• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Maybe not.

It looks like everyone is taking blurry images at face value. Looking though the images, there is actually a lot wrong and, yes, there are things that are wrong based of the newest pic of the day. It's going to take some time to get it all down. Could it be real. Perhaps. But I'll make my argument first.

As a reminder, Gamtasu said Mii Fighter before it was announced (the actual name of the character). And Gamatsu was considered to be real........until it wasn't.
I'll talk a bit about them, but they are looking fake too.

Notice how Lucina never moves.........
Will you admit you were wrong yet? Also I think Gematsu was legitimate and there was some kind of misunderstanding with Chrom, we'll see if we get Chorus Men. If we do, you can't say Gematsu was fake.

Last edited:

uebo7

Smash Apprentice
You may make an argument for the bottom row but why would the second to last row be 1 less then the rest?
They may have moved Shulk down to center the last row. But if Miis do get added somewhere it might mess that up.

Where is Ganondorf then ? zelda is there too.
They probably consider him from 1998, from Ocarina of Time.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Will you admit you were wrong yet? Also I think Gematsu was legitimate and there was some kind of misunderstanding with Chrom, we'll see if we get Chorus Men. If we do, you can't say Gematsu was fake.
Awww, he never got to make his baseless arguments.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am not 100% sold on Gamatsu. Mainly because of the Chrom details, and no Rosalina. It's possible they were confused on chorus kids as well, and perhaps a different character uses them, like how Robin uses Chrom.

I think Rhythm girl might be a better choice. If only because, if you use the reasoning why ice climbers were cut, due to hardware limitations, how the heck with Chorus kids work then? If 2 characters at once were bad, just imagine 3! Perhaps they are just used in one of Rhythm girls attacks?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Gotta say, I didn't believe the leak at first (because most leaks have at least some fishiness), but there's almost too much going for this one to reasonably argue against it...

But... (unlike a lot of people I've seen), I'm actually really happy with this roster. Shulk is a great addition that people just don't know as well. DHD IS AMAZING LOOKING (really looking forward to gameplay). Bowser Jr is meh for me, but he looks interesting enough. Doc I'm fine with. Dark Pit is actually really potentially interesting... considering the number of weapons that Uprising had, he could have a completely different moveset than Pit's pretty rationally... I think that'd be cool.

Seriously the only downside from what we currently know is that Old Man Ganon + clone moveset is making his return. hoping the custom moves are good for him.

Also I'm in the camp that this isn't the final roster, so I don't see this as deconfirming anyone. I was hopeful for Isaac, and am....less so now, but who knows.

After Megaman, though, nobody else matters.

ChromTroop

Smash Cadet
well talk about denial. the roster its most likely to be final and nobody has confirmed anything about more characters(beside text leaks). please open your eyes... At this time the best you can do is hope for future DLC.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Guys, Ganondorf IS Ganon.
Aren't the matches based on the franchise's debut, not the characters?

The Revolutionary Cafe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CafeRevolution
3DS FC
2766-9632-2051
Switch FC
5665-2697-0979
Where did they say that Luigi is locked? Have they told us who is locked?
They didn't say all who are locked at the start but they definitly said Luigi and the only reason he got his own miiverse/Nintendo Direct announcement was because of the Year of Luigi

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
it kinda looks like guar plains is a walk off, i hope its not so it can be used in tournies but man it looks purdy

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
Like people said before, All-star may not have even been locked. It could've just had the icon to show that it was an unlockable mode. If that's right, then set yourself up for disappointment. That way if it's not true you can get even more hype.
Guys, Ganondorf IS Ganon.
Aren't the matches based on the franchise's debut, not the characters?
Mario and Luigi weren't shown with Peach/Bowser in the picture.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
So, this video here shows many of the leaked stages. Leak's now 100% real.

But I wondered: At 4 min 53 sec, who's that in the bottom left corner? Couldn't find a character artwork that matches it thus far.

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
Like people said before, All-star may not have even been locked. It could've just had the icon to show that it was an unlockable mode. If that's right, then set yourself up for disappointment. That way if it's not true you can get even more hype.

They first appeared in 1981 in Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros in the arcade before the NES which was the first appearance of Bowser and Peach.

Sil

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1032-1490-1609

But I wondered: At 4 min 53 sec, who's that in the bottom left corner? Couldn't find a character artwork that matches it thus far.
I think it's Samus.

Last edited:

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet

Ike

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman

Even more confusion.

EarthBoundRules

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4399-0517-2480

Looks like Samus to me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
well talk about denial. the roster its most likely to be final and nobody has confirmed anything about more characters(beside text leaks). please open your eyes... At this time the best you can do is hope for future DLC.
I won't beleive it's final till I see it. That roster screen positions and the fact that all star mode was locked i think is proof of more characters I think it's only missing 5 more(only 5 more can fit on that screen) Probably Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, and 2 others. Maybe only 1 other though, and the last slot will turn into a DLC button on the 3DS

They didn't say all who are locked at the start but they definitly said Luigi and the only reason he got his own miiverse/Nintendo Direct announcement was because of the Year of Luigi
They actually said Luigi? where?

it kinda looks like guar plains is a walk off, i hope its not so it can be used in tournies but man it looks purdy
I assume Tournies are just going to use the fine destination mode for every stage...

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484

That's Ike.

EDIT: Oh, Greninja'd

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

I can't tell. Whenever i pause the youtube bar blocks it... MAYBE its Samus?

Mariohuge

Smash Apprentice
They first appeared in 1981 in Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros in the arcade before the NES which was the first appearance of Bowser and Peach.
Yeah, and Ganondorf's first appearance was in Ocarina of Time. Before then there was only Ganon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Gotta say, I didn't believe the leak at first (because most leaks have at least some fishiness), but there's almost too much going for this one to reasonably argue against it...

But... (unlike a lot of people I've seen), I'm actually really happy with this roster. Shulk is a great addition that people just don't know as well. DHD IS AMAZING LOOKING (really looking forward to gameplay). Bowser Jr is meh for me, but he looks interesting enough. Doc I'm fine with. Dark Pit is actually really potentially interesting... considering the number of weapons that Uprising had, he could have a completely different moveset than Pit's pretty rationally... I think that'd be cool.

Seriously the only downside from what we currently know is that Old Man Ganon + clone moveset is making his return. hoping the custom moves are good for him.

Also I'm in the camp that this isn't the final roster, so I don't see this as deconfirming anyone. I was hopeful for Isaac, and am....less so now, but who knows.

After Megaman, though, nobody else matters.
Even if this is the full roster, I am VERY happy with it. Shulk is a great addition, and I can't wait to see how he chooses what buffs he uses. I don't think its choose 1 per moveset because there are more then three. Maybe it's his B move and after he preses be he presses something else to activate the correct mode?

Bowser Jr. looks really unique and interesting, and if they make it that you can get each kooperling that would be awesome.

Duck Hunt Dog is the out of left field holy crap thats awesome pick. I would love to see how he fights! He will be our only 4 legged character now that ivysaur is gone.

Dr Mario I was pretty upset about but after thinking about it I am not that upset. He could be quite different then mario. Not move wise other then no fludd.

Dark Pit I can see them going 2 ways. Giving him a slightly modified current pit, or going for original pit.

I do agree cloneish ganondorf is a bit lame. Yeah Ganondorf is more of a physical battle mage but I wished he had some more unique moves, like that ground slam in N64 and hyrule warriors, and tennis!

I am sad for no wolf, Lucas, and Ice climbers though. I loved Wolf. I hope they return somehow.

Twewy

Smash Lord
But that's completely wrong. Luigi wasn't introduced until 1983, with Mario Bros. SMB was never in the arcade, and Peach and Bowser debuted in 1985.

So it goes:
Donkey Kong
Mario

Luigi

Bowser
Peach

gamer8

Smash Lord
I was looking at Gamexplain's new video of Shulk and some people are STILL not convinced the leak is real. What the hell?

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
i think shield might be a go to while building percent, then switch to smash to finish the job
Plus if you can change in midair, jump to recover...or fake out your opponent by switching to a different monado while recovering. Such an intriguing character!

MineRoos

Smash Rookie

This?
Is Captain Falcon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom