• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... yeah. I had never heard of her before Lyn was deconfirmed. Then all of the sudden she's the most likely newcomer in the FE series, that's just a little odd.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean Americans didn't care about until Lyn's deconfirmation, she was popular there even before Brawl was deep in the works.
That's what I meant...

But no one HAD any point for her UNTIL Lyn was deconfirmed...

...and how do you know she's that big in Japan?

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
That's what I meant...

They actually did, but as you said, it didn't get much attention, sadly. Back when she was first announced (and unnamed), I made a thread here about her, called it "New Fire Emblem Girl for Brawl." Only a few agreed. In Fire Emblem boards, though, she was the popular subject. Maybe it was because of her cute looks and the fact she's a light mage.

Also, I been reading that she's big in Japan, but I have yet to see any proof of these. Anyone has a link or some sort?

On more thing: What do you have against Micaiah?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They actually did, but as you said, it didn't get much attention, sadly.

Also, I been reading that she's big in Japan, but I have yet to see any proof of these. Anyone has a link or some sort?

On more thing: What do you have against Micaiah?
Nothin, but she's suddenly the most likely and no one cared until Lyn was confirmed and now suddenly people act like they supported her all along

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
That's what I meant...

I happen to have some information on Japanese pop culture (I've got a friend who is obsessed with all things Japan) and knew how big all FE characters are, and that includes even Machiah. I'm not saying she's that big, but she's equal with all the other characters.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Nothin, but she's suddenly the most likely and no one cared until Lyn was confirmed and now suddenly people act like they supported her all along

Micaiah's popularity/support greatly increased after Lyndis was deconfirmed. I was a Lyn fan and gave her my full support up untill she was confirmed as an AT only; while I was aware of Micaiah's existance while supporting Lyndis, I wanted Lyndis to get in before her. If for some reason Lyndis would be deconfirmed (which she has been) my support would go to my 2nd most wanted Fire Emblem character, that being Micaiah.

Micaiah does have several big things going for her that may have given her more of a reason to be included than Lyndis such as: A Micaiah inclusion would represent Radiant Dawn/ boost sales outside of Japan. Represents a side of Fire Emblem that hasn't been seen before, her light magic skills. Overall a Micaiah inclusion as much at a hate to admit it would be more unique than Lyndis could ever be, and perhaps Sakurai seen that.

Many people want to see a side of Fire Emblem that isn't base don sword fighting; and Micaiah would bring that something different if she was to be included. Being female is an extra plus too (Not a sole reason as to why she should get in).

-Knight

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah is my most wanted character for Brawl for the time being...Smash Bros needs more females, and she would be the first Fire Emblem character in Smash who DOES NOT USE A SWORD. I can definitely see her being my new favorite character. Mass popularity should not be an issue.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Simon is getting in, especially with the way they remade him lok...

just....eww...
I wasn't really saying that Simon will be in the game instead of Mega Man, I was just pointing out that Simon is just as iconic as Mega Man is. And about his new look, I think he looks much better than he did before. A lot more dignified and a lot cooler (FLAMING RED HAIR). He's also a bishounen now, and that's pretty normal in Japan. I don't think they would abandon him just because of his new look...if they don't like it, they can convert to his old look but IMO his new look is much, much, MUCH better than his old "Conan the Barbarian" look.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wasn't really saying that Simon will be in the game instead of Mega Man, I was just pointing out that Simon is just as iconic as Mega Man is. And about his new look, I think he looks much better than he did before. A lot more dignified and a lot cooler (FLAMING RED HAIR). He's also a bishounen now, and that's pretty normal in Japan. I don't think they would abandon him just because of his new look...if they don't like it, they can convert to his old look but IMO his new look is much, much, MUCH better than his old "Conan the Barbarian" look.
However, he probably wouldn't have been icoic if he looked like that originally

Shuma

Smash Hero
So... because Lyn was deconfirmed and Micaiah became very popular all of the sudden... that means she'll use her light magic to pop up on Brawl?

I really have nothing against Micaiah(other than the fact that she could steal BK's spot) but besides being popular in Japan... i don't see how she has great chances, when even Sakurai himself sayd he wasn't going to add characters just because Japan likes them. And if Micaiah's chances revolver strongly around that.... well... i don't really think she would be in Brawl.

And in comparision, the Black Knight, like Ike, would Rep 2 games, he's the only possible Fe PC villain(Well, not the only possible, but the more probable), and he is popular both in Japan and America.

Simon_Belmont

Smash Apprentice
However, he probably wouldn't have been icoic if he looked like that originally
How do you know? Some people like you don't like the new look. However, many people actually prefer the newer designs to the older ones. And again, it's different in Japan. In Japan, they don't hate characters if they have flaming red hair and are pretty boys or have some kind of whimsical design or anything similar. Heck, half of Japanese character designs in video games, anime and such are very, very whimsical and, how shall I put it, "off-the-wall". Just saying the facts here, no offense. ;)

Elysium

Smash Lord
Hmmm, who would've thunk that this would turn into a few page debate...

Anyway, this really wont end. People will still pick BK over Micaiah because "he's awesome" and he's a reoccurring FE villain (which kinda ups his chance), but with ever other debate the other side is that Micaiah could be a unique rep(swordless) for FE, and she's a female (ups her chances). It's kinda like the Falco/starwolf debate. It simply wont end until one or the other is confirmed.

*Edit* BK is also know in America, increases his chances more, but i'm sure people will argue that Americans know about Micaiah too, But I highly doubt it's to the point that BK is... Thanks Shuma

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
So... because Lyn was deconfirmed and Micaiah became very popular all of the sudden... that means she'll use her light magic to pop up on Brawl?

I really have nothing against Micaiah(other than the fact that she could steal BK's spot) but besides being popular in Japan... i don't see how she has great chances, when even Sakurai himself sayd he wasn't going to add characters just because Japan likes them. And if Micaiah's chances revolver strongly around that.... well... i don't really think she would be in Brawl.

And in comparision, the Black Knight, like Ike, would Rep 2 games, he's the only possible Fe PC villain(Well, not the only possible, but the more probable), and he is popular both in Japan and America.
Oh way to go and ignore all of Micaiah's good points :/ I really do wish that Black Knight and Micaiah fans weren't so opposed all the time, but whatever. Both sides are so bias towards their "favorite" that the argument will go nowhere untill Sakurai himself either confirmes or deconfirmes them.

Nothing to do but wait.

-Knight

Shuma

Smash Hero
Look at Elysium's post, he sums it up pretty well from a not biased point of view.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Hmmm, who would've thunk that this would turn into a few page debate...

Anyway, this really wont end. People will still pick BK over Micaiah because "he's awesome" and he's a reoccurring FE villain (which kinda ups his chance), but with ever other debate the other side is that Micaiah could be a unique rep(swordless) for FE, and she's a female (ups her chances). It's kinda like the Falco/starwolf debate. It simply wont end until one or the other is confirmed.

*Edit* BK is also know in America, increases his chances more, but i'm sure people will argue that Americans know about Micaiah too, But I highly doubt it's to the point that BK is... Thanks Shuma
Hmm.. This pretty much sums the BK vs. Micaiah debate.

So to sum up the sides:

Black Knight
-awesome
-reoccurring villain
-popular in Japan and America

Micaiah
-female
-unique
-popular in Japan and recently in America

Seems we have a tie.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Yeah. A tie. How about MARTH?

Two FE reps is enough.
Marth isn't part of this discussion right now. It is obvious he has the highest chance of appearing. Of course if your going to say Two Fire Emblem reps is enough, I would be honored if you would grace us with your opinion on how many characters every franchise should get.

With Fire Emblem's boost in popularity since the release of FE7 I think it would be acceptable to have 3 reps.

-Knight

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
change the topic we understand that michaiah(or somehting)might get in we understand black knight may get in.think about it though in melee a unpopular franchise got two people.now with it being more popular mabye we could expect more than 3 meaning ike,marth,BK and micaiach.this would mean we would be getting over 40 im guessing we may get 48 chars in total(that including original moveset as well.)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
change the topic we understand that michaiah(or somehting)might get in we understand black knight may get in.think about it though in melee a unpopular franchise got two people.now with it being more popular mabye we could expect more than 3 meaning ike,marth,BK and micaiach.this would mean we would be getting over 40 im guessing we may get 48 chars in total(that including original moveset as well.)
4 Fire Emblem characters would be nice, but that's overpushing the limits. It would be nice if they could make everyone happy (Adding the Black Knight and Micaiah), but that's not likely to happen.

Though this roaster size is eluding, it could be very big or somewhat modest. I'm basicly just guessing with no reasoning here but I would assume 40 would be the base and it could be raised to almost 50. I do not see a brawl roaster with over 50 characters.

-Knight

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
i like the fact you are trying to change the topic....
the other would be emm...argh i cant decide..black knight could fit in becuase we need more awsome chararcters but the 'chick' could fit because she is another female and magic user.....

Oh Oh Oh Oh.the only reson Lyn was made AT was becuase look another sword user.Micia(or something)isnt so this may m,ake her the chararcter instead of Bk as he too uses as sword.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i like the fact you are trying to change the topic....
the other would be emm...argh i cant decide..black knight could fit in becuase we need more awsome chararcters but the 'chick' could fit because she is another female and magic user.....

Oh Oh Oh Oh.the only reson Lyn was made AT was becuase look another sword user.Micia(or something)isnt so this may m,ake her the chararcter instead of Bk as he too uses as sword.
yeap.

Burger King is cool and all but no more swords please!. If he comes with an axe or a lance is fine... but please if he comes with a sword,,,, Micaiah for thw win.

Heck, with or wirthout sword i root for Micaiah

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
yeap.

Burger King is cool and all but no more swords please!. If he comes with an axe or a lance is fine... but please if he comes with a sword,,,, Micaiah for thw win.

Heck, with or wirthout sword i root for Micaiah

emm....yeah..burger king is too similar to Macdonals therel ike clones. mabye they should invent a new phrase like
KILL the FU**ING CHICKEN:or mabye its just a kfc clone?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
sorry, but I really doubt Marth will be coming back. Ike already takes the position of blue haired swordsman, and he does it without looking like a pretty pretty princess. I'd like to see a spearman, axeman, or magic using Fire Emblem rep. That knight girl with the axe would be really cool, plus it would be another female. I forget her name. But Marth was nice to have, but I dont think most players liked him because he was Marth, so much as they liked him because he was a swordsman/high tier. Ike FTW

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
sorry, but I really doubt Marth will be coming back. Ike already takes the position of blue haired swordsman, and he does it without looking like a pretty pretty princess. I'd like to see a spearman, axeman, or magic using Fire Emblem rep. That knight girl with the axe would be really cool, plus it would be another female. I forget her name. But Marth was nice to have, but I dont think most players liked him because he was Marth, so much as they liked him because he was a swordsman/high tier. Ike FTW
Well Marth's importance to the overall Fire Emblem series makes him almost a shoe in. Personally I could care less if Marth came back, but that still does not change the face of Marth's importance.

I'm really rooting Miciaiah; a mage who uses light magic, she'd be entirely unique from anything seen on the Fire Emblem roaster. I hope Sakurai see's how unique she is and adds her. She's also very very important to the storyline Radiant Dawn so she would not be just added because she uses light magic.

-Knight

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Marth isn't part of this discussion right now. It is obvious he has the highest chance of appearing. Of course if your going to say Two Fire Emblem reps is enough, I would be honored if you would grace us with your opinion on how many characters every franchise should get.

With Fire Emblem's boost in popularity since the release of FE7 I think it would be acceptable to have 3 reps.

-Knight
Wow, this FE thing is still going on? Jeez, no one even stops to think of the poor dissapointed Meowth fans, both of them. :chuckle:

But seriously, FE isn't all that important a game, I wouldn't give them more than two character reps.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
Marth has very good chances. Also, Fire Emblem having three representatives is plausible because of their recent popularity. They were able to snag two in Melee without having arrived in the U.S. yet. Now, I think we could see three spots being used. As to who will get the final one, it'd be nice to see someone other than a swordsman. A magic user would be ideal for me even though the Black Knight is quite the bad ***.

I'd lean to Micaiah for her unique-ness that she could bring to Brawl's table.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Wow, this FE thing is still going on? Jeez, no one even stops to think of the poor dissapointed Meowth fans, both of them. :chuckle:
"Meowth. It’s considered a major Pokémon"

It's considered a major Pokemon? I never played another pokemon game after red and blue, but never did I think of Meowth as a major pokemon. Maybe it's because of the anime.. cuz in the game he sucked.
Lame update if you ask me.
**Trying to change the subject off the FE debate** ;)

Shuma

Smash Hero
I might be wrong, but isn't the Black knight the first FE villain to appear in more than 1 game? that has to count for something... also, does he even die in Radiant dawn?

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I'm not rooting for Black Knight on this one. We do not need more sword characters, especially from Fire Emblem. Fire Emblem should include Micaiah for two obvious reasons:

-She's female. Smash Bros is severely lacking in female characters.

-She doesn't use a sword. She uses magic.

Besides, I'm not a huge fan of the Black Knight. He's a little generic... of course I wouldn't mind if he ended up in Brawl.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I might be wrong, but isn't the Black knight the first FE villain to appear in more than 1 game? that has to count for something... also, does he even die in Radiant dawn?
IIRC that Dragon in FE1 also appeared in FE3. The only thing that counts for is..The Black Knight has appeared in two games of a continuing timeline; I really don't see that important enough to note about him anyway. He's importance should only be determined by his story value. Not game apperances.

I mean Anna has been in almost every single Fire Emblem game to this date; should she be included just because of that?

Also, if anyone does answer if the Black Knight dies please put spoiler quotes around it.

-Knight

Top Bottom