• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Pound* 4:: VGBootCamp Debut! Two days. Plank's sanity remaining: 50%

What type of stage set should Pound4 run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
hbox ur banned for saying u were gonna register 5 times and not doing it.

HBOX=BANNED FROM POUND 4

kthxbye

tw1n

Smash Champion
Awe come on HBox. Just pre reg and bam problem solved lol.

Speaking of that... I still need to save up and pre reg huh? Woops.

Lol PBJ. I watched the vids again just for a laugh. The racism was too **** funny!

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I'll NOT be here, but is Wario's chain grab allowed? And grab release infinites on him? Is Sheik's tilt lock banned? And Pikachu's chain grab?

Zoap

Smash Master
Plank, I apologize if this has already been asked but is anyone doing pickup from IAD(DC's airport). Can you PM me the details of who to contact if there is anyone at the moment.

MacD

Banned via Administration
if anything, stadium is less neutral than FoD

you never know what it'll change into where as on FoD the platforms change in the same way

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
if anything, stadium is less neutral than FoD

you never know what it'll change into where as on FoD the platforms change in the same way
This is true.

Anywho, putting off reg until next week. All my bills just came in. >_<''''''

No johns, still coming though. no one is excited cause I'm still kinda ... bad... but w/e. more $ for Mang0. O.o

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can't believe FoD is still neutral these days god ****, I would've thought that by now people would realize how it's the same **** as pokefloats.

Why is damn censored jesus ****.
Wouldn't be a problem with Stage Striking.

But uh...apparently people don't want that for some reason lol. Random sucks.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think stadium is much less neutral than FOD.

hylian, both games are doing stage striking. still working out the kinks.

zoap, im doing pickups from both since demand is high.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
lol you mad falcon players?
immediately followed by:
fod sucks alot
LOL
zoap, im picking up like 8,000 people for this...
I was thinking about this earlier and definitely wanted to address this.

You're suggesting to a lot of people (or at least they're under the impression) that they will (probably) have transport from the airport to the hotel.

A couple things I'm curious about:

-do you have a caravan of vehicles that will be accompanying you?

-if not, how do you plan on doing this? Even with one or two others helping you, it's still a daunting task that you're setting yourself up to undertake. PLUS you have people who will probably be flying/meeting up at the airport with groups larger than 4 people [assuming your mode of transportation will only hold 5 people, including yourself, comfortably]

-won't you be tied up with setting things up for the tourney? Granted, you're giving yourself a fair amount of time between the end of registration and the actual tournament day to take care of things completely, but there's always a lot more that you're only able to do in the days leading up to the tourney that you can't necessarily handle too far beforehand. For instance, all those TVs you're talking about. How in the blazes do you plan on transporting THOSE if you also plan on transporting so many people around the same time?

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already but I've kept up with the thread, somehow, and don't recall much of a solution to the problems these factors present.

What I WILL look into, though, and similarly to that discounted flight rate, is a Pound 4 Exclusive discounted rate for renting cars...........gahhh wait you have to be 25 or something right? ****. That probably just killed my idea right there XD Unless I'm somehow allowed to rent a **** load of cars under my name and have would-be renters just pay me (HAH mad risk there)...probably a bad idea.

Anyway, Plank, just thought you should give all of that some thought...or I'm reminding you to address the issue if you've already thought about [since it seems like most people's suggestions have been met with "yeah I already thought about it"]

I know you're crazy busy, but just don't fail to address it :)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
immediately followed by:

LOL

I was thinking about this earlier and definitely wanted to address this.

You're suggesting to a lot of people (or at least they're under the impression) that they will (probably) have transport from the airport to the hotel.

A couple things I'm curious about:

-do you have a caravan of vehicles that will be accompanying you?

-if not, how do you plan on doing this? Even with one or two others helping you, it's still a daunting task that you're setting yourself up to undertake. PLUS you have people who will probably be flying/meeting up at the airport with groups larger than 4 people [assuming your mode of transportation will only hold 5 people, including yourself, comfortably]

-won't you be tied up with setting things up for the tourney? Granted, you're giving yourself a fair amount of time between the end of registration and the actual tournament day to take care of things completely, but there's always a lot more that you're only able to do in the days leading up to the tourney that you can't necessarily handle too far beforehand. For instance, all those TVs you're talking about. How in the blazes do you plan on transporting THOSE if you also plan on transporting so many people around the same time?

I'm sorry if this has been addressed already but I've kept up with the thread, somehow, and don't recall much of a solution to the problems these factors present.

What I WILL look into, though, and similarly to that discounted flight rate, is a Pound 4 Exclusive discounted rate for renting cars...........gahhh wait you have to be 25 or something right? ****. That probably just killed my idea right there XD Unless I'm somehow allowed to rent a **** load of cars under my name and have would-be renters just pay me (HAH mad risk there)...probably a bad idea.

Anyway, Plank, just thought you should give all of that some thought...or I'm reminding you to address the issue if you've already thought about [since it seems like most people's suggestions have been met with "yeah I already thought about it"]

I know you're crazy busy, but just don't fail to address it :)
As far as picking people up goes, since we will be charging money and making profit off of it, it's not as daunting of a way to waste a day before and after the tournament. Myself, my girlfriend, tantalus, and greg have all agreed to help pick people up from the airport and transport them to frederick, everyone using the same price per person (we are undecided thus far). It will be way cheaper and easier to arrange than a taxi service though, hah! If I am busy doing tournament things (setting up the night before, mainly) these other people can still help transport. If the group is larger than 5 then we will try our best to send 2 cars to the airport and pick them both up. If not, then they may just have to wait a little bit for a second car to get there. I'm not promising 100% prompt pick-up and such, some people may have to wait an hour or two before a car can get there depending on their arrival time. Nonetheless we are offering it much cheaper than anything quicker would be (which would only be a taxi I think...)

As far as the tv's HAT's dad owns a piano moving company, and he said we can use one of the trucks to transport them. If not, i'll just rent a Uhaul, since they're only $20 per day and an extra 1$ per mile, it's not bad at all.

As far as renting cars, it shouldn't be too necessary with the venue being so close to the hotels and the transportation all being provided. Being 25 to rent a car is definitely a buzzkill.

I have no problem answering questions, I think i've thought of basically everything since I've done this so many times before but I have no qualms with answering questions or hearing suggestions and ideas.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
word Plank, 3 or 4 people is definitely solid :) and yeah I think it didn't click with me that there would be a fee because one wasn't established yet [that's always a tricky thing anyway >_>]

also...do you still want that playlist for the idea I had?
yeah that would be cool man.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I would also like to let it be known that I did NOTHING to agree to this purple name! I have rocked the yellow name since the beginning of time and think the color changers are trendsetters. **** YOU GUYS, TURN ME BACK TO YELLLLLLLLLLLLLOW!!!!! >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom