• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
It is the latest game in the series... but just because she is from the (Well second newest now) game doesn't mean that she can have the honors of being in Smash... I mean we will be playing this game until the end of the Wii... do you really want Midna a boring one time only character there?

I mean Tingle, Vaati and Skull Kid all would be better... and WW Link of course.
1. The latest game is Phantom Hourglass.
2. She's not boring, she's even more interesting than Zelda in that game (which is a sad truth, I hated it)
3. It's not up to us to decide who is "deserving"
4. Yes, and I want Midna in now because if she's not in she probably has no chance of being in the next Smash.

And by your logic, Sheik should be out. (Well, not much of a disagreement on my part, I'm 50/50 on her returning...)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Vaati is the same case as Geno,

He's partially owned by another Company

AKA: Capcom

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
sheik sould return as a seperate character, imo

olimar has umbearibly high chances of makeing it in, imo

a move set for magicar - b splash, b forward, splash forwars down b DOUBLE splash, up b flail...

total damage after using all of these moves, 2, only because the water from wour splash made a puddle, making snake all wet, and ruining his explosives, VERY good moveset, don't you think! lol:laugh:

Zevox

Smash Lord
My friend thinks 30 characters.
He also thinks Buizel would make it in over Lucario.
And that Pikmin was a minor series, therefore Olimar has no chance.

I think he's insane.
Then again, I made a moveset for Magikarp.
I agree, your friend is insane. We already have 23 characters (22 if you discount Zamus due to her being a transformation), so if there were only 30 total, we'd lose most of the veterans, and either already know all the newcomers or only be getting a few more. Theres no way that would happen. Besides, how can you actually think Brawl would have only 4 characters more than Melee did when Melee had 14 more than the original?

The other two are laughable too. Whatever your opinion of Lucario, its obvious hes much more popular and important to Pokèmon than Buizel (really, that seems like a completely random choice of a Pokèmon to me); and Pikmin may be minor compared to many Nintendo series, but it is popular, and it is a creation of Nintendo's mastermind, Miyamoto, so it can hardly be more obvious that Olimar is the most likely character from any unannounced franchise.

baheffron said:
I don't think there will be 40 selectable characters, that seems a bit much, probably more like 34-36
I think thats a bit pessimistic. 36 is the bare minimum I could see Brawl having, and I think 40 is quite realistic. Melee had 26, which is 14 more than the original, in addition to all the new modes and options, and it was worked on for less than a year and had to be built from the ground up (since the N64 work was not compatible with the GCN). Brawl has been worked on for more than 2 years and did have the Melee work to build on - if they can't come up with a roster of at least near 40, I'll be pretty darn surprised.

Zevox

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Then again, I made a moveset for Magikarp.
That reminds me... one of the things I refuse to give up hope for is that this time around, Goldeen may DO SOMETHING! We now have levels with water. I'll be possibly wasting a lot of Pokeballs by tossing them in that water just for some compensation from that little fish.

Vaati is the same case as Geno,
He's partially owned by another Company

AKA: Capcom
Really? :/
Is K. Rool owned completely by Rare or something? I haven't seen him in m/any spin-offs.
I have a feeling it'd be that same type of partial ownership with Vaati and Geno.

Also, (sorry to bring this up, but I must tease) you are a spy, aren't you?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Is K. Rool owned completely by Rare or something? I haven't seen him in m/any spin-offs.
I have a feeling it'd be that same type of partial ownership with Vaati and Geno.
Nope, he (and every other DK character) is owned completely by Nintendo. Rare just produced the games. Same as with Krystal and Star Fox. For recent games, K Rool was in Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, DK: King of Swing, DK Jungle Climber, and he had a cameo in Donkey Konga. He was the main villain in those middle two as well.

Zevox

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
"Let's get dangerous!"

Darkwing Duck was good times. However, I'm secretly hoping for a revival of Mighty Max. In spite of its cheesy, early 90's undertones it actually had a great plot and a compelling setting. Norman's catchphrase is among the best in the biz: "I eat (insert whatever it is that he is fighting here) for breakfast."

Totally awesome.

And last night's update was rather unexpected---but very, very lame. >.<;

Smooth Criminal

Zevox

Smash Lord
Hey, hey, hey!

Look what I found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCqMWRFVg4

Guaranteed to make anyone who grew up watching cartoons in the late 80s/early90s smile.

Brings back memories...

:crying: I want them to bring it back! :crying:
Nice - I remember that. Used to love that show, and the Genesis game for it.

But if they were going to bring back an old cartoon, I'd rather it be this. :)

Zevox

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Norman and Virgil for Brawl! :laugh:

I used to always get the Darkwing Duck song stuck in my head . . . that and the Rescue Rangers theme.

Chi - Chi - Chi - Chip and Dale! Rescue Rangers!

But at any rate, I'm thinking along the same lines as Zevox. There will (hopefully) be close to 40 characters.

In actuality, I'm extremely happy that the game was delayed. More development time means more updates and more content, which means that they shouldn't have to cut characters from the roster due to time restraints.

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Heya Wiseguy.
I watched your predictions from almost the beginnings ;)
Well i have to say,at the beginning they really sucked XD
Lots of impossible Charsetc.

But now its a really great list and i would mention almost the same chars.
Now to the chars your not sure about:

Well to Bowser Jr. or Geno..
Holy Sh*t hard decision.
I really wouldnt know who to chose because theyre booth awesome Chars that would have an unique and great Moveset.
But I also agree that there are already enough Mario Chars to have booth in.
I cant decide anyway x_X

Now to the easier part.
WW Link or Midna is pretty easy for me.
WW Link would be an awesome Char for sure,but his moveset wont change too much.
I mean Wind Walker or not..Link is Link and hell always have his Bow,Boomerang,Bombs etc.
But Midna is a really awesome Char with an unique Moveset guaranteed..so my vote would go for her ;D

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Norman and Virgil for Brawl! :laugh:

I used to always get the Darkwing Duck song stuck in my head . . . that and the Rescue Rangers theme.

Chi - Chi - Chi - Chip and Dale! Rescue Rangers!

But at any rate, I'm thinking along the same lines as Zevox. There will (hopefully) be close to 40 characters.

In actuality, I'm extremely happy that the game was delayed. More development time means more updates and more content, which means that they shouldn't have to cut characters from the roster due to time restraints.
Once again, I find myself agreeing with you Copperpot---both about the Mighty Max characters appearing in Brawl and about the delay. :laugh:

Initially, I was a little disappointed that they pushed the game back by a whole month. I mean, I have to wait THAT much longer for one of the most highly anticipated games in my lifetime. Then I realized that the wait would work out to my benefit---not only in the context of adding even more content than ever, but also giving me the time needed to procure a Wii.

The funny thing is, in spite of being Wii-less, I still put money down to reserve Brawl at my local Gamestop. I told my girlfriend that by doing so it'll motivate me (subliminal hint: Her as well) to nab a Wii sometime before the game comes out.

Smooth Criminal

Elysium

Smash Lord
The funny thing is, in spite of being Wii-less, I still put money down to reserve Brawl at my local Gamestop. I told my girlfriend that by doing so it'll motivate me (subliminal hint: Her as well) to nab a Wii sometime before the game comes out.

Smooth Criminal
I did the same thing too. In fact I got a Wii with my next paycheck because I'm one of those horrid Impulse Shoppers. I'm still trying to recover from my $200 purchase... so much so I only Game I have is the Wii Sport that came with it (after like a month and a half). But It'll work itself out in time for Brawl.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
But if they were going to bring back an old cartoon, I'd rather it be this. :)
Heh. A few of my friends were the Animaniacs for Halloween, complete with Hello Nurse. It was hilarious venturing into random bars and watching drunk people recognize them...

Darkwing Duck was amazing back in the day
I was enthralled by both Animaniacs and Darkwing Duck, and at the same time I kind've didn't like them too. Like, I watched it, but it was kind of unsettling.
I had a dream last night about the DIC logo and anthropomorphic dinosaurs. Anyone else remember Bucky O'Hare?
You know, looking back on my childhood, I don't know why I'm not completely ****ed up. For some reason we all felt completely at ease watching this weird, weird stuff. Sonic, Earthworm Jim, Mario 3...

I mean Wind Walker or not..Link is Link and hell always have his Bow,Boomerang,Bombs etc.
But Midna is a really awesome Char with an unique Moveset guaranteed..so my vote would go for her ;D
Whaa? You must not have seen any alternative movesets for WWLink. Let me fill you in.

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
That's when you hit that old argument about not all sword fighters being necessarily alike.

It even applies here. Link moves very different in Twilight Princess than in Wind Waker or Phantom Hourglass. The sheer fact that WW Link is tiny (has no legs) makes him move differently.
Though since many of their standard attacks are taken from earlier Zelda games (Zelda II for NES in particular), they are bound to be more similar than probably any of the other sword fighters in Brawl. So you kind've have me there, but I'm sure there is enough diversity in Zelda games to come up with alternative standard attacks.

Though, with the way Adventure Mode is going right now (with what seems to be a fully fleshed-out story), I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if Young/WW Link didn't get in.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion

I'M NOT DEAD!

How goes things comrades?

Hey, hey, hey!

Look what I found on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czCqMWRFVg4

Guaranteed to make anyone who grew up watching cartoons in the late 80s/early90s smile.

Brings back memories...

:crying: I want them to bring it back! :crying:
Wow, how could I have forgotten Dark Wing Duck! That show was infinitely better than the trash my little sister watches on the Disney channel. Kim Possible? *Shudder* What happened to cartoons? They used to be so awesome? I second the nomination to bring back the legendary DW.

"Let's get dangerous!"

Darkwing Duck was good times. However, I'm secretly hoping for a revival of Mighty Max. In spite of its cheesy, early 90's undertones it actually had a great plot and a compelling setting. Norman's catchphrase is among the best in the biz: "I eat (insert whatever it is that he is fighting here) for breakfast."

Totally awesome.

And last night's update was rather unexpected---but very, very lame. >.<;

Smooth Criminal
Yes, today's update was lame. VERY lame.

However, I am almost positive that tommorow's update will make up for it. I'm thinking we'll see another newcomer. And it ryhms with... RIDLEY!!!

Heya Wiseguy.
I watched your predictions from almost the beginnings ;)
Well i have to say,at the beginning they really sucked XD
Lots of impossible Charsetc.

But now its a really great list and i would mention almost the same chars.
Now to the chars your not sure about:

Well to Bowser Jr. or Geno..
Holy Sh*t hard decision.
I really wouldnt know who to chose because theyre booth awesome Chars that would have an unique and great Moveset.
But I also agree that there are already enough Mario Chars to have booth in.
I cant decide anyway x_X

Now to the easier part.
WW Link or Midna is pretty easy for me.
Thanks for the input Tsuki. I'm glad to hear my list now has less suckage.

As for my two "either/or" suggestions, I'm still pretty split. Geno is a fan fav and is liked by Sakurai, but Bowser Jr. is the rising star of the series - playing an iimportant role in all the latest platformers, including Galaxy.

As for the Zelda split, I'm torn becuase I'm a huge fan of both Windwaker and Twilight Princess! I could easily see WW Link making the cut as he is the star of the ultra popular Phantom Hourglass and a veteran (kinda) and he could have a pretty unique moveset with a deku leaf, skull hammer, ect.

On the other hand, Midna would be an addition too awesome for words - particularily in comination with Wolf Link. Aside from Olimar, she's probaably be the most unique fighter in the roster.

I see a high lack of Isaac-ness that disturbs me.
Your right. I guess I could switch him with Mario...

Anywho, later dudes. Ridley will be revealed tommorow. BELIEVE!

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
hey wiseguy, its been a while. well isaac is great but switching him with mario would be a little drastic.:laugh:

Anyway, Ridley should be revealed tomorrow. or jigglypuff. either is good. ut im sure most of you prefer the giaant dragon. alright people im good for now, be on later. adios!

Jigglyridley for brawl!

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
I think it won't be tomorrow, but friday, as then will be when update #150 will be released. If a secret character was to be revealed, it will be probably Krystal, or maybe Claus. Although I'd give an arm for Isaac to appear in Brawl.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
However, I am almost positive that tommorow's update will make up for it. I'm thinking we'll see another newcomer. And it rhymes with... RIDLEY!!!
Oh man, I so hope you're right. I do think Sakurai will provide something good to make up for this lame update, but man if it was Ridley, Sakurai would be the man. And you'd also be the man for predicting him.

Although where the **** is Captain Falcon?!?

YosterDragon

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, it wasn't such a lame update, as we did get one new item revealed. Did anyone see the watch falling from the party ball?

Makes me wonder if it's the old school LoZ watch that freezes your enemies for a few seconds...that'd be a sweet item IMHO.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
eh, a character update would have been way better, preferably ridley, olimar, krystal or announching falco or c falcon as vets

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
You know, Sakurai is so outrageous that he wants us to fall at his feet and kiss them just for him to post a character update. So it'll be most likely not to be a character update.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i need to find this dudes email address... then beg a bit, then say why and use a translater to put it into japanese to make it easier for him to understand, unless he is bi-langual, that would rock...

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
If I ever find Sakurai's or Hal's email, I would SEND AN EXTREMELY OUTRAGEOUS EMAIL TELLING HIM WHY I WOULD MAKE HIM LIVE THE WORST UNFATHOMABLE HALLOWS HE WOULD EVER EXPERIMENT if he doesn't put Isaac into the Brawl. Because it would be oh so unfair for him not to be in.

Qbuilderz

Smash Journeyman
i would say, please conside adding olimar as a chracter, he rocks, and you can't disagree, because you know he does...

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion, I don't really think Olimar will be a character, but he has chances to enter.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
If I ever find Sakurai's or Hal's email, I would SEND AN EXTREMELY OUTRAGEOUS EMAIL TELLING HIM WHY I WOULD MAKE HIM LIVE THE WORST UNFATHOMABLE HALLOWS HE WOULD EVER EXPERIMENT if he doesn't put Isaac into the Brawl. Because it would be oh so unfair for him not to be in.
I'd get started on that note old pal. Personally, I don't make calls like that unless that character is assured for Brawl. i.e.: I will personally give every single person on this site $100 if Ridley does not appear in Brawl.

P.S, am I the only one troubled on Dedede's WaddleDee move and it's similarities to the ideas for Olimar? Perhap's it's simply a copy of the turnip move, but I've got this bad feeling on this (Olimar, pull through ol' buddy!)

Zevox

Smash Lord
Heh. A few of my friends were the Animaniacs for Halloween, complete with Hello Nurse. It was hilarious venturing into random bars and watching drunk people recognize them...
:laugh: I'd imagine! Especially if miss nurse was, eh, "accurate" ;) .

Wiseguy said:
Anywho, later dudes. Ridley will be revealed tommorow. BELIEVE!
Pah, Ridley my foot, we all know its going to be Krystal after that leak from her voice actor.

Zevox

Top Bottom