• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

POtentially completely quitting the King....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I love him, know a whole lot about him, but as the meta game carries on, its getting seemingly and seemingly harder to even just CP with him.

I used to be able to use him for every snake i wanted and win.

However it was never because the matchup was bad, it isn't...
I was just the most advanced player in the matchup at the time (meaning i had the best ddd vs snakes, and there were no snakes that knew that matchup as well as i knew snakes)

I think i pretty much proved that at Apex... I beat every snake in a MM there, losing one set 2-0 to Ally, following that with two strait set wins against him 4-0.

in my mind the matchup for DDD is at best even, and even then is starting to slowly seem in snakes favor, as the snakes ACTUALLY learn to know what they're doing, what they're best punishments are, how to control approaches godly, ect... IMO snakes best stage in the matchup is actually FD... DDD has nothing to aid his ariel game there, when he's falling its obvious and he has very little mixup that the snake can't simply solve by shield, meanwhile airchasing a good snake is near impossible with the "Chopz" recovery mixed in with proper B reversal, or no reversal at all...

That stage is where Afro recently beat me on in the last tourny, the last match i've used ddd for, and it was the only stage my snake was able to beat Co18 in two best of 5 sets we had.

If i can't beat snakes that know the matchup at the top level, theres just no point in me playing king ddd. Co18 can't even beat afro anymore, afro literally dominates every ddd he runs into.

Me and afro met again in losers finals after he lost to Chopz, and i stayed mk the whole time and won, same vs chopz... Chops also beat my ddd in a set coming from losers in grand finals last week at a mk banned tourny, and i was able to somehow win the last set...

In any case, i feel like maining mk and 2nding snake will work out way better, snake is just accelerating way faster as a character compared to DDD, so i no longer feel the need in playing him, at the moment anyway. I'll still be lurking these boards every now and again, i'll help anyone that is seeking it and willing to learn, just PM me or post in this thread if u have any comments or future questions...

Thanks for always being there, hopefully I can return the favor soon.

KirbieSeibrik

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
dang, well good luck to you. I wanna play some more MK dittos next time we meet

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Well if the true pivot to pivot chaingrab works it help the match-up a lot.

CO18

Smash Hero
I saw it coming lol. Actually I think there's a little more, Afro has usually won like 60-65% of our matches although he beat me 2-1 saturday, it was super close, 140% last stock last game and my cging was off I just felt like it was easier to react to some stuff and shut his options down easier although the only problem is snake can come up with a whole bunch more random stuff so you could be right. I still think Snake vs DDD is even not snake's adv though because I still dont have as much experience as him in the matchup. But I do think snake beats Dedede on FD lol

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
I saw it coming too...didn't see you anywhere progressing with him. I agree with the Snake matchup in how they're getting tougher for King Dedede. We need to rediscuss that matchup because it's definately not 60:40 King Dedede anymore.
Good luck Seibrik.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
if u guys wana make a thread about that matchup in specific, you can use my first post for the bulk of info, and PM me the link and i'll be sure to put in my two cents whenever nessasary.

RATED

Smash Lord
yeah, seibrik , I been having almost that prob with king ddd , is like our metagame is not changing at all or others characters are improving a lot faster. right now I am using more Snake since he's been my main with king ddd now I am using more snake than DDD. but I still use DDD for matchups like Peach, Wolf, Lucario and some others. but against mk I use both or the one who come to my mind since I have a lot of MK experience.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
So I just now closed another user's "I'm quitting said character" thread and thought it'd be a really stupid double-standard to not close this one as well.

There's a lot of good stuff for discussion here though, so you guys should definitely discuss some of the things Seibrik brought up in the general discussion thread. (Yes, it's general/social discussion guys. Not just social.)

But yeah, no I'm leaving/quitting/stopping using this character threads. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom