• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prepare to be Astounded One Last Time: Wiseguy’s Brawl Predictions THE FINAL VERSION!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
If you honestly never played it, you have no right to judge whether it should have a place in Brawl, ever. Come back when you flesh out your tastes and actually play more Nintendo games and then make a list, because otherwise your opinion wouldn't matter at all.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
If you honestly never played it, you have no right to judge whether it should have a place in Brawl, ever. Come back when you flesh out your tastes and actually play more Nintendo games and then make a list, because otherwise your opinion wouldn't matter at all.
Okay, what about that other person who said, "everyone is entitled to their opinion?"
By the way, NOBODY'S OPINION MATTERS. Sakurai's does.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
It does matter when it's my opinion, obviously, so there is opinions that matter out there.
coughnarcissistcough
JK. I've said I'm sorry, so can we get back on topic to the AC character? At least by the next page.

Obviously, from my list, I think it should be Resetti. He's the only character with an actual weapon (aside from the Animal Crosser's axe, but that's just too cruel)

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
YAY! It's not me anymore!
EDIT: That was meant for PmR's post, but LG (who I now think is either very funny/sarcastic or slightly insane) intercepted it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well a lot of people here are really lacking in their logic, that is the truth. However, an opinion is an opinion, and when it comes down to it. Sakurai's opinion is really the only one that matters.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Club Ridley is dumber if they honestly support Gypsy Lee and his idiocy, even though Club Sonic is full of idiots who enjoy a sh-t character.
Ok my mistake, you were bashing Club RIDLEY not Ridley himself (which doesn't make sense cause you bashing Ridley's most devoted fans.)

But i seriously don't like you because you think your better than everyone else.
Get a life.

SONIC 4 BRAWL!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Ok my mistake, you were bashing Club RIDLEY not Ridley himself (which doesn't make sense cause you bashing Ridley's most devoted fans.)
Yeah, because everyone in their claimed they were some all powerful force in which they attack people for simply wondering if Ridley is going to be a boss or not. Very justified there, right?!
But i seriously don't like you because you think your better than everyone else.
Get a life.
I have a life, people only get mad at me because they know how sh-tty their opinion is compared to mine, that's a simple fact, srsly.

Of course, if you obviously are taking me seriously, I can honestly say that you aren't intelligent nor do you have a right to criticize me. Most of the time I'm being sarcastic, but idiots like you who think trolling is a bad thing will just try to take it seriously instead of seeing it as a joke when it's completely OBVIOUS.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Yeah, because everyone in their claimed they were some all powerful force in which they attack people for simply wondering if Ridley is going to be a boss or not. Very justified there, right?!

I have a life, people only get mad at me because they know how sh-tty their opinion is compared to mine, that's a simple fact, srsly.

Of course, if you obviously are taking me seriously, I can honestly say that you aren't intelligent nor do you have a right to criticize me. Most of the time I'm being sarcastic, but idiots like you who think trolling is a bad thing will just try to take it seriously instead of seeing it as a joke when it's completely OBVIOUS.
Stop being such a sarcastic jacka** and get a life.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
OK, so sarcastic, not insane. Just put "/sarcasm" at the end of your posts when you do that, OK?
Also, when people type "srsly" it seems like "sorrisly" to me for some reason. Just a weird fact...

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
IC's were only in one game, and Sakurai has said that he does NOT consider Geno 3rd party, what that means for Geno's fate exactly, im not sure, but one thing is for sure is that if Sakurai's gonna have Geno in game, he'll do his best to make Geno at least 2nd party.

And yes, Wiseguy did originally have Geno in his list...then he took him off, and now he's returned to the list for good reasons
Please provide a link of proof to where Sakurai said he doesn't consider Geno third party. It makes no sense for him not to be a third party. Square owns Geno, not Nintendo. Nintendo needed Square's permission just to make him cameo...so by definition, would he not be a third party character?

Snakz

Smash Ace
Please provide a link of proof to where Sakurai said he doesn't consider Geno third party. It makes no sense for him not to be a third party. Square owns Geno, not Nintendo. Nintendo needed Square's permission just to make him cameo...so by definition, would he not be a third party character?
Yea, apparently i misread the translated journal entry by Sakurai, and i thought i had read it on the smash blog, but i guess not, sorry, so disregard that statement please :embarrass

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Too bad, don't start sh-t, go whine somewhere else.
Lol. I'm not the one getting "butthurt" over jokes that are in poor taste when dispensed to others, nor am I trying substantiate all of my arguments with "trolling isn't bad."

Sounds like you need to find a better audience, Mister "Genius Comedian."

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
No, butthurt is failed attempts like you're trying to do right now to win when all you spout is old and unfunny memes like "ORLY?" constantly.
I think I'll quote you on this one:

Luke Groundwalker said:
Yeah, great job, you got me there!
:laugh:

I don't know what's more banal, you or this whole bloody argument. Eh, I guess I'll show that I've been intellectually outclassed and flee to bed.

Smooth Criminal

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Well a lot of people here are really lacking in their logic, that is the truth. However, an opinion is an opinion, and when it comes down to it. Sakurai's opinion is really the only one that matters.
probably one of the best quotes on this site. When logic takes backseat to popular view, then something wrong. I'm happy people like Andrew14j are still on this site.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lol.

Well, Wiseguy, it's a good thing you revised your list... because Resetti was just deconfirmed.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Um... you should only make Samus and Pokemon Trainer count as one character each. That makes three more slots. My personal choice is Lucario, Waluigi the 50 50 character, and Stafy. The thing with Waluigi is that he has a large fanbase, but an equally sized enemybase.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Mr. Resseti is by far the greatest item ever thought of in smash history.

@ Numa: Just to clarify, it's not the fact that they are trophies that deconfirms them but the fact that they were revealed as trophies. If Sakurai has a Tingle moveset in the works, why lead people to beleive he is a mere trophy?
That is seriously just like saying "if peach is playable why reveal her in a cutscene?". All he did was show their trophies and since in melee each playable character had three trophies (a less detailed one that told their history and two others that talked about their moves) there is no reason to believe that this affects their chances at all. Sure you could argue that if they where playable he would have revealed them in a different way because he has never revealed a character in that way before but that argument fails because for all we know this could be the first time has decided to do so.

Arteen

Smash Lord
That is seriously just like saying "if peach is playable why reveal her in a cutscene?"..
She was standing right next to other playable characters though. It would've been entirely out-of-place if the cutscene featured Kirby, Zelda, and Happy Mask Salesman standing right next to each other in a pivotal moment of the game. Tingle was introduced among the renowned ranks of a common Pikmin enemy, a puppy dog already confirmed as an item, and a banana.

IC's were only in one game, and Sakurai has said that he does NOT consider Geno 3rd party,
Could you link me to that? I don't recall that ever being said.

Resetti is gone. I never thought he would make it in as playable anyway, since other AC characters seen like they would be much more fitting reps. Resetti was a popular choice because everyone else was apparently deconfirmed, so he was the only choice left. But that would be like expecting Luigi to be in the game if Mario wasn't.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Time is of the essense but after scanning the last few pages, here's a few responces. Look for my runners up list this after noon (when I justify the absense of characters like Sonic and Lucario.)

I'm sorry, but the start of university marked an end to the days where I responced to EVERYONE.

wiseguy you still can't count. your numbers add up to 41 characters. not 40.
o_O

Man, I suck. I was sure that those dang numbers added up... I must have skipped Shiek or something.

Goodbye Sukupon... we barely knew thee (though I still think he stands a good chance).

For Fun, Here's my list:
Mario Series:
Mario (Confirmed)
Peach (Confirmed)
Bowser (Confirmed)
Luigi (Returning)EDIT: It would be funny and cool if he could glide. that just fits Luigi.
Bowser Jr.
Paper Mario(Dr. Mario replacement, original moveset)

DK Series:
Donkey Kong (Confirmed)
Diddy Kong (Confirmed)
DK Jr. (I played the game for e-Reader, and I loved it, so don't judge me)

Other Mario Characters:
Yoshi (Confirmed)
Wario (Confirmed)

Zelda Series:
Link (Confirmed)
Zelda (Confirmed) and Sheik
Ganondorf (Returning)
Normal-graphics Young Link w/ WW moveset
Midna (True Form)

Pokemon Series:
Pikachu (Confirmed)
Pokemon Trainer (Confirmed)
Jigglypuff (Returning)
Mewtwo (Returning)
Lucario

Metroid Series:
Samus and Zamus (Confirmed)
Ridley(has glide ability)

Starfox Series:
Fox (Confirmed)
Falco (Returning)(has glide ability)
Krystal

Kirby Series:
Kirby (Confirmed)
Metaknight (Confirmed)
King Dedede

Fire Emblem Series:
Ike (Confirmed)
Micahiah (sidenote: I've seen many spellings. which one is it?)

Other Nintendo Series:
Captain Falcon (Returning)
Ness (Returning)
Mr. Resetti
Captain Olimar

Old-School Characters:
Pit (Confirmed)
Ice Climbers (Confirmed)
Mr. Game & Watch (Returning)
Balloon Fighter

Third-Party Characters:
Snake (Confirmed)
Sonic
I really have to stop responding to every character list (I can't find the tie anymore) but I hate it when people put some work into a list only to be flamed.

I like this list. My only problems with it are the realistic Young Link (come on, Windwaker is where it's at!) and Resseti. But, you really couldn't have predicted his AT status yesterday...

Overall, good effort: 7/10

Mr. Resseti is by far the greatest item ever thought of in smash history.

That is seriously just like saying "if peach is playable why reveal her in a cutscene?". All he did was show their trophies and since in melee each playable character had three trophies (a less detailed one that told their history and two others that talked about their moves) there is no reason to believe that this affects their chances at all. Sure you could argue that if they where playable he would have revealed them in a different way because he has never revealed a character in that way before but that argument fails because for all we know this could be the first time has decided to do so.
Arteen already made the point I wanted to make.

And I totally agree: Resseti is unspeakably awesome!

(NOTE: I've seen alot of flaming on this thread recently. Obviously, heated debate does spark strong feelings but could we all try and be a bit more civil? Personal attacks only result in hurt feelings, which result in flame wars, which result in closed threads.)

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
For Fun, Here's my list:
Zelda Series:
Link (Confirmed)
Zelda (Confirmed) and Sheik
Ganondorf (Returning)
Normal-graphics Young Link w/ WW moveset
Midna (True Form)
*Shoots Odlanier*

Midna gets in as the Imp (preferably on Wolf Link.) I will not have her disgraced with that monstrousity that is her true form!

With KK and Resetti both out of the way, Nook is the last shot for AC.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
I freaking hate my english teacher.:mad: That ***** gave me a SEVEN OUT OF ONE HUNDRED!

She was standing right next to other playable characters though. It would've been entirely out-of-place if the cutscene featured Kirby, Zelda, and Happy Mask Salesman standing right next to each other in a pivotal moment of the game. Tingle was introduced among the renowned ranks of a common Pikmin enemy, a puppy dog already confirmed as an item, and a banana.
Your point seems to be that Tingle was revealed with other trophies that aren't playable which I already countered.

Sure you could argue that if they where playable he would have revealed them in a different way because he has never revealed a character in that way before but that argument fails because for all we know this could be the first time has decided to do so.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
I'd appreciate it if Meowth were added to the Runner-ups section, considering its sizable support and importance to the series.
You also forgot the Hunters under Metroid. One of them is a distinct, though extremely unlikely possibility.

Top Bottom