• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Zevox

Smash Lord
But seriously, FE isn't all that important a game, I wouldn't give them more than two character reps.
You must be pretty ignorant of the series, then. Its very important, both to Nintendo and video gaming history as a whole, as it was the first tactical RPG game ever - it created that genre. In addition, its popularity in Japan is huge - I've heard it compared to that of Zelda on numerous occasions, and I know that they have a much greater love of the tactical RPG genre than Americans do to begin with. That was sufficient to get it two characters in Melee. Now, consider: the series has doubled in size since Melee came out (note also that its twice as large a series as Star Fox, which some fans are predicting will get four characters and most agree will get three), has become an international one with a decent fan base in other countries, and is still going quite strong today (Radiant Dawn isn't even out in most parts of the world yet, and the next game of the series has already been announced).

Hells yes its important enough to warrant three characters. If it had been released internationally from the beginning it would probably be right up there with the "big 3" (Mario, Zelda, Pokèmon) at four or five; as it stands the only reason it probably won't get that is the more limited popularity and exposure it has outside Japan.

Shuma said:
I might be wrong, but isn't the Black knight the first FE villain to appear in more than 1 game? that has to count for something... also, does he even die in Radiant dawn?
Nope. The main villain of Radiant Dawn does as well (won't give a name for spoiler purposes), and so do the two major villains of Marth's games, Medeus the Dark Dragon and Garnef the wicked Priest.

Zevox

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
The Black Knight has appeared in two games of a continuing timeline; I really don't see that important enough to note about him anyway.
FE 3 was a continuing timeline of FE 1 so The Black Knight still isn't unique there. However it still helps his chances because he is also Ike's main rival in the upcoming FE10 and he could also help advertise that game,though Micaiah (you guys should really stop misspelling her name) would do a better job of it.

Shuma

Smash Hero
The too many swords argument is stupid, "we have too many people fighthing with fists" see?

And The Black Knight isn't generic, that means you only know half the truth Ahahahahaha.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
FE 3 was a continuing timeline of FE 1 so The Black Knight still isn't unique there. However it still helps his chances because he is also Ike's main rival in the upcoming FE10 and he could also help advertise that game,though Micaiah (you guys should really stop misspelling her name) would do a better job of it.
:/ her name is hard to spell x_x

-Knight

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Since this topic is still so hot with Fire Emblem discussion why not talk about FE music for a change?

Some musical arrangements I would like to here are:

1. Together We Ride
2. With Us
3. Against the Black Knight OR To Challenge Ashnard

Of course I'd be looking forward to hearing RD music as well as music from FE1&3.

I like "Life Returns" though that would never appear in Brawl unless they had a Serenes Forest Stage.

-Knight

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I can't remember the name of it, but that music that plays right before the final chapter starts in FE7. You know, where all the characters are making their one liners about how they won't lose and stuff? That music was epic. :O

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it was called "Unshakable Faith". I loved Rath's line during that; it went something like "For those whose path is bent, I shall straighten it with my bow" ^_^

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
I always found the Black Knight's theme appealing(well the music that plays when you fight him) it sounds sinister, not evil, jsut sinister and calm.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm not rooting for Black Knight on this one. We do not need more sword characters, especially from Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem should include Micaiah for two obvious reasons:

-She's female. Smash Bros is severely lacking in female characters.

-She doesn't use a sword. She uses magic.

Besides, I'm not a huge fan of the Black Knight. He's a little generic... of course I wouldn't mind if he ended up in Brawl.
don't be hating sword users :(

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Since this topic is still so hot with Fire Emblem discussion why not talk about FE music for a change?

Some musical arrangements I would like to here are:

1. Together We Ride
2. With Us
3. Against the Black Knight OR To Challenge Ashnard

Of course I'd be looking forward to hearing RD music as well as music from FE1&3.

I like "Life Returns" though that would never appear in Brawl unless they had a Serenes Forest Stage.

-Knight
Although I loved most of the tunes in PoR, I have to go with Shuma. The Black Knight's theme rocked pretty hard. And if they're already including his music they might as well make him a playable character...

Chibi Robo should be a runner up
Hey, you can't expect to do everything around here, can you? Type up a profile for Chibi and I'll post it with the rest. My laziness + your fame!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Wow. So I think this thread might have more Micaiah discussion on it than the Micaiah thread- it is only 13 pages to date. Explain to me how that is considered popular. It has been around for quite a while and the last post I made on it (over 2 weeks ago) is still only 1 page back.

Micaiah would be awesome, certainly. But please breathe. Keep breathing. Otherwise there's a possibility you'll be holding it until you pass out.

Micaiah did have support before Lyn was deconfirmed. I for one, was supporting her and rejoiced at the update of Lyn's banishment to the land of ATs. One less person to stand in her way...
As far as what type of fan of Micaiah's I am... I am one of the most ignorant, along with quite a few supporters of her, I'm sure. I researched Fire Emblem characters and chose her out of the potential lords purely by means of aesthetic. At first.

Radiant Dawn trailer
But seriously. She looks awesome. And why doesn't anyone seem to care about Sothe? I know he's not a lord, but he's in two games now too. And he's awesome.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Although I loved most of the tunes in PoR, I have to go with Shuma. The Black Knight's theme rocked pretty hard. And if they're already including his music they might as well make him a playable character...
I like PoR's music overall except for the field battle music; a majority of the tunes playing were lackluster imo.

And if they're already including Ridley's boss music that might as well make him a boss ( I'm kidding x_x)

But seriously. She looks awesome. And why doesn't anyone seem to care about Sothe? I know he's not a lord, but he's in two games now too. And he's awesome.
Bleh Sothe sucks up so much exp in PoR and he doesn't even promote :/ I'd rather give that exp to Titania. Add to the fact that he's not even a main character in Radiant Dawn and his weapon choice "knives" (Didn't Sakurai something regarding that? because Snake doesn't use knives in Brawl? I've never played a MSG so I really don't know what weapons Snake users, and I think I'm rambling so I'll stop :p)

:/ I'll try him out in Radiant Dawn for sure.

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Bleh Sothe sucks up so much exp in PoR and he doesn't even promote :/ I'd rather give that exp to Titania. Add to the fact that he's not even a main character in Radiant Dawn and his weapon choice "knives" (Didn't Sakurai something regarding that? because Snake doesn't use knives in Brawl? I've never played a MSG so I really don't know what weapons Snake users, and I think I'm rambling so I'll stop :p)

:/ I'll try him out in Radiant Dawn for sure.

-Knight
Actually, he is a main character in Radiant Dawn.... Just his importance is not as great as that of Ike's and Micaiah's. Sothe is the equivalent of Lyn and Hector FE7 (Fire Emblem in US, if you must), or at least I think. He could be the Jaigan (promoted starting character a.k.a. most hated character in the game) for all I know.

And yeah, he did suck hard in PoR. I maxed him out (using award exp.... god what a waste), but never really used him. Perhaps he becomes better in RD.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
I don't get your description for Sora.

"10 year old girls"

Har har har

Also, there are already two KH games for Nintendo consoles and Square Enix is already working on Final Fantasy games for the DS and Wii, so it wouldn't really matter if Sora was in.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
i also made a chibi-robo moveset a while back, its near the middle of the page.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=101296&page=127
Cool stuff. Since Piffman isn't up to the task, would you like to right his runnersup profile? I know nothing about the game...

I don't get your description for Sora.

"10 year old girls"

Har har har

Also, there are already two KH games for Nintendo consoles and Square Enix is already working on Final Fantasy games for the DS and Wii, so it wouldn't really matter if Sora was in.
;) Sorry, but I'm too much of a Nintendo fanboy to NOT take cheap shots at Kingdom Hearts. I've never played it, but I'm sure it's good.

And I'm very much aware of the two Crystal Chronicle games coming to the Wii. (They both look really, really good.) But Sora's presence in Brawl would still be a big win against the forces of evil and make the Wii the console of choice for Square fans.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Sora's chances might be better than most people think. Although I still think a square enix character is unlikely, I'd say that Sora seems like the number one square character at the moment, so they'd probably choose him (if they choose anyone) to join the Brawl roster. He's got everything else a Brawl character needs: A unique fighting style where he hits people with a KEY (he's the master of unlocking) and classic Final Fantasy magic, a heafty roster of games under his belt, and popularity. Never underestimate 10-12 year old girls. Just look at what they did with that Titanic movie...

Oh, and by the way Wiseguy, tomorrow the Brawl demo goes playable, so hopefully we'll be able to get plenty of new info on how Brawl works. With any luck, by tomorrow it will be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ike isn't a Marth replacement and Zamus isn't a Sheik replacement.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^When are you going to put Marth on your list, Wiseguy? Sure FE deserves 3 characters considering it got 2 in melee and has had 3 (soon to be 6 with GoD and the FE 1 and 3 remake) international games released since then. I think that should be enough to support adding another character. Plus that FE remake would sure sell a lot better if Marth were in Brawl*wink*. It also makes Marth once again the most reoccuring character in the entire FE series. If you're willing to put Shiek on your list, the why won't you put Marth who has many more reasons for inclusion?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Oh, and by the way Wiseguy, tomorrow the Brawl demo goes playable, so hopefully we'll be able to get plenty of new info on how Brawl works. With any luck, by tomorrow it will be proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Ike isn't a Marth replacement and Zamus isn't a Sheik replacement.
Oh, I'd say that the videos we already have confirm that about Ike at least. Zero Suit Samus is going to be harder to get info on though, since she needs to use a FS to get into the fight, and theres only two minutes per fight.

Zevox

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Zero Suit Samus is going to be harder to get info on though, since she needs to use a FS to get into the fight, and theres only two minutes per fight.

Zevox
Hopefully you can hold A down before the match and start off as her.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
You know, this seems to be the only successful "my brawl character prediction" thread. All the others are forgotten and unpopular.

Props to Wiseguy.

raul

Smash Lord
Marth has very good chances. Also, Fire Emblem having three representatives is plausible because of their recent popularity. They were able to snag two in Melee without having arrived in the U.S. yet. Now, I think we could see three spots being used. As to who will get the final one, it'd be nice to see someone other than a swordsman. A magic user would be ideal for me even though the Black Knight is quite the bad ***.

I'd lean to Micaiah for her unique-ness that she could bring to Brawl's table.
Marth has an excellent chance of coming back because of his success from Melee. He is also one of the figure heads from the Fire Emblem game series, so I think it would be strange not to see him. It would be like having Luigi without Mario, or something along those lines.

And yes, the Black Knight is bad a$$. He would be kind of unique in the fact he uses two swords, but then you've got Ike, possible Marth, Link, Gannondorf who may use his sword from Twilight Princess, and if that stupid WindWaker version of Link makes it in, thats....6 sword users. 6 may be too many. But Ike cannot be the lone rep. for Fire Emblem simply because that's absurd. The popularity of Fire Emblem in Japan alone cause both Marth and Roy to make into Melee, before FE was released in the US, as it was previously mentioned. Whether it be a magic user, which is fine with me, Marth (also fine with me) or the Black Knight (I'd like that), there will be more FE reps. Most likely? Marth.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Marth has an excellent chance of coming back because of his success from Melee. He is also one of the figure heads from the Fire Emblem game series, so I think it would be strange not to see him. It would be like having Luigi without Mario, or something along those lines.

And yes, the Black Knight is bad a$$. He would be kind of unique in the fact he uses two swords, but then you've got Ike, possible Marth, Link, Gannondorf who may use his sword from Twilight Princess, and if that stupid WindWaker version of Link makes it in, thats....6 sword users. 6 may be too many. But Ike cannot be the lone rep. for Fire Emblem simply because that's absurd. The popularity of Fire Emblem in Japan alone cause both Marth and Roy to make into Melee, before FE was released in the US, as it was previously mentioned. Whether it be a magic user, which is fine with me, Marth (also fine with me) or the Black Knight (I'd like that), there will be more FE reps. Most likely? Marth.
....I really hate that "too many swords" argument. I really thought it died 8 months ago. It doesn't really matter, as long as the character is unique in fighting.

But if there will be a 3rd FE rep, I believe it should be Micaiah. She represents the magic side of FE after all.

hojiky

Smash Cadet
how many sword users in melee? marth, roy, link, young link. 4 out of 25 characters. how many characters in brawl? at least 40. 6 out of 40 would be about the same ratio of sword to non-sword users. less actually.

Zevox

Smash Lord
....I really hate that "too many swords" argument. I really thought it died 8 months ago. It doesn't really matter, as long as the character is unique in fighting.
Agreed. Really, its a pretty poor argument to say that a character's chosen weapon is a reason not to include him or her, especially with the fact that most of the characters we have fight without weapons, yet that doesn't seem to exclude more characters of that sort. Besides, to be honest, it seems to me mostly an excuse for people to be biased against RPG characters, since it always gets brought up against Fire Emblem or Golden Sun ones, while at the same time you never see it applied to the likes of "Wind Waker" Link, nor does or did anyone complain about Metaknight or Pit being sword-wielders.

Zevox

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
You know, this seems to be the only successful "my brawl character prediction" thread. All the others are forgotten and unpopular.

Props to Wiseguy.
Yes, this is the best and most rational prediction thread! Every other guy has Mega Man in the top and Simon at the bottom or near the bottom. Every other guy has stupid characters in their list (Master Chief anyone?). Wiseguy is the coolest guy on Earth, after me of course!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
MM should be the next 3P considered, that's where wisey "is" off. ;)

6 swords: YLink Link MK Pit Ike Marth
5 heavy: Bowser DK Ridley Charizard Ganon
6 fast: Fox Falcon Sonic Zamus Krystal Falco
6 airborn: Kirby Peach MK Pit Jiggs Ridley Charizard

We are missing SMALL characters :(

With Pichu gone, we get Olimar...then who? Pikachu is small, Squirtle?

I want small people!!!!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Agreed. Really, its a pretty poor argument to say that a character's chosen weapon is a reason not to include him or her, especially with the fact that most of the characters we have fight without weapons, yet that doesn't seem to exclude more characters of that sort. Besides, to be honest, it seems to me mostly an excuse for people to be biased against RPG characters, since it always gets brought up against Fire Emblem or Golden Sun ones, while at the same time you never see it applied to the likes of "Wind Waker" Link, nor does or did anyone complain about Metaknight or Pit being sword-wielders.

Zevox
Those who argue against Golden Sun characters with the "too many swords" argument, have no clue what they're talking about.

..but what does it matter? It doesn't look like a GS rep is going to happen.

raul

Smash Lord

Zevox
I agree with you guy. I too believe the "too many swords conflict is a poor one, even though I posted the thought. I only bring it up because this could be a factor to side a final character to implement in the game. Note how I said "could be" but not "absolutely".

It is a poor argument and if stops character like Marth or the Black Knight or whoever from getting into Brawl, then I feel we as fans might be let down. It should not matter what weapon a character uses. And historically, swords are bad a$$ weapons.

I also agree with Michiah for Brawl. The more I think about, the more I'd appreciate more magic characters. Brings a sense of uniquness and a well deserving female character

raul

Smash Lord
Why in the hell hasn't Sakurai shown us any more bosses yet? He's shown us one and it was some stupid plant in a sexy speedo.
Perhaps he wishes to crush our hopes of the Black Knight, Dr. Robotnik, King Dedede, Ridley, King K. Rool and so forth as playable characters in one fell swoop...by transforming them all into bosses and not revealing it till one plays the game!!!!!!!

Hopefully not.

Top Bottom