• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* V Melee Results and Shoutouts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I don't think many people care that I got 4th :( I got like 1000x more hype at Apex.
That's how it is, i got more hype when i got 4th at the 1st Apex.

Once you **** a national no one cares about how we do after that looool.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
so far Mafia get together:

Me
July (if she can come)
Chibo
Gheb

who else is up? we will play irl mafia!

Dart!

Smash Master
Im glad some amazing players remembered me and i understand tha others didnt. Shoutouts to come but for sure playing with dr peepee changed my outlook on falco vs marth.

Acryte

Smash Ace
AXE I was mad hyped to see you get 4th I was hoping you'd get top 5 the whole tourney. I was ****in lovin it, too bad you couldn't take out hbox though, would have liked to see you go up against PeePee, but his set with hbox was still pretty sick

HugS™

Smash Lord
LOL Axe, why do you think the world's best always fall? They get tired of winning, it's a lot of weight to deal with.

No one cares if you win, everyone gets on your case if you lose. It's lose lose.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Dr. Peepee will always get hype because NC will ALWAYS back him up

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
True. AZ needs to hype up Axe and Vector (and others from AZ). What's up AZ?

sauc3

Smash Lord
Dem Canadians...
Tristan - hitbox of a snail kinda got ***** :(, but its always hella fun teaming with you and we ***** those mms haha,
James - good **** drivin as always, good times yo, i remember you saying this may be your last national, :(, melee is too much fun to quit and you know it
Jack - such a fast smexy fawks, and smart marf too, you always get insanely better after going to these, we should play more, your marth is ****,
Camillo - buriiitttoo, way to get first seed goin to round 3, ur such a beast!! awesome job for your first national, and howd u enjoy your other firsts? hotel? self checkout? duty free? haha, they **** eh?
Dylan - sucks *** your controller got stolen, hopefully it didn't ruin the whole trip tho, get those 0 to d's down, u shiek is soo close all the time, **** puff tho, she's a bad character, and noone likes you when you play her, true story.
Reggie - *********, you lost to kaostar you nub, buildin dat hype with like 20 posts haha, deez nutz
Kyle - yay double puff, i had mad fun winnin that money in dubs near the end, sorry my puff is sooo bad vs falcon haha, it seems everyone we played played falcon, wtf, but its always fun chillin with you, might see you tomorrow at pogogo's,
Nick - congrats on being the highest grossing canadian :p, i still cant believe you didnt make it out of first round, i hear you got soo close every time, lame **** yo, but hey, not all is lost,
Ryan - ryan mutha ****in ford, best placing canadian!? ill show you best placing canadian! :p, no controversy here my friend, u da bess, and we are all waiting for the day you get past those nerve and **** everyone up.
Bernard - man i saw ur set vs s2j, you had him the whole time, he just pulled some **** out of his ***, you could def tell who the better player was, sucks you lost, ggs when we played, ur fawks is soo pretty :)
David - david the ninja, i didnt see you play a singles game the whole tourney, untill day 3 vs remen, u seemed slower than normal, still good job,
Eric - the surprise entrant, i would have never guessed, fun friendlies and mario party, lettin you steal my coins cuz i knew the inevitable controller swap was comin, thats some nxt level ****
Josh - i also didnt see you too often untill the end, but fun friendlies, and you have the best falcon evar, you should main him yo, its soo good,

R1 Pools...
DOP - great peach, cool guy in general, im pretty sure i saw you at mc****s twice, the sauce is always the best, ****ty we didnt get our mm in, next majot tho find me, im always down
Mojo - mad jokes guy, ur fawks is really good yo, same with ur falcon, good times friendlying and the canadian hotel, tourney mode was ****,
Laijin - man you're yl really reminds me of armadas, and you played that matchup really well, nice job winnin amateur bracket,

R2 Pools...
Hungrybox - i wish i could have played you more, i wanted to work on my fawks jiggs matchup, funs friendlies, you ***** me in tourney tho, i feel you pain about yl tho, its really frustrating i know, just practice up like armada did and get him next time.
Rohins - awesome samus, thanks for all the advice on the matchups, the puff matchup is really gay i know, and you had 3 of them haha, sucks man, fun games none the less,
Apollo - in a pool with 3 puffs, that sucks ***,
G$ - **** dude, you slept right through pools, we waiting for like 2 hours, but fun friendlies at the end and nice job in teams, bringin the **** as always, has fun playin you while gfs were goin on

R3 Pools...
Axe - such a fast agro pika, really hard to handle, i had an awesome time gettin pika combod game 2, good **** gettin 4th, ran a **** train to wsf, too good man, mad humble, best smasher there is,
DoH - graaa! ill get you one of these days, you ***** my fox really hard tho, ggs, awesome peach, next time!
Swift - good games, you fox is really good, sorry i was playin so gay 2nd game, i just didnt wanna get 2-0d by everyone rnd 3, but you ***** me 3rd game but i deserved it, ggs, wish i couldve played you more,
Dart - ggs in pools and in mms, me and jpobs run **** in teams tho, i dont think you and renebalde saw it coming haha, was a lot of fun playin you tho, great marth

Friendlies...
Vanz - smartest smasher I know, but alas the game requires you to be ultra lame to win aswell, which I respect you for not doing, still you awesome at this game and deserve every awesome placing you get, fun friendlies dude, i never got to play your peach tho... :(
Alukard - friendlies were hella fun at the end, you and g$ ***** me and harriet in those teams games, but i still had a great time,
MattDotZeb - grr, ill get you next time, fun mms, my fox is gunna be better next time just you wait haha, ggs, mad respect

tect

Smash Journeyman
Shoutoutssss

Since I'm too lazy and had to put my real life on hold for a while for Pound, I'm going to make this a bit more generic for the time being, save a few exceptions.

chu: GGs and good times/talks. don't quit

kaffei: you're so tiny! play melee. **** THIS I'M GOING ZELDA

xavier/neko: MCDs life saver and pimpin PM all dai. good times. p.s. you snore.

radian: i love your sense of humour. try posting some time.

3: you have a good samus. so tricky! hope the airport didn't own you.

BO10: Sorry for SDing our last teams match =( I still feel really bad, we would have gotten our flow back and placed in the money FOR SURE. Our friendlies were hype too, very exciting play.

unknown: WHY CAN'T YOU REMEMBER MY NAME?! ='( j/k chill times man, glad to have been able to play you. we'll chat regarding ontario tournies

KK: thanks for the advice/support, goes a long way. see you soon!

ministry: lots of friendlies ^_^ they were fun

sanuzi: how did we manage to play like, negative 2 games?

idea: we were never in the same place at the same time, well, barely. LOL

riddlebox: you has good peach. that is all.

raynex: i need spacies practice, teach me.

acidile: ty for the support dude! good to know someone has my back =)

iliad: cool scarf. that is all. XD

summonedfist!: sry we didn't play. i'll have to come visit you all

jpobs: it feels nice to have a fan. i'm a fan of yours too ;) haha

vist: you should just main falco, haha. your last combo was ridiculous (in a good way) good chats, 'til next time.

rayku: i was scurred

fullmetal: sorry i wasn't playing my best in pools ggs

armada: thanks for the friendlies when you were in a rush. i was nervous our first pools match, it took me until last stock 2nd match to get any flow. you are too good. ggs

strawhat dahean: your azen-style that 3rd match proved too powerful! not even my shield could protect me from your tippers! good matches, hope to play you again some time.

cactuar: your style ***** me. funny, because people say we play alike. 2 good.

chinesaah: i feel like you had more in you that didn't show during pools. your recoveries are beast.

harriettheguy: fun friendlies. THE COAT COMES OFF!

rockcrock: good teams matches. you have a good ganon

hbox: we didn't meet in bracket. genesis 2 we'll record GFs ;)

chillin: we never did play singles, i wanted to test my falco against you

azen: your spacing is too good.

darksyde: channel the rage into consistent play and you are a threat. ggs

plank: sorry for the camping, but i didn't want to get gimped! i was sad when i got battlefielded =( ty for the great setup

sol: i don't know why we ended up striking to marth's story. or was it mindgame?! ggs and fun talks. see you again soon?

phish-it: stick to one character. pick a main!

milkman: good games! pressure falco more.

rest of pool #1: ggs, i'll warm up more next time and not SD 6+ times ffs

rest of pool #2: ...that pool was tough =\

rest of pool #3: good games, was worried.

the smoker's circle: good times, good chats, and good trades. i hope you all liked my canadian classics haha ;) send me a msg all of you since there were too many names to remember

PCE&LOVE&SMASHHHHH

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Axe fishing for the compliments :p

I havent posted in the melee pika boards in forever but I was very happy to see you do well. Im about to pick up melee again since the only reason I stopped was because I thought pika could never have the success youre having with him now. I show the brawl pikas your vids n stuff too so theyre also fans, lol.

Pi

Smash Hero
3: you have a good samus. so tricky! hope the airport didn't own you.

was all good, you made your flight on time? had to have been close
when i got htere i chilled w/ some fl peeps & hdl
then went to my gate and the lady was like...you don't leave for like 5 hours i was like i know
so i slept in a chair for hour spurts till round 3, then they made an announcement that the flight i was on was overbooked, and offered a 400$ plane voucher & hotel/meal voucher if anyone could stay another night and leave on a first class flight in the morning
so i jumped on that ****
free trip to G2 baby.

forward

Smash Champion
Woah, Jeff, I was just thinking recently that it's a pretty big deal that you got 4th with, as far as I know, only Pikachu (I haven't seen your bracket and there's only a few matches of you :( ). Maybe you were thinking the same thing and upset other people aren't noticing. Anyways, my take on it is this.

A Pikachu got 4th place and at the last national got 5th. Why is pikachu consistently placing high? To me, that is pretty significant. It makes me want to play pikachu. Seriously. There is a good character that I don't know how to use and that is odd; most experienced players (I don't consider myself good anymore) can play high tier characters with a certain amount of success, but I can't do it with pikachu. I mostly get owned.

It took awhile for Ice Climbers to catch on after Chu brought attention to them but notably Wobbles, Fly, and HoChiMinh all built off of that foundation. It would be cool if the same thing happened with Pikachu. There have been other good players to use Pika but no one of your caliber. If you keep improving as you are and finding the nuances of the character that you do then one day the world might see a Pikachu take first place at a national.

Jeff, I'd still rate you as the person most likely to beat Dr. PP at a tournament. It seems that a lot of people don't understand how to fight Falco lately but I think that you do. I believe you could win the Falco ditto or the Pika vs Falco match. It's more than just your characters too, because you are incredibly smart in this game. You have come a long way from when you first started. I'm very happy that stepping down from my rank that the person to take it over is as skilled as you. Hopefully I set the bar high for you and hopefully you can raise even higher. I'm super proud of you man, congratulations again and good luck in the future.

Congrats to the other winners as well. Dr PP reppin' Falco and it is SICK. Hbox for playing hard again and keeping Jiggs alive. Armada, M2K, HAX BEATING AMSAH. I wasn't there but from the videos I saw a lot of talent. Good job guys. I'm happy for the melee scene.

P.S. Whoever joined in singing the pokemon song is a huge dork but I'm sure you know that.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
PP and his NC meatridahz.
Screams from the haters.... ;)

Believe it or not, NC is probably the tightest, most animated, most family like community there is in Smash. We've been supporting Kevin since he was a Mario main and will continue to. Gtf at the Thunderdome.

EDIT:

Also, Axe was ultra hyped at Apex because it was shocking how good Axe was. At Pound, everybody already knew what was up. Axe too good.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
PP and his NC meatridahz.

=/ i need my fanclub
Haha just continue to be awesome, your fanclub is closer than you think. =)

Screams from the haters.... ;)

Believe it or not, NC is probably the tightest, most animated, most family like community there is in Smash. We've been supporting Kevin since he was a Mario main and will continue to. Gtf at the Thunderdome.

EDIT:

Also, Axe was ultra hyped at Apex because it was shocking how good Axe was. At Pound, everybody already knew what was up. Axe too good.
I definitely wish I could be part of it... it sounds so fun basing off what I've seen in general. I love trashtalk and I love spirit. Axe was definitely hype you should of seen the stream at least.. Idk what the hype was at Pound 5 when he played but.. there's no reason to really worry about it.

I'm gonna say it again, just continue to be yourself and be awesome. =) Though all top players worry about getting left in the shadows because you are not winning.. it doesn't really matter though.. a large tournament will bring awesome times and you already do what you love.. so do you really need anything more? I wouldn't think so, all you can do is your best.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i'm proud to be a part of the smash community
i'm proud to be a part of NC
i'm proud of all of you

i love you all

EDIT:: except macd

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
he wouldn't stop tickling me

kirbykaze is mad cute though

AXE 09

Smash Master
Woah, Jeff, I was just thinking recently that it's a pretty big deal that you got 4th with, as far as I know, only Pikachu (I haven't seen your bracket and there's only a few matches of you :( ). Maybe you were thinking the same thing and upset other people aren't noticing. Anyways, my take on it is this.

A Pikachu got 4th place and at the last national got 5th. Why is pikachu consistently placing high? To me, that is pretty significant. It makes me want to play pikachu. Seriously. There is a good character that I don't know how to use and that is odd; most experienced players (I don't consider myself good anymore) can play high tier characters with a certain amount of success, but I can't do it with pikachu. I mostly get owned.

It took awhile for Ice Climbers to catch on after Chu brought attention to them but notably Wobbles, Fly, and HoChiMinh all built off of that foundation. It would be cool if the same thing happened with Pikachu. There have been other good players to use Pika but no one of your caliber. If you keep improving as you are and finding the nuances of the character that you do then one day the world might see a Pikachu take first place at a national.

Jeff, I'd still rate you as the person most likely to beat Dr. PP at a tournament. It seems that a lot of people don't understand how to fight Falco lately but I think that you do. I believe you could win the Falco ditto or the Pika vs Falco match. It's more than just your characters too, because you are incredibly smart in this game. You have come a long way from when you first started. I'm very happy that stepping down from my rank that the person to take it over is as skilled as you. Hopefully I set the bar high for you and hopefully you can raise even higher. I'm super proud of you man, congratulations again and good luck in the future.
Omfg... This post means the world to me... I'm being serious, this means more to me than you think... Thank you so much Sean.

And thanks so all of you. I'm sorry, I prolly shouldn't have posted that here :( I didn't mean to sound like I'm begging for attention. It's just that I felt kinda sad/upset... Idk. I'm sorry guys. Hopefully I'll see you all at Gen2.

idea

Smash Master
lol...it's all good, axe. maybe it'll take a while to get used to everyone already knowing how good you are ;)

my thoughts were basically "axe got 4th...? i'm not surprised at all."

also, i dunno how easy it is or isn't to set up but...weak nair to upsmash on jiggs. that was so good but you only got it like twice.

it works pretty well with fox too but no one seems to do it except mango.

HugS™

Smash Lord
^depends on what/who you play for
True, but if playing for the right reasons gets you to the top, being at the top then makes those reasons irrelevant.

You'll then need new reasons to remain the best, and those reasons become harder to find as people get tired of you winning.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Good job winning, Dr. PeePee!
I forgot to actually meet you at this tourney.

Melee players are so tight, special shoutout to the guys in 1038!

Shroomed

Smash Master
True, but if playing for the right reasons gets you to the top, being at the top then makes those reasons irrelevant.

You'll then need new reasons to remain the best, and those reasons become harder to find as people get tired of you winning.
This might sound kinda bad, but I'd want to remain the best for the $$$$

Making 2 grand off playing a game i like? Yea, I'll stay good.

I still don't really agree with mango giving up all that $$$$$ lol

but maybe its cuz im a broke *** mo****a

Tagxy

Smash Lord
And thanks so all of you. I'm sorry, I prolly shouldn't have posted that here :( I didn't mean to sound like I'm begging for attention. It's just that I felt kinda sad/upset... Idk. I'm sorry guys. Hopefully I'll see you all at Gen2.
I was just kidding with my comment, you deserve the attention. Ill be rooting for you and next time Ill make sure you get your props so you wont have to say anything.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
1. Get to the top for the right reasons.
2. Stay at the top to troll the **** out of the haters who inevitably rise up to do what they do (aka hate).
3. Make money.
4. **** *****es.
5. Smoke trees.
6. Go back to step 2.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Dude. You're the best around! Nothing's ever gonna keep you down.

Keep playin' Pikachu, and keep rockin'. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom