• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prejudices aside, if a few characters need to be cut who will they be?

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
If we're seriously going to be using event matches as for reasons to keep characters Jigglypuff didn't even get her own event in Brawl, where as every other character did.
You're missing the point, this shows that sakuari does recognize that these characters have their reasons for being in smash and that they do have their fan bases

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I'm starting to think Lucas may be the only character cut. Think about it:

-He's almost a 1:1 clone of Ness.
-He wasn't very popular in Brawl.
-He represents a series that really only needs one character, and that character is a 64 veteran.
-Compared to the rest of the characters at risk, he has less reasons to stay. Take a look:
^--Wolf is a villian character and a worthy addition to the roster.
^--Falco is a Melee veteran, the best 2nd rep for Star Fox, and while a clone, was Luigified in Brawl.
^--Jiggs is a 64 veteran and is semi-popular in Japan. See my earlier post for more on her.
^--Ike is now a reoccurring Fire Emblem character and has a unique moveset.
^--Snake is a 3rd Party, has a unique moveset, and has no real reason to be cut.
^--Pokemon Trainer is important to his series and has a unique moveset.
^--ROB has a unique moveset and represents the entire NES era.

On the other hand...
-He's the most recent Mother protagonist.
-Cutting him would actually shrink the series' total characters.

I think the order of priority, from least to greatest, is roughly this:
:lucas:
:snake:
:wolf:
:rob:
:ike:
:pt:
:jigglypuff:
That's not the right order

This is the right order

Least
Greatest

:smashville:

Morbi

Scavenger
You guys are entirely aware that the order of potential cuts is subjective, correct? It is fallacious to objectively claim the ideal priority list based on arbitrary values that obviously don't correlate with Sakurai's intent. That being said... the order is... :troll:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
You're missing the point, this shows that sakuari does recognize that these characters have their reasons for being in smash and that they do have their fan bases
It recognizes that he wanted multiple event matches where you you fought the entire cast. Along with the original 8 event and the original unlockables even, he had events where you fought all the Melee veterans, the Brawl newcomers you start of with, and the Brawl newcomers you had to unlock. He wanted it all to be organized, so he paired them up in a way that made sense, saying that this was a way of him recognizing their importance is reading too deeply into it. If Jigglypuff was that great she would have gotten her very own event.

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
It recognizes that he wanted multiple event matches where you you fought the entire cast. Along with the original 8 event and the original unlockables even, he had events where you fought all the Melee veterans, the Brawl newcomers you start of with, and the Brawl newcomers you had to unlock. He wanted it all to be organized, so he paired them up in a way that made sense, saying that this was a way of him recognizing their importance is reading too deeply into it. If Jigglypuff was that great she would have gotten her very own event.
Forget event matches, they were crap in Brawl anyway.

Jigglypuff is most definitely one of the simplest of all the characters to carry over into a new Smash. It's not like she has crazy, flashy moves or an ever-changing and complex model. Slightly polish her Brawl look for HD, maybe toss her a new Fairy move, adjust her play mechanics to suit the game and voila! She's finished. IIRC, Sakurai said time constraints are what is going to make veterans not return. Jiggs would require the least effort out of the entire roster to include, and this is just adding onto the other things she has going for her as to why she's not going to get cut.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Forget event matches, they were crap in Brawl anyway.

Jigglypuff is most definitely one of the simplest of all the characters to carry over into a new Smash. It's not like she has crazy, flashy moves or an ever-changing and complex model. Slightly polish her Brawl look for HD, maybe toss her a new Fairy move, adjust her play mechanics to suit the game and voila! She's finished. IIRC, Sakurai said time constraints are what is going to make veterans not return. Jiggs would require the least effort out of the entire roster to include, and this is just adding onto the other things she has going for her as to why she's not going to get cut.
I just feel that she'll be low priority again and in the event where he is only able to bring back one more character out of a select few I'm sure he would pick someone bigger than Jigglypuff. The only thing going for her is that she's been in all three Smash games, that's it, she's not that popular anymore, and unlike every other character that was in Brawl she's not important to the series she comes from. Her being a fairy type doesn't matter much, I mean Sakurai didn't feel the need to represent dark and steel types in Melee. Also I'm sure Mr. Game and Watch would take the least amount of effort to add into the game, not Jigglypuff.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I just feel that she'll be low priority again and in the event where he is only able to bring back one more character out of a select few I'm sure he would pick someone bigger than Jigglypuff. The only thing going for her is that she's been in all three Smash games, that's it, she's not that popular anymore, and unlike every other character that was in Brawl she's not important to the series she comes from. Her being a fairy type doesn't matter much, I mean Sakurai didn't feel the need to represent dark and steel types in Melee. Also I'm sure Mr. Game and Watch would take the least amount of effort to add into the game, not Jigglypuff.
thats because there were no obvious dark or steel pokemon to put in smash while jigglypuff was one of the 4 fairies revealed at E3 and is already in smash

Morbi

Scavenger
Why do you allude to her Smash relevance as something immaterial? Perhaps you are not associating the character with the play-style that has been present for 15 years, subsequently, all of her fans are her mains? She may not be as prominent as she once was; however, that doesn't change that she is still one of the most iconic Pokemon. You don't need continuous popularity to justify being playable in Smash, that is some arbitrary notion conceived by the fallacious perspective that she is one of the more ideal cuts based on preference. Sakurai's intent regarding the character is much more significant than the fact that she isn't a juggernaut in her own series, as she is actually important to Smash. Her Fairy-typing isn't entirely irrelevant as it contributes to a new-found aspect of recency that wasn't present pre-Brawl. However, this isn't pertinent to her inclusion. The premise that she is easy to develop is the premise that will get her in the game, she was easier to conceive than an almost finished Mewtwo, the second most popular Pokemon. If your methodology mattered, we would have gotten the "bigger" character in Brawl. Obviously, it didn't matter and we got her, again. The future tends to reflect on the past and precedent will serve us in a positive manner once again.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think Jigglypuff got in over Mewtwo because there was enough time to bring back a smaller character, but not a bigger one. If there is enough time to bring back either, I think the bigger one would be choosen. Also Mewtwo's popularity was dwindling at the time, but now he's become a lot more popular along with Lucario and the Kanto starters, I guess Jigglypuff's popularity raised a little, but not nearly to the extent of the other characters. Also Pokemon choices are based on popularity, so if one has to be cut pick the least popular. Also to clarify, I know he's not going to straight up cut a character, a character will only get cut if there's not enough time to bring them back. If anything he'll make cut characters DLC. Jigglypuff as DLC sounds good to me.

kylexv

Smash Master
If characters from brawl got cut, they are probably :ike: and :snake:.
Ike would probably be replaced for Chrom, and Snake will probably be cut because he is not as relevant to Nintendo anymore and will likely be replaced by another third party, like Pac-Man.
:mewtwopm: will also probably return from melee

josh bones

Smash Lord
Ike is never getting replaced for chrom. Snake can't get cut because sakurai said he hasn't cut any chars yet and that means he has rights to snake.
cut priority list
:falco:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think Jigglypuff got in over Mewtwo because there was enough time to bring back a smaller character, but not a bigger one. If there is enough time to bring back either, I think the bigger one would be choosen. Also Mewtwo's popularity was dwindling at the time, but now he's become a lot more popular along with Lucario and the Kanto starters, I guess Jigglypuff's popularity raised a little, but not nearly to the extent of the other characters. Also Pokemon choices are based on popularity, so if one has to be cut pick the least popular. Also to clarify, I know he's not going to straight up cut a character, a character will only get cut if there's not enough time to bring them back. If anything he'll make cut characters DLC. Jigglypuff as DLC sounds good to me.
but there's no reason to cut jigglypuff anyway, the only possible replacement is meowth an he's not much more popular than jiggs anyway
Ike would probably be replaced for Chrom, and Snake will probably be cut because he is not as relevant to Nintendo anymore and will likely be replaced by another third party, like Pac-Man.
I doubt Chrom will replace Ike since, he's more popular, is more unique and has been in more than one game and the only other character to do so is marth

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
New rule. If a character has been on the front cover of a Super Smash Bros. game it means they're too important to take out.

Attachments

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I don't get this logic as far as Snake goes - he's more relevant to Nintendo now (with Snake Eater being released early on in the 3DS's life, when it needed good games like that) than he was prior to Brawl. (where he was still fairly relevant, as evidenced by Metal Gear Solid being remade from the ground up for the Gamecube)

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
but there's no reason to cut jigglypuff anyway, the only possible replacement is meowth an he's not much more popular than jiggs anyway
I never said she'd be replaced by a new Pokemon, just that she's most likely cut as far as all the other veterans go, including Mewtwo. I'm sure she'd be higher priority over any brand new Pokemon, and I said she'd only be cut if there's not enough time to bring her back, not straight up removed.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I never said she'd be replaced by a new Pokemon, just that she's most likely cut as far as all the other veterans go, including Mewtwo. I'm sure she'd be higher priority over any brand new Pokemon, and I said she'd only be cut if there's not enough time to bring her back, not straight up removed.
If you're not gonna replace her why cut her? at least mewtwo kinda got a replacement in lucario, roy kinda got a replacement in Ike. Why just completely get rid of a playstyle

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
In my opinion:
High risk:

Medium Risk:

Low Risk:
:sheik: (just in case Phantom is Zelda's new Down B)

Also, Mewtwo before Brawl was a character that few people thought that would be cut, so we might lose a unexpected character from Brawl.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
In my opinion:
High risk:

Medium Risk:

Low Risk:

Also, Mewtwo before Brawl was a character that few people thought that would be cut, so we might lose a unexpected character from Brawl.
That list I can agree with.

The part about Mewtwo though, maybe. I think since Lucario was already in, Sakurai could pass him off as a replacement for Mewtwo and be done with the game. I don't think anyone in Brawl could be replaced like that expect the ones we expect to leave.

Besides, Pokemon is complicated when it comes to Smash.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I don't get this logic as far as Snake goes - he's more relevant to Nintendo now (with Snake Eater being released early on in the 3DS's life, when it needed good games like that) than he was prior to Brawl. (where he was still fairly relevant, as evidenced by Metal Gear Solid being remade from the ground up for the Gamecube)
So two remakes, the newer of which was sold alongside the same game plus two entire games for the same price on a much more prevalent system? Snake Eater 3D was a complete scam.

Snake may or may not return, but anyone saying he's important to Nintendo is fooling themselves.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Also I'm sure Mr. Game and Watch would take the least amount of effort to add into the game, not Jigglypuff.
I don't think G&W is the easiest.

Game and Watch is not made of sprites. He's a 3D model they have to compress into 2D after positioning him and adding the various items (hammers, torches, parachutes) he holds. His specials are relatively complex as well.

Jigglypuff is a ball with four limbs and two expressions.

Argument was pointless but I felt like responding anyway.

I just feel that she'll be low priority again and in the event where he is only able to bring back one more character out of a select few I'm sure he would pick someone bigger than Jigglypuff. The only thing going for her is that she's been in all three Smash games, that's it, she's not that popular anymore, and unlike every other character that was in Brawl she's not important to the series she comes from. Her being a fairy type doesn't matter much, I mean Sakurai didn't feel the need to represent dark and steel types in Melee.
I dunno. Maybe I'm just biased, but I really think Jigglypuff IS low priority, but only to an extent where if he can only bring back one character in a short time frame, it'd probably be her because of her veteran status and how easy she is to port from the previous game.

Another possibility is that she is a high priority character this time, and Sakurai's taking advantage of the fairy type thing and using it to make the character better than before.

Just a possibility though.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
In my opinion:
High risk:

Medium Risk:

Low Risk:

Perfect I can agree with that

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
In my opinion:
High risk:

Medium Risk:

Low Risk:

Put Wolf in Medium and I'd agree fully

The part about Mewtwo though, maybe. I think since Lucario was already in, Sakurai could pass him off as a replacement for Mewtwo and be done with the game. I don't think anyone in Brawl could be replaced like that expect the ones we expect to leave.
Not really, Mewtwo actually has more relevance to pokemon than Lucario in gen 6 (who also had lots of relevance), we could have both. Why can't people see that?

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Put Wolf in Medium and I'd agree fully

Not really, Mewtwo actually has more relevance to pokemon than Lucario in gen 6 (who also had lots of relevance), we could have both. Why can't people see that?
I was referring to Brawl. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Mewtwo is probably gonna be in Smash 4.

BTW your signature is amazing.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
So two remakes, the newer of which was sold alongside the same game plus two entire games for the same price on a much more prevalent system? Snake Eater 3D was a complete scam.

Snake may or may not return, but anyone saying he's important to Nintendo is fooling themselves.
What difference does it make if they are remakes? When did the quality of the title matter? I see this all the time but I still don't get why so many throw a double standard at snake, so now not only does he have to have numbered triple A titles on Nintendo systems, but no ports of any kind are worth a damn either. Come on that's just ridiculous, is sakurai really gonna host a board meeting where they discuss how many games one dev has made for them or if their worthy enough titles to warrant a slot? I don't think so, he was in one of their biggest crossovers and he's konami's biggest character, that should be worth a return in and of itself.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
People don't realize either, Snake being a third party puts him in a certain predicament. He can't just be "cut" like any other character, Sakurai had to go through legal work and deal with both Nintendo and Konami to get Snake in. I can't imagine Kojima would suddenly not want Snake in, and Sakurai sure won't tell him that he's "just not putting him in this time." Being third party instantly makes Snake higher priority than most of the others, he isn't going anywhere.

Pokemon Trainer is another tricky one, people use the argument that three characters in one = harder to make so he'll be cut. All Sakurai needs to do is port them over, clean them up a bit in HD and possibly tweak them a bit, it's only half the work it was before. Plus he's the main protagonist of Pokemon, why would Sakurai cut the player character after finally adding him? Pikachu may be the mascot, but taking out the Trainer is like taking out Mario.

It's entirely possible for Lucas to go, but not for the reasons people keep saying. First, Lucas is not a clone, barely at all, he shares five moves with Ness (six if you count the final smash, which is easily changeable anyway). All of his regular attacks are completely different besides the stick, and all of his specials function differently from Ness'. I doubt that Ness or Lucas will go anywhere since Sakurai seems to have a personal preference for the Mother series.

R.O.B... I won't even go into how he saved the video game industry in the US. There are other reasons he shouldn't go and frankly it's just ignorant to think R.O.B. isn't important. First, he represents his own series, why would Sakurai just erase an entire series? It's not like there's anyone else who can represent R.O.B. His moveset is very different from the rest of the cast as well, he'd be a very unique loss to the roster. There are just no good reasons to argue him being cut.

I feel like people just spam specials or something, because Wolf is barely a clone of Fox at all, he's not even a semi-clone. All of his regular attacks are completely different, his blaster is so marginally different that it's laughable to compare it to Fox or Falco's, and though his Landmaster was a glaring stain, that can be replaced too. He's Fox's rival, and the closest thing to a main villain in Star Fox besides a floating head, and he's arguably more important than Falco. Falco has a low chance of getting cut too, Sakurai went through the trouble of decloning him in Brawl, and he can declone him further, this clone argument is just a load of BS anyway.

Ike, people think he'll get replaced because he "replaced" Roy. Roy (and Mewtwo) was planned for Brawl, to be alongside Ike, there was going to be three Fire Emblem characters. We'll probably still get a new FE rep (or Roy could come back), but that doesn't mean Ike needs to go anywhere.

Now the Ice Climbers, if there's anyone who even still doubts them, Rosalina has a Luma who's AI works just fine on the 3DS, it won't hold back anyone.

Jigglypuff is... debatable. She's been in since the first game and that should say something, but she's still a bit of a low end Pokemon who just got really lucky.

Ness, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Meta Knight (because someone mentioned him), you've got to be ****ing insane if you think they're leaving.

Really, Toon Link cleared most of my doubt about any cuts and Lucario sealed the deal. There will probably be no cuts at all.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Why do people doubt Shiek's returning? She was the last starting veteran revealed in Brawl.
I don't know maybe cause they probably wanna make the game more balanced, maybe to improve zelda (so they can make her a bit faster, less floaty), some people think the phantom may be a move so sheik may not come back (cause it's been redesigned to resemble TP, which makes it seem like something that is part of Zelda) or maybe to replace her with someone more important to the series but she'll most likely come back

Looks a lot more Twilight princessey rather than toony and looks like the ones zelda possesses in the game being pink

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
People don't realize either, Snake being a third party puts him in a certain predicament. He can't just be "cut" like any other character, Sakurai had to go through legal work and deal with both Nintendo and Konami to get Snake in. I can't imagine Kojima would suddenly not want Snake in, and Sakurai sure won't tell him that he's "just not putting him in this time." Being third party instantly makes Snake higher priority than most of the others, he isn't going anywhere.

Pokemon Trainer is another tricky one, people use the argument that three characters in one = harder to make so he'll be cut. All Sakurai needs to do is port them over, clean them up a bit in HD and possibly tweak them a bit, it's only half the work it was before. Plus he's the main protagonist of Pokemon, why would Sakurai cut the player character after finally adding him? Pikachu may be the mascot, but taking out the Trainer is like taking out Mario.

It's entirely possible for Lucas to go, but not for the reasons people keep saying. First, Lucas is not a clone, barely at all, he shares five moves with Ness (six of you count the final smash, which is easily changeable anyway). All of his regular attacks are completely different besides the stick, and all of his specials function differently from Ness'. I doubt that Ness or Lucas will go anywhere since Sakurai seems to have a personal preference for the Mother series.

R.O.B... I won't even go into how he saved the video game industry in the US. There are other reasons he shouldn't go and frankly it's just ignorant to think R.O.B. isn't important. First, he represents his own series, why would Sakurai just erase an entire series? It's not like there's anyone else who can represent R.O.B. His moveset is very different from the rest of the cast as well, he'd be a very unique loss to the roster. There are just no good reasons to argue him being cut.

I feel like people just spam specials or something, because Wolf is barely a clone of Fox at all, he's not even a semi-clone. All of his regular attacks are completely different, his blaster is so marginally different that it's laughable to compare it to Fox or Falco's, and though his Landmaster was a glaring stain, that can be replaced too. He's Fox's rival, and the closest thing to a main villain in Star Fox besides a floating head, and he's arguably more important than Falco. Falco has a low chance of getting cut too, Sakurai went through the trouble of decloning him in Brawl, and he can declone him further, this clone argument is just a load of BS anyway.

Ike, people think he'll get replaced because he "replaced" Roy. Roy (and Mewtwo) was planned for Brawl, to be alongside Ike, there was going to be three Fire Emblem characters. We'll probably still get a new FE rep (or Roy could come back), but that doesn't mean Ike needs to go anywhere.

Now the Ice Climbers, if there's anyone who even still doubts them, Rosalina has a Luma who's AI works just fine on the 3DS, it won't hold back anyone.

Jigglypuff is... debatable. She's been in since the first game and that should say something, but she's still a bit of a low end Pokemon who just got really lucky.

Ness, Captain Falcon, Mr. Game & Watch, and Meta Knight (because someone mentioned him), you've got to be ****ing insane if you think they're leaving.

Really, Toon Link cleared most of my doubt about any cuts and Lucario sealed the deal. There will probably be no cuts at all.
In regards to your statement about Pokemon Trainer, has Sakurai confirmed that he ports fighters over? I thought that he mostly did everything from scratch (or something to that extent, perhaps not scratch, but I don't think he blatantly ports characters), I mean, if he just ports over characters, why are we to receive ANY cuts? Or is that the notion that you are trying to make overt?

Secondly, what reason do you think Lucas will be cut? His similar play-style is really the only thing that will get him omitted. I am not insinuating that he is a clone, but he has the same play-style, so removing him isn't as detrimental. He has no other reason to go that I can think of.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
In regards to your statement about Pokemon Trainer, has Sakurai confirmed that he ports fighters over? I thought that he mostly did everything from scratch (or something to that extent, perhaps not scratch, but I don't think he blatantly ports characters), I mean, if he just ports over characters, why are we to receive ANY cuts? Or is that the notion that you are trying to make overt?

Secondly, what reason do you think Lucas will be cut? His similar play-style is really the only thing that will get him omitted. I am not insinuating that he is a clone, but he has the same play-style, so removing him isn't as detrimental. He has no other reason to go that I can think of.
I think he's at least porting over some assets and editing them since they look so similar to their brawl appearance and if there are cuts it'll be because of time constraints

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

I'm saying that none of them are going to get cut, Lucas has no reason to go. Play-styles certainly aren't a reason to get rid of anyone, as Toon Link shows.

He might make a few of them completely from scratch, but he still uses Brawl as a base. When he made the Trainer the first time, he had to conceptualize how he would work, think of three movesets, then implement it in the game. This time, even if he does make the models from scratch, he still has the entire movesets from Brawl to use again, besides any slight changes, that cuts the amount of work since he no longer has to go through the "planning phase" for him. And as Sonicguy said, they are all very similar looking to their Brawl appearance, mostly in the animations. Mario being an example, has the same idle animation, attacks, etc.

@josh bones

Did you completely skip over most of what I said? Those characters you listed are the ones I said have no reason to leave. Though you reminded me that I forgot about Sheik. Sheik has no reason to leave, she's been a part of Zelda's moveset since Melee, Sakurai went through the trouble of updating her design in Brawl to match Zelda and she looks the same as she did in Brawl, there are just no reasons. I've already shown that the Phantom has about a 90% chance of being an assist trophy, the pose she pulls in the picture with him, and in a second picture without him, is the same pose she pulls after releasing an assist trophy in Brawl.

While I'm at it, Zero Suit Samus also has no reason to leave, Samus has been all alone in each Smash game, but Zamus at least gave us a second moveset that's completely different from others. She's also Samus herself, just without the power suit, Sakurai won't get rid of a good mechanic for no reasons.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I'm saying that none of them are going to get cut, Lucas has no reason to go. Play-styles certainly aren't a reason to get rid of anyone, as Toon Link shows.

He might make a few of them completely from scratch, but he still uses Brawl as a base. When he made the Trainer the first time, he had to conceptualize how he would work, think of three movesets, then implement it in the game. This time, even if he does make the models from scratch, he still has the entire movesets from Brawl to use again, besides any slight changes, that cuts the amount of work since he no longer has to go through the "planning phase" for him. And as Sonicguy said, they are all very similar looking to their Brawl appearance, mostly in the animations. Mario being an example, has the same idle animation, attacks, etc.

@josh bones

Did you completely skip over most of what I said? Those characters you listed are the ones I said have no reason to leave. Though you reminded me that I forgot about Sheik. Sheik has no reason to leave, she's been a part of Zelda's moveset since Melee, Sakurai went through the trouble of updating her design in Brawl to match Zelda and she looks the same as she did in Brawl, there are just no reasons. I've already shown that the Phantom has about a 90% chance of being an assist trophy, the pose she pulls in the picture with him, and in a second picture without him, is the same pose she pulls after releasing an assist trophy in Brawl.

While I'm at it, Zero Suit Samus also has no reason to leave, Samus has been all alone in each Smash game, but Zamus at least gave us a second moveset that's completely different from others. She's also Samus herself, just without the power suit, Sakurai won't get rid of a good mechanic for no reasons.
I did mention in an earlier post why she could leave and why the phantom is actually a move but I think it's most likely an AT

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I don't know maybe cause they probably wanna make the game more balanced, maybe to improve zelda (so they can make her a bit faster, less floaty), some people think the phantom may be a move so sheik may not come back (cause it's been redesigned to resemble TP, which makes it seem like something that is part of Zelda) or maybe to replace her with someone more important to the series but she'll most likely come back

Looks a lot more Twilight princessey rather than toony and looks like the ones zelda possesses in the game being pink
So in terms of Pokemon Trainer, Uniqueness is keeping him in, but is not letting shiek stay? Pokemon Trainer is essentially a more complicated version of Zelda/Shiek, so everyone's arguments about Pokemon Trainer's uniqueness should apply to Sheik, too . As for the suit of Armor, it could maybe just be designed to be an assist trophy. I mean, it's Toon Zelda who takes control of the armor in the game, and we have Toon Link confirmed already, so it ends up being a mess of canon if TP Zelda is controlling it. Even then, I'm pretty sure Zelda gets into the armor to control it. Plus, in the picture, Zelda is pulling off a taunt she had in Brawl (which was also in another smash 4 screenshot I believe).

If anything, having Zelda in her Twilight Princess design pretty much confirms Shiek returning. While she doesn't have an actual appearance in the game, Shiek does have concept art for it, which is what Brawl's Shiek design is based off of.

josh bones

Smash Lord

@josh bones

no reason to leave, yet who does have a chance to leave if not them

Top Bottom