• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

SubparSmashBrother

Smash Ace
Wow, nice, solid, clone-less list. I love what you've done with the place. I could still argue to my grave on how Ice Climbers being confirmed doesn't mean Sheik has any chance, but you'll probably ignore it and pass me off as just another Sheik-hater. I'll just say this, though: Sheik will be Zelda's Final Smash. You can quote me on that ;)

Quetzacotyl

Smash Rookie
The predictions are much improved - I've been lurking in this thread occasionally for a long time and this is the most likely one I've seen so far!

I'm not sure about Midna or Geno (however, I do want Geno in) and I hope you're wrong about Krystal getting in but otherwise, good stuff!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Who said both Geno and Megaman can't be in Brawl...

...We'll have to see what happens but I still think Geno is getting in...

I think Sakurai was being relative since Megaman and Sonic will use other icons but Geno still counts as a Mario character...

Besides, the set limit is only an assumption based on an estimation Sakurai made before he decided on the characters

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I usually like guy's lists, but this one is like he is setting himself up for failure. That, that Suiki- Connect the dots freak!? Are you nuts? Cutting out Sonic? I know that the Ice Climbers dealt a pretty hard blow, but c'mon. Just do the simple thing. Get rid of Geno and put in Ice Climbers. Just don't do rash things like getting rid of Megaman and Sonic and yet you keep Simon Belmont!?

guy, I have lost all respect for your list-making abilities. I fear that you have made a grave error in making this list and it should be fixed. But, then again, the guy I know would never love Sheik...

guy, If you have a gun to your head type out: I need fresh melons for my salad.

I wish the best of you, guy. With just a few tweaks this list can be correct. But you are going way too far out there to even be remotely close.

My condolences,

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I usually like guy's lists, but this one is like he is setting himself up for failure. That, that Suiki- Connect the dots freak!? Are you nuts? Cutting out Sonic? I know that the Ice Climbers dealt a pretty hard blow, but c'mon. Just do the simple thing. Get rid of Geno and put in Ice Climbers. Just don't do rash things like getting rid of Megaman and Sonic and yet you keep Simon Belmont!?

guy, I have lost all respect for your list-making abilities. I fear that you have made a grave error in making this list and it should be fixed. But, then again, the guy I know would never love Sheik...

I wish the best of you, guy. With just a few tweaks this list can be correct. But you are going way too far out there to even be remotely close.

My condolences,

'Nuff said.

Why you hatin so much...So you don't like Geno or Mario RPG...A lot of people do...

But he shouldn't be in Brawl because YOU don't want him...that is selfish...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord

My condolences,

'Nuff said.
You have Midna w/Wolf Link in your sig as someone for Brawl, saying good characters like Geno fail just make you hypocritical when you got her in there with Wolf Link.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Woah, woah Psych, quit harshin my mellow. I just didn't like the idea of Geno for totally non-bias reasons. I happen to actually like Geno and the Mario RPGs. I just am saying that Geno's a retro third party secondary character. The odds are very against him. It's not that I don't like him, it's just that I think that his inclusion is unlikely.

At Luke: I love the Star Wars movies and respect your username, but what's with the hostility to Midna? She isn't third party. She's in a Recent game. She's a female. She's TP, which Brawl is focusing on. She's unique and has possible quadrepedal qualities, and by Ivysaur we know that Sakurai isn't opposed to the idea. I'm not hipocritical, and what woul her being 'in' with Wolf Link makes me a hipocrit? Midna just has better chances than Geno, and I'm willing to shell out big bucks that he will not be in Brawl.

So to all, just know that I'm not trying to show my personal prefrance, as it has been said: Just the facts.

EDIT: To what Yoster says to Pineapple: Ice Climbers are Nintendo and are Retro and Are main protagonists and offered a tattally unique experience (playing as a duo) that Geno can never do.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Midna may be recent, but she's been in less games than Geno and was just as important to her one game that Geno was in Mario RPG...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i personally think that geno fans are falsely boosting his chances. Just because you guys like him and think he deserves it doesn't mean he is going to be in. I have nothing against the guy but I just don't think he has as much of a chance as everyone makes him out to have.
No one knows what chances anyone has...it is all based on assumptions and Geno fans at least have more stuff to assume upon than other characters

...with "Evidence"...even if it will not mean the final decision

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
like the new list except the zelda section. imo i don't think zelda needs anymore rep past the triforce three-some

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I disagree. I actually want them to branch out past the fabled three and get some new characters. I mean, Mario goes past the Mario, Princess Peach, Bowser thing with the inclusion of Peach. I think that Zelda deserves one more character, guy's right, it is a toss up between Midna and WW Link. But either or, Zelda deserves another.

'Nuff said.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
Jimmy, that Bowser poster is the awesome. Yes, the awesome.

As for Wiseguy's new list, I'll give my opinion on the unconfirmed ones...

Luigi - Yeah, he's in...

Geno - One of the characters I support. I've only played a few parts of Super Mario RPG, but I did watch a friend of mine beat the game. He's a cool character and would love to see him. However, I do understand his status as a 3rd party character does hinder his chances greatly. All we can do is dream...

Sheik - hissss... I, like you, despise Sheik, but sadly he/she/it/potato does have a unique moveset and very likely to return. Our last hope is that Sakurai deems Zamus similar enough to "replace" him/her/it/potato.

Ganondorf - My biggest disappointment with Melee was perhaps the cloning of the King of Evil. Sakurai, give me unique badass Ganon, or give me Pichu...

Wind Waker Young Link - I kinda want Majora's Mask Young Link to come back, but I won't mind the cel-shaded version (but personally I think Nintendo whores this look out a little). Besides, the same Link from Wind Waker is now the "latest Link" (Phantom Hourglass is suppose to be a direct sequel to WW)

Midna+Wolf Link - As much as I think it would be cool to play as everyone's favorite shadow imp, I'm not sure how high her chances are despite having a large role in Twilight Princess. As long as she or Skull Kid gets in over Tingle (as a playable character), I'll be happy as far as Zelda characters go.

Jigglypuff - Part of the original 12, wouldn't be surprised if she came back. The only reason I can conquer up why they'd remove her is to make room for more "worthy" Pokemon (Perhaps to please you Lucario fanatics).

Mewtwo - I like to play as Mewtwo every now and then cause I think he has some cool moves, but they do need to redo/improve him. I think he does have a good chance of coming back, and hopefully they'll make him a better fighter.

King Dedede - One thing holds the Hammer King back: Sakurai's modesty.

Krystal - I loved StarFox Adventures, and it'd be nice to see Krystal in. With her staff she could bring some nice flavor to the table.

Wolf - Meh, there's more original villains. If they give him a good moveset to set him apart from Fox, I won't mind.

Falco - Like Ganon I hope they give him a unique moveset. He's my fav StarFox character so I hope he does return one way or another (as a PC, mind you)

Ridley - Really, is there NOT a reason to add this guy? Metroid deserves two characters (outside of Samus with and without armor). The Ridley thread speaks better on the matter than I can.

Black Knight/Miciaiah - I really should play the Fire Emblem games. I love strategy games, and I dig FE's art style. Make that a note to self... From what you tell me, Black Knight is ownage personified, no? I'd give him a try if he was in. Miciaiah? Meh, no comment.

Cap. Falcon - You're right. He, the knee, and the punch are coming back.

Lucas - About the whole Lucas replacing Ness thing... I'm thinking Sakurai will stick to international characters as playable, thus why we have Ike confirmed but Marth nowhere in sight. However, the whole "Lucas was suppose to be in Melee but Mother 3 was delayed" argument is completely valid, and being the latest hero in the series helps. Either way, someone's filling in the Mother niche.

Mr. Game & Watch - He won't be the "WTF??" character anymore, but theres no reason to get rid of him.

Cap. Olimar - Oddly enough I've never played the Pikmin games, so I can't say I'm a fan. However, I whole heartily support completely original characters. Olimar for Brawl!

Issac - Never played the Golden Sun games either, however he doesn't appeal to me as much as a certain Captain... *runs away from GS fanboys*

Suikupon - I've only recently heard of this character, thanks to the "Suikupon for Brawl!" thread. Looks like he'd be a fun, if ood, addition.

Simon Belmont - Castlevania, one of those classic game series I never got into for some reason. I think the only thing really holding Simon back is if Nintendo wants to limit the number of 3rd party characters per company. Remember, Snake got in because Kojima and Sakurai are buddies, not because Nintendo and Konami wanted him in. You do have a good point, though

And that does it! Have a good one ;)

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
My post last night was living testimony to the stupidity of staying up to 2 am. One's brain tends to get wonky at that time. :psycho:
Anyhoo, I still stand by my comments on Pokemon in the roster. I don't care WHO represent Gen. 2-4, just as long as there's at least one PC from one of those generations. Pokemon is under-respected, IMO.
I dunno where the Geno hate came from, other than from my love of the Paper Mario series.
In my opinion, the best path is to make a 45-character list. Then, you have more of a chance of predicting ALL the characters. I'd recommend adding Paper Mario, Lucario, Marth, Sonic, and Little Mac. That would improve the list significantly.

If you can explain to me why the Ice Climbers have enough merit to be in, but Geno doesn't, I may agree with you. Nana & Popo don't even have the popularity argument
Well, they were in Melee, but I'd rather not argue why the Climbers were added. The question is whether Geno on his own merits deserves it. And keep in mind popularity may have nothing to do with whether a character deserves to be a PC in Brawl.
The burden of proof is on YOU to prove Geno's worth.
I don't care, as long as Paper Mario gets in. And Paper Mario is just crazy enough, the kind of character Sakurai would love to implement. Pretty ridiculous with all the 3-D characters, but therein lies the fun.

Sukapon is cute, hypnotically so. Darn little robot. Can't make myself hate it. :(

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Paper Mario with Kooper!

Wait! Baby Yoshi (I call him YoYo.)

Or, perhaps, alternating partners? Everytime you press Down + B, you randomly get one of five or six characters... Awesome!

Quetzacotyl

Smash Rookie
Why i think Geno shouldn't be in Brawl:

3 third party slots
Megaman

-end
1. Sonic (which I just noticed isn't on this list, which is odd)
2. Geno
3. Megaman

To be honest, there're many Capcom characters I'd prefer to Megaman, personally (Viewtiful Joe comes to mind, though he's unlikely now that his series has died) and given the choice between Nintendo courting Squeenix and getting Geno or courting Capcom and getting Megaman ... I'd much prefer Geno. I'm not commenting on their chances though.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Al, you and I are on quite the same page. You just reiterated what I have been saying all along. (except Sukupon, I really am not holding out for him.)

Listen, Geno fans. Geno is awesome, but he's a retro (a select few), a secondary character (again, lessens chances),and he's a third party character (let's not get our hopes up for four third party characters, personally, I think we'll be lucky to get two). The odds are so agaiinst him that I woulen't get my hopes up.

Black Knight, you seem to be 'ownage personified' you will be the one I will make into my next inspirational poster!

Paper Mario, I really, really want you in, but chances are you wont get in due to you being another Mario. Why!? Oh well, I'm not sure there ever was a 'Yo-yo' as you call him, I always thought that Baby Mario was always young, but in every game the Yoshis look the same.

Yes, Skapuon is cute, but I can hate him. Play the flash game 'Throw Me' and you will see why.

'Nuff said.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hmm.. It looks like the list got revised finally.

Bold move with not including Sonic, and technically, a Belmont is the most likely third party character, due to Konami already supplying Snake.

I personally do not see Geno showing up, bar some type of miracle. Instead, I'd think that Paper Mario would be in his place, or Bowser Jr. But, in my opinion, PM's inclusion would also secure Cel Link's inclusion, as each of the main characters of the "big three" would have a alt form. Conversely, I'd think that if Bowser Jr. was in, then it would be Midna for the LoZ side.

I could go either way with Falco or Wolf, but when you look at it, Wolf seems like he may have the greater potential for a moveset as opposed to Falco, but Falco was in last time. Hard call.

Micaiah should be in before Black Knight, no question. BK would be a clone, no helping it. With people like Wolf or Cel Link, you can make them different, but the chances of doing that for the Black Knight are slim to none. The fact that he has warp powder does not constitute a new moveset. Thus, Micaiah, being a fresh face, a good character to use to promote FE10, and also being part of the under exploited magic users group would be a better choice IMHO.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Micaiah should be in before Black Knight, no question. BK would be a clone, no helping it. With people like Wolf or Cel Link, you can make them different, but the chances of doing that for the Black Knight are slim to none. The fact that he has warp powder does not constitute a new moveset. Thus, Micaiah, being a fresh face, a good character to use to promote FE10, and also being part of the under exploited magic users group would be a better choice IMHO.
Go check the Black Knight thread and his moveset. Tell me that's a clone and then come back and say this. I could very well say Macaiah would be a Zelda clone cause she uses magics. But I'm not going to, and I'd rather have Black Knight in.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Go check the Black Knight thread and his moveset. Tell me that's a clone and then come back and say this. I could very well say Macaiah would be a Zelda clone cause she uses magics. But I'm not going to, and I'd rather have Black Knight in.
Looked at the first post's moveset, and it seems like a bunch of copied attacks for his specials. Marth's neutral and down B. Ike's neutral B as the side B, and then a teleport. Granted that the attacks had properties that were different, but they could be all connected fairly easily. Plus, the BK using a lance just seems weird, especially for anything other than a special attack (heck, he shouldn't use one period) =/

The fact of the matter is that Alondite is basically the same weapon as Ike's. They differ in name only. Not only that, but they are trained by the same person, and both have a one handed style. If that doesn't shout out clone, I don't know what does. Micaiah technically could be a clone, but only to the extent that everyone else could be another's clone. She uses a staff or book though, and as magic is much more free in its interpretation, can be used easily in a different way from Zelda's.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Well, Rapht, if there's anything we've learned from Link, Swordsman can be equipped with much more than simple swordplay.

I hope that if there is a BK he should be a mix between Ike's sword moves and some of the hits ala Capt. Falcon. I see pro wrestler meets Viking kind of thing going on here.

Speaking of wich, I have some words of advice for you:

Took me the longest to get the fire in there and tone up BK, but it's worth it.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Hey! if you don't like the sword slashes then you have another 37 characters to choose from... its not like they are limiting you in ANY way.

Black Knight for brawl (With teleport powder).

And since when was Ike's down B and up B simple sword slashes!?

IllidR

Smash Champion
Looked at the first post's moveset, and it seems like a bunch of copied attacks for his specials.

Are we looking at the same moves here? They're not really copies sure one or two moves are similar to attacks but they have their own unique feel to them plus don't have necessarily the same effect. And that's just some of the B-moves, many of the A moves could really work and would be very different from any other character. If that's not unique enough for you from just one person's opinion on what Black Knight's moves could be then i don't know what will please you.:(

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I'm not saying that they're simple slashes, it just encourages button mashing. Long range with a sword, quick swipes, knockback, the weapon can be hit and not damage the character, it's just overall too much. I think that Ike will strike a balance between these two.

And yeah, Snake signifies that they are now getting into unlockable characters. This should be interesting.

Top Bottom