• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im bringing a lot of new CFL with me

i mean,

139 $ roundtrip??? too good.

and can you believe my mom found roundtrip tickets from orlando to ARGENTINA for only $340????? wtf
139 round trip? That's really awesome, you better get those before they disappear. lol

Alukard

Smash Hero
Fixed. I want a lot of the WC to come out. I might get a fund raiser to get HMW and Phil to come out and commentate. We need to get Sliq to commentate too.
i'd definitely donate to that =D

i love those guys ... and they are amazing =]

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I have great news concerning the hotel situation. There is a group of 3 Marriott hotels which will be giving us rooms for the tournament. The hotels are all within walking distance of each other, multiple restaurants/food places, the movies, and a few places to shop. The going rate for the rooms is usually $150+ (marriots are expensive as ****) but I've talked my way up to the general manager of the hotels and got a rate of $89 per night. Usually the hotel doesn't have a shuttle service but... they contacted a shuttle agency and are willing to pay the costs of the shuttle service FOR us... The shuttle will run in 2 hour blocks in the morning (time to be determined later) and late at night (after the tourney ends for the day) for 2 more hours.

The hotel has offered to make a website for reserving the rooms and telling about what the hotel has to offer. They really are working with me on this and I'm excited because I've never had such cooperation from a hotel, let alone a high end hotel like Marriott.

All i need is 60 rooms throughout the course of the weekend to get this rate (not even every night, just total) so that shouldn't be hard to do at all. I hope OOSers take advantage of this, because it's truly a really good deal! I'll have more information coming soon =]
quoted just cuz it didnt last long on the last page and i dont want people to miss it =]

LLDL

Smash Hero
i bought this adapter that allows me to use an n64 controller instead of a cube for melee. Im gonna **** melee with an n64 controller :)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
My twin bro and I plus some New Mexico smashers may go to this.

To help with any donation causes (phil, HMW, ourselves even), my brother and I will perform magic tricks for everyone :D
(we're legit, just ask anyone who watched at Genesis :p)
I will donate some money in RL if you come. =)

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Kage you're my hero!

Anyone who donates to Tw1n and myself, wel will teach a magic trick to. The higher the donation the better the magic trick. (ie 1 dollar will get you a fun trick but an easy one no less. 20 will get you a much more advanced trick with an awesome outcome).

Of course, just watching magic is always free from us ^_^

The King

Smash Ace
This tournament is going to be the tournament of the year. (Jan. 16-18th, 2010)
I just kinda chuckled at this last part. If it's not the best tournament of 2010 up to this point, then Chu really does run some bomb-*** biweeklies. =P

That said, I'm going to start saving (and actually practicing again) for this now.

King Out

strawhats

Smash Master
All hail DBR. Good **** for hosting possibly the most amazing tourney of all time. Hope for Genesis 2 so I can actually be there next time. Hope More Europeans go to Pound 4 as well as the best players in South America, I hear there are some really powerful unknowns in that region of the world that could pose a threat on the international level. As for Flame's self-proclaimed prodigies, we'll see how they stack up against the new and improved m2k( translation m2k from 2007, but even better), mango, armada, and maybe amsah. M2k needs to take revenge on mango from tthe last Pound, and in doing so reclaim his throne as King of Smash.

Alukard

Smash Hero
yo melee is ****ing back ... i dont care wat anyone SAYS ... RAAAAPE

i love you WC for helping me in the REVIVAL OF MELEE!!!! =]

Alukard

Smash Hero
i just hope plank doesn't poop on my chest again with that death pool of doom LOL

Levitibus

Smash Ace
Harmoniously Gripping The Wang of Society
Hey Colbol, make OTRU come to this!

The only people I like from WC legitimately are The Germ, his gf by default, Zhu and Zelgadis, only got to meet Zel though at Pound 3 and Zhu at RoM. King is cool too but Cloud Zero > SS, keeping it real.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I just kinda chuckled at this last part. If it's not the best tournament of 2010 up to this point, then Chu really does run some bomb-*** biweeklies. =P

That said, I'm going to start saving (and actually practicing again) for this now.

King Out
Hahaha I meant the whole year!!! :D

I hope most of DBR can make it. Genesis was the true ressurection of melee, and this will be the first one with people who've actually practiced their *** off to come and show themselves. 300+ for melee???

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hahaha I meant the whole year!!! :D

I hope most of DBR can make it. Genesis was the true ressurection of melee, and this will be the first one with people who've actually practiced their *** off to come and show themselves. 300+ for melee???
During only in a 2 day span?? mmm.. I have doubts about that..

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
During only in a 2 day span?? mmm.. I have doubts about that..
You have no idea how many setups I plan on having. Nonetheless since melee will probably be bigger here, thats why melee will start Saturday. If it has to it can continue to Monday! But w/ the # of setups we are going to have....

MD/VA is already great at bringing setups. That on top of OOSers and the ones im buying (as attendance increases, i will buy even more) there will be tons. I'm actually attempting to be the first tournament ever with -such- an abundance of setups that people will always be able to be playing if they want to be. All i will need is people to step it up and at least bring cubes/wiis

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
****ing jiggs players lol. Jiggs is like the Brawl players of melee. Only they can come out of nowhere--->****.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
TOASTY TOAST

Toasty you have to enter brawl for the lulz, Toaster time

Lets rob ditto again (LOL NO)

Lets play melee, teach me stuff

tw1n

Smash Champion
I will donate some money in RL if you come. =)
<3 you Kage. If you donate I will learn some royally badas$ card trick and teach it to you... maybe something that involves either smirnoff or hockey eh =]

lol I can't wait. I just need to save and pray I can either save enough or get alot of helpful donations =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom