• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I hope the balloon fighter fish appearing on the summit doesn't decrease BF's chances...

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Nice list.
And by Masked Person do you mean Claus?

I would take away Stafy and put K. Rool in.
And I might've changed Bomberman to Megaman or Sora.
Yes, but I was trying to be sensitive to people who don't want Mother 3 spoilers.
Honestly, I think Starfy's arrival in North America is overdue, and really needed.
His inclusion in Brawl as playable would almost certainly mean we get Starfy in the U.S.
Besides, DK isn't popular enough to warrant three characters.

And the second suggestion is disgusting.
I dislike Megaman.
And Sora....?
Right up there with Waluigi, Slippy, and Cloud in the NOT RIGHT 4 BRAWL list.
Seriously, Brawl's target audience isn't teengae anime fangirls and superdork Disney fans.

allaboutthegames

Smash Rookie
OK, then: if not Megaman, how about Rayman... Ubi's been giving a LOT of love to Nintendo, so I don't think this will be any trouble... And K. Rool for Brawl isn't that bad an idea... I mean, they did throw Dedede into the mix, right?

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
My roster right now.
My roster > Your roster , hold on let me get it out :laugh: , (This is my "40" Character challenge wiseguy ;).)

Mario series(5):
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Geno

Loz series(4)
Link
Zelda/shiek
WW link
Ganondorf

Pokemon(4)
Lucario
Pikachu
PT
Jigglypuff

Fire emblem(3)
Marth
Ike
Roy

That's 16 , time for the others

Kirby(3)
Kirby
Meta knight
King dedede

Mother(2)
Lucas
Claus

Starfox(3)
Fox
Wolf
Krystal

That's a good 24...

Dk series (2)
Dk
Diddy

Metroid (2 Liek omg.)
Samus/zzs
Ridley

28 so far , all the one rep ones now :laugh:!
isaac
animalcrosser
Captain olmair
Ic's
Mr G&W
captain falcon
Pit
Sukapon
Wario
Yoshi

38! :laugh:

And for the final to make 41-42
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Sora (Maybe , just pretend he's not on here if you don't want him :laugh:.)

About 41 characters with 45 seperate moveset's , How'd i do ^_^ ? Oh and good job with the list still wiseguy.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
OK, then: if not Megaman, how about Rayman... Ubi's been giving a LOT of love to Nintendo, so I don't think this will be any trouble... And K. Rool for Brawl isn't that bad an idea... I mean, they did throw Dedede into the mix, right?
Well, in the event that Megaman doesn't make the cut, there are a couple other 3rd party characters that I'd expect before Rayman. Geno, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont have already drawn their numbers, and they'd most likely get chosen before Rayman.

The thing is, Sakurai is most likely not looking at how many games a publisher/developer has made for Nintendo. He's listening to the fans, and, from what I can tell, Rayman isn't very highly requested.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, in the event that Megaman doesn't make the cut, there are a couple other 3rd party characters that I'd expect before Rayman. Geno, Bomberman, and Simon Belmont have already drawn their numbers, and they'd most likely get chosen before Rayman.

The thing is, Sakurai is most likely not looking at how many games a publisher/developer has made for Nintendo. He's listening to the fans, and, from what I can tell, Rayman isn't very highly requested.
I agree but when were Simon and bomberman highly requested :laugh: ? Maybe someone like sora to fill the whole (He was on the poll's) Or pacman..Maybe bomberman , Also geno isn't 3rd party , Sakurai said he would consider him 1st :).

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Granted. He'd have a Mario emblem since those are the only games he's ever been in, but it's still 3rd Party, and not any form of 2nd at all. (Actually there are a fair number of 2nd party characters in this game) He's owned by Square, which does not publish exclusivly for Nintendo, and thus Geno is without a doubt a 3rd party character.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
I agree but when were Simon and bomberman highly requested :laugh: ? Maybe someone like sora to fill the whole (He was on the poll's) Or pacman..Maybe bomberman , Also geno isn't 3rd party , Sakurai said he would consider him 1st :).
I never said that Bomberman and Simon Belmont are highly requested ;). I agree that Geno is in a different boat, but he still faces a lot of similar obstacles that other third party characters do.

Also, I want to know where this whole "Sakurai said that Geno is 2 1/2 party" thing came from (links?). I don't remember seeing this anywhere, and, granted my Geno fanboyism, I'd like to think that I would've been one of the first to catch it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I never said that Bomberman and Simon Belmont are highly requested ;). I agree that Geno is in a different boat, but he still faces a lot of similar obstacles that other third party characters do.

Also, I want to know where this whole "Sakurai said that Geno is 2 1/2 party" thing came from (links?). I don't remember seeing this anywhere, and, granted my Geno fanboyism, I'd like to think that I would've been one of the first to catch it.
True ;).
Anyhow sakurai said that he would count as 1st party in his journal and there's a link about him being something called "2 1/2" Party in the offical geno support thread by Mcfox >_>.

Copperpot

Smash Ace
True ;).
Anyhow sakurai said that he would count as 1st party in his journal and there's a link about him being something called "2 1/2" Party in the offical geno support thread by Mcfox >_>.
I do find his inclusion on the first-party polls to be pretty suspicious; however, I don't quite believe the 2 1/2 party rumor. It is an odd situation, but it still seems a bit far-fetched for me.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Unfortunately for Roy, tho', his chances are marginal at best and next-to-nothing at the worst. I still stand by my hypothesis: If any representatives from the FE franchise get in, it's gonna be from the two most current games in the series (and no, I am not counting the remake of the very first FE as one of those games).

Which means Black Knight or Micaiah or nobody at all.

And to drive my point home even further, Kuja, didn't Sukapon pop up on the polls somewhere? To answer my own question: Yes! Yes, he did. With two points on the poll, if I may add. Where is your vaunted Ashley in comparison? Hm? Oh, she's been reduced to a song? Yeah.

*facepalm.*

Smooth Criminal

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
I've been dreaming up Brawl stages all day. My goal is to become infamous for designing camp-friendly stages.
I'm thinking spikes, myself. Or walls. Imagine a large stage that's completely walled in on all sides except for a single small opening at the top. It'd be like Hyrule Temple on steroids. Fighters bounce around at crazy high damage with nowhere to go. Hilarious.

Okay, so maybe we disagree on what qualifies as a videogame character. I would argue that avitars such as Miis and Kawashima are much like the Pacmans and Game & Watches of yester year. Then as now, the games to which they belong emphasise simple gameplay mechanics and lack even the most rudamentary storylines. Call them characters or "videogame personas" but I would argue a character's Brawl-worthiness should not be ruled out on this basis.
Miis maybe, Dr. K's head? No. The good doctor's head isn't playable or even presented in any of the games in Brain Age. He's not a playable avatar, or anything you must overcome, he's just something to make the text look nice when you aren't playing. I'd say the Dr.'s head is closer in spirit to the Atari logo of yesteryear than to the games.

As for Dr. K being a real life person, I don't see it as a problem because he did play a part in one of the biggest new Nintendo franchises in recent years.
Sakurai said that he wouldn't include any manga characters in Brawl. Now, that's as far as he took it, but it seems to be the common consensus that he meant that all Brawl character must have originated as videogame characters, so no Jack Sparrow, no Darth Vader, etc...
It's debatable whether or not Dr. K's floating head breaks the letter of Sakurai's law, but there's little doubt that it breaks the spirit.

Except...Marth will still likely be in.
Agreed.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Any FE character would have made FE popular in the west...

And well done *claps* you have learnt how to make letters big you deserve a gold star!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I really think Dr. K is better suited to be a AT. He asks questions and distracts the player, like Resetti or the Nintendog.

I don't think making him a playable character makes sense.

Also this samurai dude I never heard of. I dunno about him.

Again I have to say that Pokémon trainer should count as one and Lucario should be there.. but it is your list..so go ahead and make all the crazy guesses and assumptions you want.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
o.O;

Sez the guy who wants Ashley in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal
Point to me where I said either of the two ladies had a big chance period, let alone greater than Roy/Sukapon.

Sure, Sukapon showed up on the polls but I thought the blog stated that Sakurai shot that suggestion down and further said he stood no chance of appearing in the future.

Roy... I love Roy, but he's on a handheld Fire Emblem, and unlike Marth/Ike does not share popularity on both sides of the pond. Same could be said about Sukapon.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Sakurai said that years ago, and even then, he still has more of a chance than that overrated and ****ty Ashley (and even Micaiah, which I wouldn't mind seeing, but I doubt it).

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I still stand by my hypothesis: If any representatives from the FE franchise get in, it's gonna be from the two most current games in the series (and no, I am not counting the remake of the very first FE as one of those games).

Which means Black Knight or Micaiah or nobody at all.

Smooth Criminal
Why are you and Wiseguy so close minded about this? Marth appeared in melee because he was the first FE lord, appeared in the most games, and was popular. None of these have changed between Melee and Brawl. He's still the first Lord, he's still popular, and that FE remake makes Marth have 2 world wide games (the remake is a double package with FE1 and it's sequel FE3) while Ike really only has 1.5 games.

The Black Knight's chances continue to go down as we see more and more of how slow Ike is. Why would you need to have a heavy clone of an already heavy swordsman? Ike already provides that new flavor and it's what makes him unique.

Micaiah's got a decent chance of showing up, and with BK and Lyn out of the picture, she's got a good shot. We need more magic users anyway.

I really think that FE deserves 3 reps, considering that it has a total of 10 individual games in the series (5 of which are world wide BTW.), so only including characters from Ike's story seems kind of shallow. Ike is not the main character of Fire Emblem, he's the main character of 2 specific games in a 10 game series. FE doesn't have a "main character," and the only characters that come close to that idea are Marth and whoever the most recent FE Lord is (which happens to be Ike in this case, but that could easily change in future installments.) The reason that Marth gets to stay is because he started the FE franchise itself, and his popularity has brought him back for a sequel, and even a worldwide remake. He is also technically the most reoccuring lord in FE. His popularity has survived for over a decade, and that remake just may keep it going for another one (or at least a couple more years.) The fact that he's not already forgotten by now just shows how much of an impact he made.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
We don't NEED magic-users. Having a different style of combat doesn't make you any more deserving.

Conker1

Smash Ace
Great list besides:

The lack of Marth(didn't you learn your lesson with the Ice Climbers?"
Animal Crosser(lol)
Dr.K(No chance in hell)

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Miis are now synounomous to the wii, any guy that will own brawl is bound to have a made a Mii or 2, sakurai know this, and sooner or l8r will think about adding Mii, wheter or not Mii is added depends on him...

U c, ever wonder what would happen if chuck norris fough Capt. Falcon? how about bush vs osama smash style? by adding Miis u can put absolutely ANY person u can think of in smash, yes smash are about all star characters, now tell me, u think Mii aint popular? wrong, Miis are now part of the wii, and may now be a part of nintendos future consoles, mii are that popular...

And the idea aint so farfetched, U can use Miis in games like wario ware, the only thing sakurai has to do is give a all the Miis a certain moveset, after that u choose from ur list of Miis and choose which want u want to choose, after that ur Mii will have the same movesets as any other Mii, thus its like having any other character, but It can be u, ur cousin, ur mom, dad, chuck norros, Jesus, spiderman, Oprah, Stone cold steve austin fighting against the nintendo al stars, the possibilities are endless...
Let me ask.....are you me in the future? i always wanted to see Stone cold steve austin fight Mario and stuff! Mii must be for brawl! or else that sucks!

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna take the 40 character roster challenge in 2 hours or so--gotta run for now. But I definitely wanna put in my two cents.

Just wondering though, Wiseguy, if you're there, would you prefer me to post 'em here, or post them in a new thread entirely, so that our two lists don't clash with each other?

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Just post them here. Posting in an entirely new topic will most likely get you flamed by people who don't know what the list is for.

As for Fire Emblem, it seems that this is a debate that will not recess until another character is revealed. We all think the next one announced is going to be either Black Knight, Micaiah, or Marth. In all honesty, I'm placing my bets on Marth. After his inclusion in Melee, his popularity has skyrocketed, and with a remake (two, actually) on the way, he can only go up from here. Not to mention, his overall character design has taken on a bit of masculinity, which is a plus.

Overall, Marth definately seems to have the most going for him. Now, we all know that it doesn't guarantee anything, but if Brawl truly is completely fan-service, he will most likely be in there.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
MFZ95 + Stryks + whoever:

You argue that you want to see chuck noris fight Mario, osama fight bush etc...Buy Wii sports and BOX THEM!

BK is to Ike like the Roy to Marth. Didn't happen, don't think it even crossed the creatures minds.
Marth is going to be in, I have no idea why anyone thought otherwise. He was in melee, extremely popular (outside of ssbm), has a MS that stands unique (and popular among smash), and everything else...I won't go any further.
There is no reason he won't be in.
And Micaiah would be the only contestant for a third spot if there is (which there very well could be).

I will not enter this contest for 40 because I do not beleive they will put a mere 40 characters into a game that truely revolutionizes the revolutions that the intire Nintendo history has been through, there is to much to give, yet enough time to give it. Maybe there will be 40, but I think they can do better than that. 45 is my number and I'm sticking with it.

Top Bottom