• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Brain Age totally has a story as well. It involves Dr. K's selfless quest to make the unwashed masses less stupid. One player at a time...

Honestly though, I disagree that a character in a fighting game needs a complex backstory.
No, you don't disagree, because that would mean that I'd have to agree that a fighting game character needs a complex backstory, which I don't. We're in agreement on that.
I never said anything about "complex" backstory. Heck, I don't even think the characters need a BACKstory (just look at Kirby, he's got no backstory). My point is that I think Dr. Kawashima's floating head isn't a video game character, and is thus ineligible for the Brawl roster. I was just using story as an example.
But seriously, Dr. Kawashima's disembodied head isn't a character, it's a representation of a real life peron. Dr. Kawashima's amazing bodiless head is just an avatar. There's a greater degree of separation between me and my account as OysterMeister than there is between Dr. Kawashima the person and Dr. Kawashima the floating head, because I'm not using my real name, while the good doctor is.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I agree that this update is amazing. A lot of people seemed to want this, but I never dreamed Sakurai was actually gonna give it to us. Is there anything this game won't include?!?

Also, this stage builder is going to be perfect for competitive players and 'casual' players alike. The competitive players can make their own competitive stage if they feel the in-game ones are too hectic, random or unfair, and the casuals can create their own stage for fun. In short, everyone wins.

As for Miis, while at one time I was expecting them to be in as PCs, I'm now not so sure thanks to their appearance as avatars for online mode. But you never know...
Indeed, the stage building is completely awesome and this game will probably include everything we've imagined and more.

As for the Mii theory, although I don't agree having Mii's as a character (I think its kinda of a stupid idea :ohwell:), just because they are avatars doesn't mean they can't be playable characters. I mean, don't all the other characters have an avatar icon too?

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
You're bad at counting, it's (4) third-party characters (Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Simon Belmont), you counted (3).

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27052.html

This is an interview with some guy who is talking about FE radiant dawn. He makes a comment about them hoping Ike gets people interested in radiant dawn sometime around 3:55. This doesn't exactly bode well for Michaia.
Due to my current isp connection I cannot view the trailer. I would much appreciate it if you could provide a summary of the trailer, and why exactly this bodies ill for Micaiah's inclusion.

A Micaiah inclusion would not be just for advertisement, which this incarnation of Ike really doesn't due Radiant Dawn justice because Ike isn't even in his most current form; he's has his FE9 look.

-Knight

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Due to my current isp connection I cannot view the trailer. I would much appreciate it if you could provide a summary of the trailer, and why exactly this bodies ill for Micaiah's inclusion.

A Micaiah inclusion would not be just for advertisement, which this incarnation of Ike really doesn't due Radiant Dawn justice because Ike isn't even in his most current form; he's has his FE9 look.

-Knight
I'd like to know why you (and about a couple hundred other people for that matter) take the time to change the font/color of your posts every single time you make one.

Anyway, the actual interview itself isn't important. Just a couple random facts about radiant dawn but a few minutes in he makes a point about Ike being in brawl and how Nintendo hopes that gets people excited for radiant dawn. Advertisement was the biggest point for Machaias inclusion and since they already hope Ike does that it doesn't seem very likely they will add Machaia as playable.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It's completely possible as someone who works on a different game, he only would know insider information about that game (and it's not like he'd even reveal it.) It's unlikely he'd know who's in and who's out and for what purposes for a different game. Heck, any FE character would still help promote RD in some way, yet if he only mentions one, that's because that's the only one he, and the general public, knows of. =/

Elysium

Smash Lord
Jeeze, you stay offline for a weekend, come back and your lost.
Though some common elements are still here.
1.) Everyone is still hating on Dr. K's spot on Wiseguys list.
2.) The Miciaiah argument still continues. Shouldn't there be a thread to discuss that?

Create-a-Stage FTW!!!

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'd like to know why you (and about a couple hundred other people for that matter) take the time to change the font/color of your posts every single time you make one.

Anyway, the actual interview itself isn't important. Just a couple random facts about radiant dawn but a few minutes in he makes a point about Ike being in brawl and how Nintendo hopes that gets people excited for radiant dawn. Advertisement was the biggest point for Machaias inclusion and since they already hope Ike does that it doesn't seem very likely they will add Machaia as playable.
Hmm, interesting..

-Knight

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
I'm with Copperpot. This update is totally badass. I never expected Sakurai and Company to pull this one out. I guess they're striving to make this new Smash Bros. a true next gen experience and stuffing it to the hilt with all sorts of goodies.

Who would've thought that the Wii could be such an able piece of hardware?

Smooth Criminal
I've been dreaming up Brawl stages all day. My goal is to become infamous for designing camp-friendly stages.

No clue... Haven't played it.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122954

Care to give my thread over the idea a quick look/comment?
Will do.

No, you don't disagree, because that would mean that I'd have to agree that a fighting game character needs a complex backstory, which I don't. We're in agreement on that.
I never said anything about "complex" backstory. Heck, I don't even think the characters need a BACKstory (just look at Kirby, he's got no backstory). My point is that I think Dr. Kawashima's floating head isn't a video game character, and is thus ineligible for the Brawl roster. I was just using story as an example.
But seriously, Dr. Kawashima's disembodied head isn't a character, it's a representation of a real life peron. Dr. Kawashima's amazing bodiless head is just an avatar. There's a greater degree of separation between me and my account as OysterMeister than there is between Dr. Kawashima the person and Dr. Kawashima the floating head, because I'm not using my real name, while the good doctor is.
Okay, so maybe we disagree on what qualifies as a videogame character. I would argue that avitars such as Miis and Kawashima are much like the Pacmans and Game & Watches of yester year. Then as now, the games to which they belong emphasise simple gameplay mechanics and lack even the most rudamentary storylines. Call them characters or "videogame personas" but I would argue a character's Brawl-worthiness should not be ruled out on this basis.

As for Dr. K being a real life person, I don't see it as a problem because he did play a part in one of the biggest new Nintendo franchises in recent years.

You're bad at counting, it's (4) third-party characters (Snake, Sonic, Megaman, Simon Belmont), you counted (3).
Bite me.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27052.html

This is an interview with some guy who is talking about FE radiant dawn. He makes a comment about them hoping Ike gets people interested in radiant dawn sometime around 3:55. This doesn't exactly bode well for Michaia.
Because that dude said that Ike will already serve to build interest in the game? I dunno, if that was Sakurai's intent then why is he using the PoR modle for the character?

Cool find, though. I can't wait for RD.

Not a single one of the Ridley Moveset-Links works
Gah! Not only that, but after checking the other moveset links, most of the older ones no longer work. :( I'll see iff I can find them and repost links to them, but it might be tricky.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Hey Wise, Back in the day when you first made this thread did you consider Dr. K as a character or was it a new development?
I considered him, but I went with Mii instead becuase 1) they are INFINITELY cooler and 2) I didin't know then that they were player icons for the online mode. I also had plenty of WTF characters at the time (Tom Nook, ROB, etc.) so I didn't have have a need for him until recently.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Board the Platforms
Event Mode
Race to the Finish
All-Stars

I think those are the only ones he's missing.

It's only a matter of time before CAC mode is announced...

...maybe.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i'll bet we get at least 2 more surprise modes, and the alternate costume update will be under game modes, and you forgot the stadium : wire frame fights (or whatever they'll be in brawl)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Create-A-Character

Either that or he could go with this -> http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=122954 .
I doubt sakuraiw ould do that with no mentions about him..Anyhow it was an "Okay" Thread nontheless :p.
Hmm there will probably be a lot more story modes this time , How many types of adventure modes do you think there will be ? I think if they bring back the adventure mode from melee and all-stars there might be 6 , 2 maybe , 2 probable , And 2 confirmed so far :p.
I still can't wait for brawl <_<.

GoldenIke

Smash Apprentice
Halloween: Character
Nov 1st: Event/All-star
Nov 2nd: All-star/Event

thats my prediction

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
My roster right now.

Mario Series
1. Mario