• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
If you bothered to look at his updated list you'd realize that he has already accepted the avatars as proof that the Miis are deconfirmed, and has removed them from the list. So, given your statement, it appears being a trophy has deconfirmed Tingle.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
@ Ferro: Tottaly agreed. Diddy's Final is pretty lame in compared to his guitar. Oh well...

@ Numa: Just to clarify, it's not the fact that they are trophies that deconfirms them but the fact that they were revealed as trophies. If Sakurai has a Tingle moveset in the works, why lead people to beleive he is a mere trophy?

Okay, my character list revision is complete but my runners up list (and more) aren't quite done.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Wiseguy, no AC rep stands a chance. Well, not one currently in the series at least. Resetti has minimal importance, and the AC humans and Tom Nook have been deconfirmed. So let us again turn to the Miis. And if someone brings up that stupid icon point, I'll pwn them. ;) Seriously, because you totally see the icons in battle, and they're totally in the background like Tom Nook. And the PT totally fights [cuz of the red line], and Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are totally NPCs. WE barely know ANYTHING about the icons, and people already assume it deconfirms Miis. Biggest propganda since that whole triple character confirmation I tell you. :laugh:
quoted for truth.

and i won't believe any animal crossing rumor unless i get a good source, like the one with snakes pics that were on the website next day. i personally think it was fake. and get over it, tingle and Dr. Stewart are deconfirmed. so is nook. really, they just aren't going to be playable. when brawl comes out, and they aren' (because i'm sure to get a lot of "R UEZ SAKURAI?? HOWZ DU YOU KNOWZ NUBZ" from all the supporters of the characters i denounced, i will LAUGH IN THERE FACES. but i still can't decide about mii's both arguments lack proof. i hope for them playable, but have no idea.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Tingle? De- Confirmed? Hello! He's got a f@$#%n' trophie! I think that this strengthens it. Lest we forgetthe fact that Peach was in a movie only to be confirmed a week later? The same could happed to Tingle and even *shudder* Slippy.

As interesting as KK would be as a character, I, sadly, do not see it coming. He needs to be there to sing every Saturday at 8. Granted, A boombox or the like could fill in for him, but it just seems a little odd to me. There's still a chance for the AC boy/girl if they look diffrent from the ones in the background. Nook could be unlocked somehow and stop appearing in the background, but altogether, Resetti seems the most likely.

I felt that the Diddy FS was 'meh' fitting in with this weeks theme. Although I felt dissapointed by the lack of guitar, this opens the door for his guitar being used as a special move.

'Nuff said.

prettymanfairy

Smash Lord
Tingle? De- Confirmed? Hello! He's got a f@$#%n' trophie! I think that this strengthens it. Lest we forgetthe fact that Peach was in a movie only to be confirmed a week later? The same could happed to Tingle and even *shudder* Slippy.

As interesting as KK would be as a character, I, sadly, do not see it coming. He needs to be there to sing every Saturday at 8. Granted, A boombox or the like could fill in for him, but it just seems a little odd to me. There's still a chance for the AC boy/girl if they look diffrent from the ones in the background. Nook could be unlocked somehow and stop appearing in the background, but altogether, Resetti seems the most likely.

I felt that the Diddy FS was 'meh' fitting in with this weeks theme. Although I felt dissapointed by the lack of guitar, this opens the door for his guitar being used as a special move.

'Nuff said.
Agreed. Nook only appeared in one picture. The display picture if you will. He hasn't been deconfirmed at all, though people like to think he was.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Actually, two. And WHY would there be an animal crossing stage (and symbol) if there's no chaacter to go along with it? Maybe Sakurai is building up to Mr. Resetti ('cause it's gonna be him) like he did with Yoshi.

NOTE: All of the AC updates are about a month apart, so we can expect a character soon.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
M&S at the OG.

And i presume there will be AT LEAST two more third party characters... Mega Man has to be one of them.

Lets hope for an AC update soon...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Sorry for the double post, but, guy, just saw the new list an there's no Simon!? O_O You chose him over Sonic and then you dump him? You do know that Sakurai said that they'd try their best to get more characters than Snake, I think that they can at least get their hands on Simon as a last resort
he's just being logical. sonic obviously has the most chance, and most people agree that simon has no chance over megaman and geno. being biased was fun while it lasted, but now that Sakurai has started posting his character choices, it's getting obvious who's just being stubborn.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
I'm not sure, but I think that this was on A&E: The Mario Story in the segment about Mario's attepts at rock and roll.

Jk. I really don't know, I found it and said: "Holy crap, Mario's bustin' out the jams!" and used it as my new sig.

To that, in the illogical department. How does Geno, Geno, the third party, retro, secondary character get in over the worlds most beloved Video Game Mascot (Next to, ahem, Mario) I mean, if anything is illogical, that is.

guy, you said that Nintendo wouldn't waste time to go to so many other companies and battle for characters, and yet you slap Geno into the mix. Like Nintendo will have better luck with Square that's Sony lovin' Final Fantasy makin' never budgin' Square. Granted, Square did make the Mario hoops 3 on 3. Wow, that really overpowers the Sonic Rivals, Sonic Rush, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Riders, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic and the Secret of the Ring. Not to mention the VR games and GBA games. Listen, guy. Face the music. Sonic is enevitable. Or, at least has much better chances then Geno.

I believe that that is very much worthy of a "'Nuff said."

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
Only one 3rd Party character? :O
It's possible. We all want Sonic, but maybe we should stop holding our breath for him- then if he gets in, we'll actually be 'surprised'.

Rocket Barrel Barrage!?

So much for Guitar Guzzump being Diddy's final smash. I guess the good news is that now it might be a regular special attack.
I'm mourning too. Someone has to have a guitar attack though, right? (sigh) It makes me wish Naota from FLCL were in (never ever ever gonna happen).

Wiseguy, the list looks much better.
Still think ORs are lame, but I guess when you really just can't decide, they're what to turn to.

I'm sticking to my roster:
Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi
Link, Zelda, Sheik, Ganondorf, WW Link
Pikachu, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff
Samus, Zero-Suit Samus, Ridley
Kirby, Metaknight, King Dedede
Fox, Falco, Krystal
Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong
Ike, Micaiah, Marth
Captain Falcon, Ness/Lucas, Olimar, Issac
Pit, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch
Snake, Sonic = 40

Also, I'm sad to see you removed Meatknight from your list. Too much flak, or did you just get tired of the error?

Snakz

Smash Ace
It's possible. We all want Sonic, but maybe we should stop holding our breath for him- then if he gets in, we'll actually be 'surprised'.
Yea, ive been kept my hopes very low for Sonic ever since Sega decided to hold off on makin new Sonic games, so instead im puttin my hopes into other characters to pass the time until we finally hear word on Sonic's fate

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
For Fun, Here's my list:
Mario Series:
Mario (Confirmed)
Peach (Confirmed)
Bowser (Confirmed)
Luigi (Returning)EDIT: It would be funny and cool if he could glide. that just fits Luigi.
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario(Dr. Mario replacement, original moveset)

DK Series:
Donkey Kong (Confirmed)
Diddy Kong (Confirmed)
DK Jr. (I played the game for e-Reader, and I loved it, so don't judge me)

Other Mario Characters:
Yoshi (Confirmed)
Wario (Confirmed)

Zelda Series:
Link (Confirmed)
Zelda (Confirmed) and Sheik
Ganondorf (Returning)
Normal-graphics Young Link w/ WW moveset
Midna (True Form)

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu (Confirmed)
Pokemon Trainer (Confirmed)
Jigglypuff (Returning)
Mewtwo (Returning)
Lucario

Metroid Series:
Samus and Zamus (Confirmed)
Ridley(has glide ability)

Starfox Series:
Fox (Confirmed)
Falco (Returning)(has glide ability)
Krystal

Kirby Series:
Kirby (Confirmed)
Metaknight (Confirmed)
King Dedede

Fire Emblem Series:
Ike (Confirmed)
Micahiah (sidenote: I've seen many spellings. which one is it?)

Other Nintendo Series:
Captain Falcon (Returning)
Ness (Returning)
Mr. Resetti
Captain Olimar

Old-School Characters:
Pit (Confirmed)
Ice Climbers (Confirmed)
Mr. Game & Watch (Returning)
Balloon Fighter

Third-Party Characters:
Snake (Confirmed)
Sonic

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Any list that doesn't have Geno is fail to me...

The person above is ignorant to some great characters/games and hates them for his own ignorance...

Arteen

Smash Lord
DK Jr. (I played the game for e-Reader, and I loved it, so don't judge me)
DK Jr. over Isaac? What makes DK Jr worthy of playable status in the first place, let alone over the main character from one of the greatest handheld RPGs of all time?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Wiseguy, I'm sorry, but could you change the title of this thread? I'm afraid I'm not amazed or astounded anymore.
Sorry, but I just had to make that joke. Please don't hate me.
Still, I hate Geno with all of my heart and soul. (Actually, I'd hate for any of these characters I've never heard of. The list includes [please don't flame me] Geno, Sukapon, Lucas[cause Ness has been with us all the way] and -sorry- Isaac. Though that's just cause I haven't played any Golden Sun games.
Your entitled to your opinion, but why would you HATE a character if you've never played their game before? that just strikes me as strange and really arrogant...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"I hate/dislike this character" is not a valid argument against a character's inclusion. I don't much like Diddy Kong, Geno, or Sonic, but does that mean they shouldn't be in?

Oh wait! You have Sonic on your roster! He can't be in that roster, you know why? I hate him. [/sarcasm]

Besides, it's odd that you hate those characters and think they shouldn't be in because you haven't played their games. Open your mind. A lot of people have played those games, you're not the only person in the world.

and of course, I have to say... Isaac for Brawl!

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
1. I asked please don't flame
2. Sorry for the word hate, I realize it was a strong word and very rude, inconsiderate, and, I guess, arrogant
3. I'm sorry for not putting Isaac in, I just don't know anything about him
4. If DK is DK Jr., then why isn't he called DK Jr. instead of DK?
---4.5- DK and DK Jr. were both in the original Mario Tennis, therefore disproving the theory, "The original DK is Cranky Kong and the original DK Jr. is DK"
---4.75- Arteen, I asked in that very quote not to juge/flame me, and look what you did.
5. I am not ignorant, PI, and why would Geno be in the game if he's only been in one game and is third-party, not to mention a third party who favors Sony?
6. Did Wiseguy originally have Geno/Isaac on his list?
7. Sure, DKJ is a bad idea, but what list doesn't have one of those?

Arteen

Smash Lord
---4.75- Arteen, I asked in that very quote not to juge/flame me, and look what you did.
I'm not sure what you're talking about, because I certainly didn't judge/flame you. My question is still relevant; why would you expect DK Jr to make it in over Isaac, the main character of a critically-acclaimed handheld RPG series?

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Because I didn't know it was critically acclaimed. I'd never played it, remember? And I don't really read some of the articles/reviews in Nintendo Power sometimes. (which is my only link to what's going on, aside from maybe a magazine I pick up at the airport when I go on a trip.)

Edit: Homelessvagrant, how many people remember Geno?

Snakz

Smash Ace
5. I am not ignorant, PI, and why would Geno be in the game if he's only been in one game and is third-party, not to mention a third party who favors Sony?

6. Did Wiseguy originally have Geno/Isaac on his list?
IC's were only in one game, and Sakurai has said that he does NOT consider Geno 3rd party, what that means for Geno's fate exactly, im not sure, but one thing is for sure is that if Sakurai's gonna have Geno in game, he'll do his best to make Geno at least 2nd party.

And yes, Wiseguy did originally have Geno in his list...then he took him off, and now he's returned to the list for good reasons

Top Bottom