• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Potential Roster/Stage Leak Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
ok i took a screenshot of the screen in quesion without the youtube bar. Top right is fox but I cannot make out bottom left.. it COULD be smaus but it looks different

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/zferolie/smashscreen_zpse8be9dd3.png

EDIT: It's not captain falcon

EDIT: It is NO ONE on our current confirmed characters. Not one picture lines up with that one at all. Closes is maybe Samus

EDIT Again: Ok it's probably most likely samus.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
btw... anybody who doesn't expect some sort of DLC (likely on the scale of what they're doing with MK8) is probably going to be very pleasantly surprised, imo.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I thought that one was easy to tell was Samus just because of the visor.
Yeah after looking at it even more yeah it's most likely samus. That purple is her background color and the white gleam is the light reflecting off the helmet

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Plus if you can change in midair, jump to recover...or fake out your opponent by switching to a different monado while recovering. Such an intriguing character!
i think in the leaked video he was changing in mid air so thats a thing, also if his up b has any ko potential switching to the smash stance before recovering could lead to some mind games

Rocksmasha

Smash Cadet
I thought that one was easy to tell was Samus just because of the visor.
I'm not sure because if it were samus from that angle we would see the top of the other side of her visor due to it being symmetrical. It can't be Captain Falcon either due to the same reason

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
It's not Samus or Fox. Because no character has that kind of laser effect in their render. All other characters on that page are using their render.

Momaster12

Smash Cadet
The first pic is of a hammer bro and a subspace emissary enemy.
As for the second pic, it is the 3DS version. The 1P above the character does not look like that in the Wii U version.

gamer8

Smash Lord
You know, Smashboards has been pretty smooth today even after all of the new stuff we've gotten. I hope it will continue to be that way, though it'll probably get hectic when people start getting out of school and such.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
it's samus. Here is her pic on the main page of smash

Ah yeah I see now, it was had to see exactly which bit I was looking at. What I thought was a laser effect was just the bright side of her helmet.

So apparently this could be the starting roster and this screen is on the Japanese e-shop:

Well would you look at that...no names on the icons, just like the leak.

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
To those that thought that Shulk wouldn't get in and are still in denial of the leak:
Once the dust settled on the Gematsu Leak debunking, everyone pretty much agreed that if any of the remaining two characters in the Gematsu Leak were to become reality regardless of the leak, it'd be Shulk. Turns out we were right.

Don't really need the names on the 3DS version either way. Most people will memorize faces and placement after a handful of hours.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
So apparently this could be the starting roster and this screen is on the Japanese e-shop:

Where was this from? Because holy jesus this is a good starting roster. But maybe that's just the build that's gonna be at PAX.

zferolie

Smash Hero

The game is on the Eshop? huh. And thats pretty much everyone already shown... so that leak had unlocked characters as well huh?

Hmm, but the allstar mode looked locked... could that leak have been the final roster? or are there still more. The leaker(not the one that said DLC) said there was more...

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
Uhhh just saw the Diret to Se F***** SHULK VS. BOWSER JUST LIKE I SAID BEFORE EXCEPT I SAID THERE WAS NESS. AND HE HAS THE MOVESET FROM THE LEAK! NOW WE KNOW IT'S REAL!

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
Where was this from? Because holy jesus this is a good starting roster. But maybe that's just the build that's gonna be at PAX.
The anwser is literally on the post you quoted.

A screen on the japanese e-shop.

Last edited:

MindlessFire

Smash Apprentice

Assuming that's real, that would mean that:

* Bowser Junior
* Wario
* Mr. Game & Watch
* Ganondorf
* Falco
* Jigglypuff
* Duck Hunt
* ROB
* Ness
* Dr. Mario
* Dark Pit
* Lucina

are all unlockable characters.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
The anwser is literally on the post you quoted.

A screen on the japanese e-shop.
Oh. I'm dumb, didn't see it. But that's cool, I'm happy with that to start. Especially with PALUTENA AS A START THROW A PARTY!!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Ah yeah thats also a good point, but with the game this close to release it's probably the final starting roster.

So if we just go by the leak we have shown, that leaves Dark pit, Bowser Jr., Lucina, and Duck Hunt dog as unlockable newcomers. Game and Watch, Wario, ROB, Ness, Dr. Mario, Falco, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf are unlockable returnies. I guess that doesn't sound too unresonable, but i still think we will get some more to fill out rows... at least 3-4 more. But thats just me maybe getting my hopes up. If Dr. Mario is back, Mewtwo must be back.

Last edited:

SSBBphenom

Smash Cadet
NNID
SSBBphenom
3DS FC
3368-3003-7322
That's not true because Luigi was unlocked and Luigi starts a locked character
I didn't mean that I thought all of those characters were unlocked from jump, I meant that I think that's all that comes on the cartridge/ the only ones you can unlock in the 3DS version, with more to come later. Just a theory but:

I really like the roster, but for some reason it just doesn't seem complete to me... There's room left for more characters, and the people who leaked images seemed to think it wasn't the final roster. Then there's the fact that All-Star mode is locked, and while they would have to show all the characters in the game to the ESRB, maybe they actually did show all available on the cartridge even though more could appear later, either by that Wii U connectivity or DLC...

Oh yeah, then there's the fact that the ordering CLEARLY looks like it did in Melee and Brawl when you still have chars. to unlock. It often kinda makes sense (clones lumped together, Mario related series, etc.) It just doesn't have the neat Sakurai OCD yet. Yoshi wouldn't be in the middle of Mario characters, G&W is by Wario, Lucina's not with FE, Doc. not with the rest of the Mushroom clan, etc. Those things usually get fixed once every single character is unlocked, but since we know the leaked CSS is real, the last question is would the final character ordering look like that?

There has to be more. They'd be silly not to give you incentive to buy BOTH versions, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom