• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pound 5 Info Dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Someone earlier mentioned that Faab had made it to R3 without any trouble, so logic dictates that means he took 1st.
I was the one who said that, and I only said this because I read every single European did well. But I'm not sure he was first.

So far, we could only assume this :

1. Blunted Object\Faab
2. Blunted Object\Faab
3. IHSB

Diakonos

Smash Lord
That means Blunted Object's got 2nd seed for Round 3 pools?

How many advance from r3 pools?

Quic

Smash Journeyman
That means Blunted Object's got 2nd seed for Round 3 pools?

How many advance from r3 pools?
The amout of people that make it out of pools in every round has a handy mnemonic device associated with it.
Think of 'people losing hundreds of dollars at pound 5', and you'll get the correct answers.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Updated the OP with everything I could find.

Known Seeds in R3 Pools:

1st Seeds
Amsah
Armada
Axe
Dr PeePee
Faab
Hax
Hungrybox
KirbyKaze
Mango
Mew2King
Overtriforce <3
Redd
Remen
Reneblade (Unconfirmed)
S2J
Shroomed
Strawhat Dahean
Weon-X
Zhu

2nd Seeds
Blunted Object
Chillin
Colbol
Eggm
Kels
Lovage
Nando
Rayku
Rockcrock
Tec0
Tope
V3ctorman

3rd Seeds

Azen
Dart
DoH
Doll
IHaveSpaceBalls
SMan
Tafokints
Vish
YEAH

Unsure Seeds
Chudat (likely 2nd)
D20 (3rd?)
Hyuga (3rd?)

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
i love you t3h Icy

and yes, over is amazing, i can confirm you (i have been playing with him some weeks ago), he is prepared to give ****, and strawhat dahean more xD

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Zone, Vro and YCZ6 were in the Zhu, Tope, Sman pool, and are all out.

The amout of people that make it out of pools in every round has a handy mnemonic device associated with it.
Think of 'people losing hundreds of dollars at pound 5', and you'll get the correct answers.
You totally stole my joke. ):<

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman
Yo that's so ****ed up, Harriet got knocked out because of another player *****ed about losing? I'm sorry Harriet; you need to talk to host about some sort of compensation. I hate when a fellow floridian smasher gets gayed like this. I'm glad I murked Doll at Tipped off 6.
LOOL

i heard doll gave chu dat a blowjob

looool
Rapeeeeeee... an more lol

I recorded hbox vs mango friendlies and a **** ton of m2k pools and friendlies
sweet!! i cant wait now

:):):):)

BunBun

Smash Master
Why has there been no update at all from any TO?

EDIT: Alex said he would update with R3 Pools once he gets to the computer with the info on it.
Also, apparently they are doing doubles pools first.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Because, they run the tournament, and then post results when the event is over. Simple.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Why has there been no update at all from any TO?

EDIT: Alex said he would update with R3 Pools once he gets to the computer with the info on it.
Also, apparently they are doing doubles pools first.
They're probably busy running some smash tournament or something...

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Updates from Alex Strife:

-Armada/M2K's Teams matches are being recorded.
-R3 Pools are being called very soon and we should get them.

Hack

Smash Journeyman
You assume wrong.

EDIT: I do know who IHaveSpaceBalls is, I just somehow didn't make the connection to "IHSB".
He *****.

D20

Smash Lord
To clear things up about my pools...

Plank was having issues getting the pools to have the same number of players (and the correct ratio of 1st/2nd/3rd seeds). It was somehow related to M2K playing Brawl pools at the same time and not getting his Melee matches in (although no fault to him because Plank's PA system arrived late). At this point, we were already running late for the next round of pools, and we decided that asking one player to drop out (and to be refunded) would be the easiest way to deal with the issues. Since I had prior commitments today anyhow, I decided to volunteer to be dropped from the tournament. All other parties involved also agreed to these conditions.

The issues were caused by honest mistakes and a communication breakdown, but I believe we handled it in the most efficient and the most fair way. The only things I would have accomplished by staying in the tournament would be to indirectly screw over a number of players and, possibly, directly knock someone out of the tournament that I would not even be able to continue playing in (on Sunday).

I did not go to this tournament with the intention of making it to brackets anyway. Despite not being able to stay for the whole event, I simply wanted to support the Melee community and to see all of my friends.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Teams pools just got announced, top 2 make it out to seed a 32 man bracket. A lot of these pools are pure death. Also for mango's R2 pool it went mango, scar, the lake respectively

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Teams pools just got announced, top 2 make it out to seed a 32 man bracket. A lot of these pools are pure death. Also for mango's R2 pool it went mango, scar, the lake respectively
The Lake always gets so ridiculously close to making Bracket, but never makes it each time. I really hope he gets in this time. :D

D20

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised if TheLake makes bracket (even with a 3rd seed). As long as his pool doesn't have many high level Sheik players, he is going to do well.

<3 the low tiers (no bias, I swear)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom