• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
You should put a comma between the 3000 and OCITY and change "There" to "They" otherwise *thumbs up*

My Sims FTW!!

gokU 3 t3h BraWwL...

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I personally find Michiah to be the most likely (non-Marth) FE character addition. Between advertising GoD, female, star of the most recent game, and one of the only Lords/Ladies to not feature a sword... There's just no reason NOT to include her.

Ike - (First console Lord, first internationally successful Lord, most popular Lord, only Lord outside of Marth to have multipule appearances, primary Lord of recent game)
Marth - (First Lord, was in Melee, "face of the franchise")
Michiah - (Most recent Lady, magic-user, female, star of recent game, advertisement)
Black Knight - (Most dominant villian)
Hector - (Ax-combat)
Sigurd - (Fan favorite)

That's the order I saw it before Ike was confirmed and it's the order I see it now.

Snakz

Smash Ace
Good job on the list Wise, i think your list (besides Simon Belmont) is absolutely perfect on who's getting in, i couldn't agree more

As for the places where there are two options between characters, ill say this (and this is PURELY my opinion).

WW Link/ Midna: I think the Midna & Wolf combo would be a better choice. Sure WW Link wouldn't be an exact Link clone, of course, but i think the Midna & Wolf team will get in simply because of uniqueness.

Falco/Wolf: Hmm...personally, I like Falco better, but i really dont care which one of these guys get in, ill be happy either way.

Black Knight/ Miciaiah: I've never played, nor seen anyone play a FE game, so im completely neutral on this one. For rep sake, ill pick Miciaiah just because more female characters would be good, but overall, i really dont care which one gets in.

Anyways, last thing i wana say is that i think unless you simply forgot, i think you should consider doing a Simon Belmont OR Sonic slot for the 3rd part section. I know people keep sayin that Sonic's chances were lowered because of Sega wanting to put a halt to his appearances and such, but he's still the most wanted 3rd party char, so just reconsider it is all.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
I think he simply forgot sonic, but i wouldn't sacfrifice simon for it, my oppinion.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I'm torn, I think that Midna w/ Wolf Link would be AWESOME! But then again, WW Link seems enevitable.

I hate Sheik. To put it lightly, Sheik won't be in Brawl. Period. If Sheik is in, they'd put he/she/it/potato in a double update along with Zelda. Putting Sheik in with Zeelda makes sense. Putting Sheik in seperately makes no sense.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm torn, I think that Midna w/ Wolf Link would be AWESOME! But then again, WW Link seems enevitable.

I hate Sheik. To put it lightly, Sheik won't be in Brawl. Period. If Sheik is in, they'd put he/she/it/potato in a double update along with Zelda. Putting Sheik in with Zeelda makes sense. Putting Sheik in seperately makes no sense.

'Nuff said.
That about Shiek is just bias opinion...

...in the end Sakurai's bias is the only one that matters

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I personally find Michiah to be the most likely (non-Marth) FE character addition. Between advertising GoD, female, star of the most recent game, and one of the only Lords/Ladies to not feature a sword... There's just no reason NOT to include her.

Ike - (First console Lord, first internationally successful Lord, most popular Lord, only Lord outside of Marth to have multipule appearances, primary Lord of recent game)
Marth - (First Lord, was in Melee, "face of the franchise")
Michiah - (Most recent Lady, magic-user, female, star of recent game, advertisement)
Black Knight - (Most dominant villian)
Hector - (Ax-combat)
Sigurd - (Fan favorite)

That's the order I saw it before Ike was confirmed and it's the order I see it now.
1. She wasn't even a lord / lady.
2. Not even a main character for the whole of the game
3. Doesn't look like he is focusing on GoD by Ike's new look and post war Dain stuff XD
4. We already have a light female magic user.
5. Why would he advertise for a game thats only coming out in one part of the world... thats isn't even Japan.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!!

I have to say if she gets in over the most funny, most serious , most bad *** Knight in the universe... I will be disappointed.

Also BK is the first boss character to appear in more than one game and is the arch rival to the protagonist that is already in Brawl... its like putting Malon in over Ganondorf... IMO.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1. She wasn't even a lord / lady.
2. Not even a main character for the whole of the game
3. Doesn't look like he is focusing on GoD by Ike's new look and post war Dain stuff XD
4. We already have a light female magic user.
5. Why would he advertise for a game thats only coming out in one part of the world... thats isn't even Japan.

BLACK KNIGHT FOR BRAWL!!

I have to say if she gets in over the most funny, most serious , most bad *** Knight in the universe... I will be disappointed.

Also BK is the first boss character to appear in more than one game and is the arch rival to the protagonist that is already in Brawl... its like putting Malon in over Ganondorf... IMO.
1) She basically is, what with being the commander of Daien's forces for quite a bit. Then, she was a goddess empowered shaman. It's not like Black Knight is a lord. =P
2) She's basically the main character throughout, and has a very important role. Although she's not the one to deliver the finishing blow, she's still the main focus.
3) Buh? Ike's appearance could be a indication that there will be a FE10 character, as Sakurai is just spacing out the games somewhat.
4) Zelda's magic really isn't light, and Micaiah can use staffs to attack (or a book) In any case, it certainly is better than a repeat of someone who has basically the same weapon.
5) America is a huge amount of the market. Even still, it will help the game when it comes out in Europe, and has already been taken well in Japan.

BK is much better suited for something like a alt suit, if those things exist.

(BK's also not the first boss to span games, though he the most important one.)

Oh, and to IlliD. The A moves could be unique, but we don't know what Ikes are, and he uses the same weapon. (Well I guess not the spear, but the BK shouldn't have that in the first place)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
I'd like it if Black Knight got in. But Machiah wouldn't be a 'swordsman' per say and can bring in a lot of uniqueness. But Black Knight's a badass!

I'm waitng for some of guy's **OR**s to be nulled. Weather it means that *snif* Midna doesn't make it *snif* I'll be fine with that.

Just curious, but if you had the money, would you make bets on who will/won't get in? I know I'd put my money on Ridley getting in. Even more money on DeDeDe.

IllidR

Smash Champion

Oh, and to IlliD. The A moves could be unique, but we don't know what Ikes are, and he uses the same weapon. (Well I guess not the spear, but the BK shouldn't have that in the first place)
I don't think he should be an alternate suit or a clone but if that's what he ended up to be I'd have to settle for it, rather it over a Boss or Assist Trophy.

Well that's true we've only seen one or two of Ike's A-moves but some of the one's Lunadis put on the list just scream Black Knight. Of course the spear isn't a must but it's something that could make him unique, using both his weapons in different moves.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
1) She basically is, what with being the commander of Daien's forces for quite a bit. Then, she was a goddess empowered shaman. It's not like Black Knight is a lord. =P
2) She's basically the main character throughout, and has a very important role. Although she's not the one to deliver the finishing blow, she's still the main focus.
3) Buh? Ike's appearance could be a indication that there will be a FE10 character, as Sakurai is just spacing out the games somewhat.
4) Zelda's magic really isn't light, and Micaiah can use staffs to attack (or a book) In any case, it certainly is better than a repeat of someone who has basically the same weapon.
5) America is a huge amount of the market. Even still, it will help the game when it comes out in Europe, and has already been taken well in Japan.

1. A lord isn't story status its their in game class which makes then Lords.
2. She may be the main focus but yet still nor for the entire game...
3. Not... really...
4. Still magic which isn't nearly as varied as swordplay
5. It may be but would Sakurai really want to use up a limited slot for advertisement?

You mean like how Ridley could be a Bowser alt suit? or Zamus be a Samus alt suit?

(Ok then tell me who is...)

And anyway who's a move are that unique? they are usually the same thing except altered a little bit.

Icy_Eagle

Smash Journeyman
We already have 2 sword users confirmed, not to mention 3 potentially returning from melee and Ganondorf possibly becoming. And then there are the sword users from other franchises. I don't think there will be lot of variety in sword using left.

On the other hand we only have Zelda as a magic user currently, and no staff wielding character. And magic can easily be just as varied as using swords.

Chepe

Smash Lord
You know, with Snake's non physical Smash attacks being possible, I think Micaiah has better chances than before.

It was argued that she would be too much like Zelda, but she could be different if they gave her A attacks that would involve long-distance magic instead of the magical kicks and swipes from Zelda...

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Why do you say that? I would say that their could be as many magical fighting styles or more when compared to swordplay. If you've played Fire Emblem (Moreso the GBA ones) you would notice the Magical Trinity. Each encompasses the magic of Light, Anima, and Dark. None of of those magics overlap in the slightest in those Fire Emblems.

A common argument could be "She's to much like Zelda", however Sakurai has such a vast resouce with making a moveset for Mikaya derived from Light Magic. I have no idea how could be she could be that similar/clone to Zelda.

-Knight

Pieman0920

Smash Master
1. A lord isn't story status its their in game class which makes then Lords.
2. She may be the main focus but yet still nor for the entire game...
3. Not... really...
5. It may be but would Sakurai really want to use up a limited slot for advertisement?

You mean like how Ridley could be a Bowser alt suit? or Zamus be a Samus alt suit?

(Ok then tell me who is...)

And anyway who's a move are that unique? they are usually the same thing except altered a little bit.
1) I'm pretty sure she's a lord, and even if not, is basically the main character of the game, which lords normally are.
2) And Ike's less of the main character in the game than she is. Though the story shifts focus, over all it's Micaiah's.
3) It's perfectly logical, I don't see why not.
4) Huh? Not it isn't. Not by a long shot. Magic by its nature is undefined, and can be used in any way. Swords are defined though, and we've already got four users of them as it is. One of who has the near exact same sword.
5) Considering her other benefits, it wouldn't just be a advertisment. That would just be an incentive.

Ridley doesn't use the same basic weapon as Bowser, or ZSS the same one as Samus. BK uses a sword, which is different in name only from Ikes, and is tought by the same guy. Ridley and ZSS don't even compare.

(He's a unimportant guy who shows up in FE7 as the son of noble, who wants to kill Hector and Eliwood, and then shows up again ion FE6. There he is below. I'll go find his name later. EDIT: Seems to be Erik)

It's the point that at least Micaiah's would have a greater chance. The BK though has the same friggen weapon, which should be a tip off. And to Illid, although the lance would change it up, its still not what the Black Knight is supposed to use. Ike can use axes in FE10, but how likely do you think we'll see that?

EDIT: Oh, and the Black Knight's true identity isn't a lord in any way.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
o_O

Oh a completely different note from what I was talking about before, what happened to the AC character inclusion? Why didn't I notice it before? We've got pretty good hints that we'll get one in some for or another, so what gives?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have a question...Did Sakurai say around 1-2 3rd party characters or Guest characters...?

There is the difference...

But only for 1 of the supposed 3rd party characters

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
PErsonally, on the note of third party characters, I think that Nintendo wouldn't be fiddling around with Castlevania. Although it was possiblely one of the best games around that time, Nintendo will want the most bang for their buck. Over 1,000,000 fans asked for Sonic to be in the game. How do I know these statistics? Because that's how many people are on the Sonic For Brawl Thread. But nontheless, even Sakurai acknowledged the fact that Sonic was the most requested character EVER. To not put him in the game would be like making a MEtal Gear Solid game and have Snake be a crotchety old man... oh, wait... but that's beside the point. It's like watching a sequel to a movie and the main protagonist is played instead of the witty work of Robin Williams, he's played by Nicholas Cage. Same here. Sonic is Robin Williams, Simon is Nicholas Cage.

Now, for those of you who do/do not know, there will be a Castlevania movie next year, that may play a factor seeing as Snake (Who will apear in the MGS movie in 2008) did get into the game. But c'mon! Nintendo isn't blind. Thousands of people love Sonic. Sonic is the Mario of Sega. To take him out and replace him with a whip-weilding big-wig instead of the lovable blue rodent should be considered animal cruelty.

Now, guy. You should learn from your mistakes of having R.O.B, Samurai Goro, and Nook. I think we all know Sonic will get in. He's an obvious choice. Simon, not so much. If you look back on my handy-dandy color-coded chart, you'll see that Sonic is in red, meaning practically confirmed.

I'm not being bias here, I don't like Sonic (The new games ruined it for me) but he's an icon and reenacting the SEG-tendo War is too good to pass up. I see it, Thousands of fans see it, and I think Sakurai sees it too.

'Nuff said.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Oh a completely different note from what I was talking about before, what happened to the AC character inclusion? Why didn't I notice it before? We've got pretty good hints that we'll get one in some for or another, so what gives?
There's not going to be an Animal Crossing rep. If AC were going to get a rep, it would have been Nook, Totakeke, or a random human, and all of those are deconfirmed. AC will get a stage, music, and items, but no playable character. Why does AC have an icon, then? Because AC has a stage, and the icon always appears on the stage select screen. Why didn't they just use the SSB icon instead? Because the levels are grouped by game universe; Smashville is set in the AC universe, not the SSB universe. Why not make icons for the assist trophy characters like Dr. Wright and Devil? Because it would be a waste of time and completely unnecessary, since they would never been seen in-game.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
There's not going to be an Animal Crossing rep. If AC were going to get a rep, it would have been Nook, Totakeke, or a random human, and all of those are deconfirmed.
All have been deconfirmed except for K.K.Slider imo. He only appears on Saturday's at 8:00pm and plays a special concert. The character look as if they are looking at him; wouldn't it be quite a surprise of Totakeke jumped down from the stage and then you battled him in order to unlock him?

That would be quite a surprise and a certainly unique way of unlocking someone; so I wouldn't count out Totakeke just yet ( x_x even if the above senerio is unlikely who knows...Sakurai is so random)

-Knight

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
There's not going to be an Animal Crossing rep. If AC were going to get a rep, it would have been Nook, Totakeke, or a random human, and all of those are deconfirmed. AC will get a stage, music, and items, but no playable character. Why does AC have an icon, then? Because AC has a stage, and the icon always appears on the stage select screen. Why didn't they just use the SSB icon instead? Because the levels are grouped by game universe; Smashville is set in the AC universe, not the SSB universe. Why not make icons for the assist trophy characters like Dr. Wright and Devil? Because it would be a waste of time and completely unnecessary, since they would never been seen in-game.
Nook has not been deconfirmed...

He appeared in the background of a stage. That does NOT equal a deconfirmation. At worst, it reduces that likelihood that they will be playable, but it doesn't deconfirm him. How hard is that to understand? Until we recieve a clear, ungarbbled message (like an AT) saying someone is deconfirmed, they are not. This applies to Toad as well.

Shadow: When Olimar is confirmed, will you want to use a gun or a rope for your account suicide?

Sorry Kirby Knight, but KK is just about the only AC character that IS deconfirmed...

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
All have been deconfirmed except for K.K.Slider imo. He only appears on Saturday's at 8:00pm and plays a special concert. The character look as if they are looking at him; wouldn't it be quite a surprise of Totakeke jumped down from the stage and then you battled him in order to unlock him?

That would be quite a surprise and a certainly unique way of unlocking someone; so I wouldn't count out Totakeke just yet ( x_x even if the above senerio is unlikely who knows...Sakurai is so random)

-Knight
Tom Nook also hasnt been deconfirmed, it would be easy for him to disappear when ever someone is playing as Tom Nook on SmashVill.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Nook's background apperance isn't really a deconfirmation at all, seeing what past games have had, and the fact that the backgrounds seem to be random as it is. Not only that, he wasn't in either of his standard clothes. (The suit or the apron) Also, the DS human got deconfrimed, not the standard GCN one with horns. (Also, could be the same deal as Nook) And it is also possible for Mr. Resseti. And every other series with a stage, icon, and item has a character, so it only seems logical. Until Brawl comes out without a AC character, you have to assume one will be in, because the streak has never been broken.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet

-Knight
The generic human hasn't been deconfirmed- he could have a different face, hairstyle, clothes- there could be hundreds of different generic human characters, so the one fighting could be one that doesn't appear in the background. You also are completely forgetting Resetti, Ai, or the star of the new AC Wii game. Resetti being one of the most recognizable AC characters, Ai being the star of the AC movie, and the AC Wii main character would be different and could be used to market AC Wii, much like Roy did.

And Sakurai said 1 or 2 more 3rd parties, not including Snake. So if you want to keep Simon so badly, at least add Sonic. He's practically a given- he's the most requested character for Brawl, Nintendo and Sega have long since gotten over their rivalry and Sega makes many games for Nintendo systems now, there's Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games- the list goes on and on. And Sonic in Brawl would only boost the sales of his games, so I don't see why Sega would say no to include him.

Darthkirby707

Smash Cadet

-Knight
PErsonally, on the note of third party characters, I think that Nintendo wouldn't be fiddling around with Castlevania. Although it was possiblely one of the best games around that time, Nintendo will want the most bang for their buck. Over 1,000,000 fans asked for Sonic to be in the game. How do I know these statistics? Because that's how many people are on the Sonic For Brawl Thread. But nontheless, even Sakurai acknowledged the fact that Sonic was the most requested character EVER. To not put him in the game would be like making a MEtal Gear Solid game and have Snake be a crotchety old man... oh, wait... but that's beside the point. It's like watching a sequel to a movie and the main protagonist is played instead of the witty work of Robin Williams, he's played by Nicholas Cage. Same here. Sonic is Robin Williams, Simon is Nicholas Cage.

Now, for those of you who do/do not know, there will be a Castlevania movie next year, that may play a factor seeing as Snake (Who will apear in the MGS movie in 2008) did get into the game. But c'mon! Nintendo isn't blind. Thousands of people love Sonic. Sonic is the Mario of Sega. To take him out and replace him with a whip-weilding big-wig instead of the lovable blue rodent should be considered animal cruelty.

Now, guy. You should learn from your mistakes of having R.O.B, Samurai Goro, and Nook. I think we all know Sonic will get in. He's an obvious choice. Simon, not so much. If you look back on my handy-dandy color-coded chart, you'll see that Sonic is in red, meaning practically confirmed.

I'm not being bias here, I don't like Sonic (The new games ruined it for me) but he's an icon and reenacting the SEG-tendo War is too good to pass up. I see it, Thousands of fans see it, and I think Sakurai sees it too.

'Nuff said.

THANK YOU. This is a good roster, but there are a few things that just don't make sense, like Sonic not being included, and Marth, the original FE lord, who just like Ike has appeared in two games in the series, and who was in Melee, not being on the roster.

Top Bottom