• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prejudices aside, if a few characters need to be cut who will they be?

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
But I'm saying it's his stage, it's something that directly links to him so it'd be weird to not have him
Then it all goes back to what I was saying about stages relationship. There not based off char their based off games. Like pilotwing stage, or that toon link train track stage. It's like saying Ridley being playable in the game cuz of the pyrosphere stage where it belongs to Ridley.

We will see soon enough e3 is coming up. lol but <3 ur opinion always will.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Then it all goes back to what I was saying about stages relationship. There not based off char their based off games. Like pilotwing stage, or that toon link train track stage. It's like saying Ridley being playable in the game cuz of the pyrosphere stage where it belongs to Ridley.

We will see soon enough e3 is coming up. lol but <3 ur opinion always will.
No the pyrosphere is just a general metroid location it's not directly linked to another character

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
No the pyrosphere is just a general metroid location it's not directly linked to another character
??? I know it's not directly linked to another char. The stage represent game not char is my message from the last comment. I think maybe u misread??? I don't know what ur trying to say.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
??? I know it's not directly linked to another char. The stage represent game not char is my message from the last comment. I think maybe u misread??? I don't know what ur trying to say.
You said "It's like saying Ridley being playable in the game cuz of the pyrosphere stage where it belongs to Ridley."
But the pyrosphere doesn't belong to ridley unlike the halberd to meta knight it's just a general metroid location not directly linked to anyone

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
You said "It's like saying Ridley being playable in the game cuz of the pyrosphere stage where it belongs to Ridley."
But the pyrosphere doesn't belong to ridley unlike the halberd to meta knight it's just a general metroid location not directly linked to anyone
O thank you for clarifying actually that stage is directly connected Ridley if u played Metroid Other M.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
O thank you for clarifying actually that stage is directly connected Ridley if u played Metroid Other M.
I mean it's where he is but it doesn't belong to him like the halberd does to meta knight, it's just where he appears, That stage could link to any metroid character

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I mean it's where he is but it doesn't belong to him like the halberd does to meta knight, it's just where he appears, That stage could link to any metroid character
Gawd dammit I don't know what to say to that which means u have a valid point. OR he could just bring back that stage cuz it was decent. But overall u have a valid point.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
I consider it a pretty big hint when one of only two returning stages confirmed has Meta Knight's face flying around. I mean, why show off a stage which has (arguably) the greatest implication that a specific character is present, if said character is not?

I don't know, maybe I'm just biased.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Rid of Wolf.

It would be weird to get rid of Falco, he's the Starfox team and is more iconic. Just make Fox and Falco the best they can be. Though all 3 played differently in Brawl, they're still clones to me. Keep all 3, but if 1 is going to take up another character's slot, remove Wolf.

Krystal is the obvious 3rd Starfox rep. They have to replace Wolf with her.

And as iconic and amazing as Ganondorf is, I will gladly replace him with Toon Ganondorf. He's just as iconic to me.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
Rid of Wolf.

It would be weird to get rid of Falco, he's the Starfox team and is more iconic. Just make Fox and Falco the best they can be. Though all 3 played differently in Brawl, they're still clones to me. Keep all 3, but if 1 is going to take up another character's slot, remove Wolf.

Krystal is the obvious 3rd Starfox rep. They have to replace Wolf with her.

And as iconic and amazing as Ganondorf is, I will gladly replace him with Toon Ganondorf. He's just as iconic to me.
Maybe toon link was in the game because sakurai plans to add toon ganondorf.

Which means the custom move sets erase falco and wolf leaving only fox. Cuz the custom move sets could customize fox reflect or laser shot like falco's and wolf's.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Maybe toon link was in the game because sakurai plans to add toon ganondorf.

Which means the custom move sets erase falco and wolf leaving only fox. Cuz the custom move sets could customize fox reflect or laser shot like falco's and wolf's.
Yeah I'm okay with that. I do like Falco's character/design and all, though. But yeah, that would make sense with the custom moveset.

MAGMIS

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm almost done predicting the roster thnx to your post about toon ganondorf which I totally forgot about. Another reason toon ganondorf is in even more is that the custom move sets for captain falcon can turn into brawl/melee version of ganondorf. So it's confirmed that sakurai can't add the same clone as captain falcon instead toon ganondorf will join the fray.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think the consensus is Ivy and Squirtle are most likely getting the axe. Agreed?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I think people just say that because they are both floaty pokemon that stand on 2 legs
Chrom and Ike are both swordsman with blue hair. They couldn't possibly be different. AMIDOINGITRITE!?

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
Wolf. Flawed design (his recovery is tragic) and Star Fox does not need 3 reps given the state of the franchise. It makes no sense for him to hold a slot at this point.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Wolf. Flawed design (his recovery is tragic) and Star Fox does not need 3 reps given the state of the franchise. It makes no sense for him to hold a slot at this point.
It does not make sense to bring star fox back down to 2 reps especially when he is so easy to make and can easily be buffed and he is a villain so he does deserve a spot

Masterphailure

Smash Cadet
Ike is going to be cut, due to the newest Fire Emblem game being out.
Squirtle might go since we have a Water representative with Greninja
Snake, just a guess because of nobody contacting Kojima (and with the whole Ground Zeroes story)
Lucas might get the boot as well, unless Nintendo somehow translates Mother 3 and makes it available to other regions.

I do hope these characters come back though, I'm all for unique fighting styles in this game.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Ike is going to be cut, due to the newest Fire Emblem game being out.
Squirtle might go since we have a Water representative with Greninja
Snake, just a guess because of nobody contacting Kojima (and with the whole Ground Zeroes story)
Lucas might get the boot as well, unless Nintendo somehow translates Mother 3 and makes it available to other regions.

I do hope these characters come back though, I'm all for unique fighting styles in this game.
Ike is the 2nd most important FE character after marth due to having 2 games of his own unlike other protagonists, those being the last 2 console FE games, he is one of the most unique and popular lords and he is in SMTxFE which makes him relevant again
Also mother 3 released in japan where smash is made, it not being localized preobably doesn't mean much to them

Last edited:

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
It does not make sense to bring star fox back down to 2 reps especially when he is so easy to make and can easily be buffed and he is a villain so he does deserve a spot
Fair enough, I at least hope his moveset is refined. I really don't see him as a well-designed character in Brawl.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Fair enough, I at least hope his moveset is refined. I really don't see him as a well-designed character in Brawl.
Well he was shoved in at the last minute like falco in melee as well as the other melee clones, I think if he's buffed slightly he could be great

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
We kinda would have to know his values. Would he prefer to keep easier to design (clone) characters in order to pad the roster's number, or would he rather take the sum of that time to work on a more unique character or two?

I wanna say he'd opt for the latter, but given T.Link is in it's hard to say with 100% certainty.

We kinda would have to know his values. Would he prefer to keep easier to design (clone) characters in order to pad the roster's number, or would he rather take the sum of that time to work on a more unique character or two?

I wanna say he'd opt for the latter, but given T.Link is in it's hard to say with 100% certainty.
It seems the former has been the case for Melee and Brawl. In Melee, he added those six derivative characters with the indented portraits on the select screen, when he could have worked on Wario, or Dedede, or any major supporting character that was conspicuously absent. Then in Brawl, the late addition characters were Toon Link and Wolf (clones) as well as Jigglypuff (imported from Melee) and Sonic (had a different team specifically to work on him).

It seems if more time becomes available, Masahiro uses it on clones or something he can import from a previous game.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It seems the former has been the case for Melee and Brawl. In Melee, he added those six derivative characters with the indented portraits on the select screen, when he could have worked on Wario, or Dedede, or any major supporting character that was conspicuously absent. Then in Brawl, the late addition characters were Toon Link and Wolf (clones) as well as Jigglypuff (imported from Melee) and Sonic (had a different team specifically to work on him).

It seems if more time becomes available, Masahiro uses it on clones or something he can import from a previous game.
Although wario wasn't big enough yet and he didn't wanna add any kirby characters cause he didn't want to favour his own creations and I'm almost positive most of these characters are being ported from brawl and then altered

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I think the only potential cuts not confirmed are Squirtal, Lucas, Ivysaur, Ike, Wolf/Falco and Snake.

one think is for sure, R.O.B. is definitely not among them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
As a matter of fact

Look at this, reference in tomodachi life

CHECKMATE

R.O.B is 99% sure to come back now.

And to explain and offical smash brawler, that means hes a offical character of the smash bros series.

Dairz

Smash Ace
As a matter of fact

Look at this, reference in tomodachi life

CHECKMATE

R.O.B is 99% sure to come back now.

And to explain and offical smash brawler, that means hes a offical character of the smash bros series.
Official brawler, as in "playable in Brawl", most likely. I'm sure a regular would be referred as an "Official Smasher".

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Official brawler, as in "playable in Brawl", most likely. I'm sure a regular would be referred as an "Official Smasher".
But one of the newcomers from brawl being called offical?

:mario2::luigi2::pikachu2::jigglypuff::fox::falcon::ness2::samus2::kirby2::dk2::yoshi2::link2: Are the officals of 64

:falco::bowser2::marth::gw::peach::ganondorf::popo::zelda::sheik: (And possibly :mewtwopm:) Are the officals from melee

:charizard::pit::rob::metaknight::wario::lucario::zerosuitsamus::olimar::dedede::ike::sonic: (And possibly:wolf::lucas:) are most likely the officals of brawl

Last edited:

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
Snake is definitely getting cut, he would have been announced by now
Lucas has a pretty good chance of getting cut seeing as he hasn't been really introduced to the West in an earth bound games
Im hoping that every character who was in the N64 game returns, I grew up with that game and would hate to see any of them go away

Crendog

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0318-7435-8104
Well it's just if there is room and time to include 3 Fire Emblem characters.
If there are going to be 3, than Ike is a shoe in.
But if there is only going to be 2 slots for a Fire Emblem character, will it create a trend where Marth stays but they cycle out the 2nd option for a newer character. Chrom seems to be the most requested Fire Emblem character on here.
Pokemon trainer basically is cut. Nintendo said that there will be no more transformations

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Pokemon trainer basically is cut. Nintendo said that there will be no more transformations
That post was made in January, well before the Smash Bros. Direct. Be sure to check the date of the post before you quote people.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Snake is definitely getting cut, he would have been announced by now
Lucas has a pretty good chance of getting cut seeing as he hasn't been really introduced to the West in an earth bound games
Im hoping that every character who was in the N64 game returns, I grew up with that game and would hate to see any of them go away
I call BS right here.

Top Bottom