one ...

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
NO CLONES FOOS! YA, suck it! :p

3./32 Roy: Okay, I know Ike is really heavy, and the Black Knight is probably heavier. I doubt the Black Knight could be playable at this point, Miciah looks lame, and Roy is somewhere inbetween weights of both Ike and Marth-he is the next best CHOICE! Seriously, he should be in, no doubt. After all, he needs his good old fashion revenge, is a favorite in casual play (I love me some n00bs now), etc.
You said no clones, and yet you put in Roy... :/

And the paragraph above was horribly stupid. Hmm... LAWL I SEZ EVERYONE ELSE IS LAME, LET'S PUT IN ROY! *facepalm*

And Balloon fighter = not happening. I don't see it. Like Sukapon his chances were shot pre-Melee.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
You said no clones, and yet you put in Roy... :/

And the paragraph above was horribly stupid. Hmm... LAWL I SEZ EVERYONE ELSE IS LAME, LET'S PUT IN ROY! *facepalm*

And Balloon fighter = not happening. I don't see it. Like Sukapon his chances were shot pre-Melee.
I agree that The Anti-Clone Pro-Roy paradox is contradictory and idiotic but I just need to intervene on the Baloon Fighter topic. You see Baloon Fighter's chances are actually higher than you think, Sakurai mentioned an interest in the character and the new focus on multiple jump characters that aren't pink puffballs give new hope for Balloon Fighter and he, like Ike and Snake, were wanted in Melee but were opted out due to time constraints. He has a good fighting (Pardon the pun) chance.

At least a better chance than Ashley. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of my system.

'Nuff said.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I agree that The Anti-Clone Pro-Roy paradox is contradictory and idiotic but I just need to intervene on the Baloon Fighter topic. You see Baloon Fighter's chances are actually higher than you think, Sakurai mentioned an interest in the character and the new focus on multiple jump characters that aren't pink puffballs give new hope for Balloon Fighter and he, like Ike and Snake, were wanted in Melee but were opted out due to time constraints. He has a good fighting (Pardon the pun) chance.

At least a better chance than Ashley. Sorry, just wanted to get that out of my system.

'Nuff said.
Ike wasn't even created when melee came out...

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to wonder if Wiseguy purposely places controverial characters into his list simply to keep people arguing (and the thread going) or if he really does want Dr. Kawashima and Midna.
Probably both.

What can I say though? I've gotten used to the way things work on these boards and the way arguments have played out has gotten less appealing. It seems like everyone has heard all the pros and cons of nearly every character over and over, and the only reason to bring them back up is to stifle the cries of those that haven't been here long enough to know, or people who refuse to accept valid arguments that don't help their position.

It's like... I have protests with the list, but whyyy, why even try? Isn't this a horrendous waste of time, attempting to bring someone to the same conclusion as yourself when neither of you matter at all in the actualization of the product?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I'm starting to wonder if Wiseguy purposely places controverial characters into his list simply to keep people arguing (and the thread going) or if he really does want Dr. Kawashima and Midna.
Midna's not controversial. Unlike Dr. K, Midna is more likely to be in the game than she isn't.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Midna's not controversial. Unlike Dr. K, Midna is more likely to be in the game than she isn't.
And thus the controversy, because I disagree. For all the reasons you've probably already heard.
And you think she'll be in, for all the reasons I'm already aware of.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
todasy update was unspectable.Rayquaza a SE boss?
Not judging by the way Fox handed him his *** so easily.

Anyways, a thought just occurred to me.

Where'd DK go? Diddy and DK get separated before/during/after the Bowser fight?

Bowser/DK team?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! NOT ENOUGH ANSWERS!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I presume that the Bowser bit would be another split path where you either fight Bowser as Diddy or Donkey Kong...

Also I REALLY don't want Midna in either... I am prepared to die fighting that cause.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Why not Midna? We have TP Link, Zelda... if they are using so much from Twilight Princess why not add THE Twilight Princess herself?
It is the latest game in the series... but just because she is from the (Well second newest now) game doesn't mean that she can have the honors of being in Smash... I mean we will be playing this game until the end of the Wii... do you really want Midna a boring one time only character there?

I mean Tingle, Vaati and Skull Kid all would be better... and WW Link of course.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
It is the latest game in the series... but just because she is from the (Well second newest now) game doesn't mean that she can have the honors of being in Smash... I mean we will be playing this game until the end of the Wii... do you really want Midna a boring one time only character there?

I mean Tingle, Vaati and Skull Kid all would be better... and WW Link of course.
Prove that she's a "one time only character" and we'll talk.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Complete the game.
Think.

Then come back to me.
The game tells me that Midna is going to come back, somehow.

You know why? Because she is a more developed character than Link. Why put that much effort into a character you're going to use for one game?

Midna will return one day.

On a side note: FIVE MORE POSTS!

I need to think how I'm going to use post 1,000.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman

Though I agree that Skull Kid would be the best choice for a Zelda newcomer, I'm gonna go ahead and defend Midna by saying Sheik, at the time of Melee, only appeared in the then 2nd latest game in the series (3rd if the Oracle games came before Melee, I forget :p). And Sheik wasn't developed that much at all, just appearing here and there to teach you a song than BAM! Turns out it was Zelda cross-dressing this whole time.

If a "one time only character" like Sheik can get in, so can Midna.

(DISCLAIMER: I am not for or against Midna in Brawl. The only Zelda newcomer I really "want" is Skull Kid, but since I know that won't happen I'll be fine with just the Triforce trinity.)

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
i just saw the video with star fox, diddy and rayquaza.

DUDE! RAYQUAZA GOT POWNED!

they did very good on making rayquaza for this game. i can't wait to see what others plans they have in store for pokemon. i also can't wait to see whaqt character will be revealed this week. im hoping for Ridley, olimar, Micaiah, or Jigglypuff.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
"Tingle would be better"
omfg ~~
Vaati is quite nice indeed.
Skull Kid..oh well i dont like him.
But Midna w/Wolf Link would be awesome..

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Tingle, if it comes to him being revealed for brawl, i think i will cry, turn emo, wear black, constantly say that i hate my life, and jump off a cliff while trying to use toliet paper as a parachute hoping that when i hit the bottom that i only break a few bones and use the toliet paper to wrap up my wounds and then run over the water to japan and beg them, on my broken knees, to take Tingle back out.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
i just saw the video with star fox, diddy and rayquaza.

DUDE! RAYQUAZA GOT POWNED!

they did very good on making rayquaza for this game. i can't wait to see what others plans they have in store for pokemon. i also can't wait to see whaqt character will be revealed this week. im hoping for Ridley, olimar, Micaiah, or Jigglypuff.
A good job? Now I never played any Pokemon games past Gold, but I know that Rayquaza, or whatever it is, is suppose to be some powerful Legendary Pokemon from the 3rd Generation. I hope Rayquaza pops right back out of that lake after this cutscene to kick Fox's *** in a boss fight, because surely Pokemon has gotten some awe-inspiring monsters since the first game. Right? Right??

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I am beyond pissed right now. FE Radiant Dawn was supposed to release today and every time I check the walmart or best buy website it still says preorder and the best buy website even has it set to release tommorow. I even called up and the pencil neck piece of white **** said they didn't even have any in stock. Excuse me while I go on a killing/****** spree.

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
A good job? Now I never played any Pokemon games past Gold, but I know that Rayquaza, or whatever it is, is suppose to be some powerful Legendary Pokemon from the 3rd Generation. I hope Rayquaza pops right back out of that lake after this cutscene to kick Fox's *** in a boss fight, because surely Pokemon has gotten some awe-inspiring monsters since the first game. Right? Right??
Very right. there's no way that rayquaza is down for good. if anyone saw the deoxys and Rayquaza movie, Rayquaza got struck down like a billion times and came back up. Rayquaza is not done with Fox.

but what probably happened is that Fox invaded Rayquaza's air space and took fox as a threat so it attacked Fox's ship. just llike how Rayquaza went after Deoxys. it all makes sense.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I am beyond pissed right now. FE Radiant Dawn was supposed to release today and every time I check the walmart or best buy website it still says preorder and the best buy website even has it set to release tommorow. I even called up and the pencil neck piece of white **** said they didn't even have any in stock. Excuse me while I go on a killing/****** spree.
Yea, my GameStop did the same thing.

Said today is the ship date...

My thought: Why wasn't YESTERDAY the ship date considering that TODAY is the day it was announced to be released.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Marth's chances up. The music at the end of the Fire Emblem theme is from Fire Emblem 1. Why else would they put that music in the main theme?

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Marth's chances up. The music at the end of the Fire Emblem theme is from Fire Emblem 1. Why else would they put that music in the main theme?
Maybe because they thought it sounded cool? Honestly, you guys need to stop searching for something within nothing. Just enjoy the updates as they come and if you want to speculate, at least do it rationally

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Yea, my GameStop did the same thing.

Said today is the ship date...

My thought: Why wasn't YESTERDAY the ship date considering that TODAY is the day it was announced to be released.
Things don't ship on Sunday. At least not in America. So they wouldn't make Sunday the ship date.
Games come out Tuesday here, nearly always. If it says it'll come out Monday, it's lying. It'll come out Tuesday.

Also, Ferro De Lupe, I think the last couple pages proved my point that Midna is controversial, as controversy again broke out about it.

(sighs) Will someone just recap all the points on each side and we'll pin this thing? Or, better yet, can we just forget about it?
This thread has been a great source of interesting character ideas. I've learned about tons of potential characters for Brawl because of it, and I've researched nearly all of the characters I didn't know about. So, what I'm saying isn't that this thread is pointless- it's that arguing trite or over-opinionated arguments is pointless.
I think I may have consumed all the originality the roster discussion threads have to offer at this point though.

baheffron

Smash Apprentice
Mark my words, Marth will appear in the game. I doubt Miciah will, but she might. I really hope Geno makes it in, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't.

I don't think there will be 40 selectable characters, that seems a bit much, probably more like 34-36

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
My friend thinks 30 characters.
He also thinks Buizel would make it in over Lucario.
And that Pikmin was a minor series, therefore Olimar has no chance.

I think he's insane.
Then again, I made a moveset for Magikarp.

Top Bottom