• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
There are many other facts supporting Marth, you don't have to use something as dumb as that to give Marth more leway. He's a shoe in character.

Tell me right now why Micaiah cannot be in Super Smash Brothers, and your reasons better be backed up with evidence. She wasn't even in the events of Path of Radiance. The reason you provided above is stupid.

The reason why the stage is generic is that represents Fire Emblem a whole it has nothing to do with what playable characters it recieves.

-Knight
How's this then? Two Fire Emblem reps is enough. Ike is in, and Marth is a dead giveaway.

Also, work on that anger problem of yours. Not too appealing.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
How's this then? Two Fire Emblem reps is enough. Ike is in, and Marth is a dead giveaway.

Also, work on that anger problem of yours. Not too appealing.
I was just explaining something. :/ did it seem I put an emotion of anger in that? I didn't. I do think Fire Emblem is deserving of 3 characters since it's world-wide release with FE7.

-Knight

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Tell me right now why Micaiah cannot be in Super Smash Brothers, and your reasons better be backed up with evidence.
-Knight
It occurred to me that what matters isn't that a game comes out before Smash comes out (meaning FE: Radiant Dawn drops before Brawl), it matters whether or not the developers working on Brawl 1) even knew about Micaiah as they first began working on Brawl, 2) actually wanted her in, and even then 3) they would have had to work very closely with the developers of Radiant Dawn to assure she has proper move sets, character design, et cetera.
I really doubt this happened.
Now, I realize this is a similar argument to the whole "only games from last generation will get in" or "it's too new" argument, but it's different. This one actually explains those ideas in a way that makes sense and allows for many potential exclusions, especially when it comes to Nintendo's top 3 franchises.

Most likely all the characters in Brawl were decided in the first year or so that Brawl was in development.

Sure- Snake has the music and a few moves from MGS4, but they were working very closely with Kojima, so even though the games (MGS4 and Brawl) are coming out near each other, it was possible to implement a few newer things.

With Micaiah though, not only did she not exist before the current game she's about to be released in, but Nintendo doesn't know how audiences will take to her and if she'll be popular, and the developers of Brawl likely didn't know anything about her potential move sets as they were deciding a roster as she was likely still being fleshed out throughout the simultaneous development of Radiant Dawn.

Therefore, because the Black Knight can already be designed from what the developers knew of him from FE:poR, he's more likely.

But in all honesty, I think Marth usurps the Black Knight as well. Ike is too different to replace him, Marth is a favorite, he provides homage to the first of the FE games (and thus would make sense for the stage to be generic), and he already has everything but a final smash done and the developers aren't going to throw away that work.
So if you want to hold on to your hopes for the Black Knight, replace Micaiah with Marth.
There were certainly counter arguments.

Or they would have just had to play PoR and asked them if using light magic from that game was ok for her...
She was popular in her game in Japan and she had a lot of buzz when she was first announced (before Brawl was even given a name, back when it was still SSBR)
I'm pretty sure that at least one of them would have played the FE series and would know something about how Light Magic works.

Also Roy.
The thing is, all of the producers who provide characters for Brawl work closely with Masahiro Sakurai with the characters used, character models, stages, music, items, everything. If Mr. Sakurai said he wanted a main character the whole world could recognize that's radically different from Ike, I'm sure they'd present Macaiah. She's the first spellcaster Lord that can known worldwide and from a Fire Emblem that doesn't suck (*Cough*Gaiden*cough*).

Roy or his game weren't very good yet they put him in not knowing how the game would be received, so the lack of foreknowledge of its success is irrelevant.

I should also mention the released date of Radiant Dawn is less than a month apart from Brawl.As I said earlier, they could have easily have easily gotten enough basic information for Macaiah by the end of 2006, including her unique qualities. Something like her in-game character description could have been done much later.
Well, Kirby Knight... that was my shot. I think that while my argument was provided with good counter-arguments, they weren't enough to disprove it (I'm pretty sure anything other than news of Micaiah in Brawl could disprove it), but they do provide leeway for the possibility. Anyway, I still think it stands as a debatable possible strike against her.

Though I'd also love the Fire Emblem line up to be Ike, Marth, Micaiah.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
There were certainly counter arguments.

Well, Kirby Knight... that was my shot. I think that while my argument was provided with good counter-arguments, they weren't enough to disprove it (I'm pretty sure anything other than news of Micaiah in Brawl could disprove it), but they do provide leeway for the possibility. Anyway, I still think it stands as a debatable possible strike against her.

Though I'd also love the Fire Emblem line up to be Ike, Marth, Micaiah.
I recall reading those, but thanks for reposting them ^_^ Though to be honest I don't know how the Black Knight has a better chance of appearing than her or any other Fire Emblem lord type character. Many people have overrated the Black Knight's claims of importance and are only judging him on superfical aspects, ex the way he looks etc.

Miciaiah's inclusion would be a plus for IS, because her apperance would most likely boost sales of Radiant Dawn, also considering she has a fanbase in Japan that think that serves as a testing grounds for how she'd be recived outside of Japan. Her inclusion would also give life to the boring all sword Fire Emblem roaster (I'm well aware that character who use sword fighting can be very different, but they could never be as unique as a magic user).

When I look at Micaiah I see Roy 2.0 unlike Roy her game has a world wide release. She would not be anything like the other lords to be included into the roaster (Ike, Marth) She's well recived in Japan. Granted IS could have been working with Sakurai to develop Micaiah. What game developer wouldn't want to hype up their upcoming game?

Again thanks for reposting those arguments. I can only pray that Micaiah doesn't turn out like Lyndis, as I was disgusted by her appearing as an AT only.

-Knight

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Micaiah would never be an AT. Either she will rep FE10 as playable or FE10 won't get any reps at all.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Well i saw a video of micaiah recently and some of those huge light explosions does hint at an AT, of course it could also be a Final Smash. Sakurai should really start announcing newcomers...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Hey wisey,

Luigi BowserJr PMario Dedede Falco Krystal Ridley Jiggs M2 Lucario Ness Falcon Olimar MegaM G&W Marth Micaiah CSLink Ganon Midna Isaaic etc etc etc... And More and then some...
Who "WOULD NOT" be a fun character to play as? You want more charaters? Right? Fun characters? A massive variety? Can't be too hard to make 4 more over the course of...years!

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
But is Micaiah the only possible female Fire Emblem rep?
Nah, there are lots of females in Fire Emblem. The list is staggering.
Micaiah is practically the only reasonable candidate now though, as she's recent/relevant.

Wiki: Lists of FE Characters via Series or Wiki: Table of All FE Characters
Click on either of those and you'll see plenty of options: Eirika, Elincia, Mist, Sheeda...

I saw another Fire Emblem for DS pic that had Marth and Sheeda together on it.
Now that's an idea I hadn't thought of before.
Sheeda as a potential Marth clone?

Certainly not in place of him, but could be a good last-minute character addition.
And easier to do than Micaiah...

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
You think your's doesn't stand a chance?

I got ya beat in that department.
Nephenee was my strongest character in Path of Radiance. Seriously, she was a beast. She dodged or blocked everything while attacking back twice with high critical hit ratios.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Nephenee was my strongest character in Path of Radiance. Seriously, she was a beast. She dodged or blocked everything while attacking back twice with high critical hit ratios.
I haven't used her...untill this currently playthough. She's turning out quite nicely (unlike Brom >_> what a loser none of my Knight's/General's gain any defence).

-Knight

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Nah, there are lots of females in Fire Emblem. The list is staggering.
Micaiah is practically the only reasonable candidate now though, as she's recent/relevant.

Wiki: Lists of FE Characters via Series or Wiki: Table of All FE Characters
Click on either of those and you'll see plenty of options: Eirika, Elincia, Mist, Sheeda...
The thing about most of the main females in the older FEs better serve as ATs.

Sheeda (FE1/3) and Elincia (FE9-10) are both Peg. Knights.
Mist (FE9-10) is better out as a healer than a fighter.
Ninian (FE7) is more about support.
Lilian (FE6) comes from a very unpopular game (Roy's game) and her importance is very minimal.

We are only down to Eirika (FE8), Lyn (FE7), and Micaiah (FE10).

One is deconfirmed, the other is unpopular.

can you guess who's left?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I fail to see how Micaiah is "popular" though.
Popularity should not be the only factor to take into consideration when it comes to a character addtion though. Granted Micaiah gained more popularity when Lyndis was deconfirmed, but that doesn't change the facts surrounding Micaiah.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
Facts: Micaiah is the main character on one FE game(just like a billions of other FE characters). She would be an interesing character because she uses magic, and... she's a female?

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Facts: Micaiah is the main character on one FE game(just like a billions of other FE characters). She would be an interesing character because she uses magic, and... she's a female?
So Zelda is?... Seriously all I hear about Micaiah is that she's a magic user, and we already have one of those. Is there any female FE character that can bring something vaguely unique such as a different weapon style from Link, Marth, and Ike?

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
So Zelda is?... Seriously all I hear about Micaiah is that she's a magic user, and we already have one of those. Is there any female FE character that can bring something vaguely unique such as a different weapon style from Link, Marth, and Ike?
Your statment slighty confuses me. Micaiah is the female in question that brings a unique fighting style from Link, Marth and Ike. Her magic is nothing like Zelda's; just youtube a few vids of the Radiant Dawn ( The critical collection is a great one) and see for yourself.

-Knight

Top Bottom