• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
And Sakurai said 1 or 2 more 3rd parties, not including Snake. So if you want to keep Simon so badly, at least add Sonic. He's practically a given- he's the most requested character for Brawl, Nintendo and Sega have long since gotten over their rivalry and Sega makes many games for Nintendo systems now, there's Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games- the list goes on and on. And Sonic in Brawl would only boost the sales of his games, so I don't see why Sega would say no to include him.

That where most people are wrong. Sonic is not a given. We have no idea if Nintendo wants to make multiple deals with multiple companies, paying multiple royalties. Just because we have one cross over in one game also doesn't mean that we will have it again in another game where one is already happening. Simon Belmont is more likely than Sonic given the information we know. We can speculate that Sonic is in due to how many people want him, but the legal issues involving him are things we don't know.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Nook's background apperance isn't really a deconfirmation at all, seeing what past games have had, and the fact that the backgrounds seem to be random as it is. Not only that, he wasn't in either of his standard clothes. (The suit or the apron) Also, the DS human got deconfrimed, not the standard GCN one with horns. (Also, could be the same deal as Nook) And it is also possible for Mr. Resseti. And every other series with a stage, icon, and item has a character, so it only seems logical. Until Brawl comes out without a AC character, you have to assume one will be in, because the streak has never been broken.
Why would they put them in the background in the first place if they were playable?

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
That where most people are wrong. Sonic is not a given. We have no idea if Nintendo wants to make multiple deals with multiple companies, paying multiple royalties. Just because we have one cross over in one game also doesn't mean that we will have it again in another game where one is already happening. Simon Belmont is more likely than Sonic given the information we know. We can speculate that Sonic is in due to how many people want him, but the legal issues involving him are things we don't know.
@ bolded part:

Snake appears because of a favor from one friend to another.
Sonic appears in a Nintendo game, while Mario appears in a SEGA game.

There's two of your royalties already paid off...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well, Falco was in talking in the background (or Fox if you're Falco) just for the heck of it. It can easily happen again. And even with Kojima begging, they still probably had to pay royalties. It's not smart to let something like that happen for free. And its still multiple royalties and contracts are present for one game, which isn't the same thing.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
The same reason why Mario isnt in the background of Delfino Plaza, or Link isnt in the background of Bridge of Eldin.
The difference between Tom Nook and Mario/Link is simple...

Link/Mario = Starting Roster
Tom Nook = Hidden Roster

It's a simple "If Then" situation to program Nook to appear in the background while he's hidden/not being played.

I'm more than willing to admit that his appearnce in the background DECREASES the likeihood that he'll be playable, but it doesn't instantly mean he won't be.

Just like a Toad appearing as Peach's B attack doesn't instantly prove that Toad won't appear as a playable character. Don't forget, there is the Toad species and then there is Toad the character.

Drascin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks. That's what I've been saying for ages. Sonic is one of the most probable newcomers, yes. But he is not a given by any means. Sakurai said "maybe 1 or 2 more, at most" when asked about third party chars. Emphasis on the maybe. If Sega, for whatever reason, decided not to allow him; if Sakurai didn't fancy him enough to go through all the legal trouble for him; if they decided to not add him to make Olimpic Games more unique; if... you get the drift. He's suited and has high chances, yes, but there's a lot of things that could go wrong, so, in my opinion, he's not nearly as much of a shoe-in as, say, Dedede.

And honestly, I'm thinking they'd reveal him a while before the game ships in Japan if he's there, being as much of a massive sales booster as it would certainly be. This alone is making my suspection of his absence grow every day, as November approaches and we get no signal. So, if Sonic is not confirmed in the Dojo or some Nintendo act during the following month (which means, until about three weeks before the game ships), I'm giving up all hope of him being in the game.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Isn't Brawl going to appear at E for All, which is coming up? Personally, I'd think that'd be the best time to reveal any 3rd party characters, as I'd think it'd have to be quite a bit before the game is released (Japan or America) to build up hype for them, as I doubt they'd keep them secret until the release. Personally, if we don't hear about them soon, I'm really going to start doubting their inclusion big time.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
If I may reiterate:

An AC charater is confirmed. All signs point to this. A stage, an item, music. Three updates on one franchise? I think we have enough proof. Even Ridley, one of the characters that are 'Most Wanted' for Brawl as less evidence. Flying. Coincidence. Ridley's Music? Again, it's only one update pointing to Ridley. Three updates pointing to AC. The odds are very much for them. Resetti for Brawl!

'Nuff said.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
An AC charater is confirmed..
That's funny. I don't see any AC characters in the newcomers section on the Smash Bros. Dojo!! site.

An AC character is possible, but not confirmed. Sakurai could have very well thought that AC would best be represented by a stage and an item. Not having an icon for the stage would seem weird as well. Before you bring up the argument "There where stages in Melee that had the Super Smash Bros. symbol.", realize that they all came from the Super Smash Bros. series.

Chains

Smash Apprentice
That's funny. I don't see any AC characters in the newcomers section on the Smash Bros. Dojo!! site.

An AC character is possible, but not confirmed. Sakurai could have very well thought that AC would best be represented by a stage and an item. Not having an icon for the stage would seem weird as well. Before you bring up the argument "There where stages in Melee that had the Super Smash Bros. symbol.", realize that they all came from the Super Smash Bros. series.
I 100% agree

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
If I may reiterate:

An AC charater is confirmed. All signs point to this. A stage, an item, music. Three updates on one franchise? I think we have enough proof. Even Ridley, one of the characters that are 'Most Wanted' for Brawl as less evidence. Flying. Coincidence. Ridley's Music? Again, it's only one update pointing to Ridley. Three updates pointing to AC. The odds are very much for them. Resetti for Brawl!

'Nuff said.

incorrect. an AC character is likely.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The difference between Tom Nook and Mario/Link is simple...

Link/Mario = Starting Roster
Tom Nook = Hidden Roster

It's a simple "If Then" situation to program Nook to appear in the background while he's hidden/not being played.

I'm more than willing to admit that his appearnce in the background DECREASES the likeihood that he'll be playable, but it doesn't instantly mean he won't be.

Just like a Toad appearing as Peach's B attack doesn't instantly prove that Toad won't appear as a playable character. Don't forget, there is the Toad species and then there is Toad the character.
As much as you want it to happen, I very much doubt it's going to happen. I wanted Toad, Tom Nook, and Cubone playable... However, Toad is a B move, and the other two are in backgrounds.

You saying "Oh, but they could be hidden.", doesn't really mean anything. Perhaps they have that slight chance of being playable, however that slight chance is really not big enough to start arguing that they might be in Brawl.

You might as well just give up your hope. That's what I did. If for some crazy reason Toad and Tom Nook are playable, that's great... but the fact that they have already been shown, and are not playable characters is pretty much enough to give up at this point.

The only exception I see are the AC humans or K.K. Slider. AC humans are generic. K.K. Slider, well Sakurai had the characters looking at him, which made it pretty suspicious.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Sorry, typo. An AC character is probably going to be conirmed.

Listen guy, looking at your list, it seems a little more ragged then it's former self. No Sonic? Suikupon? Geno? That's it, I'm tired of Criticizing. IT'S ON!!!

Mario-Duh
Luigi- Again, duh
Peach- Yep
Bowser- Surprise, surprise
Bowser Jr.- The New person to replace Doc

Link- No, I wasn't going to include him/sarcasm
Zelda- Die Sheik, die
Ganondorf- I know, unexpected
WW Link- Called Young Link, replacement for YL
Midna w/ Wolf Link- Makes Mario and Zelda even

Fox- McCloud, Fox McCloud
Krystal- More unique then Wolf, sorry Wolf Fans
Falco- Could be more diffrent from Fox, let's keep him

Pikachu- Pika, pika, you know the drill
Jigglypuff- Yeah, Jiggs
Mewtwo- Can be un-nerfed
Pokemon Trainer
Squirtle- Half Squirrle, half turtle
Ivysaur- A quadreped!
Charizard- Badass personified

Kirby- Pink blobs unite!
Metaknight- See OWNAGE
DeDeDe- Blue Penguins? How does that not fit in with Snake!?

DK- Donkey Kong, da bomb
DK- Diddy Kong

Samus: The 12!
Zamus: Samus: Taking off the suit since Metroid (Is the same character as Samus)
Ridley: Not your friendlist purple dinosaur

Ike- A two handed sword!?
Black Knight- A clone! Yay!
Machiah- Not a clone! Yay!

Ness- Screw you, Lucas, you'll never mess with the 12!

Yoshi- Who saw that coming!?

Wario- Wah! Rio!

Capt. Olimar- Woh, almost forgot you!

Capt. Falcon- The other capt.

Pit- I'm running out of witty sayings (As if I ever had any!)
Balloon Fighter- Why not?
Ice Climbers: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Snake- Look at him the wrong way, I dare you
Sonic- DUH!!!
Megaman: Megaman, Megaman, does whatever a.... wait...

Total: Mario: 5
Zelda: 5
Star Fox: 3
Pokemon:6
Metroid: 3
DK: 2
Kirby: 3
FE: 2.5
Other: 7
Third Party: 3

Total: 40.5

There guy! My realistically made list.

'Nuff said.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Mario-Duh
Luigi- Again, duh
Peach- Yep
Bowser- Surprise, surprise
Bowser Jr.- The New person to replace Doc

Link- No, I wasn't going to include him/sarcasm
Zelda- Die Sheik, die
Ganondorf- I know, unexpected
WW Link- Called Young Link, replacement for YL
Midna w/ Wolf Link- Makes Mario and Zelda even

Fox- McCloud, Fox McCloud
Krystal- More unique then Wolf, sorry Wolf Fans
Falco- Could be more diffrent from Fox, let's keep him

Jigglypuff- Yeah, Jiggs
Mewtwo- Can be un-nerfed
Pokemon Trainer
Ivysaur- A quadreped!

Kirby- Pink blobs unite!
Metaknight- See OWNAGE
DeDeDe- Blue Penguins? How does that not fit in with Snake!?

DK- Donkey Kong, da bomb
DK- Diddy Kong

Zamus: Samus: Taking off the suit since Metroid

Ike- A two handed sword!?
Black Knight- A clone! Yay!
Machiah- Not a clone! Yay!

Ness- Screw you, Lucas, you'll never mess with the 12!

Yoshi- Who saw that coming!?

Wario- Wah! Rio!

Animal Crossing Rep- I would say **OR** but then I'd be criticised, so I just went with this.

Pit- I'm running out of witty sayings (As if I ever had any!)
Balloon Fighter- Why not?
Ice Climbers: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Snake- Look at him the wrong way, I dare you
Sonic- DUH!!!
Megaman: Megaman, Megaman, does whatever a.... wait...

Total: 39.5

'Nuff said.
Jimmy... you left out the Chuck Falcon. Whats wrong with you?

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff- Yeah, Jiggs
Mewtwo- Can be un-nerfed
Pokemon Trainer
Ivysaur- A quadreped!

Zamus: Samus: Taking off the suit since Metroid

Total: 39.5

'Nuff said.
I don't think PT and Samus should be considered as multiple characters. As long as they only have one avatar(correct term?) on the character selection screen, they should only be considered as one character.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
As much as you want it to happen, I very much doubt it's going to happen. I wanted Toad, Tom Nook, and Cubone playable... However, Toad is a B move, and the other two are in backgrounds.
I said I wanted them? When? I could care less if they make it or not.

The only thing I want is my sig (or, at least, 5/6 of it) and a minimum of 40 characters (though 45 is what I'm hoping for.)

You saying "Oh, but they could be hidden.", doesn't really mean anything. Perhaps they have that slight chance of being playable, however that slight chance is really not big enough to start arguing that they might be in Brawl.
They could have a .0000001% chance of being playable and it's enough to argue that they might be in the game because they have a chance. The only way they wouldn't have a chance is if there was a 0% chance.

You might as well just give up your hope. That's what I did. If for some crazy reason Toad and Tom Nook are playable, that's great... but the fact that they have already been shown, and are not playable characters is pretty much enough to give up at this point.
Call me stubborn, but there is no logical reason to end support for Toad or Nook.

Once again, unless they are specifically pointed out as NOT PLAYABLE (like an AT or in one of the captions), then you cannot automatically assume that they aren't going to be playable. It's not hard to program Nook to leave the background if he's playable. Nor is it inconcievable to think that the Toad the Peach uses isn't THE Toad.

I already told you once, I agree that the likelihood of either Toad or Nook being playable is lower now than it was last year, but they have NEVER BEEN DECONFIRMED. I'm not saying it will happen, I'm not saying I want it to happen...but it is still possible to happen. So stop brushing them off to the side like they no longer have a chance.

The only exception I see are the AC humans or K.K. Slider. AC humans are generic. K.K. Slider, well Sakurai had the characters looking at him, which made it pretty suspicious.
KK is the only Animal Crossing character that I would say IS deconfirmed. He has an event every Saturday at 8PM. If he were playable and someone played him at that time, how would it work?

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
I don't think PT and Samus should be considered as multiple characters. As long as they only have one avatar(correct term?) on the character selection screen, they should only be considered as one character.
They still have to design a moveset for each part of the character. It saves space on the selection screen, yes, but that doesn't really change anything as far as development and balancing goes....

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
They still have to design a moveset for each part of the character. It saves space on the selection screen, yes, but that doesn't really change anything as far as development and balancing goes....
Well I guess that's true. Meh, I just want more characters in, and counting 1 char as 3 kind of defeats that purpose.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
KK is the only Animal Crossing character that I would say IS deconfirmed. He has an event every Saturday at 8PM. If he were playable and someone played him at that time, how would it work?
The same way that Tom Nook being playable would work. He'd be removed from the background. >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes, its a video game made by people in real life that have better things to do than pointlessly program things into a background only be to taken out every other match.
No one said that's how it would work

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Yeah, Nook could be in Brawl in numerous different ways, he could be in the background until you (in Adventure Mode or SE or something) unblock him, making him no longer appear in the background.

Snake. Pokemon Trainer. Ice Climbers. Mr. Game and Watch. What did they all do? They changed the rules. Now, third party characters are allowed. Now, 2-D characters aren't impossible. Now you can transform between characters or be in the background. It can happen, all it takes is a couple matrices. (Granted, the matrices would consist of thousands of numbers in code, but that's beside the point)

Anything can happen anything particularly an AC rep. There's the stage. There's the item. There's the music. How much more proof do you need to put 2 and 2 together!? "Oh, look an AC stage, looks like there won't be an AC rep!" as Carlos Mencia would say: Dee Dee Dee!

'Nuff said.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Phew, almost thought I'd be considered a poser. Well, 'Nuff said bretheren, what do you think, personally I think that Brawl is an open feild, but Nook seems unlikely along with Toad. I'd say that if you guys want Toad/Nook look to Toadsworth and Resetti

'Nuff said.
I don't want Toadsworth in, but Resetti would be awesome.

Bump-Man! Bump-Man! Does what ever a bump does! Can he bump up a thread? Take a look at this thread! Look out! Here come the Bump-Man!
Not to sound like a mod, but leave the bumping to GameFaqs. Bumping is considered spam and in your case double posting which is against the rules unless it was an accident.

Top Bottom