• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Imagine Nook working like Tanooki Mario!!! He could even have the slow hover fall thing if they implimented it

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I am dissapointed that you removed Reseti, especially after mentioning the icon theories.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord

Dr. Stewart as a trophie? But he was already a trophie in melee unless...... DR. STEWART IS PLAYABLE!!!!

I'm joking of course but I do think it's strange for Sakurai to make the same character a trophie two games in a row.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord

Dr. Stewart as a trophie? But he was already a trophie in melee unless...... DR. STEWART IS PLAYABLE!!!!

I'm joking of course but I do think it's strange for Sakurai to make the same character a trophie two games in a row.
How is it strange? Im sure a lot of trophies will repeat.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
How is it strange? Im sure a lot of trophies will repeat.
Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point in a character being a trophie twice in a row unless they are playable. Maybe I'm crazy and it doesn't mean anything that he's a trophy twice but it just seems strange to me that he would do that for someone who isn't playable or at least an AT.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it's just me but I don't see the point in a character being a trophie twice in a row unless they are playable. Maybe I'm crazy and it doesn't mean anything that he's a trophy twice but it just seems strange to me that he would do that for someone who isn't playable or at least an AT.
They presented the most important characters in nintendo's history in the firs game...what, are they only going to make trophies of the characters hardly anyone knows of or has no significance?

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
They presented the most important characters in nintendo's history in the firs game...what, are they only going to make trophies of the characters hardly anyone knows of or has no significance?
The first game had no trophies and with the incredibly large amount of characters in Nintendo's history to me it makes no sense to have someone as a trophy twice in a row unless they have a higher role like AT or playable. You can dissagree if you want but I really don't care.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The first game had no trophies and with the incredibly large amount of characters in Nintendo's history to me it makes no sense to have someone as a trophy twice in a row unless they have a higher role like AT or playable. You can dissagree if you want but I really don't care.
I really don't care either

Shadowplusle

Smash Journeyman
Between Ridley, Sukupon, and Jigglypuff. i dont know who im going to choose as my main character. its going to complicated. anyone know if somebody made a moveset for Sukupon yet?

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Well, well, well. Looks like we got another bland update. Trophies whoopdie doo but, for those who have sharp eyes. This update confirms food. It also shows that Tingle will be in the game in one form or another. And that Slippy as a bluish aura around the trophy. Please, for the love of all that is good, let this signify anything else but playability.

To Shadowplusle: Duh, RIDLEY! C'mon, Ridley owns Jiggs and Sakupon combined.

To Numa Dude: I think that they can apear as a trophy twice if their insignificant. Particularly if their in the background of a stage.

I hope that Friday will be eventful, but I'm not going to be dissapointed if wee see A Week in 'Meh' #3.

'Nuff said.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy, your list now needs an Animal Crossing character with the recent interview:

Katsuya Eguchi, director of the Animal Crossing games, has been interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. In it he discusses the upcoming Animal Crossing game on the Wii, although one of the questions ties into Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
I've seen that interview three times today, and I doubt it's true. Resetti For Brawl!

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Just to reassure you folks, I haven't died. My absense is the result of the hell that was my Psychology test (my whole weekend was spent studying) but now that that's over with I can turn my attention to more important things.

Here's my two cents:

Snake: Best. Update. Ever. Snake is as deadly awesome as ever, his moveset is pure ownage and the MGS4 music is awe inspiring.

Trophies: I'm convinced that Tingle and Dr. Stewart are definitely not playable. Olimar's chances, however, look promising with the presense of the bulborb trophy. (EAT IT METALLIC SHADOW! Olimar owns!)

AC Character Rumor: It's pretty compelling, I must say. I'm not sure if I'm totally convinced (the Dojo is the only REAL sourse of Brawl info) but I'm seriously considering revising my list in that regard.

My Next Update: It's coming, I swear it. I've read some of the criticisms of my list, and I agree that some tweaks are in order. I'll also have my new, organized runner up section. Stay tuned for that.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
i feel ya wiseguy, i also had a psych test today.

I actually hope the Animal crossing character rumor is false. In favor of resetti :)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Trophies: I'm convinced that Tingle and Dr. Stewart are definitely not playable. Olimar's chances, however, look promising with the presense of the bulborb trophy. (EAT IT METALLIC SHADOW! Olimar owns!)
Of course, Pikmin had two trophies in Melee and no rep. Still, it seemed that Olimar as playable was a given to begin with. I don't see how they could make Brawl and not include him. The bulborb doesn't really sway my opinion on whether or not Olimar is in, but it makes me think it's a hint that we'll be seeing Olimar soon.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Wiseguy, no AC rep stands a chance. Well, not one currently in the series at least. Resetti has minimal importance, and the AC humans and Tom Nook have been deconfirmed. So let us again turn to the Miis. And if someone brings up that stupid icon point, I'll pwn them. ;) Seriously, because you totally see the icons in battle, and they're totally in the background like Tom Nook. And the PT totally fights [cuz of the red line], and Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are totally NPCs. WE barely know ANYTHING about the icons, and people already assume it deconfirms Miis. Biggest propganda since that whole triple character confirmation I tell you. :laugh:

Edit: And thank God for Tingle's deconfirmation! :) And the MGS4 music proves WW Link could use PH attacks, and all, since we've known about PH about 6 months longer then MGS4. Hopefully. And I'm glad Tingle got deconfirmed, because he sucks. Seriously. XD

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Rocket Barrel Barrage!?

So much for Guitar Guzzump being Diddy's final smash. I guess the good news is that now it might be a regular special attack.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you people seriusly think there is going to be NO AC PC in Smash?

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
In DK64, if I remember correctly, the Guitar (and the other musical instruments) killed all the enemies in the area (except for boss fights). How would it work as a "watered down" special move?..

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Even though that AC rumor may (is) fake I don't see why they wouldn't give AC a rep. Though using the Human AC character as one; you might as well use a Mii.

I don't really like the idea of Tom Nook being playable for some reason; I'd rather have K.K. Slider than him.

-Knight

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Wiseguy, no AC rep stands a chance. Well, not one currently in the series at least. Resetti has minimal importance, and the AC humans and Tom Nook have been deconfirmed. So let us again turn to the Miis. And if someone brings up that stupid icon point, I'll pwn them. Seriously, because you totally see the icons in battle, and they're totally in the background like Tom Nook. And the PT totally fights [cuz of the red line], and Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are totally NPCs. WE barely know ANYTHING about the icons, and people already assume it deconfirms Miis. Biggest propganda since that whole triple character confirmation I tell you.
Neither Nook nor the AC Humans are actually deconfirmed, and many people have provided logical reasons why Nook or the AC Human might be playable and also in the background of Smashville.
I agree with your point on Miis, but I was never a supporter or a detractor of them. :ohwell:
Edit: And thank God for Tingle's deconfirmation! And the MGS4 music proves WW Link could use PH attacks, and all, since we've known about PH about 6 months longer then MGS4. Hopefully. And I'm glad Tingle got deconfirmed, because he sucks. Seriously. XD
Sadly, it doesn't seem to be a deconfirmation of Tingle.
Look, the only characters whose chances are dead are ATs, Pe tey Piranha, R.O.B., and PokeBall Pokemon. Nook, Toad, Tingle, and Miis all still have a shot.
Olimar's chances, however, look promising with the presense of the bulborb trophy. (EAT IT METALLIC SHADOW! Olimar owns!)
I cheered when I saw the Bulborb! Huzzah! More representation for Pikmin! Hopefully the Onion, Dolphin, Louie, the President of Hocotate Freight, and even PikPik Carrots are trophies. And if we get a bunch of Pikmin stickers? That would be sexy. :grin:

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I've heard some people think you might unlock KK after attending his concert on Saturday nights... but what will happen if you play as him on a Sat. night? A paradox that causes KK's mind to explode? =P

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
I really do think if AC get's a rep (Which is surely will) K.K.Slider does have an edge over some of the characters. The Human in my honest opinion is entirely to generic; I think many people would rather play as an animal neighbor than him. Tom Nook well; he's a show keeper I really don't have an argument for him.

Totakeke would seem to have a edge over both of them. If you request K.K. Song on Saturday you will hear a tune called "Totaka's Song" which is a tribute to Kazumi Totaka a music composer (for such games like Mario Paint and Animal Crossing ) As well as voice acting for (Mario and Yoshi series sometimes).

Many say that K.K. Slider is an animal incarnation of Kazumi Totaka. At the Mario & Zelda Big Band Love concert Totaka sat down in a chair like K.K. Slider while Miyamoto put a picture of K.K. Slider next to him.

I think it would be a great tribute to Kazumi Totaka if K.K. Slider was to be a playable AC rep.

-Knight

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Trophies: I'm convinced that Tingle and Dr. Stewart are definitely not playable.
We have absolutley no proof that either of them is deconfirmed. Playable characters have trophies too so if anything being a trophy actually increases their chance of being playable.

And thank God for Tingle's deconfirmation!
Being a trophy does not deconfirm Tingle in any way. If it does than I guess your precious Mii's are deconfirmed because they are just stupid avatars.

I'm glad Tingle got deconfirmed, because he sucks. Seriously. XD

YOU MAKE TINGLE ANGRY!

Top Bottom